PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Darrel Williams to IR; DB Alex Brown to 53; Dieter to PS

pugsnotdrugs19
12-05-2019, 08:29 AM
https://twitter.com/chiefs/status/1202595049965531137?s=21

Darrel is our worst back IMO, so I’m good with this.

Signing Brown makes me think we aren’t gonna have Claiborne or Fenton Sunday...

Three7s
12-05-2019, 08:31 AM
Who's Alex Brown?

pugsnotdrugs19
12-05-2019, 08:31 AM
Who's Alex Brown?

Cornerback from the PS. 23 years old..

Simply Red
12-05-2019, 08:32 AM
Fuck Yes Kween!

Three7s
12-05-2019, 08:33 AM
Cornerback from the PS. 23 years old..
Ah, wasn't sure if he was off the PS or some JAG we signed off the street. Doesn't really matter either way.

Chris Meck
12-05-2019, 08:34 AM
Man, I think Darrel has been our second best back, but if he can't go, he can't go.

I think Shady has been our best back, fumbles notwithstanding.

Shady and Thompson going forward is probably our best bet anyway given the state of our line play.

Sofa King
12-05-2019, 08:35 AM
Man, I think Darrel has been our second best back, but if he can't go, he can't go.

Shady and Thompson going forward is probably our best bet anyway given the state of our line play.

Ware will get a lot of playing time very fast.

DaFace
12-05-2019, 08:37 AM
Ware will get a lot of playing time very fast.

I'm gonna guess it's gonna be a true RB by committee with all three guys getting about an even load. If one guy looks hot in a game, you keep riding him, but otherwise you just keep rotating to keep them fresh.

Mecca
12-05-2019, 08:39 AM
This season has certainly made me question the idea of just going with Jags at RB.

Direckshun
12-05-2019, 08:39 AM
Alex Brown is a nickel back.

Yikes.

I suppose we're missing Fenton for some time.

Direckshun
12-05-2019, 08:40 AM
This season has certainly made me question the idea of just going with Jags at RB.

Damn straight. I advocated hard on CP for LeVeon Bell.

I got shit on all over for it, and maybe Bell was wrong -- but the theory is right.

This offense goes from really good but stoppable to clearly unstoppable with a Kareem Hunt franchise back that defenses have to respect. Kareem Hunt was the reason Alex Smith was able to beat the Patriots in Foxborough. And a lack of Hunt was the reason the Pats could outlast us in 2018.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-05-2019, 08:41 AM

From what I see on A22, the way this line is playing right now just wasn’t meshing well for Darrel. He was giving us a little bit of production as a receiver in short areas, but nothing more than what the other guys can give us.

I feel like he’s the type of back who needs holes big enough to where he can really roll through them at top speed and then finish with some power. But those holes haven’t been available so he winds up more or less tip toeing, and doing it very slowly with little bend in his body to get skinny and create extra yards.

arrwheader
12-05-2019, 08:43 AM
Fuck. We cannot stay healthy at critical times this season.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

TEX
12-05-2019, 08:45 AM

Made worse when you're used to having studs...

Wallcrawler
12-05-2019, 08:48 AM
Call me crazy, but I think Spencer Ware coming back is huge. The guy has made some huge plays for us, and if he's healthy now, when you really need to be able to run the football, he's going to improve our offense a lot just with experience.

I think if we had Ware for that dumbass 4th n 1 run where Williams just ran into the centers ass and failed last week, I think Ware converts there.

I hope hes got something left, I really liked him before he wrecked his knee, and when he came back he still made big plays for us last season.

Wallcrawler
12-05-2019, 08:51 AM
Oh, and MOTHER FUCK KAREEM HUNT. Jesus titty fucking Christ the endless lamentation of the loss of this fucking turd is just mind numbing.

HES FUCKING GONE.
HES NOT COMING BACK.
DEAL WITH IT.

Direckshun
12-05-2019, 08:54 AM
Oh, and MOTHER **** KAREEM HUNT. Jesus titty ****ing Christ the endless lamentation of the loss of this ****ing turd is just mind numbing.

HES ****ING GONE.
HES NOT COMING BACK.
DEAL WITH IT.

