PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Fisher and Watkins are day to day

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-21-2019, 11:01 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Andy Reid said Andrew Wylie&#39; sprained ankle is getting better. He also said Eric Fisher, Chris Jones &amp; Sammy Watkins are considered day-to-day.</p>&mdash; Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) <a href="https://twitter.com/ByNateTaylor/status/1186326450514878465?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 21, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

O.city
10-21-2019, 11:02 AM
Day to day.

Please someone light me on fire.

TEX
10-21-2019, 11:03 AM
Fuck Sammy Watkins.

Deberg_1990
10-21-2019, 11:04 AM
So December then?

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-21-2019, 11:05 AM
Day to day.

Please someone light me on fire.

:LOL:

loochy
10-21-2019, 11:06 AM
Fisher will be back before Watkins.

Hell, Mahomes will be back before Watkins.

KC Hawks
10-21-2019, 11:06 AM
Hopefully Wylie doesn't start again.

ROYC75
10-21-2019, 11:09 AM
Per Taylor was seeking Eric Berry for confirmation.

Gravedigger
10-21-2019, 11:10 AM
So their careers are over then?

big nasty kcnut
10-21-2019, 11:12 AM
But aren't we all day by day aren't we all?

RunKC
10-21-2019, 11:13 AM
Wylie is still out. I don’t think he’ll get his job back when he’s healthy. Rankin has been so much better

Frazod
10-21-2019, 11:14 AM
Fuck Sammy Watkins.

Please don't hurt his feelings, otherwise he'll be out another month.

New World Order
10-21-2019, 11:15 AM
So their careers are over then?

No, they'll just be back week 15 2020.

siberian khatru
10-21-2019, 11:16 AM
Spirits willing

tatorhog
10-21-2019, 11:17 AM
Wylie is still out. I don’t think he’ll get his job back when he’s healthy.

I hope you are right.

Frazod
10-21-2019, 11:18 AM
I honestly don't want Pat back before Fisher is back.

New World Order
10-21-2019, 11:18 AM

This.

100% this.

warrior
10-21-2019, 11:20 AM

Me either

BWillie
10-21-2019, 11:21 AM
I think people are being unreasonable to Sammy. Both this year and last year he gave it a go, and couldn't. That says alot about him right there. Most players just pack it in and just don't even try it. He wants to be out there, his body just won't cooperate. So to say fuck that guy, is just being frustrated at him for no reason.

RunKC
10-21-2019, 11:29 AM
Fisher had his surgery on 9/19, so it’s now been a month for him. That’s a 4-6 week recovery.

Probably back vs the Titans.

Rasputin
10-21-2019, 11:34 AM
Day to day are they on life support?

CasselGotPeedOn
10-21-2019, 11:37 AM
Fisher will be back before Watkins.

Hell, Mahomes will be back before Watkins.

Jesus will be back before Watkins

RealSNR
10-21-2019, 11:44 AM
We'll be lucky to get a 3rd round pick out of Watkins. Probably won't even get that. Probably more like a 5th round pick.

The injury history runs too deep. The inconsistency runs too deep. And that pricetag for the last year of his contract isn't going to be worth it for a lot of teams.

Skyy God
10-21-2019, 11:47 AM
I think people are being unreasonable to Sammy. Both this year and last year he gave it a go, and couldn't. That says alot about him right there. Most players just pack it in and just don't even try it. He wants to be out there, his body just won't cooperate. So to say **** that guy, is just being frustrated at him for no reason.

I mean, it's not Watkins' fault Veach overpaid for a talented brokedick.

But his $7M dead cap hit next year is gonna sting, especially in light of his minimal production this year.

TEX
10-21-2019, 11:47 AM

:clap: ROFL ROFL ROFL

Post of the year material right there!

Pitt Gorilla
10-21-2019, 11:48 AM
Keep Fish out until that thing is better than perfect. He can have as many more weeks as Pat is out.

Nobody gives a **** about protecting Matt Moore's blind side.

TEX
10-21-2019, 11:48 AM
I think people are being unreasonable to Sammy. Both this year and last year he gave it a go, and couldn't. That says alot about him right there. Most players just pack it in and just don't even try it. He wants to be out there, his body just won't cooperate. So to say **** that guy, is just being frustrated at him for no reason.

No - only dopes like YOU don't get it because you don't want to, making you even more of a dope.

TEX
10-21-2019, 11:51 AM
Please don't hurt his feelings, otherwise he'll be out another month.

Here's the deal though, he's gonna be out another month anyway, once he does come back. So DOUBLE-**** him.

ChiTown
10-21-2019, 11:52 AM
Keep Fish out until that thing is better than perfect. He can have as many more weeks as Pat is out.

