PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Pat running the ball...do we like it?

UChieffyBugger
11-19-2019, 03:50 AM
Obviously, he's no Mike Vick, Cam Newton or Lamar Jackson with the ball In his hands!! :evil:. But when he does run with the ball I can't help but think of someone like Russell Wilson? What makes Russell so effective is he came into the league and was good on his feet, but as the years have passed he's become more of a passer but yet game in, game out he'll find a way to extend drives with two or three runs for twenty plus yards and those plays are vital to his teams success. Should this be something that Pat adds to his game on a more regular basis moving forward or nah?

He was our leading rusher against Detroit and he did the same tonight in a game where the passing offense wasn't at it's devastating best and we got two wins. IF Pat starts to run more often when the lanes are wide open then that takes things to a whole new level imo because what does a DC do? IF there is a threat of Pat running then they would have to consider a spy on occasions and that opens up the back end.

It's just something to ponder...and again I stress the lanes would have to be WIDE OPEN!!....full stop.

Rasputin
11-19-2019, 03:52 AM
I like to win

His running is fine he slides rather than going head first. He is a quarterback they sometimes run.

What is he suppose to do go full Cassell or Damon Huard?

DaNewGuy
11-19-2019, 03:54 AM
I'm just glad he ain't like Josh Allen who tries to take on every defender . Dude has 2 -3 year shelf life with his style of play

UChieffyBugger
11-19-2019, 03:57 AM
I like to win

His running is fine he slides rather than going head first. He is a quarterback they sometimes run.

What is he suppose to do go full Cassell or Damon Huard?

But these games where he's rushed for several yards are few and far between. I'm saying maybe he could make it a more regular thing? Especially when it comes to third and short etc.

Megatron96
11-19-2019, 03:58 AM
Mahomes is really very smart about how he runs; never takes a big hit, always knows where the sticks are, etc. He's never going to run first; he's a passer then a runner, which is great. He didn't have the greatest day throwing today, but he did enough to get us a lead and keep it. The defense bailed out the team today.

UChieffyBugger
11-19-2019, 03:58 AM
I'm just glad he ain't like Josh Allen who tries to take on every defender . Dude has 2 -3 year shelf life with his style of play

LOL Josh Allen is probably just as effective at running as Lamar but Lamar gets all the hype because he does it with style while Josh just tries to run over people :D .

Megatron96
11-19-2019, 04:01 AM
LOL Josh Allen is probably just as effective at running as Lamar but Lamar gets all the hype because he does it with style while Josh just tries to run over people :D .

Josh Allen doesn't run a 4.3; and he's simply not the runner that Lamar is, period.

Mahomesmyman
11-19-2019, 04:02 AM
Don't like it. With team like this regular season is meaningless. Just get Pat healthy in to playoffs.

DaNewGuy
11-19-2019, 04:07 AM
I'm just really glad our qb doesnt try to take on dlineman

PAChiefsGuy
11-19-2019, 04:11 AM
I like it. It is another threat Ds have to worry about.

He just has to stay disciplined w it and not take big hits.

Rasputin
11-19-2019, 04:13 AM
But these games where he's rushed for several yards are few and far between. I'm saying maybe he could make it a more regular thing? Especially when it comes to third and short etc.

Patrick is smart guy he wants to get the ball to the play makers he is the conductor he knows how to orchestrate scoring drives.

kjwood75nro
11-19-2019, 04:28 AM
Mahomes' scrambling is so natural and underrated, you have to wonder where he came from.

https://youtu.be/jSgcaCSoRSc

UK_Chief
11-19-2019, 04:33 AM
As long as he gets out of bounds quick.

DaNewGuy
11-19-2019, 04:33 AM

Wutttt... those two are not the same bruh lmao

-King-
11-19-2019, 04:34 AM
No, I hate first downs.

LMAO what kind of question is this?

UChieffyBugger
11-19-2019, 04:57 AM
No, I hate first downs.

SMH why is there always one clown who can't read properly? :banghead: I'm merely asking if folks would like to see Pat rush the ball more as these sort of games are few and far between...get a clue please.

UChieffyBugger
11-19-2019, 04:59 AM
Wutttt... those two are not the same bruh lmao

Josh is a very good runner of the ball in his own way. He's not as talented as Lamar, but he's very effective imo.

Red Dawg
11-19-2019, 05:02 AM
Covers up big problems. OL are weak and suck and our running game is shit.

lawrenceRaider
11-19-2019, 05:22 AM
No, I hate first downs.

LMAO

No kidding. KC probably doesn't win last night without Mahomes running.

ETA: He looked good running as well. Has to be hopeful for the KC faithful.

dannybcaitlyn
11-19-2019, 06:09 AM
Pat has to run with this crappy o-line!

rabblerouser
11-19-2019, 06:14 AM
No, I hate first downs.

It's a UQuheefyBurger thread.

It's like if a DeBerg thread took a dump on a Ubeja thread, then it got filtered through BWillie.

scho63
11-19-2019, 06:42 AM
Mahomes runs as a last resort, not part of the play design.

