PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Dry your eyes. KC will win the SB.

RaidersOftheCellar
10-27-2019, 10:03 PM
For some, tonight is another opportunity to bitch. But this is the moment that convinced me that KC can and will take the whole thing.

Regardless of any numbers or details you want to cite, a Spagnuolo defense can get it done, paired with a healthy Mahomes and these weapons.

I don’t think Soagnuolo trusted his guys to execute his stunts and blitzes early on, but now that he does, it will be a gamechanger.

A healthy Chiefs team will dominate.

carcosa
10-27-2019, 10:05 PM
YIP!!!!!

Deberg_1990
10-27-2019, 10:06 PM
:facepalm:

They will win the division and might win a playoff game or two. But they are not a superbiwl team.

No consistent running back and the defense needs more talent.

TheMartyr
Sure����

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Andy Reid on decision to punt with 5:14 left: Some of it was momentum. Said the defense had been playing well through the night and had confidence in them. Says he thought it was the right thing to do at the time, but it didn’t work out.</p>&mdash; Matt Derrick (@mattderrick) <a href="https://twitter.com/mattderrick/status/1188664638080204800?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 28, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Flying High D

Prison Bitch
“We are afraid” / 8-0 patriots

notorious
Lot of season left.

Let the team get healthy, play on the road in the playoffs (where they are better for some stupid fucking reason), and see what happens.

pugsnotdrugs19
10-27-2019, 10:07 PM
I’m definitely more confident than I was entering the night, believe it or not.

I don’t even care if we have a bye at this point, home field is whatever. If I had it my way, we’d go in and stick a knife in the hearts of every fan base as the road warriors.

Naptown Chief
10-27-2019, 10:08 PM

I don’t even care if we have a bye at this point, home field is whatever. If I had it my way, we’d go in and stick a knife in the hearts of every fan base as the road warriors.YEP

kysirsoze
10-27-2019, 10:10 PM

I don’t even care if we have a bye at this point, home field is whatever. If I had it my way, we’d go in and stick a knife in the hearts of every fan base as the road warriors.

I'd like a bye just for the health issues, but yeah. This team is pretty nasty and will be dangerous when healthy.

MAG
10-27-2019, 10:12 PM

RaidersOftheCellar
:facepalm:

They will win the division and might win a playoff game or two. But they are not a superbiwl team.

No consistent running back and the defense needs more talent.

Don’t worry...talent’s on the way. Chris Jones, Frank Clark and friends.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
Mahomes needs 22 games(including pre-season). SB winner

SDChiefsFan
10-27-2019, 10:13 PM
Some BRIGHT SPOTS on the field tonight, but also DISAPPOINTMENTS! Spagnuolo knows his personnel and needs to trust them more to execute the blitz packages with man coverage. Weak spot is LB covering RBs on pass plays. Coach Reid should've went for it on 4th and short with 5:14 left in the game. Gotta go for the "W" when at home!

KurtCobain
10-27-2019, 10:14 PM
They could for sure.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
10-27-2019, 10:14 PM
Should Reid be fired if we lose again in the playoffs?

RaidersOftheCellar
10-27-2019, 10:16 PM

Their best win being against a garbage Bills team.

KC will fuck them up. When healthy, they are a much better matchup than in January.

Mark it down.

mr. tegu
10-27-2019, 10:16 PM
I will continue to assume the offense is as good as last season when healthy. Tonight helped prove that given the performance with the skill position players finally all back. And the defense is better than last season by a pretty good margin at this point. With those two things there is no reason to think we can’t win it all.

chiefforlife
10-27-2019, 10:18 PM
I know its disappointing to lose but come on?

We knew there was a really good chance we were going to lose that game going in. We needed a perfect game by MANY of our backups to pull that off and we almost got it.
2 plays turned the game, the fumble in our own territory when we had momentum.
The decision not to go for it on 4th down. I knew we lost as soon as we punted. We were not getting that ball back. I sure wish Andy knew that too.

I actually feel pretty good after that game. I agree with the OP, we are a good team. When we get our players back we can beat anyone!

