PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Only TWO games since Kareem left!!

UChieffyBugger
11-05-2019, 10:44 AM
Has a Chiefs running back rushed for a hundred yards in a game. Sunday's 145 by Damien was the first since his 103 at Seattle last season. Honestly I know Andy hates running the ball but that stat is utterly pathetic tbh. I think finally replacing Kareem's production is vital for this team moving forward so we can take the pressure off of Pat, give opposing defenses something else to worry about and also compete for time of possesion. We all saw how weak against the run the Pats were on Sunday and what a good running game can do...so I hope Veach has plans to land a quality RB In the offseason. Most teams have their number one back so the draft could be kind to us tbh with Taylor, Swift, Harris, Dobbins, Ettien etc all there to be had.

O.city
11-05-2019, 10:48 AM
I had argued against it....but I've changed.

Seeing what some of these Rb's have done I think I'd like to have a bellcow dude. Don't spend a first on one, but other than that, sure.

suzzer99
11-05-2019, 10:49 AM
Did Kareem play Sunday? When does he play again? Browns should just trade him at this point.

comochiefsfan
11-05-2019, 10:50 AM
It’s not a coincidence that Veach tried to get Bell at the trade deadline.

Everyone in the building knows this team needs a top tier running back.

Kareem has been missed this season far more than I think people wanted to admit when we let him go.

Grim
11-05-2019, 10:50 AM
Hunt had one game where he rushed for more than 100 yards in 2018.
WTF is your point?

UChieffyBugger
11-05-2019, 10:53 AM
I had argued against it....but I've changed.

Seeing what some of these Rb's have done I think I'd like to have a bellcow dude. Don't spend a first on one, but other than that, sure.

Unless a stud CB or LB is on the board, I'd be tempted to take Taylor, Swift or Dobbins with a first rounder tbh...we need a difference maker In our backfield to take this offense to the next level. Could you imagine if we had Mccafrey in this offense? It would be insane and Swift might be in that mold.

KurtCobain
11-05-2019, 10:54 AM
Has a Chiefs running back rushed for a hundred yards in a game. Sunday's 145 by Damien was the first since his 103 at Seattle last season. Honestly I know Andy hates running the ball but that stat is utterly pathetic tbh. I think finally replacing Kareem's production is vital for this team moving forward so we can take the pressure off of Pat, give opposing defenses something else to worry about and also compete for time of possesion. We all saw how weak against the run the Pats were on Sunday and what a good running game can do...so I hope Veach has plans to land a quality RB In the offseason. Most teams have their number one back so the draft could be kind to us tbh with Taylor Swift.

She's worth a look.l

UChieffyBugger
11-05-2019, 10:55 AM
WTF is your point?

Smh some folks are just PLAIN DUMB around here :banghead:

KAREEM WAS ON TARGET TO BE A TOP 5 RUSHER BEFORE HE GOT CUT...use your frikking brain please.

DaFace
11-05-2019, 10:56 AM
I mean, cool that it happened, but 91 yards of it came on one play...

UChieffyBugger
11-05-2019, 10:56 AM
Did Kareem play Sunday? When does he play again? Browns should just trade him at this point.

He's set to return this week apparently.

UChieffyBugger
11-05-2019, 10:58 AM
I mean, cool that it happened, but 91 yards of it came on one play...

Lol EXACTLY..which further underlines how bad we are at running the ball :evil:

Pitt Gorilla
11-05-2019, 11:02 AM

Kareem has been missed this season far more than I think people wanted to admit when we let him go.
Clearly, I thought it was stupid to release him (because it clearly was). I still think that is the case. BUT, we were going to have to replace him at some point anyway, as we shouldn’t be giving a back a ton of cash.

UChieffyBugger
11-05-2019, 11:03 AM

Melvin Gordon is likely to be a free agent in the offseason so If Veach was interested in Bell then I wonder If he'll look at Gordon? Especially If Melvin is up for getting a little revenge against the Bolts :D

Wallcrawler
11-05-2019, 11:13 AM
Kareem Hunt is a lying thug who is one misstep from being out of the league, with a history of off field violent altercations.

Chiefs cut bait. Deal with it. Im so sick of hearing about Kareem ****ing Hunt. Andy's terrible play selection putting everything on Mahomes early in the year, and the complete lack of o line play has been the reason there is no run game.

We never missed a ****ing beat when he left last year, and were an offside penalty from being in the superbowl.

Williams just showed hes a threat to score from ANYWHERE on the ****ing field against a monster defense. Try giving more carries than what, 12 has been his max this year?

Draft o line, not hb.

O.city
11-05-2019, 11:18 AM
I actually agree that the RB is so much of what his OL is, I'd just beef the OL.

Unless Ettienne is there. Then I'd take him.

UChieffyBugger
11-05-2019, 11:20 AM
Kareem Hunt is a lying thug who is one misstep from being out of the league, with a history of off field violent altercations.

Chiefs cut bait. Deal with it. Im so sick of hearing about Kareem ****ing Hunt. Andy's terrible play selection putting everything on Mahomes early in the year, and the complete lack of o line play has been the reason there is no run game.

We never missed a ****ing beat when he left last year, and were an offside penalty from being in the superbowl.

Williams just showed hes a threat to score from ANYWHERE on the ****ing field against a monster defense. Try giving more carries than what, 12 has been his max this year?

Draft o line, not hb.

Lol we can't run the damn ball to save our life and put everything on the shoulders of Pat which has seen him get banged up this year...plus we lose TOP almost every week which cost us against the Colts and Texans...and this guy thinks we don't need a quality RB? SMH LMAO

O.city
11-05-2019, 11:20 AM
They have a few quality RB's. They don't need an elite one.

They need to invest heavily in the OL.

WhiteWhale
11-05-2019, 11:24 AM
Clearly, I thought it was stupid to release him (because it clearly was). I still think that is the case. BUT, we were going to have to replace him at some point anyway, as we shouldn’t be giving a back a ton of cash.

Andy will find someone. He always does.

Not this season though. KC misjudged what Williams could contribute. I mean it was a nice run, but he's been extremely ineffective most of the season.

I still think KC is capable of having a good running game, but you have to try and run the ball to do that.

Pitt Gorilla
11-05-2019, 11:25 AM

KC misjudged what Williams could contribute. I mean it was a nice run, but he's been extremely ineffective most of the season.That's the hope. I thought Daryl was going to be that guy.

UChieffyBugger
11-05-2019, 11:25 AM
I actually agree that the RB is so much of what his OL is, I'd just beef the OL.

Unless Ettienne is there. Then I'd take him.

There's a reason why Williams was a back-up for all his career before Hunt got cut...time to get s real stud. Hunt prospered with our current O-line so that's no excuse imo.

MahiMike
11-05-2019, 11:28 AM
Shady and Darwin need more carries.

WhiteWhale
11-05-2019, 11:30 AM
Lol we can't run the damn ball to save our life and put everything on the shoulders of Pat which has seen him get banged up this year...plus we lose TOP almost every week which cost us against the Colts and Texans...and this guy thinks we don't need a quality RB? SMH LMAO

KC is ranked 13th in Yards per attempt and 24th in attempts.

Most teams below KC are awful teams who are getting blown out a lot. Falcons, Bengals, Jets, Dolphins, Bears, Redskins, Browns...

It's not that they can't run, it's that they're just not doing it.

Warpaint69
11-05-2019, 11:30 AM
Shady and Darwin need more carries.

So Shady can fumble more? Hard pass

Hoover
11-05-2019, 11:50 AM
Say it with me friends...

Andy Reid + Patrick Mahomes = passing team.

We will NEVER pound the ball in a game. NEVER

TEX
11-05-2019, 11:53 AM

Draft o line, not hb.

U R dumb. Oh - and draft both.

comochiefsfan
11-05-2019, 11:53 AM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/SharpScientificAfricanharrierhawk-size_restricted.gif

What a monster. The Chiefs (and myself) miss this guy so much.

TEX
11-05-2019, 11:56 AM
So Shady can fumble more? Hard pass

This

O.city
11-05-2019, 12:00 PM

This.

I don't really know why theres an obsession with running the ball and running backs around here. Sure, get a good one. I'm still going to prefer to have my MVP all timer at QB throw the ball.

Pitt Gorilla
11-05-2019, 12:00 PM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/SharpScientificAfricanharrierhawk-size_restricted.gif

What a monster. The Chiefs (and myself) miss this guy so much.

Watch any of his highlights against the donx. Dude was always a beast against our rival.

WhiteWhale
11-05-2019, 12:01 PM

JFC, nobody is asking to run 50/50.

This 'drop back pass every play with no creativity' stuff Andy was doing for weeks was getting Mahomes battered. It's not how Mahomes threw 50 TD's last year either and it was causing the offense to struggle.

JFC, do people not understand how much danger that kind of gameplan puts a QB in? Play action. Misdirection. Draws. Screens. Mixing these things up is more effective than "Hey, let's drop back and throw deep" on every play. It also does more to keep your QB from taking a dozen hits in each game.

Hoover
11-05-2019, 12:02 PM
The Hunt thing sucks, but I'd never give him or any other back a big second contract.

I'd draft a RB in the 3rd/4th/5th round every year. Stay young, stay talented. These guys play special teams too.

