PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Proud to be a CHIEFS Fan Today!

TEX
11-03-2019, 03:27 PM
Our CHIEFS showed something today. They played complimentary football. Outstanding TEAM win!

TLO
11-03-2019, 03:28 PM
YES!

Clyde Frog
11-03-2019, 03:30 PM
https://media0.giphy.com/media/sQpl7yebgk3Pq/200.webp?cid=790b7611c0bea146ad3e3959cbe5e768a3cf940b65bfffb7&rid=200.webp

Baby Lee
11-03-2019, 03:30 PM
The D demonstrated coherence and tenacity, which is the difference between trying to make something bound to fail work [Sutton], and sticking with a plan until it starts paying off.

No laurels to rest on though. They haven't reached any mountaintops, they've just finally found the foot of [hopefully the right] mountain.

Easy 6
11-03-2019, 03:35 PM
Ditto, it was hard fought all the way through and they hung in there like grown men... they’re developing grit

Chargem
11-03-2019, 03:57 PM
Proud to be a Chief fan every day

chiefzilla1501
11-03-2019, 04:35 PM
It's one of the most satisfying chiefs wins I've watched in a long time. Awesome complete team win.

KCUnited
11-03-2019, 04:35 PM
You should try it everyday.

ChiefaRoo
11-03-2019, 04:37 PM
This is a great TEAM win. They can build on this. I’m proud to be a Chiefs fan.

Graystoke
Great game. Chiefs really put forth a well rounded team effort winning the game

FAH-Q
One of those wins where the satisfaction is high because I didn’t expect them to win a game like this...and that’s because years of being a Chiefs fan has taught me we just don’t win many games with the cards stacked against us. Truly happy for the guys in the locker room today, and for the fans who did show up and had to deal with that dumbass Vikings chant.

siberian khatru
11-03-2019, 04:41 PM
Just a fabulous win. I’ve been basking in the glow, nursing my Vesper martini.

KCJake
11-03-2019, 04:58 PM
Absolutely. This team showed some grit. Something I haven't seen from the chiefs in a long time. I was very pleased with the defense. We're finally hitting people. Big fckn win today boys !

Kman34
11-03-2019, 05:01 PM
Matty Ballgame is a tough SOB... Probably made himself a lot of money today..

ThyKingdomCome15
11-03-2019, 05:32 PM
This D is a lot better than it was week one.

TEX4Chiefs
11-03-2019, 07:52 PM
Matty Ballgame is a tough SOB... Probably made himself a lot of money today..

Yeah, they might promote him to principal when he goes back to his school. ;)

FlaChief58
11-03-2019, 08:11 PM
Great team win. Moore has surprised the hell out of me. He played his part better than I could have hoped for.

comochiefsfan
11-03-2019, 08:12 PM
Everything is starting to come together for this team.

It’s our year.

KChiefs1
11-03-2019, 08:13 PM
This D is a lot better than it was week one.

Gets better every week.

FAX
11-03-2019, 08:17 PM
Baskets of Yeperoni!!!

I've seen a gradual improvement in the defense each week as they make personnel changes and assignment adjustments. Spaggyboots must have over 50 different calls on his play sheet by now.

All three levels of the defense have advanced ... with the linebackers bringing up the rear. If we can get better 'backer play on zone calls, I'll be pretty darn happy.

FAX

TEX
11-03-2019, 11:20 PM
Great team win. Moore has surprised the hell out of me. He played his part better than I could have hoped for.

True Grit!

Megatron96
11-04-2019, 12:09 AM
Spags defense just held the league's leading rusher down to 3.4 yards/carry and just 71 yards total. For perspective, his season average per carry is 5.3 yards, and his per game average is 104.5 yards.

Furthermore, Cook averages a little over a TD/game. Today he had a big, fat ZERO.

In the passing game, Kirk Cousins came into the game with a staggering 78% completion percentage for the month of October, more than 9 yards per attempt, and a passer rating over 137. Today the Chiefs D held him to a completion percentage of just 50%, 5.8 yards/att, and a 94% Passer Rating.

Cousins was the NFL's best QB statistically in the month of October.

Just to be clear, our Chiefs just beat the best QB in Kirk Cousins (NFL's Offensive Player of the Month), the league's best rusher in Dalvin Cook, and the league's 3rd best defense (points allowed, 16.5/game). With a patch-work OL, still down a couple starters on defense, and a high school coach turned back-up QB.

Chiefshrink
11-04-2019, 12:23 AM
Everyone on this team knew they had to step their game up in order to help Moore win this game and they did in all facets of the game. What will be interesting to see is if this same intensity level stays at a high rate when Pat comes back because sometimes players or certain players will subconsciously back off somewhat expecting Mahomes to do it ALL once again. I HOPE NOT !!

