PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Should Mahomes play this week?

BigRedChief
10-28-2019, 05:40 PM
Doctors medically cleared him to play last week. He said publicly that if it was a playoff game, he’d played.

It’s your decision. Should Mahomes play this week against the Vikings?

WhiteWhale
10-28-2019, 05:41 PM
If he feels good, then yes.

I think he'll play.

CasselGotPeedOn
10-28-2019, 05:42 PM
Titans

Hydrae
10-28-2019, 05:43 PM
If Rick says he is good then fine but I do not expect him again this week. Let that ligament tighten a little more and don't worry about an NFC game.

New World Order
10-28-2019, 05:43 PM
No

A big no if Fisher isn't ready.

Rasputin
10-28-2019, 05:44 PM
If Eric Fisher plays then i would consider it but if not then nope

ChiefaRoo
10-28-2019, 05:46 PM
Champions play if healthy. If he’s cleared he should play and lead. Andy can protect him with the scheme.

Tribal Warfare
10-28-2019, 05:50 PM
Andy can protect him with the scheme.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight

Hammock Parties
10-28-2019, 05:58 PM
Riiiiiiiiiiiiight

He can actually.

He did this in Denver.

Tribal Warfare
10-28-2019, 06:02 PM
He can actually.

He did this in Denver.

His left ankle and right knee prove otherwise

Wallcrawler
10-28-2019, 06:03 PM
Champions play if healthy. If he’s cleared he should play and lead. Andy can protect him with the scheme.

Fuck you.

Try actually watching the first 6 games of the season and say that bullshit.

Hammock Parties
10-28-2019, 06:04 PM
His left ankle and right knee prove otherwise

Dude, a QB sneak has nothing to do with the scheme.

The Chiefs ran a very efficient short passing attack in that game that got the ball out of Pat's hands.

It was working great until a freak accident.

58-4ever
10-28-2019, 06:05 PM

The Chiefs ran a very efficient short passing attack in that game that got the ball out of Pat's hands.

Exactly.

The only other thing I'd consider is the ankle and how it feels... Otherwise, I would definitely play him. I think we beat the Vikings by 14 if him and Fisher play.

Kman34
10-28-2019, 06:06 PM
If the Docters clear him... Yes... Hope he doesn't try to talk his way back on the field...

Tribal Warfare
10-28-2019, 06:08 PM

It happened because of Andy's, decision. If you listen to any pro athlete that has played injured gave said it was a bad move.

"freak accident" is an excuse, PMII was playing with a bum ankle that he couldn't push off on.

Easy 6
10-28-2019, 06:09 PM
No, Moore can outduel Kirk Cousins in Arrowhead

Money got LUCKY with how things turned out, let’s not tempt fate... knuckle down and win this NFC game as a team without Mahomes

Bearcat
10-28-2019, 06:14 PM
I guess the question is whether you think 11 or 12 wins will be required for a first round bye... that's assuming "if it was a playoff game" means he's not nearly 100% (as much as you can be in late Oct.).

Hammock Parties
10-28-2019, 06:16 PM
It happened because of Andy's, decision. If you listen to any pro athlete that has played injured gave said it was a bad move.

"freak accident" is an excuse, PMII was playing with a bum ankle that he couldn't push off on.

All true.

None of which refutes my original point - Andy can protect Mahomes with the scheme. And did so in Denver.

Wallcrawler
10-28-2019, 06:16 PM
Matt Moore played well, and just as Andy Fucked Mahomes over in the Texans game, he did the same to Moore in this one. Surrendering the ball on 4th n 3 was unfathomably stupid.

Rest Mahomes, and let the backup earn his money.

If Reid keeps shoving his head up his ass, its not gonna matter who is under center anyway. Hes already waved the white flag and offered up his anus to the opposing team in two games with both qbs.

Get Patrick healthy enough to sprint and pull off the miracle plays its going to require to overcome Andys pant shitting on the sidelines.

A gimpy, non mobile Mahomes is a recipe for disaster. With the way injuries have been, it may just not be our year. Not risking the franchise on a coach who refused to protect him and run the football.

Reid has been complete ass this year.

IowaHawkeyeChief
10-28-2019, 06:18 PM
Matt Moore played well, and just as Andy ****ed Mahomes over in the Texans game, he did the same to Moore in this one. Surrendering the ball on 4th n 3 was unfathomably stupid.

If Reid keeps shoving his head up his ass, its not gonna matter who is under center anyway. Hes already waved the white flag and offered up his anus to the opposing team in two games with both qbs.

Get Patrick healthy enough to sprint and pull off the miracle plays its going to require to overcome Andys pant shitting on the sidelines.

A gimpy, non mobile Mahomes is a recipe for disaster. With the way injuries have been, it may just not be our year. Not risking the franchise on a coach who refused to protect him and run the football.

:rolleyes:

Bearcat
10-28-2019, 06:18 PM
Granted, looking at the Vikings' schedule, it's really no wonder they've won some games... jeez, the average NFL schedule is terrible.

FlaChief58
10-28-2019, 06:20 PM
If the doctors say he's good, then sure. I'd be good with sitting him another week though, mainly to give that ankle some more time

Tribal Warfare
10-28-2019, 06:21 PM
All true.

None of which refutes my original point - Andy can protect Mahomes with the scheme. And did so in Denver.

His right knee came up roses, he forgot to protect the franchise on the sneak

Hammock Parties
10-28-2019, 06:24 PM
His right knee came up roses, he forgot to protect the franchise on the sneak

Very true.

Original point still not refuted.

Andy can, and has, protected Mahomes with the gameplan.

You'll see it if he plays this weekend again.

Hboosboy
10-28-2019, 06:28 PM
Who is Mahones?

srvy
10-28-2019, 06:35 PM
If he can play he needs to we need to reverse this losing trend now. Nip it in the bud before it costs us a playoff game. You never know when a faider team might get on a run take division and we go home because our record isn't good enough for a wildcard. We also need to get some rhythm and put four quarters together.

FlaChief58
10-28-2019, 06:43 PM
Who is Mahones?

Your mom tells you he's your "uncle"

TLO
10-28-2019, 06:52 PM
If he's healthy, sure.

-King-
10-28-2019, 06:58 PM
Doctors cleared him to play? Link?

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
10-28-2019, 07:00 PM
Non-conference game, so no.

saphojunkie
10-28-2019, 07:01 PM
I want him back bad, but give Fisher and Wylie a week to get back up to speed.

Coochie liquor
10-28-2019, 07:05 PM
I would much rather sit him for this game. He still looks kinda gimpy walking around on the sidelines to me. I’d rather chance losing this meaningless game and have him in good shape for the stretch run. I’ve been saying for a while there is no HFA at Arrowhead. We don’t get the calls there, we don’t even have a winning record there this year. Fuck HFA. I like our chances going into someone else’s house healthy over being beat up at home. We didn’t get the calls against NE in the AFCCG, and I can all but guarantee we wouldn’t get them there again if it played out that way this year. Rest him and the ankle and knee one more week and then run the table when everyone comes back.

srvy
10-28-2019, 07:13 PM
I would much rather sit him for this game. He still looks kinda gimpy walking around on the sidelines to me. I’d rather chance losing this meaningless game and have him in good shape for the stretch run. I’ve been saying for a while there is no HFA at Arrowhead. We don’t get the calls there, we don’t even have a winning record there this year. Fuck HFA. I like our chances going into someone else’s house healthy over being beat up at home. We didn’t get the calls against NE in the AFCCG, and I can all but guarantee we wouldn’t get them there again if it played out that way this year. Rest him and the ankle and knee one more week and then run the table when everyone comes back.

He is ready its a ruse to keep the Vikes guessing who they face.

Meatloaf
10-28-2019, 07:26 PM
If the docs say he’s ready, then by damn, he should play. I’m tired of guys missing games because they have an Owie. This is the most pussified Chiefs team I can remember. Frankly, I blame Reid for cultivating this soft mentality. No wonder he’s viewed as a players coach.

