PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Today was perfect for the Chiefs

pugsnotdrugs19
10-20-2019, 05:24 PM
Hear me out....

First off, a 2 game lead in the West feels very comfy right now. 3 games on LA.

We have a realistic shot at 11-5.

IF we get there, and the AFC South winner (Colts or Texans) is also 11-5, they’ll have the tiebreaker on us...

So we will need someone else (Baltimore) to also get to 11-5 in order to create a three-way tie for the 2 seed. In which case it will go to conference record. Their win today helps that cause for the time being. Our next two of course are against the NFC...

Thinking a bit far ahead here, but I really want that bye... not overly concerned about winning the West.

BossChief
10-20-2019, 05:33 PM
I just want this team to go into the playoffs healthy. That’s all.

If we’re healthy, we can run the table in the postseason.

New World Order
10-20-2019, 05:34 PM

Yeah, I don't care if we're the 6th seed.

Just want Fisher, Mahomes, Sammy, and Jones healthy and ready.

Jerok
10-20-2019, 05:36 PM
Let's win 1 of the next 2 and see what happens.

Hammock Parties
10-20-2019, 05:37 PM
NE could very well lose at home in their first game anyway.

We'll be fine.

New World Order
10-20-2019, 05:37 PM

We'll be fine.

If we're the 4th seed we'll probably play them in the Divisional.

TwistedChief
10-20-2019, 05:40 PM
If we're the 4th seed we'll probably play them in the Divisional.

We're likely going through New England at some point anyway.

pugsnotdrugs19
10-20-2019, 05:41 PM

The easiest path to being healthy is by earning a bye. Even then, teams are likely to be without a key contributor or two.

New World Order
10-20-2019, 05:43 PM

I don't mind.

Let's do it. Not scared of anyone as long as we're healthy.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
Matty Ice 2.0 will put the NFL in notice Sunday night!!

Buehler445

This. Strap up and embarrass whoever we get

wazu
10-20-2019, 05:45 PM
Chiefs just need to get healthy, win the West, and let the rest of the league do whatever it does. We can go on the road with this team and win.

Red Dawg
10-20-2019, 05:48 PM
For us to win the next two games Andy will have game plan his ass off and the defense will have to look like they did Thursday.

Anything shirt of that and we will lose both. I think 1-1. I hope anyway.

pugsnotdrugs19
10-20-2019, 05:48 PM
Going to NE doesn’t scare me. We will do that in December and get acclimated to that properly.

I just want the bye for health purposes really.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
10-20-2019, 05:51 PM
Hopefully Watkins is back this week

Megatron96
10-20-2019, 05:52 PM
There's a fair chance that we lose the next two, but win the following two. Should still be in first in the West.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
10-20-2019, 05:54 PM
Only thing that would make this day better is the Cowboys losing

TLO
10-20-2019, 05:55 PM
There's a fair chance that we lose the next two, but win the following two. Should still be in first in the West.

I'm not ready to give up on winning the next two. The Packers have flaws. I don't know enough about the Vikings yet, need to do some film study on them.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
10-20-2019, 05:57 PM
I'm not ready to give up on winning the next two. The Packers have flaws. I don't know enough about the Vikings yet, need to do some film study on them.

Vikings are legit. It all depends on what kind of game Cousins has. Cook is the NfLs leading rusher

Hammock Parties
10-20-2019, 05:58 PM
Just three weeks ago people here were saying we'd miss the playoffs.

Currently the two seed. LMAO

RaidersOftheCellar
10-20-2019, 05:59 PM
Hear me out....

First off, a 2 game lead in the West feels very comfy right now. 3 games on LA.

We have a realistic shot at 11-5.

IF we get there, and the AFC South winner (Colts or Texans) is also 11-5, they’ll have the tiebreaker on us...

So we will need someone else (Baltimore) to also get to 11-5 in order to create a three-way tie for the 2 seed. In which case it will go to conference record. Their win today helps that cause for the time being. Our next two of course are against the NFC...

Thinking a bit far ahead here, but I really want that bye... not overly concerned about winning the West.

Wish I felt as comfortable as you after two home losses and a month without Mahomes.

wazu
10-20-2019, 06:00 PM

Don't remember ever thinking we'd miss the playoffs, but I'd be pleasantly surprised if we are able to hold onto the 2 seed while weathering 4+ games with Moore at QB.

eDave
10-20-2019, 06:01 PM

I don't remember anybody saying that.

RaidersOftheCellar
10-20-2019, 06:01 PM

More like a week ago.

And that was pre-Mahomes injury. Post-injury, no one thinks we’ll miss the playoffs.

Strange indeed.

gblowfish
10-20-2019, 06:02 PM
I hope Rodgers used up all his mojo against the Faid today.

