PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Mahomes is doing something I've never seen and am worried

synthesis2
11-18-2019, 11:49 PM
So last season ( I know he was 95-100 percent) he was willing to do whatever it took on the field and had this fearlessness about him when he played. Yes he threw some picks last year but also just flat out balled.

This season I know he has been hurt and he has done good but this last game against the Chargers something looked way off. Like he lost a fire in his eyes or something, after the pick he just became check down Charlie and a bit alex smit@ . his average yards to pass was WAYYY under his normal average. I get the chargers have a good defense but they are certainly not elite.

Hopefully he is sick or something because the version of Mahomes I saw today was just plain average for the NFL. Made a couple of throws but couldn't close anything out and I know we didn't have Hill but we had Kelce, Hardman and Watkins and that should be enough.

Anyway hoping I'm over reacting but he looked different today and you could see it in his eyes.

Hammock Parties
11-18-2019, 11:51 PM
dude was throwing molten hot magma a week ago

get a clue

ChiTown
11-18-2019, 11:52 PM
He’s leading the League in yards per game. He’s Jesus Christ in cleats. Come on, Man!

Pitt Gorilla
Just stop.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
Thought I was reading a Deberg thread at first

comochiefsfan
I was at that Ravens game last year when he dug deep and basically singlehandedly willed us to victory. It was absolutely incredible.

I haven’t seen that Pat all season long to be honest.

Not saying he hasn’t been good this year, he’s been phenomenal for the most part. But you’re spot on about the killer instinct being missing.

I’m afraid Fat Andy’s conservative nature might be rubbing off on him a little too much.

IowaHawkeyeChief
11-18-2019, 11:53 PM
Yea he was checking the fuck down... Tyreek was out early which changes things drastically and Fisher and LDT were rusty and out of shape which is understandable and they were playing one of the best fronts in football. Did you not watch the game and see how little time he had to throw?

BWillie
11-18-2019, 11:54 PM
If he didn't didn't start dinking and dunking we would have lost. The deep ball wasn't there today.

IowaHawkeyeChief
11-18-2019, 11:55 PM
I was at that Ravens game last year when he dug deep and basically singlehandedly willed us to victory. It was absolutely incredible.

I haven’t seen that Pat all season long to be honest.

Not saying he hasn’t been good this year, he’s been phenomenal for the most part. But you’re spot on about the killer instinct being missing.

I’m afraid Fat Andy’s conservative nature might be rubbing off on him a little too much.

Fuck there is some stupid in CP tonight... We have been decimated with injuries.

Oh and that killer instinct that moved us 35 yards in 17 seconds to get a last minute FG attempt at Tennessee... Fucking retards on here.

Imon Yourside
11-18-2019, 11:55 PM
Tell the Oline to give him more than 2 seconds to throw or run for his life and I bet things change a bit.

chiefforlife
11-18-2019, 11:56 PM
He did exactly what he needed to do. The deep shots werent working and killing drives. He went with what the Defense was giving. Not having Tyreek eliminated a lot of things that open up deep shots.
Ugly game but still a W.

No need to worry about Patrick. He is going to light up the Raiders, just wait.

ChiefEd
11-18-2019, 11:57 PM
Agreed. I don’t think he likes (or knows how) to lose yet. The fire in his eyes (or lack thereof) looks like ‘I’m doing everything I can and we’re still losing’. Sounds like a dumb thing to say, but a QB needs to understand you can’t win them all. Win like a champ, lose like a champ....

comochiefsfan
**** there is some stupid in CP tonight... We have been decimated with injuries.

Oh and that killer instinct that moved us 35 yards in 17 seconds to get a last minute FG attempt at Tennessee... ****ing retards on here.

Didn’t close the game out the drive before. Couldn’t close the game out tonight.

I don’t know if it’s just Andy’s play calls, but he sure has seemed to lower his eyes awfully quickly these last couple games.

FloridaMan88
Chargers defense was focused on taking away the deep passing plays and no Tyreek hurt.

Then Andy unleashed the Alex Smith offense on the last four offensive possessions.

Mahomes is fine.

-King-
11-18-2019, 11:58 PM
What's going on with CP this season? Seriously...there's hot takes and then there's shit like this. Wtf?

synthesis2
11-18-2019, 11:59 PM
Look I'm not saying he was bad, just saying I haven't seen him have a night like this since he has been a pro, that's all.