GO CHIEFS!!

Titty Meat
10-27-2019, 10:18 PM
I'll be happy if we win a playoff game. This defense ain't it (linebackers)

pugsnotdrugs19
10-27-2019, 10:20 PM
You could see how dangerous the offense can be when the full arsenal of weapons is out there tonight. Even Moore looked pretty darn good.

If Mahomes is there with everyone else on O, they won’t be a team that anyone wants to play.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
10-27-2019, 10:21 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This is exactly why I said a solid cover LB was one of our top 3 needs heading into the trade deadline. <a href="https://t.co/MR35mnGGZ0">https://t.co/MR35mnGGZ0</a></p>&mdash; Arrowhead Live (@ArrowheadLive) <a href="https://twitter.com/ArrowheadLive/status/1188671799527198720?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 28, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

philfree
10-27-2019, 10:22 PM
Super Bowls aren't won in October...

RaidersOftheCellar
10-27-2019, 10:22 PM
I'll be happy if we win a playoff game. This defense ain't it (linebackers)

We all wished for a “slightly better” defense to complement the offense.

This defense is significantly better than last year’s right now, and will only get better.

chiefforlife
10-27-2019, 10:23 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This is exactly why I said a solid cover LB was one of our top 3 needs heading into the trade deadline. <a href="https://t.co/MR35mnGGZ0">https://t.co/MR35mnGGZ0</a></p>&mdash; Arrowhead Live (@ArrowheadLive) <a href="https://twitter.com/ArrowheadLive/status/1188671799527198720?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 28, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Im sure Kirk Cousins noticed that...

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
10-27-2019, 10:25 PM
Veach needs to trade for a coverage LB by Tuesday

KC_Connection
10-27-2019, 10:25 PM
The best team the Pats have played is the Buffalo Bills. By far too. LMAO

CaliforniaChief
10-27-2019, 10:30 PM
The Chiefs are a great bet to get hot at the end of the season. A healthier roster will really be dangerous.

Even if we're hosting Wild Card weekend as AFC West champions, I love our chances of making a run.

Ken Bone
10-27-2019, 10:37 PM
I hate to spoil the ending for some of you young pups but at the end of the day we have Andy Reid, Spugs, Shitty McCoy and a Shitty Defense. We’re not winning the Super Bowl.

Megatron96
10-27-2019, 10:41 PM
This team when healthy will over-match every other team in the league. The defense is much improved over last year and over what they were playing like a few weeks ago.

Jesus, do you doubters realize that we nearly beat the Packers with a patch-work DL and a back-up QB that was coaching high school ball a few weeks ago?

And our defense sacked Rodgers 5 times, I don't know how many pressures, nearly picked him twice, and held their RB tandem to below their season average rushing?

Or that if it weren't for two receptions that were truly legend-status, we would've won that game?

Halfcan
10-27-2019, 10:41 PM
Should Reid be fired if we lose again in the playoffs?

Yes, he does the same asinine shit to blow games and never changes.

TEX
10-27-2019, 10:42 PM
The Chiefs are a great bet to get hot at the end of the season. A healthier roster will really be dangerous.

Even if we're hosting Wild Card weekend as AFC West champions, I love our chances of making a run.

No chance b/c something else will happen. Its just not the Chiefs year. How many times have you personally moved the line in the sand back from where you had it at the beginning of the season? I bet you had KC getting home field throughout in part b/c of Mahomes and an improved defense. Now you're good with WC Weekend. Sure, we have Mahomes, but he's injured. The OL is now missing 3 starters, and the defense is improved over last season in some areas, but still pathetic (unless playing Denver) and nowhere near good enough for any serious run.

The Chiefs may very well make the playoffs, but if so, I would not expect much.

chiefforlife
10-27-2019, 10:42 PM
I hate to spoil the ending for some of you young pups but at the end of the day we have Andy Reid, Spugs, Shitty McCoy and a Shitty Defense. We’re not winning the Super Bowl.

Battered Fan Syndrome.

