PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Representatives from 24 teams expected to appear at Colin Kaepernick’s workout in Atl

Pages : [1] 2

Msmith
11-16-2019, 11:26 AM
What will your reaction be if the Chiefs sign him?

Link:https://www.yahoo.com/gma/representatives-24-teams-expected-appear-111844990.html

bdj23
11-16-2019, 11:29 AM
I wish someone would sign him and he would wash out, just so I can stop hearing about his dumb ass.

TrebMaxx
11-16-2019, 11:36 AM
I wish someone would sign him and he would wash out, just so I can stop hearing about his dumb ass.
I concur!

kysirsoze
11-16-2019, 11:38 AM
I'd be pretty confused if we signed him. Bears should go for it, though.

rabblerouser
11-16-2019, 11:43 AM

Who'd be dumb enough to waste a spot on him?

Indy? Denver?

BossChief
11-16-2019, 11:49 AM
He’s basically a novelty if he still has speed. Someone could bring him in to run some RPO packages to keep defenses on their heels, but he’s not a good pocket passer. Trouble is, that’s where his value is and the distractions the whole team would have just wouldn’t be worth the signing.

The only places he makes sense are

NE for RPO packages
Baltimore as a backup they would be able to keep running their current offense with when/if Wiz kid breaks
Denver tried trading for him a couple years ago and have nothing at QB

Not sure I really see other fits

Rain Man
11-16-2019, 11:52 AM
I'd be pretty confused if we signed him. Bears should go for it, though.

That sound you hear is the hearts of Bears fans breaking.

Frazod
11-16-2019, 11:55 AM
What the idiot who wrote this story said:

"The former quarterback's career ended soon after he started taking a knee during the national anthem."

What really happened:

"The former quarterback's career ended soon after he sucked so bad he was benched in favor of Blaine Gabbert."

chiefzilla1501
11-16-2019, 12:08 PM
It's possible kaep may be doing this for publicity and demanding outrageous starter money. But if he's legit trying to land a roster spot, you can't look at teams with guys like Brian hoyer in indy and say with a straight face he wouldn't be a valuable backup somewhere.

BlackHelicopters
11-16-2019, 12:09 PM
And 24 teams will be disappointed.

Rasputin
11-16-2019, 12:23 PM
Chiefs are not interested why can't people just not post stupid fucking threads that won't have any fuitrition to them?

Rasputin
11-16-2019, 12:25 PM

Indy? Denver?

Don't underestimate John Elway dumb enough.

bdj23
11-16-2019, 12:32 PM

Indy? Denver?

Horseface should take one for the team. He can blame it on the scotch.

rabblerouser
11-16-2019, 01:00 PM
Don't underestimate John Elway dumb enough.

Horseface should take one for the team. He can blame it on the scotch.

This would be awesome.

Go ahead and give him starter money, John.

Bowser
11-16-2019, 01:01 PM

"The former quarterback's career ended soon after he started taking a knee during the national anthem."

What really happened:

"The former quarterback's career ended soon after he sucked so bad he was benched in favor of Blaine Gabbert."

And don't forget that he opted out of his contract, as well

KCJake
11-16-2019, 01:18 PM
Not one team has shown any interest in this guy since ....when? Now all the sudden 24 teams are showing up to a workout all set up by the NFL.....something's fishy.

Bowser
11-16-2019, 01:20 PM
Not one team has shown any interest in this guy since ....when? Now all the sudden 24 teams are showing up to a workout all set up by the NFL.....something's fishy.

We'll be able to name 24 teams that don't want to endure the SJW wrath when this is all said and done, basically.

TEX
11-16-2019, 01:38 PM
And don't forget that he opted out of his contract, as well

People forget that fact because it rarely gets mentioned. Wonder why?

Hammock Parties
11-16-2019, 01:39 PM
attention whore

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Source says Colin Kaepernick’s workout is being relocated after he requested that media and cameras into the venue for transparency. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NFL?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#NFL</a> refused to allow it, so it will be moved to another site in Atlanta this afternoon. It will be open to the media and NFL reps as agreed upon.</p>&mdash; Charles Robinson (@CharlesRobinson) <a href="https://twitter.com/CharlesRobinson/status/1195787031714119685?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 16, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

FAX
11-16-2019, 01:43 PM
One would think that CBA negotiations are pending.

FAX

Rain Man
11-16-2019, 01:55 PM
This would be awesome.

Go ahead and give him starter money, John.

I anticipate the day that Elway finally has 100 percent dead money on the salary cap with it all going to tall former quarterbacks.

Hammock Parties
11-16-2019, 01:57 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EJgLIg0XkAAg6UK?format=jpg&name=medium

ghak99
11-16-2019, 02:04 PM
attention whore

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Source says Colin Kaepernick’s workout is being relocated after he requested that media and cameras into the venue for transparency. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NFL?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#NFL</a> refused to allow it, so it will be moved to another site in Atlanta this afternoon. It will be open to the media and NFL reps as agreed upon.</p>&mdash; Charles Robinson (@CharlesRobinson) <a href="https://twitter.com/CharlesRobinson/status/1195787031714119685?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 16, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sounds like the clown show is turning into a media circus.

I hope the scouts/reps that were only going in order to appease the NFL, and the snowflakes, refuse to show up to the second location.

-King-
11-16-2019, 02:43 PM

What really happened:

And was the team better or worse for that decision? And did Gabbert perform better or worse than him after replacing him?

-King-
11-16-2019, 02:46 PM
Sounds like the clown show is turning into a media circus.

I hope the scouts/reps that were only going in order to appease the NFL, and the snowflakes, refuse to show up to the second location.

Sounds like a logical thing for kaep to ask for. This way everyone can see if he had a good workout or if he sucked. It will stop false narratives from both sides.

Bowser
11-16-2019, 02:47 PM
And was the team better or worse for that decision? And did Gabbert perform better or worse than him after replacing him?

Sounds like you already know. By all means, share.

Baby Lee
11-16-2019, 02:49 PM
Next week, group sit-ups in Terrell Owens' driveway!!

-King-
11-16-2019, 02:56 PM
Sounds like you already know. By all means, share.

Gabbert was way worse and the team got worse.

In 11 starts Kaepernick had 2200 yards passing with 14 touchdowns and 6 picks on 59% completion. In his 5 starts Gabbert had 925 yards 5 touchdowns and 6 INTs on 56%. And that doesn't include kaepernicks 500 yards rushing and 2 touchdowns that season.

Whole Kaepernick wasn't that great by any stretch, the problem with the 49ers that year was that they allowed 30+ points in all but 3 of his starts.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
11-16-2019, 02:59 PM
Hue Jackson is not going to the new location. He is headed to the airport

Chiefshrink
11-16-2019, 03:03 PM
Yep ! You have SJW lawyers representing the NFLPA specifically the head man DeMaurice Smith(former Obama guy) stirring the pot on this forcing the NFL's hand to give CK a workout demanding the media be allowed access to show off CK's athleticism(How can he not be signed, look at this kid). So when every team 'still' rejects signing CK, the virtue signal will go out from Smith and his crew to all NFL players who believe in this ginned up ethnic bigotry from the NFL to raise holy hell and stall the negotiations to the point of striking until CK is signed. Also potential lawsuits await every single NFL team that does not participate in this CK tryout.

Then the game of chicken begins again. Who will cave first. And we all know $$ talks. How long will the players go without collecting game checks compared to the NFL losing millions more because of the weakening of the brand turning off a manure load more of former NFL fans(that started with the Anthem kneel) ?

Sign CK or else !!

Get your :popcorn:

Chief Northman
11-16-2019, 03:03 PM
Hue Jackson is not going to the new location. He is headed to the airport

I presume he was fired.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
11-16-2019, 03:05 PM
I presume he was fired.

Nope he just didn’t want to deal with this circus

Skyy God
11-16-2019, 03:06 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EJgLIg0XkAAg6UK?format=jpg&name=medium

Attention-whoring snowflake.

eDave
11-16-2019, 03:07 PM
I don't understand any of this.

Skyy God
11-16-2019, 03:08 PM
I don't understand any of this.

It’s an NFL PR stunt.

They sprang it on Kaep Tuesday and gave him 2 hours to respond.

eDave
11-16-2019, 03:10 PM
It’s an NFL PR stunt.

No one was even talking about this crap anymore. Weird move by the NFL.

Chiefshrink
11-16-2019, 03:16 PM
Sounds like a logical thing for kaep to ask for. This way everyone can see if he had a good workout or if he sucked. It will stop false narratives from both sides.