The part that worries me is he had a bit of a defeated look on his face tonight and didn't have much energy.

I mean don't get me wrong, a win is a win but just worried he Fat Andy will revert him back to a check down machine. God I hope not.

mnchiefsguy
11-18-2019, 11:59 PM
JFC.....Mahomes had an average game...for the first time in almost two full years of starting.

I know we have high expectations...but seriously...one mediocre game is not a sign of Mahomes career suddenly going into the shitter.

mnchiefsguy
11-19-2019, 12:00 AM
Look I'm not saying he was bad, just saying I haven't seen him have a night like this since he has been a pro, that's all.

The part that worries me is he had a bit of a defeated look on his face tonight and didn't have much energy.

I mean don't get me wrong, a win is a win but just worried he Fat Andy will revert him back to a check down machine. God I hope not.

Did you see him at the end of the game when Dirty Dan made the last INT?

He had plenty of fucking energy..they were playing at 7000 ft or whatever...everyone was gassed.

Hammock Parties
11-19-2019, 12:01 AM
synthesis didn't want wallcrawler to be the dumbest poster on CP tonight

stevieray
You've been spoiled and are expecting too much.

ChiTown

Dude, you are seriously grasping at something that isn’t even remotely there. Shut your computer down, take a shot of whiskey, brush your teeth and go jerk one off. You’ll feel tons better in the morning. You’re welcome!

KC Hawks
ROFL

Rasputin
11-19-2019, 12:02 AM

You are wrong

God you are wrong

IowaHawkeyeChief
11-19-2019, 12:03 AM
synthesis didn't want wallcrawler to be the dumbest poster on CP tonight

:LOL:

Rasputin
11-19-2019, 12:04 AM
Dude, you are seriously grasping at something that isn’t even remotely there. Shut your computer down, take a shot of whiskey, brush your teeth and go jerk one off. You’ll feel tons better in the morning. You’re welcome!

Take this mans advise

Pitt Gorilla
11-19-2019, 12:04 AM

I mean don't get me wrong, a win is a win but just worried he Fat Andy will revert him back to a check down machine. God I hope not.No, you saw something "in his eyes" or whatthe****ever.

chiefzilla1501
11-19-2019, 12:06 AM
It takes a spoiled fan to not see that 1 or 2 bad games per season is a sign of the sky falling. Mahomes is fine. He had accuracy, mobility, fire. We just didn't produce on offense. It happens, but don't expect it to happen much again.

Nickhead
11-19-2019, 12:08 AM
and you all say i post dumb threads ROFL

Rasputin
11-19-2019, 12:11 AM
and you all say i post dumb threads ROFL

Well you do but not the dumbest threads :D

suzzer99
11-19-2019, 12:19 AM
I don't know why you guys always have a grand mal seizure on even the tiniest criticism of Mahomes. The fact is he looked pretty Smiff-like in the 4th Q - looking to check down or run, seeming to not look downfield that much. Even when he had a free play in the 3rd Q I think - he decided to throw a 5 yard pass for some reason.

I wouldn't say I'm in any way scared about this. But I do feel like we've seen a more human side of him this year. I also felt like for the first time maybe his confidence wasn't 100% for whatever reason.

I'd say it's normal - every player no matter how great goes through a reckoning period after some initial godlikeness where their confidence is sky high. Tony G had his huge sophomore slump. I have 100% confidence Mahomes will push through it and be even greater as a winning QB. But I think it's silly to freak out any time someone questions Mahomes status as in infallible living god.

mnchiefsguy
11-19-2019, 12:22 AM
I don't know why you guys always have a grand mal seizure on even the tiniest criticism of Mahomes. The fact is he looked pretty Smiff-like in the 4th Q - looking to check down or run, seeming to not look downfield that much. Even when he had a free play in the 3rd Q I think - he decided to throw a 5 yard pass for some reason.

I wouldn't say I'm in any way scared about this. But I do feel like we've seen a more human side of him this year. I also felt like for the first time maybe his confidence wasn't 100% for whatever reason.

I'd say it's normal - every player no matter how great goes through a reckoning period after some initial godlikeness where their confidence is sky high. Tony G had his huge sophomore slump. But I think it's silly to freak out any time someone questions Mahomes status as in infallible living god.

Fact is, Pat missed on three screen passes in the 4th qtr...one was tipped. If the two that were not tipped were on target they both get first downs and we are not having this conversation.

