PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Will the Chiefs win a Super Bowl with Andy Reid?

Hammock Parties
11-12-2019, 07:34 PM
Call your shot, homers and haters.

Bowser
11-12-2019, 07:35 PM
Prove me wrong, Andy

Easy 6
It’s not if, but WHEN

Molitoth
I've been a Yes man... but Andy keeps doing the same stupid shit he has since Philly.... so No... if he won't change, then he won't win.

Deberg_1990
11-12-2019, 07:36 PM
Nah.

Jeff Bezos will win a title before Andy.

lawrenceRaider
11-12-2019, 07:37 PM
I've been a Yes man... but Andy keeps doing the same stupid shit he has since Philly.... so No... if he won't change, then he won't win.

My answer as well.

Why Not?
11-12-2019, 07:41 PM
Prove me wrong, Andy

This. Will gladly eat crow. And a dick. Even a crow’s dick.

Kman34
11-12-2019, 07:42 PM
Yes because.... Mahomes...

Molitoth
11-12-2019, 07:42 PM
Yes because.... Mahomes...

Can't even beat the Titans "because Mahomes".

HemiEd
11-12-2019, 07:45 PM
It’s not if, but WHEN
That is how I see it. The biggest and most consistent obstacle for the last 50 years has been the QB and that is fixed.

Now if he would just step back and delegate some of the in game decisions, he might just get there.

When Patrick went down, the team came together, then a lot of them relaxed when he came back.

493rd
11-12-2019, 07:50 PM
NO, he won’t. Not a chance. His tendencies are too well-established and he’s too stubborn to change.

kcclone
11-12-2019, 07:54 PM
Andy’s teams are too soft. I can’t think of any soft teams that have won it. St Louis maybe?

JakeF
11-12-2019, 07:56 PM
Nope, Andy has already proven he can lose with Mahomes. The QB has always been the excuse; "Andy Reid has never had an elite QB". Forget the fact that Andy is supposed to be the best QB coach in the universe but he's never had an elite QB. Yet we have taken it in the shorts with Mahomes. Nobody can deny that Mahomes is elite.

Andy Reid can't even field an elite offense when it counts with Mahomes. We have come up short at crunch time. Andy can't even make our guys protect the ball.

We are soft, sloppy and lack focus. You have to be pretty shitty to lose with a HOF QB like Mahomes. Andy doesn't have a problem losing.

No fair you say? We've had too many injuries on our offensive line. Guess what? Everyone made fun of the Colts for not protecting Andrew Luck with a good Oline. We should have done a better job filling our backups along the Oline. Not hindsight either, our offensive line backups being a problem was discussed at the beginning of the year. Specifically, Cam Erving was pointed out as a problem.

When you have an elite QB, you protect him with a stud Oline.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
11-12-2019, 07:58 PM
Not happening. He’s the Dan Marino of coaches

Easy 6
That is how I see it. The biggest and most consistent obstacle for the last 50 years has been the QB and that is fixed.

Now if he would just step back and delegate some of the in game decisions, he might just get there.

When Patrick went down, the team came together, then a lot of them relaxed when he came back.

That last sentence boils it down for me... from coaches to players a well discussed malaise of sorts seems to have set in when Money is playing

The defense is waiting around for an offensive miracle, it’s gotta stop... the good news is almost half a season lies ahead and that means there’s time to fix it and get hot down the stretch

notorious
Andy’s teams are too soft. I can’t think of any soft teams that have won it. St Louis maybe?

Everyone remembers the "Greatest Show on Turf", but they don't remember that the Rams had an excellent defense that was physical as hell.

Their defense deserves as much credit as the offense when it comes to their title and other SB appearance.

Iconic
11-12-2019, 07:59 PM
yes.

J Diddy
11-12-2019, 08:02 PM
I just can’t figure out what our fucking problem is. We spent the 90s with a dominant defense and no offense and after the turn of the century we can’t field a defense no matter the fire power we have on offense and special teams.

Ribbs67
11-12-2019, 08:05 PM
I want to say yes...but after seeing how totally disconnected he is from everything but sitting with Mahomes on the bench, then I have to say no. Spags in ability to adjust to the game flow is hard to watch. ST are abismal. ( Why we ever field a punt or kick off is beside me. Nothing but holding penalties that put us in a hole. Andy is an awesome coach Monday-Saturday.. but unfortunately on Sundays he is a liability in the most crucial times. Coaching happens during the week.. HC and Game manger is what happens on Sundays. He keeps letting us and the team down.

KCFalcon59
I have some doubts, but I think Mahomes wills the Chiefs to a win. Mahomes needs to check out of stupid play calls. Once he starts doing that I think we get over the hump.

Jerok
Yes. This year.

New World Order
11-12-2019, 08:07 PM
Mahomes is too good for Andy not to win one.

Put Mahomes on that Eagles team Andy had in 2004 and no one is questioning if Andy can win the big one.

pugsnotdrugs19
11-12-2019, 08:09 PM
Yes.

JakeF
11-12-2019, 08:14 PM
Mahomes is too good for Andy not to win one.You think Reid will let Mahomes take control like that? It won't just take Mahomes being a stud, it will take Reid not handcuffing Mahomes.

Not running ball, not managing the clock, not knowing when to pass/run the ball.

Can Mahomes just tell Andy to fuck off and start running the offense. Mahomes is a little young to be able to run an offense. Can any QB run the offense from the huddle against such advanced defensive schemes? To run an offense you have to practice running an offense. I just don't see Andy letting Mahomes lineup in practice and call all the plays.

Reid refused to even let a GM share control, doubtful he lets a QB take control of his offense.

RealSNR
11-12-2019, 08:16 PM
Reid refused to even let a GM share control, doubtful he lets a QB take control of his offense.

Prove it.

kcclone
11-12-2019, 08:19 PM
It takes more than just a sick QB to win a SB. Look at all the great ones with only 1 SB win.

comochiefsfan
11-12-2019, 08:27 PM
I don’t think so, but I’d LOVE to eat crow on this.

gold_and_red
11-12-2019, 08:30 PM
Reid has lost too many playoff games in KC in record setting and memorable fashion (Indy, Steelers, Titans, Patriots) that his first step to redemption is to lose playoff games the normal way, you know just being outmatched and manhandled for 60 minutes (with this D it doesn't take much to do that). Then we can talk about winning and then about SBs.
Jokes aside if past performances are indicators of future success then the answer is an emphatic No (even with Mahomes who has lost many games because of Reid's game management or lack thereof).

TEX
11-12-2019, 08:31 PM
I voted yes, but they're not gonna get anywhere close to one this year. The team is too flawed.

Spott
11-12-2019, 08:37 PM
Not a chance in hell.