O.city
11-05-2019, 12:02 PM

This 'drop back pass every play with no creativity' stuff Andy was doing for weeks was getting Mahomes battered. It's not how Mahomes threw 50 TD's last year either and it was causing the offense to struggle.

JFC, do people not understand how much danger that kind of gameplan puts a QB in? Play action. Misdirection. Draws. Screens. Mixing these things up is more effective than "Hey, let's drop back and throw deep" on every play.

He got hit a lot last year too. I don't think much really changed.

Sure, they could stand to run the ball more at times. In the end, Mahomes needs the ball.

WhiteWhale
11-05-2019, 12:04 PM
This.

I don't really know why theres an obsession with running the ball and running backs around here. Sure, get a good one. I'm still going to prefer to have my MVP all timer at QB throw the ball.

Yeah, and you won't have that if KC drops back and throws deep on 80% of snaps because he'll be getting smashed a dozen times a game by 300 pound men with bad intentions.

If you want him to play, you may consider protecting his health as well. It's not just running, but more creative and diverse playcalling in general.

What you want is what Detroit has done with Matt Stafford. "Hey dude, let's pass it 700 times! Yeah!"

How's that worked out for Stafford's career?

There's a reason NFL teams don't pass 80% of the time.

WhiteWhale
11-05-2019, 12:05 PM
He got hit a lot last year too. I don't think much really changed.

Sure, they could stand to run the ball more at times. In the end, Mahomes needs the ball.

This isn't the big 12. NO matter how much you want it to be. If you can't run, you'll struggle to close.

O.city
11-05-2019, 12:06 PM
Yeah, and you won't have that if KC drops back and throws deep on 80% of snaps because he'll be getting smashed a dozen times a game by 300 pound men with bad intentions.

If you want him to play, you may consider protecting his health as well.

Well, a lot of that is on him. I don't think they've really changed the routes to throw the ball deep that many snaps, so maybe sometimes get it out quick and let the dudes run.

comochiefsfan
11-05-2019, 12:06 PM
This.

The passing game will be much more effective when there is a legitimate running threat to take the pressure off Pat.

O.city
11-05-2019, 12:07 PM
This isn't the big 12. NO matter how much you want it to be. If you can't run, you'll struggle to close.

Sure. Again, that needs to be more because they've invested in the OL than the RB spot though.

Throw to get ahead, run to win.

Hoover
11-05-2019, 12:09 PM

JFC, do people not understand how much danger that kind of gameplan puts a QB in? Play action. Misdirection. Draws. Screens. Mixing these things up is more effective than "Hey, let's drop back and throw deep" on every play. It also does more to keep your QB from taking a dozen hits in each game.
yeah you are.

I don't think Andy has even opened the play book this year. I think he's sitting on a ton of motion, screens, and what not. I also think we will run the ball better moving forward. Our injuries would make most teams sub .500 teams.

KChiefs1
11-05-2019, 12:09 PM
Watch any of his highlights against the donx. Dude was always a beast against our rival.

Patriots too.

WhiteWhale
11-05-2019, 12:10 PM
Well, a lot of that is on him. I don't think they've really changed the routes to throw the ball deep that many snaps, so maybe sometimes get it out quick and let the dudes run.

It's a lack of diversity. We've seen it return with Moore because Andy knows he HAS to protect him.

With Mahomes it was a LOT of just drop back in the shotgun over and over. It makes the pass rusher's jobs easier.

Mix it up. Runs, screens, misdirections, play action, ect. Slow down the rush. I had no idea this 'slow down the rush' concept was so abstract to football fans. It seems like everyone is confused about why this stuff matters.

Andy was taking his talents for granted and in doing so not maximizing them. Ever since the Lions game it's been that way and it's been an issue. I just don't want him to go back to THAT when we do get him back. We can protect him and allow him to be a star at the same time.

Pitt Gorilla
11-05-2019, 12:10 PM
Sure. Again, that needs to be more because they've invested in the OL than the RB spot though.

Throw to get ahead, run to win.

We’ve had opportunities to invest in the center position and have refused every time.

TEX
11-05-2019, 12:11 PM

Exactly the case my man!

Hoover
11-05-2019, 12:13 PM
It's a lack of diversity. We've seen it return with Moore because Andy knows he HAS to protect him.

With Mahomes it was a LOT of just drop back in the shotgun over and over. It makes the pass rusher's jobs easier.

Mix it up. Runs, screens, misdirections, play action, ect. Slow down the rush. I had no idea this 'slow down the rush' concept was so abstract to football fans. It seems like everyone is confused about why this stuff matters.

Andy was taking his talents for granted and in doing so not maximizing them. Ever since the Lions game it's been that way and it's been an issue. I just don't want him to go back to THAT when we do get him back. We can protect him and allow him to be a star at the same time.
I think Andy knows the games he needs to win are in the playoffs. What good does it do to looks amazing in week 6? And I'm also not shocked that the Chiefs defense looked better once we played Denver. Yeah it takes time, but when you look at the schedule I'm sure the play was to have the Defense running well by that Denver game.

WhiteWhale
11-05-2019, 12:13 PM
The passing game will be much more effective when there is a legitimate running threat to take the pressure off Pat.

KC is 13th in yards per attempt.

The narrative that KC can't run is false.

You have to call running plays. KC has 322 pass attempts (if you count sacks it's 338 pass calls ) and 188 rush attempts.

That isn't 'slightly' out of whack. I'ts not 'pass heavy'. It borders on one dimensional. Since running is effective on a per carry basis, there's no real REASON for this exaggerated disparity.

Even if they don't change this ratio, he can at least be a bit more creative when Mahomes comes back like he was last season. Andy is always out of whack, but he's usually much more creative... as he has been the last two weeks with Moore starting.

YontsRBake
11-05-2019, 12:15 PM
This is a flawed stat since we’ve had several games where multiple backs combined for 100+. Since were a team that splits carries, the overall rushing total is what matters.

The issues we do have rushing are the result of having a beat up O line. When the line is healthy and actually blocks, Damien goes off.

Spending big money on a RB is the worst thing this team could do. That $$ needs to go into OL, MLB, and DB. Not wasted on a RB. Hunt being a moron was a blessing in disguise cause he would have required a major contract extension that is WAY better spent elsewhere.

Chief Roundup
11-05-2019, 12:28 PM
I have yet to see where anyone tied to the Chiefs FO such as Matt Derrick, Terez Paylor or Nate Taylor say that Veach was actually trying to get Bell. I do not believe he was, that was just scuttle butt by the general media.
Our RBs have had 161 attempts to run the ball. Where our QBs have had 332 attempts of passing the ball. It is hard to establish the run when the coaches don't try and run the ball. The problem is not the RB it is the OL and coaching, if you are looking at the running game as a problem.

eDave
11-05-2019, 01:52 PM

Back to us.

-King-
11-05-2019, 02:01 PM
WTF is your point?

Grand opening, Grand closing.

suzzer99
11-05-2019, 02:04 PM
Anybody who can't see Hunt was a legit weapon the other team had to account for doesn't really understand football. I don't care about his stats - they had to gameplan around him which opened things up for the passing game. Also he never fumbled, which as we have seen lately is kind of an important part of the process. When we got a nice lead, you could just pound Hunt into them all day until they wore down and he broke a big one. I firmly believe if he doesn't get a first down on 3rd and 9 vs. Pitt, all on his own effort, we lose that game.

Our offense when totally healthy last year, with Hunt, might have been the most potent offense ever assembled. 4 skill players with HOF potential (Mahomes, Hill and Kelce are almost locks at this point if they stay healthy and out of trouble), and Watkins a super-plus player. And 4 pro-bowl level o-linemen. And one of the greatest offensive coaches in NFL history.

Hoover
11-05-2019, 02:11 PM
Agree. Hunt was an awesome back. And it sucks that he's not here.

Hunt was the perfect back for our 1st year starting QB too. Still, even if he was here, and Pat is healthy, I don't think Andy Reid and the Chiefs look like the Vikings.

comochiefsfan
11-05-2019, 02:12 PM
Agree. Hunt was an awesome back. And it sucks that he's not here.

Hunt was the perfect back for our 1st year starting QB too. Still, even if he was here, and Pat is healthy, I don't think Andy Reid and the Chiefs look like the Vikings.

Nobody wants to be the Vikings. Not with Pat.

We just need the offense to be more balanced than it has been up to this point.

Chargem
11-05-2019, 03:58 PM
Surely you have to look at play action when comparing run vs pass attempts? If play action plus actual run attempts is more like 50%, you can't tell me that the run game needs to be established.

And, my feeling is that spending high draft picks or pretty much any amount of cap on running backs is retarded. If you want to protect Pat, invest in the line. It will get you more out of your run game as well as protecting Pat, the investment returns double.

BryanBusby
11-05-2019, 04:04 PM

Not this season though. KC misjudged what Williams could contribute. I mean it was a nice run, but he's been extremely ineffective most of the season.

I still think KC is capable of having a good running game, but you have to try and run the ball to do that.
They didn't misjudge anything. They don't have unlimited resources and had to flip a lot of roster spots so not every position can be addressed to your liking in a single offseason.

ThyKingdomCome15
11-05-2019, 04:12 PM
Should have never cut Kareem. It cost us the Super Bowl.

BryanBusby
11-05-2019, 04:14 PM
Kareem Hunt shouldn't have been out assaulting women. It's 100% on Kareem Hunt.

