PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Matty "Midnight Hour" Moore

rabblerouser
10-18-2019, 07:34 PM
Looks a bit like a creepy uncle who drinks a bit too much...often. Like Freddie Mercury on steroids and booze.

He also had a couple decent throws, and a couple that could've been picked.

Like it or not, he's our boy for the next couple of games, and if he can split between Green Bay and Vikings, I'll consider it a success.

Reid has 10 days to dust off some of those Alex Smiff "don't let the QB lose it for us" game plans and coach this piece of shit up. This is Reid's specialty - taking JAG QBs and making them look like viable NFL starters.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
10-18-2019, 07:34 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">QB-Kyle Orton had his first KC start against the 13-0 Packers in 2011 and KC won! Andy Reid has 10 days to scheme something up for Matt Moore. Both QBs wear #8 <a href="https://t.co/bR2IbEQEV3">pic.twitter.com/bR2IbEQEV3</a></p>&mdash; Shane Williams (@shaggyshanekc) <a href="https://twitter.com/shaggyshanekc/status/1185205528932372481?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 18, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

rabblerouser
10-18-2019, 07:36 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">QB-Kyle Orton had his first KC start against the 13-0 Packers in 2011 and KC won! Andy Reid has 10 days to scheme something up for Matt Moore. Both QBs wear #8 <a href="https://t.co/bR2IbEQEV3">pic.twitter.com/bR2IbEQEV3</a></p>&mdash; Shane Williams (@shaggyshanekc) <a href="https://twitter.com/shaggyshanekc/status/1185205528932372481?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 18, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
http://m.quickmeme.com/img/fc/fc2fca5cc8833d35c92822a6af386914480a4e7c2411a6329d9742eb6bc89110.jpg

Deberg_1990
10-18-2019, 07:43 PM
Reid will coach him up. Just get the ball to the playmakers and don’t try to be a hero.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-18-2019, 07:52 PM
Kyle Orton was a Chief??? Damn ,I guess I had erased that from my memory.

GoShox
10-18-2019, 07:54 PM

And to think that at that time, he was the best QB we had had in years

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-18-2019, 07:59 PM
And to think that at that time, he was the best QB we had had in years

And would have been a FAR better option for place holding until Mahomes came along.

Iowanian
10-18-2019, 08:07 PM
When can Henne come back? He's not season long IR is he?

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
10-18-2019, 08:20 PM

After week 8

TimeForWasp
10-18-2019, 08:23 PM

His indian name is "Runs with Whiskey"

Megatron96
10-19-2019, 02:48 AM
"Midnight Hour" Moore, that's good; I like it. Very '70s.

Moore is actually probably a better Qb than I originally gave him credit for. He has been the "Offensive Rookie of the Month," as well as the "Offensive AFC Player of the Week," during his career.

His W/L record in games started is 15-15, which might not be great, but it's not bad either. Especially considering that his record was compiled playing for three different teams and however many different OCs/playbooks. He's basically Alex Smith. Which is better than a lot of JAGs.

He's not going to try to make a name for himself and try to do too much. He's going to protect the football.

He doesn't seem to be gifted in any particular way. He doesn't have a big arm. He doesn't have great wheels. But he's been in enough games and won enough games in relief that he's not going to panic either. And he seems to be pretty smart with the football. He's going to be consistent.

He is going to need a lot of help, though. The running game is going to have to be more productive than it's been to date. He isn't going to throw downfield a lot, so the dink and dunk game is going to be a big part of our offense going forward for a while. And our defense is probably going to have to step up. We're probably going to have to hope for low-scoring games; don't think we want to get in a shoot-out with anyone right now.

Anyway, hopefully getting a lot of snaps in practice this week and next week will knock a lot of the rust off. Might make a lot of difference if we could get Watkins back for the Pack. Fisher too.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
10-19-2019, 02:55 AM
Watkins should be back! Fisher idk how much longer he will be out for. Wylie is back but sit his ads on the bench. Rankin deserves a start

Flying High D
10-19-2019, 06:14 AM

Released in 1983, that’s ‘70s?

neech
10-19-2019, 06:33 AM
No quarterback sneaks and I mean that.

displacedinMN
10-19-2019, 07:05 AM
10 days with the first team offense, should give anyone some confidence and a game plan.

oldman
10-19-2019, 07:51 AM

I don't see Henne as an answer and it still leaves us with only 1 QB for next week. I believe the smart thing is to promote Shurmur off the PS. Neither Henne or Moore are signed past this year, so let's look at a long term solution.