TomBarndtsTwin
11-12-2019, 08:40 PM
If you would have asked me before this season, I would have said emphatically ‘yes’. From what I’ve seen this season, I’m starting to really question that stance. Granted, we’ve had shit luck with injuries this year. I don’t know, though. Andy has certainly not impressed me with his coaching this year. Maybe they’ll look better if/when they get fully healthy? :shrug:

gold_and_red
11-12-2019, 08:42 PM
My biggest concern is how poorly Reid's teams are playing at home. It is almost like winning in the regular season to get HFA is a useless exercise. Not that this team plays poorly on the road but playoff home teams will be much stronger that we are making our SB path much much more difficult even with Mahomes.

comochiefsfan
11-12-2019, 08:45 PM
My biggest concern is how poorly Reid's teams are playing at home. It is almost like winning in the regular season to get HFA is a useless exercise. Not that this team plays poorly on the road but playoff home teams will be much stronger that we are making our SB path much much more difficult even with Mahomes.

The lack of home field advantage we get at Arrowhead with how good we are is truly puzzling.

Other teams whose home stadiums have similar atmospheres (Seattle, New Orleans, New England, Denver when they’re good) are nearly impossible to beat at home.

Not so with the Chiefs. It’s very frustrating.

ClarkGriswold
11-12-2019, 08:51 PM
Not a chance in hell.

I am still shocked that the Royals have won 2 World Series since the Chiefs have won a Super Bowl. Hopefully their Superbowl-less streak doesn't get up there with the Cubs drought they had. Geez.

Maybe Steve Bartman is a Chiefs fan and goes to the playoff games and hides among the Chiefs fans.

Ten years ago I would have said no way the Royals win again before the Chiefs.

Wow!!!!!

Shiver Me Timbers
11-12-2019, 09:01 PM
Odds are no.
The team has regressed. I see no signs of it reversing to the point the SB is a serious possibility.
It is on the HC and his track record should be a concern to the ownership.

TLO
11-12-2019, 09:06 PM
Most likely, yes.

Jerm
11-12-2019, 09:07 PM
Nope.

He's never changed and never will and his detriments will never allow a team, Pat or not, to win a Super Bowl.

He will get outcoached when it matters the most.

aloyouis
11-12-2019, 09:08 PM
Nope.

Flying High D
11-12-2019, 09:13 PM
Fat Andy has a better chance of seeing his winkie than he does wining a SB.

Flying High D
11-12-2019, 09:14 PM
And he hasn’t seen it since 3rd grade.

Imon Yourside
11-12-2019, 09:18 PM
I voted yes but deep down inside I seriously doubt Reid ever gets out of his own way long enough to get there. Last year was our chance.

KurtCobain
11-12-2019, 09:19 PM
List of head coaches who have won a Superbowl in the last fifteen years who are not much better than Andy(if at all):

Tony Dungy
Mike Tomlin
Jon Harbaugh
Gary ****ing Kubiak(are you ****ing kidding me?)
Doug Pederson

So... yeah, any year we make the playoffs there's a chance that it could happen.

kcxiv
11-12-2019, 09:26 PM
I had to vote no. He doesnt learn. Someone needs to step in and take his playcalling duties away. He panics.

Three7s
11-12-2019, 09:27 PM
No

Imon Yourside
11-12-2019, 09:28 PM
List of head coaches who have won a Superbowl in the last fifteen years who are not much better than Andy(if at all):

Tony Dungy
Mike Tomlin
Jon Harbaugh
Gary ****ing Kubiak(are you ****ing kidding me?)
Doug Pederson

So... yeah, any year we make the playoffs there's a chance that it could happen.

Harbaugh is pretty good and I used to think Tomlin was an idiot but I do think he's a pretty good coach as time goes on.

chiefforlife
11-12-2019, 09:30 PM
Yes.

FloridaMan88
11-12-2019, 09:42 PM
Yes the Chiefs will win a Super Bowl with Andy Reid... but not as their HC.

FAX
11-12-2019, 09:49 PM
Has the fat lady sung yet? Did she eat the last cheeseburger? Are her seal-skin panties riding up well beyond her woolies and thus causing her some discomfort?

I think not.

Wally will get his Super Bowl with the Chiefs. I had a vision.

FAX

Reerun_KC
11-12-2019, 09:51 PM
Nope. Not a chance. Too stubborn and set in his ways.

He’s a marty/Herm cline wanna be.

Fuck fat Andy.

Shiver Me Timbers
11-12-2019, 09:51 PM
Has the fat lady sung yet? Did she eat the last cheeseburger? Are her seal-skin panties riding up well beyond her woolies and thus causing her some discomfort?

I think not.

Wally will get his Super Bowl with the Chiefs. I had a vision.

FAX
Ok
Changed my mind

DRM08
11-12-2019, 09:57 PM
Nope, Andy has already proven he can lose with Mahomes. The QB has always been the excuse; "Andy Reid has never had an elite QB". Forget the fact that Andy is supposed to be the best QB coach in the universe but he's never had an elite QB. Yet we have taken it in the shorts with Mahomes. Nobody can deny that Mahomes is elite.

Andy Reid can't even field an elite offense when it counts with Mahomes. We have come up short at crunch time. Andy can't even make our guys protect the ball.

We are soft, sloppy and lack focus. You have to be pretty shitty to lose with a HOF QB like Mahomes. Andy doesn't have a problem losing.

No fair you say? We've had too many injuries on our offensive line. Guess what? Everyone made fun of the Colts for not protecting Andrew Luck with a good Oline. We should have done a better job filling our backups along the Oline. Not hindsight either, our offensive line backups being a problem was discussed at the beginning of the year. Specifically, Cam Erving was pointed out as a problem.

Yep, Reid has found a way to lose multiple games where Mahomes played very well...including this most recent cluster-flop in Nashville. That's a result of not having a well-rounded team. Poor defense, poor special teams, poor game management by the head coach, penalties out the wazoo (including drive-killers).

FloridaMan88
11-12-2019, 10:18 PM
If Andy wants to win a Super Bowl he should look to his mentor/friend, Dick Vermeil as a guide.

Vermeil knew he had to go out of his comfort zone by hiring Mike Martz as his OC with the Rams and going from a ground/pound offensive identity (which was Vermeil’s preferred offensive philosophy going back to his Philly days) to the Greatest Show on Earth.

In Andy’s case, he should have resisted the temptation to hire a familiar DC (Spags) and instead go big/bold... Rex Ryan.

Learn from Vermeil, Andy and step out of your comfort zone to win a Super Bowl.

Wallcrawler
11-12-2019, 10:32 PM
Situational football decisions win and lose games. Playoff games are rarely the blow your doors off 45-17 spectacle you see against teams in the regukar season.

These games will be tight, and Reid needs to know what to do in these games. Time and again, he has proven that he has literally no ****ing idea what he is doing.

You need to be able to understand the situation. Afirst down wins the game. I need 2 yards to get it, I have 2 downs to do it.

Nah pimpin.

Let's call a screen to the worst hands on the football team,and kick a fg if that fails, leaving the titans a chance.

Giving an opposing team a chance, letting them hang around, you lose.

Wasting timeouts instead of just calling a ****ing play and executing is a recipe for disaster.

The timeout before the 2 pt conversion? Why? 23 seconds remained and he burned a timeout.

Mahomes negated this with his greatness, managing to get us in fg range anyway.