-King-
11-05-2019, 04:21 PM

How exactly did it cost us the Superbowl? Please do tell.

Chief Pagan
11-05-2019, 04:24 PM
WTF is your point?

And he has only had one fumble in his NFL career. I wouldn’t have signed him to a big second contract, but it sucks KC didn’t get all of his rookie contract.

Bump
11-05-2019, 04:32 PM
What we've learned is that unless the player is going to be kicked out of the league for good or he's going to prison or something like that, never release a player for off the field shit. Some other team just gets him for free when you do that.

CoMoChief
11-05-2019, 04:37 PM
Wish wed trade for Kareem in offseason.

Still pissed he was let go.

CoMoChief
11-05-2019, 04:38 PM

Kareem was a Pats killer.

Doubt the Chiefs are held to 0 1st half pts had Kareem been playing.

limested
11-05-2019, 04:43 PM

:rolleyes:

-King-
11-05-2019, 04:45 PM

You realize he wouldn't have played that game even if we didn't cut him right?

ThyKingdomCome15
11-05-2019, 04:55 PM

Obvious. Kareem was a tackle breaking machine. Plus he was strong as a bull in short yardage. Dude could drive his legs like a bull dozer. Since we didn't have him NE only focused on Mahomes in the back field.

(It's not a knock on Williams. Williams is solid. But Kareem was to our RB core what Tyreek is to our WR's. Williams is Sammy Watkins. It would've made all the difference. Plus Kareem had mad chemistry with our 1's. Kelce, Mahomes, and Tyreek all loved the guy. Even Kelce took heat later on for saying cutting Kareem tore his heart our. Easily one of the most beloved players in the Chiefs Kingdom. Its something you cant replace with simply a decent player like .... Damian Williams. It made all the difference.)

limested
11-05-2019, 05:11 PM
Obvious. Kareem was a tackle breaking machine. Plus he was strong as a bull in short yardage. Dude could drive his legs like a bull dozer. Since we didn't have him NE only focused on Mahomes in the back field.

(It's not a knock on Williams. Williams is solid. But Kareem was to our RB core what Tyreek is to our WR's. Williams is Sammy Watkins. It would've made all the difference. Plus Kareem had mad chemistry with our 1's. Kelce, Mahomes, and Tyreek all loved the guy. Even Kelce took heat later on for saying cutting Kareem tore his heart our. Easily one of the most beloved players in the Chiefs Kingdom. Its something you cant replace with simply a decent player like .... Damian Williams. It made all the difference.)

Please explain how Hunt realistically would have helped KC against the Pats in the AFCCG.

Pitt Gorilla
11-05-2019, 05:11 PM
What we've learned is that unless the player is going to be kicked out of the league for good or he's going to prison or something like that, never release a player for off the field shit. Some other team just gets him for free when you do that.

We knew that from the get go. Only emotionally idiotic Chief Fan/Clark ever thought otherwise.

-King-
11-05-2019, 05:12 PM

I know all that. So how did cutting him cost us the Superbowl when he couldn't have played in the playoffs even if we didn't cut him?

limested
11-05-2019, 05:13 PM
I know all that. So how did cutting him cost us the Superbowl when he couldn't have played in the playoffs even if we didn't cut him?

You were supposed to let him struggle to argue we would have won with Hunt still on the team.

ModSocks
11-05-2019, 05:16 PM

Yup, totally agree. You can see the difference in the Packers game. The Packers game looked like the Chiefs offense we're accustomed to seeing. Prior to that, it looked like everything was on Mahomes. Very little creativity around the LoS. It returned when Mahomes went down.

ThyKingdomCome15
11-05-2019, 05:33 PM

Too easy. Nobody really cared about what happened because he's still in the NFL. (<----Obvious! You know I'm right.) So the big deal is the fact those tapes came out and and embarrassed the league. So, those tapes should have been disposed of. (TMZ didn't care. They just pay for headlines).

So if Clark Hunt would have really been on his game he would have contacted the mafia. The media would have taken care of the rest. (Deals they cant refuse or what not.) But, our owner is soft and that's why he doesnt have ring.

But yeah, you're saying Kareem wasn't going to play a down no matter what for the rest of the year. I challenge that. Six games? That's still pretty hefty for a first time offender and no charges.

LoneWolf
11-05-2019, 05:52 PM
The offensive line has been patchwork almost the entire season due to injuries. Kareem Hunt never ran behind this type of offensive line, but sure let's waste draft capital on probably the least valued position in football just above punter and kicker. Offensive lines make running backs, not the other way around. Williams was perfectly fine last season when he took over for Hunt (the chiefs didn't miss a beat). Now that Fisher, LDT, and Morse are gone the dumb fuck OP want to blame the RB.

Your next good idea will be your first.

-King-
11-05-2019, 05:52 PM
Too easy. Nobody really cared about what happened because he's still in the NFL. (<----Obvious! You know I'm right.) So the big deal is the fact those tapes came out and and embarrassed the league. So, those tapes should have been disposed of. (TMZ didn't care. They just pay for headlines).

So if Clark Hunt would have really been on his game he would have contacted the mafia. The media would have taken care of the rest. (Deals they cant refuse or what not.) But, our owner is soft and that's why he doesnt have ring.

But yeah, you're saying Kareem wasn't going to play a down no matter what for the rest of the year. I challenge that. Six games? That's still pretty hefty for a first time offender and no charges.

He was on the commissioners exempt list well after the season ended and then was suspended for an additional 8 games.

ThyKingdomCome15
11-05-2019, 06:21 PM
He was on the commissioners exempt list well after the season ended and then was suspended for an additional 8 games.

Your assertion is skewed in some sense. Because he wasn't on a team there was no pressure to get it straightened out. It became an after thought. Clark Hunt made it easy on the NFL by releasing him. They put Kareem on the back burner. And the fact he remained on list until after the season is moot. He wasn't missing games. It didnt matter.

But anyway, I'm pretty over this. Had he not been cut maybe there was a small chance he plays in the Playoffs? Unlikely I guess. But we'll never know because Clark Hunts pride was hurt when the video was released. Dude should still be on the team at a minimum. Now hes rotting in Clevleland. (Some would call it poetic justice lol. It was... a horrible day in the Chiefs Kingdom. Still hurts.)

UChieffyBugger
11-05-2019, 08:00 PM
The offensive line has been patchwork almost the entire season due to injuries. Kareem Hunt never ran behind this type of offensive line, but sure let's waste draft capital on probably the least valued position in football just above punter and kicker. Offensive lines make running backs, not the other way around. Williams was perfectly fine last season when he took over for Hunt (the chiefs didn't miss a beat). Now that Fisher, LDT, and Morse are gone the dumb **** OP want to blame the RB.

Your next good idea will be your first.

I read garbage like this and I honestly wonder if folks actually understand the frikking game? Saints, Pats, Cowboys, Packers, Seattle, Ravens etc etc ALL HAVE A HIGHLY RATED THREE-DOWN BACK!!..and guess what that allows them to do? Dominate on the ground, keep defenses on the field and run the clock down....WILLIAMS IS NOT THE GUY TO DO THAT REGARDLESS OF WHAT LINE WE HAVE..but hey, you obviously "know better", right? Smh :rolleyes:

OrtonsPiercedTaint
11-05-2019, 08:04 PM
Belldozer's dingleberry has more class

LoneWolf
11-05-2019, 08:22 PM
I read garbage like this and I honestly wonder if folks actually understand the frikking game? Saints, Pats, Cowboys, Packers, Seattle, Ravens etc etc ALL HAVE A HIGHLY RATED THREE-DOWN BACK!!..and guess what that allows them to do? Dominate on the ground, keep defenses on the field and run the clock down....WILLIAMS IS NOT THE GUY TO DO THAT REGARDLESS OF WHAT LINE WE HAVE..but hey, you obviously "know better", right? Smh :rolleyes:

With the exception of Elliot in Dallas, which one of those teams wasted tons of draft capital on a running back? You have got to be the dumbest football poster on CP.

Bump
11-05-2019, 09:18 PM
We knew that from the get go. Only emotionally idiotic Chief Fan/Clark ever thought otherwise.

I know, but it should be reinforced to the emotionally idiotic that just because twatter is freaking out over it, you shouldn't listen to it.

dlphg9
11-05-2019, 09:55 PM
Ummm you do realize in Hunts last 13 games with KC he had exactly one 100 yd rushing game and so with 2 we've had double that amount in just 16 games. So that is kind of a dumb measure to go off of. When you have
Mahomes RBs don't matter.

UChieffyBugger
11-05-2019, 10:04 PM
With the exception of Elliot in Dallas, which one of those teams wasted tons of draft capital on a running back? You have got to be the dumbest football poster on CP.

Ravens are paying Ingram big money, Sony Michel WAS A FIRST ROUND pick, Rashard Penny...FIRST ROUND PICK. Too many idiots are buying into this foolish notion that "you can play any old RB and get the job done" and that's simply BS!!. We've got three guys on our roster and our running game has been woeful all year...FACT.

Chiefspants
11-05-2019, 10:06 PM

Pats shut us down in exactly the same way in Foxboro earlier in the year. Went into the half down two scores there as well.

Kareem was good. I don’t see him changing the outcome of the Pats game in Arrowhead, though.