TEX
10-27-2019, 10:45 PM
Veach needs to trade for a coverage LB by Tuesday

Veach has done enough damage. He needs to not do anymore. He had his chance all off season. It is what it is now.

TEX
10-27-2019, 10:48 PM
You could see how dangerous the offense can be when the full arsenal of weapons is out there tonight. Even Moore looked pretty darn good.

If Mahomes is there with everyone else on O, they won’t be a team that anyone wants to play.

The other team will just play keep away with 8 minute drives.

RaidersOftheCellar
10-28-2019, 07:36 AM
The other team will just play keep away with 8 minute drives.

If Spags’ blitz schemes can have some success against Rodgers, it can work against anybody.

This is exactly the style of defense we need to complement the offense and fully utilize our defensive personnel. This year we won’t suffer through Grandpa Bob’s “sit back and die from a thousand paper cuts” D.

Chris Meck
10-28-2019, 07:40 AM
Im sure Kirk Cousins noticed that...

Kirk Cousins would've left the field on a stretcher last night. Give Rodgers credit.

Hammock Parties
10-28-2019, 07:42 AM
But this is the moment that convinced me that KC can and will take the whole thing.

Same.

Team proved, beyond a shadow of a doubt, they are not just Mahomes.

When he comes back, the team will go on a run.

O.city
10-28-2019, 07:46 AM
I actually agree with clay gulp

Get jones and Clark back and keep playing defense like that. Get the offense healthy and they can beat anyone

Chris Meck
10-28-2019, 07:48 AM
Same.

Team proved, beyond a shadow of a doubt, they are not just Mahomes.

When he comes back, the team will go on a run.

This stretch of injuries is going to pay dividends down the road. Late in the year and play-off time, we're going to be much better for having to go through this.

We had 3 rookies and 3 2nd year guys taking the bulk of the snaps on defense. That experience is going to be BIG come play-off time.

The team needed to have to live without Mahomes for a stretch; they need their own identity, not just sit back and wait for Mahomes to win it.

They damn near beat Rodgers in a game in which they were missing like 7 of their best players.

Coaching staff prepared excellent game plans and almost stole it.

I feel very optimistic. If we can get healthy, we're gonna roll people.

Chargem
10-28-2019, 07:50 AM
There was a lot to like tonight. Solid run defense again, 5 sacks without Clark or Jones playing a snap, good performances from the O Line and skill positions to support a back up QB.

Yes, there are still holes in this roster. LB is still an issue. But as long as we don't make any future wrecking trades, the future is bright and I could see us becoming like a Saints team that is a pretty complete team all around.

pugsnotdrugs19
10-28-2019, 08:34 AM
Regardless of who comes back on D I don’t expect the D to be very good... but good enough, yes.

We need all our offensive pieces healthy. They look borderline unstoppable when they’re all out there with Mahomes.

Hammock Parties
10-28-2019, 08:41 AM
I actually agree with clay gulp

Get jones and Clark back and keep playing defense like that. Get the offense healthy and they can beat anyone

front four is pretty solid now

DBs have been good all year

we just need to fix the LBs

kcclone
10-28-2019, 09:04 AM
Lot of season left.

Let the team get healthy, play on the road in the playoffs (where they are better for some stupid ****ing reason), and see what happens.

The stupid reason we're better on the road is that we're playing shitty teams on the road and losing to playoff teams at home.

Last year in the regular season we were 2-4 vs playoff teams. Obviously we went 1-1 in the playoffs.

This year we're 1-3 vs teams that are likely playoff teams. Only one of those losses were without Pat.

There is a flaw with this team, and it has nothing to do with Arrowhead.

It has to do with the fact that we CANNOT count on our defense in the 4th Q to get a good QB off the field.