Well, that is until Kyle Shurmur becomes your QB because Matt Moore gets knocked the fuck out. So, I think I can care at least that much.....

Pitt Gorilla
10-21-2019, 11:56 AM
Well, that is until Kyle Shurmur becomes your QB because Matt Moore gets knocked the **** out. So, I think I can care at least that much.....Is there a significant difference? If it's not Pat, does it really matter?

Marcellus
10-21-2019, 11:58 AM
We'll be lucky to get a 3rd round pick out of Watkins. Probably won't even get that. Probably more like a 5th round pick.

The injury history runs too deep. The inconsistency runs too deep. And that pricetag for the last year of his contract isn't going to be worth it for a lot of teams.

Why would anyone give us a draft pick for a player teams know we are going to cut?

Skyy God
10-21-2019, 11:58 AM
Well, that is until Kyle Shurmur becomes your QB because Matt Moore gets knocked the **** out. So, I think I can care at least that much.....

Sure, but it's not worth rushing a player back at a critical position whom you need for the stretch run.

chiefforlife
10-21-2019, 11:59 AM
I want Fisher back ASAP. He needs to get back in top form BEFORE Patrick gets back.

Skyy God
10-21-2019, 12:00 PM
I want Fisher back ASAP. He needs to get back in top form BEFORE Patrick gets back.

Hard to do if his groin is still crabmeat.

crispystl
10-21-2019, 12:00 PM

You really think Mahomes will return before Watkins?

TEX
10-21-2019, 12:02 PM
Why would anyone give us a draft pick for a player teams know we are going to cut?

True, they'll only do it if they REALLY want the guy. A trade guarantees that. Otherwise, they'll just be taking their chances competing with other teams.

Pitt Gorilla
10-21-2019, 12:02 PM
I want Fisher back ASAP. He needs to get back in top form BEFORE Patrick gets back.If you've ever had a groin tear of any kind, you know how easy they are to re-injure.

I'm sure dude is working out, stretching, etc. now, but that extra time is incredibly valuable in making sure it doesn't happen again.

Otter
10-21-2019, 12:07 PM
Day to day.

Please someone light me on fire. "Day to day" and "It can't get any worse" should strike terror into the heart of any grizzled Chiefs fan.

MahiMike
10-21-2019, 12:11 PM
They're just keeping Watkins on ice to improve trade value.

BWillie
10-21-2019, 12:14 PM
No - only dopes like YOU don't get it because you don't want to, making you even more of a dope.

So Sammy is being a piece of shit by not playing with an injury..even trying to play with the injury? Rub some dirt on it derp derp derp long way from your heart derp derp derp

FloridaMan88
10-21-2019, 12:19 PM
It will be hilarious when Mahomes is back from his knee injury before Sammy returns from his hamstring "injury".

bobhill
10-21-2019, 12:23 PM
How many games has Watkins played in? 1 right?

BlackHelicopters
10-21-2019, 12:24 PM

Heh

RealSNR
10-21-2019, 12:33 PM

That's the same reasoning a lot of people on here used when it came time to trade Alex Smith. "Why would any team trade for him... we're just going to cut him. We're just gonna let him walk next year. Teams know that!" Same with Dee Ford's tag/trade.

All it takes is one team.

The problem is the player we want to attempt to trade just isn't very valuable because he's never fucking available to play. That's way more of a problem than "But teams know we're just gonna cut him anyway!"

RealSNR
10-21-2019, 12:38 PM

What if Watkins IS Jesus?

https://media2.giphy.com/media/pXPOApWXuJaMw/source.gif

BWillie
10-21-2019, 12:39 PM

Five. He has played in 5 of 7 games this year.

Flying High D
10-21-2019, 12:40 PM
How many games has Watkins played in? 1 play per game right?

FYP

Marcellus
10-21-2019, 12:45 PM
That's the same reasoning a lot of people on here used when it came time to trade Alex Smith. "Why would any team trade for him... we're just going to cut him. We're just gonna let him walk next year. Teams know that!" Same with Dee Ford's tag/trade.

All it takes is one team.

The problem is the player we want to attempt to trade just isn't very valuable because he's never ****ing available to play. That's way more of a problem than "But teams know we're just gonna cut him anyway!"

Nobody is trading for Watkins get that stupid idea out of your head.

O.city
10-21-2019, 12:45 PM
He's under contract and could be extended which would probably save said team some money. He may not bring much back, but theres a lot of stupid out ther.