Dude, CK's game never got beyond "the hot read". DC's figured him out pretty quickly that he could not read defenses and make adjustments accordingly let alone audible to the correct play. He never could throw a WR open. Guys like CK are numerous in the NFL that initially get all the hype because of their athletic play but once they have been seen then they must take their game to the next level and many of them have not. Vince Young, Jamarcus Russell, RGII, etc.....And Vick will tell you he didn't become a true NFL QB until he was under Reid. I will definitely say Cam Newton as well. Newton is using an injury to smokescreen the fact that he has lost his confidence and has lost his passion for the game because DCs have caught up to his athletic ability and the same will happen for L Jackson in due time because this is a passing game now. Hence, why we are soooooooooo fortunate that Mahomes craves being a student of the game and that Reid can show him how to stay ahead of the DCs figuring him out ("if there is such a thing";))

CK chose not to be a student of the game and he paid the price in more ways than one in this situation.;)

Miles
11-16-2019, 03:25 PM

Sounds like they were trying to get him to sign a liability waiver to participate which included a waiver of any future employment claims.

Chiefshrink
11-16-2019, 03:25 PM
It’s an NFL PR stunt.

Wrong.:rolleyes:

Demaurice Smith and his SJW lawyers have been stirring the "bigotry pot" threatening the NFL for quite some time now about giving CK a tryout or else(a la NFL strike and no CBA contract) CK is in shape and can workout on a dime if need be.

Read my post #30.

chiefzilla1501
11-16-2019, 03:26 PM

In 11 starts Kaepernick had 2200 yards passing with 14 touchdowns and 6 picks on 59% completion. In his 5 starts Gabbert had 925 yards 5 touchdowns and 6 INTs on 56%. And that doesn't include kaepernicks 500 yards rushing and 2 touchdowns that season.

Whole Kaepernick wasn't that great by any stretch, the problem with the 49ers that year was that they allowed 30+ points in all but 3 of his starts.

Anyone suggesting Kaepernick isn't good enough to be a backup is delusional. Indy is an obvious example. And they may miss the playoffs for it. That being said, this all assumes he was actually blackballed vs having unreasonable contract or starting demands, which is entirely possible too.

Chiefshrink
11-16-2019, 03:31 PM
Anyone suggesting Kaepernick isn't good enough to be a backup is delusional. Indy is an obvious example. And they may miss the playoffs for it. That being said, this all assumes he was actually blackballed vs having unreasonable contract or starting demands, which is entirely possible too.

Actions have consequences.

FloridaMan88
11-16-2019, 03:34 PM
How many other former players who have been out of the NFL for 3+ years are getting private workouts organized by the league?

Is the NFL doing this for Vince Young, Matt Flynn, etc.?

Bowser
11-16-2019, 03:43 PM

Maybe he was benched for being an uber cunt and locker rom cancer? Would explain why he opted out of his contract at the end of the season.

UChieffyBugger
11-16-2019, 03:48 PM
I've seen folks suggest that Zona may be the team most keen as Kap may be a good mentor for someone like Kylar Murray. Hope the guy throws that thing all over the facility and shows why it's been an absolute farce that he's not played for three years. I mean Nathan freaking Peterman is still in the league for feck sake. Also guys like Chase Daniels, who have done nothing in their career, are STILL making a living in this league too. The guy stood up for justice and I admire that about him. Time to get back in the game now.

-King-
11-16-2019, 03:48 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MFjqDc_hwho" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Live stream in case any of Kaepernicks many fans here are interested in watching his workout

-King-
11-16-2019, 03:49 PM
Maybe he was benched for being an uber cunt and locker rom cancer? Would explain why he opted out of his contract at the end of the season.

He opted out because John Lynch told him he was going to be cut. He was hoping to get ahead on free agency.

UChieffyBugger
11-16-2019, 03:51 PM
Maybe he was benched for being an uber **** and locker rom cancer? Would explain why he opted out of his contract at the end of the season.

"Locker room cancer"? You think a locker room dominated by African Americans hated Kap for what he stood for? Didn't he have several team mates join the protest?

Bowser
11-16-2019, 03:51 PM
He opted out because John Lynch told him he was going to be cut. He was hoping to get ahead on free agency.

He shouldn't have done that.

Bowser
11-16-2019, 03:53 PM
"Locker room cancer"? You think a locker room dominated by African Americans hated Kap for what he stood for? Didn't he have several team mates join the protest?

Look up the definition of "maybe".

Nobody knows why it went down like it did at the end of his playing career. We can certainly speculate, and we could be correct, but only Kap and the Niners can answer that definitively.

Hammock Parties
11-16-2019, 03:53 PM
This dude wearing a kunta kinte shirt?

fuck him

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EJhpbqZXYAAoSy7?format=jpg&name=medium

Baby Lee
11-16-2019, 03:54 PM

No one is arguing that Kaep doesn't have the physical skill to perform as a backup QB, but backup QB is a unicorn position in sports that's just as much about the mentality as it is the physicality.

Starters can be flamboyant and idiosyncratic because they have the skills to pay the bills. Backups are extensions of the HC. They are there to mentor and collaborate with the starter, and to provide stability for the team when they go through the trauma of the starter going down.

Give me the list of backup QBs who made waves. I'm not talking about making waves by outperforming or outshining the starter when pressed into service. I'm talking about a backup who was a distraction to the squad and a flashpoint with the fanbase while doing nothing on the field.

Hammock Parties
11-16-2019, 03:55 PM
Colin is full of shit.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EJho0ngXYAUgGOr?format=jpg&name=large

-King-
11-16-2019, 03:55 PM
He shouldn't have done that.

Why not? Literally cost him nothing.

eDave
11-16-2019, 03:56 PM

fuck him

OH for God's sake. This shit is bizarre.

chiefzilla1501
Actions have consequences.

In a league with a ton of reinstated criminals that's a load of horseshit.

Bowser
JFC LMAO

Great look when trying to great your break back into the league, Kap. Go play for the XFL when it fires back up.

UChieffyBugger
11-16-2019, 03:57 PM

Nobody knows why it went down like it did at the end of his playing career. We can certainly speculate, and we could be correct, but only Kap and the Niners can answer that definitively.

Well I put the question mark as I was speculating about why you would speculate that he was a locker room cancer when it seems very unlikely when one considers the make-up of said locker room...no problem sir :thumb:

-King-
11-16-2019, 03:59 PM

His teammates voted to give him the teams most prestigious award given to the player that's most inspirational and with the best play so....

UChieffyBugger
11-16-2019, 04:01 PM

**** him

LOL and WHO would have guessed that folks would get triggered? ROFL

It's the name of a frikking CHARACTER IN A FILM for God sake!!...lighten up he's just trolling folks.

TribalElder
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MFjqDc_hwho" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Live stream in case any of Kaepernicks many fans here are interested in watching his workout

He's browsing facebook on his phone via live stream

eDave
From Reddit/r/nfl so take it for what it's worth:

I know someone that works for the NFL office in NYC. The person works in finance and isn’t related to this Kaep thing but he told me the gossip - so take this with a grain of salt:

This isn’t just a PR move. This is part of the settlement between Kaep and the league, and a goodwill gesture to the NFLPA. As part of the settlement, the NFL agreed to help Kaep find a spot on a team. After the settlement, the NFL called/reached out to every team (I think it was either Troy Vincent or his staff) to gauge interest in Kaep and let teams know that he was 100% cleared to play. All the teams passed at the time.

Kaeps team has been pestering the NFL that just reaching out wasn’t enough. The NFLs position is that ‘the nfl’ doesn’t have the power to simply get Kaep a job - that’s just not how it works. Kaep has also been getting the NFLPA to agitate on his behalf too.

The reason this came to a head is that in mid-Oct, the NFL submitted the first draft of the new CBA to the NFLPA. This whole special tryout came up for two reasons: 1) the NFL and the NFLPA both want to put the Kaep thing to bed, and 2) this was kind of a gesture of goodwill by the NFL to help the negotiations between the two parties. The first back and forth between the NFL and the NFLPA started poorly, so the idea was that this could be sort of a detente.

The idea that a few teams were interested but concerned about the blowback is silly - first, any team can call him any time of day, and second if you think that a tryout will generate blowback with your fan base, just wait until you sign him.

And FWIW, the consensus within the NFL is that it’s unlikely he’d get signed for several reasons.

Chiefshrink
I've seen folks suggest that Zona may be the team most keen as Kap may be a good mentor for someone like Kylar Murray.

Yeah, maybe Murray can become a locker room cancer and SJW correct ? We know CK won't teach him the game because CK hasn't learned the QB position himself.

The guy stood up for justice and I admire that about him.

No, CK made his own bed politically with the NFL and the NFL fanbase while lining his back pocket only to go potentially come back for even more $$ and making an ass out of himself even more.

Bowser
11-16-2019, 04:02 PM
Why not? Literally cost him nothing.

