PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Ten Things About Today's Game Week Nine: KC 26 MINN 23

gblowfish
11-03-2019, 06:58 PM
Ten Things About Today’s Game Week 9: KC 26 Minn 23

10. Perfect day for football. The kind of day you dream about deep in winter, like on February 26th when it’s four degrees outside and nothing is on TV except ice skating and the NBA. Unfortunately, I was not able to be in my usual spot in Arrowhead today. Why? Because I’m married, and my wife of 25 years needed my help on an out of town all day project. So I sold my tickets and took off at 9am for Lexington, MO and the VFW Post 4052. I was setting up audio equipment for a theater production there coming up next weekend, and helping haul furniture and risers for the set and such. I got my stuff done just before kickoff, so I sat down with the good ol boys and watched the game on the VFW big screen. They had free nachos, spicy meatballs, cheese and crackers, and Bottles of Boulevard Tank 7 for $1.50 each. Gotta love the VFW. Had a great time, actually. Got to watch most of the game except for the fourth quarter, which I listened to in my car. More on that later.

9. My initial impression of this game was, it was one of those whoever had the ball last would probably win games. Sure enough, that’s how it turned out. Another impression: This reminded me a lot of the Packers game last week, with one exception: Kirk Cousins ain’t no Aaron Rodgers. Yeah, he had good stats: three passing TDs, no picks, only sacked once, 220 yards passing. But he lost. Cousins is a lot like Matthew Stafford. He puts us seemingly good numbers, but is never good enough to put the team on his back and win when he needs to. He missed a lot of open guys, especially in the first half; throws that Rodgers makes. That sliver of difference is the line between an OK quarterback, and a HOF QB.

8. On the flip side, it was our third string QB Midnight Hour Moore who got roughed up this week. Last week it was Rodgers who got sacked five times and won. This week it was our guy; sacked five times and won. Moore only threw for one TD, but he threw for more yards than Cousins, and hit big passes in critical moments that sustained scoring drives. Considering they picked this guy off the street coaching high school football, he has no business beating an NFC elite team like the Vikes. But he pulled it off. The crazy thing is, they could theoretically cut him next week before the Titans game, since Chad Henne is back from injury. Ain’t the NFL a bitch??

7. Big props to Spags D. They took a step forward this week. Thelan went out early with the hamstring flaring up, but they held a perfectly healthy Diggs to one catch for four yards. So props to the secondary. Ward is playing much better; Thornhill is starting to get past the rookie jitters and Mattieu has been reliable. The three passing TDs were basically on the linebackers. And we still can’t seem to figure out how to cover backs catching passes in the flat. Abdullah’s 16 yard TD was his only catch of the day, and he was so wide open he could have cake walked into the end zone. I fear this will be our defensive weakness the rest of the season, as Spags has not shown the ability to adjust to that one dynamic.

6. The defense has, however, adjusted on stopping the run just fine. They held Cook to 71 yards, which is great. He’s been one of the most productive backs in the NFL thus far. Jones’ return was a big help. He had the only sack was was disruptive on many passing and run plays. Nnandi had six tackles; rookie Saunders had three tackles and played well considering they could not be rotated as often as usual. They did all this without Okafor and Frank Clark. Ragland played better this week; he also contributed six tackles. The only super big gaffe was on Rudolph’s TD, KC defense only had ten guys on the field. How does that happen in Game Nine? Only giving up 23 points to one of the premier NFC teams is a job well done. It was enough D to win, barely.

5. Shady didn’t play much. He carried the ball about three times and was thrown at once. He’s still in the fumblerooski doghouse. The new guy in the fumblerooski doghouse is Hardman. Jeez, you fight hard for a 10-10 tie at half, know you’re getting the ball to start the second half, return it and get it knocked out for an instant turnover to the Vikes. On the Vikings side, missing that extra point was a big deal. It totally changed game strategy the rest of the second half. I think when Mahomes comes back, we better just take the ball on the 25 on all our kickoff returns. Why risk a fumble or a penalty? Just give PMII the ball on the 25 and let him do his thing.

4. Big props to Damien Williams for a 91 yard run between the tackles. Did you notice that Tyreek out-ran him to the end zone? Both of those guys are speed burners. That play changed the momentum for awhile. Moore and Hill came up big when needed, especially in the final drive of the fourth quarter. Speed kills, and that’s the one advantage that other teams really can’t scheme to stop. Fast is fast. And the Chiefs have “fast” in spades.