BigRedChief
10-19-2019, 07:57 AM
And to think that at that time, he was the best QB we had had in years:# thats right, Fuck, we were in a bad place. :facepalm:

BigRedChief
10-19-2019, 07:59 AM
Neither Henne or Moore are signed past this year, so let's look at a long term solution.There is no such thing as a long term solution for a NFL backup QB.

TEX
10-19-2019, 08:03 AM
Moore is not good. The Chiefs are in big trouble. The only saving grace is the division is not very good. 10 - 6 might win it. For that matter, the whole AFC is down, so maybe 9 - 7 gets in. On a posotive note, the Chiefs are a good road team, and if they get close to full strength down the stretch, they can go on a good run. If they make the playoffs, they can win anywhere, except N.E. Even there though, they'll have a shot.

gblowfish
10-19-2019, 08:07 AM
Yeah, he's not the greatest. Veatch plucked him off the street in August coaching high school football. Moore was a scout at Kyler Murray's pro day! But "Midnight Hour" is a way cool nickname. Let's hope he's not Tyler Palko awful for the next month.

pugsnotdrugs19
10-19-2019, 08:09 AM
Whatever the best version of Matt Moore is, is what we’re going to see here.

Andy Reid, Kelce, Tyreek, Watkins, etc. He’s never been and will never be surrounded by these types of resources again.

Also gets to start off at home where crowd noise won’t be a factor. I give us a real shot with the 10 day layoff.

But of course, the defense HAS to show up big.

oldman
10-19-2019, 08:16 AM
There is no such thing as a long term solution for a NFL backup QB.

While I agree with your statement, I guess I should have said for next year.

Master Chief
10-19-2019, 08:17 AM
This was his first in-game action in a while. Yea he’s not great obviously but he can make some throws and he’s hopefully going to get better with more practice reps with 1st String and more in-game reps. He’s also never been surrounded by the type of talent he is now. Let’s get it Matty boy!

Naptown Chief
10-19-2019, 08:20 AM
That touch pass to Tyreek was a thing of beauty. I belief in Matt Moore.

King_Chief_Fan
10-19-2019, 08:25 AM
well he did look better than Flacco

TEX
10-19-2019, 08:31 AM

LMAO True!

TEX
10-19-2019, 08:36 AM
Whatever the best version of Matt Moore is, is what we’re going to see here.

Andy Reid, Kelce, Tyreek, Watkins, etc. He’s never been and will never be surrounded by these types of resources again.

Also gets to start off at home where crowd noise won’t be a factor. I give us a real shot with the 10 day layoff.

But of course, the defense HAS to show up big.

An effective running game would help him more than exotic weapons in the passing game. He cant make all the throws or extend plays, thus reducing their ability to help him out. Gotta mix in more runs and pick your spots when you do throw it. Try not to get into predictable down & distance.

Megatron96
10-19-2019, 08:57 AM

Wilson picket? What was released in ‘83?

Besides I was more commenting on the flavor of the nickname, not a specific song.

Wallcrawler
10-19-2019, 09:20 AM
Id say Matt Moore did phenomenally, considering he had taken ZERO REPS.

How is that even possible?

With 10 days to prep, and actually getting reps, we might actually be more than a TD and a few FGs on offense.

Bwana
10-19-2019, 09:21 AM

I hadn't though of it like that, but you're right. :)

FAX
10-19-2019, 09:37 AM

Moore is actually probably a better Qb than I originally gave him credit for. He has been the "Offensive Rookie of the Month," as well as the "Offensive AFC Player of the Week," during his career.

His W/L record in games started is 15-15, which might not be great, but it's not bad either. Especially considering that his record was compiled playing for three different teams and however many different OCs/playbooks. He's basically Alex Smith. Which is better than a lot of JAGs.