JakeF
10-21-2019, 12:46 PM

seconded

TEX
10-21-2019, 12:56 PM
So Sammy is being a piece of shit by not playing with an injury..even trying to play with the injury? Rub some dirt on it derp derp derp long way from your heart derp derp derp

No, derp, dope, derp, dope, dope, dope. Nobody ever said Sammy is a POS because he is injured. MANY here, including myself, said **** SAMMY Watkins because he is ALWAYS INJURED and cant be counted on. BIG difference ****tard. But I'm actually trying to reason with someone who started a thread, and placed bets, that Sammy ****ING - Injury Prone Watkins would play 15 games this season. LMAO
So **** ME TOO for trying to talk some sense into you!

Frazod
10-21-2019, 12:56 PM
Five. He has played in 5 of 7 games this year.

That's nice. How many games has he fucking finished?

rabblerouser
10-21-2019, 12:57 PM
How's their spirits?

ChiTown
10-21-2019, 01:10 PM
Is there a significant difference? If it's not Pat, does it really matter?

I get your point regarding relevance, but yeah, it kinda does matter. Matt Moore isn't Pat Mahomes on Matt's greatest day ever and Pat's worst day ever. However, Matt Moore is better than Kyle Shurmur and he gives us a much better chance of potentially going 2-2 over the next 4, if Pat sits it out until after the Bye. If Shurmur is the QB, we are in trouble of going 0-4. He's not even close to being ready to handle that load.

DJ's left nut
10-21-2019, 01:15 PM
Is there a significant difference? If it's not Pat, does it really matter?

Kyle Shurmer sucks REAL bad.

Yeah, there's a difference. And to be honest, if Pat misses 4 games and it's Henne v. Moore, I think there's even a difference between Henne and then Moore so I'd like to keep Henne largely intact.

I tried really hard to see what the Shurmer Stans saw in that kid during the pre-season and I just can't figure it out. He's fucking awful.

jonzie04
10-21-2019, 01:20 PM

Well said.

MeaTy The Pimp
10-21-2019, 01:21 PM
"Day to day" and "It can't get any worse" should strike terror into the heart of any grizzled Chiefs fan.

As long as they don't start stating that their spirit just isn't in it, or talking about Haglunds, I will not be too worried.

RealSNR
10-21-2019, 01:29 PM
Nobody is trading for Watkins get that stupid idea out of your head.
It's not inconceivable that the Chiefs get an offer from at least one team.

HemiEd
10-21-2019, 02:05 PM

It was one hell of a game though. :drool:

ChiefsFanatic
10-22-2019, 03:29 AM
Is there a significant difference? If it's not Pat, does it really matter?I thought Moore looked terrible, and I thought he looked at every single receiver he threw the ball to. He didn't appear to go through any progressions, and just looked rushed and gun shy at times.

If Minshew can play like he is, why can't Shurmur? They both put up great numbers in college. Maybe I just hate Matt Moore, so I am biased. I just think he was a bad, very bad addition to this team. I was frustrated because I don't think Veach or Reid even looked at anyone else, besides Moore who was OUT OF FOOTBALL FFS.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

TwistedChief
10-22-2019, 03:54 AM
I thought Moore looked terrible, and I thought he looked at every single receiver he threw the ball to. He didn't appear to go through any progressions, and just looked rushed and gun shy at times.

If Minshew can play like he is, why can't Shurmur? They both put up great numbers in college. Maybe I just hate Matt Moore, so I am biased. I just think he was a bad, very bad addition to this team. I was frustrated because I don't think Veach or Reid even looked at anyone else, besides Moore who was OUT OF FOOTBALL FFS.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

There just aren't that many options in the second half of August when you need to sign a QB. And it seemed like he had been the runner-up to Henne a couple years prior. I don't think it was some real reach signing him.

I also thought he looked pretty bad though, but I hold out hope that Reid can work some magic and a week of practicing with the 1s will do him good.

And bemoaning the fact that we don't trust Schurmur to play like Minshew? Seriously? Does Minshew seem like he's the rule or the exception to the rule?

kjwood75nro
10-22-2019, 04:33 AM
"Day to day" and "It can't get any worse" should strike terror into the heart of any grizzled Chiefs fan.At this point, such phrases should have a mod auto-correction placed on them.

"I suck hobo cock," for example.

DTVietnam
10-22-2019, 04:46 AM
any word on Chris Jones timeline?

notorious
10-22-2019, 06:09 AM

LMAO

This cracks me up. If a finger touches Mahomes we gasp, if Matt Moore gets annihilated by 300 pounds of pissed off beef we will all just shrug our shoulders.

stevieray
10-22-2019, 06:41 AM
Watkins has been day to day since Clemson.

Like him, but don't count on him.

stevieray
10-22-2019, 06:44 AM
seconded

Riiiiiight, and if he gets injured?