Once we get fully healthy combined with our D becoming at least respectable again we should be fine assuming they keep this same intensity level up the rest of the way. This was a great game to show themselves that they can fight through adversity without their best player on the field and that IS HUGE !!:thumb:

philfree
11-04-2019, 12:24 AM
Spags defense just held the league's leading rusher down to 3.4 yards/carry and just 71 yards total. For perspective, his season average per carry is 5.3 yards, and his per game average is 104.5 yards.

Furthermore, Cook averages a little over a TD/game. Today he had a big, fat ZERO.

In the passing game, Kirk Cousins came into the game with a staggering 78% completion percentage for the month of October, more than 9 yards per attempt, and a passer rating over 137. Today the Chiefs D held him to a completion percentage of just 50%, 5.8 yards/att, and a 94% Passer Rating.

Cousins was the best QB statistically in the NFL in the month of October.

Just to be clear, our Chiefs just beat the best QB (NFL's Offensive Player of the Month), the league's best rusher in Dalvin Cook, and the league's 3rd best defense (points allowed, 16.5/game). With a patch-work OL, still down a couple starters on defense, and a high school coach turned back-up QB.

:clap:

Chiefshrink
11-04-2019, 12:29 AM

Cousins was the best QB statistically in the NFL in the month of October.

Just to be clear, our Chiefs just beat the best QB (NFL's Offensive Player of the Month), the league's best rusher in Dalvin Cook, and the league's 3rd best defense (points allowed, 16.5/game). With a patch-work OL, still down a couple starters on defense, and a high school coach turned back-up QB.

Our run defense snuck up on them today and conquered no doubt. Snuck up on me as well because like a lot of you I'm sure we all thought DC would run right through us like crap through a goose. Spags schemes and game planning are beginning to work and the 2ndary is getting better every week. Zimmoer was outcoached today because he did not make adjustments like Reid did and why our run game was much better today.

Megatron96
11-04-2019, 12:49 AM
Our run defense snuck up on them today and conquered no doubt. Snuck up on me as well because like a lot of you I'm sure we all thought DC would run right through us like crap through a goose. Spags schemes and game planning are beginning to work and the 2ndary is getting better every week. Zimmoer was outcoached today because he did not make adjustments like Reid did and why our run game was much better today.

Our run defense has 'snuck up' on the last three teams we've faced; they've been giving up just 3.85 yards/carry since the DEN game, and just 96.3 yards/game, which would make the Chiefs defense 12th in the league against the run.

Furthermore, our run defense should actually keep improving statistically for the rest of the season. We just faced the best running game we'll see for the rest of the year. It's literally downhill from here.

DTVietnam
11-04-2019, 12:58 AM
Everyone on this team played really well...aside from Cam Irving

St. Patty's Fire
11-04-2019, 01:04 AM
We actually look like a real, complete football team and aren’t playing like we have a mythological being to bail us out on every fucking play.

Hopefully that keeps up.

carcosa
11-04-2019, 03:08 AM
Y
I
P!!!!!

T-post Tom
11-04-2019, 03:41 AM
https://media0.giphy.com/media/JJGUejl0pLcRy/source.gif

TwistedChief
11-04-2019, 04:17 AM

Cousins was the NFL's best QB statistically in the month of October.

Just to be clear, our Chiefs just beat the best QB in Kirk Cousins (NFL's Offensive Player of the Month), the league's best rusher in Dalvin Cook, and the league's 3rd best defense (points allowed, 16.5/game). With a patch-work OL, still down a couple starters on defense, and a high school coach turned back-up QB.

Great perspective here. I think it's safe to say that the disastrous performance against the Texans that portended bad things going forward has been neutralized.

I was skeptical about the idea that the defense would gel over time because it only seemed to get worse as the season progressed. But we've put together three really solid performances while battling injuries.

There's a lot of deserved room for optimism going forward.

Dartgod
11-04-2019, 07:44 AM
I'm proud to be a Chiefs fan every day, not just when they win.

TEX
11-04-2019, 08:04 AM
I'm proud to be a Chiefs fan every day, not just when they win.

You get the,"Taking it out of context cookie" for the day... Point is the team is playing without the MVP and other key players, and they showed a lot yesterday the way they played as a complete team. Most everyone got that point. I'm pretty sure that you did too. You just like playing the contrarian here.

Coogs
11-04-2019, 08:13 AM
Great perspective here. I think it's safe to say that the disastrous performance against the Texans that portended bad things going forward has been neutralized.

I was skeptical about the idea that the defense would gel over time because it only seemed to get worse as the season progressed. But we've put together three really solid performances while battling injuries.

There's a lot of deserved room for optimism going forward.

I was right there with you. Kudos to HB for calling out the defense to do their jobs at all 3 levels. It has made a huge difference!