PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs How long will Mahomes wait for Andy to get his act together?

LongSufferingToady
11-10-2019, 09:00 PM
Yes, that's my question.

Can you imagine having a championship caliber quarterback and expecting that quarterback to be patient year-in and year-out for the bumbling mistakes, porous defense, and horrid clock management? I can't.

Some day, like Tony Gonzalez, Mahomes is going to be fed up if the Chiefs (and Andy) don't get their act together. Perhaps sooner rather than later.

What say ye?

Simply Red
11-10-2019, 09:02 PM
Tony Gonzalez - lol - who gives a shit?

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
11-10-2019, 09:02 PM
I won’t blame him if he doesn’t re sign

kcclone
11-10-2019, 09:04 PM
He's not going to ask to get traded. He's going to tell Clark it's time to move in a new direction (HC/GM) and Clark will say "Yes sir, whatever you say, Sir!"

kcpasco
11-10-2019, 09:05 PM
Lol you really think he isn’t going to take the huge pile of cash the Chiefs are about to give him. Risk injury on his rookie deal and then the franchise tag.

RaidersOftheCellar
11-10-2019, 09:06 PM
Can we wait until something bad actually happens before doing this?

Y’know, like missing the playoffs, not winning the division, losing a playoff game?

Because all that’s happened is we dropped a few games we expected to win, while still sitting in first.

KC Hawks
11-10-2019, 09:07 PM
Mahomes isn't going anywhere.

IowaHawkeyeChief
Stupid fucking poll... Again, has Reid ever had a great HOF QB? He did very well with good QB's and was one offsides away from a Superbowl in Mahomes first year starting.

Some of you on here are really mentally challenged, Retarded as we used to be able to say in the 80's...

LongSufferingToady
"All this has happened before, and will happen again." - Battlestar Galactica (2004)

eDave
Lol you really think he isn’t going to take the huge pile of cash the Chiefs are about to give him. Risk injury on his rookie deal and then the franchise tag.

Others will pay more. This is a real concern. One that I predicted. I think he would love to be a Texas QB.

kcclone
11-10-2019, 09:08 PM
Veach and Andy will be the first to get chopped, if there's even a whiff of Pat being unhappy.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
11-10-2019, 09:08 PM
If Mahomes doesn’t re sign here should Clark sell the team?

WhiteWhale
11-10-2019, 09:09 PM
Dumb thread.

Stop torturing yourselves over nonsense you cynical idiots.

kcpasco
Others will pay more. This is a real concern. One that I predicted. I think he would love to be a Texas QB.

Sure but he’s not getting traded so he would have to risk no long term contract.

rabblerouser
Veach and Andy will be the first to get chopped, if there's even a whiff of Pat being unhappy.

Might as well rip the Band-Aid off now.

DRM08

I agree that he won't play hard ball with franchise tag and such, but I won't be shocked if he goes for a shorter length contract than we've seen from other big name QB's in the past. Russell Wilson just did 4 years. Kirk Cousins did 3 years. I could see Mahomes going that route instead of 5-6 years.

rabblerouser
11-10-2019, 09:11 PM
Dumb thread.

Stop torturing yourselves over nonsense you cynical idiots.

VeachReid have served their purpose and brought us Mahomes.

Now, we need to find a GM/coach combo who will bring it on home and get us to the promised land.

KC Hawks
11-10-2019, 09:12 PM
Give me one example of a franchise QB leaving in free agency. Just one.

Jerm
11-10-2019, 09:13 PM

Ok, Drew Brees.

kcpasco
11-10-2019, 09:14 PM
Ok, Drew Brees.

Wasn’t that because they drafted Rivers?

lewdog
11-10-2019, 09:14 PM

Drew Brees

KC Hawks
11-10-2019, 09:15 PM
Ok, Drew Brees.

Brees was not a franchise QB when he left San Diego. Which is why they drafted a QB in the first round.

kcpasco
I agree that he won't play hard ball with franchise tag and such, but I won't be shocked if he goes for a shorter length contract than we've seen from other big name QB's in the past. Russell Wilson just did 4 years. Kirk Cousins did 3 years. I could see Mahomes going that route instead of 5-6 years.

Cousins isn’t a franchise QB and the Skins are a mess.

Jerm
Wasn’t that because they drafted Rivers?

Sure but he was a franchise QB that left via FA....

Red Dawg
11-10-2019, 09:16 PM
Andy is not looking like a total team leader he's supposed to be. Mahomes only needs one more year before he won't really need personal time with his OC. He will need a real HC that knows how to get a team ready and play tough disciplined football. Andy doesn't do that.

comochiefsfan
11-10-2019, 09:18 PM
Tinfoil hat time:

Jerry isn’t paying Dak because he’s trying to convince Mahomes to hit the open market.

IowaHawkeyeChief
11-10-2019, 09:18 PM
Ok, Drew Brees.

Are you in your 20s? Drew Brees had a shoulder issue and they didn't even know if he would play again... The Chargers drafter Rivers because of it.

WhiteWhale
11-10-2019, 09:19 PM
VeachReid have served their purpose and brought us Mahomes.

Now, we need to find a GM/coach combo who will bring it on home and get us to the promised land.

Mahomes isn't going to ask for a trade because he doesn't want to play with Andy Reid.

What you're talking about has nothing to do with why this topic is fucking retarded.

IowaHawkeyeChief
11-10-2019, 09:19 PM
Andy is not looking like a total team leader he's supposed to be. Mahomes only needs one more year before he won't really need personal time with his OC. He will need a real HC that knows how to get a team ready and play tough disciplined football. Andy doesn't do that.

The Coach that hasn't lost a game by more than one score in nearly 3 regular seasons doesn't know how to get a team ready...

The dumb shit some of you post...

kcpasco
11-10-2019, 09:20 PM
Because the Cowboys have been great example of a well oiled machine. The 1990’s were a long time ago.

WhiteWhale
11-10-2019, 09:22 PM
Are you in your 20s? Drew Brees had a shoulder issue and they didn't even know if he would play again... The Chargers drafter Rivers because of it.

Uhh... how old are you?

