PDA

View Full Version : Football Leonard Fournette and Taven Bryan

staylor26
11-26-2019, 02:30 PM
Those are the two players the Jags passed up on Mahomes/Watson and Lamar Jackson for.

Why the fuck doesn’t this get talked about? Has a team ever missed so badly at QB in back to back years when they had a SB defense and only needed a QB? To think they ended up overpaying Foles instead is beyond retarded.

Side Note: I drafted Lamar Jackson (and Mark Andrews coincidentally) in the CP mock for the Jags that year. They would’ve been better off with me as their GM. How sad is that?

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
11-26-2019, 02:33 PM
Those are the two players the Jags passed up on Mahomes/Watson and Lamar Jackson for.

Why the **** doesn’t this get talked about? Has a team ever missed so badly at QB in back to back years when they had a SB defense and only needed a QB? To think they ended up overpaying Foles instead is beyond retarded.

Side Note: I drafted Lamar Jackson (and Mark Andrews coincidentally) in the CP mock for the Jags that year. They would’ve been better off with me as their GM. How sad is that?

I know a team who has passed up on not only Lamar but Mahomes and Watson oh and traded up as well and they have a fantastic Defense!!

Titty Meat
11-26-2019, 02:41 PM
I think them making the AFC title game that season after the draft took some initial heat off their horrendous draft choices

Gravedigger
11-26-2019, 02:52 PM
BLAKE BORTLES MOTHER FUCKER!!!!

Shoes
11-26-2019, 02:52 PM
2017 Jacksonville made it all the way to the AFC final with Blake Bortles and some argue Jacksonville should have beat New England if it wasn't for some shoddy reffing. I don't think the Jaguars understood at the time they needed a QB, they probably felt like if they could keep the defense together that they had a chance to have similar success (not unlike the current version of the Chicago Bears).

If you open this discussion up further to how Lamar Jackson slipped to #32- I don't blame NFL teams for not selecting Lamar. I give credit to the individuals or the Baltimore Ravens who saw his strengths opposed to his weaknesses and thought he could make it at the NFL level. Chris Simms as an example had Lamar Jackson as his best QB in the draft class which was a wildly unpopular opinion. I do think Baltimore was also a perfect landing spot for Lamar as well (similar to KC & Mahomes). I don't know if Lamar Jackson has the same success if he isn't on a team that runs the ball so incredibly well. They are averaging over 200 yards per game on the ground which is insane- Lamar obviously has improved as a passer and is deserving of the MVP consideration but I want to see a game where Baltimore struggles running the ball (might not happen all year). If you can limit the Ravens rushing attack I believe the "old" Lamar Jackson will reappear, the QB that everyone had concerns about, the guy who still struggles with accuracy at a NFL level.

JakeF
11-26-2019, 03:00 PM
Imagine how good Chicago would be right now with that defense if they had drafted Mahomes or Watson instead of Trubisky.

staylor26
11-26-2019, 03:15 PM
2017 Jacksonville made it all the way to the AFC final with Blake Bortles and some argue Jacksonville should have beat New England if it wasn't for some shoddy reffing. I don't think the Jaguars understood at the time they needed a QB, they probably felt like if they could keep the defense together that they had a chance to have similar success (not unlike the current version of the Chicago Bears).

If you open this discussion up further to how Lamar Jackson slipped to #32- I don't blame NFL teams for not selecting Lamar. I give credit to the individuals or the Baltimore Ravens who saw his strengths opposed to his weaknesses and thought he could make it at the NFL level. Chris Simms as an example had Lamar Jackson as his best QB in the draft class which was a wildly unpopular opinion. I do think Baltimore was also a perfect landing spot for Lamar as well (similar to KC & Mahomes). I don't know if Lamar Jackson has the same success if he isn't on a team that runs the ball so incredibly well. They are averaging over 200 yards per game on the ground which is insane- Lamar obviously has improved as a passer and is deserving of the MVP consideration but I want to see a game where Baltimore struggles running the ball (might not happen all year). If you can limit the Ravens rushing attack I believe the "old" Lamar Jackson will reappear, the QB that everyone had concerns about, the guy who still struggles with accuracy at a NFL level.

You’re making this more complicated than it is. They had Blake Bortles after seeing him for a few years at the time that they passed on all of these QB’s. I don’t care how far they went one of those years, that is inexcusable. This isn’t hindsight either. I thought they should’ve taken a QB at the time, like many others.

If they only passed on Mahomes/Watson that year, that’s one thing, but they did it for a fucking RB, and then turned around and passed on another QB the following year picking late in the 1st for a raw DT that’s been a huge bust.

