PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Diez cosas sobre el juego de esta noche, Semana 11: KC 24, LAC 17

gblowfish
11-18-2019, 11:42 PM
Diez cosas sobre el juego de esta noche, Semana 11: KC 24, LAC 17

10. ¡Phyllis Rivers es una pequeña perra llorona! `¡Qué pantalones mojando perdedor coño! Pedo en su dirección general!

9. Tons of Chiefs fans in Med-E-Co. Lots of red in the stands, and you could hear “Home of the Chiefs” during the anthem. I thought the Mexican National Anthem was “La Bamba, “ but apparently, I was wrong about that. We lost the toss, but Phyllis wanted the ball. That was kind of a break for us, as I think we play better when we get the ball to start the second half. No matter. 75,000 fans show up in another upholstered toilet soccer pitch -hey, Bolts ARE the home team, so they’re used to playing on an upholstered toilet soccer pitch- only this time the crowd was three times bigger than anything they’d ever draw in LA. I think the Chiefs should have played in Air Force Pressure suits with oxygen tanks on the back. 7,000 feet is stupid thin air. Lots of injuries on both sides. You have to wonder how much the shit turf and thin air had to do with it. On offense, KC loses two running backs -one Williams and Sloopy-, Reek and Austin Ryder for a series. They lose Lucas on defense, but that may have been a blessing since he sucks so much. Both teams looked totally gassed at the end. I’d be OK if we never have to play in Med-E-Co ever again.

8. The Chiefs have had a maddening trend to come out flat, get outplayed the first quarter, get it together in the 2nd quarter, then play to the level of their competition in the 3rd and 4th quarter. Tonight they only scored in two quarters, and only led by one at the half. I thought they were going to put Phyllis away in the middle of the fourth, but they could not get past stalling at mid field on their final couple of drives. I hate… HATE putting the game in Spags’ hands. Tonight Phyllis was vintage Phyllis: four picks including a game killer in the last 20 seconds-and he should have had five picks had Honey Badger not dropped a gimme. That was the worst gaffe of the night, because that drop and two DPIs sustained the Bolt’s last TD drive. Otherwise we win this game by 14. At least he caught the other one, and that changed the game momentum.

7. Frank Clark actually showed up and played with emotion. I think he was jawing with Phyllis the whole game. He had one sack and a guy who was in street clothes in Nashville got the other one (Pennel). Nnandi got a pick that fell in his lap from a Clark pressure. Bolts were held to less than 100 yards rushing, but Ekeler got over 100 in receiving out of the backfield. So, just like the Green Bay game, did great stopping the run, couldn’t stop throws to the backs because our linebackers can’t cover. Still, the defense gave up 3 field goals and a single TD. Chargers had 438 yards, but the defense stiffened most times it needed to. Phyllis was shut out in the fourth quarter, which was a big big deal.

6. Mahomes looked rusty in the first half. He threw his second pick of the year, and were less than 50% on third down. In the first half, the third downs were all third and long, thanks to penalties. Also, Tyreek was lost for the game about eight minutes in with a non-contact injury. In the course of the game, PMII loses his number one receiver, starting running back and backup running back. That’s rough. An although Pat threw for less than 200 yards an only one TD, he did run for 59 yards on four carries, and each one was a big one to break the Bolt’s will. I can’t count the number of times Horse Face did that to us over the years. You think you have him stopped, and he runs for frickin 20 yards! So nice to have a guy playing for us that can do that. And Pat walked away unhurt, because he was smart about knowing when to go down. Shady was swinging the ball around like a loaf of bread again, and he damn near fumbled it down around the 10 yard line on the drive where Williams scored on his six yard run. That guy is hard headed as Hell. Sherman had nice lead blocks for both running TDs. He’s a damn good fullback, and we’re lucky to have him.

5. Kelce was virtually invisible the first half. In the second half they adjusted, and started throwing to him even when he was in tough coverage. Nobody in this league can stop him, and his TD catch was his first ever against the Bolts. He also reached 6000 yards in this his 91st game, and that’s the fastest a tight end made it to 6000 yards in NFL history. That’s the kind of stat that puts you in the HOF. So big congrats to Kelce. Bet he’s on a beach in Cancun tomorrow with a little fruity drink in his hand and white sand in his beach trunks.