Player: “Hey coach, I have an Owie.”

Reid: “Sounds day-to-day to me......errrr......make that week-to-week.”

Unbelievable.

Marcellus
10-28-2019, 07:27 PM
If the docs say he’s ready, then by damn, he should play. I’m tired of guys missing games because they have an Owie. This is the most pussified Chiefs team I can remember. Frankly, I blame Reid for cultivating this soft mentality. No wonder he’s viewed as a players coach.

Player: “Hey coach, I have an Owie.”

Reid: “Sounds day-to-day to me......errrr......make that week-to-week.”

Unbelievable.

There is literally zero evidence to support this belief. We actually just had 2 players try to play through injury and couldn't do it.

Jerok
10-28-2019, 07:31 PM
Non-conference game, so no.

Doesn't really matter at this point. We need 12-4 to have a realistic shot at the 2 seed.

Marcellus
10-28-2019, 07:34 PM
Mahomes should and will play, the only thing keeping anyone from thinking this is "because Chiefs" so they have already forgotten the multitude of curses Mahomes has already destroyed.

The only reason we are talking about Mahomes playing again this season is because he is Mahomes. Dude is not normal, stop acting like he is.

ptlyon
10-28-2019, 07:36 PM
Halftime of the MNF game they are talking Mahomes

Meatloaf
10-28-2019, 07:37 PM
There is literally zero evidence to support this belief. We actually just had 2 players try to play through injury and couldn't do it.

Sorry Marcellus, I know I have no proof, but since when is that required for a take on CP? Actually, I’m drawing this conclusion from the VAST amount of “minor” (non-season ending injuries) we have sustained. Let me ask, do you REALLY think Watkins couldn’t have played with his umpteenth injury? I think we have a bunch of guys who could play, but Reid and staff wanna be safe (as in conservative). Andy needs to grow a pair. But........maybe, that’s just me being frustrated with this team.

Marcellus
10-28-2019, 07:41 PM
Sorry Marcellus, I know I have no proof, but since when is that required for a take on CP? Actually, I’m drawing this conclusion from the VAST amount of “minor” (non-season ending injuries) we have sustained. Let me ask, do you REALLY think Watkins couldn’t have played with his umpteenth injury? I think we have a bunch of guys who could play, but Reid and staff wanna be safe (as in conservative). Andy needs to grow a pair. But........maybe, that’s just me being frustrated with this team.

No I do not think Watkins could have played, why do you think he tried to go and couldn't? Was it his imagination? Are you at all familiar with hamstring injuries? Are you familiar with groin injuries? Those aren't the types of things you just try to play through because thats exactly how you make them much worse and end a season.

This is a perfect example of you "apparently" not knowing what you are talking about and using emotion to dictate your beliefs. Watkins 2x has tried to come back too soon and missed time.

Fisher had surgery, was that unnecessary too?

These guys play football they get hurt, its that simple. I get its frustrating.

chiefzilla1501
10-28-2019, 07:46 PM

No, just the opposite. Watkins and Fisher got hurt because we rushed him back the first time. At least it seems with Fisher, Watkins this time around and now Tyreek and Jones (and hopefully, it would appear, Mahomes) we're starting to become more conservative about when we bring players back.

Marcellus
10-28-2019, 07:51 PM
No, just the opposite. Watkins and Fisher got hurt because we rushed him back the first time. At least it seems with Fisher, Watkins this time around and now Tyreek and Jones (and hopefully, it would appear, Mahomes) we're starting to become more conservative about when we bring players back.

There is zero evidence to support this belief as well.

Chiefnj2
10-28-2019, 08:39 PM
Fisher didn't get worse because they played him.

crayzkirk
10-29-2019, 01:43 AM
Play him, don't play him. With the linebacking corps problems, it might not matter. Mahomes isn't going to be covering any backs out of the backfield or filling gaps in the line to stuff runs. This isn't the Broncos the Chiefs are going to be playing, the vikings are a pretty good team.

JakeF
10-29-2019, 02:29 AM
Not before Fisher is ready.

JakeF
10-29-2019, 02:31 AM
Fisher didn't get worse because they played him.
So it's just a coincidence that several of our players go out after getting hurt and then end up being out for a long time. Just bad luck, poor us.

TEX
10-29-2019, 02:31 AM
I would much rather sit him for this game. He still looks kinda gimpy walking around on the sidelines to me. I’d rather chance losing this meaningless game and have him in good shape for the stretch run. I’ve been saying for a while there is no HFA at Arrowhead. We don’t get the calls there, we don’t even have a winning record there this year. **** HFA. I like our chances going into someone else’s house healthy over being beat up at home. We didn’t get the calls against NE in the AFCCG, and I can all but guarantee we wouldn’t get them there again if it played out that way this year. Rest him and the ankle and knee one more week and then run the table when everyone comes back.

This.
Personally,Id rest him until after the bye.

Nickhead
10-29-2019, 02:50 AM
if he didn't have the ankle, i would say yes :thumb:

Marcellus
10-29-2019, 03:51 AM
Play him, don't play him. With the linebacking corps problems, it might not matter. Mahomes isn't going to be covering any backs out of the backfield or filling gaps in the line to stuff runs. This isn't the Broncos the Chiefs are going to be playing, the vikings are a pretty good team.

We just lost to the Packers by 7, you don't think Mahomes is worth 7+ points a game?

Marcellus
10-29-2019, 03:51 AM
if he didn't have the ankle, i would say yes :thumb:

How is his ankle doing?

JD10367
10-29-2019, 05:49 AM
He should play. The Vikings are not a pushover. I’m sure they can fit him with a knee brace to protect him. Even though it will limit his prized mobility, what’s better: a knee braced Mahomes or a healthy Matt Moore?

KCJake
10-29-2019, 05:51 AM
Only if his spirit is in it

DTVietnam
10-29-2019, 05:58 AM
I would much rather sit him for this game. He still looks kinda gimpy walking around on the sidelines to me. I’d rather chance losing this meaningless game and have him in good shape for the stretch run. I’ve been saying for a while there is no HFA at Arrowhead. We don’t get the calls there, we don’t even have a winning record there this year. **** HFA. I like our chances going into someone else’s house healthy over being beat up at home. We didn’t get the calls against NE in the AFCCG, and I can all but guarantee we wouldn’t get them there again if it played out that way this year. Rest him and the ankle and knee one more week and then run the table when everyone comes back.

how is this game meaningless?

oldman
10-29-2019, 07:02 AM
I'm on the fence about this. Yes, the medical staff has cleared him, but let's get real, they don't have a stellar reputation in my book. Yes, the kid wants to play, but if he's still gimpy, I'm not ready to send him back out there.
Let's also get real that HFA is a pipe dream at this point and maybe a 1st round bye is too. Our chance of a shot at the SB rests solely on the shoulders of a 24 year old Patrick Mahomes II and if he isn't on the field for the rest of the season, kiss not only the SB goodbye, but perhaps even the AFCW title.
There's no need to say yay or nay on a Tuesday when the game is on Sunday. Let's see what this week brings.

MahiMike
10-29-2019, 07:17 AM
Wow the vote is close. Sit him until after the bye.

BlackHelicopters
10-29-2019, 02:32 PM
Andy can protect him with the scheme.

What?

Rausch
10-29-2019, 02:37 PM

This. Even with Mahomes there's a good chance we lose to the Vikings.

Let the man heal up as much as possible and perhaps play him the week before the bye. That gives him two weeks to heal up after his first game back and hopefully our line will have a few guys back...

crayzkirk
10-29-2019, 02:41 PM
We just lost to the Packers by 7, you don't think Mahomes is worth 7+ points a game?

I think the game would have played out much differently with Mahomes in. The Packers would have played differently and the Chiefs would have played differently.