Pat had some good moments tonight, but overall, he was average to below average, and he admitted as much in the post game interview.

Offense has some work to do during the bye week...and I believe Pat will get it done.

Nickhead
11-19-2019, 12:23 AM
im telling you man, mahomes was simply unable to dial back his throwing motion for the higher altitude :thumb:

cabletech94
11-19-2019, 12:27 AM
way i see it, reek goes out. reid and co went into a conservative playcall the rest of the game. don't need to give out any tape to the upcoming games.
with reek on the sideline for the entire game w/ full gear on, i think it was just overly precaution.
no harm, no foul. of course i wanted to see him running as the lot of you did. but there was no reason to.
not yet anyway.

-King-
11-19-2019, 12:37 AM

I'd say it's normal - every player no matter how great goes through a reckoning period after some initial godlikeness where their confidence is sky high. Tony G had his huge sophomore slump. I have 100% confidence Mahomes will push through it and be even greater as a winning QB. But I think it's silly to freak out any time someone questions Mahomes status as in infallible living god.

This wasn't someone saying Mahomes didn't have a good game. I think most people would say that. This thread was him saying he's worried about Mahomes. Because of one fucking game in an environment he's never had to play in. That's dumb as fuck.

Hammock Parties
11-19-2019, 12:39 AM
Here, dumbass.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">You’ll hear it on the <a href="https://twitter.com/4thAnd1Podcast?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@4thAnd1Podcast</a> later but I’ll put it here too. The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> face some circumstances tonight with the field that took away some of their precision and timing routes. And altitude that wore them out a lot quicker tonight than normal.</p>&mdash; Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jacobs71/status/1196676657131724801?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 19, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

UK_Chief
11-19-2019, 01:06 AM
Doing what it takes to win. Absolutely fine with that. Not going to be highlight reel throws every play. Plus he had some nice throws

TribalElder
11-19-2019, 01:07 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EJtvZwvWoAAPdon?format=jpg&name=large

RaidersOftheCellar
11-19-2019, 01:08 AM
Altitide most have been a factor. I’ll bet they party on Oakland.

ChiefsFanatic
11-19-2019, 01:11 AM
Here, dumbass.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">You’ll hear it on the <a href="https://twitter.com/4thAnd1Podcast?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@4thAnd1Podcast</a> later but I’ll put it here too. The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> face some circumstances tonight with the field that took away some of their precision and timing routes. And altitude that wore them out a lot quicker tonight than normal.</p>— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jacobs71/status/1196676657131724801?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 19, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>That field was terrible. I am very surprised that someone didn't injure a knee. Like Pringle when he tried to put the brakes on and reverse direction, but his feet just tore up grass and went out from under him.

But I will also say that the offensive play calling has looked different lately, compared to the first few weeks of the season, including the games that Tyreek missed.

Watkins and Robinson have been almost forgotten since they each had their big game. And Reid looks like he has no confidence in any of our running backs. In the first few weeks of the season we were running jet sweeps, fake jet sweeps, etc. and now when we need 2 yards Reid looks like he isn't sure what to call.

Not that a jet sweep is the answer to 3rd and 2, but Reid was a master at designing misdirection plays in order to get our fast guys the ball in open space, and now we don't really run any of those types of plays.

Mahomes is playing at an incredibly high level, even when he isn't throwing for 300 yards, and maybe some of the people who are worried just don't understand how nuanced his football IQ is, and can't see the brilliance in the little things that PM2 does.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Buehler445
11-19-2019, 01:11 AM
The short shot is what was working. Execution was poor across all 3 units.

If shit isn’t working continuing to kill drives with big shots, which despite how easy he makes them look are REALLY HARD, is not the correct course of action.

He did what he should have.

JakeF
11-19-2019, 01:14 AM
I understand the OP's opinion. It seems like Mahomes isn't as aggressive and isn't throwing the long bombs like he did last year. Last year Mahomes seem to hit everything. If you look at his numbers the "appearance" doesn't match the stats.

This year his numbers are actually a little better than last year.

Completion %
2018 - 66.0
2019 - 66.3

Yards Per Completion
2018 - 13.3
2019 - 13.6

Yards Per game
2018 - 318.6
2019 - 328.3

You can go through all his stats and this year they are almost all slightly better despite the way it "feels". :p

Mahomes may be playing a little bit uglier this year but his numbers are up.

Tribal Warfare
11-19-2019, 01:16 AM
You've been spoiled and are expecting too much.

