PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Baltimore

RaidersOftheCellar
11-21-2019, 10:01 AM
What’s the verdict on these a-holes?

Have they dramatically improved? Are they getting overhyped based on a few performances vs overrated teams?

The Chiefs handled them relatively comfortably, regardless of the final score. Take away the two wobbly ducks thrown up for grabs, and that’s probably a blowout.

Are there any legit reasons to be more scared of them today?

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
11-21-2019, 10:03 AM
If everything stands as is, if we’re the 3 seed we would play Baltimore. 4 seed and we play the Pats

Deberg_1990
11-21-2019, 10:05 AM
Legit team. Their defense has improved. An Absolute assassin at QB.

Nice city.

King_Chief_Fan
11-21-2019, 10:05 AM
Not sure, but I do remember a thread where some thought they hoped Chiefs didn't have to play them again.

493rd
11-21-2019, 10:26 AM
Their defense presents problems for us because we can’t run the ball. Peters was a huge pickup for them and Marlon Humphrey is a stud. They’re going to be a tough out in the playoffs.

wheeler08
11-21-2019, 10:26 AM
Marcus Peters

MahiMike
11-21-2019, 10:29 AM
Baltimore? There are rats in the streets and their ex-mayor just got indicted.

It's a shit hole.

RetiredSeniorChief
11-21-2019, 10:37 AM
I take Mahomes over their QB. I'd take their D over the Chiefs D. I'd take Chiefs WR over theirs. I'd take their RB over ours. Their coach has actually won a SB with a crappy QB. Playing there and they actually stick to running the ball...……..the Chiefs are probably in trouble. But, as long as Mahomes is slinging the ball, the Chiefs are never out of it. It would be a Toss Up game.

ChiTown
11-21-2019, 10:41 AM
They are a legit AFC contender for the SB. Their D can stop the run and the O is very BALANCED. Yeah, they rely a lot on Jackson to run the ball, but he's legit.

Honestly, I think they are the most balanced team, both O & D, in the AFC, and I'm not sure it's even close right now. Now, they have 3 VERY tough games in the next 3 weeks. Will be interesting to see how they fare against those opponents.

jjchieffan
11-21-2019, 10:45 AM
Deberg thinks that their quarterback is for real. This should factor greatly in forming your opinion

Prison Bitch
11-21-2019, 10:45 AM

Nice city.

It’s a shithole. Don’t lie.

BlackHelicopters
11-21-2019, 10:50 AM
Rosebudding

Hammock Parties
11-21-2019, 11:15 AM
2012 49ers

fake news

FloridaMan88
11-21-2019, 11:22 AM
I wouldn’t trust Lamar Jackson in a forced passing situation, i.e. if they were playing from behind.

scho63
11-21-2019, 11:29 AM
As long as we don't start Elvis Grbac I think we will be OK.

carcosa
11-21-2019, 11:30 AM
Meh

Mahomes_Is_God
11-21-2019, 11:35 AM
I wouldn’t trust Lamar Jackson in a forced passing situation, i.e. if they were playing from behind.
This. Action Jackson can't keep up with Mahomey.

Kman34
11-21-2019, 12:15 PM
They play a style of offense that’s a problem for our defense.. but they aren’t stopping Mahomes..

UChieffyBugger
11-21-2019, 12:47 PM
They are front runners who like to bully teams when they smell blood. Even at Arrowhead they were getting to Pat early and getting In his face. They even took the lead too and started flexing. But when we punched the bullies In the mouth what happened? They totally fell apart. We're In their heads and that's obvious by how much their coach was going for it on every fourth down that day. Also folks love to talk about their defense but how many good offenses have they faced? Especially passing offenses? Not many. They beat the Pats but when you really look at that game in detail you would see that for large periods old ass Brady was dicing up that secondary and they were gassed until Edleman fumbled the ball and they picked it up and scored.

They had the ball longer than us and rushed for 200 yards and we still beat them...now with Pennel, Saunders and Ragland In the mix our run defense has improved and whilst they will have Peters we will have Tyreek who didn't play them earlier this season...so what do we have to fear exactly? I just think our offense gives them fits and that's why they struggle against us.

notorious
11-21-2019, 01:12 PM

Nice city.