UChieffyBugger
11-05-2019, 10:07 PM
Ummm you do realize in Hunts last 13 games with KC he had exactly one 100 yd rushing game and so with 2 we've had double that amount in just 16 games. So that is kind of a dumb measure to go off of. When you have
Mahomes RBs don't matter.

SMH another pathetic post from a poster who seemingly didn't read the damn OP!! :banghead: . Having a guy like Hunt meant TEAMS HAD TO PAY ATTENTION TO HIM!!..without that threat and having average RB's on our roster we have no respectable running game and teams are happy to leave the box empty and not get punished. Do the maths please. Folks love to bring up Hunts stats like he wasn't one of the leading rushers before he was cut!! smh.

UChieffyBugger
11-05-2019, 10:09 PM
Pats shut us down in exactly the same way in Foxboro earlier in the year. Went into the half down two scores there as well.

Kareem was good. I don’t see him changing the outcome of the Pats game in Arrowhead, though.

Kareem actually averaged around five yards a carry In that game and also scored that big TD for us to get back into the game..suggesting he wouldn't have made a difference is just not true.

Wallcrawler
11-05-2019, 11:29 PM

Lol. The Pats killer that helped us to what, 9 points in the first half of the regular season matchup with them?

Lol. Pats killer.

Yes.

Wallcrawler
11-05-2019, 11:33 PM
Ravens are paying Ingram big money, Sony Michel WAS A FIRST ROUND pick, Rashard Penny...FIRST ROUND PICK. Too many idiots are buying into this foolish notion that "you can play any old RB and get the job done" and that's simply BS!!. We've got three guys on our roster and our running game has been woeful all year...FACT.

Rb by committee has always been shit. Nobody gets a feel for the game on 9 carries you fucking retard.

Andy needs to pick a starter, and commit 20+ carries if you want to see solid run game results. But you will nevee see that, because thats not who Andy Reid is, or ever will be.

Damien, or Fumblefingers. Pick one and stick with him.

Chiefshrink
11-05-2019, 11:39 PM

Draft o line, not hb.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

jerryaldini
11-05-2019, 11:39 PM
Shady would be fine for this season if he'd just promise Andy he would tuck the ball.

UChieffyBugger
11-06-2019, 12:00 AM
Rb by committee has always been shit. Nobody gets a feel for the game on 9 carries you ****ing retard.

Andy needs to pick a starter, and commit 20+ carries if you want to see solid run game results. But you will nevee see that, because thats not who Andy Reid is, or ever will be.

Damien, or Fumblefingers. Pick one and stick with him.

He gave Kareem plenty of carries but he clearly doesn't trust the rb's we have on this roster. And with the reports suggesting we wanted Bell I can certainly see a new RB coming In the offseason via FA or draft pick In the first three rounds. We simply cannot move forward with such a weak running game.

RaidersOftheCellar
11-06-2019, 12:21 AM
Hunt won’t look nearly as strong in Cleveland. Wait for it.

KC doesn’t “need” an elite RB. It was a luxury. Still an all-time great offense without him. As this one will be if they get healthy.

dlphg9
11-06-2019, 12:27 AM
SMH another pathetic post from a poster who seemingly didn't read the damn OP!! :banghead: . Having a guy like Hunt meant TEAMS HAD TO PAY ATTENTION TO HIM!!..without that threat and having average RB's on our roster we have no respectable running game and teams are happy to leave the box empty and not get punished. Do the maths please. Folks love to bring up Hunts stats like he wasn't one of the leading rushers before he was cut!! smh.

Youre the fucking idiot that made a thread about 100 yard rushing games. It was literally your whole basis for this post. I know Kareem was good, but RBs don't matter, especially when you have this offense.

UChieffyBugger
11-06-2019, 12:42 AM
Youre the ****ing idiot that made a thread about 100 yard rushing games. It was literally your whole basis for this post. I know Kareem was good, but RBs don't matter, especially when you have this offense.

WRONG AGAIN!!...i didn't say anything about "100 yard rushing games"...I said "IT WAS ONLY THE SECOND TIME THAT A RB HAS RUSHED FOR A 100 YARDS"... so if you're gonna talk trash, at least get your facts right. Your last point is complete garbage as well. " running backs don't matter"..oh really? So why did Hyde, Mack and Jones kill us at arrowhead then? Is it just a "coincidence"? Smh.

rabblerouser
11-06-2019, 12:57 AM

Sounds like we need an Oline, ya big fucking dummy.

dlphg9
11-06-2019, 01:01 AM
WRONG AGAIN!!...i didn't say anything about "100 yard rushing games"...I said "IT WAS ONLY THE SECOND TIME THAT A RB HAS RUSHED FOR A 100 YARDS"... so if you're gonna talk trash, at least get your facts right. Your last point is complete garbage as well. " running backs don't matter"..oh really? So why did Hyde, Mack and Jones kill us at arrowhead then? Is it just a "coincidence"? Smh.

You really are a complete moron. It's not even worth the effort to argue with you. So im not gonna waste my time with your illiterate ass.

UChieffyBugger
11-06-2019, 01:08 AM
You really are a complete moron. It's not even worth the effort to argue with you. So im not gonna waste my time with your illiterate ass.

Lol YEP..RUN OFF LIKE THE COWARD YOU ARE AFTER LOOKING LIKE A COMPLETE FOOL AFTER I SHUT DOWN YOUR STUPID, DELUSIONAL ARGUMENTS :D .

Chargem
11-06-2019, 01:48 AM
Who cares if its one RB getting 100+ yards or the team getting 100+ yards as a unit? Does it make any difference?

Bump
11-06-2019, 01:50 AM
Who cares if its one RB getting 100+ yards or the team getting 100+ yards as a unit? Does it make any difference?

ya it definitely makes a difference having a stud RB that makes big plays regularly

UChieffyBugger
11-06-2019, 01:58 AM

Yes because when you have a stud RB who can get you 100 yards it means the defense has to plan for him which opens up other areas for Pat. It also would allow us to hold the ball for longer and wear out the opposition.

Chargem
11-06-2019, 02:25 AM
ya it definitely makes a difference having a stud RB that makes big plays regularly

Yes because when you have a stud RB who can get you 100 yards it means the defense has to plan for him which opens up other areas for Pat. It also would allow us to hold the ball for longer and wear out the opposition.

I understand the argument for having an effective running game, but there is literally no difference between having one guy getting 100 yards and two guys getting 50 each. If the defense doesn't plan for two no name guys and they get easy yards because of it, how is that not a win? You guys are literally forgetting the point of the offense is to score points.

Probably everyone on the whole damn forum would probably be happy with a better running back. The only difference is some people understand that with limited resources you can't be amazing everywhere, and having a good running back doesn't move the needle enough to make heavy investment in one worthwhile.

For every example you can give me of a runningback investment paying off, I can give you several where it hasn't. From the Steelers or Chargers not losing a step in their run game despite losing their featured back, to Lindsay in Denver proving that a UFA can get the job done.

Sony Michel and Rashad Penny also got mentioned in this thread, and those are shitty examples as well - both are first round picks and both are in committee systems, Penny is basically a back up to Carson not even a committee really.

Not to mention clearly wasted picks like Fournette.

rabblerouser
11-06-2019, 02:53 AM

Well, maybe Reid should run the ball more.

Hunt didn't do shit last year during that stretch of games where Reid forgot to call run plays, ya know??

UChieffyBugger
11-06-2019, 02:57 AM
I understand the argument for having an effective running game, but there is literally no difference between having one guy getting 100 yards and two guys getting 50 each. If the defense doesn't plan for two no name guys and they get easy yards because of it, how is that not a win? You guys are literally forgetting the point of the offense is to score points.

Probably everyone on the whole damn forum would probably be happy with a better running back. The only difference is some people understand that with limited resources you can't be amazing everywhere, and having a good running back doesn't move the needle enough to make heavy investment in one worthwhile.

For every example you can give me of a runningback investment paying off, I can give you several where it hasn't. From the Steelers or Chargers not losing a step in their run game despite losing their featured back, to Lindsay in Denver proving that a UFA can get the job done.

Sony Michel and Rashad Penny also got mentioned in this thread, and those are shitty examples as well - both are first round picks and both are in committee systems, Penny is basically a back up to Carson not even a committee really.

Not to mention clearly wasted picks like Fournette.

Michel was huge for the Pats in the playoofs last year..so you're wrong there. Also Mccafrey, Cook, Barkley, Zeke etc are all first and second round picks and worth every penny. I also disagree about the Steelers and Bolts as this year both took a step back but surprise surprise as soon as Gordon starta playing well the Bolts start winning....

Your point about "two backs" is also not proving to be true In KC. We have four backs on the roster and our run game stinks..this is why it's time to cut the BS and get a quality back In the next draft imo.

rabblerouser
11-06-2019, 05:04 AM

It's because the OLINE has AIDS - FACT!

Better Oline = better production - FACT!

More 21 and 12 personnel packages would also help - FACT!

Andy Reid often treats the run game as an afterthought, or forgets about it entirely - FACT!

UL'ilChieffyBurger is too fucking stupid to understand what any of that means - FACT!

UChieffyBugger
11-06-2019, 06:32 AM
It's because the OLINE has AIDS - FACT!

Better Oline = better production - FACT!

More 21 and 12 personnel packages would also help - FACT!