4. Buttkicker was money on his field goal and three PATs. Bolts kicker missed a 40 yarder which affected the strategy of the game. No fumbles by our punt returners; Bolts fumbled at least two, but managed to get them back. Colquitt punted six times -which is a lot for us- and shanked his first one for 30 yards, but hit the other five inside the 20 yard line, including a 55 yarder in the thin air. Winchester had one low snap, but otherwise the specials did much better this week.

3. Sorensen had eight tackles and the game winning pick, but man, he still is a liability. Teams throw on him when they need to covert third down, and are usually successful. Matthieu also had eight tackles and a big pick, but dropped one that could have made the game more comfortable in the third quarter. If we get into a game like this in the playoffs, you HAVE to make that pick. Luckily it didn’t come back to bite us. Lucas had three or four Ole’ tackles -guess he thought that was permitted in Mexico- and Ward and Fenton both outplayed him. I wish they’d play Watts more and just cut Lucas. He’s a liability on the field.

2. Seemed like Andy got conservative again in the fourth quarter; but at least this time they made the Bolts use up their time outs. Still, you give Phyllis the ball with 1:43 and no time outs, and he damn near pulled it off. And WTF is with our secondary on two point conversions? We gave up another one tonight to a wide open guy. I was afraid if Phyllis drove down for a TD at game end, they’d go for two and beat us like they did last year in Arrowhead. But luckily, Phyllis went full Phyllis and puked up Intercepto Quatro, and it was Buenos Noches!!

1. Too close for comfort, but as we always say, you never apologize for a win. Especially a division win. Especially a road division win. Especially when its in a place where English is a second language….like behind any McDonalds counter in KC! So we take a week off, hopefully heal some more, and we get the Faid at home in December. Hopefully it’ll be cooooold. Actually flexing the game helps Oakland, because since their body clocks are on Pacific Time, a 3:30 central kick is now like a 1:30 game for them instead of a 10am game with a KC noon kick. Sucks for the fans, because if its a cold day, it’ll be even colder once the sun goes down. But it is what is is. I think the pundants said if we won tonight, KC had an 86% probability of winning the AFC West. Phyllis and the Bolts are now flat as a tortilla, Denver is awful and if we can sweep the Faid, shouldn’t matter what happens at Foxboro. Disfruten la semana de despedida mis amigos. ¡Fiesta con mucha cerveza!

Rasputin
11-18-2019, 11:43 PM
En primero

Titty Meat
11-18-2019, 11:43 PM
Chiefs defense built the wall!

big nasty kcnut
11-18-2019, 11:44 PM
Great read George!

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
11-18-2019, 11:45 PM
Lucas was actually out of the game with a injury

Hammock Parties
11-18-2019, 11:45 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">“Casi me cago en los pantalones otra vez” is Spanish for “I almost shit in my pants again”. <a href="https://t.co/a2CKOoah3Z">pic.twitter.com/a2CKOoah3Z</a></p>&mdash; b e a r d w e l l (@LanceTHESPOKEN) <a href="https://twitter.com/LanceTHESPOKEN/status/1196663562577547268?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 19, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Rasputin
11-18-2019, 11:48 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">“Casi me cago en los pantalones otra vez” is Spanish for “I almost shit in my pants again”. <a href="https://t.co/a2CKOoah3Z">pic.twitter.com/a2CKOoah3Z</a></p>&mdash; b e a r d w e l l (@LanceTHESPOKEN) <a href="https://twitter.com/LanceTHESPOKEN/status/1196663562577547268?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 19, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Clark Hunt is such a dork LMAO

mnchiefsguy
11-18-2019, 11:49 PM
Great read George!

Now this weekend we have to cheer for the J E T S Jets!

Hopefully the Jets can play like they did against the Skins and pull the upset.

Considering the Faiders barely beat the hapless Bengals, I think an upset is possible.

Have a great bye week!