And Lamar Jackson was a legit 1st round talent. Why shouldn’t the teams picking late that needed a QB be criticized for it? His talent alone was worth the gamble. And again this isn’t hindsight from me because like I’ve said, I took Jackson in the CP mock. They could’ve paired Jackson and Fournette up with that D but instead they wasted the pick all together.

They’d be a playoff team and Ramsey would probably still be there with any of those guys at QB. Instead they suck with an overpaid Foles at QB. It’s indefensible.

BryanBusby
11-26-2019, 04:03 PM
Remember when idiots thought Blake Bortles wasn't shit? LMAO

notorious
11-26-2019, 04:07 PM
Do you want to feel great?

Jacksonville makes the Chiefs and Andy Reid look like shit when it comes to success. I'm not talking division garbage, I'm talking about playoff wins.

staylor26
11-26-2019, 04:11 PM
Remember when idiots thought Blake Bortles wasn't shit? LMAO

I remember ThaVirus and me arguing about whether he was worthy of making the top 100 the year after he threw 30+ TD’s LMAO

Good times.

staylor26
11-26-2019, 04:13 PM
Do you want to feel great?

Jacksonville makes the Chiefs and Andy Reid look like shit when it comes to success. I'm not talking division garbage, I'm talking about playoff wins.

Who gives a flying fuck? Im sure it will stay that way! Go be a Jags fan then and see how that works out for you over the rest of Mahomes career.

And during Reid’s tenure the Jags don’t even have more playoff wins, so I really don’t get your point. Not to mention the Chiefs have been much more consistent in getting their which is half the battle.

notorious
11-26-2019, 04:17 PM
Who gives a flying ****? Go be a Jags fan then and see how that works out for you over the rest of Mahomes career.

You are shitting on them, and they are the more successful franchise.

Mahomes is awesome, but we have discovered he isn't some magic elixir that covers AIDS.

notorious
11-26-2019, 04:19 PM
And during Reid’s tenure the Jags don’t even have more playoff wins, so I really don’t get your point. Not to mention the Chiefs have been much more consistent in getting their which is half the battle.

Much more consistent getting where? Nobody gives a flying fuck about playoff appearances or division titles.

WE WANT PLAYOFF WINS AND SUPERBOWL TITLES.

The Jags suck, and that really puts it into perspective compared to the Chiefs' playoff success.

staylor26
11-26-2019, 04:19 PM
You are shitting on them, and they are the more successful franchise.

Mahomes is awesome, but we have discovered he isn't some magic elixir that covers AIDS.

You’re literally the only person in the world that thinks the Jags have been more successful than the Chiefs during Reid’s tenure.

They went to the AFCCG game one year. Big deal. So did we in Mahomes first year as the starter. How the fuck does that make them more successful than us over the last few years when we’ve been MUCH more consistent.

Setsuna
11-26-2019, 04:24 PM
It does get talked about. On the Jags forum. Don't remind us. We are cursed.

notorious
11-26-2019, 04:24 PM
You’re literally the only person in the world that thinks the Jags have been more successful than the Chiefs during Reid’s tenure.

They went to the AFCCG game one year. Big deal. So did we in Mahomes first year as the starter. How the **** does that make them more successful than us over the last few years when we’ve been MUCH more consistent.

The Jags have been to the CG more than the Chiefs in 50 years, and they've only been around 25ish. LMAO

Playoff win AT Pittsburgh? Nah, no big ****ing deal. Nearly beating the Pats at home? **** it, that's nothing.

They have won as many playoff games in an 8 day span as Reid has since he's been here.

With Blake ****ing Bortles.

CasselGotPeedOn
11-26-2019, 04:25 PM
Notorious loves wallowing in the Chiefs misery.

notorious
11-26-2019, 04:26 PM
Notorious loves wallowing in the Chiefs misery.

I am a football masochist. We all are. We are Chiefs fans.

staylor26
11-26-2019, 04:31 PM
The Jags have been to the CG more than the Chiefs in 50 years, and they've only been around 25ish. LMAO

Playoff win AT Pittsburgh? Nah, no big ****ing deal. Nearly beating the Pats at home? **** it, that's nothing.

They have won as many playoff games in an 8 day span as Reid has since he's been here.

With Blake ****ing Bortles.

I’m not talking about the last 50 years.

I’m talking about during Reid’s tenure. They haven’t gone any further in the playoffs or won any more games than we have and we’ve been to the playoffs more consistently.

Besides, who even gives a fuck about Reid’s tenure before Mahomes? We matched the best the Jags could do (in their entire life as a franchise) in year 1 of the Mahomes era, then started of year 2 kicking their ass (for the 3rd time Reid has beaten them) while they fucking suck.

