PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I have to laugh

Marcellus
11-18-2019, 11:00 PM
Good grief people we won the game, our defense locked down for the most part in the second half and when needed in the first.

Our offense was the worst its ever been under Mahomes.

We won by a full TD on a good defensive play.

This is the kind of shit that happens during a championship season and it offsets last weeks loss.

If you think Mahomes is going to play like this on average you are an idiot. We won when Mahomes was way off. Enjoy it and stop bitching.

Stop being miserable fucks for no reason.

TwistedChief
11-18-2019, 11:01 PM
We should trade Mahomes for more Frank Clarks.

PattyFlakes
11-18-2019, 11:02 PM
Right? So many miserable b*****s around here.

TLO
11-18-2019, 11:03 PM
I think people are expecting us to blow out teams 45-10 every week.

It's just not gonna happen folks.

Enjoy this win. It was a hard fought game and we won.

ThaVirus
11-18-2019, 11:04 PM
This game doesn't matter in the long run. Come season's end, all we'll care about is the fact that this game resulted in a W.

But this team has weaknesses. Lots and lots of weaknesses. It's discouraging to say the least. We can still get hot and peak at the right time in January, but these last several weeks have killed most of our confidence in this team's ability to do so.

threebag
11-18-2019, 11:05 PM
Building some character

notorious
11-18-2019, 11:05 PM
This game doesn't matter in the long run. Come season's end, all we'll care about is the fact that this game resulted in a W.

But this team has weaknesses. Lots and lots of weaknesses. It's discouraging to say the least. We can still get hot and peak at the right time in January, but these last several weeks have killed most of our confidence in this team's ability to do so.

Nailed it.

carcosa
11-18-2019, 11:06 PM
Yip!!!!!!!

493rd
11-18-2019, 11:07 PM
No, we just expect to blow any close game WITH the NFLs best QB because our head coach is a moron when it matters most. We’re jaded because of games like last week.

IowaHawkeyeChief
11-18-2019, 11:07 PM
Yes, a Divisional game with a team fighting to stay in it... If this is played in LA we do fine, the altitude killed the Oline with Fisher and LDT not in game shape. We were limited on what we could do, specifically when Tyreek went out. We adjusted well at half but we were quickly gassed upfront, which is understandable.

Simply Red
11-18-2019, 11:08 PM
Yip'in also to that

IowaHawkeyeChief
No, we just expect to blow any close game WITH the NFLs best QB because our head coach is a moron when it matters most. We’re jaded because of games like last week.

Explain what you would have did differently this week from last week? Seriously, wow us with your football knowledge.

Imon Yourside

All of this unfortunately, I was firmly on the bandwagon pre Titans bullshit but i've seen how this ends.

NJChiefsFan
11-18-2019, 11:09 PM
Offsets last weeks loss? Were we not supposed to win both these games? Cause that's not offsetting if so. Also, and I'll be the fiftieth person to say it, all losses are not terrible and all wins are not great. There are concerns that continue on from the very last game you refer, and that's one of the issues here.

Do you think the Chiefs are ok with how they are playing?

FloridaMan88
11-18-2019, 11:10 PM
Anyone who can’t see the same issues of the Chiefs inability to close out games with their offense is living in denial.

Four straight offensive possessions with a chance to close the game out and Andy stifles Mahomes as if he was calling plays for Alex Smith.

That may turn out okay against Phyllis-interception, but it is a continued big picture problem.

BryanBusby
11-18-2019, 11:11 PM
All wins are great if you're not intentionally tanking. How the fuck do you manage to breathe on your own?

Hammock Parties
11-18-2019, 11:12 PM
Amazing win. Tough place to play. Team played like dogshit. Took a commanding lead and brought it home in the second half.

We had a pretty loss last week and an ugly win this week.

It all evens out.

kcpasco
11-18-2019, 11:13 PM
Why can’t they keep a commanding lead?

NJChiefsFan
11-18-2019, 11:13 PM
All wins are great if you're not intentionally tanking. How the **** do you manage to breathe on your own?

How do you not manage to understand what people mean? It's ok to be critical after wins and positive after losses when you are talking about how the team is playing.

You are amazing or intentionally acting dumb. I don't know which is more impressive.