Take that, literally zero people in this thread begging Kareem Hunt to come back!

Sofa King
12-05-2019, 09:18 AM
I'm gonna guess it's gonna be a true RB by committee with all three guys getting about an even load. If one guy looks hot in a game, you keep riding him, but otherwise you just keep rotating to keep them fresh.

Andy being Andy, I think Darwin will go back under the radar. He'll use Ware and McCoy and forget about Darwin again. It just seems like something Andy is going to do.

RunKC
12-05-2019, 09:23 AM
I remember looking at Alex Brown when we signed him to the PS. He’s a very intriguing kid.

Long arms, 4.42 speed, fluid hips, good feet, solid ball production in college (7 INT’s/19 PD’s last 2 years)

Pretty much what you want to on paper from guys on the PS. Let’s see if it works out.

DJ's left nut
12-05-2019, 09:24 AM

Ain't no kidding there at all.

Man this RB stable sucks. And the Cardinals got Kenyan Drake for a bucket of dicks.

I was just looking at the Cardinals RB situation and was wondering about David Johnson. I know Drake's a FA next year so they might just decide to roll with DJ again next season, but he's been effectively benched this year.

His salary next year is stout; cap hit would be around $10.5 million. But I'd far prefer him to Le'veon Bell and his hit's a couple million lower than Bell's.

Neither of them are options I prefer as I'm not terribly excited about the idea of a $10 million cap hit on a RB. But g'damn - we CANNOT do this again next season. This backfield is a bag of smashed assholes.

patteeu
12-05-2019, 09:26 AM
Oh, and MOTHER FUCK KAREEM HUNT. Jesus titty fucking Christ the endless lamentation of the loss of this fucking turd is just mind numbing.

HES FUCKING GONE.
HES NOT COMING BACK.
DEAL WITH IT.

He's looking good in Cleveland though. Maybe there's a chance...

O.city

Man this RB stable sucks. And the Cardinals got Kenyan Drake for a bucket of dicks.

I was just looking at the Cardinals RB situation and was wondering about David Johnson. I know Drake's a FA next year so they might just decide to roll with DJ again next season, but he's been effectively benched this year.

His salary next year is stout; cap hit would be around $10.5 million. But I'd far prefer him to Le'veon Bell and his hit's a couple million lower than Bell's.

Neither of them are options I prefer as I'm not terribly excited about the idea of a $10 million cap hit on a RB. But g'damn - we CANNOT do this again next season. This backfield is a bag of smashed assholes.

Thing is, it was pretty similar last year. I don't think this group is much worse than last years once Kareem was gone, but **** it's just been awful.

I think we seriously underestimate just how ****ing terrible the interior OL is. It's just so shitty.

And I'm gonna bet it's Leveon here next year. I dont' care for it, but oh well.

pugsnotdrugs19
I’m all for going and getting a stud back, but I’d prefer not to do it at a steep financial cost.

Draft one in the first couple days. And I don’t think it’ll happen at all, but I’d look into bringing Hunt back on a prove it deal for around $5M.

DJ's left nut
From what I see on A22, the way this line is playing right now just wasn’t meshing well for Darrel. He was giving us a little bit of production as a receiver in short areas, but nothing more than what the other guys can give us.

I feel like he’s the type of back who needs holes big enough to where he can really roll through them at top speed and then finish with some power. But those holes haven’t been available so he winds up more or less tip toeing, and doing it very slowly with little bend in his body to get skinny and create extra yards.

Agreed.

Wrong kind of back for a team getting wrecked in the middle. He needs time to get his shoulders square and get up to speed. He may not be able to 'get skinny' through a hole but if there's a sliver there he can power into it for 4-5 yards.

But he's not even getting a sliver or that chance to build power. It's a little surprising he's been as nominally effective as he has been.

Darrel going down sucks for him but it doesn't move the needle for the team.

FloridaMan88
12-05-2019, 09:29 AM
Nothing against Darrel Williams, but it was weird how he was the focal point of the Chiefs offense at the end of the Chargers game and for stretches of the Raiders game.

Running game, screen passes... the Chiefs were using him as if he was Kareem Hunt.