Yeah, only an NFL career. But, there are no shortage of SJW companies out there willing to throw money at him for endorsements. Better way to make a living than having 240 pound linebackers running 4.5's smash into him, obviously.

KCUnited
11-16-2019, 04:03 PM
Dudes starting to look like the mom on Black-ish with a beard.

Baby Lee
11-16-2019, 04:04 PM

It's the name of a frikking CHARACTER IN A FILM for God sake!!...lighten up he's just trolling folks.

Schizophrenic. . . so we're supposed to be alarmingly concerned that he doesn't have an NFL position, but not concerned at all that he treats the opportunity as a troll job?

Tell all us MOAR how to feel about everything!! We love it. . . .

TribalElder
11-16-2019, 04:04 PM
This is strange as fuck

he is playing catch with guys standing in place

nothing about this is NFL it's like backyard football

Bowser
11-16-2019, 04:06 PM

Absolutely. Pretty cool for him to wear the name of a slave (fictional or no) to an NFL tryout. Especially considering his past. Triggered. Trolling. Sensible laugh. You nailed it.

eDave
11-16-2019, 04:06 PM

This isn't how I would go about a job interview.

Baby Lee
11-16-2019, 04:07 PM
Dudes starting to look like the mom on Black-ish with a beard.

I think there's some twigs and bark in that bird's nest.

Chiefshrink
In a league with a ton of reinstated criminals that's a load of horseshit.

Reinstated criminals who don't go after the NFL for $$millions and are successful doing it and then attempt to keep going back for more $$ are always welcome back.:p

Big difference hoss !!

Baby Lee

That's your eDave privilege talking.

UChieffyBugger
11-16-2019, 04:10 PM
Yeah, only an NFL career. But, there are no shortage of SJW companies out there willing to throw money at him for endorsements. Better way to make a living than having 240 pound linebackers running 4.5's smash into him, obviously.

I find it interesting that the latest trendy word amongst some folks is "SJW".. as if the meaning/intentions behind the word "justice" is somehow "dirty" and not good. It's crazy to me but I guess folks who may live on the privileged side of the tracks can afford to spout that term so loosely.

Chiefshrink
11-16-2019, 04:10 PM

Which is a huge tell that he knows he is not getting signed just another form of "kneeling/flipping the bird" to the NFL.;)

chiefzilla1501
11-16-2019, 04:11 PM
Reinstated criminals who don't go after the NFL for $$millions and are successful doing it and then attempt to keep going back for more $$ are always welcome back.:p

Big difference hoss !!

Right, because that's why he was blackballed for years before the lawsuit. Because of the lawsuit that didn't yet exist.

UChieffyBugger
11-16-2019, 04:12 PM
Absolutely. Pretty cool for him to wear the name of a slave (fictional or no) to an NFL tryout. Especially considering his past. Triggered. Trolling. Sensible laugh. You nailed it.

Why would the name of a fictional slave be offensive to folks? Please enlighten me.

Baby Lee
11-16-2019, 04:13 PM
I find it interesting that the latest trendy word amongst some folks is "SJW".. as if the meaning/intentions behind the word "justice" is somehow "dirty" and not good. It's crazy to me but I guess folks who may live on the privileged side of the tracks can afford to spout that term so loosely.

do you actually want the matter explained? Or do you just want to wallow in your ill-informed assessment?

[hint/sneak preview, it's not about hating 'justice'].

Hammock Parties
11-16-2019, 04:14 PM
Why would the name of a fictional slave be offensive to folks? Please enlighten me.

he's trying to connect his "plight" to that of an oppressed slave

it's nonsense

eDave
11-16-2019, 04:14 PM

STFU you stupid contrarian idiot. You politic this shit up and I'll cut you.

Bowser
11-16-2019, 04:15 PM
I find it interesting that the latest trendy word amongst some folks is "SJW".. as if the meaning/intentions behind the word "justice" is somehow "dirty" and not good. It's crazy to me but I guess folks who may live on the privileged side of the tracks can afford to spout that term so loosely.The word "justice" doesn't need a qualifier in front of it. Doing that just lessens the word itself. This isn't hard to understand.

I don't think I or anyone could.

UChieffyBugger
11-16-2019, 04:16 PM
Yeah, maybe Murray can become a locker room cancer and SJW correct ? We know CK won't teach him the game because CK hasn't learned the QB position himself.

No, CK made his own bed politically with the NFL and the NFL fanbase while lining his back pocket only to go potentially come back for even more $$ and making an ass out of himself even more.

Well if Kap never learned how to be a QB, what does that say about the majority of the passers in the league today that HAVE NOT been to the SB? :LOL:

Baby Lee
11-16-2019, 04:16 PM

Was it about the time cartoon frogs became Nazis?

UChieffyBugger
11-16-2019, 04:18 PM
The word "justice" doesn't need a qualifier in front of it. Doing that just lessens the word itself. This isn't hard to understand.

I don't think I or anyone could.

Why do folks use that term "SJW" then as if folks fighting for justice are bad? I'm not judging you personally, I just want to know why folks use that term in a derogatory way so often?

Baby Lee
11-16-2019, 04:21 PM
Well if Kap never learned how to be a QB, what does that say about the majority of the passers in the league today that HAVE NOT been to the SB? :LOL:

You're asking this question HERE?!?!?!

Chiefsplanet, where we have the best QB the league has ever seen, and we're in constant turmoil over the distinct possibility that the rest of the team keeps him from the big game?

No offense dude, but you're either trolling, or seeking to demonstrate a stunningly comprehensive lack of awareness about the world.

UChieffyBugger
11-16-2019, 04:21 PM

it's nonsense

Ooooor maybe he just loves the movie? :D

Hammock Parties
11-16-2019, 04:22 PM

you can't be this naive

Baby Lee
11-16-2019, 04:23 PM
Why do folks use that term "SJW" then as if folks fighting for justice are bad? I'm not judging you personally, I just want to know why folks use that term in a derogatory way so often?

OK, you're trolling. . . . bored now.

UChieffyBugger
You're asking this question HERE?!?!?!

Chiefsplanet, where we have the best QB the league has ever seen, and we're in constant turmoil over the distinct possibility that the rest of the team keeps him from the big game?

No offense dude, but you're either trolling, or seeking to demonstrate a stunningly comprehensive lack of awareness about the world.

LOL speaking of Pat...Smith mentored BOTH Kap and Pat and yet folks are saying Kap ain't a QB!!!..it's just silly :evil: .

Chiefshrink

You need to get truly educated here.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/v69JWNJ1i2s" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bowser
11-16-2019, 04:24 PM
LOL speaking of Pat...Smith mentored BOTH Kap and Pat and yet folks are saying Kap ain't a QB!!!..it's just silly :evil: .

So.....do you enjoy having conversations with Ubeja Vontell?

eDave
11-16-2019, 04:25 PM

https://media.tenor.co/images/9394ddc9e6ae2b74e2e03b661d653610/tenor.gif

UChieffyBugger
11-16-2019, 04:26 PM
OK, you're trolling. . . . bored now.

Look, Kap is Kap. Some folks love and admire him for standing up for justice, others resent that. Folks were the same about Ali not going to war back in the day...it is what it is. I like the guy and hope he gets a job...full stop.

UChieffyBugger
11-16-2019, 04:30 PM

LOL i'm just kidding around Bowser!!..folks get way too emotional over this issue :evil: .

Hammock Parties
11-16-2019, 04:32 PM
So apparently he is underthrowing and overthrowing everyone?

Baby Lee
11-16-2019, 04:32 PM
Look, Kap is Kap. Some folks love and admire him for standing up for justice, others resent that. Folks were the same about Ali not going to war back in the day...it is what it is. I like the guy and hope he gets a job...full stop.

I neither applaud him or resent him. He's boring, not that bright, and less effective and vindicated than Ali.

Ali actually put his positions into words and accepted the consequences. Kaep mumbles some generic hit and makes some provocative but ambiguous gestures, and people fill in the blanks with their own shit.

I said at the outset that, if he's gonna take a stand, he actually has to stand for something. He took his stand, but never put it in motion, except through the blank-filling of others through social media. As for his fortunes, I'm apathetic. I'm not gonna alter my entertainment consumption based on anything he does, and I'm not going to shed a tear if he does nothing.

-King-
11-16-2019, 04:36 PM

What part about John Lynch said he was going to be cut later in the off-season anyway didn't you understand?

-King-
11-16-2019, 04:39 PM
This workout looks good so far
Mahomes-esque.

jdubya
11-16-2019, 04:39 PM
I neither applaud him or resent him. He's boring, not that bright, and less effective and vindicated than Ali.

Ali actually put his positions into words and accepted the consequences. Kaep mumbles some generic hit and makes some provocative but ambiguous gestures, and people fill in the blanks with their own shit.