The chargers drafted Rivers because Brees played like crap the season before and looked like a bust. Rivers held out, and Brees took over as starter and played too good to bench. I think Brees hurt himself in the final game of the FOLLOWING season. Rivers was on the bench 2 years behind Brees.

They chargers didn't draft rivers because of the injury. It happened 2 years after he was drafted, but it IS the reason they were happy to move on from Brees since he was due to become a FA and it gave them an easy out.

Jerm
11-10-2019, 09:24 PM
Tinfoil hat time:

Jerry isn’t paying Dak because he’s trying to convince Mahomes to hit the open market.

Funny you say that...I have a co-worker who's a huge Cowboys fan and he's 100% convinced this is the case.

Always thought he was nuts but who knows...

Mama Hip Rockets
11-10-2019, 09:25 PM
OMG. You insufferable babies. Stop overreacting to every regular season loss.

To what team is Mahomes going to demand to be traded? What team has never lost a game in November?

comochiefsfan
11-10-2019, 09:25 PM
Funny you say that...I have a co-worker who's a huge Cowboys fan and he's 100% convinced this is the case.

Always thought he was nuts but who knows...

The League would cream all over themselves if this happened. The league’s best quarterback on the most popular team. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if they just turned a blind eye if Jerruh tampers with him.

PattyFlakes
11-10-2019, 09:26 PM
The Coach that hasn't lost a game by more than one score in nearly 3 regular seasons doesn't know how to get a team ready...

Overreaction planet at its finest.

kcpasco
11-10-2019, 09:26 PM
So the Cowboys are not going to pay Dak for the next 4 years because they are waiting for Pat to hit the market? Or is Clark gonna trade him to the mastermind Jerry for a bag of Doritos and a case of Natty?

kcclone
11-10-2019, 09:27 PM
Maybe once Tom retires Mahomes can call Bill and ask for him to join him in GOAT 2.0

KC Hawks
11-10-2019, 09:28 PM
Chiefs will draft a QB in the first round in the next couple of years, then Mahomes might leave like Drew Brees. Seems likely.

DRM08
11-10-2019, 09:49 PM
Tinfoil hat time:

Cowboys will pay Dak.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
11-10-2019, 09:56 PM
Cowboys will franchise tag Dak. Already been confirmed

kcpasco
11-10-2019, 09:57 PM
Cowboys will franchise tag Dak. Already been confirmed

For 4 years?

RaidersOftheCellar
11-10-2019, 09:58 PM

They’ve done almost as much for him as he’s done for them. You think he could have put up 50 TDs and won 12 games with just any coach and team?

Reid managed to make the ultimate journeyman Moore look like a solid QB. He made Smith look like a star a few years ago. He got the best out of Vick. There’s no question that he and the skill players had a lot to do with Mahomes getting MVP.

DRM08
11-10-2019, 10:01 PM
They’ve done almost as much for him as he’s done for them. You think he could have put up 50 TDs and won 12 games with just any coach and team?

Reid managed to make the ultimate journeyman Moore look like a solid QB. He made Smith look like a star a few years ago. He got the best out of Vick. There’s no question that he and the skill players had a lot to do with Mahomes getting MVP.

None of that changes the reality that he is more talented than pretty much any other QB in the league. Reid's system does not have squat to do with Mahomes' physical talent.

Bottom line is I don't think he's going to jump in blind with a 6 year deal or something like that. The QB market has been trending toward shorter deals and he would smart to do the same in this case. If they will not build a defense for him over the long term, he will have to start thinking about an exit strategy.

rabblerouser
11-10-2019, 10:04 PM

So, did you watch the game today?

Mike Vrabel put clown shoes on Reid & Co.

kcpasco
11-10-2019, 10:04 PM
Even if it was just a 4 year deal, It’s basically a 6 because of the tag. Unless the collective bargaining agreement changes.

bringbackmarty
11-10-2019, 10:05 PM
I bet he ends up in LA after they give up on Goff in 4-5 years. Or he gets badly hurt because our defense can't slow down anyone and he's forced to play behind our makeshift line in the next couple years. The more times he's forced to carry the team the more opportunity to get seriously hurt. Especially with our skewed balance on offense. That's what's going to happen. Probably only play 10 years in the league. Maybe he ends up in the division after we break him and he destroys us twice a year for a few years. Because Chiefs, that's why.

comochiefsfan
11-10-2019, 10:05 PM

This.

Some people are crazy on here. Andy has been pantsed by BILL O BRIEN and MIKE VRABEL this season.

When you have to point about how close a coach’s LOSSES are to prove how good he is, then you are really grasping at straws.

rabblerouser
11-10-2019, 10:08 PM
You think he could have put up 50 TDs and won 12 games with just any coach and team?

Yes. Alex Smith's best season here had about half as many TD's.

That was with Reid's wizardry. With these skill position players on the outside, I think Mahomes would excel with ANY decent OC. He'd do even better if he had a decent line and a real defense behind him.

Reid didn't make Mahomes into a badass. Mahomes will Mahomes no matter what.

He needs a real head coach who will instill toughness and discipline so that we don't get our assholes turned inside out in the trenches and lose games by straight getting our asses kicked, like today.

rabblerouser
11-10-2019, 10:09 PM
This.

Some people are crazy on here. Andy has been pantsed by BILL O BRIEN and MIKE VRABEL this season.

When you have to point about how close a coach’s LOSSES are to prove how good he is, then you are really grasping at straws.

Exactly.

Chiefshrink
11-10-2019, 10:12 PM
“Andy, I need a stout offensive line that can run block and protect me. Do you think you can do that Andy? Because if you can’t I’m out of here.

RealSNR
11-10-2019, 10:14 PM
Entitled California brat Aaron Rodgers gets drafted by the team in the shittiest, most boring and coldest town in the NFL. He’s forced to sit for the first three years of his career while enduring doubts from the team, fans, and catty comments from the elderly pervert entrenched as the starter ahead of him. When he finally gets the starting job, the team never surrounds him with a defense and allows a GM with dementia to stay in his job for far too long.

And he signed multiple extensions.

But sure... Mahomes the ultimate team guy who understands the Midwest culture in the fan base to a tee is going to bolt town because the Chiefs lost those regular season games early in his career.

I really fucking hate this place. I’m going to take a break from this forum for a few days so I can preserve some of my brain cells.