Chris Meck
12-05-2019, 09:30 AM

Chiefsplanet- WHY ARE ALL THESE RUNNING BACKS SHITTY?
also, Chiefsplanet-WHAT'S WRONG WITH MAHOMES AND THE PASSING GAME?

It's the fucking offensive line, guys. IT'S THE OFFENSIVE LINE.

All the games Fisher missed and we had fucking Cam Erving at LT. The revolving door at LG. The huge step down from Morse to Reiter at center. LDT is not horrible, but certainly not a plus. Schwartz is your ONE GOOD LINEMAN THAT HAS BEEN THERE ALL YEAR.

patteeu
12-05-2019, 09:31 AM

All the games Fisher missed and we had fucking Cam Erving at LT. The revolving door at LG. The huge step down from Morse to Reiter at center. LDT is not horrible, but certainly not a plus. Schwartz is your ONE GOOD LINEMAN THAT HAS BEEN THERE ALL YEAR.

I'm with you.

DJ's left nut
12-05-2019, 09:32 AM
Thing is, it was pretty similar last year. I don't think this group is much worse than last years once Kareem was gone, but fuck it's just been awful.

I think we seriously underestimate just how fucking terrible the interior OL is. It's just so shitty.

What's this 'we' nonsense? You just scolded me for blaming climate change on Austin Reiter. I KNOW how fucking terrible this IOL is. I wanted to draft a C in the first round, FFS.

It's completely unacceptable and needs to be torched. I like Seth Keysor but Id didn't need him telling me that our IOL has been woefully inadequate this season.

But the backs don't deserve a complete pass either. First off, Damien's been dinged up almost all year and I get the impression from Andy's vague comments that he doesn't think Damien's trying quite as hard either. That's a HUGE difference from the dude that took over for Hunt last year and was running his ass off. And of course Hunt was there for 2/3 of the season. And I said I was pretty sure Darrel sucked last year - he looks about the same this year. He's just not that good.

Additionally, I'd say that teams weren't completely sure if it was Hunt or Andy that made the running game work last season so they weren't willing to sell out even after Hunt left. And Damien was just good enough to keep that question in their mind all season.

Now that question is settled - this running game is fucking atrocious and teams are keying on it. They weren't doing that last season because they just didn't have enough time to be sure.

There are pretty substantial differences, IMO. Cutting Hunt remains one of the dumber things this franchise has done in the last 5 years or so and it could hurt us. A lot.

DJ's left nut
12-05-2019, 09:33 AM

Was it you or KC that said Andy won't ever overhaul his entire IOL over in the draft thread? There's a loud contingent of people over there who wouldn't mind turning over everything from G to G on that OL. I simply don't see how things can get worse there for trying. That group is as bad as you'll see.

Yes, the IOL sucks hard. I know that. Anyone with eyes knows that.

But the RBs suck as well. Also hard. There's nothing to prevent both things from being true.

carcosa
12-05-2019, 09:35 AM
IT'S DARWIN TIME, BITCHES

Titty Meat
12-05-2019, 09:35 AM

I got shit on all over for it, and maybe Bell was wrong -- but the theory is right.

This offense goes from really good but stoppable to clearly unstoppable with a Kareem Hunt franchise back that defenses have to respect. Kareem Hunt was the reason Alex Smith was able to beat the Patriots in Foxborough. And a lack of Hunt was the reason the Pats could outlast us in 2018.

Where at? I pounded the table for Bell this offense. His set of skills would be perfect for this offense

Of course any back will struggle running the ball though as long as Reiter and Wylie are your guys on the o-line

DJ's left nut
12-05-2019, 09:37 AM
I’m all for going and getting a stud back, but I’d prefer not to do it at a steep financial cost.

Draft one in the first couple days. And I don’t think it’ll happen at all, but I’d look into bringing Hunt back on a prove it deal for around $5M.

A) Hunt's not coming back. Ever.
B) He's an RFA and the Browns won't let him walk for nothing. He might get traded but....
C) See A.

As for drafting one - 2nd round looks like the sweet spot to me. A fair number of similarly situated RBs who could be available in the late 2nd. No surefire 1st rounders to my eyes (and a fair number of CBs/ILBs that fit that spot a little better).

