PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Should they have called this unnecessary roughness

-King-
12-08-2019, 11:25 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">They would call this if it was on Brady <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/KCvsNE?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#KCvsNE</a> <a href="https://t.co/Ml8caUNpxG">pic.twitter.com/Ml8caUNpxG</a></p>&mdash; Koro (@nonsmoknlifboat) <a href="https://twitter.com/nonsmoknlifboat/status/1203823164364644358?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 8, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This is an argument I'm having in another thread. Supposedly this hit should have been flagged because Mahomes was heading out of bounds even though he asnt officially out of bounds yet. IMO, there's no way this should be flagged. A player in bounds is a player in bounds and can get hit. As much as I'd love for Mahomes to be protected, objectively there's no way they should call a penalty here.

Also it's weird how people hate the refs but want to add even more subjectivity to how they rule. So now they have to guess if a player is clearly going out of bounds on not? Makes no sense to me but hey...I'm CPs chief contrarian so I may be way off...

eDave
12-08-2019, 11:26 PM
There should have been a brawl after that. Defend your guy, linemen.

KC_Connection
12-08-2019, 11:27 PM
I've never seen a hit like this not called unnecessary roughness on an elite QB. And I can guarantee that if Mahomes was playing a different team in a different context, it absolutely would have been.

Rasputin
It would have been called against Tom Brady.

-King-
Messed up on the 3rd poll choice, I really am a dumbass LMAO. Should be "No it's not a penalty..."

DaFace
12-08-2019, 11:28 PM
Should it be? No. Do they often call that? Absolutely.

-King-
12-08-2019, 11:28 PM
It would have been called against Tom Brady.

So, it should or shouldn't be called a penalty?

-King-
12-08-2019, 11:29 PM

Can you fix the 3rd poll choice? :D

KS Smitty
12-08-2019, 11:30 PM
Yes.

Imon Yourside
12-08-2019, 11:30 PM
meant to vote the ORIGINAL #3 but happy with 1 now that the poll changed.

stevieray
12-08-2019, 11:31 PM
Definitely necessary.

No penalty.

:rolleyes:

KS Smitty
Messed up on the 3rd poll choice, I really am a dumbass LMAO. Should be "No it's not a penalty..."

Yes you are. :D

NJChiefsFan
If they never called it I would be fine with it not being. But in this league that's a penalty. They always call that.

The one they took away with the lb landing on Mahomes, ok, you can talk me into that one. Those kind they don't get consistent ever. But this they almost always call.

Imon Yourside
12-08-2019, 11:32 PM
If they never called it I would be fine with it not being. But in this league that's a penalty. They always call that.

The one they took away with the lb landing on Mahomes, ok, you can talk me into that one. Those kind they don't get consistent ever. But this they almost always call.

Yes especially on the leagues "favored" golden boys.

staylor26
12-08-2019, 11:32 PM
If they’re trying to be consistent, then yes that should be called

TomBarndtsTwin
12-08-2019, 11:33 PM
It absolutely would have been called if it was on Tom Brady.

Should it be called? Probably not.

Imon Yourside
12-08-2019, 11:35 PM
Lets be honest if that was Brady they would have thrown a flag AND thrown out the Chiefs defender.

Hammock Parties
12-08-2019, 11:40 PM
Mahomes went backward at an awkward angle at high velocity into sideline equipment.

The league has to protect the MVP better.

Imon Yourside
12-08-2019, 11:44 PM
Mahomes went backward at an awkward angle at high velocity into sideline equipment.

The league has to protect the MVP better.

I keep hearing they are and will yet this happens every game. Hard to believe they want him hurt.

Pitt Gorilla
12-08-2019, 11:46 PM
Lets be honest if that was Brady they would have thrown a flag AND thrown out the Chiefs defender.And kicked the defender's mom in the gooch.

ghak99
12-08-2019, 11:50 PM
I thought it should have been called based on the shove, but I suppose it technically started in bounds.

At the time I was actually more worried about him standing up right in front of that big fucking heater. My smaller versions will melt skin in that range and that thing looks to be much bigger.

-King-
12-09-2019, 12:02 AM
I really hate that the main defense of this being a penalty seems to be "If this had happened to Tom Brady..."

That's not a legitimate basis of what should or shouldn't be a penalty. It's a backwards way of admitting that it shouldn't be a penalty but based on the hypothetical you've made up in your mind, it is.

We all know if that play happened with Tom Brady and they threw a flag we'd all be screaming bullshit and posting gifs of how he was in bounds when he was hit. And rightfully so. It would be a bullshit penalty no matter who was at QB.