Mahomes, as great as he is, CANNOT overcome ineptitude from the head coach enough times to win a title.

Reid's had over 2 decades. Been to one dance and went against arguably the greatest situation football mind of all time, Bill Belichick.

He lost.

Andy will win NOTHING of significance unless Mahomes drops 60 on everyone and let's Andy of the hook for any important decisions.

Reerun_KC
11-12-2019, 10:43 PM
Situational football decisions win and lose games. Playoff games are rarely the blow your doors off 45-17 spectacle you see against teams in the regukar season.

These games will be tight, and Reid needs to know what to do in these games. Time and again, he has proven that he has literally no ****ing idea what he is doing.

You need to be able to understand the situation. Afirst down wins the game. I need 2 yards to get it, I have 2 downs to do it.

Nah pimpin.

Let's call a screen to the worst hands on the football team,and kick a fg if that fails, leaving the titans a chance.

Giving an opposing team a chance, letting them hang around, you lose.

Wasting timeouts instead of just calling a ****ing play and executing is a recipe for disaster.

The timeout before the 2 pt conversion? Why? 23 seconds remained and he burned a timeout.

Mahomes negated this with his greatness, managing to get us in fg range anyway.

Mahomes, as great as he is, CANNOT overcome ineptitude from the head coach enough times to win a title.

Reid's had over 2 decades. Been to one dance and went against arguably the greatest situation football mind of all time, Bill Belichick.

He lost.

Andy will win NOTHING of significance unless Mahomes drops 60 on everyone and let's Andy of the hook for any important decisions.

Well stated.

FAX
11-12-2019, 10:43 PM
If Andy wants to win a Super Bowl he should look to his mentor/friend, Dick Vermeil as a guide.

Vermeil knew he had to go out of his comfort zone by hiring Mike Martz as his OC with the Rams and going from a ground/pound offensive identity (which was Vermeil’s preferred offensive philosophy going back to his Philly days) to the Greatest Show on Earth.

In Andy’s case, he should have resisted the temptation to hire a familiar DC (Spags) and instead go big/bold... Rex Ryan.

Learn from Vermeil, Andy and step out of your comfort zone to win a Super Bowl.

There's a lot of truth in this assessment. It may not be entirely factual, however ... I mean, solely in the sense that Wally made the wrong choice in Spaggyboots.

Let's remember that there is value in system coherence. The Chiefs want to win now and Wally's prior relationship with Spaggyboots makes for a more harmonious transition of DCs. They know each other. They know how to work together. There is trust in place. Of course, we don't yet know if it was the right decision or not. Time will tell.

It seems to me that much of what I've read today on ChiefsPlanet is awash with recency bias. For example, there has not been any indication whatsoever that our special teams suck total ass under Toub ... until Sunday. Now, all of a sudden, there are calls for his head and the heads of all his relatives. Oh ... and we should decapitate all his friends while we're at it. It's illogical.

As for the defense, we've known that we had issues. We saw some growth and advancement over the prior couple of games then we gave up two incredibly unfortunate drives to the Tacks at a crucial time. Scoring drives that never should have happened. Is that a trend? Are we improving overall? Did we just collapse entirely? Who knows? But we know for sure that 2 drives do not a season make.

Meanwhile, Wally has called some great games and devised and called plays that were outstanding this year. They are on tape. However, in this game, he called a screen on 3rd and 2 to the 2nd string TE. That's a play that Mahomes liked a lot (and actually lobbied for) when they called and ran the same damn play against the Jacksons 11. The fans loved it against the Jacksons because it worked. But nobody likes the call now. But does that make Wally a complete tool?

We're probably in much better shape (season-wise) than we "feel" right now. Injury-wise it may be a very different story. But that story is yet to be told.

I counsel deep breaths and blowjobs until after we demolish the Electricians.

FAX

yellowfin13x
11-12-2019, 10:46 PM
Absolutely ! But only when the defense shows up:)

TribalElder
11-12-2019, 10:48 PM
cant close out the titans which is just ****ing pathetic

I don't see how andy ever wins the superbowl

he might have won one if he never put alex back in as the starter and would have went with mahomes in the playoffs his first year

lcarus
11-12-2019, 10:49 PM
It’s not if, but WHEN

I went with yes too. It might be 2021 but when you have Mahomes and Hill, two of the best football players I've ever seen, eventually the rest of the team will do well enough.

BlackOp
11-12-2019, 11:15 PM
With how the Texans game was officiated...I've lost any realistic optimism in KC being "allowed" to reach the SB regardless of the HC. The one constant in 40 years of watching this team...is they will get screwed in big games.

They have lost every primetime/national game of the Mahomes era besides against the Bengals....and the Indy divisional. Two of the smallest markets..

Thats Chargers, NE x2, Rams, Texans, Packers, Titans...so seven of their total nine losses came in large audience games.

Is what it is...Mahomes is ratings fodder to give other big market fanbases hope.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
11-12-2019, 11:18 PM
With how the Texans game was officiated...I've lost any realistic optimism in KC being "allowed" to reach the SB regardless of the HC. The one constant in 40 years of watching this team...is they will get screwed in big games.

They have lost every primetime/national game of the Mahomes era besides against the Bengals....and the Indy divisional.

Thats Chargers, NE x2, Rams, Texans, Packers, Titans...so seven of their nine loses came in large audience games.

Is what it is...

Our defense let’s him down every time

KS Smitty
11-12-2019, 11:38 PM
Our defense let’s him down every time

Maybe because they feel like Andy doesn't have any interest in them so they aren't invested in the team mentality. They're in it for the payday because hell the head coach could care less about them. :shrug:

Chiefshrink
11-12-2019, 11:48 PM
:hmmm:

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
11-12-2019, 11:51 PM
We’re so undisciplined and that is a result of Andy Reid. He needs to be fired. We need a hard ass coach

kjwood75nro
11-12-2019, 11:53 PM
The Chiefs winning a Superbowl will happen despite Andy, so knowing that he would get a ring would make the victory bittersweet (unless he promised to retire from HC afterwards).

He has no motivation or ability to protect Mahomes, which itself is unforgivable. He's a proven liability when it matters, and he couldn't give a fuck about improving.

Mods should autocorrect "genius" to "fat ringless fuck."

FAX
11-12-2019, 11:56 PM
You guys have lost your minds.

Meditate. Think beautiful thoughts. Watch porn. Whatever it takes.

This negativity is pointless and counter-productive.

FAX THE SERENE

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
11-12-2019, 11:57 PM
Our next HC needs to be someone who lights a fire underneath people’s asses and holds them accountable. Go Bruce Arians style or Rod Marinelli. If you don’t hustle you are benched or cut

ARROW2
11-13-2019, 12:17 AM
You guys have lost your minds.

Meditate. Think beautiful thoughts. Watch porn. Whatever it takes.

This negativity is pointless and counter-productive.

FAX THE SERENE

Works for me....:evil:

Titty Meat
11-13-2019, 12:25 AM
No hes still making the same mistakes hes made the past 20 years

TwistedChief
11-13-2019, 01:21 AM
Of course they will. Mahomes can be denied only so many times. Reid or no Reid.