O.city
What's this 'we' nonsense? You just scolded me for blaming climate change on Austin Reiter. I KNOW how ****ing terrible this IOL is. I wanted to draft a C in the first round, FFS.

It's completely unacceptable and needs to be torched. I like Seth Keysor but Id didn't need him telling me that our IOL has been woefully inadequate this season.

But the backs don't deserve a complete pass either. First off, Damien's been dinged up almost all year and I get the impression from Andy's vague comments that he doesn't think Damien's trying quite as hard either. That's a HUGE difference from the dude that took over for Hunt last year and was running his ass off. And of course Hunt was there for 2/3 of the season. And I said I was pretty sure Darrel sucked last year - he looks about the same this year. He's just not that good.

Additionally, I'd say that teams weren't completely sure if it was Hunt or Andy that made the running game work last season so they weren't willing to sell out even after Hunt left. And Damien was just good enough to keep that question in their mind all season.

Now that question is settled - this running game is ****ing atrocious and teams are keying on it. They weren't doing that last season because they just didn't have enough time to be sure.

There are pretty substantial differences, IMO. Cutting Hunt remains one of the dumber things this franchise has done in the last 5 years or so and it could hurt us. A lot.

Yeah, I remember it. I wasn't a Reiter fan in the offseason but was chastised for it, oh well.

I dont' think theres a difference maker at RB for sure. But I think with a better IOL, they'd be atleast passable. I'm just tired of having hammered ass inside.

It seems like every year we have an area that we have to go cheap or neglect a little and try to develop and it blows up. For once it would be nice if everything would just work out a little.

FloridaMan88
Wylie, Reiter and LDT are all lower round draft picks or in Wylie's case an undrafted journeyman.

I am not saying that you can't find quality players in the lower rounds of the draft/undrafted free agents, but building the entire interior of the offensive line exclusively with those type of players is being exposed.

Meanwhile the strongest part of the offensive line... the tackles are a first overall draft pick and a second round draft pick.

O.city
12-05-2019, 09:39 AM
B) He's an RFA and the Browns won't let him walk for nothing. He might get traded but....
C) See A.

As for drafting one - 2nd round looks like the sweet spot to me. A fair number of similarly situated RBs who could be available in the late 2nd. No surefire 1st rounders to my eyes (and a fair number of CBs/ILBs that fit that spot a little better).

Dobbs in 2 or Ettiene in 3. Get some fatties.

Problem solved.

Also, Andy needs to stop running into brick walls. This OL isn't gonna open holes inside when people know it's coming. Run it outside.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-05-2019, 09:41 AM
C) See A.

Shit I didn’t even think about him being a RFA. I bet he wants out of that Cleveland committee though where he is their 2nd best back.

Anywho, with only 5 draft picks as of right now (we’ll see what happens with Jones), I’m hoping to see us trade back a time or two and hopefully end up with 3 or 4 picks in rounds 2-3. And there, yes, pick up a RB who will be cheap for years.

I think Veach and Andy are gonna look to use that R1 pick on a corner though probably. I’m not certain that they trade back, but it’s way too early to speculate either way.

TribalElder
12-05-2019, 09:42 AM
https://i.imgur.com/A87NKS7.png

ChiTown
12-05-2019, 09:52 AM
https://i.imgur.com/A87NKS7.png

I need this t-shirt. Double Extra Small, please and thank you.

The Franchise
12-05-2019, 09:54 AM
Was it you or KC that said Andy won't ever overhaul his entire IOL over in the draft thread? There's a loud contingent of people over there who wouldn't mind turning over everything from G to G on that OL. I simply don't see how things can get worse there for trying. That group is as bad as you'll see.

But the RBs suck as well. Also hard. There's nothing to prevent both things from being true.

Wiz needs to be starting. I don’t care if it’s at LG or at C.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
12-05-2019, 10:00 AM
I worry for Dieters health

Chris Meck
12-05-2019, 10:02 AM

Oh, I think Andy's pretty frustrated with the offensive line play. It precludes him from playing with his toys.

