PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Kurt Warner says Patrick Mahomes might be most complete QB we've ever seen

T-post Tom
11-13-2019, 03:07 PM
HIGH PRAISE from a Hall of Famer.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">What <a href="https://twitter.com/PatrickMahomes?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@PatrickMahomes</a> does mentally, sneaky physically, creating throws, understanding spacing &amp; w/ his ridiculous arm talent is so phenomenal I might argue hes most complete QB we’ve ever seen... I know it’s early, I know weve had some amazing QBs &amp; I don’t say this flippantly!</p>&mdash; Kurt Warner (@kurt13warner) <a href="https://twitter.com/kurt13warner/status/1194355426105548800?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 12, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

TLO
11-13-2019, 03:08 PM
YIP

comochiefsfan
11-13-2019, 03:09 PM
He’s correct.

Unfortunately even that isn’t enough to overcome his incomplete defense and head coach.

Tribal Warfare
11-13-2019, 03:09 PM
Warner must've had a change of heart

chiefforlife
11-13-2019, 03:11 PM
Ive been saying this way longer than Kurt Warner. Glad to see he recognizes it. LOL

Coochie liquor
11-13-2019, 03:19 PM
He’s correct.

Unfortunately even that isn’t enough to overcome his incomplete defense and head coach.

What qb is able to?

Kiimo
11-13-2019, 03:21 PM
What qb is able to?

According to national media, Russell Wilson.

He has IT.

Mahomes doesn't.

Even though both games came down to kickers. :hmmm:

comochiefsfan
11-13-2019, 03:26 PM

He has IT.

Mahomes doesn't.

Pat just doesn’t motivate his defense and special teams as much as guys like Wilson and Brady.

Coochie liquor
11-13-2019, 03:29 PM
Pat just doesn’t motivate his defense and special teams as much as guys like Wilson and Brady.

Brady’s defense has bailed HIM out on many occasions. How many SB’s has Wilson been to since his defense fell off? None of those guys have won without a defense.

PattyFlakes
11-13-2019, 03:34 PM

It's not his job to motivate his defense, the defense should have enough pride and desire to go out there and make plays regardless of whether their QB pumps them up or not.

Mama Hip Rockets
11-13-2019, 03:38 PM
Duh.

comochiefsfan
11-13-2019, 03:41 PM
It's not his job to motivate his defense, the defense should have enough pride and desire to go out there and make plays regardless of whether their QB pumps them up or not.

I was hoping I wouldn’t have to explain that was sarcasm....

SupDock
11-13-2019, 03:45 PM

We could also talk about how much more Pat needs to motivate the coaches and ownership. H

ChiefBlueCFC
11-13-2019, 03:47 PM

He has IT.

Mahomes doesn't.

https://media.giphy.com/media/l0HlLdIDDXjdM8w8M/giphy.gif

KChiefs1
11-13-2019, 03:52 PM
HIGH PRAISE from a Hall of Famer.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">What <a href="https://twitter.com/PatrickMahomes?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@PatrickMahomes</a> does mentally, sneaky physically, creating throws, understanding spacing & w/ his ridiculous arm talent is so phenomenal I might argue hes most complete QB we’ve ever seen... I know it’s early, I know weve had some amazing QBs & I don’t say this flippantly!</p>— Kurt Warner (@kurt13warner) <a href="https://twitter.com/kurt13warner/status/1194355426105548800?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 12, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191113/5236ccb7d61687820a10708cca7615eb.jpg

T-post Tom
11-13-2019, 03:54 PM

He has IT.

Mahomes doesn't. Even though both games came down to kickers. :hmmm:
WARNING: NSFW LANGUAGE
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/irpniHv1V_k" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RealSNR
11-13-2019, 04:18 PM
It's Pat's job to motivate the defense?

Is it also his job to wipe their butts after they shit their pants every game?

ModSocks
11-13-2019, 04:19 PM
Yeah but....can he play LB?

loochy
11-13-2019, 04:21 PM
It's Pat's job to motivate the defense?

Is it also his job to wipe their butts after they shit their pants every game?

Well Matt Moore sure did motivate the hell out of his team, didn't he?

Flying High D
11-13-2019, 04:26 PM
A skip off between Russel, Pat and Tom would rock.

Imon Yourside
11-13-2019, 04:53 PM
This is new information, good to have you on board Warner!

Marcellus
11-13-2019, 04:53 PM

He has IT.

Mahomes doesn't.

You forgot the part where Russel got bailed out by his defense multiple times.

Kiimo
11-13-2019, 04:57 PM
Yeah but....can he play LB?