Nickhead
11-13-2019, 01:58 AM
too much of a players coach to win it all. :thumb:

MMXcalibur
11-13-2019, 02:26 AM
I'll say yes.

Eventually, these morons will field a defense that doesn't suck butt. May take a season or five, but they'll figure it out.

Mahomesmyman
11-13-2019, 05:04 AM
Definitely not this year but I believe it will happen in future.

PAChiefsGuy
11-13-2019, 05:16 AM
Of course they can.. He is a great coach. We just need more talent on D.

MeaTy The Pimp
11-13-2019, 05:37 AM
I believe that he will... eventually.

I don't think that he is going to win it with this years squad. We had a better shot at it last year, but we shit the bed. We have to improve the D and get healthy first.

chiefzilla1501
11-13-2019, 05:43 AM
Yes. But only if the defense gets figured out. I'm not confident spags is the guy to do it. But Reid and mahomes together are plenty good enough together to overcome his sloppy game management. And mahomes will eventually take certain dumb decisions in his own hands.

I don't buy the other nonsense that reid can't coach. That's never been in question. His teams don't have a history of fumbling. He's had very tough teams before. Our offense much as we want to nitpick is still playing out of its mind considering how we've been devastated with injury. They'll get healthier. It's that damn defense though.

RunKC
11-13-2019, 08:06 AM
Loser coach + loser franchise? Yeah no sorry.

Not even Pat can overcome Andy’s bullshit

redfan
11-13-2019, 08:09 AM
Nope, the 5-year window has closed.

ChiTown
11-13-2019, 08:10 AM
I didn’t vote, because there’s more to it than that - and it’s not an Andy Reid thing as much as it’s a Veach thing, IMO. You need to get serious about fielding a Defense that can get off the field when it needs to, and finding a RB that can carry the load. Do those two things and yes, Andy can win a SB with Patrick Mahomes.

notorious
11-13-2019, 08:14 AM
I see that false hope is alive and well.

Molitoth
11-13-2019, 08:20 AM
I didn’t vote, because there’s more to it than that - and it’s not an Andy Reid thing as much as it’s a Veach thing, IMO. You need to get serious about fielding a Defense that can get off the field when it needs to, and finding a RB that can carry the load. Do those two things and yes, Andy can win a SB with Patrick Mahomes.

I just don't understand this logic.

Veach overhauled the entire defense by grabbing players that played well on former teams. He TRIED.

You don't really know what you have until you put them on the field in real action. We will see what Veach does this next off-season, but to blame him now when he overhauled the defense (AS MANY FANS SUGGESTED) is contradictory.

Direckshun
11-13-2019, 08:52 AM
I think they probably will once Mahomes gets another year or two under his belt.

Dude is going to be unstoppable when he's like 27. He's basically unstoppable now.

notorious
11-13-2019, 08:55 AM
I think they probably will once Mahomes gets another year or two under his belt.

Dude is going to be unstoppable when he's like 27. He's basically unstoppable now.

I can't imagine this team with a physical running game and (gulp) a defense.

I am absolutely fine with Pat throwing for 250 and 1 or 2 TD if it means we can turn him on when the game is in crunch time just like Rape, Brady, etc. Their teams cover the QB's ass, but when absolutely needed the QB rises to the occasion.

I don't see it happening until some changes are made.

ROYC75
11-13-2019, 09:36 AM
Not a homer take here, but I'm calling it , within the next 3 years!

Flying High D
11-13-2019, 09:39 AM
Depends, does the Titans, Colts, Texans, Patriots, make the playoffs?

Buehler445
11-13-2019, 11:34 AM
I see that false hope is alive and well.

Eh mine is gone. I'm in the prove me wrong Andy category.

Thing is, I don't know who I'd want in here other than Belicheat. Belicheat is the obvious one, but look back through the best coaches in the league.

Pete Carroll - he's pretty good, but straight up lost that locker room for awhile over soft peddling Russ. Obviously that was right, but he lost it. Plus he's what? 70?

Tomlin - He's had a bunch of fucking fuckery in Shitsberg. I don't know what to think of him, but after LeBeau and his defense left he can't win either. Certainly can't get past Belicheat. At least Reid has given Belicheat a beating in the regular season.

Frank Riech is getting a lot of play right now, but have they really done anything? I think he's an OK coach, but I don't have any real evidence of that?

Bill OBrien - Child Please. I'd Rather have Reid.

Chucky - Fuck off. He can't even beat Reid.

John Harbaugh - He's steady but he hasn't won shit since Flacco's out of body experience. He's not a defensive guy or an offensive guy so his staff is far more importan than most other dudes. He's pretty good, but I don't know man. I don't see him as a big upgrade to Reid.

Vrable - Sure he beat us with Tannehill, but his list of gaffes is already quite long. Although his press conferences are funny. It's early in his career yet, but I think there is a low probability he's better than Reid.

Jason Garrett - ROFL NO.

Pedersen - Looks like the shine is coming off his ass. Maybe better than Reid, but probably not materially. Wentz is one of the few guys that can be in the same universe as Mahomes and we are doing better than they are.

Shanahanarat Jr - No. I just can't. Don't care what kind of a coach he is, I just can't.

McVay - They're going to miss the playoffs after getting straight exposed by Belicheat. I think there is a fair chance he's a flash in the pan and it's over.

Zimmer - He's the defensive version of Reid. Been there done that would like to never go back.

Nagy - That team looks like asshole warmed over.

Payton - Looks like Reid if Reid would have won in 04. I think Reid is a better play designer, Payton is a better in game coach. Neither one of them have a damn thing to do with the defense. He won the big one once, but has missed the playoffs more often than Reid (And has had a better QB than Reid until last year) Looks like the same guy.

Ron Rivera - I think he's underrated as a coach, but there's a fair chance he'd fuck off Mahomes. No thanks.

Bruce Ariens - Looks fucking terribad without Warner doing Warner things.

There isn't a coach in the league not named Belicheat that screams I'm better than Andy Reid.

So I guess I'll just live with Reid, shun any expectations and watch Mahomes do ridiculous things on Sundays.

Flying High D
11-13-2019, 12:16 PM
Reid is muddying the waters for the Chiefs to win the SB.

Rasputin
11-13-2019, 12:24 PM
I'm going say no because when you have an 8 point lead and don't force the other team to burn timeouts and you let them beat you by an intern coach that's bad situational football on coaching.

Reerun_KC
11-13-2019, 12:34 PM
Eh mine is gone. I'm in the prove me wrong Andy category.

Thing is, I don't know who I'd want in here other than Belicheat. Belicheat is the obvious one, but look back through the best coaches in the league.

Pete Carroll - he's pretty good, but straight up lost that locker room for awhile over soft peddling Russ. Obviously that was right, but he lost it. Plus he's what? 70?

Tomlin - He's had a bunch of ****ing ****ery in Shitsberg. I don't know what to think of him, but after LeBeau and his defense left he can't win either. Certainly can't get past Belicheat. At least Reid has given Belicheat a beating in the regular season.