Shiver Me Timbers
10-29-2019, 02:50 PM
Suit him up
start Moore
Screw with the odds makers heads

BlackOp
10-29-2019, 03:10 PM
If he isn't healed then no...but for reasons beyond that.

I hope Reid and Mahomes take note of how effective playing "small ball" is...teams are scared to death of Hill.

If Mahomes can quit chucking it 25 yards every play...they will be a much better football team. The defense wont be gassed by the 3rd quarter...

Still take your shots...but burn the clock too. It'll force teams like NE to quit double-teaming Hill as you are nickle and diming them to death.

It'll keep Mahomes from taking too many hits...

They had a drive like this vs. the Texans and it looked like child's play...

DJ's left nut
10-29-2019, 03:15 PM
He's gonna play and I'm gonna absolutely dread every drop back.

I really wish they'd just keep him out through the bye. This division is dog-ass and the 2 seed is almost certainly an afterthought. Get this kid 100% healthy.

The most important asset this team has had in 50 years ain't nothing to fuck with...

pugsnotdrugs19
10-29-2019, 03:17 PM
I don’t think he plays.

Maybe if it were an AFC game, but not for this.

New World Order
10-29-2019, 03:19 PM

I really wish they'd just keep him out through the bye. This division is dog-ass and the 2 seed is almost certainly an afterthought. Get this kid 100% healthy.

The most important asset this team has had in 50 years ain't nothing to **** with...

If he plays Fisher better play.

RunKC
10-29-2019, 03:20 PM

The most important asset this team has had in 50 years ain't nothing to **** with...

The way it’s looking, I’d like to be the 3 seed.

Bills at home in the WC should be a comfortable win.

Then (hopefully) the Ravens go to New England while we play the in a dome on turf against a team that we can beat if healthy.

If we don’t get the 2 seed I’d be fine with that path.

ChiefBlueCFC
10-29-2019, 03:20 PM
If he is medically cleared, feels good, and doesn't have limited flexibility due to injury then... yes absolutely.

pugsnotdrugs19
10-29-2019, 03:38 PM

Then (hopefully) the Ravens go to New England while we play the in a dome on turf against a team that we can beat if healthy.

If we don’t get the 2 seed I’d be fine with that path.

Yeah that’s actually not bad at all

BigRedChief
10-30-2019, 07:42 AM
Wow the vote is close. Sit him until after the bye.I know 100% would agree with this............

<samp class="EmbedCode-container"><code class="EmbedCode-code"><blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Who else can’t wait for this guy to be back on the field? <a href="https://t.co/lsDVTjOQBT">pic.twitter.com/lsDVTjOQBT</a></p>&mdash; Kansas City Media (@KansasCityMedia) <a href="https://twitter.com/KansasCityMedia/status/1189317397011927043?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 29, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> </code></samp>
<samp class="EmbedCode-container"><code class="EmbedCode-code"><twitter-widget class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" id="twitter-widget-0" style="position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; transform: rotate(0deg); max-width: 100%; width: 500px; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;" data-tweet-id="1189317397011927043"></twitter-widget> <script async="" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> </code></samp><iframe scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets/widget_iframe.2d991e3dfc9abb2549972ce8b64c5d85.html?origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.chiefsplanet.com" title="Twitter settings iframe" style="display: none;" frameborder="0"></iframe><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium none;" title="Twitter analytics iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe><iframe scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets/widget_iframe.2d991e3dfc9abb2549972ce8b64c5d85.html?origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.chiefsplanet.com" title="Twitter settings iframe" style="display: none;" frameborder="0"></iframe>

BigRedChief
10-30-2019, 07:46 AM

If we don’t get the 2 seed I’d be fine with that path.WC or #2 seed doesn't matter as much as the #1 impacting reason of our fate in the playoffs. Without a healthy Mahomes in the playoffs, we will eventually get beat.

Hammock Parties
10-30-2019, 07:51 AM
Go look at BJ's video showing Moore's pinpoint throws into tight windows last week.

We can sit Mahomes one more week.

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RMOlkXuTLm8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

58-4ever
10-30-2019, 07:52 AM
I think he'll play. Home game. We could really use a win.

ptlyon
10-30-2019, 07:52 AM
I miss Gaz :(

O.city
10-30-2019, 07:55 AM

They went 5-3 the back half of last year to finish 12-4 after a 7-1 start.

Why couldn't they do that again this year just in reverse?

I'm not conceding the 2 seed yet.

BigRedChief
10-30-2019, 08:03 AM
They went 5-3 the back half of last year to finish 12-4 after a 7-1 start.

Why couldn't they do that again this year just in reverse?

I'm not conceding the 2 seed yet.Counting on this team going into NE and beating them? Can we? Sure, an Alex Smith led team did at one time. But........ counting on running the table:hmmm:

Hammock Parties
10-30-2019, 08:05 AM
Counting on this team going into NE and beating them? Can we? Sure, an Alex Smith led team did at one time. But........ counting on running the table:hmmm:

This is the worst Patriots team since Manning beat them in the AFCCG.

No threats on offense. Defense has good DBs and not much else.

The Chiefs can beat this Pats team solely with gameplanning and execution. We are vastly more talented.

O.city
10-30-2019, 08:07 AM
Counting on this team going into NE and beating them? Can we? Sure, an Alex Smith led team did at one time. But........ counting on running the table:hmmm:

They don't have to though. Go 7-1.

Beat the Chargers 2 times, the Raiders, Bears, Broncos, Titans, Vikings.

If you lose in Foxboro, oh well. I'm pretty sure if you could go score 28 plus on that defense you'll beat them but who knows.

arrwheader
10-30-2019, 08:08 AM
He was medically cleared, if he feels good then play him. I could see the Chiefs making the decision for him but If it's up to Mahomes he isn't going to sit it out.

TEX
10-30-2019, 08:09 AM
No. Id rest him another week.

BigRedChief
10-30-2019, 08:12 AM
They don't have to though. Go 7-1.

Beat the Chargers 2 times, the Raiders, Bears, Broncos, Titans, Vikings.

If you lose in Foxboro, oh well. I'm pretty sure if you could go score 28 plus on that defense you'll beat them but who knows.I was assuming you were counting the Vikings as a loss because we are playing Moore.

loochy
10-30-2019, 08:15 AM
Go look at BJ's video showing Moore's pinpoint throws into tight windows last week.

We can sit Mahomes one more week.

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RMOlkXuTLm8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Moore is really awesome. We should just trade Mahomes for a boatload of picks.

BigRedChief
10-30-2019, 08:17 AM
This is the worst Patriots team since Manning beat them in the AFCCG.

No threats on offense. Defense has good DBs and not much else.

The Chiefs can beat this Pats team solely with gameplanning and execution. We are vastly more talented.I agree they are a paper tiger with that schedile. Brady looks like he's lost a step at 42 years old. No Gronk. I agree, beatable for sure. But....... counting on that win or else your a #3 seed is a path I'd rather not go down.

I'd feel a lot more comfortable with a #2 seed possibility if we beat the Vikes. Plus, losing 4 games at home? 1/2 their games? And then end up going to a Super Bowl? Thats a very weird path.

ptlyon
10-30-2019, 08:19 AM
Have him throw 4 touchdowns in a quarter like against the Raiders and then sit him

O.city
10-30-2019, 08:20 AM
If he's at such a risk of hurting it again, don't play him.

smithandrew051
10-30-2019, 08:20 AM
I’ll rip my dick off if he doesn’t play.

If he does, I’ll jerk so hard my dick comes off!!!

ptlyon
10-30-2019, 08:21 AM
I’ll rip my dick off if he doesn’t play.

If he does, I’ll jerk so hard my dick comes off!!!

Society wins either way!

RockChalk
10-30-2019, 08:28 AM
Without Fisher, possibly without LDT. Against that Vikings front 4 and pass rush scheme, I'd prefer he sits. He doesn't need to be out there scrambling for his life, especially if his ankle is not 100% yet.