DaFace
11-18-2019, 11:14 PM

I'm a pretty optimistic person, but there's no question that they need to improve for us to have a chance. The Ravens have looked better each game. We've looked worse. And Belichick knows how to shut our offense down.

I still think we've got a shot this year, but we're far from the favorite.

BryanBusby
11-18-2019, 11:16 PM
How do you not manage to understand what people mean? It's ok to be critical after wins and positive after losses when you are talking about how the team is playing.

You are amazing or intentionally acting dumb. I don't know which is more impressive.
They won a tough divisional game. Everyone knows the teams flaws.

Just fucking save it for when they blow it again down the road. I'm saying you don't have to be a cunt all the time.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-18-2019, 11:16 PM
You morons realize the Chargers play everyone close, right? Even beat down GB... They aren't some awful scrub team...

FloridaMan88
11-18-2019, 11:17 PM

Forget about “commanding”... just keep a lead period and finish a game with your offense.

FOUR offensive possessions and Andy with the MVP at QB plays scared with the same two play calls.

NJChiefsFan
I'm a pretty optimistic person, but there's no question that they need to improve for us to have a chance. The Ravens have looked better each game. We've looked worse. And Belichick knows how to shut our offense down.

I still think we've got a shot this year, but we're far from the favorite.

Of course they have a shot. But as you said it's clear to anyone that isn't uptight that stuff needs to get better than this.

But I guess if you are concerned about how the Chiefs are playing you are a grump and a moron......

493rd
Explain what you would have did differently this week from last week? Seriously, wow us with your football knowledge.

Well, the offense had 4 consecutive possessions to essentially clinch the game without giving the ball back to the inconsistent and not to be trusted defense, and still couldn’t get it done. That’s on Andy Reid and his ability to manage the game when it’s on the line. But time and again he’s shown that those moments are too big for him.

Hammock Parties

They gave up one score.

They kept the lead, genious.

Imon Yourside
11-18-2019, 11:18 PM
You morons realize the Chargers play everyone close, right? Even beat down GB... They aren't some awful scrub team...

Our Defense has arrived, A DB even turned his head for the final Riverception!

kcpasco
They gave up one score.

They kept the lead, genious.

Rivers shit himself.

Hammock Parties
Forget about “commanding”... just keep a lead period and finish a game with your offense.

FOUR offensive possessions and Andy with the MVP at QB plays scared with the same two play calls.

Yes he should call seven step drops into the teeth of a dominating pass rush.

You buffoon.

NJChiefsFan
11-18-2019, 11:19 PM

Just ****ing save it for when they blow it again down the road. I'm saying you don't have to be a **** all the time.

I really complain all the time? Ok....

Don't really see the issue with discussing the Chiefs issues on a discussion board. I mean think about what you are saying. You yourself see the issues but we can't discuss them until we lose. Come on now.

493rd
11-18-2019, 11:19 PM

BINGO. Don’t worry though, cuz Andy knows that’s on him.

Hammock Parties
11-18-2019, 11:20 PM
Rivers shit himself.

Rivers got a miracle play and an illegal clock stoppage.

Frank's pressure forced the INT.

Suck everyone's fat balls in red and gold.

PattyFlakes
11-18-2019, 11:20 PM
Amazing win. Tough place to play. Team played like dogshit. Took a commanding lead and brought it home in the second half.

We had a pretty loss last week and an ugly win this week.

It all evens out.

Yip! Still need to improve on a lot, but I’m certainly not going to bitch about getting a divisional win, ugly or not.

kcpasco
11-18-2019, 11:21 PM
Rivers got a miracle play and an illegal clock stoppage.

Frank's pressure forced the INT.

Suck everyone's fat balls in red and gold.

Go ahead and count on Brady or Jackson to crap down their leg.

petegz28
11-18-2019, 11:22 PM

Cause the offense kept going 3 and out????

BryanBusby
I really complain all the time? Ok....

Don't really see the issue with discussing the Chiefs issues on a discussion board. I mean think about what you are saying. You yourself see the issues but we can't discuss them until we lose. Come on now.
No I know exactly what I'm saying. You're just a dramatic twat.

Nobody is saying hey fuck you don't say well there are some things to clean up but hey great win against a squad that made a NFC powerhouse look like total garbage!