He's not going to try to make a name for himself and try to do too much. He's going to protect the football.

He doesn't seem to be gifted in any particular way. He doesn't have a big arm. He doesn't have great wheels. But he's been in enough games and won enough games in relief that he's not going to panic either. And he seems to be pretty smart with the football. He's going to be consistent.

He is going to need a lot of help, though. The running game is going to have to be more productive than it's been to date. He isn't going to throw downfield a lot, so the dink and dunk game is going to be a big part of our offense going forward for a while. And our defense is probably going to have to step up. We're probably going to have to hope for low-scoring games; don't think we want to get in a shoot-out with anyone right now.

Anyway, hopefully getting a lot of snaps in practice this week and next week will knock a lot of the rust off. Might make a lot of difference if we could get Watkins back for the Pack. Fisher too.

I don't know why any Planeteer would "down-vote" this dissertation, Mr. Megatron96. Have you an enemy? Are you engaged in a secret fight against the forces of evil? Did you once get drunk and bang a chick on the run from her baby daddy? If so, don't give up. That's what I always say.

I seriously doubt that Midnight has had the kind of coach that he has now. And I'm certain he's never been around this level of offensive talent.

All he has to do is execute the plays when our patented OC Relay Staff calls them out to his magic helmet and avoid trying to act the hero. If our other guys (including the run game) step up, we'll survive these tragic times.

The players will want to win for Mahomes, the coaches will want to demonstrate their chicken salad skills, and Midnight will want to let it all hang out. That's a recipe for 2 and 2 if I ever heard one.

FAX

FAX
10-19-2019, 09:42 AM

The man known as "Exciting" Wilson Pickett, dude ...

Mid-sixties.

FAX

VAChief
10-19-2019, 09:45 AM

No released in 1965 originally by Wilson Pickett.

Meatloaf
10-19-2019, 09:46 AM
Yeah, he's not the greatest. Veatch plucked him off the street in August coaching high school football. Moore was a scout at Kyler Murray's pro day! But "Midnight Hour" is a way cool nickname. Let's hope he's not Tyler Palko awful for the next month.

If I remember correctly, George, Haley actually won a game with Tyler Palko at QB. Better success than he had with Brodie Croyle. So, let's hope Moore's not as bad as Croyle.

rabblerouser
10-19-2019, 09:47 AM
The man known as "Exciting" Wilson Pickett, dude ...

Mid-sixties.

FAX
I was thinking more like ex-Generation X front man Billy Idol, "in the midnight hour, Matt Moore, Moore, Moore...with a rebel yell, she cried Moore, Moore, Moore...", which was actually released in 1983, but I digress :

the Wicked Pickett is close to my heart, as well...

Either one works for our purposes, Mr. FAX THE MUSICALLY INCLINED.

rabblerouser
10-19-2019, 09:50 AM
I don't see Henne as an answer and it still leaves us with only 1 QB for next week. I believe the smart thing is to promote Shurmur off the PS. Neither Henne or Moore are signed past this year, so let's look at a long term solution.

Yup, it's Shurmer.

FAX
10-19-2019, 09:50 AM
I was thinking more like ex-Generation X front man Billy Idol, "in the midnight hour, Matt Moore, Moore, Moore...with a rebel yell, she cried Moore, Moore, Moore...", which was actually released in 1983, but I digress :

Your idea is superior in every way, Mr. rabblerouser.

Billy it is. And I'll fight any undernourished drunk girl who says it isn't.

FAX

rabblerouser
10-19-2019, 09:52 AM
Your idea is superior in every way, Mr. rabblerouser.

Billy it is. And I'll fight any undernourished drunk girl who says it isn't.

FAX

As long as you don't kick her in the butt on video then lie about it to your boss...

Chris Meck
10-19-2019, 11:23 AM
I must confess; I have a weak spot for Billy Idol.

I have a super creepy southern gothic rendition of 'White Wedding' that I pull out on occasion.

rabblerouser
10-19-2019, 11:33 AM

I have a super creepy southern gothic rendition of 'White Wedding' that I pull out on occasion.