Megatron96
10-20-2019, 06:03 PM

Not giving up; in fact, of the two I think the Chiefs have a fair chance of stealing one against the Pack. But Aaron is Aaron, and if we let him hang around until the 4th, he can bite us in the ass. But their defense isn't as good as advertised, particularly against the run, and if Carr can throw for 300 yards on them, I think Moore can do some business in the air as well.

But the Vikings defense is legit. And as much as I think Cousins is vastly overrated, he's on a hot streak. And their RB and Diggs are both legitimate stars. Without Mahomes, I'm not sure how we score enough points on those guys.

Bottom line though, both of these two teams can put up points in a hurry, and right now without Pat we're going to score more like the Raiders or the Lions: short plays, work down the field, hope for TDs, but come away with FGs at least half the time. Probably more like 1/3 or so.

Jewish Rabbi
10-20-2019, 06:06 PM

There was a thread about it on the front page.

kcclone
10-20-2019, 06:08 PM
I think we’ll split the next two which will be great.

Hammock Parties
10-20-2019, 06:08 PM

Short memory.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
10-20-2019, 06:13 PM
Why does everyone doubt Matty Ice 2.0? He’s gonna tear it up Sunday night on the national stage!!

Wallcrawler
10-20-2019, 06:48 PM

Enjoy. Pretty hilarious.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=325889

Chris Meck
10-20-2019, 06:52 PM
I think we'll go 2-1 in Mahomes' absence.

I think the defense has turned the corner. I don't think they'll get 9 sacks every game and keep opponents to 70 yards rushing, but I think we'll see a solid defensive effort week in and week out now. They've seen the light, they're learning to trust each other to make plays.

I think Matt Moore is a perfectly capable game manager and we'll score enough. I think Andy will put him in the best possible situation.

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-20-2019, 06:54 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">AFC West Standings with next 3 games <br><br>Chiefs (5-2): GB, MIN, at TEN <br><br>Raiders (3-3): at HOU, DET, LAC<br><br>Broncos (2-5): at IND, CLE, BYE<br><br>Chargers (2-5): at CHI, GB, at OAK</p>&mdash; Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jacobs71/status/1186082449408831488?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 21, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

MahiMike
10-20-2019, 06:55 PM

We'll be fine.

That's been my prediction all year. Baltimore matches up well w/them. Then we take out Baltimore.

Megatron96
10-20-2019, 06:58 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">AFC West Standings with next 3 games <br><br>Chiefs (5-2): GB, MIN, at TEN <br><br>Raiders (3-3): at HOU, DET, LAC<br><br>Broncos (2-5): at IND, CLE, BYE<br><br>Chargers (2-5): at CHI, GB, at OAK</p>&mdash; Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jacobs71/status/1186082449408831488?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 21, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Raiders should win at least one of the next three.

Don't see how either the Broncos or the Chargers win any games over the next three.

eDave
10-20-2019, 06:58 PM
Short memory.

Enjoy. Pretty hilarious.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=325889

Yup, missed that whole thing. I stand corrected. :)

Their wives can do better.

Deberg_1990
10-20-2019, 07:00 PM

We'll be fine.

If New England gets into close games, they are going to have issues in their kicking game.

TEX
10-20-2019, 07:02 PM
The Chargers keep inventing new ways to lose. LMAO

ptlyon
10-20-2019, 07:03 PM
If New England gets until close games, they are going to have issues in their kicking game.

Eloquently said

scho63
10-21-2019, 08:10 AM

What else is new.....:doh!:

Strongside
10-21-2019, 08:19 AM

Broncos will find a way to lose during the bye week.

scho63
10-21-2019, 09:02 AM
Matty Ice 2.0 will put the NFL in notice Sunday night!!

I DO NOT want Matt Moore associated with that loser Matty ICE COLD Ryan!!! :doh!:

He be better off being compared to Matt Blundin or god forbid me for saying it, Matt Cassel :LOL:

chiefzilla1501
10-21-2019, 09:10 AM
Good chance Oakland loses to 1 or both Houston and Detroit. So basically if we get 2 good outcomes in the next THREE weeks (kc win, Oakland loss) we can hold mahomes out until after the bye week. Pretty confident that will happen. I think Oakland losing makes it clear we're not bringing mahomes back for Tennessee.

TEX
10-21-2019, 09:14 AM
I DO NOT want Matt Moore associated with that loser Matty ICE COLD Ryan!!! :doh!:

He be better off being compared to Matt Blundin or god forbid me for saying it, Matt Cassel :LOL:

Exactly. Let's stick with "Midnight."

O.city
10-21-2019, 09:16 AM
Good chance Oakland loses to 1 or both Houston and Detroit. So basically if we get 2 good outcomes in the next THREE weeks (kc win, Oakland loss) we can hold mahomes out until after the bye week. Pretty confident that will happen. I think Oakland losing makes it clear we're not bringing mahomes back for Tennessee.