I'm saying responding to this game with, "LeAvE aNdY rEiD iN mExIcO" is fucking dumb and there's a large pocket of you fuckers that will never be happy. No matter what.

Right after the win it was page and page of FUK U ANDY GET FIRED FAT FUK LMBO. If you can't distinguish the differences than well.....

Mama Hip Rockets
And Belichick knows how to shut our offense down.

The Chiefs have scored 42, 40, and 31 three last three times they've played them. How is that shutting them down?

CaliforniaChief
Tyreek wasn't a part of the game. 2 RB's go down. Playing on sinking sand. Desperate divisional opponent who had to have it. WIN.

Bye Week followed by a home game, 3-0 in the division, still haven't played our best football.
Mahomes getting healthier. Rivers crying, Defense emerging.

It's a GOOD day.

FloridaMan88
Yes he should call seven step drops into the teeth of a dominating pass rush.

You buffoon.

That’s the only other option besides a 2-3 yard run up the middle and a screen pass?

You are a continued Nick Athan-wannabe dumbshit.

EPodolak
11-18-2019, 11:23 PM
Mathieu catches the INT like a pro should the outcome would have looked and felt a lot better.

DBs who can't catch footballs be damned.

Imon Yourside

We've already owned Lamar twice so we've proven we can at least. Bradys' best play is his defense at this point.

PattyFlakes

They weren’t playing against Brady or Jackson this week so I don’t really give a f***.

Hammock Parties
11-18-2019, 11:24 PM

Bro, Brady has one playmaker and he sucks.

That Chargers offense is WAY better than New England's.

Jackson? Fuck off. :LOL:

mr. tegu
11-18-2019, 11:25 PM
It’s great to get the win but the problems continue to be basically the same, that being fourth quarter game management. That’s what’s discouraging about this game. We were literally in the exact same position tonight multiple times, as we were last week that costs us that game, yet nothing changed from that loss. It took a Trubisky level performance to win tonight. That’s not to downplay the defense playing well, but to just point out that we are very fortunate to have not given up a TD at some point during the offensive ineptitude in the fourth quarter.

kcpasco
Just let Mahomes win close games. Fuck this POS defense.

RetiredSeniorChief
Sorry, but Andy crapped his pants once again with the opportunity to put the game away late in the 4th with this series plays: Williams up the middle, Screen to Williams, Screen to Williams, Punt. Really? WTF was that? And then there was the last drive's 3rd down play, when once again they had a chance to ice it.

Defense never should have been put into the position of saving the day. Andy set Rivers up to win it in the end, but Rivers wet himself.

dirk digler

I would do designed roll outs to Pat's right going to the wide side of the field. Safe play where he can have multiple options to throw the ball or run it if need be.

petegz28
11-18-2019, 11:26 PM
A win is a win is a win. And it was a divisional win. Yes this and that could have been better but we won.

Hammock Parties
11-18-2019, 11:26 PM
That’s the only other option besides a 2-3 yard run up the middle and a screen pass?

You are a continued Nick Athan-wannabe dumbshit.

Did you even see the play where Mahomes was sacked?

He tried a short pass, tried to get Kelce open on a quick out, and the Chargers had it covered, and 0.5 seconds later pressure ruined the play.

The other two plays Mahomes missed a wide open Shady and the ball was tipped. That's on Mahomes. Those were fine play calls, the receiver was WIDE open.

Andy did fine tonight. The OL made things impossible at the end, and Mahomes missed a couple.

Learn football.

petegz28
11-18-2019, 11:27 PM
Just let Mahomes win close games. **** this POS defense.

The defense saved our ass this game. WTF are you even talking about? Mahomes and Co. shit themselves the entire 4th quarter when they had chance after chance after chance to put the game away. Just like last week when they had a chance to put it away and didn't.

NJChiefsFan
No I know exactly what I'm saying. You're just a dramatic twat.

Nobody is saying hey **** you don't say well there are some things to clean up but hey great win against a squad that made a NFC powerhouse look like total garbage!

I'm saying responding to this game with, "LeAvE aNdY rEiD iN mExIcO" is ****ing dumb and there's a large pocket of you ****ers that will never be happy. No matter what.