Andy Reid often treats the run game as an afterthought, or forgets about it entirely - FACT!

UL'ilChieffyBurger is too ****ing stupid to understand what any of that means - FACT!

Lol AND JUST LIKE CLOCKWORK THE BIGGEST DUNCE ON THE FORUM COMES FLYING IN TO HAVE A CRY..WHAT A SURPRISE :LOL: ...most of the o-line Kareem had are still there but of course this idiot is a sheep so he spews the same bs other idiots do and blames the line for every problem known to man....IT'S STUPID.

Coogs
11-06-2019, 06:33 AM

So you are saying Hunt would have had that 4th TD that Williams wasn't able to get on the overthrow?

Chris Meck
11-06-2019, 08:00 AM
Lol YEP..RUN OFF LIKE THE COWARD YOU ARE AFTER LOOKING LIKE A COMPLETE FOOL AFTER I SHUT DOWN YOUR STUPID, DELUSIONAL ARGUMENTS :D .

dude, you just look at a basic stat-line and make all your judgements right there, without any other considerations.

You like seeing ONE back with 100 plus yards on the page.

You think that's worth a #1 pick, and if we just had ONE back that was running for 100 plus yards every game we'd be better.

Never mind that we've had a ton of offensive line injuries so the run blocking has been pretty lousy.

Never mind that Andy Reid, since Mahomes doesn't run the ball very often at all. Even when Hunt was in there, his carries dropped dramatically. ONE 100 yard game in his last 16 games. So in fact, the TWO since he's been gone would be an improvement.

Never mind that having 2 runners with 50 plus yards is just as good, and in some ways can actually be better, as the different styles and skillsets of the guys involved can stress a defense in different ways.

But Sony Michel!!!
Yeah, but James White.

See what I mean? Nah, you don't. See, this is an example of a nation-wide problem we have right now in that people just come to an opinion completely devoid of factual evidence and then just dig in. No matter how many facts that contradict them, they just dig right in and believe what they want to believe regardless of all evidence to the contrary.

It's stupid.

UChieffyBugger
11-06-2019, 12:01 PM
dude, you just look at a basic stat-line and make all your judgements right there, without any other considerations.

You think that's worth a #1 pick, and if we just had ONE back that was running for 100 plus yards every game we'd be better.

Never mind that we've had a ton of offensive line injuries so the run blocking has been pretty lousy.

Never mind that Andy Reid, since Mahomes doesn't run the ball very often at all. Even when Hunt was in there, his carries dropped dramatically. ONE 100 yard game in his last 16 games. So in fact, the TWO since he's been gone would be an improvement.

Never mind that having 2 runners with 50 plus yards is just as good, and in some ways can actually be better, as the different styles and skillsets of the guys involved can stress a defense in different ways.

But Sony Michel!!!
Yeah, but James White.

See what I mean? Nah, you don't. See, this is an example of a nation-wide problem we have right now in that people just come to an opinion completely devoid of factual evidence and then just dig in. No matter how many facts that contradict them, they just dig right in and believe what they want to believe regardless of all evidence to the contrary.

It's stupid.

Lol oh look, it's the guy who got his panties in a twist last year on the draft forum because I insisted that we should consider drafting a quality RB LMAO . And excuse me where are these two magical rb's that can run 50 yards each per game? Because they don't appear to be on this roster. Secondly if your notion was true why do dallas, packers, saints, ravens, rams, pats etc all have one main three down back? And please don't embarrass yourself by mentioning "White" again because anyone with a brain knows all he does is catch the ball out of the backfield whilst Michel does ALL ground running.

rabblerouser
11-06-2019, 12:24 PM

But Sony Michel!!!
Yeah, but James White.

It's stupid.

I honestly don't understand how he still had thread starting privileges.

Chargem
11-06-2019, 12:55 PM
Michel was huge for the Pats in the playoofs last year.. so you're wrong there.

So Damien was huge in the play offs for the Chiefs - so that means we are fine by that logic.

Also Mccafrey, Cook, Barkley, Zeke etc are all first and second round picks and worth every penny.

How many super bowl rings do those guys have? How many play off appearances? Do you think the Panthers, Vikings, Giants or Cowboys offense is better than the Chiefs? If the Chiefs have a better offense, why would they try and change to emulate a worse offense?

Barkley is also a classic example of why you don't waste resources on a running back. Is he an incredibly talented running back? Sure. Has his performance managed to lift the Giants offense above garbage? No. Then was he worth it?

I also disagree about the Steelers and Bolts as this year both took a step back but surprise surprise as soon as Gordon starta playing well the Bolts start winning....

This is where you don't do yourself any favours. The Steelers and Bolts ahve taken a step back this year in their run game? By what metric? Benny Snell, the 4th round pick, is averaging 4.2 yards a carry?

And yet more un-researched non-sense, the Bolts are winning since Gordon started playing? they are 2-3 since he came back, and one of those 2 wins they had a team total of 36 rushing yards. Gordon got 31 yards on 8 attempts against the Bears. Clearly an impact player?

Your point about "two backs" is also not proving to be true In KC. We have four backs on the roster and our run game stinks..this is why it's time to cut the BS and get a quality back In the next draft imo.

But does it stink? They don't have many 100 yard games from a single back, but again as has already been pointed out this is a dumb metric. The Chiefs are choosing to pass the ball more than run, and also to share carries between backs. You're not even considering efficiency when running, which is literally the only thing that matters in my opinion.

You sound like you would be happier if the Chiefs scored 20 points a game but had a single running back get 100+ yards, rather than have the Chiefs score 30 points but have two running backs get like 30 yards each.

tyecopeland
11-06-2019, 01:08 PM
Probably Q but...

How many 100 yard games has Kareem had since he left? How many would he have had if he hadn't been cut?

Hint: The answer to both questions is the same and it's less than 2.

MahiMike
11-06-2019, 01:11 PM
He's baaaack! And on my FF team.

rabblerouser
11-06-2019, 03:38 PM
Lol oh look, it's the guy who got his panties in a twist last year on the draft forum because I insisted that we should consider drafting a quality RB LMAO . And excuse me where are these two magical rb's that can run 50 yards each per game? Because they don't appear to be on this roster. Secondly if your notion was true why do dallas, packers, saints, ravens, rams, pats etc all have one main three down back? And please don't embarrass yourself by mentioning "White" again because anyone with a brain knows all he does is catch the ball out of the backfield whilst Michel does ALL ground running.

BECAUSE OUR OLINE IS TERRIBLE.

YOU'RE A FUCKING MORON.

AND EPSTEIN DIDN'T KILL HIMSELF.

Chris Meck
11-06-2019, 05:45 PM

Oh man.

We have 3 nice backs. Might have 4 once Darwin starts getting more snaps.

We don't have 100 yard rushers because we don't pound the rock 20+ times a game.

We wouldn't do that if we had any running back in the league. It's not what Andy Reid does, and you can like that or you can hate it, but it is what it is. The only way we have a back go for 100 is if he breaks a big one. In the Mahomes era, that's Andy Reid football.

Kareem Hunt would still not have any more 100 yard games than Williams has. Kareem Hunt had ONE last season. Williams has had TWO since then.

But by all means, ignore that facts.

you really are a stupid motherfucker.

Wallcrawler
11-06-2019, 05:58 PM
Draft O line. Number one to protect 15 for the next 15 years, and two, solid o line helps rushing attack. You don't honestly believe that turd rb for the Colts is actually that good, do you?

That O line is also making Jacoby freaking Brisset look like an actual starting qb.

suzzer99
11-06-2019, 06:04 PM
Exactly. You can still get really good value at O-line drafting late in the first round. Maybe not elite but very good. It's much tougher to get even very good CBs or Edge rushers at that spot.

And with what we're going to have to pay Mahomes I think an elite LT would be a problem. Fisher was perfect. Very good but not demanding top 5 LT money.

rabblerouser
11-06-2019, 06:59 PM
Oh man.

We don't have 100 yard rushers because we don't pound the rock 20+ times a game.

We wouldn't do that if we had any running back in the league. It's not what Andy Reid does, and you can like that or you can hate it, but it is what it is. The only way we have a back go for 100 is if he breaks a big one. In the Mahomes era, that's Andy Reid football.

Kareem Hunt would still not have any more 100 yard games than Williams has. Kareem Hunt had ONE last season. Williams has had TWO since then.

you really are a stupid mother****er.

This is all 100% accurate.

Especially the bolded part.

htismaqe
11-06-2019, 09:46 PM
Still obsessing over a thug that made his own bed. CP never disappoints.

Wallcrawler
11-06-2019, 09:49 PM
Still obsessing over a thug that made his own bed. CP never disappoints.

This. Im amazed hes stayed out of trouble this long.

UChieffyBugger
11-06-2019, 09:49 PM
So Damien was huge in the play offs for the Chiefs - so that means we are fine by that logic.
He was "huge" catching the ball, not really running it..hence why the Pats dominated the ball for 40 minutes with Michel doing most of the damage.

How many super bowl rings do those guys have? How many play off appearances? Do you think the Panthers, Vikings, Giants or Cowboys offense is better than the Chiefs? If the Chiefs have a better offense, why would they try and change to emulate a worse offense?
SMH who says we have to "change"? DIDN'T WE HAVE HUNT IN THIS SAME OFFENSE? All I want to see is a quality RB who can run the ball effectively..WHY ARE YOU SO AGAINST THAT?