Fuck every last one of you who even thinks this could be a remote possibility.

rabblerouser
11-10-2019, 10:18 PM
“Andy, I need a stout offensive line that can run block and protect me. Do you think you can do that Andy? Because if you can’t I’m out of here.

"Meh. Cam Erving is good. Let's go 5 wide and run some vertical routes."

Randallflagg
11-10-2019, 10:23 PM
Pat Mahomes is going nowhere

WhiteWhale
11-10-2019, 10:48 PM

Mike Vrabel put a clown suit, clown shoes, AND painted Belichick's face last year.

You guys are drama queens.

RaidersOftheCellar
11-10-2019, 10:49 PM
Yes. Alex Smith's best season here had about half as many TD's.

That was with Reid's wizardry. With these skill position players on the outside, I think Mahomes would excel with ANY decent OC. He'd do even better if he had a decent line and a real defense behind him.

Reid didn't make Mahomes into a badass. Mahomes will Mahomes no matter what.

He needs a real head coach who will instill toughness and discipline so that we don't get our assholes turned inside out in the trenches and lose games by straight getting our asses kicked, like today.

So you think that Reid’s offensive creativity and the skill players had nothing to do with him throwing 50 TDs and scoring 35/game?

Jesus.

There was no better situation for a starting QB to walk into.

The Colts game gave us a taste of what he’d do with fewer weapons.

Good luck in finding a better offensive cast, AND a great defense and superior coach.

Titty Meat
11-10-2019, 10:50 PM
If Mahomes doesn’t re sign here should Clark sell the team?

When Mahomes resigns here you should delete your account.

chiefzilla1501
11-10-2019, 10:54 PM
JFC....

Mahomes ain't leaving. He genuinely loves Kansas city.
Reid is one hell of a coach who will continue to bring the best out of mahomes
Mahomes will eventually influence personnel because hs too competitive to watch us fail

He is facing adversity. It is bound to happen. He will get through it. We will get through it. Relax.

lcarus
11-10-2019, 10:54 PM
I don't know if Mahomes will have to wait too long. Clark Hunt had high expectations this year. I saw his speech that he gave the team. He wants that Lamar Hunt trophy.

I'm not saying he's gonna fire Reid for not accomplishing that this year, but if we don't the next year.....

Imon Yourside
11-10-2019, 10:57 PM
Mahomes isn't leaving LMAO

Titty Meat
11-10-2019, 10:59 PM
Mahomes is going to tell the guy who helped get him the MVP his first year and has thrown 16 tds 1 pick in year 2 to fuck off. It makes perfect sense.

GloryDayz
11-10-2019, 11:04 PM
It's a legit question. I think he has to decide if money is worth it.

rabblerouser
11-10-2019, 11:06 PM
So you think that Reid’s offensive creativity and the skill players had nothing to do with him throwing 50 TDs and scoring 35/game?

Sure it did.

But he could've done the same thing in New Orleans with Sean Payton and Michael Thomas/Alvin Kamara.

And just as Reid's offensive creativity helped contribute to last year's statistical success, Reid's inability to get out of his own way and close games has contributed to more losses already than we had all of last year.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-10-2019, 11:08 PM
He's not going to ask to get traded. He's going to tell Clark it's time to move in a new direction (HC/GM) and Clark will say "Yes sir, whatever you say, Sir!"

This is the correct and only answer. Make NO mistake whose team this is.

rabblerouser
11-10-2019, 11:09 PM
Mahomes is going to tell the guy who helped get him the MVP his first year and has thrown 16 tds 1 pick in year 2 to **** off. It makes perfect sense.

Yeah, well stats and MVPs only go so far if Reid doesn't stop stepping on his own dick.

And here's the deal - Clark will fire Reid and keep Mahomes before he lets Mahomes leave town.

comochiefsfan
11-10-2019, 11:10 PM
Jerry Jones: “Patrick, I know you love Kansas City. But let’s face it, you’re a Texas boy at heart. You grew up rooting for this team, and now you have a chance to take them back to the promised land.

Not to mention, you’d be the starting quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys, by far the single most marketable position in all of sports. The sponsorship money and media attention will be unreal. And I’m prepared to make you an offer that will blow away anything that’s ever been done before. You’ll be the highest paid player in league history and it won’t be close.

And you’ll be making that money, and winning these games in front of your friends and family, while representing the team and state that defines who you are and who you have been ever since you were a little boy growing up in Whitehouse, Texas.”

If you’re Mahomes, how do you say no to that?

Deberg_1990
11-10-2019, 11:10 PM
Mahomes = The next Andrew Luck?

Titty Meat
11-10-2019, 11:14 PM
Jerry Jones: “Patrick, I know you love Kansas City. But let’s face it, you’re a Texas boy at heart. You grew up rooting for this team, and now you have a chance to take them back to the promised land.

Not to mention, you’d be the starting quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys, by far the single most marketable position in all of sports. The sponsorship money and media attention will be unreal. And I’m prepared to make you an offer that will blow away anything that’s ever been done before. You’ll be the highest paid player in league history and it won’t be close.

And you’ll be making that money, and winning these games in front of your friends and family, while representing the team and state that defines who you are and who you have been ever since you were a little boy growing up in Whitehouse, Texas.”

Jones doesnt even know who his coach will be fuck outta here

RealSNR
11-10-2019, 11:18 PM
Some of you dipshits should be fucking castrated so the world can be 100% certain you never reproduce.

tk13
11-10-2019, 11:19 PM

If the Chiefs didn't even try to offer an extension, they have Patrick Mahomes through the 2021 season. You think 77 year old Jerry Jones is going to let Dak walk and punt two entire seasons to wait for just having a chance for competing with about 25 other teams to sign Mahomes?

Imon Yourside
11-10-2019, 11:21 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tjRrISX33hY?start=45" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cosmos
11-10-2019, 11:23 PM
Stupid ****ing poll... Again, has Reid ever had a great HOF QB? He did very well with good QB's and was one offsides away from a Superbowl in Mahomes first year starting.

Some of you on here are really mentally challenged, Retarded as we used to be able to say in the 80's...

Pat will do what’s best for him when the time comes.

If this team continues to shit the bed when it matters, due to coaching or roster, nobody would blame him for moving on.