Frank Riech is getting a lot of play right now, but have they really done anything? I think he's an OK coach, but I don't have any real evidence of that?

Bill OBrien - Child Please. I'd Rather have Reid.

Chucky - **** off. He can't even beat Reid.

John Harbaugh - He's steady but he hasn't won shit since Flacco's out of body experience. He's not a defensive guy or an offensive guy so his staff is far more importan than most other dudes. He's pretty good, but I don't know man. I don't see him as a big upgrade to Reid.

Vrable - Sure he beat us with Tannehill, but his list of gaffes is already quite long. Although his press conferences are funny. It's early in his career yet, but I think there is a low probability he's better than Reid.

Jason Garrett - ROFL NO.

Pedersen - Looks like the shine is coming off his ass. Maybe better than Reid, but probably not materially. Wentz is one of the few guys that can be in the same universe as Mahomes and we are doing better than they are.

Shanahanarat Jr - No. I just can't. Don't care what kind of a coach he is, I just can't.

McVay - They're going to miss the playoffs after getting straight exposed by Belicheat. I think there is a fair chance he's a flash in the pan and it's over.

Zimmer - He's the defensive version of Reid. Been there done that would like to never go back.

Nagy - That team looks like asshole warmed over.

Payton - Looks like Reid if Reid would have won in 04. I think Reid is a better play designer, Payton is a better in game coach. Neither one of them have a damn thing to do with the defense. He won the big one once, but has missed the playoffs more often than Reid (And has had a better QB than Reid until last year) Looks like the same guy.

Ron Rivera - I think he's underrated as a coach, but there's a fair chance he'd **** off Mahomes. No thanks.

Bruce Ariens - Looks ****ing terribad without Warner doing Warner things.

There isn't a coach in the league not named Belicheat that screams I'm better than Andy Reid.

So I guess I'll just live with Reid, shun any expectations and watch Mahomes do ridiculous things on Sundays.

Just say no to retread coaches.

Take a risk, be creative, think outside the rehash the trash policy of the NFL.

Hire for success not to achieve same results with different team.

Fat Andy is my new Herm.

Flying High D
11-13-2019, 12:37 PM
They could win the SB with Fat Andy as long as he’s not on the sideline, preferably he would be in the buffet line somewhere during the game.

eDave
11-13-2019, 12:41 PM
We might.

Buehler445
11-13-2019, 12:56 PM
Just say no to retread coaches.

Take a risk, be creative, think outside the rehash the trash policy of the NFL.

Hire for success not to achieve same results with different team.

Fat Andy is my new Herm.

You want the new hotness like Kliff Kingsbury, Zac Taylor, or Brian Flores?

I’m pretty much with you in that regard but when’s the last time a new head coach was good? Pete Carroll?

And fuck you for comparing Reid to Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards. Reid isn’t great, but he’s competent. Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards didn’t even belong as a DC.

The comparison is a joke. If you truly believe the comparison is real you are either dumb as a first grader doing Chinese algebra or you were drunk the whole time during the Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards era.

Reerun_KC
11-13-2019, 01:01 PM

I’m pretty much with you in that regard but when’s the last time a new head coach was good? Pete Carroll?

And **** you for comparing Reid to Squirmin Herman Mother****ing Sack of **** Edwards. Reid isn’t great, but he’s competent. Squirmin Herman Mother****ing Sack of **** Edwards didn’t even belong as a DC.

The comparison is a joke. If you truly believe the comparison is real you are either dumb as a first grader doing Chinese algebra or you were drunk the whole time during the Squirmin Herman Mother****ing Sack of **** Edwards era.

Yes.

Flying High D
11-13-2019, 01:03 PM
I guess the other 31 teams could get disqualified or something.

Halfcan
11-13-2019, 01:04 PM
We can't even count on Andy to pull out a win with a 3 touchdown lead in the fourth quarter. He losses games in every conceivable bumbling way. I don't even trust him to win this weekend against the lessor talented Chargers let alone a SuperBowl.

Andy needs to go and so does his shitty coaching staff. If you can't even count to 11 before every play- you have no business running a team.

Reerun_KC
11-13-2019, 01:08 PM

And **** you for comparing Reid to Squirmin Herman Mother****ing Sack of **** Edwards. Reid isn’t great, but he’s competent. Squirmin Herman Mother****ing Sack of **** Edwards didn’t even belong as a DC.

The comparison is a joke. If you truly believe the comparison is real you are either dumb as a first grader doing Chinese algebra or you were drunk the whole time during the Squirmin Herman Mother****ing Sack of **** Edwards era.

Can you expound on a 1st grader doing Chinese algebra? Is this even possible? Or is it like calling a screen pass to Blake a bell when you can end the game in 2 plays?

Buehler445
11-13-2019, 01:33 PM
Can you expound on a 1st grader doing Chinese algebra? Is this even possible? Or is it like calling a screen pass to Blake a bell when you can end the game in 2 plays?

More like comparing Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards to a competent football coach.

Reerun_KC
11-13-2019, 01:39 PM
More like comparing Squirmin Herman Mother****ing Sack of **** Edwards to a competent football coach.

And when/where did this supposedly happen? I’m going to look around but not Sure anyone compared Herm to a competent football coach.

rabblerouser
11-13-2019, 01:43 PM
And when/where did this supposedly happen? I’m going to look around but not Sure anyone compared Herm to a competent football coach.

No shit.

Andy Reid IS Herman Edwards.

Right down to clock mismanagement and having a soft team.

rabblerouser
11-13-2019, 01:49 PM

No. Pete Carroll was fired as Head Coach of the Jets and Patriots before going to USC and then Seattle.

Ya dummy.

Did you know Bill Belichick was fired by the Browns after being their Head Coach for like 5 years before rejoining Parcells as defensive backs coach with the Patriots in 1996?

Herman Edwards has never been a DC.

You do realize he was the defensive backs coach under Tony Dungy and Lovie Smith in Tampa before leaving to replace Al Groh as the Jets Head Coach, right?

Do you even know anything about football, bro?

Buehler445
11-13-2019, 01:50 PM

No shit.

The fact that you two yokels can’t tell the difference between Reid, who is a competent coach, to that fucking fraud Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards is criminally retarded.

TLO
11-13-2019, 01:56 PM
I guess the other 31 teams could get disqualified or something.

https://i.imgur.com/ynGtwIG.gif

Buehler445
11-13-2019, 01:58 PM
No. Pete Carroll was fired as Head Coach of the Jets and Patriots before going to USC and then Seattle.

Ya dummy.

Did you know Bill Belichick was fired by the Browns after being their Head Coach for like 5 years before rejoining Parcells as defensive backs coach with the Patriots in 1996?

Herman Edwards has never been a DC.

You do realize he was the defensive backs coach under Tony Dungy and Lovie Smith in Tampa before leaving to replace Al Groh as the Jets Head Coach, right?

Do you even know anything about football, bro?

I had forgotten about Carroll coaching the Jets. Touché. What the fuck does Belicheat getting fired have a fucking thing to do with new head coaches finding success?