Barkley is also a classic example of why you don't waste resources on a running back. Is he an incredibly talented running back? Sure. Has his performance managed to lift the Giants offense above garbage? No. Then was he worth it?
What has Mayfield, Rosen, Allen etc done exactly? Allen is aided by a defense and running game much like Lamar...Giants were spot on picking Barkley.

This is where you don't do yourself any favours. The Steelers and Bolts ahve taken a step back this year in their run game? By what metric? Benny Snell, the 4th round pick, is averaging 4.2 yards a carry?
The same Benny Snell who is behind two other RB's? ROFL Don't even try to argue that they are the same without Bell...because that's utterly foolish imo and their record proves it since he stopped playing for them.

And yet more un-researched non-sense, the Bolts are winning since Gordon started playing? they are 2-3 since he came back, and one of those 2 wins they had a team total of 36 rushing yards. Gordon got 31 yards on 8 attempts against the Bears. Clearly an impact player?
What was the Chargers record before he turned up? They were losing to the likes of Detriot and the Steelers and on Sunday they just blew out Green Bay...ignore the facts if you like but it won't make you right.

But does it stink? They don't have many 100 yard games from a single back, but again as has already been pointed out this is a dumb metric. The Chiefs are choosing to pass the ball more than run, and also to share carries between backs. You're not even considering efficiency when running, which is literally the only thing that matters in my opinion.
And you're seemingly too naive to understand simple logic...we're regularly losing time of possession, our run game is one of the worst in the league and they have been fumbling the ball like crazy...and most of the best teams have backs who are balancing out their attacking by getting large chunks on the ground. IF you're against having that in favour of the unbalanced crap we have now then good luck!!..we simply won't agree.

You sound like you would be happier if the Chiefs scored 20 points a game but had a single running back get 100+ yards, rather than have the Chiefs score 30 points but have two running backs get like 30 yards each.
And you sound like you're out of the Andy Reid school of thinking..."we don't need a good RB..just get any old scrubs off the street and we'll throw it a million times per game" SMH :rolleyes:

UChieffyBugger
11-06-2019, 09:53 PM
BECAUSE OUR OLINE IS TERRIBLE.

YOU'RE A ****ING MORON.

AND EPSTEIN DIDN'T KILL HIMSELF.

LOL is this crybaby still yapping? ROFL

SMH at this pathetic clown talking about a banged up O-line that has had to face some of the best defenses in the entire league!!...the same O-line Kareem flourished with.

Wallcrawler
11-06-2019, 09:53 PM
U R dumb. Oh - and draft both.

U R inbred.

UChieffyBugger
11-06-2019, 10:05 PM
Oh man.

you really are a stupid mother****er.

SMH and just like last year this moron is still too thick to comprehend the basics.

1. WE HAD AN ELITE RB AND ANDY WAS USING HIM JUST FINE TO BALANCE OUT THE ATTACK.

2. "Three nice backs"? Er one is a Dolphins reject who has taken a step back this season, the other is an undrafted prospect who Andy doesn't trust and the third one is a washed up star who keeps fumbling the damn ball...the bottom line is OUR RB ROOM ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH, PERIOD.

3. And folks love to talk as if Hunt had somehow regressed from his rookie year WHEN THE KID HAD 4.6 YARDS PER CARRY AND WAS AT 824 YARDS IN ELEVEN GAMES BEFORE GETTING CUT!!.. So he was very likely to have better stats than his rookie year.

But really why am I even trying to convince you anyway? You've clearly got SERIOUS issues when it pertains to the value of RB's so this exchange is pretty much a waste of time. Veach enquired about Bell at the deadline and will most likely draft one...I hope you don't take it to hard when he does :thumb: .

htismaqe
11-06-2019, 10:17 PM
Tonight we’re gonna party like it’s 1995...

rabblerouser
11-06-2019, 11:46 PM
LOL is this crybaby still yapping? ROFL

SMH at this pathetic clown talking about a banged up O-line that has had to face some of the best defenses in the entire league!!...the same O-line Kareem flourished with.

He "flourished" with Cam Erving, Austin Reiter, Andrew Wylie, and Martinas Rankin?

Must have missed that.

rabblerouser
11-06-2019, 11:49 PM
SMH and just like last year this moron is still too thick to comprehend the basics.

1. WE HAD AN ELITE RB AND ANDY WAS USING HIM JUST FINE TO BALANCE OUT THE ATTACK.

2. "Three nice backs"? Er one is a Dolphins reject who has taken a step back this season, the other is an undrafted prospect who Andy doesn't trust and the third one is a washed up star who keeps fumbling the damn ball...the bottom line is OUR RB ROOM ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH, PERIOD.

3. And folks love to talk as if Hunt had somehow regressed from his rookie year WHEN THE KID HAD 4.6 YARDS PER CARRY AND WAS AT 824 YARDS IN ELEVEN GAMES BEFORE GETTING CUT!!.. So he was very likely to have better stats than his rookie year.

But really why am I even trying to convince you anyway? You've clearly got SERIOUS issues when it pertains to the value of RB's so this exchange is pretty much a waste of time. Veach enquired about Bell at the deadline and will most likely draft one...I hope you don't take it to hard when he does :thumb: .

*take it too hard.

I love it when someone who doesn't have a grasp on 3rd grade English wants to call people a "moron."

Chargem
11-07-2019, 01:46 AM
SMH who says we have to "change"? DIDN'T WE HAVE HUNT IN THIS SAME OFFENSE? All I want to see is a quality RB who can run the ball effectively..WHY ARE YOU SO AGAINST THAT?

And you sound like you're out of the Andy Reid school of thinking..."we don't need a good RB..just get any old scrubs off the street and we'll throw it a million times per game" SMH :rolleyes:

There's so much dumb in your response I don't have time to respond to all of it right now, so I just thought I would point out this massive contradiction:

Paragraph 1, you don't want the offense to change.
Paragraph 2, "the Andy Reid school of thinking is just throw it a million times a game".

So which is it? Is the offense fine under Andy Reid and doesn't need to change, or does it need to change to be more of a running offense with a featured back?

UChieffyBugger
11-07-2019, 02:30 AM
*take it too hard.

I love it when someone who doesn't have a grasp on 3rd grade English wants to call people a "moron."

You also "love" CRYING TO THE MODS like a baby and looking like a DAMN IDIOT when they ignore your stupid ass for the millionth time ROFL

UChieffyBugger
11-07-2019, 02:35 AM
There's so much dumb in your response I don't have time to respond to all of it right now, so I just thought I would point out this massive contradiction:

Paragraph 1, you don't want the offense to change.
Paragraph 2, "the Andy Reid school of thinking is just throw it a million times a game".

So which is it? Is the offense fine under Andy Reid and doesn't need to change, or does it need to change to be more of a running offense with a featured back?

I want the offense to be what it was with Kareem dummy...that's what I'm talking about. Andy does love to throw it but when he's got a quality back it forces him to find balance. Having three scrubs in the RB room just gives him an excuse to rely on the pass too much and in turn put Pat under even more pressure.

UChieffyBugger
11-07-2019, 02:39 AM
He "flourished" with Cam Erving, Austin Reiter, Andrew Wylie, and Martinas Rankin?

Must have missed that.

No dunce..he flourished with Cam, fisher, ldt, mitch...FOUR of the guys who are still here you melon.

Chris Meck
11-07-2019, 06:57 AM
Dude.

Kareem had ONE 100 yard game in 13 last season.

Williams has TWO since.

Your own statement in the header is dumb.

We pass at 65% ratio, 5th in the NFL. That's not enough for anyone to get 100 on a consistent basis.

We run less than 27 of 32 teams.

I'd agree we should run it a bit more than we do. Probably still wouldn't consistently get a single 100 yard rusher. Probably get a couple around 50 though.

One guy with 100 is not better than two guys with 50. It's the same. It's like if I've got 4 quarters, and I exchange it for a paper dollar at the convenience store, I'm not making a profit.

We've had serious injury issues with the offensive line, and that hampers a running game as well.

Other than Shady fumbling twice, what constant fumbles are you talking about?

Of the marquee running backs that you claim we should've drafted or traded for and paid big money, how many of them are on Super Bowl contenders? Do you think it's POSSIBLE that there's no positive correlation there?

It's highly unlikely that Veach was really trying to get Bell. He doesn't fit this blocking scheme very well, and that's all been discussed, but because you have a Madden Football video game understanding of things, you don't get it.

Andy Reid is not running the ball much because he likes to PASS. McCoy has TWO fumbles in 9 games, which isn't really that much. Bummer the timing, though. However, Shady is averaging like 5 yards per carry. So that would mean, IF Reid gave him 20 carries, he'd get 100 yards. And then you'd be happy. FEATURE BACK. So there you go.

I'll bet in this stretch down the back half of the season in which we get Mahomes and Fisher back that we WILL have some 100 plus rushing games (perhaps not from ONE guy) as we will finally play some weaker teams and need to salt the game away in the 4th quarter.

In our previous exchange in which you threw your tantrums about a feature back, you insisted that we WOULD DRAFT ONE HIGH IN THE DRAFT because it was a HUGE NEED.
I told you we wouldn't. I was right, you were wrong.