3. Sammy Watkins and Travis Kelce were the same guy today. Both guys had seven catches for nearly identical yards, and a long catch of 17 yards each. Hill had 140 and a TD, so it was his day today. Kelce’s day was marred by a holding penalty that turned a third and one first down into a 3rd and 11, and subsequent punt. It was one of the few penalties that was impactful. Both teams were penalized for 25 yards, which on the Chiefs part is better than having a dozen for more than 100 yards as in games earlier this season. There were enough purple people in the stands to force Cam Erving into a false start in Arrowhead. Looked like the crowd was about 25% purple, but the Chiefs fans came up big and loud in the fourth quarter to help stop the last two Vikings drives.

2. Player of the week is our boy Buttkicker. He’s had a spotty year so far, but today he was cash money. It was windy, you could see the wind whipping the shirt and pants on the white hat on TV. That 54 yarder was a great clutch kick to get the Chiefs back in the fight, and the 44 yard winner may have been tipped at the line of scrimmage. But he got it through, and what a great way to win. Just a beautiful job, and a clutch job. Don’t you think the Bears wish they had a guy like Buttkicker?

1. When they sent me out for pizza, I drove down to the Casey’s General Store and ordered up a couple pies. They said it would be about 15 or 20 minutes. So I drove down the street and parked in a shady parking lot next to the old Wentworth Military Academy, kicked back and listened to the fourth quarter with Mitch. I’m very superstitious. So when Buttkicker was trotting out for the game deciding kick, I turned the sound down, said a little good luck prayer for him, and snapped the picture out my car window. Turned the sound back up, and he got it done. The picture? The church where I got married 25 years ago, which was across the street from my parking spot. So I hope I gave Buttkicker a little extra mojo today. The pizza tasted extra good today too. So we go .500 with PMII out of action, and it’s a good thing too since the Raiders, Bolts and Donks all won today. BTW: What the HELL happened to Green Bay today??? So we gave up no ground in the AFC West, and we return to AFC play next week. We owe the Tits some payback after the Mariota throws a TD Pass to himself playoff game, so I hope we kick their ass in their house. Great win today, optimistic for the rest of November. Here we go!

Wallcrawler
11-03-2019, 07:04 PM
Great writeup on the game today. Big gut check against a great team.

TwistedChief
11-03-2019, 07:04 PM
Great write-up as always. Gutsy win by our boys. We will be formidable with Mahomes back.

58-4ever
11-03-2019, 07:05 PM
Yes! This is my favorite weekly article.

Also, Lorenzo Cain finally won a Gold Glove! Looooong overdue.

tk13
11-03-2019, 07:05 PM
I can't imagine they'll cut Moore now, but we'll see. If he had bombed these last few weeks yeah, but he's basically won 2-3 games and in the third went toe to toe with probably one of the 5 most talented QBs to ever play.

Hammock Parties
11-03-2019, 07:17 PM
We're on a mission from god.

Pointer19
11-03-2019, 07:19 PM
Hope it was a Chiefs fan that took your seats! Nice write-up. Looking forward to next week.

Flying High D
11-03-2019, 07:20 PM
Great write up. If Midnight Special gets cut does another team sign him ?

Stryker
11-03-2019, 07:22 PM
George thank you so much as always! Next, GEAUX RAVENS!!!

siberian khatru
11-03-2019, 07:22 PM
Spot on about Cousins. If you watch him and not his box score, you see he doesn’t do the little things that matter.

Hydrae
11-03-2019, 07:23 PM
Pretty cool that the pic was something important to you and symbolizes why you weren't at the game in person.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts as usual!

Marcellus
11-03-2019, 07:23 PM
Great write up George! Love the tie in to your wedding chapel!

Marcellus
11-03-2019, 07:25 PM
Great write up. If Midnight Special gets cut does another team sign him ?

He aint getting cut, we will carry 3 QBs the rest of the way due to concerns over Mahomes knee.

siberian khatru
11-03-2019, 07:25 PM
Also it’s really impressive seeing Moore hang in there on throws and take a hit. For a guy whose career was all but over heading into August, that’s incredible.

stevieray
11-03-2019, 07:28 PM
Gman! spot on!