I know Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards wasn’t a DC. I never said he was. I said he didn’t even belong as a DC much less HC.

Do you even know how to read, bro?

rabblerouser
11-13-2019, 02:18 PM
I had forgotten about Carroll coaching the Jets. Touché. What the **** does Belicheat getting fired have a ****ing thing to do with new head coaches finding success?

I know Squirmin Herman Mother****ing Sack of **** Edwards wasn’t a DC. I never said he was. I said he didn’t even belong as a DC much less HC.

Do you even know how to read, bro?
It means a lot of coaches find success after their failed first HC stint.

My point about Herm was that he never WAS, nor has he ever been a DC.

Just like Reid has never been an OC - he went directly from coaching Oline in GB to Philly HC.

JUST.
LIKE.
YOUR.
BUDDY.
HERM.

WhiteWhale
11-13-2019, 02:24 PM

Just like Reid has never been an OC - he went directly from coaching Oline in GB to Philly HC.

JUST.
LIKE.
YOUR.
BUDDY.
HERM.

John Harbaugh went from ST coach (on Andy's staff) to superbowl winning head coach.

What is your fucking point besides just frantically bitching?

Dartgod
11-13-2019, 02:47 PM
I can remember back in the late 80's - early 90's. people said Tom Osborne would never win a National Championship because of the style of offense he ran. Then he went out and won 3 of them.

So yes, Andy can and will win a Super Bowl (maybe more!)

Reerun_KC
11-13-2019, 03:26 PM
The fact that you two yokels can’t tell the difference between Reid, who is a competent coach, to that ****ing fraud Squirmin Herman Mother****ing Sack of **** Edwards is criminally retarded.

Best part about Reid he is honest and fixes his mistakes. That was one of Philadelphia’s fans biggest praise about the guy is that he fixed his mistakes.

Herm plays to win the game.

Big difference.

rabblerouser
11-13-2019, 03:33 PM
it’s not an Andy Reid thing as much as it’s a Veach thing, IMO.

Veach is Reid's yes-man.

Reid chased off Dorsey and Ballard to promote Veach. Veach answers to Reid. Reid is the default GM; Veach is the assistant with the GM title.

Dartgod
11-13-2019, 03:39 PM
Veach is Reid's yes-man.

Reid chased off Dorsey and Ballard to promote Veach. Veach answers to Reid. Reid is the default GM; Veach is the assistant with the GM title.

Whoa! Was this documented somewhere? I must have missed that article.

rabblerouser
11-13-2019, 03:45 PM
Best part about Reid he is honest and fixes his mistakes. That was one of Philadelphia’s fans biggest praise about the guy is that he fixed his mistakes.

Big difference.

ROFL
LMAO

Awesome.

loochy
11-13-2019, 03:46 PM
On the radio this morning, they talked about an interesting stat:

Only one coach EVER in any of the 4 major sports has won his first championship in his 6th year or later with a particular team.

I live in DFW, so this was directed at Jason Garrett, but it applies just as well to Fat Andy.

comochiefsfan
11-13-2019, 03:47 PM

Big difference.

It’s what makes Andy such a great coach.

We’ll lose a game in inexplicable fashion and everyone will be upset.

But Andy will go up to the podium afterwards and, in his reassuring voice, will say “That’s on me, I gotta do a better job. We’ll fix it.”

Whenever you hear those words, you know that it’s truly sincere. Andy fixes his mistakes 100% of the time. While we may still lose some games in heartbreaking fashion, we can rest assured that we’ll never lose it the same way again.

Because Andy always, always, ALWAYS fixes his mistakes.

Lzen
11-13-2019, 03:49 PM
You know, I used to think it was only a matter of time. Lately, though, I am very skeptical of that ever happening with Andy. :(

loochy
11-13-2019, 03:50 PM
You know, I used to think it was only a matter of time. Lately, though, I am very skeptical of that ever happening with Andy. <a href="https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/smilies/frwn.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Sadness" smilieid="127" class="inlineimg" /><br />
<br />
Well, see my post above. It has only happened once EVER...in baseball, football, basketball, or baseball.

Lzen
11-13-2019, 03:54 PM
<br />
<br />
Well, see my post above. It has only happened once EVER...in baseball, football, basketball, or baseball.

Hmmm, that's interesting. Why do you suppose that is the case?

Buehler445
11-13-2019, 04:06 PM

JUST.
LIKE.
YOUR.
BUDDY.
HERM.

You fucking idiot. My point was Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards wasn’t even a good enough coach to be a DC. The fact that he was or wasn’t has nothing to do with my point. It was just an off the cuff remark that Reid is a successful head coach and Herm is a fucking failure. To say one is like the other is intergalactically stupid.

ALL those words you typed out have nothing to do with the point I made.

All because Ree Run is fucking trolling me saying Reid is as bad as Herm.

Ya fucks.

loochy
11-13-2019, 04:07 PM
Hmmm, that's interesting. Why do you suppose that is the case?

I'd say it's primarily a matter of boredoem / familiarity / laxity....players and coaches getting comfortable in their surroundings and letting the little things go, or maybe it's the message getting tuned out after consistent lack of results.

Or it could be the opposition figuring out how a coach behaves with that particular set of players.

Buehler445
11-13-2019, 04:12 PM
On the radio this morning, they talked about an interesting stat:

Only one coach EVER in any of the 4 major sports has won his first championship in his 6th year or later with a particular team.

I live in DFW, so this was directed at Jason Garrett, but it applies just as well to Fat Andy.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Buehler445
11-13-2019, 04:13 PM
I'd say it's primarily a matter of boredoem / familiarity / laxity....players and coaches getting comfortable in their surroundings and letting the little things go, or maybe it's the message getting tuned out after consistent lack of results.

Or it could be the opposition figuring out how a coach behaves with that particular set of players.

Fair part of it is that teams fire coaches often.

scho63
11-13-2019, 04:17 PM
Nobody could win a Superbowl with this defense, not even Billichek.

loochy
11-13-2019, 04:23 PM
Fair part of it is that teams fire coaches often.

Younger coaches also tend to win the Time of Possession battle

Flying High D
11-13-2019, 04:31 PM
Andy don’t need no SB, have you seen what his qb can do? Is that not enough? Dudes a skipping fool. Just a total lack of appreciation for some damn fine skipping and I ain’t having it and/or buying it no more. Appreciate don’t hate.

BossChief
11-13-2019, 04:31 PM
No shit.

Holy shit.

Worst post in CP history contender, right here.

ModSocks
11-13-2019, 04:36 PM
Chiefs need a win. This place goes full fucking retard after an L.

Been kinda unbearable this week with the amount of shitty posts.

BossChief
11-13-2019, 04:37 PM
Jesus. You guys are acting like it’s all on Andy Reid.

Andy didn’t snap the ball at the wrong time.
Andy didn’t drop 3 passes for first downs at crucial spots.
Andy didn’t make Pennell inactive
Andy didn’t keep our other good run defenders on the bench against a run first team.
Andy didn’t line up with 10 guys on defense

That’s what the defense gave up in our losses.