Right after the win it was page and page of FUK U ANDY GET FIRED FAT FUK LMBO. If you can't distinguish the differences than well.....

Yeah except I didn't say any of those things so don't quote me coming after me and calling me shit. Just cause those people and I are sharing a similar side doesn't mean I am being as "dramatic" as them. You're freaking out about any and everyone concerned about things and you aren't being dramatic? Ok.

Buehler445
I’m happy for the win. Especially the way it looked like we were going to lose.

But there is plenty to be concerned about. At this stage of the season it’s getting close to being we are who we’ve been - a team that struggles with injuries, can be exploited in defense, is undisciplined and can’t put teams away.

All are factors that can lose you the game.

Add in that there is added pressure to win one before mahomes gets paid, yeah. There’s a lot to complain about.

Imon Yourside
Just let Mahomes win close games. **** this POS defense.

Eh? Defense won today.

Hammock Parties
11-18-2019, 11:28 PM
anyone see how shitty the offense is for the #1 seed these days?

shut the fuck up and enjoy the win

kcpasco
11-18-2019, 11:28 PM
The defense saved our ass this game. WTF are you even talking about? Mahomes and Co. shit themselves the entire 4th quarter when they had chance after chance after chance to put the game away. Just like last week when they had a chance to put it away and didn't.

Tonight vs. a washed up Rivers.

PattyFlakes
11-18-2019, 11:29 PM

shut the **** up and enjoy the win

This.

BryanBusby
Yeah except I didn't say any of those things so don't quote me coming after me and calling me shit. Just cause those people and I are sharing a similar side doesn't mean I am being as "dramatic" as them.
It's a general lumping of a group but lets not pretend our shit doesn't stink here.

Titty Meat
OP is a faggot

FloridaMan88
Bro, Brady has one playmaker and he sucks.

That Chargers offense is WAY better than New England's.

Jackson? **** off. :LOL:

If Ryan Tannehill can drive down the field in four plays and no time outs for a game winning score then Lamar Jackson and Brady can.

Bottom line, when you have the reigning NFL MVP at QB, be aggressive and try to close the game out with your offense, because the defense won’t be gifted with the opportunity to play Phyllis-Interception in the playoffs.

kcpasco
Rivers is so much trash that Tannehill is better.

RunKC
11-18-2019, 11:30 PM
We can’t stop the run
We can’t run the ball
We constantly make stupid mistakes/penalties

Those are all 100% irrefutable facts and is a recipe for failure in January.

8 penalties, 2 fumbles, a pick, a dropped pop fly INT. We can’t keep making these stupid assed mistakes.

petegz28
If Ryan Tannehill can drive down the field in four plays and no time outs for a game winning score then Lamar Jackson and Brady can.

Bottom line, when you have the reigning NFL MVP at QB, be aggressive and try to close the game out with your offense, because the defense won’t be gifted with the opportunity to play Phyllis-Interception in the playoffs.

Except Lamar Jackson didn't.....:shake:

NJChiefsFan
It's a general lumping of a group but lets not pretend our shit doesn't stink here.

I have no problem seeing issues with tonight's game and still going to bed happy about a win. If people need things to be black and white and otherwise are going to think I'm bitching, then oh well I guess. It's really ok being frustrated with some of the play and still being happy about a win.

BryanBusby
11-18-2019, 11:31 PM
I’m happy for the win. Especially the way it looked like we were going to lose.

But there is plenty to be concerned about. At this stage of the season it’s getting close to being we are who we’ve been - a team that struggles with injuries, can be exploited in defense, is undisciplined and can’t put teams away.

All are factors that can lose you the game.

Add in that there is added pressure to win one before mahomes gets paid, yeah. There’s a lot to complain about.
Not really.

The cap is going to rise rapidly and the Pat extension will look cheap in a few years. Veach had a fucking fantastic draft this year and they're going to be in great shape if continues to draft like that. There's still 15+ years of Pat Mahomes left.

They're going to be fine. This team is going to win it all eventually.

I have no problem seeing issues with tonight's game and still going to bed happy about a win. If people need things to be black and white and otherwise are going to think I'm bitching, then oh well I guess. It's really ok being frustrated with some of the play and still being happy about a win.
There's going to be plenty of opportunities to whine about all the issues. Just give it a rest for one week.