I'm also not sure why everyone is concerned about Wylie. Rankin has looked better in about every possible way.

O.city
10-30-2019, 08:33 AM
I think Wisnieswki would be better than LDT as well.

smithandrew051
10-30-2019, 08:41 AM
Society wins either way!

The only loser here is my feelings

O.city
10-30-2019, 08:54 AM
This is a prime example of why all those times people said Manning and Brady were pussies for taking dives in the pocket were just wrong.

Mahomes needs to be more cautious. Avoid hits at all cost. Qb's are too valuable.

KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN
10-30-2019, 09:45 AM
If the doctors clear him and he wants to play I don't think there's any way to keep him on the bench. Athletes know there are risks every time they play a game. His competitive nature won't allow him to watch from the sidelines while his teammates are playing a game. It's better for his psyche to be out there leading his teammates and doing everything that he can to help his team win. When you only have 16 regular season games every win is important and having Pat as our leader gives us the best chance to win!

Megatron96
10-30-2019, 02:40 PM
Steve Young said it was the right call. A bunch of former players between ESPN and FoxSports had no problem with the call.

Whatever. Lamar Jackson goes for it, and runs it in from the 10, getting hit three times in the process, and everyone's like, "wow, why can't we do that?" Andy goes for it, and calls the statistically safest QB running play ever invented, and by a fluke, Pat gets injured, and CP screams, "WHY DID HE DO THAT???"

Dumb.

Anyway, back to the OP. If the doctor's cleared him, and he looks good in practice, and he wants to go, he should play, simple as that.

Tribal Warfare
10-30-2019, 08:44 PM
Steve Young said it was the right call. A bunch of former players between ESPN and FoxSports had no problem with the call.

Whatever. Lamar Jackson goes for it, and runs it in from the 10, getting hit three times in the process, and everyone's like, "wow, why can't we do that?" Andy goes for it, and calls the statistically safest QB running play ever invented, and by a fluke, Pat gets injured, and CP screams, "WHY DID HE DO THAT???"

Dumb.

Anyway, back to the OP. If the doctor's cleared him, and he looks good in practice, and he wants to go, he should play, simple as that.

It's Dumb not looking at the circumstance instead of quantitative bullshit, the kid couldn't push off on his left ankle which inherently creates a greater chance of injury.

GoHuge
10-30-2019, 09:29 PM
If he and the doctors are on the same page I say let him play. I don't think he can injure the knee anymore by playing on it. I've read up on this injury more than I care to admit, but there's no way he didn't injure, tear, sprain one of ligaments when he dislocated the patella. This could be a surgery must have in offseason or maybe Pat is part rubber. Guy isn't even listed on the injury report with a high ankle sprain. Usually a 3-4 week deal for most guys. Idk if he can't injure it any further other is going to need surgery after the year I say let's go. Hey if he goes down like he did and pointing at his right knee...we won't be waiting in agony desperately trying to figure out what happened.

BlackOp
10-31-2019, 02:47 AM
NFL (Kraft) has essentially gifted NE HFA...and the Chiefs suck at home.

Rest him as long as possible...KC averaged 3 ppg more on the road last year.

At full strength, the Chiefs are the best team in the AFC. Let them play 3 playoff games away from Arrowhead.

Mahomes shouldn't sniff the field until the left side of their line returns.

Rushing him back doesn't make any difference at this point...Patriots would have to lose 4 out of the next five. Their last few games are against the 0-8 Bengals w/o Dalton and the 0-7 Dolphins.

It's moot...doesn't matter what seed they have if they are healthy. The officials will ultimately decide who goes to the SB....like they have the past two years. If this is Brady's farewell year...there is no way the NFL allows him to miss the big game.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-31-2019, 03:16 AM
If that knee cap pops out again just let Tardiff put it back in while in the huddle and keep rolling

UChieffyBugger
10-31-2019, 03:51 AM
NFL (Kraft) has essentially gifted NE HFA...and the Chiefs suck at home.

Rest him as long as possible...KC averaged 3 ppg more on the road last year.

At full strength, the Chiefs are the best team in the AFC. Let them play 3 playoff games away from Arrowhead.

Mahomes shouldn't sniff the field until the left side of their line returns.

Rushing him back doesn't make any difference at this point...Patriots would have to lose 4 out of the next five. Their last few games are against the 0-8 Bengals w/o Dalton and the 0-7 Dolphins.

It's moot...doesn't matter what seed they have if they are healthy. The officials will ultimately decide who goes to the SB....like they have the past two years. If this is Brady's farewell year...there is no way the NFL allows him to miss the big game.

Firstly the Pats have the Ravens, Cowboys, Eagles and Bills still to play as well as a match up with us. So there is still a chance we could catch them IF we were to beat them and win out from here on. But in reality even if that doesn't happen what about getting a buy? We can't just sacrifice that for the sake of being overly cautious.

If Pat is moving well, feels good and the doctors clear him to play then he should play imo. His injury was a fluke that showed no damage in his mri and apparently won't even need surgery so let's just let Pat and the medical folks be the deciders instead of speculating guys.

JakeF
10-31-2019, 04:11 AM
only if Fisher is really ready to go too

Megatron96
10-31-2019, 04:17 AM
It's Dumb not looking at the circumstance instead of quantitative bullshit, the kid couldn't push off on his left ankle which inherently creates a greater chance of injury.

Really? I would like to see whatever data or evidence that you might have access to that validates that idea. Specifically anything that pertains to quarterbacks in the NFL. Thanks.

JakeF
10-31-2019, 04:25 AM
Really? I would like to see whatever data or evidence that you might have access to that validates that idea. Specifically anything that pertains to quarterbacks in the NFL. Thanks.Actually sports people talk about it all the time. Pitchers in baseball, QBs in football ... an injury to a leg will altar the throwing motion, running etc and could lead to another injury.

Mahomes couldn't push with his hurt leg so he put all the weight and pushing power on his other leg. It's pretty logical to conclude that poor weight distribution and increased impact could contribute to an injury on the healthy leg.

Megatron96
10-31-2019, 04:32 AM
If he and the doctors are on the same page I say let him play. I don't think he can injure the knee anymore by playing on it. I've read up on this injury more than I care to admit, but there's no way he didn't injure, tear, sprain one of ligaments when he dislocated the patella. This could be a surgery must have in offseason or maybe Pat is part rubber. Guy isn't even listed on the injury report with a high ankle sprain. Usually a 3-4 week deal for most guys. Idk if he can't injure it any further other is going to need surgery after the year I say let's go. Hey if he goes down like he did and pointing at his right knee...we won't be waiting in agony desperately trying to figure out what happened.

He never had a high ankle sprain.

If there was ANY Damage to his ligaments, it would’ve shown up in the MRI.

I don’t understand how there wasn’t some tearing, but the MRI didn’t show any, nor did it show any bone chipping, so all that’s left is soreness, and possibly an increased risk of dislocating it again. Something like 20% iirc.

There’s no rational or logical reason to keep him off the field if there’s no damage or tearing or pain. The scan came back clean, the docs say he’s fine, he says he’s fine.

The only reason to keep him on the sidelines at this point is “voodoo.” Superstitious BS.

If we’re going to operate the team based on “feelings” we might as well trade him away now and just Sign back-up QBs on the cheap so we never have to worry about it anymore.

I hear Ryan Leaf is available.

BlackOp
10-31-2019, 04:46 AM
There’s no rational or logical reason to keep him off the field if there’s no damage or tearing or pain.

I think that the entire left side of his OL being out is a logical reason... that and he still looks gimpy.

The Vikings game is inconsequential...Colts/Texans/Packers faced a beat up team. Shit..Colts faced KC without Watkins AND Hill...

Mahomes hasn't looked right since he hurt his ankle...let him heal up and get ready for WC weekend.

Unfortuantley, Chiefs have to play "long ball" strategy this year....bank on the fact that once the team is healthy, they are the best AFC team regardless of location.