By all rights, this team should be 9-1 with Andy’s offense scoring like it has.

Spag should be getting nuked.

Marcellus
11-13-2019, 04:49 PM
Chiefs need a win. This place goes full ****ing retard after an L.

I saw where even after the loss Sunday the Chiefs have the 3rd best DVOA in the NFL. In other words by that metric they are the 3rd best team and have played the 4th toughest schedule.

Considering all the injuries and the fact they tend to beat themselves more than the other team does, that's pretty amazing.

Here it is.

Top 5 Teams Adjusted Upward

You'll notice these adjustments are smaller than the top downward adjustments.

1) Cincinnati, from -49.0% (31) to -42.1% (31). Hardest schedule of the year so far.

2) Green Bay, from 9.2% (10) to 15.9% (8). No. 2 ranked schedule so far.

3) Oakland, from -1.1% (18) to 5.4% (12). No. 3 ranked schedule so far.

4) Kansas City, from 22.3% (5) to 28.4% (3). No. 4 ranked schedule so far.

Chiefs4TheWin
11-13-2019, 05:03 PM
Noop. By the time we fix one thing, another will suck. We can't draft good D, and we can't overpay the FAs enough to give a shit.

Bump
11-13-2019, 05:07 PM
With Mahomes, it's possible, but we'll need some luck on our side. It's possible even for this season, but we'll need a lot of luck and the refs not to fuck us over.

RunKC
11-13-2019, 05:20 PM
Chiefs need a win. This place goes full ****ing retard after an L.

We’re losing the same way we have for the least 3 years. Seriously dude some of us are sick of hearing about instilling toughness and and making strides just to see this defense be the worst in the league at stopping the run and getting run over.

It’s old watching this team look helpless out there while the RB is running for 160+ yards and we go home again.

Let’s not act like that isn’t gonna happen again in January. I mean maybe that will change but at this point I doubt it.

NWTF
11-13-2019, 06:56 PM
Hes got a true franchise QB which supposedly gives you the path of least resistance. As opposed to doing it the hard way with a game manager, very good to great defense, good rushing attack and oline, and near the top in turnover ratio.

So he should be in that group that has a fighting chance every year when eventually ITS YOUR YEAR. Minimal injuries, schedule, home field advantage, key injuries to playoff rivals, etc. It should happen.

His biggest weakness is in game coaching, clock management particularly in the 2nd half of games. He doesnt screw up a lot but when he does thats usually when it happens. Hes capable of losing 2nd half leads that far inferior coaches wouldn't. Blowing 28 point leads in the 2nd half is extremely hard to do, but he did it. He owns some ridiculous playoff loses. Games he had no business losing. He gets too caught up in his play sheet at times and loses sight of the big picture. Wanting to get in that one play that they wont expect coming. The saying He likes to show hes the smartest guy in the room applies to Andy Reid.

He can do it, but when that moment comes again hes got to get out of his own way.

Megatron96
11-13-2019, 08:20 PM
It's only a matter of time. This year may not happen, but that's a lot about all the injuries.

Next year or the year after that at the latest, assuming that probability doesn't hand us the short end of the stick on the injury front.

We'd be 7-3 or 8-2 right now if injuries hadn't hamstrung us all year.

LongSufferingToady
11-13-2019, 08:27 PM
No. Sadly.

ThyKingdomCome15
11-13-2019, 08:35 PM
I think yes but I voted no. Just let Pat take over late in games. Andy can't manage a clock.

LongSufferingToady
11-13-2019, 08:36 PM
Planning plays and the game plan is Andy's strength.
Going off-script is something Andy can't do.
It's not hard, but his ability to improvise is limited by his belief in his game plan.
That's why we lose when it's obvious the game plan is no longer working and we need to improvise. He just can't.

notorious
11-13-2019, 08:42 PM

Andy didn’t keep our other good run defenders on the bench against a run first team.

D
I
S
C
I
P
L
I
N
E

notorious
11-13-2019, 08:45 PM
The lack of discipline trickles down to players and coaches alike.

Andy doesn't demand perfection and discipline from his team. It's obvious.

In stark contrast look at the best franchise in NFL history. If you don't do your job, you are gone the next day no matter how talented you are.

oldman
11-13-2019, 11:03 PM
Yes.

lcarus
11-13-2019, 11:10 PM
Chiefs need a win. This place goes full fucking retard after an L.

This year has been a roller coaster of emotions that's for certain.

The team just needs to cut down on the penalties and turnovers. The things they can control. Honestly without those, this team is sitting at 9-1 or maybe 10-0 right now.

teedubya
11-13-2019, 11:39 PM
No, probably not. However, Andy is fun coach and Mahomes will be entertaining to watch.

We will probably see a return to the 90s where we'd go to the playoffs every year and then lose in heartbreaking fashion.

So what's new? LOL . At least we have a first round MVP quarterback.

Mahomes and the Chiefs may win a Superbowl in spite of Andy's play calling. What's Andy Reid WAR? (baseball reference)

JakeF
11-14-2019, 01:40 AM

Why didn't Andy Reid notice that there were only 10 players lined up on Defense?

Those things happen because the team isn't disciplined. The team isn't disciplined because of its Head Coach. Maybe our defense would be better if our Head Coach knew it existed.

Veach was hired by Andy Reid as an intern in Philly 20 years ago. Can anyone honestly tell me that Andy didn't have something to do with Veach replacing Dorsey?

Andy hired Spags and Veach assembled this defense, Reid ignores the defense. How can anyone say that the Defense doesn't have anything to do with Reid?

People keep trying to pretend like Andy Reid isn't responsible for the entire team.

People keep saying that Andy Reid is a great coach. How can he be a great coach when 2/3rds of the team sucks? Andy Reid is a great QB coach. Andy Reid is a great offensive teacher. When it comes to calling the game Andy Reid isn't great, even with the offense. He doesn't seem to know that the Defense and Specials Teams even exist during the game.

Andy has been an HC for 25 yrs and hasn't won a Super Bowl. Mahomes is the 1st elite QB Andy has every developed. This is the best offense Andy has ever had. What about Andy screams great?

Andy is great at handling QBs
Andy is great at creating offensive plays
This is where Andy's greatness ends

Andy Reid should be an Offensive Coordinator.

Flying High D
11-14-2019, 09:24 AM
Andy is great at demolishing buffets.

Marcellus
11-14-2019, 09:26 AM
With Mahomes, it's possible, but we'll need some luck on our side. It's possible even for this season, but we'll need a lot of luck and the refs not to **** us over.

That's true of every team every year except the ****ing Patriots.

11-14-2019, 09:51 AM
No.

What do I win?

Flying High D
11-14-2019, 09:55 AM
I bet he could win a Weiner eating contest. Maybe that is why people are voting yes on him winning a championship.

Shields68
11-14-2019, 10:02 AM
Why didn't Andy Reid notice that there were only 10 players lined up on Defense?

Those things happen because the team isn't disciplined. The team isn't disciplined because of its Head Coach. Maybe our defense would be better if our Head Coach knew it existed.