I said at the outset that, if he's gonna take a stand, he actually has to stand for something. He took his stand, but never put it in motion, except through the blank-filling of others through social media. As for his fortunes, I'm apathetic. I'm not gonna alter my entertainment consumption based on anything he does, and I'm not going to shed a tear if he does nothing.

-King-
11-16-2019, 04:43 PM
https://i.imgur.com/MfuyjW2.gif

Look at that All American spiral.

Hammock Parties
11-16-2019, 04:43 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Anyone whos gunna say &quot;Kaepernick looked great&quot; is simply pandering. Made some really nice throws, but alot of underthrows and misses. <br><br>Stream had about 10 we couldn&#39;t see so could help or hurt him. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Kaepernick?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Kaepernick</a></p>&mdash; Kyle Bagrie (@KBagrie) <a href="https://twitter.com/KBagrie/status/1195834319329222656?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 16, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

-King-
11-16-2019, 04:44 PM

How didn't Kaepernick accept his consequences? And what consequences were those?

eDave
11-16-2019, 04:45 PM
https://i.imgur.com/MfuyjW2.gif

Look at that All American spiral.

BFD. Backyard pitch and catch.

-King-
11-16-2019, 04:45 PM
Yeah. That's what a QB workout looks like. Good job Einstein.

jdubya
11-16-2019, 04:48 PM
Squidward made more underthrows than throws in stride. He is still underwhelming

Easy 6
11-16-2019, 04:49 PM

LMAO he doesn’t even belong in the same sentence as Ali

IowaHawkeyeChief
11-16-2019, 04:49 PM
I would be pissed to bring a distraction into this organization when we need everone focused for the late season run.

IowaHawkeyeChief
11-16-2019, 04:51 PM

This, I don't think Ali would have worn socks with pigs dressed in military attire... Kaepernick is a punk, Ali wasn't.

rabblerouser
11-16-2019, 04:53 PM

**** him

I calls him Toby.

-King-
11-16-2019, 04:54 PM
Amazing workout. I think he can start for at least 20 teams. If Mahomes wasn't on a rookie deal, I'd consider switching to him.

UChieffyBugger

Folks hated Ali before they "loved" Ali...do the research buddy :thumb:

In58men

Matt Cassel or Chad Kelly can’t make this throw.

Hammock Parties
11-16-2019, 04:56 PM
what a clown

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kaepernick thanks scouts from Washington, New York Jets and Kansas City and says: “When you go back, tell your owners to stop being scared.” <a href="https://t.co/UMLSrIcn09">pic.twitter.com/UMLSrIcn09</a></p>&mdash; Jourdan Rodrigue (@JourdanRodrigue) <a href="https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1195835809502547969?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 16, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Chief Northman
11-16-2019, 04:57 PM
Amazing workout. I think he can start for at least 20 teams. If Mahomes wasn't on a rookie deal, I'd consider switching to him.

STFU

Easy 6
11-16-2019, 04:57 PM
This workout looks good so far
Mahomes-esque.

:LOL:

Easy 6
11-16-2019, 04:58 PM

Already have, buddy

Chiefshrink
11-16-2019, 04:59 PM

You mean like Cam Newton who just quit because the game is not fun anymore because now he has to become a student of the game if he wants to go back to the SB?:LOL:

Young talented baseball throwers on the mound(notice I use the term "thrower" instead of term "pitcher" because that is what they are at this point) often times will have immediate success in the ML because the rest of the league has not competed against this "thrower" enough times to figure him out. However, over time IF the "thrower" refuses to learn how to "pitch"(staying ahead of the hitters) then the "thrower" starts to get "lit up"(hit) more and more because the "hitter" has figured him out due to the fact the "thrower" has not evolved into a "pitcher".

This same type of occurrence happens often in the NFL with athletes who have great athletic physical skills who play the QB position. They come onto the NFL scene never to be scouted or defended at the NFL level with their unique physical athleticism initially confusing DCs. IF this great athlete with physical QB skills does not become a student of the game he will get exposed in due time by lack of good decision making in his physical play or lack thereof regardless of whether they have been to a SB or not. Cam was just fortunate enough to be that talented physically on top of having a great defense and a very easy schedule his first few years not being seen enough to carry him to a SB. It wasn't until that SB Cam got exposed BIG TIME !! Cam had never faced a defense like Wade Phillips defense and Wade knew it because he realized Cam couldn't read a defense. Cam has never been the same since that SB. Cam has been "Deer in the headlights" since that game. This is what happens when you only depend on physical talent because physical talent alone will only take you so far.

A physically talented athlete who plays the QB position is FAR different than an athlete who has evolved into an actual QB.

UChieffyBugger
11-16-2019, 05:00 PM
what a clown

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kaepernick thanks scouts from Washington, New York Jets and Kansas City and says: “When you go back, tell your owners to stop being scared.” <a href="https://t.co/UMLSrIcn09">pic.twitter.com/UMLSrIcn09</a></p>&mdash; Jourdan Rodrigue (@JourdanRodrigue) <a href="https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1195835809502547969?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 16, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

TELL EM KAP!!! :clap:

DRM08
11-16-2019, 05:02 PM

He can’t read a defense. This was proven over time in San Francisco. He was benched for Blaine Gabbert.

Hammock Parties
11-16-2019, 05:03 PM
Yes, the owners shouldn't be scared of a backup QB who causes massive distractions in the locker room and in the press.

Not at all.

KChiefs1
I calls him Toby.

Where’s Chicken George?

Chiefshrink

Big difference. Ali was a 4 time HW champ.

CK a one time SB loser who quit because the NFL game demanded he become a student of the game if he wanted to be that SB champion. He decided it was just too hard for him. So he pouted and then started pointing the finger.:rolleyes:

IowaHawkeyeChief
11-16-2019, 05:07 PM
TELL EM KAP!!! :clap:

Kaps an idiot... If we bring that distraction here right now we are done...

FAX
11-16-2019, 05:08 PM
Comparing Kapperdink with Ali is ... absurd.

FAX

jdubya
what a clown

Owners are not scared, they want to make money. Kap left the game as a servicable backup QB at best. If he was a capable starter, NFL teams would have grabbed in instantly whether he sat, stood or scratched his balls during the Anthem. Owners are about winning and making money. Throwing the ball downfield 80 yards in shorts doesnt equate to being a good QB. I live here in the SF Bay Area and watched this guy speak in interviews all the time and he is dumber than a box of donuts. As someone else mentioned earlier in this thread, I dont even think Kap knows what he is "protesting"......hes being a stooge for someone else who is pulling his strings

rabblerouser

If it were up to your dumb ass, you'd have Kaep throwing picks and Marcus Peters blowing coverages together and we'd lose every single game by 20 or more points.

Because your and idiot.

Chiefshrink

You just lost your "Chiefs card" with that statement.:rolleyes:

rabblerouser
11-16-2019, 05:09 PM
Owners are not scared, they want to make money. Kap left the game as a servicable backup QB at best. If he was a capable starter, NFL teams would have grabbed in instantly whether he sat, stood or scratched his balls during the Anthem. Owners are about winning and making money. Throwing the ball downfield 80 yards in shorts doesnt equate to being a good QB. I live here in the SF Bay Area and watched this guy speak in interviews all the time and he is dumber than a box of donuts. As someone else mentioned earlier in this thread, I dont even think Kap knows what he is "protesting"......hes being a stooge for someone else who is pulling his strings
You know it.

IowaHawkeyeChief
11-16-2019, 05:10 PM
If it were up to your dumb ass, you'd have Kaep throwing picks and Marcus Peters blowing coverages together and we'd lose every single game by 20 or more points.

Because your and idiot.

end of thread :clap::clap:

Chiefshrink
11-16-2019, 05:10 PM
I dont even think Kap knows what he is "protesting"......hes being a stooge for someone else who is pulling his strings

BINGO !!!!!

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Mama Hip Rockets
11-16-2019, 05:20 PM

it's nonsense

Why would you come to that conclusion? Maybe he just likes Roots? I own a shirt with a Harriet Tubman quote on it. I am in no way insinuating that I have experienced any plight that comes close to comparing with hers. I just think she was awesome.

TwistedChief
11-16-2019, 05:21 PM
I actually supported the guy a lot more than 99% of the people on here (and do the same with Black Lives Matter, etc), but wearing that shirt to what's essentially a job interview speaks volumes. Really not a good look if he's trying to solely isolate the fact that he's a legit football player as it brings up so many other non-football issues given his history (see: Castro, Fidel).

Putting aside his talent, his judgment is grossly flawed. This was his opportunity to focus on football exclusively, and he failed miserably. My support for him just vanished.

