PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Moral Victories Count Tonight...

petegz28
10-27-2019, 09:22 PM
Yes, Andy threw in the towel with the idiotic decision to punt at the end of the game but....

this game was closer than any of us probably thought or hoped it would be. Our defense played well and it took 2 very, very lucky throws and a shittty Shady fumble to beat us. All while our best player sat on the bench and watched.

This defense keeps up with Pat in the game and things look good.

BTW, I'd trade Chris Jones for Kareem Hunt in a NY minute right now

candyman
10-27-2019, 09:24 PM
No, they don't. Loser mentality.

C3HIEF3S
10-27-2019, 09:24 PM
No they don’t.

petegz28
10-27-2019, 09:25 PM
We have 5 of our best players on the sidelines hurt...one of which is our QB. WTF did you think was going to happen tonight? The fact we even made this a game says a lot.

Chiefsguyinri
Chicks dig participation ribbons..said no1 ever.

stumppy
Yes, Andy threw in the towel with the idiotic decision to punt at the end of the game but....

this game was closer than any of us probably thought or hoped it would be. Our defense played well and it took 2 very, very lucky throws and a shittty Shady fumble to beat us. All while our best player sat on the bench and watched.

This defense keeps up with Pat in the game and things look good.

Not just our best player but a few of our best players

Molitoth
10-27-2019, 09:26 PM
Def a good game by the defense, regardless of the stat sheet.

Lucky ass TDs and shady giving them an easy TD.

petegz28
10-27-2019, 09:27 PM

That's really what it came down too. A Shady fumble.

petegz28
10-27-2019, 09:29 PM
Punting the ball away late took away any chance of winning. Why the fuck Reid did that is beyond anyone....

KCUnited
10-27-2019, 09:30 PM
Pete Things

OrtonsPiercedTaint
Proud of my CHIEFS!

carcosa
They technically don't count but I'm definitely encouraged by tonight's game. The loss doesn't hurt very much in terms of winning the division/playoff seeding so it's good to see that the team doesn't turn to complete dog shit with Mahomes out.

Get Mahomes and the other key players healthy and this team can absolutely still make a Super Bowl run.

Naptown Chief
10-27-2019, 09:34 PM

That's really what it came down too. A Shady fumble.

Agreed. Punting on 4th-inches and again on 4th-game didn't help either. Better coaching and this is an upset.

TLO
10-27-2019, 09:34 PM
They technically don't count but I'm definitely encouraged by tonight's game. The loss doesn't hurt very much in terms of winning the division/playoff seeding so it's good to see that the team doesn't turn to complete dog shit with Mahomes out.

Get Mahomes and the other key players healthy and this team can absolutely still make a Super Bowl run.

All of this.

When it was 14-0, I, and many others thought we were on the way to getting blown out.

We had six starters out tonight, including the MVP of the NFL.

This game didn't really matter.

Get guys healthy and make some noise in the playoffs.

TEX
10-27-2019, 09:35 PM
Moral victories are always for the losers. They're not good for anything. Just move on to the next game.

BlackHelicopters
10-27-2019, 09:35 PM
What the fuck is a moral victory?

Bump
10-27-2019, 09:36 PM
A fumble

An insane TD pass from Rodgers that looked impossible

A huge play off a screen

you take those away, we win.

lewdog
10-27-2019, 09:38 PM
Moral victories were part of the Alex Smith era.

Fuck you OP.

Keep thinking like that and you and the rest of geriatric planet won't see another SB win before your death.

petegz28
10-27-2019, 09:38 PM

**** you OP.

Keep thinking like that and you and the rest of geriatric planet won't see another SB win before your death.

Dude, you are lying if you thought this game would be as close as it was.

Chiefsguyinri
10-27-2019, 09:39 PM
Who needs a Lombardi!?

Molitoth
10-27-2019, 09:40 PM

Fuck you OP.

Did you expect to win with Matt Fucking Moore? With most of our good players hurt? With Andy Reid calling the game like a fucking pussy?

Gravedigger
Funny, they don’t show up in the standings...

jerryaldini
Encouraging game and fun to watch. With Pat and healthy D we win going away

C3HIEF3S
We have 5 of our best players on the sidelines hurt...one of which is our QB. WTF did you think was going to happen tonight? The fact we even made this a game says a lot.

Game went about how I expected it too, but considering that I am:

a.) A fan

b.) Not a loser

.. I have the right to be displeased in the outcome of a loss. Do you think that Matt Moore deserves a trophy for his performance tonight, too? The team doesn't deserve praise when there is plenty of blame to go around for the loss.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
The other side of Mahomes sucks?
Childrens, please

petegz28
10-27-2019, 09:41 PM
Funny, they don’t show up in the standings...

If you expected a win tonight you are either full of shit or a liar.