How 'bout that last defensive stand? hoo boy!

After we fell back out of FG range and then Moore Hit Kelce and then Hill?

Really happy for the fans who were overdue for a home win.

rabblerouser
11-03-2019, 07:29 PM
In. Great stuff, George. Good on you for helping the Mrs. Hope you guys have a great week.

PHOG
11-03-2019, 07:35 PM
Midnight Moore gets it done for sure, thanks for the write up. :thumb:

Mama Hip Rockets
11-03-2019, 07:38 PM
The crazy thing is, they could theoretically cut him next week before the Titans game, since Chad Henne is back from injury. Ain’t the NFL a bitch??

I really don't see this happening. Why would they keep Henne over Moore at this point?

TinyEvel
11-03-2019, 07:46 PM
yes! Great recap buddy. Good for you being of service today.

big nasty kcnut
11-03-2019, 07:58 PM
Great read George pizza is always better after a win.

InChiefsHeaven
11-03-2019, 07:58 PM
Such a great game all around. Was a nailbiter, but that's what you have to expect with a backup QB and a MASH unit all around. This was a statement game and was all frickin' heart by our boys.

Bring back Mahomes and the rest, and we will destroy souls on the way to the SB!

Great write up as always George my man!

IowaHawkeyeChief
11-03-2019, 08:00 PM
Good read... I was at the game and a couple of observations. I wish more Chief fans wouldn't have sold their tickets. I have been to a lot of Chiefs games and this was probably the most visitor fans I have ever seen at Arrowhead. I though the Viking fans would be reasonable and nice, since we had 6 starters out, including the MVP, but they were actually very obnoxious and dickish… It was great to send them home with a loss. The Packers fans were not the best, but these Viking Fans were worse.

Flying High D
11-03-2019, 08:31 PM
Great read George pizza is always better after a win.

Especially Casey’s pizza with the 4 lbs of cheese.

Flying High D
11-03-2019, 08:34 PM
Good read... I was at the game and a couple of observations. I wish more Chief fans wouldn't have sold their tickets. I have been to a lot of Chiefs games and this was probably the most visitor fans I have ever seen at Arrowhead. I though the Viking fans would be reasonable and nice, since we had 6 starters out, including the MVP, but they were actually very obnoxious and dickish… It was great to send them home with a loss. The Packers fans were not the best, but these Viking Fans were worse.

Speaking of visiting fans, are the fudge packers fans on the chargers forum. Congratulating the chargers for the ass whoopin. Hypothetically speaking if the chargers had a forum.

Buehler445
11-03-2019, 08:44 PM
Good read George.

I had pretty well chalked this one up to a loss. I figured there was no way they just don't run Cook 50 times and win the game. Between the D stepping up and the Queens inexplicably limiting his touches, it was a ballgame.

They only stopped that screen play once and didn't stop that route the RBs were running once it looked to me like. So that's on film now. Yay.

Moore is something. His arm isn't half what Mahomes is, and he'll inexplicably miss a pass now and then, but he threw almost all his passes under pressure and he dropped some real dimes. He played well for a starter in the league. That's pretty good for a 3rd string guy. Dude deserves a ton of credit.

4. Big props to Damien Williams for a 91 yard run between the tackles. Did you notice that Tyreek out-ran him to the end zone? Both of those guys are speed burners. That play changed the momentum for awhile. Moore and Hill came up big when needed, especially in the final drive of the fourth quarter. Speed kills, and that’s the one advantage that other teams really can’t scheme to stop. Fast is fast. And the Chiefs have “fast” in spades.

I laughed hard. All these DBs have elite speed and angles, and Williams blows right through them. Then Reek casually strolled up and asked him how he was doing, and make sure he didn't want to hand off. LOL I don't know where the hell Reek came from, but Jesus Christ he's fast. That first TD, there were 2 guys covering him. He smoked the CB and the white safety didn't even try. He had no chance. Poor silly white guy.

FAX
11-03-2019, 08:45 PM
We don't give Midnight credit for the donkey victory? Half-credit, even?

If so, he's 2 and 1 ... or 1.5 and 1 ... or something in that neighborhood. Wally is truly a QB Whisperer.