Hammock Parties
11-16-2019, 05:25 PM
I actually supported the guy a lot more than 99% of the people on here (and do the same with Black Lives Matter, etc), but wearing that shirt to what's essentially a job interview speaks volumes. Really not a good look if he's trying to solely isolate the fact that he's a legit football player as it brings up so many other non-football issues given his history (see: Castro, Fidel).

Putting aside his talent, his judgment is grossly flawed. This was his opportunity to focus on football exclusively, and he failed miserably. My support for him just vanished.

He doesn't want to play football.

He wants to grow his brand.

Hammock Parties
11-16-2019, 05:26 PM
Why would you come to that conclusion? Maybe he just likes Roots?

Yes, I'm sure it's just coincidence that he wore that shirt on this day.

:rolleyes:

Easy 6
11-16-2019, 05:27 PM

Thank God for moderates like yourself :thumb:

NWTF

Yup.

KC Dan

100% this

FAX
11-16-2019, 05:28 PM
Was he wearing a chain?

FAX

Mama Hip Rockets
11-16-2019, 05:30 PM
I actually supported the guy a lot more than 99% of the people on here (and do the same with Black Lives Matter, etc), but wearing that shirt to what's essentially a job interview speaks volumes.

LOL. His "job interview" is on a football field. You want him to wear a suit and tie?

TrebMaxx
11-16-2019, 05:34 PM

Just a big publicity stunt. Now go away.

srvy
11-16-2019, 05:38 PM

Troll harder

TEX
11-16-2019, 05:41 PM

Congrats! You beat Deberg to the punch. :rolleyes:

bdj23
11-16-2019, 05:50 PM
I would totally swap UChieffybugger for Ubeja Vontell.

Hands down the worst poster on this site

IowaHawkeyeChief
11-16-2019, 05:51 PM
LOL. His "job interview" is on a football field. You want him to wear a suit and tie?

Don't be obtuse...

If it was for a position for a corporation that required a suit and tie, wearing I tie that said "ban Corporate welfare" for the interview would be fucking stupid.

Get it...

Baby Lee
11-16-2019, 05:54 PM

Because your and idiot.

But imagine all the justice the Chiefs could accomplish!!

candyman
11-16-2019, 05:57 PM
Why would you come to that conclusion? Maybe he just likes Roots? I own a shirt with a Harriet Tubman quote on it. I am in no way insinuating that I have experienced any plight that comes close to comparing with hers. I just think she was awesome.

:spock:

Dumbass

-King-
11-16-2019, 06:04 PM
He can’t read a defense. This was proven over time in San Francisco. He was benched for Blaine Gabbert.

Yeah he had 14 touchdowns and 6 INTs and 2200 yards that year and Gabbert came in and had 900 yards with 5 TDs and 6 INTs. That sure was a great decision by Chip Kelly. That's why he's such a great NFL coach.

rabblerouser
11-16-2019, 06:05 PM

Do it, Bowser.

-King-
11-16-2019, 06:06 PM

Because your and idiot.

Probably.

rabblerouser
11-16-2019, 06:06 PM
Yeah he had 14 touchdowns and 6 INTs and 2200 yards that year and Gabbert came in and had 900 yards with 5 TDs and 6 INTs. That sure was a great decision by Chip Kelly. That's why he's such a great NFL coach.

Well, Chip Kelly got fired and can't find a job in the NFL now.

Does that mean the NFL is racist against fat old balding white men?

Or does it mean he just sucks, just like Kaep?

rabblerouser
11-16-2019, 06:07 PM
Probably.

Absolutely.

-King-
11-16-2019, 06:09 PM
Well, Chip Kelly got fired and can't find a job in the NFL now.

Does that mean the NFL is racist against fat old balding white men?

Or does it mean he just sucks, just like Kaep?

Racist against fat old balding white men. Definitely.

NWTF
11-16-2019, 06:13 PM

This is either a great troll post

or one of the worst takes ever if serious.

Red Dawg
11-16-2019, 06:14 PM
He will get a chance at a starting gig. We know for certain it won't be here. We are set at QB1.

rabblerouser
11-16-2019, 06:19 PM
This is either a great troll post

or one of the worst takes ever if serious.

Well, King is one of the absolute worst posters this side of Ubeja or Black Bob...

-King-
11-16-2019, 06:20 PM
He will get a chance at a starting gig. We know for certain it won't be here. We are set at QB1.

Don't think he can pick up a playbook quick enough to be a good started but if he had an off-season, he'd be an upgrade for a team like the Bears. But I bet they go after Cam Newton this off season.

If I were a team drafting a QB, I'd see if Colin can come start for a season while the rookie sits and learns.

TwistedChief
11-16-2019, 06:22 PM

I didn’t down vote you on this because it’s a reasonable question. But this entire moment is designed to showcase his talents. That shirt reinvigorates the anti-BLM movement around his comeback, and that’s entirely clear from the reaction it’s received on this board from people I wholeheartedly disagree with.

-King-
11-16-2019, 07:07 PM
Don't think he can pick up a playbook quick enough to be a good started but if he had an off-season, he'd be an upgrade for a team like the Bears. But I bet they go after Cam Newton this off season.

If I were a team drafting a QB, I'd see if Colin can come start for a season while the rookie sits and learns.

With this said I don't think either side wants him to be on a team playing. I don't he wants to play and risk being terrible and the owners being able to say "See, that's why he wasn't signed." And I don't think the owners want him signed period.

Valiant
11-16-2019, 07:15 PM

He had Denver and Baltimore try to sign him before as a backup. He said no.

Reerun_KC
11-16-2019, 07:42 PM

He’s a POS just like his supporting liberal democratic friends.

Fuck that loser.

Tribal Warfare
11-16-2019, 07:45 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tG8nGEfIs-c" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://blacksportsonline.com/2019/11/exclusive-video-of-colin-kaepernick-telling-nfl-scouts-after-his-workout-to-tell-their-owners-to-get-their-mind-right-stop-being-scared/

ThyKingdomCome15
11-16-2019, 08:06 PM
He's a clown. He even has clown hair.

J Diddy
11-16-2019, 08:36 PM

**** that loser.

I thought there was a forum for you to discuss your flawed political ideology. This ain’t it.

stevieray
11-16-2019, 08:40 PM
So boring.

Coogs
11-16-2019, 08:42 PM

Kaepernick threw for 200 yards a game. Gabbert 185.
Kaepernick averaged 1.3 TD's a game. Gabbert 1.0.
Kaepernick 59%. Gabbert 56%.

Outside of the INT's, really doesn't look that much different. :shrug:

Msmith
11-16-2019, 09:11 PM
"Colin Kaepernick’s saga took another surreal turn Saturday — a last-minute audible to nix an NFL-arranged workout and a quick dash 60 miles to the other side of metro Atlanta, where the exiled quarterback staged his own impromptu passing display on a high school field in dwindling light as hundreds of fans cheered him on from behind a chain-link fence.

Kaepernick threw passes for about 40 minutes at Charles Drew High School and spent nearly that long signing autographs for a crowd that steadily grew as word spread that a quarterback who led the San Francisco 49ers to the Super Bowl appearance and sparked a wave of protests and divisive debate by kneeling during the national anthem was in the neighborhood.

Kaepernick declared again that he’s ready to play in the NFL.

If anyone will just give him a chance.

“I’ve been ready for three years,” he said. “I’ve been denied for three years. We all know why. I came out here today and showed it in front of everybody. We have nothing to hide. We’re waiting for the 32 owners, the 32 teams, (Commissioner) Roger Goodell, all of them to stop running, stop running from the truth, stop running from the people.”

In a move no one saw coming, the league that Kaepernick claims blackballed him called Tuesday with a take-it-or-leave-it offer to hold an extraordinary workout at the Atlanta Falcons’ training complex in the sprawling suburbs north of the city.

All 32 teams were invited. Former NFL head coaches Hue Jackson and Joe Philbin were set to run the drills. The league said 25 teams were sending scouts and representatives — many of whom had already arrived at the Falcons’ indoor training facility in Flowery Branch when word came that Kaepernick wasn’t going to take part.

Instead, he would hold a workout open to the media, unlike the session at the Falcons’ facility, at a high school stadium just south of Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.

Sixty miles away..."

Link: https://news.yahoo.com/kaepernicks-reps-call-audible-workout-202802169.html

KCTitus
11-16-2019, 09:29 PM
I read that KC had representatives at this work out. If KC signs him maybe they get some favorable calls from the refs going forward. I say go for it...we'll be the woke-est NFL franchise in the league.

Titty Meat
11-16-2019, 09:38 PM
I supported his stance but everything since has seemed like promoting a brand. This "try out" was done by Jay-Z to bring in more money.

Him changing the location last minute and calling out the owners and commish seems like a guy who doesnt really want to come back.

Dartgod
11-16-2019, 10:08 PM

**** that loser.

Apparently you missed the sticky thread last week telling people to keep politics out of the Lounge.