You have to be one truly miserable fuck that’s stuck in the past if you think we can’t talk shit about the fucking Jaguars for passing on Mahomes (and Watson/Jackson).

notorious
11-26-2019, 04:35 PM
Well, they've been the more successful franchise since their existence. I'm not talking shit on them due to that.

During the Jaguars existence.

Chiefs 2-9 in the playoffs (2-5 under Reid!!!), 1 AFC Championship Appearance

Jax 7-7 in the playoffs 3 AFC Championship Appearances

When this team starts to produce like they're capable of, I will puff my chest. Until that happens, it's all hot air.

staylor26
11-26-2019, 04:37 PM
Again, we matched the best they’ve done in their history as a franchise in year 1 of the Mahomes era, which is the point of this thread.

How the fuck do we not have the right to point and laugh at the Jags for passing on him for that alone? Not to mention the other 2 guys they passed on.

We’re not talking about the Pats here, it’s the fucking Jags. It’s ok to laugh at them.

notorious
11-26-2019, 04:43 PM
I truly appreciate your support and passion for the Chiefs, Staylor.

I am very upset that this team is on a trajectory of squandering a yet another golden opportunity.

staylor26
11-26-2019, 04:48 PM

I am very upset that this team is on a trajectory of squandering a yet another golden opportunity.

I don’t think you get it. I’ve been very pessimistic about the Chiefs since the Colts/Texans games and then even moreso after the Titans.

That doesn’t mean I’d trade places with the team that has passed on 3 franchise QB’s only to end up overpaying for a turd.

-King-
11-26-2019, 05:16 PM

I know right? Most teams get to the AFCCG in the first season of their QB starting.

Halfcan
11-26-2019, 05:25 PM
Maybe kicking the shit out of the Faders will cheer up all you Debbie Downer sadsacks?

-King-
11-26-2019, 05:29 PM
Like i said, I've never seen some fans of a franchise become so spoiled so fast. People are mad because we have 4 losses going into week 12. It's like they legitimately thought once we got a franchise QB we'd never lose another game or have bad losses ever.

This time last year the Patriots had 3 losses to the lions, jaguars and Titans, and ended up winning the Superbowl. So the fact that we've lost a few games by a touchdown or less (one with our backup QB) doesn't change the fact that we're still a Superbowl contender.

staylor26
11-26-2019, 05:35 PM
Like i said, I've never seen some fans of a franchise become so spoiled so fast. People are mad because we have 4 losses going into week 12. It's like they legitimately thought once we got a franchise QB we'd never lose another game or have bad losses ever.

This time last year the Patriots had 3 losses to the lions, jaguars and Titans, and ended up winning the Superbowl. So the fact that we've lost a few games by a touchdown or less (one with our backup QB) doesn't change the fact that we're still a Superbowl contender.

I’m more upset that we lost a couple that we should’ve won and it’s going to cost us a bye. I don’t think we can go to NE AND Baltimore and win. I’m also reasonable enough to understand that the 4 losses are mostly due to terrible luck with injuries so my complaining is a lot more “Beacuse Chiefs” than “Reid/Veach/Spags suck!!!”.

But yea your overall point I agree with.

Reerun_KC
11-26-2019, 05:36 PM
Look at all the RBs the chiefs drafted ahead of QBs.

We wrote the script.

Shoes
11-26-2019, 05:46 PM
You’re making this more complicated than it is. They had Blake Bortles after seeing him for a few years at the time that they passed on all of these QB’s. I don’t care how far they went one of those years, that is inexcusable. This isn’t hindsight either. I thought they should’ve taken a QB at the time, like many others.

If they only passed on Mahomes/Watson that year, that’s one thing, but they did it for a ****ing RB, and then turned around and passed on another QB the following year picking late in the 1st for a raw DT that’s been a huge bust.

And Lamar Jackson was a legit 1st round talent. Why shouldn’t the teams picking late that needed a QB be criticized for it? His talent alone was worth the gamble. And again this isn’t hindsight from me because like I’ve said, I took Jackson in the CP mock. They could’ve paired Jackson and Fournette up with that D but instead they wasted the pick all together.

They’d be a playoff team and Ramsey would probably still be there with any of those guys at QB. Instead they suck with an overpaid Foles at QB. It’s indefensible.

I'm not making it more complicated at all. It comes down to talent evaluation and yes hindsight is 20/20. Just because you mocked one pick correctly does not change that. Lamar Jackson was the most debated player in the 2018 draft, hell many scouts and teams wanted Lamar Jackson to try out as a receiver, that's how unsure scouts were on him.