Why isn't Mahomes holding the ball for our kickers?

*butker kicks his hand into a radial fracture*

CP: Fire Andy!!!!

Imon Yourside
11-13-2019, 04:59 PM
You forgot the part where Russel got bailed out by his defense multiple times.

If the Chiefs had ANY of the Seahawks Defenses the last many years We have a championship last year and one this year.

MahiMike
11-13-2019, 05:02 PM
Here come all the "ya but..."'s.

Kiimo
11-13-2019, 05:03 PM
The Seahawks drafted the same kind of defense the Chiefs did it's just that theirs worked and ours didn't for a bunch of reasons.

E.G. Eric Berry vs Earl Thomas

Kam Chancellor vs Kendrick Lewis

etc

PAChiefsGuy
11-13-2019, 05:13 PM
He's got to work on his deep ball. He overthrows WRs too often to be called most complete QB but he can definitely be the GOAT if he can fix that, stay healthy and win some SBs.

limested
11-13-2019, 05:35 PM
He's got to work on his deep ball. He overthrows WRs too often to be called most complete QB but he can definitely be the GOAT if he can fix that, stay healthy and win some SBs.

Your and idiot.

PAChiefsGuy
11-13-2019, 05:39 PM
Your and idiot.

My bad. He is already the GOAT.

xztop123
11-13-2019, 05:44 PM
Maybe but the dude from college with the long hair might be better

Tribal Warfare
11-13-2019, 05:54 PM
Maybe but the dude from college with the long hair might be better

When plays with kn himself as pocket passer with solid mechanics, he's great but when he attempts to improvise on the run like PMII or Rodgers his game starts to shit

Deberg_1990
11-13-2019, 05:56 PM
Lamar Jackson is catching up.

PattyFlakes
11-13-2019, 06:04 PM
Lamar Jackson is catching up.

Lamar isn't even in the same stratosphere as Mahomes when it comes to throwing the ball.

Deberg_1990
11-13-2019, 06:08 PM
Lamar isn't even in the same stratosphere as Mahomes when it comes to throwing the ball.

He’s not as bad as you think throwing the ball. And he doesn’t have the WR skill set Mahomes has.

PattyFlakes
11-13-2019, 06:12 PM
He’s not as bad as you think throwing the ball. And he doesn’t have the WR skill set Mahomes has.

I don't think he's bad throwing the ball, he's just not anywhere close to the level Mahomes is when it comes to passing. He doesn't have anywhere close to the strength or accuracy, nor does he have the ability to throw well from multiple platforms or arm angles. The ability of the receivers doesn't have anything to do with it. Lamar is a good player and is killing it in the system he's in, but the arm talent between the two is not even close.

DRM08
11-13-2019, 06:38 PM

Lamar has padded his stats against the 2 worst teams in the league.

Megatron96
11-13-2019, 07:06 PM
I don't think he's bad throwing the ball, he's just not anywhere close to the level Mahomes is when it comes to passing. He doesn't have anywhere close to the strength or accuracy, nor does he have the ability to throw well from multiple platforms or arm angles. The ability of the receivers doesn't have anything to do with it. Lamar is a good player and is killing it in the system he's in, but the arm talent between the two is not even close.

It's not just arm strength/talent either.

Mahomes greatest skills lie in being able to throw on time, manipulate defensive players so that he can throw guys open, place the ball perfectly at extreme distances into the hands of receivers while they are running full speed, etc. Lamar isn't anywhere close to that right now. And he may never get there. It's a Montana-like talent.

But Lamar is getting better as a passer. His accuracy has improved on longer throws. And that can be seen both statistically and in the eye test. I don't know if he'll ever be 'elite' as a passer, but he could end up being better than Kirk Cousins or Dak, etc. But most of that will be dependent on how far he progresses between his ears, not in his physical ability to throw the ball.

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-13-2019, 07:13 PM

Mahomes greatest skills lie in being able to throw on time, manipulate defensive players so that he can throw guys open, place the ball perfectly at extreme distances into the hands of receivers while they are running full speed, etc. Lamar isn't anywhere close to that right now. And he may never get there. It's a Montana-like talent.

But Lamar is getting better as a passer. His accuracy has improved on longer throws. And that can be seen both statistically and in the eye test. I don't know if he'll ever be 'elite' as a passer, but he could end up being better than Kirk Cousins or Dak, etc. But most of that will be dependent on how far he progresses between his ears, not in his physical ability to throw the ball.