As for cutting Midnight, I wonder if Wally will offer him an assistant position (quality control or whatever). I'm sure Clark wouldn't mind.

FAX

King_Chief_Fan
11-03-2019, 08:52 PM
Good take as always.

Chiefs need to keep Moore on the roster the rest of the year. I dont have much confidence in Henne.

Prison Bitch
11-03-2019, 08:57 PM
Normally I try to nitpick

But this was basically on

2bikemike
11-03-2019, 09:00 PM
Your a good man George helping out the wife like that. Thanks for the write up. And just like your pizza it's always so much more pleasurable to digest when we win!

You do gotta love the VFW and their cheap beers! If I wanted a relationship with my ole man it was only going to be done enjoying cheap beers at the local post!

ChiefoftheKeyboard
11-03-2019, 09:04 PM
Today was a much needed and big time win. Mecole Hardman has a terrible game tho imo. Fair caught a ball within the 10, then let a ball bounce on the 13 for them to pin us deeper, and the fumble. Really hope we start putting tyreek back out there for punt return

Randallflagg
11-03-2019, 09:16 PM
Good read George! I look forward to these each week! :thumb:

IowaHawkeyeChief
11-03-2019, 10:32 PM
Today was a much needed and big time win. Mecole Hardman has a terrible game tho imo. Fair caught a ball within the 10, then let a ball bounce on the 13 for them to pin us deeper, and the fumble. Really hope we start putting tyreek back out there for punt return

:rolleyes: The new rule is about the 7 yard line to fair catch. That was shown on the other other one as it wasn't caught and it was downed at the 3. Hardman, besides the fumble, had pretty good returns. You can put Tyreek back there, but his odds of getting hurt go up... Of course they have to punt it in bounds for him to get hurt. I'm fine with saving Hill for big moments and think Hardman is way better than DAT.

eDave
11-03-2019, 10:40 PM
Tyreek Hill sets career-best top speed on 91-yard touchdown run by Damien Williams vs. Vikings.

LMAO Better every loop.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">91 yards to the CRIB �� <a href="https://t.co/737Ut0U03E">pic.twitter.com/737Ut0U03E</a></p>&mdash; Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs/status/1191085285267968001?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 3, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/chiefs-tyreek-hill-sets-career-best-top-speed-on-91-yard-touchdown-run-by-damien-williams-vs-vikings/

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
11-03-2019, 11:12 PM
Ward is a top 5 CB

rabblerouser
11-03-2019, 11:13 PM
I always call to order the pizza's at Caseys and just go to pick them up when I'm done, but I'm impatient.

L.A. Chieffan
11-03-2019, 11:32 PM
Tyreek catching up to Damien on that TD might have been the fastest thing I've ever seen in my life

T-post Tom
11-03-2019, 11:39 PM
Good fan, good husband, good man. Thanks George.

FAX
:rolleyes: The new rule is about the 7 yard line to fair catch. That was shown on the other other one as it wasn't caught and it was downed at the 3. Hardman, besides the fumble, had pretty good returns. You can put Tyreek back there, but his odds of getting hurt go up... Of course they have to punt it in bounds for him to get hurt. I'm fine with saving Hill for big moments and think Hardman is way better than DAT.

Using Hill as our closer (or our critical situation) returner makes sense, but if I were Toub, I would only call his number in those cases. He's far too valuable in the offense to either overuse or place in danger.

As for Hardman ... when does fumbling on returns become a pattern or trait or characteristic of his play? 2 games? 3? I don't know, but one would think that Toub is concerned at this point.

DAT certainly wasn't getting the job done so now I'm wondering if the answer is Pringle.

FAX

Simply Red
Thanks George I too am horny again.

eDave
11-03-2019, 11:47 PM
Tyreek catching up to Damien on that TD might have been the fastest thing I've ever seen in my life

Damien gives him a doubletake there. He's all like, wait, what?

Too funny.

oldman
11-04-2019, 07:03 AM
Nice write-up, George. You do have to love $1.50 beers, especially when they're Tank 7.

Our rookies are really coming on. I'm going to give Hardman a pass this week, but I probably wouldn't put up with fumbles much longer. One other thing about Saunders was he had a deflected pass to add to his day. Fenton was solid and Thornhill improves every week.