Wallcrawler
11-18-2019, 11:54 PM
Andy got let off the hook tonight. The tits loss that supposedly "affected him deeply" didn't seem to change a damn thing when the offense REPEATEDLY gave the football back to the Chargers after posessions that should have closed out the game.

Any Qb but Rivers, were 6-5 and listening to Andy say how its on him, he will learn, do a better job, blah blah blah.

He seemed to take nothing from the failure to close against the tits, calling plays like a madden scrub late.

I stand by the statement that unless Mahomes can drop 60 on an opponent and make Reids decisions irrelevant, we wont win anything of significance.

You put any playoff qb out there and give them MULTIPLE opportunities at this defense, theyre going to cash in. We were just lucky it was Rivers.

cabletech94
11-19-2019, 12:32 AM
diez!

love the blowfish!! love the win!! love the CP!!

chiefforlife
11-19-2019, 12:41 AM
Jets beat the Cowboys so they have it in them to beat the Raiders! Go Jets

Hammock Parties
11-19-2019, 12:49 AM
Clark Hunt is such a dork LMAO

did you see that shot of clark and tavia?

tavia was not watching the game and droning on about something and clark looked like he was in hell LMAO

Hammock Parties
11-19-2019, 12:51 AM
Andy got let off the hook tonight. The tits loss that supposedly "affected him deeply" didn't seem to change a damn thing when the offense REPEATEDLY gave the football back to the Chargers after posessions that should have closed out the game.

Andy called a standard drop back pass with the game on the line. Short route, good concept to get Kelce open for a 1st at the sticks.

First read (Kelce) was covered.

Mahomes had 1.5 seconds to throw and was sacked.

He also drew up a couple of nice plays that would have gone for a first down if Mahomes had executed and hit the wide open flat man (not screen passes, as some dumbasses have mistaken them for).

Enjoy the win. Andy's win. And apparently your loss.

Buehler445
11-19-2019, 12:52 AM
Good work on getting this pushed out tonight.

Th ask God Phyllis is Phyllis and Allen can’t catch a cold. But sometimes you need to catch breaks. You know Cheatriot doesn’t play quality opponents in division and they can lay eggs too - and still win of course.

I think think Clark should insist on not doing this international horseshit anymore. We’ve been to London which sucks ass and Mexico City obviously can’t produce a playing surface sufficient to support American football. Plus the thin air is just a fucking joke. Pile high is one thing, but this is a half mile higher. I looked up the elevation of Kansas City - 909 feet. I think that is the highest of anyone except the cheating fucking Donkos until the Faid move to Las Vegas at 2000 feet. To go all the way up to 7000 is just stupid, and adds another level of variability I’m trying to figure out who’s the best team. Clark needs to put an end to the shit.

Execution is really poor. All 3 teams. It’s good to get the win but we’re not winning anything of significance if we don’t clean up execution.

MMXcalibur
11-19-2019, 02:08 AM
The Jets can absolutely beat the Raiders.
That would be prime-Raiders to announce that they're "back" and then suck butt in what should be a winnable game.

T-post Tom
11-19-2019, 02:40 AM
George, great job as always! Would only disagree with you on one point: Travis Kelce is not on a beach in Cancun. He's in a luxury hotel suite with a case of tequila, 4 Mexican prostitutes and an IV drip. And I say good on you Travis. Good on you.

TwistedChief
11-19-2019, 03:14 AM
There was so much Because-Chiefs PTSD on that last drive because we ALL knew if they scored they were gonna go for 2 and Rivers would find someone wide open in the end zone. Pleased it didn't come to that.

Onward and upward!

oldman
11-19-2019, 07:10 AM
Spot on, George. Just a couple of things.

First, never, ever play there again. I don't care what the ground crew did, the field was still a mess after the 1st quarter. I'd bet even our smallest guy is bigger than 95% of the soccer players that use that field. It just couldn't hold up to 300 lb. guys digging in.

Second, much is being made of PMII having a bad game. So what, what was the final score? I wonder if the thin air didn't effect some of those touch passes. I also wonder if that same thin air effected some of the decisions he made. Altitude sickness is a real thing.

pugsnotdrugs19
11-19-2019, 07:52 AM
The Jets can absolutely beat the Raiders.
That would be prime-Raiders to announce that they're "back" and then suck butt in what should be a winnable game.