He is the BEST player in the game, and owners will be lining up with blank checks with squads that plays defense and coaches who known how to manage games.

Pat is a competitive dude..

KC Hawks
11-10-2019, 11:25 PM
Some of you dipshits should be fucking castrated so the world can be 100% certain you never reproduce.

Mahomes just lost a game that now makes him 19-8 as a starter. That was the final straw. He will want to go to a winning organization like the Dallas Cowboys to play for a real head coach like Jason Garrett.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-11-2019, 12:32 AM

Let's start with the idiots who truly believe that Reid and Mahomes are somehow joined at the hip like Ozzie and fucking Harriet, and that Mahomes ultimately cares more about his personal relationship with his head coach than he does winning multiple Lombardi's while being the highest paid player in the game, and being the baddest badass to ever launch the laces.

Shouldn't be much more than 20 to 30,000 delusional dipshits at most, and easily found in one convenient location.

But hey, you be you and keep on fucking that Andy-chicken all the way to the Land of Make Believe! Tell Fred Rodgers that Andy says "hi"!

RealSNR
11-11-2019, 08:08 AM
Let's start with the idiots who truly believe that Reid and Mahomes are somehow joined at the hip like Ozzie and fucking Harriet, and that Mahomes ultimately cares more about his personal relationship with his head coach than he does winning multiple Lombardi's while being the highest paid player in the game, and being the baddest badass to ever launch the laces.

Shouldn't be much more than 20 to 30,000 delusional dipshits at most, and easily found in one convenient location.

But hey, you be you and keep on fucking that Andy-chicken all the way to the Land of Make Believe! Tell Fred Rodgers that Andy says "hi"!

ORRRRR we can start with fucktards like this guy:

If this team continues to shit the bed when it matters, due to coaching or roster, nobody would blame him for moving on.

He is the BEST player in the game, and owners will be lining up with blank checks with squads that plays defense and coaches who known how to manage games.

You've made your choice, Sweets. You're dead to me. Go fuck yourself.

chiefzilla1501
11-11-2019, 08:18 AM

He also knows he can do a hell of a lot worse than Andy Reid. He loves Kansas city. Genuinely. Loves his teammates and the community. And yes, he knows Andy Reid will do a lot more good than bad for him.

We are easily the favorite to land him. He's competitive as hell. But barring signing with the Patriots there aren't many better opportunities to win than what he has right now. And he ain't going to the Patriots.

RaidersOftheCellar
11-11-2019, 08:23 AM
Sure it did.

But he could've done the same thing in New Orleans with Sean Payton and Michael Thomas/Alvin Kamara.

And just as Reid's offensive creativity helped contribute to last year's statistical success, Reid's inability to get out of his own way and close games has contributed to more losses already than we had all of last year.

He wouldn’t have put up 50 TDs on that team. Regardless, he’d be sitting on the bench for years if he’d gone there. And who knows what pieces they’ll have when Brees hangs it up.

I think people forget that this offense relies heavily on creativity and keeping defenses off balance when it’s at its best. And few, if any, can match Reid in that dept.

It’s not like they can line up and physically dominate in the trenches. A less creative coach could turn this into a fairly average offense pretty quickly.

BigRedChief
11-11-2019, 08:26 AM
Entitled California brat Aaron Rodgers gets drafted by the team in the shittiest, most boring and coldest town in the NFL. He’s forced to sit for the first three years of his career while enduring doubts from the team, fans, and catty comments from the elderly pervert entrenched as the starter ahead of him. When he finally gets the starting job, the team never surrounds him with a defense and allows a GM with dementia to stay in his job for far too long.

And he signed multiple extensions.

But sure... Mahomes the ultimate team guy who understands the Midwest culture in the fan base to a tee is going to bolt town because the Chiefs lost those regular season games early in his career.

I really ****ing hate this place. I’m going to take a break from this forum for a few days so I can preserve some of my brain cells.

**** every last one of you who even thinks this could be a remote possibility.
https://cdn.psychologytoday.com/sites/default/files/styles/image-article_inline_full/public/field_blog_entry_images/2018-10/download.jpg?itok=9JVIRpnZ:)

chiefzilla1501
11-11-2019, 08:29 AM
And when we say get the act together, let's please not forget that mahomes is only in year 2 and already has an mvp and was a coin toss away from a super bowl. Reid has already taken him really far considering how new he still is to the league.

SDChiefs
11-11-2019, 08:39 AM
Brees was not a franchise QB when he left San Diego. Which is why they drafted a QB in the first round.

He was. He came off an injury and they didnt trust him to get back to 100%.

kcclone
11-11-2019, 08:42 AM
And when we say get the act together, let's please not forget that mahomes is only in year 2 and already has an mvp and was a coin toss away from a super bowl. Reid has already taken him really far considering how new he still is to the league.

Year 3. He's been in the league since 2017.

chiefzilla1501
11-11-2019, 08:50 AM
Year 3. He's been in the league since 2017.

He has only played 1.5 years. Unless you're implying that Reid is to blame for mahomes not going to the super bowl in year 1 as a backup. 1 year, 1 afc conference championship game.

ChiefaRoo
11-11-2019, 08:58 AM
Mahomes is literally more important than Andy. Period.

Coochie liquor
11-11-2019, 09:07 AM

Pretty sure they’ve already said it will be a shorter contract because the CBA is coming up.

GloryDayz
11-11-2019, 09:35 AM

He has other options too. On other option being deciding that/facing the fact that he's not going to go to a SB (much less win one) under Andy, and decide to just gather all the cash he can before he retires.

And you know that thought is probably starting to awaken in the back of his mind with these recurring fuckups.

LongSufferingToady
11-11-2019, 01:42 PM
He also knows he can do a hell of a lot worse than Andy Reid. He loves Kansas city. Genuinely. Loves his teammates and the community. And yes, he knows Andy Reid will do a lot more good than bad for him.

Oh c'mon guys. You all know that LOVE is not enough. Haven't you ever been in a relationship? You know that sometimes, no matter how much you love someone, their continued screwups and self-destructive actions (or alcoholism or drug addiction or major illness) can end a relationship.

Don't bet on love to keep things going. Do bet on LOYALTY.