The last part makes me think your entire post is sarcasm, but it’s not.

Spott
11-21-2019, 01:24 PM
Ed Reed’s brother is still a terrible swimmer.

PAChiefsGuy
11-21-2019, 01:37 PM
Good balanced team that plays old school smash mouth football. Theyll be tough to beat but we match up w them very well.

Kidd Lex
11-21-2019, 01:49 PM

Nice city.

I lived there. Nice city LMAO

493rd
11-21-2019, 01:51 PM
2012 49ers

fake news

Who went to the SB and almost won. Pretty sure we’d take that, no?

Pasta Little Brioni
11-21-2019, 02:12 PM

Nice city.

You are the equivalent of a rotten dog turd

Pasta Little Brioni
11-21-2019, 02:14 PM
Poor man's version of the Kap niners with Kap 2.0 at the helm

Titty Meat
11-21-2019, 02:16 PM
Baltimore is a shithole

cripple creek
11-21-2019, 02:25 PM
only good thing to come out of Baltimore was the wire

bowener
11-21-2019, 02:30 PM
This. Action Jackson can't keep up with Mahomey.

He isn't playing Mahomes. He is playing the Chiefs suspect defense that will have to account for a QB with elite level mobility. Fate was kind when they were scheduled against the Chiefs at home in the third week.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-21-2019, 02:31 PM
Shit accuracy...

BlackHelicopters
11-21-2019, 02:42 PM
A miserable place to visit. Can’t imagine living there.

suzzer99
11-21-2019, 03:00 PM
Here's my dream scenario:

Chiefs win out
Pats, Chiefs and Ravens all finish 12-4
Chiefs get #1 seed due to H2H
Pats play Ravens in divisional round - beat each other up

Megatron96
11-21-2019, 03:12 PM
What’s the verdict on these a-holes?

Have they dramatically improved? Are they getting overhyped based on a few performances vs overrated teams?

The Chiefs handled them relatively comfortably, regardless of the final score. Take away the two wobbly ducks thrown up for grabs, and that’s probably a blowout.

Are there any legit reasons to be more scared of them today?

They have improved dramatically offensively, and regressed a little defensively. Their passing offense has made the most improvement, particularly Lamar, who's stats all show significant improvement across the board, but most critically in pass completion percentage (57%/65%), TD/INT rate and Passer Rating (84/106).

And he's running less; 16 times/game in 2018 vs. 12 times/game this year.

At the end of the day though, they are a running team, and if they get behind they have trouble going to a pass-first offense.

But the biggest reason the Chiefs should hope we don't meet again is simply that they play a very physical, rough, aggressive, whistle-to-whistle, sideline-to-sideline style of play that often results in injuries for us.

In other words, while I have confidence that the Chiefs would beat them if we met again in the playoffs, I don't have confidence that we come out of that game without a few injuries. Better to let someone else get banged up and worn out.

BWillie
11-21-2019, 03:14 PM
Yes, I think Baltimore has turned the corner. Jackson has shown he can throw, and we all know he's a terror to run the ball. My hat goes off to !Harbaw!, he's really shown he doesn't have an ego and is willing to embrace analytics. I love how they go for it so often on 4th down. He said as much vs us even when it didn't work this is what they are going to do so better get used to it. Baltimore retooled their entire offense to be able to work with Jackson instead of trying to force Jackson into typical pro style offense that isn't as suited to him.

Otter
11-21-2019, 03:30 PM

Inner Harbor is worth a visit and Ravens & Oriels Stadiums are a stones throw away from Inner Harbor. Once you get out of that area however it goes from dicey to you're taking your putting your life in danger depending on what direction you go.

Kiimo
11-21-2019, 03:41 PM
http://www.humoar.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/i-fight-crime-everywhere-but-baltimore-f-that.jpg

RaidersOftheCellar
11-21-2019, 03:43 PM
They have improved dramatically offensively, and regressed a little defensively. Their passing offense has made the most improvement, particularly Lamar, who's stats all show significant improvement across the board, but most critically in pass completion percentage (57%/65%), TD/INT rate and Passer Rating (84/106).

And he's running less; 16 times/game in 2018 vs. 12 times/game this year.