RealSNR
11-16-2019, 10:21 PM
I would totally swap UChieffybugger for Ubeja Vontell.

Hands down the worst poster on this site

MODS! RELEASE BARABBAS.... I MEAN UBEJA!!!!

RELEASE UBEJA!!! RELEASE UBEJA!!!

TwistedChief
11-16-2019, 10:24 PM

Fuck that loser.

Yeah, I’d rather be that guy who gets drunk after a Chiefs loss and attacks mods on a message board. That guy is really what we should aspire to emulate.

PAChiefsGuy
11-16-2019, 10:25 PM

Yeah but Kaepernick is a distraction w all his political bs. Gabbert isnt.

BryanBusby
11-16-2019, 10:27 PM
Yeah, I’d rather be that guy who gets drunk after a Chiefs loss and attacks mods on a message board. That guy is really what we should aspire to emulate.
lol dang

-King-
11-17-2019, 12:32 AM

Yeah, outside of having the same amount of interceptions in 6 games that Kaepernick had in 11, and being better in every other stat, I guess they're not that different. Good point I guess.

FAX
11-17-2019, 12:34 AM
Yep. Once again ChiefsPlanet has solved the vexing problem the sporting world has wrestled with for years ... Kapperdink is better than Gabbert.

FAX

bdj23
11-17-2019, 12:35 AM

Who amongst us hasn't done that? :thumb:

-King-
11-17-2019, 12:50 AM
I supported his stance but everything since has seemed like promoting a brand. This "try out" was done by Jay-Z to bring in more money.

Him changing the location last minute and calling out the owners and commish seems like a guy who doesnt really want to come back.

I don't blame him for the location change in order to have it filmed for transparency, but yeah that statement is a statement from someone who just wants to push his agenda.

Titty Meat
11-17-2019, 12:55 AM

Shit man let's go out next time you're in town

Titty Meat
11-17-2019, 12:58 AM
I don't blame him for the location change in order to have it filmed for transparency, but yeah that statement is a statement from someone who just wants to push his agenda.

It seems like the workout is split between ideological lines. I dont think it matters whether his crew could film or not I would imagine there would be interest in more progressive cities like NY, LA, or ATL to sign him for the last 5 games as a 3rd stringer and keep him inactive to sell some tickets.

His comments after make that much harder and I dont see this as flipping people against him to his side.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
11-17-2019, 01:05 AM
Kap would be a good backup and Reid would work wonders for Kap. However I don’t think Clark would ever entertain that idea

Chief Northman
11-17-2019, 01:13 AM
Kap would be a good backup and Reid would work wonders for Kap. However I don’t think Clark would ever entertain that idea

As if “Kap” would ever agree to a backup level contract....

He can make more money being woke in commercials.

philfree
11-17-2019, 01:24 AM

I bought a new pair of shoes...they weren't nikes… if the Chiefs sign Kap I'm going to have to turn it off.

DRM08
11-17-2019, 02:21 AM
Yeah, outside of having the same amount of interceptions in 6 games that Kaepernick had in 11, and being better in every other stat, I guess they're not that different. Good point I guess.

From the stats you posted, they BOTH suck. And setting aside Chip Kelly, Kaepernick was a lot less effective the more time went on with Harbaugh in San Fran. NFL defensive coordinators figured out that Kap cannot read a defense and they began shutting him down. Harbaugh did a hell of a job hiding his weakness early on. There is no reason to believe that he has magically learned how to read defenses in the last couple years.

scho63
11-17-2019, 04:18 AM
This whole thing is just one more weird event surrounding Kaepernick. Last minute move from one facility to another.

What a clusterfuck!

Spott
11-17-2019, 05:57 AM
This whole thing is just one more weird event surrounding Kaepernick. Last minute move from one facility to another.

What a clusterfuck!

He’s even changed the way he talks to sound more urban. If you search for some of his older interview on YouTube, you’ll notice a distinct difference in the way he talks now. Dude is just a clown show now.

HonestChieffan
11-17-2019, 07:53 AM
OH for God's sake. This shit is bizarre.

Its symbolic of the NFL and holding him down and his struggle to overcome the plantation owners treatment of him. Fighting to break the chains. Speaking the words of a free man.

Dude is a headcase,

Eleazar
11-17-2019, 07:59 AM
He obviously didn't want to do the workout the NFL had planned, and didn't want to work out at all without the media there. He treated it as a stunt.

Coogs
11-17-2019, 08:00 AM

My sarcasm meter says you are being sarcastic, but they really aren't that different. If Gabbert completes one more pass a game, they probably are damn near one and the same on the first three categories.

Coogs
11-17-2019, 08:02 AM
Yep. Once again ChiefsPlanet has solved the vexing problem the sporting world has wrestled with for years ... Kapperdink is better than Gabbert.

FAX

ROFL

:clap:

WhawhaWhat
11-17-2019, 08:12 AM
He obviously didn't want to do the workout the NFL had planned, and didn't want to work out at all without the media there. He treated it as a stunt.

So did the NFL.

PAChiefsGuy
11-17-2019, 08:22 AM
So did the NFL.

The whole thing is a fucking joke

Dallas Chief
11-17-2019, 08:30 AM
If he wants to play so bad there’s always the XFL. Seems more suited to his talent level and side show act anyway.

Marcellus
11-17-2019, 08:48 AM
The whole thing is a ****ing joke

The idea this is something that needs to happen is the joke. Dude made his bed.

The kneeling isn't what got him banned, the stupid narrative he started pushing, the socks, the t-shirts, and his GF going off on owners on twitter is what nailed his coffin shut.

He could have been diplomatic and professional instead he chose the route of dissent.

And his comments from yesterday probably didn't help him either.

-King-
11-17-2019, 08:52 AM
My sarcasm meter says you are being sarcastic, but they really aren't that different. If Gabbert completes one more pass a game, they probably are damn near one and the same on the first three categories.

If Gabbert plays 11 games he throws 10 touchdowns and 12 INTS. That's a huge difference from 14 touchdowns and 6 INTs. It's not even comparable.

You can have a winning record with what Kaepernick did if you don't allow 30+ points in 80% of games but you can't win if the QB had a negative TD:INT ratio basically no matter what.

Coogs
11-17-2019, 08:57 AM
If Gabbert plays 11 games he throws 10 touchdowns and 12 INTS. That's a huge difference from 14 touchdowns and 6 INTs. It's not even comparable.

11 TD's not 10.

And who is to say that Gabbert couldn't go off for a 2 to 3 TD day, with close to 300 yards in one of those other 6 games. Maybe more than once.

Come on man. Kaep is slightly better than Gabbert on the stats you gave. Slightly.

Gabbert for Christ's sakes!

scho63
11-17-2019, 09:12 AM
Looked like he was surrounded by the Black Panthers guarding him. Quite the militant he is.

-King-
11-17-2019, 09:20 AM
11 TD's not 10.

And who is to say that Gabbert couldn't go off for a 2 to 3 TD day, with close to 300 yards in one of those other 6 games. Maybe more than once.

Come on man. Kaep is slightly better than Gabbert on the stats you gave. Slightly.

Gabbert for Christ's sakes!

And he could also go off for 3 INTS. You keep trying to ignore interceptions for some odd reason. Actually it's not that odd,it's obvious why you're trying to ignore them. Because they totally kill your argument.

A 14:6 TD:INT ratio is A LOT better than a 5:6 TD:INT ratio and it's not even close.

stevieray
11-17-2019, 09:22 AM
...dude thinks he deserves to play in the NFL LMAO

but hey, thanks for throwing the football with no one in your face.

....impressive.

-King-
11-17-2019, 09:25 AM
...dude thinks he deserves to play in the NFL LMAO

but hey, thanks for throwing the football with no one in your face.

....impressive.

What exactly do you think a QB workout/tryout/combine/proday looks like?

vailpass
11-17-2019, 09:27 AM
It is a sign of the times that this waste of skin draws any attention at all.

stevieray
11-17-2019, 09:46 AM
What exactly do you think a QB workout/tryout/combine/proday looks like?

combine...? LMAO

I get your his biggest fanboi., doesn't make him a good QB.

He needs to swallow his pride and MOVE on.

TEX
11-17-2019, 09:51 AM
It is a sign of the times that this waste of skin draws any attention at all.

:clap: So much this.

Skyy God
11-17-2019, 09:52 AM
Looked like he was surrounded by the Black Panthers guarding him. Quite the militant he is.

Causing you to befoul your 42-30s, no doubt.

TEX
11-17-2019, 09:53 AM

The kneeling isn't what got him banned, the stupid narrative he started pushing, the socks, the t-shirts, and his GF going off on owners on twitter is what nailed his coffin shut.