Megatron96
10-31-2019, 05:19 AM
I think that the entire left side of his OL being out is a logical reason... that and he still looks gimpy.

The Vikings game is inconsequential...Colts/Texans/Packers faced a beat up team. Shit..Colts faced KC without Watkins AND Hill...

Mahomes hasn't looked right since he hurt his ankle...let him heal up and get ready for WC weekend.

Unfortuantley, Chiefs have to play "long ball" strategy this year....bank on the fact that once the team is healthy, they are the best AFC team regardless of location.

Well that’s the caveat that was in my original post, isn’t it? If he feels pain, or he’s gimpy, then he probably shouldn’t play.

But if I’m not mistaken, the doctors have cleared him to play. The MRI scan shows no tearing. Mahomes says he’s not feeling pain. If all of these things are true, then he should play.

If it were the quarterback for any other team, we’d like expect him the play at that point.

Megatron96
10-31-2019, 05:21 AM
Actually sports people talk about it all the time. Pitchers in baseball, QBs in football ... an injury to a leg will altar the throwing motion, running etc and could lead to another injury.

Mahomes couldn't push with his hurt leg so he put all the weight and pushing power on his other leg. It's pretty logical to conclude that poor weight distribution and increased impact could contribute to an injury on the healthy leg.

So no data or evidence specifically related to QBs injuring themselves during sneaks. Got it.

GloryDayz
10-31-2019, 06:25 AM
Depends on how the spirits of the O-linemen feel. Until the spirits vote we'll keep the 'ol thumb horizontal...

https://leewoof.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/caesar_thumbs_up_or_thumbs_down.jpg

displacedinMN
10-31-2019, 06:31 AM
I wish. But money is on No.

UChieffyBugger
10-31-2019, 06:31 AM

Not true. He hurt his ankle against the Jags and then was totally fine against the Raiders, Ravens and Lions..hell he even ran for 50 yards in Detriot. The only times he's had ankle problems were when O-line men stepped on it which happened against the Colts and Texans. So folks need to quit acting like the ankle has been a major issue all season when that's just not case.

KChiefs1
10-31-2019, 06:35 AM
Not true. He hurt his ankle against the Jags and then was totally fine against the Raiders, Ravens and Lions..hell he even ran for 50 yards in Detriot. The only times he's had ankle problems were when O-line men stepped on it which happened against the Colts and Texans. So folks need to quit acting like the ankle has been a major issue all season when that's just not case.

He wasn’t totally fine against the Faid, Ravens or Lions. The injury happened vs the Jags.

UChieffyBugger
10-31-2019, 06:54 AM
He wasn’t totally fine against the Faid, Ravens or Lions. The injury happened vs the Jags.

Yes the injury happened against the jags but there was no signs of ankle problems in the next three games hence why he was able to run for 50 yards in detriot.

Warrick
10-31-2019, 06:57 AM
Yes the injury happened against the jags but there was no signs of ankle problems in the next three games hence why he was able to run for 50 yards in detriot.

Bullshit, he reaggravated that same ankle and was limping in some of those games after he was hit.

UChieffyBugger
10-31-2019, 07:08 AM
Bullshit, he reaggravated that same ankle and was limping in some of those games after he was hit.

Lol yeah ok buddy..pat no doubt ran for 50 yards in Detriot ON CRUTCHES!!! LMAO

Warrick
10-31-2019, 07:22 AM
Lol yeah ok buddy..pat no doubt ran for 50 yards in Detriot ON CRUTCHES!!! LMAO

The kid is strong - no doubt, and just because he ran for 50 yards in one game, it doesn't mean that he wasn't playing (while he was) hurt in the three games you were talking about earlier.

UChieffyBugger
10-31-2019, 07:38 AM
The kid is strong - no doubt, and just because he ran for 50 yards in one game, it doesn't mean that he wasn't playing hurt in the three games you were talking about earlier.

I've already detailed the proof. In the jags game he got injured. In the next three games he was fine and then against the Colts and Texans his ankle got stepped on which caused him to limp and effected his performance.

luv
10-31-2019, 07:40 AM
Depends on how the spirits of the O-linemen feel. Until the spirits vote we'll keep the 'ol thumb horizontal...

https://leewoof.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/caesar_thumbs_up_or_thumbs_down.jpg

This sums up my opinion as well. He's cleared, yes, but it's up to him. Who else is returning this week?

Warrick
10-31-2019, 07:55 AM
He was dealing with that same ankle injury all year, You can't honestly sit there and tell me you didn't see him a step or two slower in result of that ankle injury in those games. He took unnecessary hits in those games, and couldn't roll out of the pocket the same... I wouldn't say that was fine by any standards.

By the way, his ankle was stepped on in the Colts game and "rolled" on again in the Texans game.

King_Chief_Fan
10-31-2019, 08:29 AM
If he feels good, then yes.

I think he'll play.

we all know that Mahomes will say he is fine

It shouldn't be his decision, medical community must confirm

Marcellus
10-31-2019, 08:33 AM

Really? How do you know how his ankle is doing? Last report I read said he looked 100% during warmups Sunday night. I have heard zero reports on his ankle being gimpy. ZERO.

Marcellus
10-31-2019, 08:35 AM
Actually sports people talk about it all the time. Pitchers in baseball, QBs in football ... an injury to a leg will altar the throwing motion, running etc and could lead to another injury.

No moron, the ****ing defensive lineman driving his leg into the side of Mahones knee caused the injury. Its been reported Mahomes genetically has "Loose" ligaments which also contributed to the dislocation.

JFC did you or others even watch the game?

Lzen
10-31-2019, 10:21 AM
Society wins either way!

Killin it, as usual. ROFL

scho63
10-31-2019, 10:25 AM
What about starting Mahomes and IF, a big IF we get a big lead, he comes out?
Or if we are down big he comes out?

kcxiv
10-31-2019, 10:31 AM
i put yes, becuase the other options kinda are meh! if he's ready and he's can do what he needs too, he needs to be in there.

mosslost
10-31-2019, 10:55 AM
You are not getting a bye if you don't start playing him. But perhaps the big picture is more important at this point.

BlackOp
10-31-2019, 10:58 AM
Just get to the play-offs healthy...other teams are going to have injuries too. Houston just lost Watt...there are 8 games left.

Mahomes gets hurt again, the post-season is dead. A wasted season...

Tribal Warfare
10-31-2019, 01:01 PM
No moron, the ****ing defensive lineman driving his leg into the side of Mahones knee caused the injury. Its been reported Mahomes genetically has "Loose" ligaments which also contributed to the dislocation.

JFC did you or others even watch the game?

Mahomes couldn't protect his legs either due to said injury, there were numerous times last season when Mahomes was just quick enough to protect his legs because he didn't have said ankle injury.

You are making excuses, he was injured unable to protect himself, because of that, and now he's more fucked up because of a senseless call.

Megatron96
10-31-2019, 01:05 PM
Mahomes couldn't protect his legs either due to said injury, there were numerous times last season when Mahomes was just quick enough to protect his legs because he didn't have said ankle injury.

You are making excuses, he was injured unable to protect himself, because of that, and now he's more ****ed up because of a senseless call.

I'm sorry I don't mean to interrupt, but how exactly do you "protect your legs" during a QB sneak?

Tribal Warfare
10-31-2019, 01:09 PM
I'm sorry I don't mean to interrupt, but how exactly do you "protect your legs" during a QB sneak?

How did Marcus Allen protect his legs? Leg drive

Marcellus
10-31-2019, 01:19 PM

You are making excuses, he was injured unable to protect himself, because of that, and now he's more ****ed up because of a senseless call.

You are making stupid shit up is what is happening here.

Marcellus
10-31-2019, 01:19 PM

You are seriously talking straight out of your ass.

Tribal Warfare
10-31-2019, 01:25 PM
You are seriously talking straight out of your ass.