I don't see how people enjoy something where they can't help but find all the negatives they can after a positive result.

kcpasco
11-18-2019, 11:32 PM
The win was great. Rivers and the Chargers are trash.

Miles
11-18-2019, 11:32 PM
Tyreek wasn't a part of the game. 2 RB's go down. Playing on sinking sand. Desperate divisional opponent who had to have it. WIN.

Bye Week followed by a home game, 3-0 in the division, still haven't played our best football.
Mahomes getting healthier. Rivers crying, Defense emerging.

It's a GOOD day.

Exactly. Those field conditions combined with the altitude also introduce a lot of chance for odd shit to happen so happy to just get the win and move on.

dirk digler
11-18-2019, 11:33 PM

shut the fuck up and enjoy the win

Yeah but they have a fairly dominant defense. We don’t obviously. So we need our offense to close out games

Hammock Parties
11-18-2019, 11:35 PM
We can’t stop the run
We can’t run the ball

8 penalties, 2 fumbles, a pick, a dropped pop fly INT. We can’t keep making these stupid assed mistakes.

Enjoy the win you stupid fucking whining bastard. ROFL

FloridaMan88
Except Lamar Jackson didn't.....:shake:

Do you trust this defense to stop Lamar Jackson and the Ravens offense in a similar scenario as tonight in the playoffs or would you rather take your chances with being aggressive and closing the game out on offense?

Because that is what happened in the week three win vs the Ravens you are referring to... the Chiefs closed out the game and got the win with their offense on the field, getting a key first down.

Oh Snap
I'll take the win. But my God did our offense look lost tonight. To be fair to them, fisher looked like he was shaking off some rust. This is the healthiest weve been since the opener. They'll have the next 2 weeks of practice to get everyone on the same page (including coaches).

stevieray
11-18-2019, 11:37 PM
It's how you play in Nov/Dec.

A play here or there we could be 9-2....We haven't been blown out.

Still in first place in the division. To be 7-4 with this schedule and ALL the injuries?

I'll take it.

Baby Lee

Just fucking save it for when they blow it again down the road. I'm saying you don't have to be a cunt all the time.

Are you new here, there has been a sizeable contingent who felt perfectly justified being cunty through ENTIRE presidencies. They've been cunts full stop since before the internet existed, . . . puppies have been born and died of old age never knowing a cunt-free day from them . . . and a lot of them are the same ones saying 'can't you just enjoy the ride' now that their particular pet cunt-struck peccadillo has been scratched.

NJChiefsFan
Exactly. Those field conditions combined with the altitude also introduce a lot of chance for odd shit to happen so happy to just get the win and move on.

The setting definitely added to the weird feel of the game.

petegz28
11-18-2019, 11:38 PM
Do you trust this defense to stop Lamar Jackson and the Ravens offense in a similar scenario as tonight in the playoffs or would you rather take your chances with being aggressive and closing the game out on offense?

Because that is what happened in the week three win vs the Ravens you are referring to... the Chiefs closed out the game and got the win with their offense on the field, getting a key first down.

Dude, I give up figuring out teams on a Sunday-Sunday basis. We barely lost to GB, the Chargers smoked GB and we beat the Chargers.

Raiders beat Indy we don't
We beat Baltimore and Cleveland runs all over them then they beat NE.

I would always take my chances of being agressive with this offense. I don't think that is debatable. That doesn't change the fact that we beat Baltimore and it was only close because of 2 fluke passes.

BryanBusby
11-18-2019, 11:39 PM
Are you new here, there has been a sizeable contingent who felt perfectly justified being cunty through ENTIRE presidencies. They've been cunts full stop since before the internet existed, . . . and a lot of them are the same ones saying 'can't you just enjoy the ride' now that their particular pet cunt-struck peccadillo has been scratched.
No, I know CP well enough. Most of the same group crying tonight whined about every single thing as the Royals went back to back to the World Series.

They are miserable 24x7 and want everyone else to be as miserable as they are and are passive about it.

IowaHawkeyeChief
11-18-2019, 11:40 PM

:rolleyes:

Our Oline was quite a bit healthier that game and not 2 just coming back from several games off...