Steve Stevens is kind of a badass...

frozenchief
10-19-2019, 11:39 AM
He went to Oregon State and I read somewhere his nickname in college was “Big Beaver.”

Now, I love Wilson Pickett and Midnight Hour is a great song. But Big Beaver is an awesome nickname.

Tribal Warfare
10-19-2019, 11:50 AM
His indian name is "Runs with Whiskey"

I that it was "neck of wagging dog"

St. Patty's Fire
10-19-2019, 12:00 PM

Rebel Yell is a great fucking song and it’s been stuck in my head since I saw this thread title

NJChiefsFan
10-19-2019, 12:04 PM
I know the offense is not going to be stretching the field nearly as much but I would like to see him sneak in a few deep balls to Hill just to keep the defense honest. Hell I think those tend to be safer passes for a backup than those mid-range passes across the middle. If they just force a safety to remain back to keep an eye on hell that keeps the box a little less cluttered.

This is a spot where Watkins would really help us. We are going to need to pick up 3rd downs the hard way and I think that's more Watkins game compared to Robinson's. With Hardman being a rookie not sure how much he will gel with Moore.

Really Watkins, Kelce, and the backs will be the offense if Andy has a choice right? Some quick hitters to Hill. Maybe a deep ball here and there.

rabblerouser
10-19-2019, 12:10 PM
Rebel Yell is a great ****ing song and it’s been stuck in my head since I saw this thread title

The whole album is great. "Flesh for Fantasy", "Eyes Without A Face", "Catch My Fall", "Dead Next Door"...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebel_Yell_(album)

Idol got the idea of the album's title after attending a party with The Rolling Stones and drinking the Rebel Yell whiskey.

rabblerouser
10-19-2019, 12:12 PM
I know the offense is not going to be stretching the field nearly as much but I would like to see him sneak in a few deep balls to Hill just to keep the defense honest. Hell I think those tend to be safer passes for a backup than those mid-range passes across the middle. If they just force a safety to remain back to keep an eye on hell that keeps the box a little less cluttered.

This is a spot where Watkins would really help us. We are going to need to pick up 3rd downs the hard way and I think that's more Watkins game compared to Robinson's. With Hardman being a rookie not sure how much he will gel with Moore.

Really Watkins, Kelce, and the backs will be the offense if Andy has a choice right? Some quick hitters to Hill. Maybe a deep ball here and there.

Tyreek Hill is the best WR in football at tracking and catching and running after the catch. Look for him to be involved early and often.

St. Patty's Fire
10-19-2019, 12:13 PM
The whole album is great. "Flesh for Fantasy", "Eyes Without A Face", "Catch My Fall", "Dead Next Door"...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebel_Yell_(album)

Ya definitely a Billy Idol fan. Generation X was a great band too.

NJChiefsFan
10-19-2019, 12:14 PM
Tyreek Hill is the best WR in football at tracking and catching and running after the catch. Look for him to be involved early and often.

We definitely have the weapons to help Moore out. Andy is going to just have to keep the defenses off balance about when they are coming or deceive them a little. Cause you know the defense is going to be expecting them more.

St. Patty's Fire
10-19-2019, 12:16 PM

Thank the lord he came back before Mahomes’ injury. Imagine MOORE with Robinson and Hardman as his 1/2 wideouts? Yikes. Hill, without Mahomes, immediately becomes the focal point and I’m guessing most of the plays ran will be designed around him - whether we’re actually targeting him or not.

Would like to see Andy get back to the misdirection pre snap, I feel as though he’s gotten away from it a bit the past few weeks. Of course, there are still motions, but they don’t seem nearly as exotic as before. Though I did enjoy us lining up in one formation and then immediately switching to a completely different one against Denver. That was very old school.

FAX
10-19-2019, 12:17 PM
One of the aspects of Midnight's game that I'm most interested in is his ball-handling ability (and no, not those kind of balls).

Mis-direction is your friend. However, those plays require a steady hand and a calm demeanor. Since you guys clearly know more about Midnight than I do, perhaps someone could shed some light on this skill set?