Yep, I'll never take Patrick for granted

Buehler445
11-19-2019, 01:17 AM
I understand the OP's opinion. It seems like Mahomes isn't as aggressive and isn't throwing the long bombs like he did last year. Last year Mahomes seem to hit everything. If you look at his numbers the "appearance" doesn't match the stats.

This year his numbers are actually a little better than last year.

Completion %
2018 - 66.0
2019 - 66.3

Yards Per Completion
2018 - 13.3
2019 - 13.6

Yards Per game
2018 - 318.6
2019 - 328.3

You can go through all his stats and this year they are almost all slightly better despite the way it "feels". :p

Mahomes may be playing a little bit uglier this year but his numbers are up.
Mahomes missed a metric fuckton of long balls last year by just a little bit. Then We embarrassed fools the first 3 weeks and teams have just decided they aren’t going to get beat deep.

JakeF
11-19-2019, 01:27 AM
Mahomes missed a metric fuckton of long balls last year by just a little bit. Then We embarrassed fools the first 3 weeks and teams have just decided they aren’t going to get beat deep.
Mahomes is throwing a lot of mid-range passes instead of a few long bombs. His yards per completion is actually up.

Defenses would be better off going back to letting him throw bombs and stopping all the mid-range stuff. :D

Mahomesmyman
11-19-2019, 02:02 AM
Why do you care what happens in regular season? These games are just warmup for real games that start in january.

That's when true greats are separated from regular season greats.

PAChiefsGuy
11-19-2019, 02:44 AM
Despite what some here think Mahomes isnt God. He is going to have some bad games. All great QBs do. Brady, Rodgers, Montana, P Manning, etc. You can't expect Mahomes to light it up every game.

He had a bad game. It happens. I'm sure he and the offense will bounce back next wk. Too much talent for them not to.

I think more concerning is our oline. Ingram was killing us. Hope Fisher gets his shit together but he was probably just rusty.

carcosa
11-19-2019, 03:09 AM
Great thread!!!!!

TwistedChief
11-19-2019, 03:21 AM
Despite what some here think Mahomes isnt God.

You kiss your mother with that mouth?

Coochie liquor
11-19-2019, 04:17 AM
This is the same defense that shit Aaron Rodgers Down. Made him have one of the worst games of his career. Sharters have a good defense. Luckily they have Phyllis holding them back.

Chiefs=Champions
11-19-2019, 04:27 AM
There's some stupid threads on chiefsplanet, but my god... dude took numerous hits to complete passes.

DaNewGuy
11-19-2019, 04:39 AM
You mean to tell me he isn't throwing for 400 yards every game, trade him for a 4th rounder while we still can

Coochie liquor
11-19-2019, 04:40 AM
You mean to tell me he isn't throwing for 400 yards every game, trade him for a 4th rounder while we still can

Then sign Kap.

chefs fan in omaha
11-19-2019, 05:22 AM
I think he is tired from all the commercials he made in the off season

lawrenceRaider
11-19-2019, 05:31 AM
Yea he was checking the fuck down... Tyreek was out early which changes things drastically and Fisher and LDT were rusty and out of shape which is understandable and they were playing one of the best fronts in football. Did you not watch the game and see how little time he had to throw?

This. Chargers DL is one of the top 2 or 3 at rushing the QB in the NFL. Not sure anyone has a better rush duo on the outside, and they can push the pocket from the interior.

493rd
11-19-2019, 06:47 AM
Well, Chargers have a good defense led by a ferocious pass rush. Oh, and our O line has struggled all fucking year and tonight was no different. Add in Cheetah going out early and you have a recipe for offensive mediocrity. But, saying the look in his eyes was different tonight is like Stallone in 87’; it’s over the top.

oldman
11-19-2019, 06:51 AM
I don't have any problems dinking and dunking when the deep ball isn't there. First, it keeps the other team's offense off the field (giving our D a break) and it moves the chains. While I do like to see a 50 yard bomb every once in awhile, I like winning more.

kcclone
11-19-2019, 06:53 AM
Reid has built a soft OL with average or below RB’s so we are totally dependent on Tyreek to stretch the field.

Without him we are a lot easier to defend. Still better than average, but not as explosive as last year.

Without Hunt plus all the injuries, it’s understandable that we’re not as clutch at scoring as we were last season.