ThyKingdomCome15
11-18-2019, 11:41 PM
Agreed.

Defense has put in good games 4 out of the last five weeks. Much improved, but certainly room to grow.

Mama Hip Rockets
11-18-2019, 11:42 PM
We can’t stop the run
We can’t run the ball

Gordon - 14 carries, 69 yards, 0 TD
Ekeler - 5 carries, 24 yards, 0 TD

Not sure this is the time to whine about not stopping the run. That's a pretty average running performance. Not exactly unstoppable.

Also, why the one-sided analysis? Hyperfocusing on the two fumbles (did that even happen? I don't remember two fumbles) and the one interception (Mahomes' 2nd of the entire season, OMG!) and a dropped interception on a night that they had four interceptions, including the game winner?

NJChiefsFan
11-18-2019, 11:42 PM
It's just amusing that saying anything about the game means you aren't happy about the win.

ChiefsCountry
11-18-2019, 11:45 PM
I gave up in 2015 when there was so many miserable fucks during the Royals run.

FloridaMan88
11-18-2019, 11:55 PM
:rolleyes:

Our Oline was quite a bit healthier that game and not 2 just coming back from several games off...

LMAO Yeah that’s the reason Andy went dickless-conservative on four straight possessions.

mnchiefsguy
11-18-2019, 11:57 PM
Yes, the offense struggled tonight...but for the first time in a long fucking time, the defense was handed a lead in the 4th qtr...and they held it---not for just one drive, but multiple drives.

They overcame a shit out of bounds call on the Williams catch (the clock should have kept going and that would have burned at least 15 seconds)...and other than the Williams catch they played solid on the last drive. Clark put pressure on Phyllis on that last throw and made him chuck it up for grabs.

It was a tough dirty win....something this team has not done for a long time. Sometimes you gotta win ugly...and now we know we can do it.

Defense was taking steps forward against Denver, GB, and Minnesota...took a step back against TN, and now have taken a step forward again.

If the defense can continue to take steps forward and not completely shit the bed, this could still be a special year.

Hopefully we get healthy during the bye week and the offense can get back on track.

chiefzilla1501
11-18-2019, 11:57 PM
I am supportive of Andy Reid. I wasn't that tough on him for last week's loss. But I'm not going to blindly stand behind bad decision making. It's one thing to get out-schemed or out-played. It's another when you just manage the game poorly. He's a good coach but he did not close this game well at all. I'm moving on with optimism, but not going to make excuses for this one. Sorry.

IowaHawkeyeChief
11-19-2019, 12:31 AM
LMAO Yeah that’s the reason Andy went dickless-conservative on four straight possessions.

Yes you dumb mother fucker... Rewatch the last 4 drives and tell me if Mahomes had any time to throw...

You are a football retard... seriously, it's obvious you never played the game, or if so, not very well.

CasselGotPeedOn
11-19-2019, 12:41 AM
Gordon - 14 carries, 69 yards, 0 TD
Ekeler - 5 carries, 24 yards, 0 TD

Not sure this is the time to whine about not stopping the run. That's a pretty average running performance. Not exactly unstoppable.

Also, why the one-sided analysis? Hyperfocusing on the two fumbles (did that even happen? I don't remember two fumbles) and the one interception (Mahomes' 2nd of the entire season, OMG!) and a dropped interception on a night that they had four interceptions, including the game winner?

RunKC is a dipshit

jerryaldini
11-19-2019, 12:45 AM
You saw Ward stumble forward as Williams came down with the ball. That's because Williams pushed off just before the camera shot. Then Fenton pushes him down in bounds and the clock stoppage saves about 20 seconds. Great throw and catch but we never should have been in that position at the end. Ward had good coverage until the push.

Because the offense punted 4 consecutive short drives the defense had to make a ridiculous 4 stops in the 4th quarter at altitude. First three chargers only ran 10 plays. Just an incredible half by the defense and Clark in particular. Now we are actually left wondering if the offense can pickup crucial first downs late in games with an abortion of a run game and interior line and receivers not named Hill disappearing late.

I trust them to figure it out on offense. Winning on the road in NE and then beating new media darling Jackson in Baltimore to go to the SB would put 50 years of demons to rest. I'm gonna keep believing.