I think the argument was that Andy wouldn't overhaul his entire IOL in MIDSEASON, not that he wouldn't draft guys. I guess maybe he wouldn't go into a season with 3 rookies in the IOL. I'd be with him on that.

To be fair, there have been a TON of injuries, and that has really been a problem.

But-Reiter sucks. Wylie sucks. LDT is not a dumpster fire, but is barely a starting quality player.

Do the RB's suck? Well, they might. I just would argue that we really can't tell. No RB looks good behind shit offensive line play. Or at least very few and it takes a specific skillset to overcome that. I would agree that for the most part, the KC backfield does not possess that skillset.

As I said on another post, Jamaal Charles was one of the best backs I ever saw at overcoming shit line play. His speed and ability to hit top speed in one or two steps meant he could pick through a bunch of busted blocks and be off to the races.

Damien Williams looked very good taking over for Hunt last year. But then, the offensive line was playing much better last year.

Shady and Thompson both have some of that shifty elusiveness to be able to take a busted play with shit blocking and still make something happen. They're probably our best bet going forward this season.

Bell does NOT fit here in KC. His game is patiently waiting until the last possible moment for the blocking to open a hole.

This season, there usually isn't a hole.

Bell fits well with a power running scheme and big, mauling offensive linemen. He'd fit in Baltimore. Maybe Houston. Indy. Raiders.

He doesn't really fit here. It's just not what we do with the scheme, even when the offensive line is capable of executing.

We pull and trap constantly. It's just how Andy schemes his o-line, and that's not going to play to what Bell does.

Could we get better at RB? Oh, I'm sure. What I'm not sure about is whether we may well have the answer already on the roster, we just can't tell because the IOL is getting buttfucked on a regular basis.

Would Bell be an improvement? No, not really. I think some of you guys look at total stats and not the context. You can't just plug guys in with totally different skillsets and expect the same results.

The best chance we have given our offensive line issues is to play with speed, but more importantly QUICKNESS and SUDDENNESS. Guys who can change direction on a dime and cut back. That's the only way to make something out of a blown up blocking assignment. Make them pay for overpursuit.

Mike in SW-MO
12-05-2019, 10:40 AM
Both Claiborne & Fenton nonparticipants on Wednesday is pretty much all you need to know about this roster move.

nychief
12-05-2019, 10:58 AM
brady will come out of his shell and pick these guys apart. Edleman, Edleman, Edleman...

he's gonna grab 10 passes.

Red Dawg
12-05-2019, 10:59 AM
I hate ever back we have. Thompson may prove to be the real deal but the rest suck ass. Bunch of nothing.

Pitt Gorilla
12-05-2019, 11:03 AM
What's this 'we' nonsense? You just scolded me for blaming climate change on Austin Reiter. I KNOW how ****ing terrible this IOL is. I wanted to draft a C in the first round, FFS.

Now that question is settled - this running game is ****ing atrocious and teams are keying on it. They weren't doing that last season because they just didn't have enough time to be sure.

There are pretty substantial differences, IMO. Cutting Hunt remains one of the dumber things this franchise has done in the last 5 years or so and it could hurt us. A lot.That was an extremely minority opinion when it happened and those of us that held it were killed for it. It's good to see it being embraced more widely now (not necessarily by you, as I don't recall where you stood, but by Chief Fan in general).

TEX
12-05-2019, 11:05 AM
Both Claiborne & Fenton nonparticipants on Wednesday is pretty much all you need to know about this roster move.

Yep. And that's not good. Would love to have as many DB's available as possible.

Pitt Gorilla
12-05-2019, 11:08 AM
Rankin was beginning to look pretty good before the injury. I guess that's just the way it goes.

TEX
12-05-2019, 11:16 AM
That was an extremely minority opinion when it happened and those of us that held it were killed for it. It's good to see it being embraced more widely now (not necessarily by you, as I don't recall where you stood, but by Chief Fan in general).

But..but..but...HE "LIED" DAMMIT!!!! :rolleyes:

Those of us that held to it still catch grief today. I'm still bent over how it all went down. I thought that I'd be over it once the season started, and I was moving on until Kareem came back. Where is the OUTRAGE NOW???

