PDA

View Full Version : Football ***Jags/Texans EARLYearly London Game Thread***

rabblerouser
11-03-2019, 10:50 AM
Sucks watching Carlos Hyde ball out behind the Texans abortion of an O-line.

rabblerouser
11-03-2019, 10:55 AM
Minshew's receivers are fail.

Baby Lee
11-03-2019, 10:58 AM
Romeo accepts that his skills are best utilized as a coordinator. . . . Good for him.

rabblerouser
11-03-2019, 10:59 AM
Romeo accepts that his skills are best utilized as a coordinator. . . . Good for him.

I wish Andy Reid would either embrace the finer points of game management and situational football or do that same thing.

Conley drops a 4th down pass.

St. Patty's Fire
11-03-2019, 11:02 AM
Classic Conley

Minshew is good when the play breaks down but he just doesn’t have the arm strength to be a long term starter. Maybe on a team with an elite o-line/weapons he could have success, but even then I just don’t see the tools of a legit starter.

rabblerouser
11-03-2019, 11:04 AM
Classic Conley

Minshew is good when the play breaks down but he just doesn’t have the arm strength to be a long term starter. Maybe on a team with an elite o-line/weapons he could have success, but even then I just don’t see the tools of a legit starter.

Foley isn't going to make it work in JAX, either.

Jacksonville is straight garbage in a flaming dumpster fire filled with AIDS on offense.

rabblerouser
11-03-2019, 11:07 AM
Hyde is one yard away from 100yards. He gets a first down on a punishing run. Texans take a page from Andy Reid's playbook and pass on 3 straight downs when the need to run the ball to leave the door open for a JAX comeback.

rabblerouser
11-03-2019, 11:12 AM
Hot fucking garbage.

The JAX WRs are horrid.

rabblerouser
11-03-2019, 11:13 AM
Carlos Hyde has 100yds.

Aaaaaaand O'Brien calls a deep pass. Because he's terrible.

rabblerouser
11-03-2019, 11:14 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

St. Patty's Fire
11-03-2019, 11:14 AM
Foley isn't going to make it work in JAX, either.

Jacksonville is straight garbage in a flaming dumpster fire filled with AIDS on offense.

I think Foles is a better fit for their offense than Minshew. I think they’d look better with him in there, but they have an extremely mediocre offense overall, and Marrone has really overstayed his welcome.

I really don’t think the Jags are that bad, they’re 4-5 in a bloodbath of a division. There’s no super power team in it, but all of the teams are decent to good and play a punishing style. I don’t see their overall roster being any worse than the Colts, honestly. They just have a much better coach.

rabblerouser
11-03-2019, 11:16 AM
Hyde with 161 yard on 16 carries and a fumble.

rabblerouser
11-03-2019, 11:18 AM
I think Foles is a better fit for their offense than Minshew. I think they’d look better with him in there, but they have an extremely mediocre offense overall, and Marrone has really overstayed his welcome.

I really don’t think the Jags are that bad, they’re 4-5 in a bloodbath of a division. There’s no super power team in it, but all of the teams are decent to good and play a punishing style. I don’t see their overall roster being any worse than the Colts, honestly. They just have a much better coach.

The JAX receivers are fucking horrible.

ThaVirus
11-03-2019, 11:20 AM
Minshew's been throwing high all game. He's got to be able to adjust. I mean, damn. How do you throw high all fucking game. Anything more than a quarter of sailing easy ass passes is just you being a fucking idiot.

rabblerouser
11-03-2019, 11:21 AM
Minshew's been throwing high all game. He's got to be able to adjust. I mean, damn. How do you throw high all ****ing game. Anything more than a quarter of sailing easy ass passes is just you being a ****ing idiot.

How about Carlos Hyde and that fumble?

ThaVirus
11-03-2019, 11:25 AM
How about Carlos Hyde and that fumble?

That was hilarious.

Serves him right. I fucking HATE players dogging it on their way to the end zone.. and similarly, players who don't realize it's 100% about the ball crossing the plane- like Watson just did on his hurdle near-TD. Get the ball in the end zone.

We lost a game to the Titans (or maybe it was the Bucs) a couple years ago because DAT nonchalantly jogged to the corner of the end zone with the ball in his outside arm so it never crossed the plane.

St. Patty's Fire
11-03-2019, 11:35 AM
The JAX receivers are fucking horrible.

Chark is a stud. Minshew underthrew him like 3 times in the span of 15 minutes in this game. The rest are mostly average...but let’s be real, having a good receiving corp is not that important. You need at least one elite threat, the rest can be decent and you’ll be fine IMO.

With Minshew it’s a problem because he really can’t throw. He’s awful from the pocket. Bad accuracy, below average arm strength, late on reads, not taking open checkdowns when they’re there, there are a lot of red flags in his game. I think Foles would have had a lot more success in today’s game. I don’t think he underthrows Chark several times, and I think he’d be quicker to diagnose a lot of the reads and get the ball out on time.

Chiefshrink
11-03-2019, 11:44 AM

All of BB's ex-coaches are "peter principled" and that's the way BB wants it no doubt!

Chiefshrink
11-03-2019, 11:46 AM
...but let’s be real, having a good receiving corp is not that important. You need at least one elite threat, the rest can be decent and you’ll be fine IMO.

Yes let's be real here, ONLY IF you have an elite QB like Mahomes.;)

Setsuna
11-03-2019, 12:02 PM
Feels good. Coughlin and Marrone about to be canned.