Marcellus
11-11-2019, 01:45 PM
There is pure comedy in anyone actually thinking Mahomes doesn't love Andy Reid. You guys are out of your minds pathetic and stupid.

crayzkirk
11-11-2019, 02:04 PM
I think it's pure comedy that anyone actually thinks that these millionaires are doing this for Kansas City Chiefs fans...

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-11-2019, 02:19 PM
ORRRRR we can start with fucktards like this guy:

You've made your choice, Sweets. You're dead to me. Go fuck yourself.

Fuckin' a I've made my choice you brain dead monkey fart. I wasn't thrilled when Clark Hunt ran at top speed like a giggling retard at a spit bubble contest to hurredly sign the leagues most well known, post season choke artist to be the next head coach of this team, but he countered that with a strong GM hire and a promise to keep the power correctly divided between the two.
But just like everything Hunt/Chiefs, he promptly pissed his pants at light speed to fuck it all up and make the usual incorrect decision.

So you'll just have to forgive me if I dont give two fucks about the job security of Pat's fat Uncle and Clark's inbred quest for epic pants-shitting, you fucking brain-dead tool.

Dartgod
11-11-2019, 03:19 PM
Oh hey, it's over-reaction Planet Monday!

GloryDayz
11-11-2019, 03:24 PM
Oh hey, it's over-reaction Planet Monday!

I think we compliment 1 Arrowhead Way's under-reaction quite nicely... :D

chiefzilla1501
11-11-2019, 03:30 PM
Oh c'mon guys. You all know that LOVE is not enough. Haven't you ever been in a relationship? You know that sometimes, no matter how much you love someone, their continued screwups and self-destructive actions (or alcoholism or drug addiction or major illness) can end a relationship.

Don't bet on love to keep things going. Do bet on LOYALTY.

At worst, Reid turns mahomes into Marino which is still really really really good. And I'm sure he and his dad know Andy Reid is uniquely qualified to do that in ways most coaches aren't.

Rodgers and brees have only been to and won 1. Peyton only won his second at the very end of a Super long career. Even Elway hadn't won one until very late in his career. 2nd year as a starter and we've already decided that Reid will not win mahomes ONE super bowl? Because thats the only bar set to become a legend, if he even needs that much.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-11-2019, 03:37 PM
I think we compliment 1 Arrowhead Way's under-reaction quite nicely... :D

Well said.

gold_and_red
11-11-2019, 04:41 PM
CHunt should not retain Reid past the 2020 season if KC doesn't have a SB appearance by then. It would have been end of year eight and many years of prime and cheap Mahomes. No way I am trusting Reid to suddenly coach up a complete team after a Mahomes monster contract extension, in fact I expect a severe regression if Reid continues to coach in KC thereafter. Handing over the keys to a new GM who can author and manage that fat contract and make savvy moves on a limited budget and a new HC who can field respectable and balanced units would make more sense than trusting Reid and his undisciplined and unbalanced teams for a few more years.

PHOG
11-11-2019, 05:04 PM
Oh boy. LMAO

GloryDayz
11-11-2019, 06:43 PM
CHunt should not retain Reid past the 2020 season if KC doesn't have a SB appearance by then. It would have been end of year eight and many years of prime and cheap Mahomes. No way I am trusting Reid to suddenly coach up a complete team after a Mahomes monster contract extension, in fact I expect a severe regression if Reid continues to coach in KC thereafter. Handing over the keys to a new GM who can author and manage that fat contract and make savvy moves on a limited budget and a new HC who can field respectable and balanced units would make more sense than trusting Reid and his undisciplined and unbalanced teams for a few more years.

PM won't be the first FQB to be wasted on a coach that's just not complete enough to take a team to the SB.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-11-2019, 07:18 PM
Stop pimping this logic immediately. Chief Fan does not want. Amazing how 1,000% correct Philly Fan was regarding a head coach they lost over a decade of their time and lives to. Who would have thought?! Then again, Chief Fan thought he was smarter than Jets Fan as well, and that turned out real swell too.

gold_and_red
11-11-2019, 07:46 PM
Stop pimping this logic immediately. Chief Fan does not want. Amazing how 1,000% correct Philly Fan was regarding a head coach they lost over a decade of their time and lives to. Who would have thought?! Then again, Chief Fan thought he was smarter than Jets Fan as well, and that turned out real swell too.

My biggest concern is that Chief Fan = CHunt

King_Chief_Fan
11-11-2019, 07:57 PM
There is pure comedy in anyone actually thinking Mahomes doesn't love Andy Reid. You guys are out of your minds pathetic and stupid.

he will learn to love another where there is a better team paying a king's ransome to have him

RealSNR
11-11-2019, 08:17 PM
Fuckin' a I've made my choice you brain dead monkey fart. I wasn't thrilled when Clark Hunt ran at top speed like a giggling retard at a spit bubble contest to hurredly sign the leagues most well known, post season choke artist to be the next head coach of this team, but he countered that with a strong GM hire and a promise to keep the power correctly divided between the two.
But just like everything Hunt/Chiefs, he promptly pissed his pants at light speed to fuck it all up and make the usual incorrect decision.

So you'll just have to forgive me if I dont give two fucks about the job security of Pat's fat Uncle and Clark's inbred quest for epic pants-shitting, you fucking brain-dead tool.

REID REID REID REID REID REID REID REID REID DDDDUUUUUUHHHHHRRRRR!!!!!

That's what you sound like right now.

This thread is about fucking Patrick fucking Mahomes. The guy with all the talent.

I said only retards would entertain Pat leaving the Chiefs as a possibility after his rookie deal.

You turned it into Andy Reid. You said it was worse that somebody would defend Reid than anybody cluelessly suppose that Mahomes will leave the team.

You WERE the same guy lambasting against Cassel, Alex, and other teams' backups as our franchise QB for years and years, right? Why are you not fucking up in arms over the topic of this thread? Do you not like nice things?

"Congratulations, Sweets! You just won the lottery!!!!" Do you respond with, "Doesn't matter. Andy Reid is still the head coach of the Chiefs"

JakeF
11-11-2019, 08:25 PM
I won’t blame him if he doesn’t re sign
If I'm Mahomes I'm gone. I'd refuse to sign and make the Chiefs tag me 2 times like Cousin did with Washington. That makes me huge money for 2 years and then I'm going to a team with a coach that I believe can win a super bowl. No way I become another Dan Marino.