He could have been diplomatic and professional instead he chose the route of dissent.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Nailed it. Lock thread.

-King-
11-17-2019, 10:08 AM
combine...? LMAO

I get your his biggest fanboi., doesn't make him a good QB.

He needs to swallow his pride and MOVE on.

Yes this was exactly what every QB workout looks like. It's how every tryout workout looks like, how every proday looks like and how every combine workout looks like.

And how am I his biggest fanboy when in this very thread I said he used his statement at the end to push his agenda and that I don't think he really wants to get back in the league?

RunKC
11-17-2019, 10:16 AM
His act is old and tired. John Elway tried to get this clown in 2016 but Kaepernick rejected it due to money.

This lie that “the league didn’t want me” is bullshit. He’s just a pompous bullshit fake martyr wanting to build his brand.

You were benched for Blaine ****ing Gabbert. You could have easily accepted the Broncos deal, played well and earned a higher contract.

But nah. This fake bullshit narrative was more important to him.

stevieray
11-17-2019, 10:22 AM
Yes this was exactly what every QB workout looks like. It's how every tryout workout looks like, how every proday looks like and how every combine workout looks like.

And how am I his biggest fanboy

ya, 10 games into the season LMAO

I wonder if Matt Moore had to try out....

You show up EVERY time he's mentioned.

YontsRBake
11-17-2019, 10:23 AM
Adding Kap as our 3rd QB to run some wildcat packages and sub in on QB sneaks doesn’t seem like the worst idea?

Skyy God
11-17-2019, 10:26 AM
His act is old and tired. John Elway tried to get this clown in 2016 but Kaepernick rejected it due to money.

This lie that “the league didn’t want me” is bullshit. He’s just a pompous bullshit fake martyr wanting to build his brand.

You were benched for Blaine ****ing Gabbert. You could have easily accepted the Broncos deal, played well and earned a higher contract.

The Broncos offered a 2 year deal to replace his rookie deal.

As we should all know at this point, anything in the back half of an NFL deal is more of a suggestion than a contract.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/broncos-wont-sign-colin-kaepernick-contract-john-elway-2018-8

-King-
11-17-2019, 10:27 AM
ya, 10 games into the season LMAO

I wonder if Matt Moore had to try out....

You show up EVERY time he's mentioned.

How would you know I show up every time he's mentioned if you didn't show up either?

And yes Matt Moore had to try out.

Skyy God
11-17-2019, 10:28 AM
Adding Kap as our 3rd QB to run some wildcat packages and sub in on QB sneaks doesn’t seem like the worst idea?

Yeah, but then the Dress Up Elviii and Scho’s of this fan base would shit kittens.

BryanBusby
11-17-2019, 10:30 AM
If he didn't thin out and looked like earlier era Kap, I think he would be a great addition for running short yardage situations. Current era Kap? Probably not.

Although I don't know why the Bears aren't saying fuck it, why not? Mitch looks like total shit, so they'd have nothing to lose there.

oldman
11-17-2019, 10:32 AM

I'll pretty much agree with all you said. He never was banned, maybe he was black balled, but the NFL can never admit that. The facts are he was injured in 2015 and required 3 surgeries and he opted out or a restructured contract in 2017. Whether he was forced out or he just saw the writing on the wall isn't really the question. Just my take is he was just trying to build his brand and was using the controversy to do it. That's his choice.
But he really didn't help himself yesterday by making demands on the NFL. That's on him and him alone.

Coogs
11-17-2019, 10:33 AM
And he could also go off for 3 INTS. You keep trying to ignore interceptions for some odd reason. Actually it's not that odd,it's obvious why you're trying to ignore them. Because they totally kill your argument.

A 14:6 TD:INT ratio is A LOT better than a 5:6 TD:INT ratio and it's not even close.

I'll bow out. Not because I am admitting defeat. I will agree with you. Gabbert sux.

I didn't ignore the INT's, though.

chiefzilla1501
11-17-2019, 10:34 AM
The Broncos offered a 2 year deal to replace his rookie deal.

As we should all know at this point, anything in the back half of an NFL deal is more of a suggestion than a contract.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/broncos-wont-sign-colin-kaepernick-contract-john-elway-2018-8

I really could care less about Kaepernicks antics or beliefs. But I don't think he wants to be anywhere. Hes either delusional about his value that he believes starter money (like when he opted out of sf) or he realizes his best financial opportunity is to play the role of martyr. But yeah without a doubt he is better than what his critics want him to be. He's just not an every day starter.

IowaHawkeyeChief
11-17-2019, 10:34 AM
If he didn't thin out and looked like earlier era Kap, I think he would be a great addition for running short yardage situations. Current era Kap? Probably not.

Although I don't know why the Bears aren't saying **** it, why not? Mitch looks like total shit, so they'd have nothing to lose there.

Chase Daniels is a way better QB than Kap...

IowaHawkeyeChief
11-17-2019, 10:35 AM
I really could care less about Kaepernicks antics or beliefs. But I don't think he wants to be anywhere. Hes either delusional about his value that he believes starter money (like when he opted out of sf) or he realizes his best financial opportunity is to play the role of martyr.

^this^

This piece of shit sacrificed nothing despite Nikes tag line given him...

chiefzilla1501
11-17-2019, 10:45 AM
If kaep wanted to, he'd be a valuable backup somewhere. A power running team like Indy would do great with a scramble drill guy. These freelancers are often better for short stints because they don't need as much timing or understanding of the scheme. More importantly, the bottom half of backup qbs isn't just bad... It's so bad that teams like the Colts would rather March out hoyer and they paid for it by losing 2 key games in a playoff push.

Also, Any suggestion that Kaepernick is worse than Gabbert is ludicrous. Take away his horrendous game in Chicago and he had a pretty solid season... For a backup. Another reason he's not a starter is the dude is other level bad playing in the cold.

Ridiculous to say he couldn't be contribute somewhere. But I don't think he's interested in doing that. He's doing just fine playing the role as martyr.

Skyy God
11-17-2019, 10:50 AM

Although I don't know why the Bears aren't saying **** it, why not? Mitch looks like total shit, so they'd have nothing to lose there.

Also probably this.

Coogs
11-17-2019, 10:51 AM
If kaep wanted to, he'd be a valuable backup somewhere. A power running team like Indy would do great with a scramble drill guy. These freelancers are often better for short stints because they don't need as much timing or understanding of the scheme. More importantly, the bottom half of backup qbs isn't just bad... It's so bad that teams like the Colts would rather March out hoyer and they paid for it by losing 2 key games in a playoff push.

Also, Any suggestion that Kaepernick is worse than Gabbert is ludicrous. Take away his horrendous game in Chicago and he had a pretty solid season... For a backup. Another reason he's not a starter is the dude is other level bad playing in the cold.

Ridiculous to say he couldn't be contribute somewhere. But I don't think he's interested in doing that. He's doing just fine playing the role as martyr.

Who said Gabbert was better?

-King-
11-17-2019, 10:54 AM

100%. Him and his team know right now it's best served for him to not play. And the NFL doesn't want him to play anyway so both sides are just pushing agendas and using the tryout for optics.

But yeah, he's definitely an improvement for a lot of teams. Put him on the bears over Mitch, him on the Steelers over Rudolph and put him on the Colts while Brissett is out and they likely go to the playoffs.

But yeah, neither him nor the higher ups in the league really want him playing. I'm sure a bunch of coaches/GMs would take him though because he could likely save their jobs but their owners won't allow it.

Chief Roundup
11-17-2019, 11:12 AM

yeah it does. Third QB will not dress on the Chiefs and most other teams.

Chiefshrink
11-17-2019, 11:34 AM
And yes Matt Moore had to try out.

Uhhhhhh no he didn't. Reid called him up and begged him to come out of retirement.;)

Easy 6
11-17-2019, 11:41 AM
Fuck Kaep, Glazer just explained why that turd will never play in the NFL again...he screwed over the reps most teams sent by moving the workout an hour away just 20 minutes before it was scheduled

He doesn’t wanna play, he wants a shitshow to grandstand on... he’s a legit piece of shit

TravelingChiefs
11-17-2019, 11:59 AM
Kaepernick requested to shoot a Nike ad as a part of Saturday's workout, featuring the quarterback and mentioning all the NFL teams present at the workout. The NFL agreed, but Kaepernick informed the league of his decision to change the location of the workout on Saturday at 2:30 p.m., moving the event from the Falcons' practice facility to Charles R. Drew High School in Riverdale, Ga.

stevieray
11-17-2019, 12:04 PM
How would you know I show up every time he's mentioned if you didn't show up either?

False equivalence

Skyy God
11-17-2019, 12:04 PM
Keep ballwashing the NFL, sheeple.