Nice retort, tap out accepted

Marcellus
10-31-2019, 01:28 PM
Nice retort, tap out accepted

Look dude, the more dumb shit you say, the more its on you, not me. No idea how I tapped out on this.

You are literally just making up shit based off nothing but what you want to think. That's pretty fucking stupid no matter how you want to spin it.

There is ZERO evidence that anything but the DL leg and Mahomes' stretchy ligaments caused the dislocation. ZERO. To think his left ankle had anything to do with it is epically stupid.

Megatron96
10-31-2019, 01:29 PM

“Leg drive . . .”

All righty then. . . Good to know.

mosslost
10-31-2019, 02:13 PM
>>Should Mahomes play this week?

no

arrwheader
10-31-2019, 02:34 PM
Still with the 2s today, don't think he is gonna play.

chiefzilla1501
10-31-2019, 02:44 PM

Every physical therapist I've read or talked to seems to believe the injury has nothing to do with the ankle injury. So I'm going to go with them on this. I didn't love calling it with the ankle injury but it appears to be a very separate injury.

TimeForWasp
10-31-2019, 02:48 PM
He is not injury prone. He is a tough guy.
We need to start our winning ways. THIS WEEK.

He should at least suit up and maiybe let Moore start.

If the score is at risk , bring him in. WE NEED HIM.

arrwheader
10-31-2019, 02:50 PM
He is not injury prone. He is a tough guy.
We need to start our winning ways. THIS WEEK.

He should at least suit up and maiybe let Moore start.

If the score is at risk , bring him in. WE NEED HIM.

We 100% do need him. Front Office ins't gonna risk the heat they would take if they throw him out there now is my guess. I mean pretty much everyone in the media is calling for him to sit. A lot of other people in general are too. I Think they are reading that pulse.

I think they should play him if he's cleared and wants too, wins are important even if they are NFC opponents.

BossChief
10-31-2019, 05:03 PM
Their DL is very good and our OL is at half strength. I don’t think I’d play him till Fisher returns. The kid IS the franchise. If he re-injures the knee, it could be a huge deal. Just let it heal and protect the kid from himself. Even if that means he sits till after the bye.

That’s a whole lot better than re-injury that might cost him a calendar year.

Iconic
10-31-2019, 05:14 PM
If Andy doesn't ask Mahomes to hold the ball, but rather just ask him to manage the game, I'd be totally fine with starting him this week.

But realistically I don't see any way Andy takes that chance. Not when facing one of the best rushing duos in the NFL. Hunter and Griffen will probably annihilate our O-Line this Sunday.

Megatron96
10-31-2019, 05:59 PM
The Packers have a pretty good pass rushing duo and they only got to Matt twice.

If they wanted to play Pat I think Andy could easily scheme up a lot of the same types of designs and keep him pretty clean.

Note: I don't believe for one minute that Pat is going to play, just blue-skying here.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-31-2019, 06:01 PM
Gut feeling is Matt will start.

FloridaMan88
10-31-2019, 06:05 PM
The fact he hasn’t progressed to full practice participant is not a good sign for his availability this Sunday.

pugsnotdrugs19
10-31-2019, 06:08 PM
The fact he hasn’t progressed to full practice participant is not a good sign for his availability this Sunday.

It means that he hasn’t taken the #1 reps for certain.

He won’t play this week and I’m totally good with that...

Chieftain
10-31-2019, 06:11 PM
Pat needs another week off. He should be fine against the Titans. We can pull this one off if team plays like they did against GB.

PHOG
10-31-2019, 06:12 PM
The Packers have a pretty good pass rushing duo and they only got to Matt twice.

If they wanted to play Pat I think Andy could easily scheme up a lot of the same types of designs and keep him pretty clean.

Note: I don't believe for one minute that Pat is going to play, just blue-skying here.

My thoughts also. They had Moore getting rid of the ball very quick Sunday night.

Same could be done for PMII. And I like his decision making quite a bit better than Midnight.

If the docs say he's good, he says he's good, and the eye test says he's good, then HE GOOD! PLAY!

If not, then wait another week. Tennessee is when I thought he would be ready originally.

BossChief
10-31-2019, 07:13 PM
If not, then wait another week. Tennessee is when I thought he would be ready originally.

That’s originally where I put his return, too. But zooming out and looking at the big picture I think it’s wise to be overly cautious with this one. I’d be just fine waiting till after the bye to see him return. By then, Fisher should be back to full strength and we can focus on winning the division. That might also be a blessing in disguise by having the rest of the team rise to the occasion and rally around Moore.

Marcellus
10-31-2019, 07:26 PM
That’s originally where I put his return, too. But zooming out and looking at the big picture I think it’s wise to be overly cautious with this one. I’d be just fine waiting till after the bye to see him return. By then, Fisher should be back to full strength and we can focus on winning the division. That might also be a blessing in disguise by having the rest of the team rise to the occasion and rally around Moore.

Why play him after the bye? Why not wait until week 16?

BossChief
10-31-2019, 07:37 PM
Why play him after the bye? Why not wait until week 16?

Because most medical experts that deal with these injuries have said it’s a 3-6 week rehab.

Marcellus
10-31-2019, 07:44 PM
Because most medical experts that deal with these injuries have said it’s a 3-6 week rehab.

Yea but you can never be too cautious.

BigRedChief
10-31-2019, 08:18 PM
That’s originally where I put his return, too. But zooming out and looking at the big picture I think it’s wise to be overly cautious with this one. I’d be just fine waiting till after the bye to see him return. By then, Fisher should be back to full strength and we can focus on winning the division. That might also be a blessing in disguise by having the rest of the team rise to the occasion and rally around Moore.if he doesn’t play this week and we win, I’d sit him until after the bye.

Marcellus
10-31-2019, 08:20 PM
if he doesn’t play this week and we win, I’d sit him until after the bye.

Im thinking week 12, he should 110% before he ever takes another snap.

BossChief
10-31-2019, 08:25 PM
I see Marcellus is down with the well thought out responses tonight.

Marcellus
10-31-2019, 08:28 PM
I see Marcellus is down with the well thought out responses tonight.

It doesn't matter if he is healthy enough to play this season, we have next season to take into consideration.

BossChief
10-31-2019, 08:31 PM
You’re a fool if you think they should rush him back on the field before he’s healed and the line isn’t in the best place to protect him.

Marcellus
10-31-2019, 08:42 PM
You’re a fool if you think they should rush him back on the field before he’s healed and the line isn’t in the best place to protect him.

No shit, the question is, how do YOU know he is healed or not? Like his ankle I keep hearing about, has ANYONE said anything about his ankle this whole time that makes it concerning? Or even knee for that matter? The only report I have heard is he looked great before the GB game.

His dad did an interview said Pat told him he had no swelling an no pain in his knee from the get go. So what exactly are we protecting here for another 2+ weeks?

Half this board is full of people bitching that Clark, Fisher, Watkins and company are pussies and then posting they are afraid Mahomes plays after being off for 3 weeks, just wait until the bye.

You think Rodgers, Brady, Brees, or even Rivers just sits to sit? Pfttttt.

Every game counts. Period.

BossChief
10-31-2019, 09:33 PM
Swelling and pain come from tears and other ligament damage. His knee didn’t have tears, but the ligament stretched when the kneecap got displaced. When that happens, it takes time for it to tighten up. During that time, there is a significant risk of re-injury and if that happens it’s a very serious injury because one of the ligaments is already compromised.

The problem with him playing against Minnesota is their pass rush against our OL is a bad matchup. They will almost positively get to the QB throughout the game. With Mahomes ankle also being an issue, his mobility is compromised...but his heart isn’t.

For me, that’s too many X factors to be able to let the most important player for the organization (and arguably the whole sport) play.

For someone more reckless, it’s not a big deal.

To me, that’s too many details and too much risk after such a short amount of time.