Andy Reid would have 6 yrs to teach me how to be an NFL QB. Then i spend the next 10 yrs winning Super Bowls with someone else. I'd go play for Belicheat before i would stay and become a career loser with Reid.

chiefzilla1501
11-11-2019, 08:30 PM
If I'm Mahomes I'm gone. I'd refuse to sign and make the Chiefs tag me 2 times like Cousin did with Washington. That makes me huge money for 2 years and then I'm going to a team with a coach that I believe can win a super bowl. No way I become another Dan Marino.

Andy Reid would have 6 yrs to teach me how to be an NFL QB. Then i spend the next 10 yrs winning Super Bowls with someone else. I'd go play for Belicheat before i would stay and become a career loser with Reid.

We were a damn coin toss away from a super bowl in his very first season. We've already decided that he's not going to make or win a super bowl the next 10 years? It took Peyton a TON of failure before he won his. Because all it really takes to turn mahomes into a legend is to win 1. That's it. Andy makes dumb mistakes but he and mahomes are too good together for it not to happen.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-11-2019, 08:44 PM
I already fucking told you and the entire board TWO WEEKS AGO that Mahomes would play hell getting out of KC.
I ALSO told you that he would give Reid no more than two more seasons to get the rest of his shit together before going to Clark with The Law of the Land regarding Reid's continued employment in KC, and I stand by that 100%.
Last week, Wendler and you thought that notion was impossible. This week? You can both kiss my ass, m'kay?

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-11-2019, 08:50 PM
Andy makes dumb mistakes but he and mahomes are too good together for it not to happen.

Bullshit. I will never ever EVER buy in to this theory as long as this team is named the Kansas City Chiefs and calls it's home Arrowhead Stadium, and it is a damned fool who believes otherwise.

RealSNR
11-11-2019, 09:23 PM
I already fucking told you and the entire board TWO WEEKS AGO that Mahomes would play hell getting out of KC.
I ALSO told you that he would give Reid no more than two more seasons to get the rest of his shit together before going to Clark with The Law of the Land regarding Reid's continued employment in KC, and I stand by that 100%.
Last week, Wendler and you thought that notion was impossible. This week? You can both kiss my ass, m'kay?
We didn't say Reid possibly getting fired was impossible. We said Andy Reid had more value as head coach of this team than people give him credit for. I brought up the point that many of the people demanding he be fired are current Todd Haley apologists. I also brought up that the entire NFL is littered with shitty head coaches, both current and former. Many of them, like Jason Garrett, lack Reid's brilliant and innovative play concepts and also struggle to call the best plays for the situation late in games. And many of them are just shitty fucking coaches. Period.

If/when a change is needed because the team isn't responding anymore (like Marty's 1998 season in KC) then yeah, we should fire Reid. And at that point, "just about anybody would be better" is a terrible attitude to take, because again, you're so damn focused on gameday decisions over actual fucking coaching and teaching.

It's pretty clear to me that Anthony Lynn can't coach his way out of a wet paper bag. But he's not Reid, so therefore he probably makes all of the correct clock management and play calls in the 4th quarter and never fucks any of that shit up, right? Because he's not Reid!

IowaHawkeyeChief
11-11-2019, 09:26 PM

This thread is about ****ing Patrick ****ing Mahomes. The guy with all the talent.

I said only retards would entertain Pat leaving the Chiefs as a possibility after his rookie deal.

You turned it into Andy Reid. You said it was worse that somebody would defend Reid than anybody cluelessly suppose that Mahomes will leave the team.

You WERE the same guy lambasting against Cassel, Alex, and other teams' backups as our franchise QB for years and years, right? Why are you not ****ing up in arms over the topic of this thread? Do you not like nice things?

"Congratulations, Sweets! You just won the lottery!!!!" Do you respond with, "Doesn't matter. Andy Reid is still the head coach of the Chiefs"

Ouch :thumb:

GloryDayz
11-11-2019, 09:28 PM
We were a damn coin toss away from a super bowl in his very first season. We've already decided that he's not going to make or win a super bowl the next 10 years? It took Peyton a TON of failure before he won his. Because all it really takes to turn mahomes into a legend is to win 1. That's it. Andy makes dumb mistakes but he and mahomes are too good together for it not to happen.

I think you fail to realize that last year was Andy's last best chance to attend a SB. From here on out I think we all know he'll coach soft, the players will play soft, Clark won't demand shit out of Veach, Andy, or the players, we'll blame everything on injuries and Andy will play the "I take the blame/we'll learn from this" recording. Rinse and repeat...

It's just Andy Read dude, too old, too predictable, too slow, too "offense first", too egotistical, and sometimes just too damn stupid.

We're fucked!

I hope I'm wrong!!!! :D

GloryDayz
11-11-2019, 09:33 PM

I think those might be the thoughts that are creeping into his brain. He's been here just long enough to see the Andy-pattern, so that field in his brain has been tilled, planted, watered, and fertilized enough to grow some "Plan-B" thoughts. Of course he'll deny it, hell that's no different than Fat-Andy taking blame after every loss, you think it, but you deny thinking it... But in the end he's probably thinking that Andy's going to always do just enough to keep the SB snake-bitten Chiefs out of the SB, and he might as well cash-in before he leaves for a team with a coach that's more multi-dimensional.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-11-2019, 09:37 PM
We didn't say Reid possibly getting fired was impossible. We said Andy Reid had more value as head coach of this team than people give him credit for. I brought up the point that many of the people demanding he be fired are current Todd Haley apologists. I also brought up that the entire NFL is littered with shitty head coaches, both current and former. Many of them, like Jason Garrett, lack Reid's brilliant and innovative play concepts and also struggle to call the best plays for the situation late in games. And many of them are just shitty fucking coaches. Period.

If/when a change is needed because the team isn't responding anymore (like Marty's 1998 season in KC) then yeah, we should fire Reid. And at that point, "just about anybody would be better" is a terrible attitude to take, because again, you're so damn focused on gameday decisions over actual fucking coaching and teaching.