FAX

rabblerouser
10-19-2019, 12:27 PM
One of the aspects of Midnight's game that I'm most interested in is his ball-handling ability (and no, not those kind of balls).

Mis-direction is your friend. However, those plays require a steady hand and a calm demeanor. Since you guys clearly know more about Midnight than I do, perhaps someone could shed some light on this skill set?

FAX

I remember he came to Arrowhead with the Dolphins in 2011 and straight lit our defense up, Fasano and Brandon Marshall straight killed us in that game, and Midnight was the QB. IIRC, he has touch and can throw deep, too.

rabblerouser
10-19-2019, 12:33 PM
https://www.espn.com/nfl/game?gameId=311106012

https://youtu.be/YVSiP82Z9zo

scho63
10-19-2019, 12:48 PM

Flacco did his best Matt Cassel impression. It was spot on! :D

Discuss Thrower
10-19-2019, 12:53 PM
I was so hungover for that Miami game.. no wonder I don't remember it.

Megatron96
10-19-2019, 12:58 PM
I don't know why any Planeteer would "down-vote" this dissertation, Mr. Megatron96. Have you an enemy? Are you engaged in a secret fight against the forces of evil? Did you once get drunk and bang a chick on the run from her baby daddy? If so, don't give up. That's what I always say.

I seriously doubt that Midnight has had the kind of coach that he has now. And I'm certain he's never been around this level of offensive talent.

All he has to do is execute the plays when our patented OC Relay Staff calls them out to his magic helmet and avoid trying to act the hero. If our other guys (including the run game) step up, we'll survive these tragic times.

The players will want to win for Mahomes, the coaches will want to demonstrate their chicken salad skills, and Midnight will want to let it all hang out. That's a recipe for 2 and 2 if I ever heard one.

FAX

Hahaha, pretty good.

I wish I was on the run, or was a superhero fighting the forces of evil.

Alas, I think I merely have a stalker. Or a pouty mini-me. Whatever. Not like I care how many red flags I get. Unless there's a prize at the end of the year for fewest red hands? In which case I have to immedately jump into my time machine and un-fuck that drunk chick . . .

But I digress . . .

I have no idea who Moore's OC's have been, though I'm pretty sure one of the was Adam Gase. Adam "Freaky Eyes" Gase hasn't done much to impress me during his career, except that he has a remarkable record against the Patriots in Miami in the regular season.

For whatever reason, I believe Gase is undefeated against the forces of evil when he coached in Miami against the Patriots when they played in Miami. And Moore was his QB for one of those games.

Otherwise, I completely agree with you; Moore is in exceptionally good hands here, and the team will rally around his funky ass self.

Megatron96
10-19-2019, 01:27 PM

Ah, okay, that's cool too.

I just read "Midnight Hour" and a funky little bit ran through my mind and it felt very '70s. Pictured Matt in a "Saturday Night Fever" type get up.

Chris Meck
10-19-2019, 02:02 PM
watching Moore's highlight reel there (and understanding it's a highlight reel)

I see pretty good pocket awareness, I see pretty damned good ball placement on even long throws although with nowhere near the velocity that Patrick has.

I see a guy who plays with no fear.

I think we could do a lot worse.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
10-19-2019, 02:13 PM

I see pretty good pocket awareness, I see pretty damned good ball placement on even long throws although with nowhere near the velocity that Patrick has.

He has a cannon of a arm. Fucker overthrew Tyreek by 20 yards ROFL

Naptown Chief
10-19-2019, 02:21 PM
Hahaha, pretty good.

I wish I was on the run, or was a superhero fighting the forces of evil.

Alas, I think I merely have a stalker. Or a pouty mini-me. Whatever. Not like I care how many red flags I get. Unless there's a prize at the end of the year for fewest red hands? In which case I have to immedately jump into my time machine and un-fuck that drunk chick . . .

But I digress . . .

I have no idea who Moore's OC's have been, though I'm pretty sure one of the was Adam Gase. Adam "Freaky Eyes" Gase hasn't done much to impress me during his career, [B][I]except that he has a remarkable record against the Patriots in Miami in the regular season.

