PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I stabbed my leg with a ice pick at work yesternight

Mahomes_Is_God
10-19-2019, 01:13 AM
It was completely accidental. I was digging some carbide out of a steel part I was working on (I'm a CNC machinist) when my hand slipped and the pick I was using went into my right thigh, just above the knee. It didn't hurt too bad at first, but after a couple hours the pain was excruciating and now I can barely walk. I take this as a sign from god, he is showing me what Mahomes is going through. Also, I believe, that this was god's plan to sap strength from my own leg and to transfer it directly into Mahomes' knee. It has to be, there's no other explanation. What are the odds that I accidently stab my own leg with a ice pick (very close to the knee, btw) the day after Mahomes dislocates his knee? This is divine intervention. The good lord is healing our QB's knee so he can beat Brady in the AFCCG. I'm not making this up, god wants us to win brothers!

Bump
10-19-2019, 01:22 AM
now you are going to be required to wear knee pads while using the ice pick (and everyone else that works there).

Mahomes_Is_God
10-19-2019, 01:22 AM
Also I should probably get checked out for tetanus cuz this shit don't feel right.

Mephistopheles Janx
10-19-2019, 01:23 AM
You realize that you are only supposed to take 1, maybe 2, pain pills max... right?

FAX
10-19-2019, 01:25 AM
Good to know you missed your eye socket.

Vision is one of a QB's greatest assets.

FAX

BlackOp
10-19-2019, 01:25 AM
We are all part of the same thing...unless you sacrifice infants and drink their blood. That action is diametrically opposed to universal harmony...and why reptiles like Kraft do it. Anti-harmony....

It works on the material plane in the short-term...but they ultimately pay and are condemned to a reconstituted eternity as a dung-beetle...but with full consciousness of what they are.

pro-tip

FAX
10-19-2019, 01:29 AM
The difficult part to justify is that 3-dimensional matter is almost entirely composed of empty space. It's something like 99.999% empty space ... a little more, actually.

Next time, icepick 'em where they ain't.

FAX

Mahomes_Is_God
10-19-2019, 01:31 AM
You realize that you are only supposed to take 1, maybe 2, pain pills max... right? Oh god what I wouldn't give for some of those right now. The alcohol ain't doin nothin. Still in agony. The pick must have went into the muscle quite a ways.

BlackOp
10-19-2019, 01:36 AM
Oh god what I wouldn't give for some of those right now. The alcohol ain't doin nothin. Still in agony. The pick must have went into the muscle quite a ways.

I'm assuming you went to a doctor? Puncture wound are dangerous...very prone to infection.

Mahomes_Is_God
10-19-2019, 01:38 AM
I'm assuming you went to a doctor? Puncture wound are dangerous...very prone to infection. They're not open yet. I work 2nd shift and it happened at night. I'm probably gonna go today if it keeps feeling like this.

Chiefs4TheWin
10-19-2019, 01:41 AM
It's as if a thousand thread starting privileges cried out all at once, and suddenly, Silence.

Mephistopheles Janx
10-19-2019, 01:41 AM
They're not open yet. I work 2nd shift and it happened at night. I'm probably gonna go today if it keeps feeling like this.

Dude... minor emergency medical centers are open 24/7 in most bigger cities. Can't speak for Ethiopia though.

If you have insurance and an open minor emergency center nearby you should pack up and head out now. Puncture wound infections are nothing to fuck with unless you don't value your ability to walk.

BlackOp
10-19-2019, 01:42 AM
They're not open yet. I work 2nd shift and it happened at night. I'm probably gonna go today if it keeps feeling like this.

Yeah..dont hold off on that shit.

I usually wont take antibiotics...but you probably need them if it was deep.

Chiefs4TheWin
10-19-2019, 01:46 AM
Also this may turn into a hall of classics thread. So hello people of 2025

Mahomes_Is_God
10-19-2019, 01:48 AM
I don't really have anyone to drive me right now. I'm pretty confident it's not infected. It doesn't hurt as long as I don't bend the leg. As long as the muscle isn't flexing it feels okay, but the second I do it's hell. I'll go in a few hours here, I don't think I can drive myself.

CasselGotPeedOn
10-19-2019, 01:53 AM
We are all part of the same thing...unless you sacrifice infants and drink their blood. That action is diametrically opposed to universal harmony...and why reptiles like Kraft do it. Anti-harmony....

It works on the material plane in the short-term...but they ultimately pay and are condemned to a reconstituted eternity as a dung-beetle...but with full consciousness of what they are.

pro-tip

https://i.giphy.com/media/wOXQvz3FwajVm/giphy.webp

Mephistopheles Janx
10-19-2019, 01:59 AM
I don't really have anyone to drive me right now. I'm pretty confident it's not infected. It doesn't hurt as long as I don't bend the leg. As long as the muscle isn't flexing it feels okay, but the second I do it's hell. I'll go in a few hours here, I don't think I can drive myself.

Ethiopia doesn't have Uber?

Keep the wound clean, antiseptic, and dress it at the very least.

Chiefs4TheWin
10-19-2019, 02:01 AM
OP.. did you used to mow peoples lawns a few years ago? Out of sheer Badgirl curiosity.