The bad? Two words--Cam Erving. If I was Veach (and Andy), I'd be watching some Big 10 football. Quit drafting Ts and Cs that are really Gs.

scho63
11-04-2019, 07:40 AM
Glad GBlowfish you got to watch/listen to the game. Definitely a nail bitter and my stream stopped just before the the last catch before Butker came out to kick and I also had to turn on KC101 the Fox and listen to Mitch blow his load when Butker hit the winner.

Couple of added notes:

1. Dirty Dan made one of the best open field tackles and put the Vikings in the hole with his tackle for a 7 yard loss on a screen. It made it like 3rd and 13. Big momentum killer for the Purple Gang.

2. Our inside tackling on the front line was the most impressive I've seen in years. I don't remember a whiff or miss from those guys. Nnadi, Pennel, Jones, Saunders stuck to every runner and brought them down quickly and most times for little to no gain.

3. Hitchens is still not gelling but he was a little better than last week where he was lost.

4. On an incomplete pass either late 3rd or early 4th, Minnesota's receiver blew by Thornhill and Thornhill looked slow as shit. I didn't realize he was that slow. We got lucky as Cousins overthrew the receiver or else it was an easy TD.

5. Damien Wilson had a few whiffs as the game went on an he let Cook go from a 3-4 yard loss to a 12 yard gain.

6. We did so much better on penalties it was great to see.

7. I still like Hardman on KO returns and I'm sure they will fix his fumbling or else he's gotta stop being back there. He does have great speed and looks like he could break one. His return was great on the fumble up until that moment. It was a real killer to give the ball back on the opening KO of 2nd half.

8. I was really pissed that Spags basically decided that he wasn't ever going to blitz. A really stupid idea in my mind.

Thanks for the writeup and sound like you earned an "atta boy" chip from the wife that you can cash in at some time.

So know you have a whole month to wit until the next home game against the Faiders. I would really like to find a way to get to that game and may just do it.

Have a wonderful day and nice writeup. :clap::clap:

Aspengc8
11-04-2019, 07:44 AM
7. Big props to Spags D. They took a step forward this week. Thelan went out early with the hamstring flaring up, but they held a perfectly healthy Diggs to one catch for four yards. So props to the secondary. Ward is playing much better; Thornhill is starting to get past the rookie jitters and Mattieu has been reliable. The three passing TDs were basically on the linebackers. And we still can’t seem to figure out how to cover backs catching passes in the flat. Abdullah’s 16 yard TD was his only catch of the day, and he was so wide open he could have cake walked into the end zone. I fear this will be our defensive weakness the rest of the season, as Spags has not shown the ability to adjust to that one dynamic.

The only one I would solely put on the LB's was Abdullah's. Looked like Ragland was supposed to check to flat (it was a 1 high look so either man or a cov3 variation) and was lost. The first and last TD's passes were back of the endzone and looked like the DB's got confused on coverage. Your LB's aren't dropping to the back of the endzone on the goaline.

oldman
11-04-2019, 07:55 AM
1. Dirty Dan made one of the best open field tackles and put the Vikings in the hole with his tackle for a 7 yard loss on a screen. It made it like 3rd and 13. Big momentum killer for the Purple Gang.
2. Our inside tackling on the front line was the most impressive I've seen in years. I don't remember a whiff or miss from those guys. Nnadi, Pennel, Jones, Saunders stuck to every runner and brought them down quickly and most times for little to no gain.
6. We did so much better on penalties it was great to see.

8. I was really pissed that Spags basically decided that he wasn't ever going to blitz. A really stupid idea in my mind.

I'm in total agreement on your points 1,2, and 6. I think Spags was more afraid of the run than the pass, however. That and we were short on DEs. That's just my take, however.

Otter
11-04-2019, 08:58 AM
I haven't been to a VFW in years. I remember getting a glass of beer in what was only slightly larger than a shot glass and all the red pickled eggs you can eat for a quarter.

Thanks for the write up GB!!!

otherstar
11-04-2019, 09:14 AM
Great write up, as always! My 91 year old Unlce is a VFW and Legion member (Korean war vet). My late Aunt was also a member of both (she was a WAVE in WWII).

cabletech94
11-04-2019, 09:20 AM
Liking the way this defense is evolving. Get pat back and healthy?
Can’t wait!!

