PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs At the halfway point, the draft looks good.

BossChief
10-27-2019, 10:03 PM
I know it’s only 8 games, but you can usually start to get a feel for most rookies on if they will be good or not by this point and this class is looking very promising from early returns.

Hardman is already a game changer. His speed his rare.

Thornhill is a solid starting quality safety. Good ball skills, smart and willing tackler.

Saunders is impressive against the run and as a pass rusher for such a young player. Very rare to see DL from small schools play this well this early in their careers. Kids good.

Fenton has been good from the get go. Also, very rare for the position. Thrown into action against top competition and has held his own showing a lot of competitiveness. Loved the effort on ST to down the ball ar the 2, as well.

Darwin Thompson hasn’t had much of a chance because the backfield is crowded and he’s the least experienced.

Allegreti hasn’t had a chance to play.

TheMartyr
10-27-2019, 10:05 PM
None of this will matter when Mahomes is making 40 mil per year and we can’t keep any players and have to bargain shop for garbage. Injuries and roster mismanagement killed Mahomes rookie contract.

KurtCobain
10-27-2019, 10:12 PM
None of this will matter when Mahomes is making 40 mil per year.

I would say that hitting on draft picks matters a lot when you have to overpay a QB.

Coochie liquor
10-28-2019, 04:03 AM
None of this will matter when Mahomes is making 40 mil per year and we can’t keep any players and have to bargain shop for garbage. Injuries and roster mismanagement killed Mahomes rookie contract.

Sorry baby girl, you’re at the adults table and we’re having a conversation. Why don’t you go back to playing with your Barbie dolls, and have your mom check your diaper cuz you smell like you’ve shit yourself.

Chris Meck
10-28-2019, 06:50 AM

uhh...I'm just...well...

I mean, good drafts are the whole point. So it matters a lot. Like it's EVERYTHING.

loochy
10-28-2019, 07:00 AM

Are you retarded? That's EXACTLY when it will matter most.

Flying High D
10-28-2019, 07:01 AM
Sorry baby girl, you’re at the adults table and we’re having a conversation. Why don’t you go back to playing with your Barbie dolls, and have your mom check your diaper cuz you smell like you’ve shit yourself.

Any update on the shit?

Chargem
10-28-2019, 07:43 AM
Veach kind of worries me with his evaluations, like he called Thornhill a 1st rounder and Saunders a 2nd rounder if I remember correctly.

But they have been good players from the 2019 draft so far, if he can keep finding guys like Hardman and Thornill to contribute in the first three rounds we should be okay.

loochy
10-28-2019, 07:45 AM
Any update on the shit?

looks like hummus

O.city
10-28-2019, 07:50 AM
Kpass is looking good too

kcclone
10-28-2019, 07:59 AM
Yes, I'm warming to this class. Hardman, appears good or at least solid. Saunders is showing signs that he belongs. Thornhill is pretty good, maybe not game-changer good, but a winning player. Hopefully Speaks will surprise us all when he's back. It would be great if Allegretti ends up being a contributor, because protecting Mahomes has to be priority #1.

Drafting will be of the utmost importance to maintain a good roster when we are paying Pat.

Veach's "routine" pickups this off season appear to be pretty solid. Ogbah and Okafor have been good. The CB's look much improved.

LB remains the biggest concern. We'll probably have to go LB with our #1. We probably need to draft 1-2 OL in the top 4 rounds.

JimNasium
10-28-2019, 08:01 AM

We finally hit on a generational QB and now people want to bitch about how much he’s going to cost. I swear, this place cannot handle prosperity.

duncan_idaho
10-28-2019, 08:16 AM
Hardman is a dynamic playmaker. That was a good pick and is going to make the upcoming Watkins decision pretty easy.

Thornhill is a quality starting safety who is going to improve as things slow down for him.

I’m a big Sanders fan. I think things are starting to click for him, too, and his combination of size, strength, and freaky athleticism are exciting (especially in a defense that uses a bunch of stunts and twists).

I’ll sign up for this type of draft every year.

kcclone
10-28-2019, 08:53 AM
We finally hit on a generational QB and now people want to bitch about how much he’s going to cost. I swear, this place cannot handle prosperity.

I don't think they're complaining about what it costs. The alternative is far worse, and the unicorn that is Brady (under market value deal because his wife is a super model) is never happening for any other franchise./

The point though is that we wasted one year with Mahomes by watching Alex Smith choke in the playoffs against the Titans. The next year our Defense was our undoing. This year it seems like injuries may cost us a dream season.

It gets much harder to pay the supporting cast once Mahomes gets paid. That's part of why guys like Rogers only has one ring. Peyton might be the GOAT or second GOAT and only two rings. It's freaking hard to win a SB in this league. The stars have to align to some degree.

Hammock Parties
10-28-2019, 08:59 AM
Definitely one of the best draft classes I can remember.

RunKC
10-28-2019, 08:59 AM

What. The. Fuck?

It absolutely fucking matters. Let me draw a picture for you.

Hardman
Thornhill
Saunders
Rankin

Those guys have been good players and guess what? We don’t have to pay any of those guys until Spring 2022.

The average cap hit for those 4 players in the next 3 years is about $6 million. $6 million for 4 talented young players.

This is exactly how you fucking won when Pat gets paid.

CapsLockKey
10-28-2019, 12:45 PM
I don't think they're complaining about what it costs. The alternative is far worse, and the unicorn that is Brady (under market value deal because his wife is a super model) is never happening for any other franchise./

The point though is that we wasted one year with Mahomes by watching Alex Smith choke in the playoffs against the Titans. The next year our Defense was our undoing. This year it seems like injuries may cost us a dream season.

It gets much harder to pay the supporting cast once Mahomes gets paid. That's part of why guys like Rogers only has one ring. Peyton might be the GOAT or second GOAT and only two rings. It's freaking hard to win a SB in this league. The stars have to align to some degree.It can't be that hard. The Rams seem to be able to pay whoever they want after making Goff, Donald, and Gurley the highest paid at their positions.

Denver was able to get big free agents in Ware, Talib, Welker, etc after giving Manning a big contact.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
10-28-2019, 12:50 PM
But I thought Veach sucks