Megatron96
10-19-2019, 02:13 AM
It was completely accidental. I was digging some carbide out of a steel part I was working on (I'm a CNC machinist) when my hand slipped and the pick I was using went into my right thigh, just above the knee. It didn't hurt too bad at first, but after a couple hours the pain was excruciating and now I can barely walk. I take this as a sign from god, he is showing me what Mahomes is going through. Also, I believe, that this was god's plan to sap strength from my own leg and to transfer it directly into Mahomes' knee. It has to be, there's no other explanation. What are the odds that I accidently stab my own leg with a ice pick (very close to the knee, btw) the day after Mahomes dislocates his knee? This is divine intervention. The good lord is healing our QB's knee so he can beat Brady in the AFCCG. I'm not making this up, god wants us to win brothers!

Ah, I didn't read the rest of the thread; if you went into the meat of your leg, you probably need to see a doctor, like ASAP. You get an infection/sepsis or whatever and things can go very badly for you very fast. Like amputation bad.

eDave
10-19-2019, 02:24 AM
Yea, don't mess with puncture wounds. Blood (and germs) can't get out. Then you will die.

Get some antibiotics in there dude.

Chargem
10-19-2019, 03:03 AM
Would you describe yourself as day to day, or week to week?

bigjosh
10-19-2019, 05:21 AM
What kind of machinist uses a fucking ice pick?

rabblerouser
10-19-2019, 05:24 AM
What kind of machinist uses a ****ing ice pick?

Fucking dumb ones that stab themselves.

rabblerouser
10-19-2019, 05:26 AM

HE GOOD!

MVChiefFan
10-19-2019, 05:59 AM
Don’t you stick that ice pick in your leg Ricky Bobby!

TwistedChief
10-19-2019, 06:10 AM
When people on CP tell you to kill yourself, most of us don't typically attempt to do so.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-19-2019, 06:12 AM
I messed up my knee 3 weeks ago (9/27) .I'm guessing a torn meniscus. I waited until last week to go to a doctor. They won't do an MRI until I've had an xray and physical therapy. I asked my wife why Mahomes gets to have an MRI right away and I have to wait. She just looked at me like I'm dumb er somethin.

I got the xray done and I'm heading for Lake Texoma tomorrow for my version of physical therapy.

KurtCobain
10-19-2019, 06:19 AM
When people on CP tell you to kill yourself, most of us don't typically attempt to do so.

Speak for yourself.

neech
10-19-2019, 06:38 AM
Was it your right knee that you stabbed because if it's your left the trick won't work.

stevieray
10-19-2019, 06:45 AM
Also, I believe, that this was god's plan to sap strength from my own leg and to transfer it directly into Mahomes' knee. !

Were you drunk when you wrote this?

Dante84
10-19-2019, 06:57 AM
Go to the fucking doctor and get some antibiotics.

Alex Smith had 17 surgeries, the majority of which were for infection repair and removal of dead/dying tissue.

displacedinMN
10-19-2019, 07:02 AM
Worthless without pictures?

rabblerouser
10-19-2019, 07:22 AM
Don’t you stick that ice pick in your leg Ricky Bobby!

https://comicbookandbeyond.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Ricky-Bobby-popular-quotes.jpg

gblowfish
10-19-2019, 07:26 AM
That's a big owie!

Scooter LaCanforno
10-19-2019, 07:26 AM
So... this happens at work and you don't report it to management. This is a workmans comp claim. All costs of medical bills , travel, drugs and time off are covered by the Comp. Contact your work and report this ASAP.

Naptown Chief
10-19-2019, 08:15 AM
So... this happens at work and you don't report it to management. This is a workmans comp claim. All costs of medical bills , travel, drugs and time off are covered by the Comp. Contact your work and report this ASAP.

Does Ethiopia have worker's comp though?

Bugeater
10-19-2019, 08:36 AM
Stab yourself in the brain next time.

HemiEd
10-19-2019, 08:54 AM
I messed up my knee 3 weeks ago (9/27) .I'm guessing a torn meniscus. I waited until last week to go to a doctor. They won't do an MRI until I've had an xray and physical therapy. I asked my wife why Mahomes gets to have an MRI right away and I have to wait. She just looked at me like I'm dumb er somethin.

I got the xray done and I'm heading for Lake Texoma tomorrow for my version of physical therapy..

I just went through all of that and had the meniscus surgery on Wednesday. I think it was 9 Dr. visits!
Just went outside walking around for the first time, picked some figs and fed the birds. It is so nice to walk pain free!

burt
10-19-2019, 09:11 AM
Mahomes gets to have an MRI right away and I have to wait.

I've been waiting for my MRI for about a month. Next Tuesday!!! Then my surgeon is on vaca....so I get to know the action plan on Nov. 4th. I HATE hurry up and wait!

Fat Elvis
10-19-2019, 09:16 AM
I was digging some carbide out of a steel part I was working on (I'm a CNC machinist) when my hand slipped and the pick I was using went into my right thigh, just above the knee.

Using an ice pick to dig out carbide? Oh, I'm sure that was sterile....