Btw, thanks blowfish!! Love the story about the church. I guess a good reason to miss a game. :)

Frosty
11-04-2019, 09:25 AM
Spot on about Cousins. If you watch him and not his box score, you see he doesn’t do the little things that matter.

Throwing the ball into the ground to avoid a sack on 3rd down during the Vikings' last possession was so dumb because it stopped the clock. The Chiefs only had the one timeout and would have had to use it. It ended up not being needed because of the shanked punt but the playcalling could have been different without it (the completed passes on the last drive were all in the middle of the field).

I will say I don't understand spiking the ball on the last play instead of just letting the clock run down and taking the timeout. You risked a false start or illegal formation penalty that would have made the kick harder.

Using Hill as our closer (or our critical situation) returner makes sense, but if I were Toub, I would only call his number in those cases. He's far too valuable in the offense to either overuse or place in danger.

FAX

I definitely like Hill in the closer role on punt returns (assuming the defense can get 4th quarter stops). Having him out there basically caused the shanked punt and the short field.

threebag
11-04-2019, 09:27 AM
gblowfish great as always, thank you

IowaHawkeyeChief
11-04-2019, 09:31 AM
Glad GBlowfish you got to watch/listen to the game. Definitely a nail bitter and my stream stopped just before the the last catch before Butker came out to kick and I also had to turn on KC101 the Fox and listen to Mitch blow his load when Butker hit the winner.

Couple of added notes:

3. Hitchens is still not gelling but he was a little better than last week where he was lost.

:

I've been hard on Hitchens, even as a Hawkeye fan, for most of the year. The last few games he is looking more comfortable, seems to really know the defense and where people need to be, and is thinking less and reacting quicker and looks faster than the first 5 games this year.

Hydrae
11-04-2019, 09:44 AM
Throwing the ball into the ground to avoid a sack on 3rd down during the Vikings' last possession was so dumb because it stopped the clock. The Chiefs only had the one timeout and would have had to use it. It ended up not being needed because of the shanked punt but the playcalling could have been different without it (the completed passes on the last drive were all in the middle of the field).

I will say I don't understand spiking the ball on the last play instead of just letting the clock run down and taking the timeout. You risked a false start or illegal formation penalty that would have made the kick harder.

I definitely like Hill in the closer role on punt returns (assuming the defense can get 4th quarter stops). Having him out there basically caused the shanked punt and the short field.

I agree, that was weird to me. Not only the risks you mention but it made the kick about 2 yards longer. No need to save the timeout so might as well just use it!

IowaHawkeyeChief
11-04-2019, 09:59 AM
I agree, that was weird to me. Not only the risks you mention but it made the kick about 2 yards longer. No need to save the timeout so might as well just use it!

:shake:

It's an incomplete pass.

Frosty
11-04-2019, 10:00 AM

After I posted, I read another thread where people claimed Reid was saving the TO in case of a bad snap on the kick but I don't think it would be possible to recover the ball and call a TO in 3 seconds. :shrug:
I've seen the "bad snap on the kick" thing used as an excuse for several things like kicking on 3rd down or saving the TO but I don't think I've ever actually seen it come into play.

IowaHawkeyeChief
11-04-2019, 10:09 AM
After I posted, I read another thread where people claimed Reid was saving the TO in case of a bad snap on the kick but I don't think it would be possible to recover the ball and call a TO in 3 seconds. :shrug:
I've seen the "bad snap on the kick" thing used as an excuse for several things like kicking on 3rd down or saving the TO but I don't think I've ever actually seen it come into play.

I'm guessing he thought they would have closer to 5-6 seconds initially after the spike, but it was only 3 seconds. I thought the clock management was excellent at the end of the game. Win or go to OT, that's what folks wanted on here all of last year.

xbarretx
11-04-2019, 10:32 AM
6. The defense has, however, adjusted on stopping the run just fine. They held Cook to 71 yards, which is great. He’s been one of the most productive backs in the NFL thus far. Jones’ return was a big help. He had the only sack was was disruptive on many passing and run plays. Nnandi had six tackles; rookie Saunders had three tackles and played well considering they could not be rotated as often as usual. They did all this without Okafor and Frank Clark. Ragland played better this week; he also contributed six tackles. The only super big gaffe was on Rudolph’s TD, KC defense only had ten guys on the field. How does that happen in Game Nine? Only giving up 23 points to one of the premier NFC teams is a job well done. It was enough D to win, barely.