Marcellus
10-31-2019, 09:37 PM
Swelling and pain come from tears and other ligament damage. His knee didn’t have tears, but the ligament stretched when the kneecap got displaced. When that happens, it takes time for it to tighten up. During that time, there is a significant risk of re-injury and if that happens it’s a very serious injury because one of the ligaments is already compromised.

The problem with him playing against Minnesota is their pass rush against our OL is a bad matchup. They will almost positively get to the QB throughout the game. With Mahomes ankle also being an issue, his mobility is compromised...but his heart isn’t.

For me, that’s too many X factors to be able to let the most important player for the organization (and arguably the whole sport) play.

For someone more reckless, it’s not a big deal.

To me, that’s too many details and too much risk after such a short amount of time.

Yup better sit him until the playoffs.

Katie
10-31-2019, 10:15 PM
How you gonna feel if they play him and he gets put out for the year?

rabblerouser
10-31-2019, 11:16 PM
Matt Moore played well, and just as Andy ****ed Mahomes over in the Texans game, he did the same to Moore in this one. Surrendering the ball on 4th n 3 was unfathomably stupid.

Agreed.

BlackOp
11-01-2019, 01:00 AM
Firstly the Pats have the Ravens, Cowboys, Eagles and Bills still to play as well as a match up with us. So there is still a chance we could catch them IF we were to beat them and win out from here on. But in reality even if that doesn't happen what about getting a buy? We can't just sacrifice that for the sake of being overly cautious.

Realistically there are 3 teams + Chiefs vying for the 2nd seed (bye)..Texans/Colts/Ravens. Obviously, Colts/Texans are in the same division...and KC already beat the Ravens.

Ravens play the Texans soon...and the Colts/Texans play each other.

Colts just barely beat the Donks...so I dont think they are all that great.

11-5 will probably get you the 2nd seed maybe 10-6...AFC is dogshit. 8-8 would probably be enough to win the West. Raiders would have to go 5-4/Chargers 5-3 to get to 8-8. LAC have Packers, Vikings and KC x2 plus they play the Raiders twice. Raiders already lost to KC...

It's in KC's interest to root for NE Sunday night...if they want the 2nd seed.

Sure-Oz
11-01-2019, 02:19 AM
No, he should rest it more. I still don't want him to play next week.

YontsRBake
11-01-2019, 02:51 AM
Realistically there are 3 teams + Chiefs vying for the 2nd seed (bye)..Texans/Colts/Ravens. Obviously, Colts/Texans are in the same division...and KC already beat the Ravens.

Ravens play the Texans soon...and the Colts/Texans play each other.

Colts just barely beat the Donks...so I dont think they are all that great.

11-5 will probably get you the 2nd seed maybe 10-6...AFC is dogshit. 8-8 would probably be enough to win the West. Raiders would have to go 5-4/Chargers 5-3 to get to 8-8. LAC have Packers, Vikings and KC x2 plus they play the Raiders twice. Raiders already lost to KC...

It's in KC's interest to root for NE Sunday night...if they want the 2nd seed.

I can’t see it at 10-6. I think whoever wins the South between Colts or Texans will have at least 11 wins. Plus both hold the tiebreaker vs us so we need to get 1 game above them. I think we’d need to be 12-4.

BlackOp
11-01-2019, 03:10 AM
I can’t see it at 10-6. I think whoever wins the South between Colts or Texans will have at least 11 wins. Plus both hold the tiebreaker vs us so we need to get 1 game above them. I think we’d need to be 12-4.

Depends... Jags arent a push over and usually split same with the Titans.

The South is a fairly even division....I dont think the Colts are that much better than either of them.

Texans have the Ravens, Colts and Patriots coming up....plus 2 against the Titans.

Red Dawg
11-01-2019, 04:16 AM
In my mind getting a bye week is a long shot at this point. Lose this week and we won't get one for sure. This is not a must win for us. We can still win our division even with another loss. Let Mahomes rest another week and come back next week. Not worth risking his health for the year.

scho63
11-01-2019, 05:29 AM
Here's an idea:how about we start OJ in his Mahomes costume?

He could take a stab at it

Marcellus
11-01-2019, 06:45 AM

1 week will change the risk? I don't believe that.

GloryDayz
11-01-2019, 07:31 AM
If they adopt the 2015 Manning tactic (to protect Peyton's all-but-broken neck!!!) of getting the ball out of his hands in 3 seconds or less and never roll out, and never run the ball, he'll be fine. But a Mahomes that doesn't wait for more than 3 seconds, who doesn't roll out, and is no threat to run, isn't going to be the Mahomes we need.

King_Chief_Fan
11-01-2019, 07:52 AM
If they adopt the 2015 Manning tactic (to protect Peyton's all-but-broken neck!!!) of getting the ball out of his hands in 3 seconds or less and never roll out, and never run the ball, he'll be fine. But a Mahomes that doesn't wait for more than 3 seconds, who doesn't roll out, and is no threat to run, isn't going to be the Mahomes we need.
bada book bada boom
this guy gets it

58-4ever
11-01-2019, 08:21 AM
This guy I don’t trust said that Channel 41 said Mahomes isn’t playing this week. Anyone else see that?

TEX
11-01-2019, 10:40 AM

:clap: Exactly! Rest him until he can be Mahomes.

iDeaL
11-01-2019, 11:37 AM
So the thing about ankle injuries is they linger.. once you have sprained an ankle, it takes a long time (months, not weeks) for it to actually be back to "100%" and, while healing, sprained ankles are extremely susceptible to re-aggravation. Even after its "100%", if a sprain is bad enough, scar tissue may exist until it is removed, again, making the ankle more susceptible to re-injury while the scar tissue is there.

I understand, obviously, that Pat is the Franchise, but what I don't understand is treating him with kid gloves. Football is a tough game. Pat could sit til 2 weeks after the bye and he can fall on his shoulder and be out for the season.. or he could play this week and that same thing could happen, and that would have nothing to do with his knee or ankle.

I also still don't understand anyone who is citing Pat's sprained ankle as the cause of his knee injury. It wasn't some overcompensation, non-contact thing that some people are seemingly trying to suggest. It happened in a dogpile of grown-ass pro athletes trying to stop him from advancing the ball. And yes, it was a "freak thing". Brady does that play all the time and never gets hurt. He's 42. And what I don't see is people saying BB is a bad coach for calling that play literally twice in a row, and at least 4 times overall in one game.

Bottom line is that Pat plays football, an inherently violent game, and could get hurt any week, any time, in any game or even in practice. It happens. Being scared about it won't change anything or reduce that risk. I hold my breath everytime he drops back regardless of whether or not he has a pre-existing injury. But you can't just sit Pat out until the playoffs every year or not play him in non-conference games because they "don't matter". Thats really not how this football thing works. If he can go without pain or limited mobility in his knee, he needs to be playing. We need dubs. And if he sits out when he absolutely can play, its clearly a PR move to reduce culpability if he sustains even a totally different or unrelated injury. Because now, no matter what, if anything bad happens people will say it must be because of the knee or ankle and that the team "rushed him back".

Mecca
11-01-2019, 12:12 PM
I think the Chiefs should just tell everyone that they're going to limp into the playoffs winning an awful division and lose in the playoffs, it's thrilling.

Hammock Parties
11-01-2019, 12:25 PM
I think the Chiefs should just tell everyone that they're going to limp into the playoffs winning an awful division and lose in the playoffs, it's thrilling.

we just fought the packers tooth and nail with our dogshit backup QB

you have no idea what's going to happen if we get in with Mahomes

this is not your daddy's fraud Chiefs

Mecca
11-01-2019, 12:32 PM
we just fought the packers tooth and nail with our dogshit backup QB

you have no idea what's going to happen if we get in with Mahomes

this is not your daddy's fraud Chiefs

If you have to win 3 playoff games 2 on the roads your odds go to about 3%

Hammock Parties
11-01-2019, 12:37 PM
If you have to win 3 playoff games 2 on the roads your odds go to about 3%

yeah well we have a great QB

anything can happen

you want to just count them out automatically, not much of a fan

GloryDayz
11-01-2019, 01:21 PM
yeah well we have a great QB

anything can happen

you want to just count them out automatically, not much of a fan

We do have a great QB, too bad his head coach isn't doing what's needed to protect him from bodily injury with a decent O-line.