So now, in order to deal with the fallout, I keep telling myself that I think by the way Clark handled the Tyreek situation, he learned a little something...

DJ's left nut
12-05-2019, 11:38 AM
That was an extremely minority opinion when it happened and those of us that held it were killed for it. It's good to see it being embraced more widely now (not necessarily by you, as I don't recall where you stood, but by Chief Fan in general).

Last December:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=13933013&postcount=58

Even if he wouldn't have played again this year, there's no way this would've been around him next year as well. And everyone will have forgotten about it by then as he came into the season with a fresh start.

It was a rash decision from Clark and an incredibly stupid one long-term. It's going to cost us draft capital, FA$ and/or both at t a time where we can ill afford to burn either of them given the extensions we need to offer and/or picks we need to use to backfill those we can't extend. Hell, we need basic improvements on this roster.

It was shortsighted, petty and foolish.

Clark's temper tantrum has hurt the team substantially.

KChiefs1
12-05-2019, 11:43 AM

I’d be looking at the 49ers RB room for a starter.

smithandrew051
12-05-2019, 11:58 AM
I get wanting to punish Kareem. We should’ve just kept him on his cheap deal and ran him into the ground. Never extend him and let someone else overpay him.

smithandrew051
12-05-2019, 12:00 PM
I do trust this regime to fix the issues we see though, especially after the 2019 draft.

Draft and FA needs to focus on LB, Interior OL, RB. I think we can re-sign the corners we have fairly cheaply. The secondary has been very good, so I like this group. Maybe try to find another Fenton late.

Rausch
12-05-2019, 12:07 PM

HB might be the easiest position in the draft to find.

I wouldn't spend higher than a 3rd on one and whomever we take we need to focus on a HB who's physical. Yes, he'll need to be able to catch and block to fit Andy's scheme but he also needs to bring a physicality allowing them to close out games that none of our other HB's have...

BossChief
12-05-2019, 12:08 PM
I missed it. What happened to Fenton and Claiborne?

Rausch
12-05-2019, 12:11 PM
I missed it. What happened to Fenton and Claiborne?

I think Fenton was a shoulder thing...

FloridaMan88
12-05-2019, 12:13 PM
brady will come out of his shell and pick these guys apart. Edleman, Edleman, Edleman...

he's gonna grab 10 passes.

Double team Edelman.

Hoover
12-05-2019, 12:19 PM
I’d be looking at the 49ers RB room for a starter.
No. Just draft one.

Easy to do if we tag and trade Jones

Wilson8
12-05-2019, 12:50 PM
Trying to find some additional information on CB Alex Brown.

His info from NFL Pro Day lists him at 5'10", 183 LBS while the Chiefs list him at 5'11", 170 LBS. The height difference I get. He could have grown or they might just like to add an inch for show. But going from 183, which was an official weigh in, to 170 is a pretty big drop.

The NFL.com/Prospects had this to say about him -

Explosive, fast athlete with the size of a nickel cornerback but lacking the play traits for a smooth transition inside. Brown has decent ball production and his monster workout numbers will have teams scrambling for additional tape, but he needs plenty of additional work with his patience, footwork and route recognition. His length and recovery speed are major check marks in his favor, but a practice squad spot could be the goal as he continues to work on the fundamentals of the position.

Strengths
Fast and extremely explosive
Blew the doors off of his pro day with 4.42-second 40-yard dash and 41.5-inch vertical leap
Outstanding arm length for a cornerback , 33".
Fluid hips can swivel into transitions
Twitchy breaks to the throw from side shuffle
Plays with strength to re-route and stall the release
Leaping and length aid ball production
Posted seven interceptions and 19 pass breakups over the last two years

Weaknesses
Needs better patience from press
Quick to declare feet and hips to a release fake
Below-average foot agility to mirror
Undisciplined in man coverage with footwork
Feet stall at the top when attempting to plant and drive from a pedal
Can be manipulated too easily by the route
Big receivers able to play over him on perimeter
Lacks desired physicality as tackler in run support

Before the 2019 NFL season began, was with San Francisco 49ers (5/16/19)-(7/25/19), Philadelphia Eagles(7/26/19)-(8/4/19), New York Jets (8/15/19)-(8/31/19), and then signed by Kansas City Chiefs to their practice squad (9/2/19). Biggest claim to fame while on Chiefs PS, he played Lamar Jackson getting the Chiefs ready to play Baltimore Ravens. To Alex's credit, while other players have come and went, Brown has remained with KC PS for the season.