OKchiefs
10-27-2019, 09:42 PM

:LOL:ROFL

Minnesota is going to skull fuck us next week, about to have 4 home losses half way through the season. This team is full of pathetic losers.

lewdog
10-27-2019, 09:42 PM
Did you expect to win with Matt Fucking Moore? With most of our good players hurt? With Andy Reid calling the game like a fucking pussy?

So you two dipshits thought 5-3 was a likely start to this season?

Keep on being losers, loser.

mr. tegu
10-27-2019, 09:43 PM

Minnesota is going to skull fuck us next week, about to have 4 home losses half way through the season. This team is full of pathetic losers.

We win by double digits tonight if Cousins is the QB and not Rodgers.

Red Dawg
10-27-2019, 09:43 PM
Thread fail. You are first or you suck on pro sports
That's it

petegz28
10-27-2019, 09:44 PM
So you two dipshits thought 5-3 was a likely start to this season?

Keep on being losers, loser.

Yeah, I thought 5-3 was a likely start. Just like I thought PM would be sitting the bench nursing a sore knee.

Considering the schedule we have played, 5-3 is pretty fucking respectable. Considering it's been the toughest schedule in the NFL.

Great Expectations
10-27-2019, 09:44 PM

The D played one good quarter. That might and I stress might be good enough with Pat, but once again when it mattered we couldn’t stop the run.

carcosa
10-27-2019, 09:50 PM

Fuck you OP.

The way we think has no affect on the team whatsoever.

Tonight, I'd rather look on the bright side of a hard fought loss than get all pissed off for no good reason. You do you though

Hammock Parties
10-27-2019, 09:51 PM
Amazing effort. Lots of positives. We’ll be fine.

Sure-Oz
10-27-2019, 09:53 PM
Most teams get blown out tonight. I like where the defense is going and that effort.

carcosa
10-27-2019, 09:53 PM

You, Red Dawg, and JakeF should start your own board where you can just form a circular human centipede of bad posts

chiefzilla1501
10-27-2019, 09:55 PM
The defense has swagger. That's good.

The team was fired up. And mahomes looked like a bad ass leader on the sidelines.

We lost a game we were supposed to get blown out in.

Let's focus on the things we can control. Butker had better get his shit together. I imagine mccoy feels devastated and despite his loose ball handling this is not a typical thing for him... But sideline him until further notice and make him think about it.

Butker is the one thing that keeps me up at night after tonight.

Beef Supreme
10-27-2019, 09:59 PM
You know who is a bunch of soft bitches? Half this fucking board. Our boys played hard in a tough loss. I sure hope they don't cry about it as much as you pussies.

Buckweath
10-27-2019, 10:01 PM
People can debate the decision to punt at the end of the game but really it wasnt a clear cut decision to make. I thought punting the ball was Ok but I can understand the opposite view.

burt
10-27-2019, 10:02 PM
Amazing effort. Lots of positives. We’ll be fine.Absolutely! D is starting to show great things. GB pulled some amazing plays milliseconds before a sack... With good
Coverage. If we get healthy, we are a force to be reckoned with. Or if we didn't have a 50 year old Jr. High school coach playing QB! And he did well...considering.

Just need to get the team healthy. And yes, I hate to lose!

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using Tapatalk

Flying High D
10-27-2019, 10:16 PM
The defense has swagger. That's good.

The team was fired up. And mahomes looked like a bad ass leader on the sidelines.

We lost a game we were supposed to get blown out in.

Let's focus on the things we can control. Butker had better get his shit together. I imagine mccoy feels devastated and despite his loose ball handling this is not a typical thing for him... But sideline him until further notice and make him think about it.

Butker is the one thing that keeps me up at night after tonight.

Flying High D
10-27-2019, 10:17 PM
Absolutely! D is starting to show great things. GB pulled some amazing plays milliseconds before a sack... With good
Coverage. If we get healthy, we are a force to be reckoned with. Or if we didn't have a 50 year old Jr. High school coach playing QB! And he did well...considering.

Just need to get the team healthy. And yes, I hate to lose!

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using Tapatalk

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
10-27-2019, 10:18 PM
Yeah, I thought 5-3 was a likely start. Just like I thought PM would be sitting the bench nursing a sore knee.

Considering the schedule we have played, 5-3 is pretty ****ing respectable. Considering it's been the toughest schedule in the NFL.

It’s actually been the 14th toughest in terms of strength of schedule

OrtonsPiercedTaint
10-27-2019, 10:21 PM
If they won. There would be 3 threads complaining, PMII was on the sideline & could have got hurt

phisherman
10-27-2019, 10:23 PM
I don't really feel like it's a "moral victory", so to speak, but I do think that we win with Pat playing QB. We had a shot tonight and that's a big deal.

KC Hawks
10-27-2019, 10:23 PM
I feel like if that was any QB other than Rodgers, we win that game.

