PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs The complete 180 by the defense is the most concerning issue from this game...

arrowheadnation
11-10-2019, 03:48 PM
And it's inexplicable. I mean, the only difference was that we got back a couple guys that were hurt. I guess it's one of those any given Sundays. The Saints got killed by the Falcons. No room for error now.

HonestChieffan
11-10-2019, 04:06 PM
This is not a power in post season defense. Hate to say it but they cannot seem to bring consistency, speed, and passion to the game

Prison Bitch
11-10-2019, 04:06 PM
They got dominated by a shitty offense.

CaliforniaChief
11-10-2019, 04:07 PM
Nobody's talking about that if the offense/special teams don't inexplicably hand the game back to TEN on a golden platter.

Chiefspants
11-10-2019, 04:09 PM
Tannehill hit the passes and made the plays Cousins missed last week.

KC Hawks
11-10-2019, 04:11 PM
One day they'll get an INT again, I'm sure.

O.city
11-10-2019, 04:13 PM
The defense got stops and gave the ball yo the offense with a chance to win the game multiple times

Keep kicking field goals and fumbling and that’s what happens

RaidersOftheCellar
11-10-2019, 04:15 PM
Defense was fairly good til the last few drives. They were gassed, as Romo pointed out.

Regardless, if not for a fumble and the botched FG, KC wins comfortably.

KC_Lee
11-10-2019, 04:15 PM
The D has trouble with larger, up the gut type of backs. See Mack (Indy) and Hyde (Houston). Henry is the type of back the KC cannot handle for some reason.

Deberg_1990
11-10-2019, 04:16 PM
Titans are a perfect matchup against the KC defense.
A big thumping RB who the Chiefs cant stop.

They controlled the clock at like 37 minutes total time to our 22.

Mahomes still threw for 446.

This defense cant stop Running backs to save their life. Horrible.

KC Hawks
11-10-2019, 04:17 PM
Titans are a perfect matchup against the KC defense.
A big thumping RB who the Chiefs cant stop.

They controlled the clock at like 37 minutes total time to our 22.

Mahomes still threw for 446.

This defense cant stop Running backs to save their life. Horrible.

Um WE had the ball 37 minutes to THEIR 22.

philfree
11-10-2019, 04:19 PM
The Titans are our worst matchup in the whole league. I'm not going to panic.

el borracho
11-10-2019, 04:19 PM
Injuries are the biggest concern, this game and this year. Chiefs can't seem to survive a game without breaking guys.

-King-
11-10-2019, 04:21 PM
The Titans are our worst matchup in the whole league. I'm not going to panic.

Have you seen the Ravens offense? And what do you think Belichick is going to do when they play us? Brady might only throw 10 passes that game if the run defense stays this bad. Last week looks like a fluke now.

Deberg_1990
11-10-2019, 04:21 PM

Oops....yes

KC Hawks
11-10-2019, 04:22 PM
This franchise is not capable of having a good offense and good defense at the same time. It's incredible.

The Franchise
The defense got stops and gave the ball yo the offense with a chance to win the game multiple times

Keep kicking field goals and fumbling and that’s what happens

Yep. STs and the fumble fucked us.

Deberg_1990
Have you seen the Ravens offense? And what do you think Belichick is going to do when they play us? Brady might only throw 10 passes that game if the run defense stays this bad. Last week looks like a fluke now.

With Mahomes the Chiefs will always be "in the game" but i dont trust the defense at all in a close game. NOt one bit.

philfree
11-10-2019, 04:24 PM

I saw us kick their ass already.

-King-
11-10-2019, 04:25 PM
With Mahomes the Chiefs will always be "in the game" but i dont trust the defense at all in a close game. NOt one bit.

I agree. I'm not worried about the offense. Even with duct tape holding the line together we're still a top 3 offense.

But 10 weeks into the season and I don't know wtf the defense is doing. All the strides I thought they made the past couple weeks were destroyed today.

RaidersOftheCellar
11-10-2019, 04:26 PM
The defense shut them down on 6 of 10 drives.

Unfortunately, they gave up TDs on the other 4. They were obviously tired at the end. Not sure why, given that KC dominated TOP.

-King-
11-10-2019, 04:26 PM
I saw us kick their ass already.

Yeah clearly that means they can't adjust and beat us again in a second game. And their adjustment will be that they won't abandon the run game like they did when we played them week 3. They won't do that again.

Deberg_1990
11-10-2019, 04:27 PM
I agree. I'm not worried about the offense. Even with duct tape holding the line together we're still a top 3 offense.

But 10 weeks into the season and I don't know wtf the defense is doing. All the strides I thought they made the past couple weeks were destroyed today.

I dont trust Andy Reids decision making in a close game as well.

They are making the playoffs, but wont make it past the 2nd round.

jaa1025
11-10-2019, 04:27 PM
Defense was ok enough to win. Special teams and that fumble were awful.

FAX
11-10-2019, 04:29 PM
That Tack run game is legit.

The real problem is that there are other physical teams with creative rushing schemes on our schedule as well ... so they better fix that nonsense in a hurry.

Our damn safeties need to play better run support and our d-line need to stop reading their own press releases. Oh ... and our damn linebackers need to be waterboarded with stale, putrescent, rhino urine.

That's all I got.

FAX

siberian khatru
11-10-2019, 04:29 PM
Tannehill hit the passes and made the plays Cousins missed last week.

Yep. Scary how close we are to 5-5.

Although, we’re also close to being 7-3.

Or if things break differently in consecutive weeks ... 6-4.

The NFL is crazy. Still doesn’t take the sting away from today.

siberian khatru
11-10-2019, 04:31 PM
Defense was ok enough to win.

It wasn’t in the 4th quarter, after being on the sidelines a big chunk of the game and supposedly rested. So much for that excuse.

el borracho
11-10-2019, 04:36 PM
That was the biggest positive of the day, IMO.

We have seen the Chiefs big play offense before. Today was the first time I remember seeing Mahomes whip a team on time of possession. That was a legit question coming into the season- how would Mahomes respond if teams took away the deep ball? Would Mahomes have the patience to run a ball-control offense? If the answer is consistently "yes", then the league is truly screwed for the next decade and a half.

Fumbles, drops and broken plays on D undid what was a major positive.

Rasputin
11-10-2019, 04:39 PM
Defense was fairly good til the last few drives. They were gassed, as Romo pointed out.

Regardless, if not for a fumble and the botched FG, KC wins comfortably.

This bugs the fuck out of me. Why were they gassed? Our offense controlled the clock we more than doubled the TOP did we not? So why would they be so gassed? I don't get it.

We got a huge sack only to give up a first down that killed our defense and again we can't stop the run.

kcclone
11-10-2019, 04:40 PM
One day they'll get an INT again, I'm sure.

Only on a 4th down turnover, where it would be better not to