Think it through, man.

oldman
10-22-2019, 07:14 AM
I don't think Wylie's condition is that big of a deal. I've been pretty OK with the duo of Rankin and Wisniewski. I kind of feel the same way about Watkins. If your QB can't consistently hit Hill and Kelce, why does he need any more than Pringle and Hardman? Before some of you point out the bomb to Hill, I'll just say that even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes. Considering the show we got from the front 7 on D last week, I'm not even sure Jones is that big of loss. Fisher is a big deal.

TwistedChief
10-22-2019, 07:19 AM
I don't think Wylie's condition is that big of a deal. I've been pretty OK with the duo of Rankin and Wisniewski. I kind of feel the same way about Watkins. If your QB can't consistently hit Hill and Kelce, why does he need any more than Pringle and Hardman? Before some of you point out the bomb to Hill, I'll just say that even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes. Considering the show we got from the front 7 on D last week, I'm not even sure Jones is that big of loss. Fisher is a big deal.

There is so much wrong in this post. It's like you've never taken an intro stats course that explained what a sample size is.

oldman
10-22-2019, 07:39 AM
There's a lot wrong with your post, too. Fisher is a big deal. Jones is a semi-big deal only because of the interior pass rush. He's not much of a run stuffer. Watkins had 1 big day with PMII while Hill was out, not much since, 6 rec for 49, 5 for 64, 3 for 54, and 0 TDs isn't setting the world on fire. Not to mention the 2 fumbles. Wylie is a JAG.

JimNasium
10-22-2019, 09:30 AM
Insert random Haglunds joke here.

FloridaMan88
10-22-2019, 09:33 AM

Sammy Watkins is a more polished overall WR than Pringle/Hardman/DRob and he is able to more consistently beat man to man defense.

staylor26
10-22-2019, 09:36 AM
There's a lot wrong with your post, too. Fisher is a big deal. Jones is a semi-big deal only because of the interior pass rush. He's not much of a run stuffer. Watkins had 1 big day with PMII while Hill was out, not much since, 6 rec for 49, 5 for 64, 3 for 54, and 0 TDs isn't setting the world on fire. Not to mention the 2 fumbles. Wylie is a JAG.

Interior pass rush is the absolute best way to get to the QB in today’s NFL where the ball is coming out fast most of the time. That’s a “big deal”. Not to mention it allows us to keep Nnadi and Saunders fresh having another DT in the rotation.

Watkins became the #1 WR after Hill went down and teams focused on him. When Mahomes is back, you want Watkins to make teams pay for all the attention they give Hill. I mean did you even watch the AFCCG?

Hammock Parties
10-22-2019, 09:46 AM
We really just need to keep Watkins in reserve for the Patriots.

Activate him the week before to get him comfortable and then go full tilt.

Then bench him til the playoffs LMAO

MIAdragon
10-22-2019, 09:55 AM

That’s the spirit!

TEX
10-22-2019, 10:06 AM
We really just need to keep Watkins in reserve for the Patriots.

Activate him the week before to get him comfortable and then go full tilt.

Then bench him til the playoffs LMAO

Fuck thar guy. Cant count om him for shit, except for the fact that you can count on not being able to count on him.

FloridaMan88
10-22-2019, 10:15 AM
**** thar guy. Cant count om him for shit, except for the fact that you can count on not being able to count on him.

Sammy was big in the Chiefs almost comeback in the AFC Championship Game last year with the Faketriots focusing their defense on Tyreek.

philfree
10-22-2019, 10:23 AM
It seems pretty obvious that the offense is much better with both Hill and Watkins on the field at the same time. I hope he's ready to play this week and then holds up the rest of the year. Any other thoughts on that are just silly.

Flying High D
10-22-2019, 10:27 AM
Fuck thar guy. Cant count om him for shit, except for the fact that you can count on not being able to count on him.

Sure, I ain’t done shit since I’ve been in the NFL. But, I’m Sammy Fucking Watkins, Bitch!!!

Flying High D
10-22-2019, 10:29 AM

The spirit is weak on this one.

TEX
10-22-2019, 10:41 AM
Sammy was big in the Chiefs almost comeback in the AFC Championship Game last year with the Faketriots focusing their defense on Tyreek.

Great! He had to miss like 6 games to be available for it though. His moments are far and few in between to be able to count on.

oldman
10-22-2019, 11:52 AM
While I agree that Jones is a force to be reckoned with, his weakness is run D. Would I like to have him back this week? Absol-freaking-lutely. He'd make Rodgers life miserable. But the big fish here (no pun intended) is Fisher.

JohnnyHammersticks
10-22-2019, 01:54 PM
It was one hell of a game though. :drool:

We should've traded him that day before he even took his uniform off.