O.city
10-28-2019, 09:07 AM
I think he’s right too

The defense just hasn’t been good enough against good teams.

oldman
10-28-2019, 09:16 AM
That loss was a tough one, but I expected it to be a lot worse than it was. As with any loss, some of our more hysterical members are blaming everyone from Andy to the Gatorade guy. Trade for this guy, bench that one, and on and on.
Face it, we played a first ballot HOFer who made 2 ridiculous throws that changed the game. Sorenson was all over the receiver on the 34 yarder. Niemann provides pretty good coverage on the TD. Even the announcers thought he was throwing it away. We held the Pack to 118 yards rushing with Rodgers accounting for 29 of those. We sacked him 5 times. We did this without 3 defensive starters and a worn out DL.
Given our patchwork OL and no PMII, who would have thought a high school assistant coach would have kept it that close? Don't blame Buttkicker for missing a 50 yarder in a swirling wind.
Yes, McCoy's fumble didn't help and how we got torched twice by Jones is beyond me. You can question Reid all you want about not going for it on 4th and 3, but I'm not sure that wasn't the right call from our own 40 with over 5 minutes left. Would that have been the same call if Mahomes had been in the game? Maybe.
Bottom line is our D is improving, Andy needs to keep the playbook all the way open, and if we don't get a playoff bye, so be it. Win the AFC West and let the chips fall where they may.

FAX
10-28-2019, 09:20 AM
I'm very encouraged by recent events.

The first two home losses are bugging me, but not this last one. Clearly, the defense is improving each week. There is a stark difference between game 1 and the last two ... especially in the backfield.

If we can get the offense healthy and continue to improve, we have a shot at a late-season run.

FAX

pugsnotdrugs19
10-28-2019, 09:23 AM
I don’t think being a 3/4 seed would be the worst thing for these guys. Take the pressure off. A team like that playing as dogs is very dangerous.

Jerm
10-28-2019, 09:23 AM
I don’t think being a 3/4 seed would be the worst thing for these guys. Take the pressure off. A team like that playing as dogs is very dangerous.

This year was Super Bowl or bust...the pressure is there no matter what.

smithandrew051
10-28-2019, 09:26 AM
We still haven’t seen this team at full health. The closest we saw was like a quarter and a half of the Jacksonville game. Then, Tyreek went down.

We haven’t been healthy since before that.

As long as we don’t sustain any other major injuries, this will be the most dangerous team in the AFC when healthy.

RaidersOftheCellar
10-28-2019, 09:30 AM
That loss was a tough one, but I expected it to be a lot worse than it was. As with any loss, some of our more hysterical members are blaming everyone from Andy to the Gatorade guy. Trade for this guy, bench that one, and on and on.
Face it, we played a first ballot HOFer who made 2 ridiculous throws that changed the game. Sorenson was all over the receiver on the 34 yarder. Niemann provides pretty good coverage on the TD. Even the announcers thought he was throwing it away. We held the Pack to 118 yards rushing with Rodgers accounting for 29 of those. We sacked him 5 times. We did this without 3 defensive starters and a worn out DL.
Given our patchwork OL and no PMII, who would have thought a high school assistant coach would have kept it that close? Don't blame Buttkicker for missing a 50 yarder in a swirling wind.
Yes, McCoy's fumble didn't help and how we got torched twice by Jones is beyond me. You can question Reid all you want about not going for it on 4th and 3, but I'm not sure that wasn't the right call from our own 40 with over 5 minutes left. Would that have been the same call if Mahomes had been in the game? Maybe.
Bottom line is our D is improving, Andy needs to keep the playbook all the way open, and if we don't get a playoff bye, so be it. Win the AFC West and let the chips fall where they may.

Punting in that situation was absolutely not the right call. Reid has made some terrible late-game decisions recently.

But he also put together a great game plan and dialed up some excellent plays.

He should have gone for it, but I’m fairly certain he would have with Mahomes under center.

pugsnotdrugs19
10-28-2019, 09:55 AM
This year was Super Bowl or bust...the pressure is there no matter what.

It’s different for them if they’re sliding under the radar though...

RaidersOftheCellar
11-03-2019, 03:43 PM
Are you bitches starting to come around?

RaidersOftheCellar
01-11-2020, 09:40 PM
Bump.

It’s happening, bitches.