It's pretty clear to me that Anthony Lynn can't coach his way out of a wet paper bag. But he's not Reid, so therefore he probably makes all of the correct clock management and play calls in the 4th quarter and never fucks any of that shit up, right? Because he's not Reid!

What is your fascination with Anthony Lynn? It is YOUR fascination, because literally no one else is bringing him up as an option.

LongSufferingToady
11-12-2019, 01:59 AM

This thread is about ****ing Patrick ****ing Mahomes. The guy with all the talent.

You WERE the same guy lambasting against Cassel, Alex, and other teams' backups as our franchise QB for years and years, right? Why are you not ****ing up in arms over the topic of this thread? Do you not like nice things?

Yes, we won the lottery, and we're going to spend it all at once on Mahomes saving our arses because of a lousy defense, and a lousy coach who won't go for it on 3rd and 2 with just minutes to play. So yes, we will exhaust our lottery money and then that's all she wrote.

GloryDayz
11-12-2019, 07:17 AM

This thread is about fucking Patrick fucking Mahomes. The guy with all the talent.

You WERE the same guy lambasting against Cassel, Alex, and other teams' backups as our franchise QB for years and years, right? Why are you not fucking up in arms over the topic of this thread? Do you not like nice things?

Reread the thread title please, Andy is definitely referenced as a key player... And I'd say PM deciding to stay or go (or milk the Chiefs for the 'Franchise' tag years) as it relates to Andy's continued employment with the Chiefs is what this thread is about.

Fuck Fat-Andy, he's a moron of epic proportion and he might very well result in our FQB deciding to seek greener pastures.

Marcellus
11-12-2019, 08:36 AM
he will learn to love another where there is a better team paying a king's ransome to have him

Oh ok so you don't think the Chiefs will pay him even though its already been floated he is about to have the highest contract in NFL history this offseason and only one team can give him a new deal this off season. :facepalm:

He is also on the most offensively talent laden team in the NFL, he doesn't benefit going anywhere except maybe NE which isn't happening.

You all have gone brain dead. Stop being dumbasses.

SAUTO
11-12-2019, 08:48 AM

you also said we would go undefeated this season and that tim tebow was going to be a great draft pick...

King_Chief_Fan
11-12-2019, 08:53 AM
Oh ok so you don't think the Chiefs will pay him even though its already been floated he is about to have the highest contract in NFL history this offseason and only one team can give him a new deal this off season. :facepalm:

He is also on the most offensively talent laden team in the NFL, he doesn't benefit going anywhere except maybe NE which isn't happening.

You all have gone brain dead. Stop being dumbasses.

Pretty sure Mahomes doesn't want to be the next Marino

Marcellus
11-12-2019, 08:56 AM
Pretty sure Mahomes doesn't want to be the next Marino

Im confident you are a clueless dipshit.

BigRedChief
11-12-2019, 08:59 AM
Pretty sure Mahomes doesn't want to be the next MarinoDifferent era. The factors that caused Marino to never get another chance at the ring are not in place now. Welll besides rank incompetence.

BigRedChief
11-12-2019, 09:03 AM
Reread the thread title please, Andy is definitely referenced as a key player... And I'd say PM deciding to stay or go (or milk the Chiefs for the 'Franchise' tag years) as it relates to Andy's continued employment with the Chiefs is what this thread is about.

**** Fat-Andy, he's a moron of epic proportion and he might very well result in our FQB deciding to seek greener pastures.All coaches have their flaws.

But, if all NFL coaches became free agents and the NFL had a draft. Reid would be drafted second.

Marcellus
11-12-2019, 09:05 AM
Different era. The factors that caused Marino to never get another chance at the ring are not in place now. Welll besides rank incompetence.

The idea that Mahomes isn't about to sign a $200MM+ contract with the Chiefs this offseason is so absurd I can't take anyone serious who makes such stupid comments. You simply have to have your head so far up your ass you are blind deaf and dumb.

I get people are irritated with the loss Sunday but when you start spewing stupid shit, well it makes you look stupid. :shrug:

King_Chief_Fan
11-12-2019, 09:07 AM

spoken like all the homers who hope something isn't or can't be true when it comes to the Chiefs

Marcellus
11-12-2019, 09:08 AM
All coaches have their flaws.

But, if all NFL coaches became free agents and the NFL had a draft. Reid would be drafted second.

You are wasting time with him, he is to Andy Reid what Donger is to Trump.

Somehow people think the locker room culture is like it is here. I am 100% certain not a single player blames Andy Reid for that loss even though he blames himself. To think otherwise is pretty damn clueless.

Marcellus
11-12-2019, 09:21 AM
spoken like all the homers who hope something isn't or can't be true when it comes to the Chiefs

Thinking Mahomes isn't leaving KC because of Reid makes me a homer eh? I think it only takes about 15 braincells to know this.

I tell you what you want to make a bet on whether Mahomes signs an extension this offseason? I'll bet you whatever you want. Name it.

GloryDayz
11-12-2019, 09:22 AM
All coaches have their flaws.

We'll never know, but I seriously don't think so. He'd get drafted, but not #2 behind BB. Any owner who really wants to win know that Andy's flaws aren't small (not focusing on D, most things beyond great play design, and being too friendly with the employees), they're major, and they will result in not attending the SB. If that wasn't true, we would have been to at least on in the Reid era. And if he did go #2, that would prove another owner being a dolt...

King_Chief_Fan
11-12-2019, 09:38 AM

Thinking Mahomes isn't leaving KC because of Reid makes me a homer eh? I think it only takes about 15 braincells to know this.

I tell you what you want to make a bet on whether Mahomes signs an extension this offseason? I'll bet you whatever you want. Name it.

I am pretty sure he will sign an extension and i wasn't saying he wouldn't this go around... but to think he will end his career here...not so much

DRM08
11-12-2019, 10:28 AM
The idea that Mahomes isn't about to sign a $200MM+ contract with the Chiefs this offseason is so absurd I can't take anyone serious who makes such stupid comments. You simply have to have your head so far up your ass you are blind deaf and dumb.

