PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs How this could benefit the Chiefs in the long run

Snopes Hammer
10-17-2019, 10:12 PM
First off, I'm not suggesting that we're better off without Mahomes.

But he has been carrying this team on his back so far this season. A couple of games without him while he heals may force everyone else to step up.

So when Pat comes back, this team could play up to its potential.

KurtCobain
10-17-2019, 10:13 PM
I'm not ready for this thread.

TLO
10-17-2019, 10:14 PM

But he has been carrying this team on his back so far this season. A couple of games without him while he heals may force everyone else to step up.

Give his ankle some time to heal too I guess.

I hope the defense shows this kind of aggressiveness the rest of the season.

Prison Bitch
10-17-2019, 10:14 PM
Idiot.

Reerun_KC
10-17-2019, 10:16 PM

Your a fucking idiot on so many levels is sickening.

kcclone
10-17-2019, 10:19 PM
Your a ****ing idiot on so many levels is sickening.

He’s not wrong. If Mahomes misses 2-4 week, his ankle will be in much better shape down the stretch. Our OL will probably be healthier when he gets back.

It might force the OL/offense to develop some nastiness and establish a running game.

It would certainly make the D man up like they had to tonight.

If he’s gone longer than that, then it’s a problem but if it’s short term, it could help us in January and February.

DaFace
10-17-2019, 10:20 PM
If we can survive for a few games without him, I do think it'd be good for him to get some rest and let the other guys get some work in.

Imon Yourside
10-17-2019, 10:21 PM
I see a TOP 5 Defense coming...OK it's a lot of wishing and praying.

Chiefshrink
10-17-2019, 10:25 PM
He’s not wrong. If Mahomes misses 2-4 week, his ankle will be in much better shape down the stretch. Our OL will probably be healthier when he gets back.

It might force the OL/offense to develop some nastiness and establish a running game.

It would certainly make the D man up like they had to tonight.

If he’s gone longer than that, then it’s a problem but if it’s short term, it could help us in January and February.

You make excellent points and I agree. And I think this opportunity is the biggest for the defense to grow together getting confidence down the stretch. Like I said, I'm not holding my breath BUT it would be a huge blessing for the defense to carry the load for awhile while gaining confidence.

chiefzilla1501
10-17-2019, 10:29 PM
The defense has been playing not to lose. Now they'll start playing like they have to be the ones who win. Meanwhile we can take more time to wait for fisher and Watkins and Jones to come back healthy. And we give mahomes the excuse to not be a tough guy and actually heal his ankle. I'm strangely optimistic too.

Imon Yourside
10-17-2019, 10:35 PM
The defense has been playing not to lose. Now they'll start playing like they have to be the ones who win. Meanwhile we can take more time to wait for fisher and Watkins and Jones to come back healthy. And we give mahomes the excuse to not be a tough guy and actually heal his ankle. I'm strangely optimistic too.

Watkins should be able to get a game or two in before something else keeps him out.

scho63
10-18-2019, 03:32 AM

I disagree with you 100% in DC forum but here you have a very valid point. :thumb:

Couch-Potato
10-18-2019, 03:39 AM

What is your picture of?

Mahomes_Is_God
10-18-2019, 03:47 AM
I'm still not ready to believe he's coming back this season. I'm super depressed right now so I figure if I expect the worst I'll be suprised. This was a great win tonight, just wish I could enjoy it.

New World Order
10-18-2019, 04:27 AM
It's important we eek out a win vs the Titans.

I still think we can win the division at 9-7 assuming we beat Oakland at home after the bye.

rabblerouser
10-18-2019, 04:39 AM
I'm still not ready to believe he's coming back this season. I'm super depressed right now so I figure if I expect the worst I'll be suprised. This was a great win tonight, just wish I could enjoy it.

Your and idiot.

Moran.

Chris Meck
10-18-2019, 05:13 AM

I still think we can win the division at 9-7 assuming we beat Oakland at home after the bye.

I think something like 10-6 to 11-5 is more likely.

I think the Broncos are an average-ish team; and we just stomped the fuck out of them at home on a short week and mostly without Mahomes.

I think we'll struggle with Green Bay, but the middle of the pack to slightly above average teams we should be able to handle if the defense is turning the corner. I don't expect 9 sacks and stuffing the run completely every week, but they've been shown what good things happen when they play sound, fundamental football and trust each other.

As long as Mahomes only misses...say, two or three games, I think we'll be in good shape.

PatriotReign
10-18-2019, 06:27 AM
Idiot.

Hes an AOC lover

KC_Lee
10-18-2019, 07:02 AM

Honestly the TN game scares me the most. Henry is the big bruising back that the D has failed to stop (see Indy & Houston) this year.

srvy
10-18-2019, 07:14 AM
What sort of shit heel thought this needed a tread? Oh Hammer time no wonder. This could have been a comment in any the other half dozen Mahomes injury threads.

Lzen
10-18-2019, 07:28 AM
This is not a bad thread. Jim brings up a good point. I agree, it could make the team come together and play better. That being said, they were playing better before Mahomes went out with the injury. The playcalling on the first drive started with 2 runs. That is something that has been missing. No matter what these guys like Seth say, you still need to have the threat of a running game. The defense, despite the 2 penalties that extended Denver's first drive, played very well. I know their offense isn't great but I saw a defense that was attacking, hitting gaps, bringing blitzes and stunts on passing downs. That is the defense we were all hoping for and last night they proved to us and to themselves that they are capable of playing like that. Hopefully, they grow from this.