Hammock Parties
11-19-2019, 12:52 AM
I gave up in 2015 when there was so many miserable fucks during the Royals run.

We will need to beat NE before these bastards come around.

Buehler445
11-19-2019, 12:59 AM
We can’t stop the run
We can’t run the ball

We actually did stop the run after the first couple series. They went to it a lot and we stuffed it hard. But nobody remembers those plays. Just the ones that look bad. Those plays are bad. But the narrative that we can’t stop the run, at least in this game is wrong.

Not really.

The cap is going to rise rapidly and the Pat extension will look cheap in a few years. Veach had a fucking fantastic draft this year and they're going to be in great shape if continues to draft like that. There's still 15+ years of Pat Mahomes left.

They're going to be fine. This team is going to win it all eventually.

There's going to be plenty of opportunities to whine about all the issues. Just give it a rest for one week.

I don't see how people enjoy something where they can't help but find all the negatives they can after a positive result.
Think what you want, it’s far easier to win with a good QB on a rookie deal than after.

BryanBusby
11-19-2019, 01:01 AM
We actually did stop the run after the first couple series. They went to it a lot and we stuffed it hard. But nobody remembers those plays. Just the ones that look bad. Those plays are bad. But the narrative that we can’t stop the run, at least in this game is wrong.

Think what you want, it’s far easier to win with a good QB on a rookie deal than after.
The Packers won it all after paying Aaron. It's not as impossible as you're making it out to be.

Buehler445
11-19-2019, 01:03 AM
The Packers won it all after paying Aaron. It's not as impossible as you're making it out to be.

I’m not at all saying it’s impossible. It’s just easier.

My original point was, with the fan base, it feels like there’s pressure to get one on Mahomes rookie deal. And you look at the deals Veach made, it sure looks like the FO feels that pressure too.

Whether or not you agree with said pressure, doesn’t negate its existence.

chiefzilla1501
11-19-2019, 01:06 AM

Our defense gets a worse rep than they deserve on stopping the run. As I pointed out last week... 7 out of 10 games before today were vs a top 15 run offense. Our run D is not our strongest area and we just happened to have a schedule loaded with running teams. Think today shows we're much better against a balanced or passing offense.

Im also still scratching my head on why we benched Pennel last week. That didn't help.

BryanBusby
11-19-2019, 01:07 AM
I don't think it makes a whole lot of difference. You really don't win by spending large in FA anyhow.

The pressure doesn't change pre or post extension. They just need to draft well and they'll be in it and that's what it comes down to.

2018 was aids, but 2019 looks like a base to build off of.

Simply Red
11-19-2019, 01:10 AM
A win is a win is a win. And it was a divisional win. Yes this and that could have been better but we won.

even Peter is optimistic

Buehler445
11-19-2019, 01:15 AM
I don't think it makes a whole lot of difference. You really don't win by spending large in FA anyhow.

The pressure doesn't change pre or post extension. They just need to draft well and they'll be in it and that's what it comes down to.

2018 was aids, but 2019 looks like a base to build off of.

I don’t disagree, but if you don’t feel the pressure as a fan base then I don’t know what to tell you. I don’t even listen to much sports media.

BryanBusby
11-19-2019, 01:21 AM
I don’t disagree, but if you don’t feel the pressure as a fan base then I don’t know what to tell you. I don’t even listen to much sports media.
I'm sure the pressure from the fanbase is there, but I don't think the team agrees with it.

Unless you've got the greatest coach in football history, you just gotta keep getting enough attempts to finally get through.

This team is gonna be a SB winner.

CoMoChief
11-19-2019, 01:22 AM
A road win in the NFL is always good. Call it a neutral site whatever, its technically a road game and is treated as such.

Having that said, the Chiefs sure as shit didnt pass the eye test and almost blew yet another game they had no business losing.

The reason why people are pissed is because theyve seen how this movie ends. This is something that's followed Reid his entire head coaching career.

Reid allows bad teams to hang around in games long enough to where they eventually come up and bite him in the ass.

Had the Chiefs lost tonite, people would be calling for Reids job at the end of the season. Theres no sense of urgency on this team...its almost as if the players even believe Pat will fix n hide all of their problems. Sometimes I even think the coaches somewhat act that way too.