PunkinDrublic
10-27-2019, 10:27 PM
It’s undeniable the defense is looking better. I hate the word moral victory too but we were lucky to be in this game. Getting a first round bye probably isn’t in the cards because of injuries and not being gifted an easy schedule. Winning the division is extremely doable. I just want us to be healthy down the stretch.

suzzer99
10-27-2019, 10:29 PM
I'd be fine with a moral victory if we at least tried to win the game at the end instead of punting.

TribalElder
10-27-2019, 10:29 PM
punting on 4th down at mid field was some shit cowards would do

WhiteWhale
10-27-2019, 10:30 PM
I feel like if that was any QB other than Rodgers, we win that game.

Nah. We'd have lost against Mahomes too.

WhiteWhale
10-27-2019, 10:31 PM
punting on 4th down at mid field was some shit cowards would do

Yeah. The D had started reeling at that point. They played awesome for a stretch, but the Packer's O had the momentum. It was a bad move.

Go down swinging.

O.city
I still think if you can get healthy here quick you can get on a real win streak and still get the 2 seed

mr. tegu
It’s undeniable the defense is looking better. I hate the word moral victory too but we were lucky to be in this game. Getting a first round bye probably isn’t in the cards because of injuries and not being gifted an easy schedule. Winning the division is extremely doable. I just want us to be healthy down the stretch.

The and Colts and Texans each have a few more losses in them so I think we can still get it but even if not it will suck for whoever is the two seed. “Congratulations you got the bye week! Your prize is the best offense in football that’s only playing here because they spent the first ten weeks of the season in the hospital.”

There would be nothing wrong with being the three seed this season with the Colts as a two seed.

WhiteWhale
10-27-2019, 10:32 PM
KC had a lot of injuries (all of whom will be back soon) and obviously without Mahomes.

A 7 point loss to the packers in a game I expected KC to lose by 20 ain't making me panic.

NJChiefsFan
10-27-2019, 10:32 PM
I still think if you can get healthy here quick you can get on a real win streak and still get the 2 seed

The conference is still wide open behind the Patriots.

O.city
10-27-2019, 10:34 PM

Yep

I don’t think anyone catching New England so I still think you need to look at the 2

Chiefs can still get to 12-4/11-5 if they get healthy

kysirsoze
10-27-2019, 10:35 PM
Thread fail. You are first or you suck on pro sports
That's it

See? All you tough guys in this thread are agreeing with Tuckdaddy. How does that make you feel?

Our M.A.S.H. ward of a team looked great tonight against a legit SB contender. If we meet them in Miami I'm going to be stocked up on champagne. Wish Reid hadn't fucked us out of a real chance to win this one, but that defense showed last week wasn't an aberration and when we get the MVP back it's on.

WhiteWhale
10-27-2019, 10:35 PM

Hell yes it is.

With Patrick's recovery going so well there is NO reason to panic. I can't HELP that the Patriots have the easiest schedule I've seen since ever.

They do have road games against the Ravens, Eagles, AND Houston coming up plus KC can make up ground by whipping them in their own house.

No reason to sweat yet. Not even close. Their offense is NOT good. As far as I can tell if you can stop your QB from throwing touchdown passes to their defense you have a damn good chance of holding them under 20.

NJChiefsFan
10-27-2019, 10:36 PM
Yep

I don’t think anyone catching New England so I still think you need to look at the 2

Even if we won today catching new England was a tall task.

chiefzilla1501
10-27-2019, 10:40 PM

Rodgers has put up 30 pts or close to it against a lot of really good defenses. Including healthy ones, which we are not. They did enough to win today. We needed a flawless performance without mahomes. And instead we killed ourselves with a costly turnover, a missed fg, and poor 4th down decisions. Just cannot do that when you're already severely shorthanded.

mr. tegu
10-27-2019, 10:40 PM
Hell yes it is.

With Patrick's recovery going so well there is NO reason to panic. I can't HELP that the Patriots have the easiest schedule I've seen since ever.

They do have road games against the Ravens, Eagles, AND Houston coming up plus KC can make up ground by whipping them in their own house.

No reason to sweat yet. Not even close. Their offense is NOT good. As far as I can tell if you can stop your QB from throwing touchdown passes to their defense you have a damn good chance of holding them under 20.

We have seen from our own team a few years ago where we were scoring a lot on defense and getting all sorts of lucky bounces and forcing turnovers but that method of winning isn’t sustainable and when playing competent teams you get exposed. It’s weird how the good teams rarely made enough mistakes for us to win. I expect the same for them.

WhiteWhale
10-27-2019, 10:44 PM
We have seen from our own team a few years ago where we were scoring a lot on defense and getting all sorts of lucky bounces and forcing turnovers but that method of winning isn’t sustainable and when playing competent teams you get exposed. It’s weird how the good teams rarely made enough mistakes for us to win. I expect the same for them.