TinyEvel
12-09-2019, 12:03 AM
See, this is why we need Gherig Dieter on the active 53 man roster.

He would have been on the sidelines there and would certainly have thrown himself underneath Mahomes to pad his landing.

Buehler445
12-09-2019, 12:03 AM

This is the answer. They always call that shit. Hell a lot of WRs get that call if they're obviously going OOB.

Buehler445
12-09-2019, 12:04 AM
I really hate that the main defense of this being a penalty seems to be "If this had happened to Tom Brady..."

That's not a legitimate basis of what should or shouldn't be a penalty. It's a backwards way of admitting that it shouldn't be a penalty but based on the hypothetical you've made up in your mind, it is.

We all know if that play happened with Tom Brady and they threw a flag we'd all be screaming bullshit and posting gifs of how he was in bounds when he was hit. And rightfully so. It would be a bullshit penalty no matter who was at QB.

It's not. Everybody gets that call. If he were headed upfield, no. But he was obviously going OOB. They call that.

DaFace
12-09-2019, 12:13 AM

We all know if that play happened with Tom Brady and they threw a flag we'd all be screaming bullshit and posting gifs of how he was in bounds when he was hit. And rightfully so. It would be a bullshit penalty no matter who was at QB.It's not just Brady. That gets called probably 80% of the time on any QB.

Bump
12-09-2019, 12:15 AM
I don't think that should be a penalty. But they would call that 90% of the time and 100% of the time on Tom Brady. It's the inconsistent officiating that bothers me.

saphojunkie
12-09-2019, 12:41 AM
It’s not a penalty what’s wrong with you people? Bet your fucking ass they better not call that shit when we play Lamar Jackson.

Buehler445
12-09-2019, 12:42 AM
It’s not a penalty what’s wrong with you people? Bet your fucking ass they better not call that shit when we play Lamar Jackson.

Lamar doesn't willingly go out of bounds like that.

Plus his vision is better. If he's going to get lit up he does go out.

BWillie
12-09-2019, 12:47 AM

This is the correct answer. No sure why it should be a penalty to push a guy while he's still in bounds.

jjjayb
12-09-2019, 12:51 AM
He contacted Mahomes while he was still inbounds but he didn't shove him until he was out of bounds. Should have been a penalty.

Imon Yourside
12-09-2019, 12:59 AM
He contacted Mahomes while he was still inbounds but he didn't shove him until he was out of bounds. Should have been a penalty.

Correct

LongSufferingToady
12-09-2019, 01:20 AM
1. Should have been called for unnecessary roughness.

2. The bench should have cleared and clobbered the guy.

-King-
12-09-2019, 03:56 AM
It's not just Brady. That gets called probably 80% of the time on any QB.

Any examples? I asked this in the other thread and somehow the only example someone posted was the Chris Jones penalty on Brady last year. Don't ask me how it relates to this play because I'm still trying to figure it out.

I've literally never seen it called and people not say it was a bad call. Because it's literally a bad call. It's not a subjective penalty at all. A late hit OOB is a late hit OOB. There's no subjectivity that would allow the ref to throw a flag because the player was heading out of bounds.

-King-
12-09-2019, 04:00 AM

This is insane right?

Coogs
12-09-2019, 06:27 AM
That is the true definition of unnecessary roughness. I realize the game is tackle football. But that is unnecessary roughness.

Mile High Mania
12-09-2019, 06:34 AM
I think he touched him while he was still inbounds, but yeah - there was no threat of him doing anything but running out. That should have been a penalty.

Deberg_1990
12-09-2019, 06:38 AM
He started the tackle while Mahomes was still in bounds. Totally legit.

He probably should have let up as Mahomes stepped out. It’s a tough call. Probably looks worse than it actually was.

tredadda
12-09-2019, 06:47 AM
If you follow the letter of the law then no it shouldn’t be a penalty. If you follow the accepted rule of thumb in regards to a situation such as this then it absolutely should have been a penalty. Penalty or not if he were a different QB then it without a doubt would have been called. They need to enforce it properly or at least use the same standards across the board and not pick and choose when it is and is not a penalty.

tmax63
12-09-2019, 07:03 AM
During a hit after a pass is thrown in bounds, if the player doesn't let up it's a penalty. When a player has given up by sliding forcible contact is a penalty. When he is out of bounds or partially out then it should be a penalty as well and is normally called as such. I saw 2 hits on PMII yesterday that should of been flagged but they (the refs) let the Chiefs sack TB 3 times and hit him a couple without flags so I'm not really mad about it. If the flags were falling when TB was getting hit but not PMII then I would of been more pissed.

dj56dt58
12-09-2019, 07:11 AM
It should have been called, he pushed him a lot harder than needed to get him out of bounds. He pushed him hard enough to where he could have been seriously hurt with all the shit on the sidelines and honestly I was surprised he didnt get hurt there. That's where the unnecessary part comes in

oldman
12-09-2019, 07:20 AM
By the book, no, he was a runner. But we see that called every week when it's an established star QB. One way or another, NFL.