I mean, it’s the absolute definition of a trap game...

seclark
11-19-2019, 07:59 AM
thanks, george!
sec

BlackHelicopters
11-19-2019, 08:24 AM
Muchas gracias, Senor George.

Hydrae
11-19-2019, 08:25 AM
Good work on getting this pushed out tonight.

Th ask God Phyllis is Phyllis and Allen can’t catch a cold. But sometimes you need to catch breaks. You know Cheatriot doesn’t play quality opponents in division and they can lay eggs too - and still win of course.

I think think Clark should insist on not doing this international horseshit anymore. We’ve been to London which sucks ass and Mexico City obviously can’t produce a playing surface sufficient to support American football. Plus the thin air is just a ****ing joke. Pile high is one thing, but this is a half mile higher. I looked up the elevation of Kansas City - 909 feet. I think that is the highest of anyone except the cheating ****ing Donkos until the Faid move to Las Vegas at 2000 feet. To go all the way up to 7000 is just stupid, and adds another level of variability I’m trying to figure out who’s the best team. Clark needs to put an end to the shit.

Execution is really poor. All 3 teams. It’s good to get the win but we’re not winning anything of significance if we don’t clean up execution.

Clark really can't do that. He is the head of the International competition committee so I just don't see how he can say that his team won't play internationally. :shrug:

Marcellus
11-19-2019, 08:29 AM
It was an ugly but good win. Shouldn't have been that close, dropped INT and the refs ****ing up and stopping the clock made it much closer at the end.

Nice write up Jorge.

ptlyon
11-19-2019, 08:45 AM
La Bamba ROFL

rabblerouser
11-19-2019, 08:48 AM
Muy bueno, vato!

Bwana
11-19-2019, 09:02 AM
Muchas Gracias Señor Blowfish!

InChiefsHeaven
11-19-2019, 09:18 AM
Muchas gracias senor Jorge, excellente para siempre! Mis equipo favorito es los Jefes del Ciudad de Kansas!

Vamos Jefes!

...best I can do. Hope it's right...heh.

That was another weird one for sure. A game we should have lost, right after a game we should have won. I think this team is trying to kill me...again...

Pointer19
11-19-2019, 09:34 AM
Clark really can't do that. He is the head of the International competition committee so I just don't see how he can say that his team won't play internationally. :shrug:

As head of the committee, Clark should dissolve the committee. ROFL

Thank ya, George. It’s a lot better to read these after a W.

2bikemike
11-19-2019, 09:42 AM
Una Victoria es Una Victoria! Incluso si es feo!

Wow it certainly was ugly! But a win is a win! To me it feels twice as good to win one against the Chargers. Must be because I live in enemy territory. Well I used to until the Bolts lost their home. Now their just squatters.

Thanks for the write up Mr. Blowfish. Having cut the cord I have taken to listening to the game on the radio so your take is always appreciated. As well as the takes of all who post on the thread.

threebag
11-19-2019, 11:09 AM
:thumb: nice gblow as always.

J E T S Jets! Jets! Jets!

Frosty
11-19-2019, 11:26 AM
What a football weekend.

First, my Beavers try to blow a 2 TD lead and end up winning mainly due to Herm Edwards' dumb ass.

Then the Chiefs try to blow a 2 TD lead and end up winning mainly due to Rivers' dumb ass.

I'm getting too old for this shit.

gblowfish
11-19-2019, 12:31 PM
I had to go take a little walk around the basement and throw a load of laundry in the washer during the last two minutes. It was hard to watch.

scho63
11-19-2019, 01:10 PM
Last night I kept falling asleep during the game and missed much like the Tyrann's INT and Fentons as well. First time I missed part of a Chiefs game in many. many years.

I did however see the great Kelce TD and Dirty Dans INT plus Tyrann dropping a baby that fell into his hands. I could have caught that.

It was a weird game in many respects and to win the turnover battle by +3 and win by just 7 means something went wrong. In this case our D let up nearly 130 more yards for a nice 438 total but luckily the Chargers got Rivered.