Dunerdr
11-19-2019, 06:56 AM
i may be in the minority but id like to see him take the safe throws more often. several times weve fucked ourselves going for home runs when we just need to get on base and sustain a drive.

jerryaldini
11-19-2019, 07:04 AM
In the pregame meal Pat was like, do you have anything besides Mexican food?

mdchiefsfan
11-19-2019, 08:00 AM
I think there were two reasons for the display we saw last night:

1) The field was trash. No one could maintain a grip on that turf. When the offense is predicated on speed, this is bad news for your offense. I think that reason - as well as the Chiefs rough rush defense - is why the Chargers ran the ball so much. Terrible field conditions lead to a bullet through a game plan the Chiefs’ offense would prefer to deploy.

2) The altitude. It’s hard to keep sending the WRs on deep go-routes when they’re easier to gas out.

Combine those two facts and you get play sequences like 3 straight screen attempts in an effort to close out the game. The Chiefs got the win and seems to have emerged from the game relatively healthy when all is considered.

Great game, Chiefs. On to the next.

FringeNC
11-19-2019, 08:11 AM
There are really no on-field takeaways from the game given the field conditions and altitude. Let's just hope Hill will be okay soon.

Only real takeaway is Andy loves to play not-to-lose football at the end of the game. :(

DRM08
11-19-2019, 08:18 AM
He was awful last night. ESPN still graded him at 70 QBR. By comparison, Aaron Rodgers was graded 14 QBR against the Chargers.

InChiefsHeaven
11-19-2019, 09:03 AM
Chargers were playing for their lives, and they have a really good defense. We're banged up and out of shape in that altitude. The field was shit and that hurts a team that is predicated on speed.

All that is true. The defense took a lot of things away, and our offense was really sub-par last night. It is what it is. We got the win, and most importantly, we got out of Mexico City. We had a 4 game stretch that everyone thought we'd go 2-2 in...and guess what...we went 2-2. Not the way we thought but the end result is what was expected.

Pat will be fine. Bye week to rest everyone and get Fish and LDT fully healthy and a home game against a division rival who is surprisingly nipping at our heels.

This is professional football fellas. They all get paid and they all are exceptional athletes. We're not going to put up circus numbers every week.

In the immortal words of Aaron Rogers...relaaaaax...

tredadda
11-19-2019, 09:20 AM
Mahomes is fine. What is concerning is that our stable of RBs are meh at best. Watkins by and large is irrelevant, especially for what we are paying him. Robinson had a good game or two at the beginning of the year but other than that is mostly invisible. Hardman has a huge play every other game or third game, other than that he is a non factor. Our backup TEs are so bad I actually miss Harris. Our offensive play calling at the end of games (run, run, screen) is a recipe to lose. Those are bigger issues on offense than Mahomes who had one off game.

TomBarndtsTwin
11-19-2019, 09:26 AM
Mahomes had an ‘off’ night. Hell, he even said as much in post game interviews.

Whether there were other contributing factors (altitude, Tyreek going out early, Chargers pass rush, our O-Line, etc.) can certainly be debated.

But he didn’t have his best game. It’s okay. Shit happens. He’ll be fine and be lighting shit up in 2 weeks. Of all the things to worry about with this team, Pat is at the very bottom of the list.

Mama Hip Rockets
11-19-2019, 09:28 AM
Did anyone else think he looked sick last night? He looked kind of pale and looked like he had bags under his eyes.

rabblerouser
11-19-2019, 09:29 AM
Did I fuck up and wander into another UQueefyBugger thread?

Da fuck is this shit??

TripleThreat
11-19-2019, 09:35 AM
So last season ( I know he was 95-100 percent) he was willing to do whatever it took on the field and had this fearlessness about him when he played. Yes he threw some picks last year but also just flat out balled.

This season I know he has been hurt and he has done good but this last game against the Chargers something looked way off. Like he lost a fire in his eyes or something, after the pick he just became check down Charlie and a bit alex smit@ . his average yards to pass was WAYYY under his normal average. I get the chargers have a good defense but they are certainly not elite.

Hopefully he is sick or something because the version of Mahomes I saw today was just plain average for the NFL. Made a couple of throws but couldn't close anything out and I know we didn't have Hill but we had Kelce, Hardman and Watkins and that should be enough.

Anyway hoping I'm over reacting but he looked different today and you could see it in his eyes.

Op makes zero sense.