The division isn't the issue.

It's getting one of the top 2 seeds and getting a bye.

chiefzilla1501
10-21-2019, 09:20 AM
The division isn't the issue.

It's getting one of the top 2 seeds and getting a bye.

I disagree. To me, the #1 objective is getting to the playoffs with the best version of mahomes. Id rather have the play-in round with Mahomes at 90% then get a bye week with Mahomes at 75%. The doctors may clear him with a brace but that is not ideal and the faster he comes back the higher the risk of reinjury if he ignores surgery.

O.city
10-21-2019, 09:26 AM
I disagree. To me, the #1 objective is getting to the playoffs with the best version of mahomes. Id rather have the play-in round with Mahomes at 90% then get a bye week with Mahomes at 75%. The doctors may clear him with a brace but that is not ideal and the faster he comes back the higher the risk of reinjury if he ignores surgery.

They're getting ready to give him 200 million dollars. They aren't running him back out there before he's good and ready.

It's just damn hard to win 3 straight. Getting the 2 seed would be big in that it would allow you to get rested, get a home game and have a good team likely go into Foxboro in the divisional round.

O.city
10-21-2019, 09:29 AM
The Colts and Texans don't have the hardest of schedules, so it may be out of our hands anyway, but I still think you get to 12 wins and you are assured a bye.

Dayze
10-21-2019, 09:29 AM
NE should drop a couple as they continue this season and play their gauntlet of AFCE oppoenents.

SuperBowl4
10-21-2019, 09:37 AM

We'll be fine.why? Because of the uncomfortable truth that Tom brady is fading?ROFL

MahiMike
10-21-2019, 09:40 AM
I picked the Colts to win their division and yesterday as well but I didn't know they were this good. That team is the most complete next to NE.

treeguy27
10-21-2019, 09:40 AM

What do you mean "if he ignores surgery"? There is nothing to do surgery on. He has no ligament damage at all. You think they should just cut his knee open and look around? These medical takes crack me up. Posters saying "I don't want him playing until after the bye" His doctors know more than anyone about his specific injury. He'll play when it's safe to do so, not before and not longer than needed just to be safe.

TEX
10-21-2019, 09:45 AM
I picked the Colts to win their division and yesterday as well but I didn't know they were this good. That team is the most complete next to NE.

Yep. I live in Houston, and I've been taking shit for picking the Colts to win the AFC South, and of course because the Texans beat the Chiefs in KC, but today no shit has been slung my way. ;)

philfree
10-21-2019, 09:56 AM
Chiefs fans have waited over half a century to field their own Franchise Super Star QB and I can't imagine not playing it safe with that guy.

chiefzilla1501
10-21-2019, 10:03 AM
What do you mean "if he ignores surgery"? There is nothing to do surgery on. He has no ligament damage at all. You think they should just cut his knee open and look around? These medical takes crack me up. Posters saying "I don't want him playing until after the bye" His doctors know more than anyone about his specific injury. He'll play when it's safe to do so, not before and not longer than needed just to be safe.

I'm not a doctor. But the general consensus seems to be that going non surgical creates decent risk of reinjury with a much lower risk the longer he heals it. Surgery basically makes reinjury unlikely and it doesn't sound like surgery has to be immediate for risk of long term damage, but it is recommended at some point. Just because he can come back quicker doesn't mean it's the best idea.

htismaqe
10-21-2019, 10:18 AM
I'm not a doctor. But the general consensus seems to be that going non surgical creates decent risk of reinjury with a much lower risk the longer he heals it. Surgery basically makes reinjury unlikely and it doesn't sound like surgery has to be immediate for risk of long term damage, but it is recommended at some point. Just because he can come back quicker doesn't mean it's the best idea.

Surgery? On what? There's zero damage, there's nothing to repair.

treeguy27
10-21-2019, 12:15 PM

Thank God for that.

Surgery is an option when there is ligament damage. Mahomes has no damage whatsoever. There is literally nothing to fix in there.

chiefzilla1501
10-21-2019, 12:28 PM
Thank God for that.

Surgery is an option when there is ligament damage. Mahomes has no damage whatsoever. There is literally nothing to fix in there.

I trust Aaron borgman on Twitter who knows the Chiefs and has been on their sidelines when he says most players who have had a similar injury eventually go to surgery.

chiefzilla1501
10-21-2019, 12:30 PM
Surgery? On what? There's zero damage, there's nothing to repair.

Only from what I'm reading but it sure sounds to me like reinjury risk is very significantly lower with surgery. Haven't seen much that says it has to happen right away or that that means he can't play through a brace until that time.

BlackHelicopters
10-21-2019, 12:30 PM
We got this.