I don't blame the Jaguars for not drafting him- at the time of the 2018 draft it wasn't clear that selecting Lamar Jackson would solve their QB problems in the future. Paying Nik Foles that money is a different story (fair criticism), and I also don't love taking a running back 4th overall in 2017 but I don't think you can claim Lamar was a slam dunk pick. If you want to pat yourself on the back for getting your evaluation correct on Lamar, then go ahead and do that but to pretend he was a can't miss QB for teams needing a franchise quarterback is simply untrue.

RunKC
11-26-2019, 05:47 PM

Chiefs fans are spoiled? ROFL

-King-
11-26-2019, 05:49 PM
Chiefs fans are spoiled? ROFL

Since getting Mahomes? Yes. People are literally talking about we're wasting Mahomes career 1.5 years into it. I don't know what else to call that.

Deberg_1990
11-26-2019, 05:55 PM
At least we didn’t have to live thru the Jack Del Rio era

BryanBusby
11-26-2019, 06:01 PM
I remember ThaVirus and me arguing about whether he was worthy of making the top 100 the year after he threw 30+ TD’s LMAO

Good times.
I got so much shit for calling him shit even though he was throwing moon passes that Robinson and Hurns were making into plays against a lot of mediocre to bad teams. Then again because they went to the AFC Championship.

Those were some days LMAO

DeepSouth
11-26-2019, 06:10 PM
You youngsters are old enough to remember the draft where the Chiefs drafted Todd Blackledge at #7. Jim Kelly was taken at #14. Tony Eason at 15. Ken O'Brien at #24. And, Dan Marino at # 27. Any one old enough to remember that draft would never criticize another teams drafting of QBs. Todd freaking Blackledge....

ThaVirus
11-26-2019, 06:36 PM

Good times.

lol I remember that argument.

Good call there.

staylor26
11-26-2019, 07:02 PM
You youngsters are old enough to remember the draft where the Chiefs drafted Todd Blackledge at #7. Jim Kelly was taken at #14. Tony Eason at 15. Ken O'Brien at #24. And, Dan Marino at # 27. Any one old enough to remember that draft would never criticize another teams drafting of QBs. Todd freaking Blackledge....

Somewhat fair, but they at least took a fucking QB. They tried. The equivalent would be if they took a fucking RB and then passed on a franchise QB again the next year. That’s just inexcusable under any circumstance.

And we have the franchise QB that these Jags passed on this time. Stop living in the past. It’s ok to laugh at teams for passing on Mahomes.

staylor26
11-26-2019, 07:03 PM
lol I remember that argument.

Good call there.

Lol to be fair the Jags are like a 2nd team to me since my best friend and grandma are die hard fans, so when people on CP argue with me about them, they’re usually wrong.

ThaVirus
11-26-2019, 07:16 PM
Lol to be fair the Jags are like a 2nd team to me since my best friend and grandma are die hard fans, so when people on CP argue with me about them, they’re usually wrong.

Whoa, chilllll. I don't think I was wrong, even now. Dude scored like 38 TDs that year. Garbage time or not, that's tough to do. You don't just score that many tuddies if you're trash, especially with the lack of weapons the Jags had back then.

BryanBusby
11-26-2019, 07:24 PM
Matt Cassel threw for 27 TD's. Bortles was always garbage, which is a good lesson on why you don't snap judgement off statlines.

MahiMike
11-26-2019, 07:25 PM
Yea the Jags fans, media here hate it every time I bring this up.

Marrone will probably get fired but the guys above him are also to blame.

BryanBusby
11-26-2019, 07:27 PM
The Jaguars need to clean the fuck out of the house.

Fire the whole fucking thing. Is Caldwell still there? Tell him to get fucked too.

staylor26
11-26-2019, 07:51 PM
Whoa, chilllll. I don't think I was wrong, even now. Dude scored like 38 TDs that year. Garbage time or not, that's tough to do. You don't just score that many tuddies if you're trash, especially with the lack of weapons the Jags had back then.

We’ll just have to agree to disagree :D

Spott
11-26-2019, 08:01 PM
2017 Jacksonville made it all the way to the AFC final with Blake Bortles and some argue Jacksonville should have beat New England if it wasn't for some shoddy reffing.

As hard as it is to believe, the Jags got royally screwed by the refs in that game and all of the calls mysteriously went in favor of the Pats that day. It’s almost like they showed favoritism towards a certain team...

Deberg_1990
11-26-2019, 08:06 PM
Yea the Jags fans, media here hate it every time I bring this up.

Marrone will probably get fired but the guys above him are also to blame.

Tom Coughlin in Jeopardy too?

MahiMike
11-26-2019, 09:08 PM
Tom Coughlin in Jeopardy too?

Yep