Won't matter . Lamar will eventually get injured just like RGIII

PattyFlakes
11-13-2019, 07:32 PM

Couldn't agree more with that second paragraph. But I don't think Lamar will ever be as great in the passing game as Mahomes is. That's not a knock on the guy either, that's just how insanely good Patrick is.

Chiefshrink
11-13-2019, 07:32 PM
Warner must've had a change of heart

Exactly !!:thumb:

Chiefshrink
11-13-2019, 07:36 PM
Lamar is just a taller version of Vick who does not possess Vick's arm. Vick had a pretty good cannon and was fairly accurate IIRC. Now with that said, can his arm get better? Maybe but I seriously doubt it.

cdcox
11-14-2019, 12:08 AM

Jackson isn't garbage as a passer.

But he isn't even in the same orbit as Mahomes. Mahomes is the most consistent QB I have ever seen in converting hopelessness to a first down. He also consistently makes eye popping plays with his arm/body control like no other QB in NFL history. Jackson has a decent arm and a great set of wheels, but I will be shocked if he is mentioned in the top 20 QBs of all time when he is done. Without a career ending injury I expect PM will be in the top 5. Longevity and championships are the major roadblocks to GOAT.

JakeF
11-14-2019, 12:59 AM
Lamar Jackson has a better defense and offensive line. The offense is geared to help Jackson and his very specialized skill sets.

I argue the Baltimore helps Jackson more than Chiefs help Mahomes despite the better weapons in KC. Mahomes would shred with Baltimore's running game and offensive line and a defense giving him a short field.

Andy Reid throws the entire team on Mahomes' back and tells him to 'go win'.

Shitty Defense
Weak offensive line
mistake-prone Special teams
mediocre running game
suspect coaching staff

That's very difficult for a young QB.

St. Patty's Fire
11-14-2019, 03:55 AM
Lamar is just a taller version of Vick who does not possess Vick's arm. Vick had a pretty good cannon and was fairly accurate IIRC. Now with that said, can his arm get better? Maybe but I seriously doubt it.

Jackson has an absolute rocket for an arm but is average at best in terms of accuracy. His problem is over throws, but he can make big boy throws that you need a strong arm to consistently make (outs/comebacks). Oh, and he’s an elite, elite athlete who terrorizes defenses by keeping them guessing. His arm is good enough to have a Vick like prime, and he probably won’t get locked up

RealSNR
11-14-2019, 07:05 AM
Lamar Jackson has a better defense and offensive line. The offense is geared to help Jackson and his very specialized skill sets.

I argue the Baltimore helps Jackson more than Chiefs help Mahomes despite the better weapons in KC. Mahomes would shred with Baltimore's running game and offensive line and a defense giving him a short field.

Shitty Defense
Weak offensive line
mediocre running game
suspect coaching staff

Of course, some of the offensive line issues can always be chalked up to the Chiefs missing oh I don't know... something like three goddamn fucking starters up front... or something like that?

Flying High D
11-14-2019, 07:18 AM
Of course, some of the offensive line issues can always be chalked up to the Chiefs missing oh I don't know... something like three goddamn fucking starters up front... or something like that?

Listen here bucko, if you want to get into the specifics you need to step out of this forum. That dog don’t hunt around here.

UK_Chief
11-14-2019, 11:41 AM
I would agree except he doesn’t really set up the punter too well. Colquit’s foot is all dusty and shit

JakeF
11-14-2019, 11:48 AM
No doubt. The current situation is what it is though. Hopefully, our Oline gets healthy and things improve.

ThyKingdomCome15
11-14-2019, 06:27 PM

Not a pride thing. It's a talent thing.

OnTheWarpath15
11-14-2019, 06:32 PM
https://media3.giphy.com/media/WpgM6JBrmBy8Gac5pW/giphy.gif?cid=790b7611b19c5b97b28db2eea2582e3efe74af5a0c0e9f7f&rid=giphy.gif

Pasta Little Brioni
11-14-2019, 06:34 PM
You guys realize Seattle's defense us worse than KC, right??? I keep seeing people referencing how great their defense is and it sucks monkey nuts

DRM08
11-14-2019, 07:55 PM

Shitty Defense
Weak offensive line
mediocre running game
suspect coaching staff

Throw the ball 50 times per game. Lot of pressure on the QB in that scenario. Have to execute and can't rely on play action to get easy completions. Ravens are good at hiding Lamar's weaknesses. They have built the offense in a perfect way to show his strengths as well.

Marcellus
11-14-2019, 08:19 PM
You guys realize Seattle's defense us worse than KC, right??? I keep seeing people referencing how great their defense is and it sucks monkey nuts

I don't think so. I mean its not good, but aint nobody running for 180 on them every week.