DaNewGuy
11-19-2019, 03:12 AM
I wasnt as upset about the titans loss cause the titans usually have that one great win against a great team before pissing it all away and it's a division opponent ..we got the W..just enjoy it

Megatron96
11-19-2019, 03:12 AM
Chargers possessions;

9 plays 68 yards, 5:29 minutes FG

7 plays 38 yards, 3:01 missed FG

7 plays 46 yards 3:41 INT

6 plays 19 yards 2:43 INT

9 plays 67 yards 3:44 minutes FG

9 plays 44 yards 1:43 minutes FG

Half time

3 plays -3 yards 1:13 minutes PUNT

6 plays 76 yards 3:12 minutes TD

4 plays 18 yards 2:26 minutes PUNT

3 plays 6 yards 1:58 minutes PUNT

3 plays 0 yards :17 seconds INT

11 plays 77 yards 1:35 minutes INT

12 Chargers possessions, only 4 scoring drives, 1 TD and 3 FGs. Chiefs defense forces four turnovers on INTs, and forces 3 punts. But they suck.

Chiefs defense allows just ONE SCORE BY THE CHARGERS IN THE SECOND HALF.

YOU BILIOUS MORONS.

Lot of really retarded Chiefs fans on CP.

Chris Meck
11-19-2019, 08:11 AM
I am supportive of Andy Reid. I wasn't that tough on him for last week's loss. But I'm not going to blindly stand behind bad decision making. It's one thing to get out-schemed or out-played. It's another when you just manage the game poorly. He's a good coach but he did not close this game well at all. I'm moving on with optimism, but not going to make excuses for this one. Sorry.

Alright guys-

Fisher was back, but clearly not in football shape. Schwartz has been playing at clearly less than healthy. The interior line is AWFUL. Both Guards suck and Reiter sucks too. We had no answer for Bosa and Ingram. We were being dominated at the line.

Some misdirection helped us run the ball a little; and everyone knows that to burn clock, you must run. So Andy ran some.

The first "screen pass" that everyone is bitching about wasn't even a screen pass; it was a downfield play in which the other options were covered and the RB was running a wheel out of the backfield as the dump off option. It was open if Mahomes gets it there quicker and on target. He didn't. I know y'all don't want to hear it, but Mahomes had a bad game. He just flat missed it.

The second was also a Mahomes miss.

In football at all levels, when you can't slow down a pass rush, a screen game is your best friend. That's not stupid.

What's stupid is when you can't handle a pass rush and you call a downfield passing play like the last play where Mahomes got sacked.

But most of y'all have decided on the narrative that ANDY WENT CONSERVATIVE, SHOULD HAVE LET MAHOMES WIN IT

Well, you'd have seen several plays just like that last one then. Bosa was in beast mode, and Ingram was too. We couldn't handle them.

Short passes and screen passes and running the ball is what you do when you can't block long enough to push the ball downfield.

I don't understand why this is so difficult to understand. How long have you watched football? Did you never play it yourself?

Andy has flaws, but there wasn't anything all that weird about any of the playcalls here. We needed to try to run the ball. Mahomes was off all night and didn't hit those two to the RB. Then, we ran a regular downfield pass play and he got sacked. Why no jet sweeps? why none of that stuff? BECAUSE THE LINE RIGHT NOW WITH INJURED TACKLES AND SHITTY GUARDS AND A CENTER CANT HANDLE IT.

It's not just about who has the ball in his hands. Jeez.

O.city
11-19-2019, 09:16 AM
Well, I couldn't stay away too long. Took a week off, popped in a time or two during the week, didn't post any, only popped in for a minute or two and just closed out and left.

I would recommend some time away for everyone, it does the mind well.

Anyway, it is funny to see everyone get so worked up over a win vs a division opponent on the road in a weird environment.

The OL was getting it's ass kicked, everyone was sucking air, and they just wanted to get out of there. Yeah, I'd prefer to have the offense gotten a single first down or something and end the fucking game, but the defense pulled their weight.

Get to the bye at 7-4, get healthy, win out. It's all right there in front of them. I still think 12-4 gets the 2 seed, maybe even the 1 seed if all breaks right.