For whatever reason, I believe Gase is undefeated against the forces of evil when he coached in Miami against the Patriots when they played in Miami. And Moore was his QB for one of those games.

Otherwise, I completely agree with you; Moore is in exceptionally good hands here, and the team will rally around his funky ass self.

Click user CP and scroll towards the bottom. 'Helpful Answers' will tell you who's liking/disliking your content.

Chris Meck
10-19-2019, 02:36 PM
Click user CP and scroll towards the bottom. 'Helpful Answers' will tell you who's liking/disliking your content.

it might've been me on accident. I remember trying to hit a like on a post and it was so small I hit the thumbs down.

If it wasn't that one, I owe someone else an 'oops, sorry.

Frosty
10-19-2019, 02:50 PM

As someone who watched Moore in college, the main issue with Moore is that he is very streaky. He will go through periods where he looks amazing and then go through periods where he looks dreadful. I haven't followed his pro career as closely but it looks like that trend continued.

In the Moore GIF thread, I linked to his game against USC his senior year where he just lit them up and the Beavers beat USC who were #3 at the time. In the broadcast, the announcers were talking about how Moore had been booed in the previous home game because he played so poorly and they were amazed at how poised he looked in the USC game (the Beavers started out 2-3 that year before winning 8 of 9 to finish the season, including a comeback win against Mizzou in the Sun Bowl). He as also been a bit injury prone. In the pros, it seemed like every time he had a chance to become a starter, he would get hurt and lose his job.

If we get Good Matt, we'll be fine. If we get Bad Matt, we will be fucked. However, if there is anyone that I think could bring out Good Matt consistently, it would be Reid. He has had a knack of turning chicken shit into chicken salad.

FAX
10-19-2019, 03:16 PM
What we're really looking for is Chicken Piccata. With a side of 100-yard rushing.

FAX

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-19-2019, 03:34 PM
Moore is not good. The Chiefs are in big trouble. The only saving grace is the division is not very good. 10 - 6 might win it. For that matter, the whole AFC is down, so maybe 9 - 7 gets in. On a posotive note, the Chiefs are a good road team, and if they get close to full strength down the stretch, they can go on a good run. If they make the playoffs, they can win anywhere, except N.E. Even there though, they'll have a shot.

Now don't you start with that shit, Mr. Tex. I have it on good authority that we have the coachingest coach that ever coached a coach. You just kick back and relax, sir.

I'm intrigued.

St. Patty's Fire
10-19-2019, 04:14 PM

Moore’ll be fine and we’ll be fine, debbie.

Hammock Parties
10-19-2019, 04:34 PM

He's Damon Huard.

History is about to repeat itself in more ways than one.

Megatron96
10-19-2019, 04:40 PM

Thanks. Not worried about it though.

it might've been me on accident. I remember trying to hit a like on a post and it was so small I hit the thumbs down.

If it wasn't that one, I owe someone else an 'oops, sorry.

If it was you, no worries. Not like I care about red or green flags.

I noticed recently that's it's happened more than a half dozen times in the last couple weeks on various threads I've posted on. It started after I neg repped a guy for being an insufferable petulant child. No need to embarrass him further by dropping his handle here, but after that incident, someone's been red-handing a lot of my posts. Eventually he'll probably grow up and let it go. If not, well I've had worse.

Megatron96
10-19-2019, 04:42 PM
What we're really looking for is Chicken Piccata. With a side of 100-yard rushing.

FAX

I make a mean chicken piccata.

gblowfish
10-19-2019, 04:55 PM
If I remember correctly, George, Haley actually won a game with Tyler Palko at QB. Better success than he had with Brodie Croyle. So, let's hope Moore's not as bad as Croyle.

Palko was 1-3 in two season in starts for the Chiefs. His only win was on a fluke hail mary pass to Dexter McCleon to upset the Bears.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
10-19-2019, 05:11 PM
Palko was 1-3 in two season in starts for the Chiefs. His only win was on a fluke hail mary pass to Dexter McCleon to upset the Bears.

Which still leaves Croyle as the only Chiefs QB to have won zero games as a starter.

I'm not even sure he played in a game that we won (besides sitting on the bench).