I get people are irritated with the loss Sunday but when you start spewing stupid shit, well it makes you look stupid. :shrug:

Even if he wanted to leave, the Chiefs can make it pretty tough on him with his 5th year option and multiple franchise tags. Even without a new contract, he is stuck in KC for the next 4 years whether he likes it or not. With that in mind, he might as well go for the mega extension in KC so he can get a nice signing bonus and boost his average salary a lot higher than his current $4m per year.

JakeF
11-12-2019, 10:52 AM
Even if he wanted to leave, the Chiefs can make it pretty tough on him with his 5th year option and multiple franchise tags. Even without a new contract, he is stuck in KC for the next 4 years whether he likes it or not. With that in mind, he might as well go for the mega extension in KC so he can get a nice signing bonus and boost his average salary a lot higher than his current $4m per year.4 more years and 100 million and he's gone. Cousins set the blueprint for how to get it done.

That gives him plenty of time to learn everything Andy can teach him. Then Mahomes becomes the biggest FA in the NFL history. He can choose whatever team, whatever coach he wants. He will be an upgrade for 99% of the teams.

Andy Reid has 4 more years to convince Mahomes that he is capable of winning a Super Bowl.

The Chiefs would be smart to sign Mahomes to the longest contract in NFL history this offseason. Mahomes will still be unsure about Reid and all that money will be hard to resist.

DRM08
11-12-2019, 11:14 AM
4 more years and 100 million and he's gone. Cousins set the blueprint for how to get it done.

That gives him plenty of time to learn everything Andy can teach him. Then Mahomes becomes the biggest FA in the NFL history. He can choose whatever team, whatever coach he wants. He will be an upgrade for 99% of the teams.

Andy Reid has 4 more years to convince Mahomes that he is capable of winning a Super Bowl.

The Chiefs would be smart to sign Mahomes to the longest contract in NFL history this offseason. Mahomes will still be unsure about Reid and all that money will be hard to resist.

I think he should wait for Deshaun Watson to get his deal. Deshaun’s agent will try to top Patrick’s number if the Mahomes extension happens first. So let Deshaun put a number out there and then Mahomes can top it.

TomBarndtsTwin
11-12-2019, 11:31 AM
Mahomes has been here all of two and a half years, and has only been starting since last year. He's 24 years old. It's not like he's knocking on 30 or nearing the end of his career.

Stupid thread.

(Ask again in 5 years)

Iczer
11-12-2019, 11:41 AM
I don't think he goes anywhere. He'll be like a Peyton Manning. He will be able to lead the offense himself and a coach to assist.

That being said, if for some reason he gets pissed and asks to be traded. I will probably quit watching football all together. Dead serious.

GloryDayz
11-12-2019, 12:08 PM
Mahomes has been here all of two and a half years, and has only been starting since last year. He's 24 years old. It's not like he's knocking on 30 or nearing the end of his career.

Stupid thread.

(Ask again in 5 years)If Andy and PM are both here in five years, that's PM's fault.

He'll be rich, but probably not a SB winner.

Rasputin
11-12-2019, 12:15 PM
It took Forehead Manning 6 years to win a Super Bowl.

FloridaMan88
11-12-2019, 12:36 PM
4 more years and 100 million and he's gone. Cousins set the blueprint for how to get it done.

Washington also didn't want to resign Cousins... certainly not to the big $$$ contract he wanted.

The Chiefs are in the complete opposite situation, they'll give Mahomes whatever he wants.

FAX
11-12-2019, 12:47 PM
This concept doesn't resonate with me.

I can, however, envision a scenario in which Pat Mahomes I places a call to Clark Hunt and tells him (in no uncertain terms) to fix his shit on defense and special teams.

FAX

GloryDayz
11-12-2019, 01:26 PM
Folks better start thinking beyond PM too, how long do the Cheetah and TK wait around for Andy to actually not be dumb?

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-12-2019, 02:14 PM
you also said we would go undefeated this season and that tim tebow was going to be a great draft pick...

Tebow huh? I see your continued relevance remains somewhere at the bottom of Loch Ness.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-12-2019, 02:24 PM

Thinking Mahomes wants to "marry" Andy Reid is absolutely idiotic. If anything, Mahomes will take over this franchise and when he's had enough of Fatboy loser Andy, he will make sure Clark does exactly as Mahomes instructs him, and puts Reid on economy class out of town.

How much do you want to bet on that?

Hboosboy
11-12-2019, 06:15 PM
http://chng.it/vznDYfyjbK

Hammock Parties
11-12-2019, 06:28 PM
It took Forehead Manning 6 years to win a Super Bowl.

That's because he was a choke artist.

Mahomes is better than Manning ever was his first six years in the league.

Fuck, Manning threw TWENTY-THREE interceptions in year four.

wheeler08
11-12-2019, 06:29 PM
Forget Mahomes, how much longer is Kelce gonna keep his cool?

Easy 6
11-12-2019, 06:32 PM
This is just such a silly thread, Toady

Mahomes and Reid go together like peanut butter n jelly

Imon Yourside
11-12-2019, 09:27 PM
This thread isn't dead yet? LOL DOh i just bumped it, my bad.

LongSufferingToady
11-12-2019, 10:12 PM
This is just such a silly thread, Toady

Mahomes and Reid go together like peanut butter n jelly

I never liked peanut butter and jelly.

jaa1025
11-12-2019, 10:29 PM
I don't put this loss on Reid. Reid didn't come up with that defensive scheme and decided to sit their best run stopping DT and ignore their best run stopping LB. He allows his defensive coordinator complete control and a guy like Spags *should* be trusted in that situation. He also didn't completely shit the bed when it comes to special teams who have become the worst unit in recent KC history. Nor did he drop driving killing perfect passes.

For once, I don't blame Reid at all for this loss. Did he take an ill advised time out? Yes, but it didn't hurt them.

Why Not?
11-12-2019, 10:45 PM
For once, I don't blame Reid at all for this loss. Did he take an ill advised time out? Yes, but it didn't hurt them.

That’s a soft maybe, at best. The most precious commodity in a 2 minute(or :30 second drill, as it were)is time. TO’s are the protector of that commodity and Andy is the gate keeper. Having the ability to stop the clock for even a few more precious seconds opens up the field. Mahomes is Mike Tyson in his prime. He can knock you the fuck out in less than :10 seconds.