PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Is it Superbowl or bust for you?

Chiefs4TheWin
11-10-2019, 09:21 PM
As much as I don't want it to be, I just want to win a Superbowl. I find myself not even watching the defense on the field half the time.

This loss is either the Andy Reid WTF game of the year, or what I fear it is. The team isn't good enough to make it this year.

Poll forthcoming.

comochiefsfan
11-10-2019, 09:22 PM
This team has a good enough roster to do it.

So yes.

bdj23
11-10-2019, 09:23 PM
We haven't won shit for 50 years, and have the league MVP as our QB.

Of course it is.

crayzkirk
11-10-2019, 09:24 PM
What's the other reason for playing? Participation trophies?

TLO
11-10-2019, 09:25 PM
Of course!

Why Not?
11-10-2019, 09:25 PM
After last year, how could it not be

LongSufferingToady
11-10-2019, 09:26 PM
I was an 11 year old kid when the Chiefs lost to the Packers in SBI. I was a 14 year old kid when the Chiefs beat the Vikings in SBIV. And now I'm 64 and after 50 years, yeah, it's Super Bowl or bust for me. After 50 years it's time. And the Chiefs need to deliver.

IowaHawkeyeChief
I will always be a Chiefs fan and I will always watch... I watched or listened to the radio as a kid with Mike Livingston as our QB, I cried when Joe Delaney and DT died. I would love to win a SB but I will still watch if we don't. It will make it that much sweeter when we do. Reid and Mahomes will win a SB if he stays healthy...

Jerm
Uh yes....anything short of getting there is 100% unacceptable.

They were pumping this team up hardcore during the offseason and Andy got everything he wanted....zero excuses.

rabblerouser
Yes.

DaFace
11-10-2019, 09:27 PM
I'm probably the weird one, but my view is that the best way to win a Super Bowl is to be consistently good for enough years that a little luck goes in your favor to win one. There have been very few truly great NFL teams over the years.

So no. It's not Super Bowl or bust, but I really hope we get it done in the next few years.

rabblerouser
11-10-2019, 09:27 PM
This team has a good enough roster to do it.

True.

Too bad they don't have the coaching.

WhiteWhale
11-10-2019, 09:30 PM
Superbowl or bust means you're going to break up the team if they don't win it all.

You ready to trade Mahomes and Hill and start a rebuild if they don't win the SB?

Fucking drama queens.

KC Hawks
11-10-2019, 09:32 PM
I would like the Kansas City Chiefs to win the Superbowl, yes.

jerryaldini
11-10-2019, 09:36 PM
Nah, we get to watch Mahomes every week. Even in losses it's great to watch. He has a long glorious career ahead and he's too good to not win one. Horrible loss but still some of the comments are so ridiculous. Overreaction Planet today big time.

Titty Meat
11-10-2019, 09:39 PM
No. The offense last year was historically the 3rd best ever and still lost 5 games because the defense sucked. Everyone knew Spags wasnt much if any of an upgrade.

New World Order
11-10-2019, 09:40 PM
After last year, how could it not be

Especially after all we gave up for Clark

KCTitus
11-10-2019, 09:48 PM
I have resigned myself to the fact that the NFL is an entertainment show and not an actual sports competition.

The league and it's control of EVERY call coming from a NY office means that ultimate control of the games are managed.

As such, I would still love for KC to win a superbowl and I hope that happens in the next decade or so.

Based upon the games the last 2 years, I dont believe the league wants KC to be a SB champion.

Someone told me long ago, that after the merger Lamar 'got his SB' and that was to be the end of it and never again. It's too easy to ruin a game or a season.

Rain Man
11-10-2019, 09:55 PM
Historically I would say no. I wanted a fun team that was entertaining to watch.

But with Mahomes and Hill and Kelce and Chris Jones and Butker and Fra-, er, Tanoh Kpassagnon, the time has come. This year I was dead set on a Super Bowl, and I still am. There's too much talent at key positions to not deserve it.

scho63
11-10-2019, 10:15 PM
SHOULD have been but when all we do is pile up injuries, have penalties and turnovers, bad coaching decisions and can't put away pussy ass teams, we don't make the Super Bowl.

People keep saying; "Last year we were just one penalty away from the Superbowl when Dee Ford lined up a yard offsides".

Don't you guys get it? This is the Chiefs way- finding a way to fuck up a good thing or piss away a 28 point lead in the playoffs against the Colts or missing 3 FGs or starting Elvis Grbac instead of Rich Gannon.

It's our destiny, like Lt Dan in Forrest Gump! ROFL

Jewish Rabbi
11-10-2019, 10:17 PM
I voted yes, but honestly for me it’s more like get back to the AFCCG or the season is a failure.

loochy
11-10-2019, 10:18 PM
Or bust what? I'm still going to watch. :shrug:

oldman
11-10-2019, 11:01 PM
I'm probably the weird one, but my view is that the best way to win a Super Bowl is to be consistently good for enough years that a little luck goes in your favor to win one. There have been very few truly great NFL teams over the years.

So no. It's not Super Bowl or bust, but I really hope we get it done in the next few years.

I kind of feel the same way. Look at the injuries we've had this year, I feel like we're watching the Chargers sometimes. While I'm not satisfied with waiting 50 years for an appearance in the SB, let alone a win, I'm not ready to throw in my fan card.

Does "or bust" mean some of you are leaving forever? Asking for a friend.

mnchiefsguy
11-10-2019, 11:04 PM

I feel like the Chiefs were that for a long time under Marty and Vermeil...and no luck went their way.

Every year is Super Bowl or Bust...just can't let it ruin your life when it doesn't happen.