Hammock Parties
11-01-2019, 01:23 PM
We do have a great QB, too bad his head coach isn't doing what's needed to protect him from bodily injury with a decent O-line.

you miss the Broncos game?

Mecca
11-01-2019, 01:27 PM

The sad thing is I watch the 49ers call a better game with worse talent on the offense...they're starting a rookie LT cause Staley is out and Jimmy isn't dying back there.

BossChief
11-01-2019, 01:30 PM

How is that, exactly?

Spent the first overall pick on a LT
Signed the best RT in the game
Developd a RG into a pro bowler and signed him to a lucrative extension
Traded for a LG that’s been very good
Has acquired quality depth across the board

Are you pointing to the fact he’s let 2 centers go to FA? Both of them got vastly overpaid.

Wallcrawler
11-01-2019, 02:15 PM
How is that, exactly?

Are you pointing to the fact he’s let 2 centers go to FA? Both of them got vastly overpaid.

Probably pointing to those stupid ass play that take 4 seconds to develop and Pat is hit at 1.5 seconds.

Play action te screens, double fake reverse, cutesy dumb shit that takes forever when the line can't block a high school kid with 2 broken arms.

How about the never running the ball and just letting defenders tee off every single down?

Is that protecting your qb?

GloryDayz
11-01-2019, 02:45 PM
you miss the Broncos game?No, of course not.

Hammock Parties
11-01-2019, 02:46 PM
No, of course not.

Reid went to the short passing game and got the ball out of Mahomes hand quickly.

GloryDayz
11-01-2019, 02:47 PM
The sad thing is I watch the 49ers call a better game with worse talent on the offense...they're starting a rookie LT cause Staley is out and Jimmy isn't dying back there.Agree. It's just a sign of the shit Andy and V has brought to our team.

GloryDayz
11-01-2019, 02:49 PM
How is that, exactly?

Are you pointing to the fact he’s let 2 centers go to FA? Both of them got vastly overpaid.I'm pointing to that crew allowing his ankle to get crunched, then stepped on it.

The way Pat is running around for his life sucks. Sad thing to do for our FQB.

GloryDayz
11-01-2019, 02:54 PM
Reid went to the short passing game and got the ball out of Mahomes hand quickly.Thank God. But that's got to be our life until we have a decent O-line. And that certainly won't be this year. Perhaps never under Andy.

Hammock Parties
11-01-2019, 02:58 PM
Thank God. But that's got to be our life until we have a decent O-line. And that certainly won't be this year. Perhaps never under Andy.

Chiefs offensive line is better than you give it credit for. It was very good last year. They are just going through a rough patch with the injuries. They are not going back to Alex Smith bullshit offense.

GloryDayz
11-01-2019, 03:02 PM
Chiefs offensive line is better than you give it credit for. It was very good last year. They are just going through a rough patch with the injuries. They are not going back to Alex Smith bullshit offense.Let's hope that not going to an offense that has a balanced run attack (and don't claim we do), and has Pat hang in a pocket that can't last more than 2.5 seconds doesn't end out days of having a FQB. If that's what you're suggesting.

Hammock Parties
11-01-2019, 03:07 PM
Let's hope that not going to an offense that has a balanced run attack (and don't claim we do), and has Pat hang in a pocket that can't last more than 2.5 seconds doesn't end out days of having a FQB. If that's what you're suggesting.

I'm suggesting the Chiefs OL is mostly fine when healthy, and a 50-50 pass-run ratio is not what this offense is about, especially with the RPOs. It was fine last year. Mahomes was not at risk. These injuries this year are freak accidents.

This is not a Mike Martz/Kurt Warner situation.

srvy
11-01-2019, 03:09 PM

If he is cleared to play and Pat agree's he wants and is ready he plays. If he gets hurt again I guess its just football. I will be angry and heartsick at first wanting to blame someone but in the end it will have been Pats and the experts decision but Pats foremost.

JakeF
11-01-2019, 03:11 PM
Even with Fisher, our offensive line is pretty average.

I've seem some offensive lines that pick up the blitz so well that teams just stop doing it because all it does is make your defense weak by blitzing. I've seen teams so strong in run blocking that you have to commit 7 men just to break even.

Our offensive line does neither of those things. Never thought that Andy Heck was very good anyway. We need to be better than average to protect Mahomes.

Hammock Parties
11-01-2019, 03:21 PM
Even with Fisher, our offensive line is pretty average.

Incorrect. Chiefs are currently ranked 4th in pass protection DVOA. Last year they were 5th.

JakeF
11-01-2019, 03:32 PM
Incorrect. Chiefs are currently ranked 4th in pass protection DVOA. Last year they were 5th.IMO, our ranking is more about QB/WRs and Scheme than it is about offensive line.

We move the pocket and Mahomes has good feel for the pressure. We have such speed at WR that they can get open even moving to their secondary spot.

BossChief
11-01-2019, 03:44 PM
Incorrect. Chiefs are currently ranked 4th in pass protection DVOA. Last year they were 5th.

Add a good or stud center and it’s arguably the best OL in the NFL

Hammock Parties
11-01-2019, 04:10 PM
Hearing Mahomes is out.

ThaVirus
11-01-2019, 04:23 PM
Is this phony insider Clay going to be a thing from now on?

No one gives a shit about your fake sources.

Hammock Parties
11-01-2019, 05:06 PM
Is this phony insider Clay going to be a thing from now on?

No one gives a shit about your fake sources.

Been a thing since this summer.

Your choice to be a fan.

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-01-2019, 05:33 PM
Hearing Mahomes is out.

That was my gut feeling anyway. Don't need to subject him to that defense. Our season can resume against the Tit's. We can still end 12-4/11-5

I just want them Patriots !

arrwheader
11-01-2019, 06:11 PM
Hearing Mahomes is out.Same person who said he was out last week?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Hammock Parties
11-01-2019, 06:12 PM
Same person who said he was out last week?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

yup

JakeF
11-01-2019, 08:29 PM
Add a good or stud center and it’s arguably the best OL in the NFLDepends on whether Scwartz and LDT start playing as well as they did in previous years. They aren't as good this year for some reason.

I don't know if our n00b center is hurting the play of the others or not.

Kiimo
11-01-2019, 09:11 PM
I have to think that Mahomes' ankle and Fisher's core muscle have a lot to do with it.

BigRedChief
11-02-2019, 07:46 AM
I have to think that Mahomes' ankle and Fisher's core muscle have a lot to do with it.We have given Fisher a lot of shit over the years on the Planet. Him being out and Mahomes backside being more vulnerable has made me at least, appreciate his talent and how cruicial he is to the OL giving Mahomes time to deliver the ball.

RINGLEADER
11-02-2019, 08:17 AM
We have given Fisher a lot of shit over the years on the Planet. Him being out and Mahomes backside being more vulnerable has made me at least, appreciate his talent and how cruicial he is to the OL giving Mahomes time to deliver the ball.

Considering the only other guy they were considering (and who went #2 one spot behind Fisher), Luke Joekel, is now interning at a real estate company I think they made the right decision.

What a terrible year to have the first pick though...

BigRedChief
11-02-2019, 08:21 AM
Considering the only other guy they were considering (and who went #2 one spot behind Fisher), Luke Joekel, is now interning at a real estate company I think they made the right decision.

What a terrible year to have the first pick though...Yep, worst draft in decades to have the #1 pick. Are there even any first rounders playing in the NFL now?

crispystl
11-02-2019, 08:36 AM
Yep, worst draft in decades to have the #1 pick. Are there even any first rounders playing in the NFL now?

That's ok....it evened out a few years later when we got Mahomes @ #10.