You're still the dumbest guy in the room. Must be frustrating.

oldman
11-07-2019, 08:30 AM
You know, this whole argument about Hunt is silly. Like Chris said, one back that gains 100 yards is not better than 2 that gain 50. Sure enough, Hunt was a rare talent, but he's gone, never to return again. It's time to quit moaning about it and move forward.

I'll agree we need to run more, that keeps the other team's offense off the field and allows our defense a breather. We have 4 RBs on the roster, not counting Sherman. Feed them the ball 25 to 30 times a game and then unleash the wrath of PMII and his Legion of Zoom, plus Kelce.

Hoover
11-07-2019, 08:53 AM
We finally have a QB that throws for 5000 yard and 50 TDs and we start to bitch about not having a 100 yard a game running back.

It's really hard to have both in my opinion, unless you are playing a AFC east teams twice a year...

Hoover
11-07-2019, 08:54 AM
Dude.

Williams has TWO since.

We pass at 65% ratio, 5th in the NFL. That's not enough for anyone to get 100 on a consistent basis.

I'd agree we should run it a bit more than we do. Probably still wouldn't consistently get a single 100 yard rusher. Probably get a couple around 50 though.

One guy with 100 is not better than two guys with 50. It's the same. It's like if I've got 4 quarters, and I exchange it for a paper dollar at the convenience store, I'm not making a profit.

We've had serious injury issues with the offensive line, and that hampers a running game as well.

Of the marquee running backs that you claim we should've drafted or traded for and paid big money, how many of them are on Super Bowl contenders? Do you think it's POSSIBLE that there's no positive correlation there?

It's highly unlikely that Veach was really trying to get Bell. He doesn't fit this blocking scheme very well, and that's all been discussed, but because you have a Madden Football video game understanding of things, you don't get it.

Andy Reid is not running the ball much because he likes to PASS. McCoy has TWO fumbles in 9 games, which isn't really that much. Bummer the timing, though. However, Shady is averaging like 5 yards per carry. So that would mean, IF Reid gave him 20 carries, he'd get 100 yards. And then you'd be happy. FEATURE BACK. So there you go.

I'll bet in this stretch down the back half of the season in which we get Mahomes and Fisher back that we WILL have some 100 plus rushing games (perhaps not from ONE guy) as we will finally play some weaker teams and need to salt the game away in the 4th quarter.

In our previous exchange in which you threw your tantrums about a feature back, you insisted that we WOULD DRAFT ONE HIGH IN THE DRAFT because it was a HUGE NEED.

And enough said.

Winner.

Done.

Should have read this first!

Iconic
11-07-2019, 11:00 AM
I am fully convinced he will be a Chief again. I just feel like it's destiny.

rabblerouser
11-07-2019, 11:04 AM
No dunce..he flourished with Cam, fisher, ldt, mitch...FOUR of the guys who are still here you melon.

How many quarters has Fisher played this season.

How long has LDT been out?

You're a butt****ing idiot. Your particular brand of stupid is about as hard as woodpecker lips.

rabblerouser
11-07-2019, 11:06 AM

L'ilUChieffyBurger is the always the dumbest guy in every room he's in...an amazing feat, when you really think about it...

rabblerouser
11-07-2019, 11:09 AM
You also "love" CRYING TO THE MODS like a baby and looking like a DAMN IDIOT when they ignore your stupid ass for the millionth time ROFL

I've never once "cried to the mods" about you.

Ever.

I have wondered aloud how the fuck you still have thread starting privileges, but I haven't once gone to the mods about you or reported you for your dumbassery.

That's just another thing you're 100% wrong about. You make lots of assumptions that aren't based in fact.

Which is why you're so fucking stupid, on so many levels.

TEX
11-07-2019, 11:33 AM
L'ilUChieffyBurger is the always the dumbest guy in every room he's in...an amazing feat, when you really think about it...

LMAO

Yep. That holds true even when I'm in the room - and that's SAYING SOMETHING!

UChieffyBugger
11-07-2019, 12:49 PM
Dude.

Williams has TWO since.

NONSENSE!!!

1. Kareem had seven 100 yard games, two 90 yard games and five 80 yard games in the 26 regular games he played..so he was getting 100 yards or close in the majority of games he played IN REID'S SYSTEM AND WITH MAJORITY OF THE GUYS ON THIS O-LINE

2. Even when you talk about Kareem having one 100 yard game...that's because he was busy catching the ball too and causing problems...THAT'S WHAT QUALITY BACKS DO.

3. Your weak argument about "two backs" is futile when we clearly don't have "two backs" getting 50 yards per game and even if we did Andy probably isn't giving them enough carries to each get there...he trusts ONE quality back more imo.

4. Darrel Williams also fumbled in Detriot...and that's what happens when backs can't get a groove going because Andy doesn't trust em

5. The draft totally changed after the Tyreek issue so please don't be stupid...the fact that they drafted Darwin and then signed Mccoy should tell you how much they wanted a back.

All in all I simply will not agree with those who are happy to have scrubs in the RB room and no effective running game on sunday's...the other top sides are showing us that QUALITY is needed back there and hopefully Veach learns this lesson.

comochiefsfan
11-07-2019, 12:53 PM
You can argue about if we miss Hunt all you want and both sides could make a case.

But if you’re trying to argue that Damien Williams is even CLOSE to as good as Kareem, then you’re certifiably insane.

Kareem is at least 2 or 3 tiers above Damien as a running back, and I like Damien. But Kareem is special.

UChieffyBugger
11-07-2019, 12:57 PM
How many quarters has Fisher played this season.

How long has LDT been out?

You're a butt****ing idiot. Your particular brand of stupid is about as hard as woodpecker lips.

Lol what a dumb idiot you are..tried to act like Kareem hadn't played behind this line and guess what duncy? HE ALSO PLAYED WITH REITER TOO AS MORSE GOT INJURED LAST YEAR..so that's ALL FIVE linemen Hunt played with and you look like an even bigger bonehead ROFL

TEX
11-07-2019, 01:00 PM
NONSENSE!!!

1. Kareem had seven 100 yard games, two 90 yard games and five 80 yard games in the 26 regular games he played..so he was getting 100 yards or close in the majority of games he played IN REID'S SYSTEM AND WITH MAJORITY OF THE GUYS ON THIS O-LINE

2. Even when you talk about Kareem having one 100 yard game...that's because he was busy catching the ball too and causing problems...THAT'S WHAT QUALITY BACKS DO.

3. Your weak argument about "two backs" is futile when we clearly don't have "two backs" getting 50 yards per game and even if we did Andy probably isn't giving them enough carries to each get there...he trusts ONE quality back more imo.

4. Darrel Williams also fumbled in Detriot...and that's what happens when backs can't get a groove going because Andy doesn't trust em

5. The draft totally changed after the Tyreek issue so please don't be stupid...the fact that they drafted Darwin and then signed Mccoy should tell you how much they wanted a back.

All in all I simply will not agree with those who are happy to have scrubs in the RB room and no effective running game on sunday's...the other top sides are showing us that QUALITY is needed back there and hopefully Veach learns this lesson.

The person who needed to learn a lesson was Clark Hunt. He he did b/c Tyreek was not released.

BTW, I completely agree that the Chiefs were better with Kareem Hunt than without. He was a special RB who did exceptional things in Reid's offense. He is, and will be missed IMO.

UChieffyBugger
11-07-2019, 01:04 PM
I've never once "cried to the mods" about you.

Ever.

I have wondered aloud how the **** you still have thread starting privileges, but I haven't once gone to the mods about you or reported you for your dumbassery.

That's just another thing you're 100% wrong about. You make lots of assumptions that aren't based in fact.

Which is why you're so ****ing stupid, on so many levels.

Lol this clown thinks everyone is as dumb and stupid as him huh? Every thread I make you come running in like an obsessed FANGIRL to moan about me being able to post...WE GET IT!!!..YOU'RE A MORON AND "YOU DON'T LIKE MY THREADS"!!!.. and yet instead of engaging the few braincells you were born with and pressing the ignore button, you cry like a baby in the hope that a mod will grant you your wish...PATHETIC ROFL .

UChieffyBugger
11-07-2019, 01:11 PM
The person who needed to learn a lesson was Clark Hunt. He he did b/c Tyreek was not released.

BTW, I completely agree that the Chiefs were better with Kareem Hunt than without. He was a special RB who did exceptional things in Reid's offense. He is, and will be missed IMO.

TOTALLY AGREE!!! and this is why we must get a quality RB to replace Hunt's production instead of relying on inconsistent scrubs.

rabblerouser
11-07-2019, 11:27 PM
Lol this clown thinks everyone is as dumb and stupid as him huh?

No, I don't - I think you're WAY more dumb and stupid than I am...

Chris Meck
11-08-2019, 08:21 AM
NONSENSE!!!

1.-Kareem had ONE 100 yard game last season, which totally negates your ENTIRE argument.

2.-Catching passes doesn't count to you, just the rushing yardage. This is what you've used to slag Damien Williams in the past and to marginalize James White in the Patriots' committee system. To argue otherwise now is just showing what a foolish argument you had to begin with.

3.-Andy's not giving anyone enough carries to rack up significant yardage. Holy shit, you've hit upon a truth! Where you fail again though is bringing up Kareem's 4.6 yards per carry average last year. I mean, Shady's over 5 ypc this season. So much for that whole line of thought. We should run more than the 35% that we do. The only back we have that has a shit ypc is Damien Williams...who ripped off a 91 yard TD last week.