With Morris Claiborne and Rashad Fenton both not practicing on Wednesday and Kendall Fuller coming back from his thumb injury, the Chiefs knew they had to do something for the CB position.

Currently Chiefs have Bashaud Breeland, Charvarius Ward, Kendall Fuller, and Alex Brown to match up with Julian Edelman, Mohamed Sanu, Phillip Dorsett II, and N'Keal Harry.

Wallcrawler
12-05-2019, 02:41 PM
But..but..but...HE "LIED" DAMMIT!!!! :rolleyes:

Those of us that held to it still catch grief today. I'm still bent over how it all went down. I thought that I'd be over it once the season started, and I was moving on until Kareem came back. Where is the OUTRAGE NOW???

So now, in order to deal with the fallout, I keep telling myself that I think by the way Clark handled the Tyreek situation, he learned a little something...

Hill didn't fucking do anything bruh.

Hunt was caught in a lie on video shoving and toe tapping a chick over. It was barely a kick, but still, he did the shit. He lies about it, makes the Chiefs look like fools for believing him.

Good riddance.

TEX
12-05-2019, 02:56 PM
Hill didn't ****ing do anything bruh.

Hunt was caught in a lie on video shoving and toe tapping a chick over. It was barely a kick, but still, he did the shit. He lies about it, makes the Chiefs look like fools for believing him.

Good riddance.

The hasty decision to release him was dumb. It doesn't happen the way that it did, lie or not, if there wasn't pressure by a certain segment of the public to release him. Fast forward a year, and the Chiefs are the only loser in the situation.

RealSNR
12-07-2019, 05:20 PM

Well, if we didn't trade for this one DE who shall remain nameless, we would have had some cash to pursue Bell. We'd also have a 1st round pick to spend on the offensive line. Or somewhere else. Or trade down. Or trade up.

We'd also have another 2nd round pick this year to spend on OL. Or somewhere else. Or trade down. Or trade up.

But instead we acquired a guy who seems really nice and says good things and works hard in training camp.

O.city
12-07-2019, 05:30 PM
The jets beat writer said on Twitter the jets will eat salary and look to trade bell in the offseason

I’m guessing the chiefs end up being a bidder there. I hope it’s not a similar situation of the last few years where they tried to get him at the deadline, didn’t get it done then miss the guy in the playoffs where he could have helped

O.city
12-07-2019, 05:32 PM
Of course he may actually be done and not be very good anymore anyway

Chris Meck
12-07-2019, 05:35 PM
Of course he may actually be done and not be very good anymore anyway

OR maybe, like I've said a hundred fucking times that Bell's style only works with a specific type of offensive line.

One that we do not, and will never under Andy Reid and in this offensive system ever have.

Bell is not a gamebreaker. He's a plodder, a 'wear you down' all game long type.

He needs a huge, mauling offensive line.

I don't know what some of you are watching when you watch football. Do you only look at yardage totals?

O.city
12-07-2019, 05:40 PM
OR maybe, like I've said a hundred ****ing times that Bell's style only works with a specific type of offensive line.

One that we do not, and will never under Andy Reid and in this offensive system ever have.

Bell is not a gamebreaker. He's a plodder, a 'wear you down' all game long type.

He needs a huge, mauling offensive line.

I don't know what some of you are watching when you watch football. Do you only look at yardage totals?

He’s also a great pass catcher and has great vision. A couple things andy Reid backs usually are

Easy 6
12-07-2019, 05:56 PM
I’m always all about looking for the bright side with this team, but hell almighty... this straight off the couch rookie CB business is a real gut punch

Good grief our CB situation needs a complete overhaul

Demonpenz
12-07-2019, 06:06 PM

fuck yeah...They aren't plug and play especially when the line sucks.