Wow.

rabblerouser
10-19-2019, 05:13 PM

We almost beat the Steelers on a Sunday Night with Palko, IIRC the refs totally screwed us over on that one...

pugsnotdrugs19
10-19-2019, 05:15 PM
I always thought Moore was better than Henne.

rabblerouser
10-19-2019, 05:17 PM
I always thought Moore was better than Henne.

Didn't he replace Henne in Miami?

RINGLEADER
10-19-2019, 05:24 PM
Not a fan of Moore but he’s our guy, there won’t be anyone else coming in to save the day so I’m 100% behind him until Pat’s back. Hopefully, with our weapons, he’ll find enough success to beat two of the next four, Pat can rest his kneecap and ankle, and we’ll be no worse than 7-4 when Pat returns.

Go kick some ass Matt...

pugsnotdrugs19
10-19-2019, 05:29 PM

I just did the same exercise and agree.

He’s tough as nails and not afraid to throw it downfield.

My guess is that with Andy Reid and a slew of dynamic weapons, we will squeeze out a couple wins so long as the defense isn’t complete AIDS.

Naptown Chief
10-19-2019, 05:36 PM
Thanks. Not worried about it though.

If it was you, no worries. Not like I care about red or green flags.

I noticed recently that's it's happened more than a half dozen times in the last couple weeks on various threads I've posted on. It started after I neg repped a guy for being an insufferable petulant child. No need to embarrass him further by dropping his handle here, but after that incident, someone's been red-handing a lot of my posts. Eventually he'll probably grow up and let it go. If not, well I've had worse.

You could always stab them with an ice pick?

Megatron96
10-19-2019, 05:37 PM
You could always stab them with an ice pick?

Hahaha. That could be my new nickname. "Ice Pick."

Easy 6
10-19-2019, 05:41 PM
I whipped both Green Bay AND the Vikings last night with Henne in at QB on Madden

Sooo yeah, we can do this I’d swear on it...

pugsnotdrugs19
10-19-2019, 05:43 PM
Man if Adams is out for GB, I’d straight up pick the Chiefs. He’s a big difference maker in that matchup..

He’s the only WR/TE that scares you really on that roster.

rabblerouser
10-19-2019, 05:44 PM
I whipped both Green Bay AND the Vikings last night with Henne in at QB on Madden

Sooo yeah, we can do this I’d swear on it...

did you have it on "Rookie" or "Madden" setting?

These things matter.

rabblerouser
10-19-2019, 05:45 PM
You could always stab yourself with an ice pick?

Fixed your post.

Megatron96
10-19-2019, 05:48 PM
Man if Adams is out for GB, I’d straight up pick the Chiefs. He’s a big difference maker in that matchup..

He’s the only WR/TE that scares you really on that roster.

Their RB is for real. He's the guy that really worries me if anyone. We need our front-7 to hold that guy down. If they play anything like they did on Thursday, I'll take my chances with our secondary. They've been playing pretty good of late. If Ward can play the way he's been playing against the likes of Hopkins and Fuller, I'm not going to worry so much about Adams. Plus, Adams has turf toe and that shite doesn't go away in just two weeks. He's not going to be 100% himself for awhile.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
10-19-2019, 05:51 PM
I worry if we don’t pressure Rodgers will have all day to throw and you know Breeland is just waiting to have a flag called on him

Megatron96
10-19-2019, 05:52 PM
I worry if we don’t pressure Rodgers will have all day to throw and you know Breeland is just waiting to have a flag called on him

A legitimate worry

Easy 6
10-19-2019, 05:52 PM
did you have it on "Rookie" or "Madden" setting?

These things matter.

Pro setting for now

I like to win sometimes, still shaking the rust off

pugsnotdrugs19
10-19-2019, 06:04 PM
Pro setting for now

The thing that frustrates me about the game, regardless of level, is I try to call plays offensively and defensively in a realistic manner, with expectations that things will play out as they do in real life.

For example, when I see a 2x2 formation from the opposing offense, I prefer cover 2/4 looks, but I swear it means nothing in Madden. In fact, you’re almost better off playing single high looks because the safeties all squeeze on seam routes like Ed Reed. And that doesn’t even begin to describe my frustration with cheese plays.