Good qbs have bad days, look at Brady this last week or drew brewes the week before vs Atlanta where they failed to even score a touchdown.

dannybcaitlyn
11-19-2019, 09:41 AM
I think they should let Mahomes make the play call on crucial 3rd down conversions.

Prison Bitch
11-19-2019, 10:22 AM
If he didn't didn't start dinking and dunking we would have lost. The deep ball wasn't there today.

Bull

Deep ball is always there with the ways the rules are set up.

rabblerouser
11-19-2019, 10:26 AM
Bull

Deep ball is always there with the ways the rules are set up.

And interceptions are always there with the way the Chargers were playing the back end.

And sacks are always there with this Oline and their AIDS.

Fuck that shit. Dink and dunk and run for the win. Mahomes played great, imho.

JoeDelaney37
11-19-2019, 10:27 AM
Oh and that killer instinct that moved us 35 yards in 17 seconds to get a last minute FG attempt at Tennessee... ****ing retards on here.
That was an effort, not a killer instinct. Killer instinct would have gotten enough yards to do the job.

siberian khatru
11-19-2019, 10:33 AM
Did anyone else think he looked sick last night? He looked kind of pale and looked like he had bags under his eyes.

Maybe playing halfway to the moon had something to do with that.

Pitt Gorilla
11-19-2019, 10:39 AM
Mahomes had an ‘off’ night. Hell, he even said as much in post game interviews.

Whether there were other contributing factors (altitude, Tyreek going out early, Chargers pass rush, our O-Line, etc.) can certainly be debated.

But he didn’t have his best game. It’s okay. Shit happens. He’ll be fine and be lighting shit up in 2 weeks. Of all the things to worry about with this team, Pat is at the very bottom of the list.He did, but that "off" night was largely due to our Oline not being able to block and the thin air. Mahomes is beyond fine.

ModSocks
11-19-2019, 10:57 AM

I knew this topic was coming so i had time to think about it this morning.

My perspective:

This is merely a part of his maturation process. He's learning how to work within the confinements of the offense. He's learning what "take what the defense gives you" really means. I think he's working hard at throwing within the structure instead of relying purely on talent.

With that comes some less spectacular throws. Less forced balls. Sometimes getting even a little too conservative.

As he gets better at small ball (lets be honest, the Chiefs have SUCKED at small ball in 2019) he'll be able to weave it into his game like second nature and know better when to lets the nuts hang and when to play conservative.

I hope i explained that right.

kysirsoze
11-19-2019, 11:00 AM
Anyway hoping I'm over reacting...

I've got some good news!

mdchiefsfan
11-19-2019, 11:57 AM
I knew this topic was coming so i had time to think about it this morning.

My perspective:

This is merely a part of his maturation process. He's learning how to work within the confinements of the offense. He's learning what "take what the defense gives you" really means. I think he's working hard at throwing within the structure instead of relying purely on talent.

With that comes some less spectacular throws. Less forced balls. Sometimes getting even a little too conservative.

As he gets better at small ball (lets be honest, the Chiefs have SUCKED at small ball in 2019) he'll be able to weave it into his game like second nature and know better when to lets the nuts hang and when to play conservative.

I hope i explained that right.

I was thinking along these lines last night. Hopefully Mexico City is off our plate for a bit.

I’d bet the location (turf and altitude) had a bulk of the responsibility for both teams’ terrible offensive performances; our defense just capitalized more on Rivers for trying to push it further than Mahomes did.

New World Order
11-19-2019, 12:05 PM
It's okay. LA has a good d. Personnel wise it's among the top in the NFL.

They just shut out Rodgers a couple of weeks ago.

rabblerouser
11-19-2019, 12:35 PM
You kiss your mother with that mouth?

Please forgive him, for he doth not know of which he speaketh.

synthesis2
11-19-2019, 03:11 PM
This wasn't someone saying Mahomes didn't have a good game. I think most people would say that. This thread was him saying he's worried about Mahomes. Because of one ****ing game in an environment he's never had to play in. That's dumb as ****.

No I’m not saying anything about Mahomes and that he has lost it. What I’m saying is that I love his risk taking and pushing it down the field and after the pick he folded up and went alex smith. I love Mahomes and think higher of him than any other QB. Hell maybe it’s a Fat Andy thing and he called for all of this dink and dunk throws . I’m just making the point that he looked different . Altitude or field could absolutely be the reason and I hope it is. First game I’ve seen him look mortal.