Yeah, but the Patriots aren't ONLY causing a few turnovers. They're stifling teams and causing an insane amount of TO's.

Teams that cause turnovers and give up big plays and long drives? I'd agree. NE doesn't do that 2nd part though.

Of course, their opening schedule is the craziest thing I've seen. There are some REALLY bad teams and NE gets to play them all I guess.

PunkinDrublic
10-28-2019, 01:31 AM
Yeah, but the Patriots aren't ONLY causing a few turnovers. They're stifling teams and causing an insane amount of TO's.

Teams that cause turnovers and give up big plays and long drives? I'd agree. NE doesn't do that 2nd part though.

Of course, their opening schedule is the craziest thing I've seen. There are some REALLY bad teams and NE gets to play them all I guess.

They’ve played a lot of bad offenses and taken advantage of playing a lot of inexperienced to inept QBs. Let’s hold off on crowning them the 86 Bears.

Megatron96
10-28-2019, 01:34 AM
Jesus Christ. After the Packers scored 14 in the first Q, I thought we were going to get blown out, something like 55-6. Matt Moore looked terrible, Erving was getting used, and our defense could stop the run, but couldn't stop Rodgers.

Then they got things turned around. Matt Moore not his legs under him and not only tied up the score, he got us a lead.

The defense sacked Aaron Rodgers a bunch of times, and held the Packers to just 28 yards and no points in the 2nd Q.

Matt Midnight Hour Moore out-threw Aaron Rodgers in the first half, and he had a higher QB rating. Our running game looked good, and we finally saw a glimpse of what this offense is going to look like when everyone gets healthy, which is going to be in just a few weeks.

Both Andy and Spags called a pair of brilliant games. And their game-plan got to within a hair's breadth away from pulling off the upset with a bunch of back-ups against the best passer in the league, Rodgers, leading a legit Super Bowl team.

How many teams can you think of that could suffer the losses of their starting QB, starting LT, starting LG, starting DE, Starting DT, starting slot db, and come within two plays of beating that Packers team?

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
10-28-2019, 01:43 AM
If Moore wants to come back next year I’d let him. Sorry Henne but Moore was great tonight

Megatron96
10-28-2019, 02:10 AM
If Moore wants to come back next year I’d let him. Sorry Henne but Moore was great tonight

If he even wants to. The man is 36 after all. He might finish the season and decide he's getting too old to take another season of hits, falling on the ground, 4-hour workouts, etc.

TwistedChief
10-28-2019, 04:24 AM
I had extremely low expectations. They were wildly exceeded. One has to be encouraged after a game like that even though we lost. So yeah, I'm in for the moral victory given that we'll need to go through Foxboro to get to the Super Bowl regardless.

Coochie liquor
10-28-2019, 04:25 AM
Yep

Idk, Pats have played lots of bad teams. They just beat a 2 win browns team who has the second best record of teams they’ve faced. The meat of their schedule is coming up. Let’s see how that plays out. I’ve got em taking an L this week at Baltimore, they’ve still got Dallas, Philly, and us after that. I’m not so sure they keep the 1 locked up honestly. They’ve looked beatable against poor to mediocre competition.

T-post Tom
10-28-2019, 04:30 AM
I had extremely low expectations. They were wildly exceeded. One has to be encouraged after a game like that even though we lost. So yeah, I'm in for the moral victory given that we'll need to go through Foxboro to get to the Super Bowl regardless.

My expectations were higher pregame & more so in the 4th quarter. If the coaching staff learn from their mistakes and the players can beat the injury bug for the second half of the season, they should be okay.

Imon Yourside
10-28-2019, 04:33 AM
Nearly 50 Years of moral victories yay (insert special ed clip here)

T-post Tom
10-28-2019, 04:45 AM
Nearly 50 Years of moral victories yay (insert special ed clip here)

Excellent point. Lots of Cubs' fans died while waiting for the Cubs to win a WS. I'm not getting any younger. Damn sure hope to see the Chiefs win the Super Bowl before my time is up. Watching the Royals win the World Series and then going to the parade were highlights of my life as a KC sports fan. SB would be even bigger.

burt
10-28-2019, 08:00 AM

Exaggeration....it's whats for dinner......

scho63
10-28-2019, 12:30 PM
Nothing personal Pete but FUCK YOUR MORAL VICTORIES speech.

For 50 years I've eaten so many Shit flavored Moral Victory sandwiches I gag and barf at the mere mention.

jimidollar
10-28-2019, 01:16 PM
There are no moral victories in the NFL. Sorry, guys. Hate to break it to you. I remember when I first started watching football and thought that was a thing.

Prison Bitch
11-03-2019, 04:49 PM

ROFL

Pasta Little Brioni
11-03-2019, 06:32 PM

Another kcchiefsus pile of shit post...