Not to get off subject... carry on. :)

rabblerouser
10-19-2019, 06:25 PM
Pro setting for now

Fair.

Easy 6
10-19-2019, 06:41 PM
The thing that frustrates me about the game, regardless of level, is I try to call plays offensively and defensively in a realistic manner, with expectations that things will play out as they do in real life.

For example, when I see a 2x2 formation from the opposing offense, I prefer cover 2/4 looks, but I swear it means nothing in Madden. In fact, you’re almost better off playing single high looks because the safeties all squeeze on seam routes like Ed Reed. And that doesn’t even begin to describe my frustration with cheese plays.

Coaches suggestion on first down, everything else is mine... usually

I like being a scheme killing freelancer on defense at times... sometimes that LB or Safety is NOT going back to his zone

gblowfish
10-19-2019, 07:10 PM
Which still leaves Croyle as the only Chiefs QB to have won zero games as a starter.

I'm not even sure he played in a game that we won (besides sitting on the bench).

Wow.

They didn't call him "Brokie" for nuthin!

St. Patty's Fire
10-19-2019, 07:33 PM

just play all pro football 2k8 man

10x better than Madden

kccrow
10-19-2019, 09:09 PM
I still have flashbacks to the chick in Idol's Cradle of Love vid....

rabblerouser
10-19-2019, 09:20 PM
I still have flashbacks to the chick in Idol's Cradle of Love vid....

Oh my, yes.

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-MxUEXAn3bd0/V6VewF2cEiI/AAAAAAAA4zk/BOwZGK59SoIgGdUElzGwUnKNGPbMc-XkACLcB/s400/tumblr_mh6stfj8t21qbmkzjo3_250.gif

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
10-19-2019, 09:34 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;He gets the call from Andy Reid the day after Chad Henne gets injured.&quot; ��<a href="https://twitter.com/TomPelissero?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@TomPelissero</a> walks through Matt Moore&#39;s journey to the <a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Chiefs</a>&#39; roster this season ��<br><br>��: <a href="https://twitter.com/gmfb?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@gmfb</a> Weekend <a href="https://t.co/fqmJD2hXJP">pic.twitter.com/fqmJD2hXJP</a></p>&mdash; NFL Network (@nflnetwork) <a href="https://twitter.com/nflnetwork/status/1185760187182923777?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 20, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

rabblerouser
10-21-2019, 03:01 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;He gets the call from Andy Reid the day after Chad Henne gets injured.&quot; ��<a href="https://twitter.com/TomPelissero?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@TomPelissero</a> walks through Matt Moore&#39;s journey to the <a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Chiefs</a>&#39; roster this season ��<br><br>��: <a href="https://twitter.com/gmfb?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@gmfb</a> Weekend <a href="https://t.co/fqmJD2hXJP">pic.twitter.com/fqmJD2hXJP</a></p>&mdash; NFL Network (@nflnetwork) <a href="https://twitter.com/nflnetwork/status/1185760187182923777?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 20, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Did Henne stab himself with an ice pick?

Munson
10-21-2019, 06:22 PM
https://i.redd.it/gkzrnpmh3tt31.jpg

MahiMike
10-21-2019, 08:39 PM
Gary Moore will make the Packers sing the blues.

Graystoke
10-21-2019, 08:53 PM
I had this whole Roxy Music covering Wilson Picket going through my mind.
Must be the rocking mustache

https://media.timeout.com/images/101211459/630/472/image.jpg

ClarkGriswold
10-21-2019, 09:28 PM

Or how about Brodie Croyle..What a gem he was.

ClarkGriswold
10-21-2019, 09:31 PM

I think Breeland carries his own flag to throw for his own penalties.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-21-2019, 09:45 PM
The only marginally decent thing to come from this shitty injury is Clark learning very quickly who the fan base supports more if and when it comes down to Reid or Mahomes.

rabblerouser
10-26-2019, 10:11 PM
Hope that Midnight is lubing his cock up nice and greasy for the Pack...