Mahomes looked tentative in some respects but he used his feet wisely and timely to keep the Chiefs in business. We were 6-13 on 3rd down and held the Chargers to 5-15 so that's a good thing.

If someone said Mahomes would be out passed 345-180 by Rivers, you would think we lost.

Sammy Watkins is a turd and glad this will be his last year. He blew his load in the first game and hasn't come close to performing as a #2 with the money we are paying him.

Hopefully Tyreeks hammy will recover for the Raiders game and not something worse.

The OL looked ok but we still are getting too many injuries.

Once again too many yards on penalties, over 100 and that sucks after we started getting better.

Overall a good win for the team as a loss would have been devastating considering the standings in the AFC.

Thanks George and Viva Los Mexico!

gblowfish
11-19-2019, 04:58 PM
I think Mahomes still has a little hitch in his stride when he runs. Probably a little bit of ankle, and little bit of kneecap, but he was still fast enough to get the job done. Hope he completely heals up over the bye period, or at least gets better enough where he doesn't think about either injury.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
11-19-2019, 05:00 PM
I think Mahomes still has a little hitch in his stride when he runs. Probably a little bit of ankle, and little bit of kneecap, but he was still fast enough to get the job done. Hope he completely heals up over the bye period, or at least gets better enough where he doesn't think about either injury.

Well he is wearing a brace

MahiMike
11-19-2019, 05:10 PM
Chiefs have now won 10 of the last 11 vs the Dolts. Guess which game I was at?

I was sure they were gonna go down and score a TD, then go for 2 and wreck our Banjo.

I've been bitching about our D getting turnovers and they got them all in 1 game. If special teams were at all 'special' they'd have 2 other turnovers. But they were too slow getting down there.

I just hope Rivers stays on the Chargers and Elway stays with the Donks.

Megatron96
11-19-2019, 05:13 PM
Frank actually had two sacks, but they took one away and called it an INT for whatever reason. Slo-mo replay clearly shows that it was a strip/sack.

I think we're being a little too hard on Andy and the offense concerning the last couple drives and the lack of points. Andy dialed up some good plays, but in one instance, Pat flat over-threw McCoy twice and the second resulted in McCoy's concussion. Not saying that was Pat's fault, just that they didn't work, and one of the results was losing our primary RB.

Another thing was the fact that we were playing at 30,000 ft. I knew this would be a problem for both our OL and DL towards the end of the game, and would probably result in some sloppy play. Which is certainly did.

Add in the fact that Fisher was obviously a little rusty and had a few bad plays, which allowed rushers to get inside of him, affecting the play a couple times.

But the whole OL showed signs of fatigue and shortness of breath on those last drives. And that Chargers DL is one of the better ones in the NFL. So we saw some porous pass pro, a couple flags, etc. Andy probably realized all of that, and dialed up plays that favored quick releases and more running, to protect his OL from having to over-exert themselves. So I'm inclined to give Andy and the offense as a whole a bit of a pass for those last two drives. We don't have to play another game above 5,000 ft. so I think the OL will play better through the stretch.

And I'm very hopeful that Hill will be back for the Patriots, ditto McCoy and Damien, so I think we'll be in pretty good shape in a couple weeks.

Wallcrawler
11-19-2019, 05:14 PM
I thought Mahomes was running pretty well considering he'd dislocated his kneecap in week 7. No hesitation on those that he took off on, I was just happy to see him sliding or going out of bounds without taking any cheap shots.

I think the fact that Mahomes is such a likeable dude helps him out on some of that cheapness. There was one play where Melvin Ingram could have really plastered him, and he didnt. I've seen in some micd up footage where guys dont destroy him and hes like "appreciate it man" and they smack his helmet or pads.

Good to see.

Randallflagg
11-19-2019, 06:24 PM
Great read, as usual Mi Amigo!

Easy 6
11-19-2019, 06:24 PM

Yep, while he was very effective it still seemed like he was running “gingerly” for lack of a better word, like he still wasn’t 100% confident with it

And that’s fine by me, he needs to baby that knee (and the rest of him) as much as possible week in and week out... good stuff as always, Mr Blowfish