You need to see a doctor ASAP, otherwise we might be calling you "Hopalong" after they chop off your infected leg.

chinaski
10-19-2019, 09:43 AM
Intelligent move seeking advice from the medical experts at Chiefs Planet before seeing an actual Doctor regarding your stab wound. :thumb:

stumppy
10-19-2019, 09:55 AM
Using an ice pick to dig out carbide? Oh, I'm sure that was sterile....

You need to see a doctor ASAP, otherwise we might be calling you "Hopalong" after they chop off your infected leg.

Hopefully he kept it oiled real good so it wouldn't rust.LMAO

How deep was it buried in your leg? 1in.? 2? 3?

YontsRBake
10-19-2019, 10:19 AM
Sacrificing your knee to the Pagan Gods so that our kings knee can be reborn. Thank you for your service.

Mephistopheles Janx
10-19-2019, 11:09 AM
I'm somewhat concerned this mother fucker logged off last night and didn't check back in in the morning.

stumppy
10-19-2019, 11:29 AM
I'm somewhat concerned this mother fucker logged off last night and didn't check back in in the morning.

He lives in Ethiopia, what could have gone wrong?:evil:

Shiver Me Timbers
10-19-2019, 11:42 AM
Some of you all are a bit harsh
Oh wait this is the planet
Carry on

dlphg9
10-19-2019, 11:59 AM
A little too far south of your throat. Aim higher next time and go just an inch or so below your the middle of your chin and and 1.5-2.0 inches to the right or left of that point.

dlphg9
10-19-2019, 12:05 PM

Its not infected yet. When was your last tetanus shot? With how you're treating this I'm willing to bet it's been over 10 years, so go get a tetanus shot and have some professionals clean that hole out. Like someone else said it's also a workmans comp claim, I'm not sure how they allow people to file for workmans comp when they somehow stab themselves in the leg with an icepick, but that's not my concern. You report it asap, unless you are on any drugs that are illegal or you don't have a script for. If you test positive for something youre not supposed to have then you'll get fired.

So now that I know the actual reason why you haven't went to the hospital, how about you tell me what your drug of choice is and how much you pay for it? I'm positive that's the reason you're waiting out going to the hospital. Trying to cleanse yourself lol.

dlphg9
10-19-2019, 12:06 PM
I'm positive this guy is on drugs (NTTAWWT). Well I mean his employer probably thinks there's something WWT, but I don't care.

CrazyPhuD
10-19-2019, 12:08 PM
I suspect this thread will end like a one legged man in an ass kicking contest.

jdubya
10-19-2019, 01:44 PM
It's as if a thousand thread starting privileges cried out all at once, and suddenly, Silence.

Best reply Ive read all day. Nice!

lewdog
10-19-2019, 01:47 PM
Being Sub 70 has its drawbacks.

seclark
10-19-2019, 03:02 PM
Anybody know where a guy can find a used ice pick?
Sec

TLO
10-19-2019, 03:03 PM
So did this guy die or what?

CrazyPhuD
10-19-2019, 03:08 PM
So did this guy die or what?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/Jdf5EXo6I68?controls=0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-19-2019, 03:10 PM
Anybody know where a guy can find a used ice pick?
Sec

Mahomes IS God has one thats a Unicorn

TLO
10-19-2019, 04:21 PM
Well it shows he's online. Hopefully he gives us an update!

Naptown Chief
10-19-2019, 04:23 PM
You alive fren?

Mahomes_Is_God
10-19-2019, 04:41 PM
I'm okay. Doc gave me some antibiotics, leg hasn't fell of yet. Still hurts like hell though!

gblowfish
10-19-2019, 04:56 PM
I picked my nose till it bled today. And got a flu shot. Busy day.

stevieray
10-19-2019, 09:08 PM
Lake Texoma

Jealous..was down there about 6 weeks ago.

dlphg9
10-19-2019, 09:13 PM
I'm okay. Doc gave me some antibiotics, leg hasn't fell of yet. Still hurts like hell though!

No pain pills? You weren't screaming loud enough.

rabblerouser
10-19-2019, 09:26 PM
Mahomes IS God has one thats a Unicorn

Ywah, but has he farted on it?

scho63
10-20-2019, 07:05 AM
Look on the brightside, you didn't ice pick your balls or prick. :thumb:

Passepartout
10-20-2019, 07:06 AM
So sorry hope you heal well. Hope you can get some help.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-20-2019, 02:14 PM
Jealous..was down there about 6 weeks ago.

Which side of Texoma do you fish?? I was to leave today but now tomorrow.

T-post Tom
10-20-2019, 02:28 PM
Worthless w/o pics. :D

TwistedChief
10-20-2019, 03:19 PM
I picked my nose till it bled today. And got a flu shot. Busy day.

UChieffyBugger, MahomesIsGod, and Ubeja all feel this is deserving of its own thread.

Jewish Rabbi
10-20-2019, 03:27 PM
UChieffyBugger, MahomesIsGod, and Ubeja all feel this is deserving of its own thread.

Don’t forget JakeF

seclark
10-20-2019, 04:52 PM
Worthless w/o pics. :D

Underrated post
Sec