TripleThreat
11-10-2019, 11:30 PM
No it's not. Not until we get a good, stellar defense. Literally ALL we need on offense is a good O-line, Mahomes, and then good Running backs. Only skill player on this team worth the $ is Tyreek. I don't say that because I don't think our other players are bad, its because defense is simply that important and that $$ could be spent on a dominant defensive front that puts pressure on quarterbacks and stops running backs from gashing us and keeping Mahomes off the field.

Literally look at SF and New England and how many points their defenses have given up this year, then you can see why one of them sits at 8-0 with jimmy G as their QB and their best wide receiver being Emmanuel sanders a guy they just picked up a few weeks ago?? Granted they have Kittle, but still.

Defense is key to winning a superbowl, and until we get that, We are the colts and Saints. I dont doubt we get a superbowl with Mahomes, but its the difference between do we get 5 rings while Mahomes is here, or maybe 1, at most 2?

TwistedChief
11-11-2019, 06:30 AM
Nah, we get to watch Mahomes every week. Even in losses it's great to watch. He has a long glorious career ahead and he's too good to not win one. Horrible loss but still some of the comments are so ridiculous. Overreaction Planet today big time.

This all day.

Mile High Mania
11-11-2019, 06:51 AM
SB or bust really shouldn't be a thought... you have 10+ years of Mahomes before he may start declining.

Why panic? Totally understand thoughts around wasting the window when you have him cheap, that is a legit concern because he will consume a monumental chunk of that cap.

I get that some of you are starved for that playoff vindication of winning it all, but there's a great deal of freak out around here. It's like "Ok, we've been respectable for 5 years - we deserve a title."

Everybody wants their Oompa Loompa...

https://media.giphy.com/media/jMusG7sxBqCze/giphy.gif

Spott
11-11-2019, 07:13 AM
SB or bust really shouldn't be a thought... you have 10+ years of Mahomes before he may start declining.

Why panic? Totally understand thoughts around wasting the window when you have him cheap, that is a legit concern because he will consume a monumental chunk of that cap.

I get that some of you are starved for that playoff vindication of winning it all, but there's a great deal of freak out around here. It's like "Ok, we've been respectable for 5 years - we deserve a title."

Everybody wants their Oompa Loompa...

https://media.giphy.com/media/jMusG7sxBqCze/giphy.gif

No offense, but you’ve lived to see your team play in 8 Super Bowls. I doubt any of us here will live long enough to see us play in just one.

Hammock Parties
11-11-2019, 07:15 AM
Clark laid it down in training camp.

That was our goal.

BryanBusby
11-11-2019, 07:23 AM
It ain't going to happen this year. Oh well, shit happens.

Still got a lot of Pat years left guys and fortunately we didn't sell off a bunch of shit to try and win now at the trade deadline.

FloridaMan88
11-11-2019, 07:25 AM
It should have been, Mahomes on a rookie contract, an offsides away from reaching the Super Bowl last year, etc.

InChiefsHeaven
11-11-2019, 07:39 AM
I feel bad about the Chiefs today. But, I've been here before...like alot. Over the last few years, it's actually served to tame me. Back in the 90's, I'd be a dick for DAYS after a loss, and a loss like yesterday would have made me completely livid. Maybe it's age, or I've just been beaten down enough...I just don't let it get to me like it used to.

This is a SB quality team on paper. But, it's also the Chiefs. I've seen this movie before, but for some reason, I keep watching. I love these idiots, always have and always will. It is what it is.

Don't let Pats fans or Donk fans or whatever change my fandom. Yes, they get to bask in the glow of SB success, and of course they rub it in. Rightly so. Maybe we'll get there, maybe not.

Go Chiefs. You stupid lovable fucks...

stevieray
11-11-2019, 07:41 AM
I feel bad about the Chiefs today. But, I've been here before...like alot. Over the last few years, it's actually served to tame me. Back in the 90's, I'd be a dick for DAYS after a loss, and a loss like yesterday would have made me completely livid. Maybe it's age, or I've just been beaten down enough...I just don't let it get to me like it used to.

This is a SB quality team on paper. But, it's also the Chiefs. I've seen this movie before, but for some reason, I keep watching. I love these idiots, always have and always will. It is what it is.

Don't let Pats fans or Donk fans or whatever change my fandom. Yes, they get to bask in the glow of SB success, and of course they rub it in. Rightly so. Maybe we'll get there, maybe not.

Go Chiefs. You stupid lovable ****s...

same here...

but at the end of that game..I went off..and did my TV.

I knew the outcome.

Shitty feeling.

oldman
11-11-2019, 08:31 AM
No it's not. Not until we get a good, stellar defense. Literally ALL we need on offense is a good O-line, Mahomes, and then good Running backs. Only skill player on this team worth the $ is Tyreek. I don't say that because I don't think our other players are bad, its because defense is simply that important and that $$ could be spent on a dominant defensive front that puts pressure on quarterbacks and stops running backs from gashing us and keeping Mahomes off the field.

Defense is key to winning a superbowl, and until we get that, We are the colts and Saints. I dont doubt we get a superbowl with Mahomes, but its the difference between do we get 5 rings while Mahomes is here, or maybe 1, at most 2?

I'll agree with most of your post, but I'd argue that #87 is worth every penny we pay him.

Moving forward, we should be looking at linemen on both sides of the ball in the draft. With Fisher and LDT, two above average O-linemen out, we had to patchwork a line together when Schwartz then Rankin went down. We were lucky Mitch was able to return before PMII was killed.

On the D side of the ball, why was Pennel, a run stuffer inactive? We had Okafor out and Clark still not playing up to the level we expected. Then we had Ogbah go down.