That works for me.

Aspengc8
11-19-2019, 06:46 AM
Don't like it. With team like this regular season is meaningless. Just get Pat healthy in to playoffs.

Gotta get there first.

stevieray
11-19-2019, 06:48 AM
....it doesn't matter if we like it.

Deberg_1990
11-19-2019, 06:51 AM
I’m all about winning and making plays that give you the best chance for success. If running is the best option, then go for it.

It’s football. Injuries can happen on any play.

stevieray
11-19-2019, 06:53 AM
I’m all about Deshaun Watson.

:p

Jewish Rabbi
11-19-2019, 07:11 AM
UChieffyBugger making threads... do we like it???

Hammock Parties
11-19-2019, 07:19 AM
When the OL is playing like last night, he has to bring out that Alexian style.

lcarus
11-19-2019, 07:44 AM
When the OL is playing like last night, he has to bring out that Alexian style.

Patrick Mahomes in Alex Smith mode: 1-0

mdchiefsfan
11-19-2019, 08:06 AM
To be honest, I completely forgot about that aspect of his game thanks to the slew of leg injuries he has sustained over the course of the season. I think the Chargers forgot too, until he broke the first one. The CBs were terrified of being burned over the top and never looked back to see the action.

Pat rushing planted that reminder in the Chargers’ minds and it opened somethings up for the Chiefs. I’m good with him running when he runs and preserves himself the way he did last night.

tmax63
11-19-2019, 08:21 AM
I liked what I saw last night with his running. He hasn't ran much at all this year and I don't think the other teams including the Chargers last night are respecting that part of his game. I think he needs to take off at least once or twice every game just to keep them honest. He seems to have learned when and how to slide/get out of bounds so it presents minimal risk while giving the D something else to worry about.

ptlyon
11-19-2019, 08:26 AM
F no I don't like it. Main reason for my constipation recently.

BigRedChief
11-19-2019, 08:28 AM
Why not? He doesn't take chances, protects himself. Makes them commit a defender to at least stop a 20 yard run.

DRM08
11-19-2019, 08:29 AM
I’m good with it when he has plenty of room to get out of bounds or slide. All of his big runs last night seemed to have a lot of space.

Hoover
11-19-2019, 08:48 AM
at no point on his runs last night did he put himself in danger of getting hurt.

I think this needs to be part of his game. Go ahead, play zone or man on all our WRS, because Pat had wide open space to run. Stop forcing the ball, take what the defense give you. Win. Bank.

Flying High D
11-19-2019, 08:52 AM
opens up the back end.

A little more detail on this please. The importance is in the specifics.

rabblerouser
11-19-2019, 08:56 AM
UChieffyBugger making threads... do we like it???

"Not i", says the rab.

Warrick
11-19-2019, 08:56 AM
I love it... It keeps the opposing defense honest. Not to mention, he's healthy now, and if you go back to the archives earlier in his career (H.S. and college) - you'll find he's very good at it.

RedRaider56
11-19-2019, 09:01 AM
Mahomes has gotten smarter about running the ball when needed. I don’t like Reid calling running plays specifically for him

He was clutch last night with some of his runs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Warrick
11-19-2019, 09:09 AM
Mahomes has gotten smarter about running the ball when needed. I don’t like Reid calling running plays specifically for him

He was clutch last night with some of his runs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's definitely smarter, you gotta love the slide in bounds to keep the clock rolling - the little things!

Mama Hip Rockets
11-19-2019, 09:18 AM
Why are there no RANDOM words in all caps in this thread title?

Deberg_1990
11-19-2019, 09:41 AM
:p

Heh. DeShaun is old news. Lamar Jackson is my new boi!

redfan
11-19-2019, 10:00 AM
Naw, man. I don't like it at all. Maybe the Chiefs could get a RB that could carry the load, IDK.

Frosty
11-19-2019, 10:01 AM
It was hilarious when Mahomes picked up a first down by running on one of the final drives and you could see Bosa behind the play jumping up and down, throwing a fit. It's gotta be frustrating for the defense.

Warrick
11-19-2019, 10:05 AM
Naw, man. I don't like it at all. Maybe the Chiefs could get a RB that could carry the load, IDK.

He doesn't run with Lamar Jackson's style... He's a lot smarter than that - minus Jackson's fumbles and risk. But, you're right we do need a trustworthy RB to carry the load.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-19-2019, 10:40 AM
Jackson is a flash in the pan. He won't last running like that

rabblerouser
11-19-2019, 01:13 PM
Why are there no RANDOM words in all caps in this thread title?

We need that. It's like, a sign flashing "STAY OUT!! STAY OUT!!"

The real kicker is, I can't resist barreling up in these threads just to see how stupid the OP is...

UChieffyBugger
11-19-2019, 01:32 PM
It's a UQuheefyBurger thread.

It's like if a DeBerg thread took a dump on a Ubeja thread, then it got filtered through BWillie.

https://www.snopes.com/tachyon/2015/04/crybaby.jpg