4.-Darrel has ONE fumble. ONE. But let's make a big deal and say he's got a FUMBLE PROBLEM. Stupid.

5.-Darwin was a 6th round pick. SIXTH ROUND. As I said last spring before the draft, I would not spend any high picks on a RB, because we had a stable of capable backs already. I never had any issue with late rounders. I understand that for people like you of limited intelligence, it's difficult to grasp anything other than absolutes. And yet, look in your crayon box. Notice how there are so many colors past just your primary ones? I know, right? Life is like that, there are lots of subtle differences other than just yes/no. Like how a 6th round draft choice was obviously not a priority or it would've been addressed earlier.

We're not going to draft a RB high in the draft next year either. We're not going to spend a ton of money on Bell. No matter what, Andy's going to pass more than he elects to run the ball. RB's will catch passes, and block (like they have more this season due to your LT being out and LG being out, and sometimes your RG being out-all of which also adds to difficulty running the ball effectively. Oh, also your MVP QB being out, almost forgot about that).

Kareem Hunt is a talented football player. We don't have a guy that's on that level. He screwed up, he's gone, he hasn't played a game for anyone since, so who cares?

You're a child. Go play with your legos and let the adults talk.

Chris Meck
11-08-2019, 08:24 AM
You can argue about if we miss Hunt all you want and both sides could make a case.

But if you’re trying to argue that Damien Williams is even CLOSE to as good as Kareem, then you’re certifiably insane.

Kareem is at least 2 or 3 tiers above Damien as a running back, and I like Damien. But Kareem is special.

Nobody's arguing that.

oldman
11-08-2019, 12:01 PM
Does anyone else find it ironic that we're having a discussion about the need for a stud RB when many here have for years said all we need is a stud QB? Well guess what, we have a stud QB and yet there are some that seem to want to return to Martyball. I agree we need a balanced attack, but of 65/35 works, groovy. If it doesn't change to 60/40, 55/45, or whatever works.

There is no doubt in my mind that some people hear talk just so they can hear their lips flap. Or more accurately, type just so they can hear the keyboard click.

Pitt Gorilla
11-08-2019, 01:06 PM
Does anyone else find it ironic that we're having a discussion about the need for a stud RB when many here have for years said all we need is a stud QB? Well guess what, we have a stud QB and yet there are some that seem to want to return to Martyball. I agree we need a balanced attack, but of 65/35 works, groovy. If it doesn't change to 60/40, 55/45, or whatever works.

There is no doubt in my mind that some people hear talk just so they can hear their lips flap. Or more accurately, type just so they can hear the keyboard click.

The real issue is we got both in a single draft and decided we would release one of them after they led the league in rushing. We have yet to replace that talent/production.

rabblerouser
11-08-2019, 01:29 PM
The real issue is we got both in a single draft and decided we would release one of them after they led the league in rushing. We have yet to replace that talent/production.

Well, he shouldn't have lied.

Pitt Gorilla
11-08-2019, 03:57 PM
Well, he shouldn't have lied.
LMAO

TEX
11-08-2019, 04:42 PM
WHERE IS THE OUTRAGE NOW??? Hunt is playing Sunday and all I've heard are positive comments.

Im still bent over that whole deal and seeing him play for the Browns is only going to make it worse. :cuss:

rabblerouser
11-08-2019, 05:45 PM
WHERE IS THE OUTRAGE NOW??? Hunt is playing Sunday and all I've heard are positive coments.

Im stil bent over that whole deal and seeing him play for the Browns is only going to make it worse. :cuss:

It's a giant shit samdwich.

He just should've told Reid and the Clarks the truth - "I was shitfaced drunk, she n-worded at me, so I pushed her in the ass with my foot...sorry, Clarks."

That way, when the video came out, it would've correlated with what he told Reid and The Clarks.

Mama Hip Rockets
11-08-2019, 06:16 PM
Move on with your lives, people. Do we really need a new thread about this every week?

TEX
11-08-2019, 08:54 PM
Move on with your lives, people. Do we really need a new thread about this every week?

Yes we do... Why don't you just ignore it and move on to a different threrad, and leave those of us that don't want to move on, keep on keeping on???

Chris Meck
11-08-2019, 09:07 PM
I'm out.

A wise man once said, "Never argue with an idiot. Nobody can tell who's who."

UChieffyBugger
11-08-2019, 10:37 PM
1.-Kareem had ONE 100 yard game last season, which totally negates your ENTIRE argument.
Only if you're DUMB IDIOT!!..which tbh, i suspect you are. But the point I was making was as much about the QUALITY of the RB's we had as well as their lack of production. Kareem was top four in rushing yards when he was suspended so implying that they are just as effective as he was for us is just plain stupid.

2.-Catching passes doesn't count to you, just the rushing yardage. This is what you've used to slag Damien Williams in the past and to marginalize James White in the Patriots' committee system. To argue otherwise now is just showing what a foolish argument you had to begin with.
Erm where did I say "it doesn't count"? You're coming across very desperate now. I merely said catching the ball are the main strength of the likes of Williams and White, NOT RUNNING BETWEEN THE TACKLES. Quality backs CAN DO BOTH!!..but you appear to be against getting a quality back which is simply foolish imo.

3.-Andy's not giving anyone enough carries to rack up significant yardage. Holy shit, you've hit upon a truth! Where you fail again though is bringing up Kareem's 4.6 yards per carry average last year. I mean, Shady's over 5 ypc this season. So much for that whole line of thought. We should run more than the 35% that we do. The only back we have that has a shit ypc is Damien Williams...who ripped off a 91 yard TD last week.
Again your lack of comprehending basic english has bitten you in the butt again. Andy is NOT GIVING AVERAGE RB'S A LOT OF CARRIES!!..but when he had a stud like Hunt he gave him plenty of carries hence why Kareem WON THE RUSHING TITLE in his first year...see the difference?

4.-Darrel has ONE fumble. ONE. But let's make a big deal and say he's got a FUMBLE PROBLEM. Stupid.
Again your comprehension skills are suspect. The RB room as a whole has fumbled three times in crucial spots...to me that personifies why Andy doesn't trust them much.

5.-Darwin was a 6th round pick. SIXTH ROUND. As I said last spring before the draft, I would not spend any high picks on a RB, because we had a stable of capable backs already. I never had any issue with late rounders. I understand that for people like you of limited intelligence, it's difficult to grasp anything other than absolutes. And yet, look in your crayon box. Notice how there are so many colors past just your primary ones? I know, right? Life is like that, there are lots of subtle differences other than just yes/no. Like how a 6th round draft choice was obviously not a priority or it would've been addressed earlier.
LOL this prick is talking about "intelligence" and yet here is is arguing that the Chiefs don't need a quality back despite the chiefs rushing rankings being at the bottom half of the league!!!...what DUMMY ROFL

We're not going to draft a RB high in the draft next year either. We're not going to spend a ton of money on Bell. No matter what, Andy's going to pass more than he elects to run the ball. RB's will catch passes, and block (like they have more this season due to your LT being out and LG being out, and sometimes your RG being out-all of which also adds to difficulty running the ball effectively. Oh, also your MVP QB being out, almost forgot about that).
No that's what you HOPE doesn't happen because you've got a weird obsession for this team NOT to have a BALANCED attack!!!..I pray Veach has more common sense than your dumb ass.

UChieffyBugger
11-08-2019, 10:41 PM
No, I don't - I think you're WAY more dumb and stupid than I am...

OH GOSH HE'S AT IT AGAIN!!! ROFL

https://www.babycenter.com/ims/2013/09/702x527x142580081_4x3.jpg.pagespeed.ic.8UZ3aoH9uJ.jpg

UChieffyBugger
11-08-2019, 10:43 PM
I'm out.

A wise man once said, "Never argue with an idiot. Nobody can tell who's who."

Last time we had this debate you claimed I was on "ignore"...do yourself a favour and USE IT!!..I've got enough clowns who invade my threads already.

rabblerouser
11-08-2019, 11:13 PM
Last time we had this debate you claimed I was on "ignore"...do yourself a favour and USE IT!!..I've got enough clowns who invade my threads already.

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/74464086_1054643021560084_7542944031932678144_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_oc=AQmq6wilhcA7kTj4d3wyNNl9vSq0J5jC5oOTtRc0ZU9llKslqiuI74r0wN7Qtgzub4g&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=2291820b3cf0d86c26c870aad23ee259&oe=5E4E0AA5

UChieffyBugger
11-10-2019, 05:11 PM
PAT THREW 50 FECKING TIMES TODAY AND ONCE AGAIN THE RB FUMBLED THE BALL. THAT FAT FRAUD REID ALSO DOESN'T HAVE ENOUGH CONFIDENCE IS HIS RB'S TO GET TWO DAMN YARDS TO WIN A GAME!!..HE'D RATHER THROW IT OR DO WHAT HE DONE IN DENVER AND MAKE PAT TRY A SNEAK!!..DOES ANYONE THINK THE COWBOYS WITH ZEKE WOULD HAVE TRIED TO THROW ON 3RD AND 2? THE DEFENSE IS A DISGRACE BUT SO IS OUR RB ROOM AND ANDY'S FETISH FOR THROWING THE BALL A MILLION TIMES PER GAME.