Veach was hired by Andy Reid as an intern in Philly 20 years ago. Can anyone honestly tell me that Andy didn't have something to do with Veach replacing Dorsey?

Andy hired Spags and Veach assembled this defense, Reid ignores the defense. How can anyone say that the Defense doesn't have anything to do with Reid?

People keep trying to pretend like Andy Reid isn't responsible for the entire team.

People keep saying that Andy Reid is a great coach. How can he be a great coach when 2/3rds of the team sucks? Andy Reid is a great QB coach. Andy Reid is a great offensive teacher. When it comes to calling the game Andy Reid isn't great, even with the offense. He doesn't seem to know that the Defense and Specials Teams even exist during the game.

Andy has been an HC for 25 yrs and hasn't won a Super Bowl. Mahomes is the 1st elite QB Andy has every developed. This is the best offense Andy has ever had. What about Andy screams great?

Andy is great at handling QBs
Andy is great at creating offensive plays
This is where Andy's greatness ends

Andy Reid should be an Offensive Coordinator.

First, I doubt anyone is giving Andy a break on not being responsible for the whole team.

One of the problems with the team is that it is impossible to turn the whole defense over in a years time. You can't put the defense on Spags yet. Further I think the Chiefs team and front office are too willing to trade high picks for vets that are being paid a ton of money. Clark should not have been given a 1st. The one thing NE seems very good at is continually moving back and stock piling picks and then if a guy is available have a number of 2nd/3rd rounders to offer or build depth with.

Gravedigger
11-14-2019, 10:16 AM
I'm in the camp of "I'll believe it when I see it."

KChiefs1
01-19-2020, 06:09 PM
Nah.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/3o6gEbkoTAsbQkd5As/giphy.gif

Chiefs4TheWin
01-19-2020, 06:16 PM
Noop. By the time we fix one thing, another will suck. We can't draft good D, and we can't overpay the FAs enough to give a shit.

Well we're one game away. I might just eat those words. I'll gladly be wrong!

teedubya
01-19-2020, 10:07 PM
The 49ers haven’t won a Superbowl since the 1994 season. 25 years. The 75th season of NFL.

Chiefs haven’t won a Superbowl since 1969 season. 50 years. The 50th season of nfl.

They meet in SB 54 in the 100th season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Megatron96
01-19-2020, 10:47 PM
I'm just calling it again. We are winning the Super Bowl this year, bitches. Write it the fuck down.

Pitt Gorilla
01-19-2020, 11:13 PM
The lack of discipline trickles down to players and coaches alike.

Andy doesn't demand perfection and discipline from his team. It's obvious.

In stark contrast look at the best franchise in NFL history. If you don't do your job, you are gone the next day no matter how talented you are.

What in the actual ****?

digger
01-20-2020, 04:24 PM
The 49ers haven’t won a Superbowl since the 1994 season. 25 years. The 75th season of NFL.

Chiefs haven’t won a Superbowl since 1969 season. 50 years. The 50th season of nfl.

They meet in SB 54 in the 100th season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They play the game on Sunday the 2 of February, 2020. or 02-02-2020 backwards 0202-20-20...

We were the #2 seed coming out of the AFC...

digger
01-20-2020, 04:26 PM
020202020: a palindrome date with a bite. The perfect date to turn things around and steer our planet away from the point of no return. The power is there, we just need to seize it. No man is an island and everything is connected.

digger
01-21-2020, 07:17 AM
https://scontent.fmkc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/82821926_2868465586530300_4179385306543292416_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_eui2=AeH5cXX3YJZVhUxixuhBtJclLmQzVGTVaJJUEWN7bU5pDPk86j-6G7ErWbxOTpspfsdEfFyvs_RFN0rkiEbtSVByDZtjszyX1aA5wutJljQNJw&_nc_ohc=GI_t7UJ_eCAAX-jkJ_n&_nc_ht=scontent.fmkc1-1.fna&oh=7dc345c9d12ea1fb3c81c52f7c3d9e6f&oe=5E9DCE22

Otter
01-21-2020, 07:22 AM
Opening lines for the Super Bowl was a "Pick-Em" which quickly went to Chiefs (-1). So early money and early favourites are on the Chiefs. This money is typically from professional gamblers putting large amounts of cash down.</br></br>In other words: this is a good omen for the Chiefs.

Marcellus
01-21-2020, 08:12 AM
LMAO there are some real gems in this thread.

Rasputin
01-21-2020, 08:15 AM
I'm going say no because when you have an 8 point lead and don't force the other team to burn timeouts and you let them beat you by an intern coach that's bad situational football on coaching.

I'm disappointed in myself but I was probably just pissed off at bad coaching in a game we should have won.

Lzen
01-21-2020, 08:16 AM
I guess I forgot that I voted no in this poll. That seems dumb now.:facepalm:
Here's to hoping I end up eating crow on that. :BLVD:

wachashi
01-21-2020, 08:16 AM
yes

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
01-21-2020, 10:11 AM
Still can't believe he didn't call a timeout before the fake punt. Was he already studying his play sheet or something?

One of the greatest ever, but fuck did that suck.

redfan
01-21-2020, 10:19 AM
I'd love to have Andy prove me wrong.

wachashi
01-21-2020, 10:27 AM
Andy's got that swagger. He's winning the super bowl.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UOyuRKXynzE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mama Hip Rockets
01-21-2020, 06:00 PM
Can't even beat the Titans "because Mahomes".

Uhhhh...

Mama Hip Rockets
01-21-2020, 06:01 PM
I voted yes, but they're not gonna get anywhere close to one this year. The team is too flawed.

:hmmm:

Megatron96
01-21-2020, 06:22 PM

That didn't age well at all . . .

Naptown Chief
01-21-2020, 06:42 PM
They play the game on Sunday the 2 of February, 2020. or 02-02-2020 backwards 0202-20-20...

We were the #2 seed coming out of the AFC...

And 0 is the precise number of Superbowl rings Jimmy G and Dee Ford will have combined.

Skyy God
01-21-2020, 07:50 PM
Nah.

The usual idiots.

warpaint*
01-21-2020, 07:57 PM
42% is a lot considering he’s got Mahomes.
I would have voted no if Alex Smith or the next retread were starting in his place.
If it isn’t this year it’ll be soon enough.
Mahomes is too good, they can find more lb’s/linemen/etc if it isn’t this year. Reid has flaws but the man can run an offense.
That said I think it’s this year.

RealSNR
01-21-2020, 08:02 PM
DERP ANDY TEAMS DERP NOT PHYSICAL DERP NOT FOCUS DERP UNDISCIPLINED DERP

Dipshits can keep their Mike Vrabel dickfaces who will never win anything as coaches because they're nothing more than uncreative drill sergeants who happen to be workaholics and gluttons for punishment.

Give me the master teacher, mentor, and creative genius at head coach. You take your tough half-retarded knuckle dragger with the good clock management. We'll see which one wins a Super Bowl first.

gblowfish
01-21-2020, 08:03 PM
As Bugs Bunny once said: "mmmmmmmmmmm....COULD BE!!"