Story of my life.... :hmmm:

LOL

gblowfish
11-04-2019, 10:39 AM
Great write up, as always! My 91 year old Unlce is a VFW and Legion member (Korean war vet). My late Aunt was also a member of both (she was a WAVE in WWII).

I have a great love for the VFW. I'm not a vet -missed Vietnam era by about four years- but my dad did two tours of combat duty in Korea with the 24th Infantry. I've also had the VFW national HQ as one of my customers for over 25 years, and the post in Lexington is run by a great guy named Bill Miller, who's an Air Force vet and worked for GM for 35 years before retiring.

My dad was a member of VFW Post 1000 in Independence for over 20 years, then when he retired with my mom to Hot Springs, AR, was a member of the Hot Springs post. When my dad passed, the Hot Springs guys posted an honor guard around his casket during the visitation. Then when he was driven up to Sedalia, MO for burial service, they sent a four man team to deliver the casket to Sedalia from Hot Springs. I still get verklempt when I think about it. Anyway, they took my dad home to his final rest, and I can't express in words how much my family appreciated it.

gblowfish
11-04-2019, 10:42 AM
Here's what the Star-Tribune in Minnesota is saying:
http://www.startribune.com/big-plays-undo-vikings-in-last-second-loss-to-kansas-city/564319692/

scho63
11-04-2019, 10:42 AM
Oh, I forgot a big moment in the game thanks to Cousin's stupidity: He had a first down EASILY on a scramble on 3rd down and long and what does he do? He slides about 2 yards SHORT when there was no one near him for another 4 yards and turned a sure 1st down into 4th and 2.

What a meathead!

Mama Hip Rockets
11-04-2019, 10:44 AM
Ward is a top 5 CB

Like, on the team?

gblowfish
11-04-2019, 10:46 AM
Hope it was a Chiefs fan that took your seats! Nice write-up. Looking forward to next week.

You know, the Chiefs have made it really hard to sell seats unless you do it through the NFL Ticket Exchange. Since there are no paper tickets anymore, its about the only efficient way you can do it now. And once you post them, you can't control who buys them. And the NFL gets a 10% cut of the sale. That's why they set it up that way. I don't like it, but whatcha gonna do?

gblowfish
11-04-2019, 10:47 AM
Oh, I forgot a big moment in the game thanks to Cousin's stupidity: He had a first down EASILY on a scramble on 3rd down and long and what does he do? He slides about 2 yards SHORT when there was no one near him for another 4 yards and turned a sure 1st down into 4th and 2.

What a meathead!

Yeah, I thought the same thing. That was very "B-List QB" of him...

IowaHawkeyeChief
11-04-2019, 10:52 AM
Yeah, I thought the same thing. That was very "B-List QB" of him...

I rewatched that play and he is going to get whacked if he gets to the marker without sliding... Still should have done it though.

redfan
11-04-2019, 11:59 AM
Casey's has got some great food items goin' on, so many delicious things they make! I love those choco peanut butter rice treat thingys.

Gutsy, ballsy, and determined; that was a season-defining win. Feels good, main.

Lzen
11-04-2019, 02:17 PM
Good write-up, George. I heard somewhere that Damien was trying to tell Tyreek that he was faster and that is why Tyreek caught up to him on that long run. Damien is fast but I think we all can see that Tyreek is way faster.

Megatron96
11-04-2019, 04:04 PM
I rewatched that play and he is going to get whacked if he gets to the marker without sliding... Still should have done it though.

He could've dove head-first and he would've made it easily with the slide. By the time the defender got to him. That would've constituted "giving himself up," and the defender probably would've just touched him for the tackle.

BlackHelicopters
11-04-2019, 05:04 PM
Expertly dissected. Thanks George!

MahiMike
11-04-2019, 05:38 PM
Thanks for the prayers George. It worked.

Chris Meck
11-04-2019, 05:53 PM

I think it took a couple seconds longer to get everyone up there and set than they thought is all.

I think the intent was to spike the ball with like 5 or 6 seconds so that in case of a shitty snap or something on the kick they could down it and call the timeout.

not a big deal.