“ According to Kaepernick’s representatives, NFL officials wanted him to sign a waiver absolving the league of any responsibility in case he got injured (standard practice for these workouts) that also reportedly stated Kaepernick could not sue the league in case he did not get signed after the workout (not standard at all).“

https://www.theringer.com/2019/11/16/20968696/colin-kaepernick-league-workout-saturday-change-venue

stevieray
11-17-2019, 12:05 PM
Yeah, but then the Dress Up Elviii and Scho’s of this fan base would shit kittens.

false narrative.

stevieray
11-17-2019, 12:09 PM
that also reportedly stated Kaepernick could not sue the league in case he did not get signed after the workout (not standard at all).“

smart move

vailpass
11-17-2019, 12:10 PM

“ According to Kaepernick’s representatives, NFL officials wanted him to sign a waiver absolving the league of any responsibility in case he got injured (standard practice for these workouts) that also reportedly stated Kaepernick could not sue the league in case he did not get signed after the workout (not standard at all).“

https://www.theringer.com/2019/11/16/20968696/colin-kaepernick-league-workout-saturday-change-venue

^
The kid who always got picked last.

DRM08
11-17-2019, 12:16 PM

My view is that his clown show act was his way of dealing with the reality that he was NOT performing like a superstar QB. Niners gave him a big contract and then he failed to live up to it on the field. So he started these antics to create a bunch of media attention for himself. Even managed to get a big payday from Nike out of this situation.

Baby Lee
11-17-2019, 12:18 PM
^
The kid who always got picked last.

You just know that post involved a onesie pajama and a big mug of cocoa.

lawrenceRaider
11-17-2019, 12:31 PM
100%. Him and his team know right now it's best served for him to not play. And the NFL doesn't want him to play anyway so both sides are just pushing agendas and using the tryout for optics.

But yeah, he's definitely an improvement for a lot of teams. Put him on the bears over Mitch, him on the Steelers over Rudolph and put him on the Colts while Brissett is out and they likely go to the playoffs.

But yeah, neither him nor the higher ups in the league really want him playing. I'm sure a bunch of coaches/GMs would take him though because he could likely save their jobs but their owners won't allow it.

Kap has zero interest in actually playing. Plus, he is about on par with Mitch, so no upgrade there for the Bears.

I think some forget just how bad Kap was at the end. His desire to play football had left, and it showed.

mnchiefsguy
11-17-2019, 12:39 PM

Kap wants 20 million a year. You willing to give up one of our premier players for a 20 million a year backup?

Yeah...no.

Easy 6
11-17-2019, 12:40 PM
Cannot believe some people are still defending the guy after yesterday, he shit ALL OVER the opportunity given to him

Only 8 of the 24 reps who showed up were able to be there, the Falcons left people behind to help with things and we’re supposed to feel bad for this fucking clown?

Then Kaep and his crew are there wearing shirts with woke messages, just stirring the shit... he’s a scumbag

Baby Lee
11-17-2019, 12:45 PM
Cannot believe some people are still defending the guy after yesterday, he shit ALL OVER the opportunity given to him

Only 8 of the 24 reps who showed up were able to be there, the Falcons left people behind to help with things and we’re supposed to feel bad for this fucking clown?

Then Kaep and his crew are there wearing shirts with woke messages, just stirring the shit... he’s a scumbag

All that said, the easiest way to forgiveness is to realize that, in these situations, Kaep has this on a reel in his mind

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/uO4gzNOYzhhiU" width="480" height="361" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/limp-bizkit-uO4gzNOYzhhiU">via GIPHY</a></p>

Easy 6
11-17-2019, 12:47 PM
At this point, Fred Durst has a better shot at playing in the NFL

FAX
11-17-2019, 12:49 PM

I don't know about feline-centric excrement ...

However, based on all we know, do you seriously believe Kapperdink would fit in with this locker room?

FAX

King_Chief_Fan
11-17-2019, 01:12 PM

and your issue is what exactly

scho63
11-17-2019, 01:24 PM
I didn't see this posted, so know we know 7 of the 8 teams that watched:

The change in venue interrupted schedules for many of the 25 teams that were scheduled to watch Kaepernick at the original site, but Kaepernick still threw in front of representatives from eight teams, according to Nalley, among them the Philadelphia Eagles, Kansas City Chiefs, New York Jets, Washington Redskins, San Francisco 49ers, Detroit Lions and Tennessee Titans.

FAX
11-17-2019, 01:32 PM
I didn't see this posted, so know we know 7 of the 8 teams that watched:

The change in venue interrupted schedules for many of the 25 teams that were scheduled to watch Kaepernick at the original site, but Kaepernick still threw in front of representatives from eight teams, according to Nalley, among them the Philadelphia Eagles, Kansas City Chiefs, New York Jets, Washington Redskins, San Francisco 49ers, Detroit Lions and Tennessee Titans.

According to various teevee pundits, the scouts in attendance said the workout didn't move the needle on Kapperdink's evaluation.

Odd that Kapperdink basically challenged the league and all 32 teams afterward. That seemed like poor judgment to me. I can't tell if he wants to play or not.

I know he wants to be on teevee.

FAX

chiefzilla1501
11-17-2019, 01:45 PM
Kap has zero interest in actually playing. Plus, he is about on par with Mitch, so no upgrade there for the Bears.

I think some forget just how bad Kap was at the end. His desire to play football had left, and it showed.

People also exaggerate how bad he was. He left the game probably a bottom 10 starter, but pretty decent backup. But yes, since then I've seen nothing that hints that he has any interest in playing again. Eric Reid showed that, and he has a much better gripe about being blacklisted. Kaepernick has not. Which is why Eric Reid is playing right now and Kaepernick is not.

Easy 6
11-17-2019, 02:15 PM

Tell me where I’m wrong Johnny Vegas, and MHR...

Easy 6
11-17-2019, 02:17 PM
Jay Z personally went to bat for that clown with Goodell to get him that opportunity and he took a steaming shit all over it

Period

Iowanian
11-17-2019, 03:21 PM
Can we stop talking about this bum yet?

It's not like he was good when he was benched.

Spott
11-17-2019, 03:43 PM
People also exaggerate how bad he was. He left the game probably a bottom 10 starter, but pretty decent backup. But yes, since then I've seen nothing that hints that he has any interest in playing again. Eric Reid showed that, and he has a much better gripe about being blacklisted. Kaepernick has not. Which is why Eric Reid is playing right now and Kaepernick is not.

He definitely had and likely still has the physical talent to be on NFL roster. Hell, Matt Cassel was still playing up until this year and there’s no way he was worse than him. But the constant distraction he is going to bring any team far exceeds any benefits that his physical abilities would be.

When he immediately started calling out the NFL immediately after his workout, you could tell that he would be a cancer to any team that he plays for. He’ll keep playing the victim card as long as he can, but he has no one to blame but himself for pissing away his career.

Johnny Vegas
11-17-2019, 04:07 PM
Tell me where I’m wrong Johnny Vegas, and MHR...

Just doesn’t surprise me you, vailpass, HCF, Mercilus, Frazod, etc all got something to say in this thread. You don’t care if he had a scouting day. Just an opportunity to rag on him because he took a knee during the anthem.

King_Chief_Fan
11-17-2019, 04:16 PM
Just doesn’t surprise me you, vailpass, HCF, Mercilus, Frazod, etc all got something to say in this thread. You don’t care if he had a scouting day. Just an opportunity to rag on him because he took a knee during the anthem.

from what I have read the clown took a knee yesterday...he done

Easy 6
11-17-2019, 04:20 PM

I got over the knee thing, but what I can’t get over is how Kaep purposely sabotaged his big chance at wooing some team... he doesnt want to play, this whole thing was a circus sideshow attention grab for him

But yeah I’m racist because Kaeps a retard :drool:

IowaHawkeyeChief
11-17-2019, 04:30 PM

Yes, it was a shitty thing to do especially when he says he was kneeling for oppression and mistreatment of blacks, while at the same time he supported and wore apparel featuring Chavez and Castro... He's an idiot who will never sign for the money he would be worthy of as a 2nd/3rd stringer...

chiefzilla1501
11-17-2019, 04:31 PM
I got over the knee thing, but what I can’t get over is how Kaep purposely sabotaged his big chance at wooing some team... he doesnt want to play, this whole thing was a circus sideshow attention grab for him

But yeah I’m racist because Kaeps a retard :drool:

I think the fact that Eric Reid is still kneeling yet is on an nfl team (and starting) speaks volumes to what Kaepernicks become. People probably wouldn't know he's kneeling because he's not grandstanding. It's not about the cause anymore for Kaepernick. He wants attention.

eDave
11-17-2019, 04:36 PM

Dude, I don't align with any of those guys but this guy KAP is way out of bounds here. It's ridiculous.