At the end of the day though, they are a running team, and if they get behind they have trouble going to a pass-first offense.

But the biggest reason the Chiefs should hope we don't meet again is simply that they play a very physical, rough, aggressive, whistle-to-whistle, sideline-to-sideline style of play that often results in injuries for us.

In other words, while I have confidence that the Chiefs would beat them if we met again in the playoffs, I don't have confidence that we come out of that game without a few injuries. Better to let someone else get banged up and worn out.

I meant since the game between KC and Balt this season. It seems to be commonly believed that they've made a huge leap since then. Not sure what that's based on, other than a few lopsided scores. I don't think Marcus Peters has catapulted them to another level.

FloridaMan88
11-21-2019, 03:45 PM
Yes, I think Baltimore has turned the corner. Jackson has shown he can throw, and we all know he's a terror to run the ball.

Jackson has improved his passing from last year (a low threshold for improvement), but he still hasn't shown he can effectively pass the ball in obvious passing situations (i.e. when the Ravens are trailing).

The Ravens have played with leads for most of the season.

In their two losses they got behind and Lamar Jackson struggled passing the ball.

Megatron96
11-21-2019, 03:51 PM
I meant since the game between KC and Balt this season. It seems to be commonly believed that they've made a huge leap since then. Not sure what that's based on, other than a few lopsided scores. I don't think Marcus Peters has catapulted them to another level.

Ah, okay. I don't know if they've made a huge leap since then. Though you could make the argument that destroying the Patriots was a statement game, both externally and internally.

I guess if you look at how the Ravens played, and particularly how Jackson played in that first game, and then look at the last couple weeks or so, the Ravens have looked more consistent offensively. Lamar is also apparently playing more consistently. Maybe that's what people are talking about.

RunKC
11-21-2019, 03:59 PM
It’s not so much Lamar, it’s the team around him.

The Ravens have a top 10 caliber defense, top running game, top OL and some solid weapons.

Lamar doesn’t have to do that much because his team is the most balanced.

stevieray
11-21-2019, 04:13 PM
The last part makes me think your entire post is sarcasm, but it’s not.

He is the only person on this board that I question the loyalty to the Chiefs.

Naptown Chief
11-21-2019, 04:26 PM

Nice city.

Baltimore? There are rats in the streets and their ex-mayor just got indicted.

It's a shit hole.

It’s a shithole. Don’t lie.

I lived there. Nice city LMAO

Baltimore is a shithole

Inner Harbor is worth a visit and Ravens & Oriels Stadiums are a stones throw away from Inner Harbor. Once you get out of that area however it goes from dicey to you're taking your putting your life in danger depending on what direction you go.

I've been in MD for 18 years, including 2 years in Baltimore, and I can confirm...

Shit hole.

ptlyon
11-21-2019, 04:53 PM
But it's got the ace of cakes!

TinyEvel
11-21-2019, 04:57 PM
Didn't that one guy beat up his wife in the elevator?

They don't seem nice.

jjjayb
11-21-2019, 05:54 PM
He isn't playing Mahomes. He is playing the Chiefs suspect defense that will have to account for a QB with elite level mobility. Fate was kind when they were scheduled against the Chiefs at home in the third week.

Fate was kind to them when Jackson threw not one, but two wounded ducks up for grabs when he was scrambling and our defenders failed to come down with them. By all rights, they should have been picked. I thought it was amusing when the announcers were comparing those two throws to something Mahomes would do. The difference being, when Mahomes scrambles and throws on the run, he throws accurately. He doesn't just throw it up for grabs.

But our defense is still crap, so who knows. I don't have confidence in any game we play.

ThyKingdomCome15
11-23-2019, 02:35 PM
I'd rather play the Ravens than the Patriots in the playoffs. But we'll could very well see them both.

Setsuna
11-23-2019, 02:52 PM
Chiefs fans downplaying teams like it's out of style. You'd think the Chiefs were undefeated up to this point. Any Given Sunday still holds true.

KChiefs1
11-23-2019, 02:53 PM
Judon was trying to hurt Patrick in that game. Hate that guy.

ThyKingdomCome15
11-26-2019, 06:06 PM
We match up with the Ravens better than than the Pats. Pats match up better with us than the Ravens.