Garcia Bronco
12-09-2019, 07:52 AM
He was still in bounds while he got touched. The rest is b*******.

stevieray
12-09-2019, 08:00 AM

what's bullshit?

there was no call

Rasputin
12-09-2019, 08:05 AM

Beandip? baconstrip? burgerbun? barnicals? blueballs? badcackles? birdpoop? beanyweinies? budweiser? buttwhipes? buttholesurfer?

I don't know what kind of bullshit word you're trying to say ?

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
12-09-2019, 08:09 AM
I love Nick Wright. He straight up destroyed the Pats fans. Started off by saying that it’s raining in New York this morning but that’s from all the tears of the Pats fans over the past 12 hours than brought up numerous plays where pats should’ve been flagged but didn’t. Also if Belichick didn’t wast a challenge on the Sammy Watkins spot he could’ve challenged the Harry TD. Also Chiefs had almost 100 yards more in penalties yesterday

tyecopeland
12-09-2019, 09:20 AM
Any examples? I asked this in the other thread and somehow the only example someone posted was the Chris Jones penalty on Brady last year. Don't ask me how it relates to this play because I'm still trying to figure it out.

I've literally never seen it called and people not say it was a bad call. Because it's literally a bad call. It's not a subjective penalty at all. A late hit OOB is a late hit OOB. There's no subjectivity that would allow the ref to throw a flag because the player was heading out of bounds.

I just don't know how you can watch more than a game a week and swear to not have seen a play exactly like that get called a penalty.

Whether or not is a bad call is subjective. It's how they call it so it's a good call. I think it shouldn't be but it is. Just like I think a ton of pass interference calls are bad calls but by the rules in place they are good calls. Oh and block in the back calls, like kelce yesterday. If the blocker has his arms extended and the defender falls down it gets called whether or not there was actually a push.

burt
12-09-2019, 09:31 AM
THIS would be the best choice...

It's a penalty but -King- is still a dumbass

Imon Yourside
12-09-2019, 09:34 AM
THIS would be the best choice...

It's a penalty but -King- is still a dumbass

It was that way originally and I had regretted voting 1 instead of 3.

Mama Hip Rockets
12-09-2019, 09:42 AM
It's not necessarily a late hit, but they should have at least called unnecessary roughness. He didn't have to shove him down like that.

LiL stumppy
12-09-2019, 09:53 AM
I've never seen a hit like this not called unnecessary roughness on an elite QB. And I can guarantee that if Mahomes was playing a different team in a different context, it absolutely would have been.

These are comments that are so ignorant. No, it wouldn’t have been called simply if he played for a different team and it wasn’t missed because the NFL has some vandeta against the Chiefs. It was a close, missed call. That’s all it is.

The Chiefs were handed this game by the refs, yet people still think the Patriots get all the love. It’s getting Ridiculous

burt
12-09-2019, 10:06 AM
it wasn’t missed because the NFL has some vandeta against the Chiefs.

No...refs have been terrible for at least 2 years. NOT a vendetta against the Chiefs...they are just bad. Even when they can correct a call through a coaches challenge or mandated instant replay...they don't. The NFL must address this.

The Chiefs were handed this game by the refs,

I agree. BUT....there were so many bad calls. BOTH ways. so. very. bad.

Bearcat
12-09-2019, 10:26 AM
10+ years ago, that's never called and no one cares.

Now, it's pretty routinely called, and Mahomes has gotten that call.... and the refs were awful yesterday, so I doubt it's even a "well, if that was Brady yesterday" thing. They were incompetent all around.

redfan
12-09-2019, 10:30 AM
I'd just like to see some (ANY) consistency in the calls. I don't think that's too much to ask, but the NFL does.

crayzkirk
12-09-2019, 10:30 AM

Last year, Justin Houston hit Andrew Luck much later than this out of bounds in the playoff game. There was no flag and there really could have been one.

These guys aren't playing checkers and at some point, quarterbacks are going to need to start being treated like other runners.

Was it cheap? Yes. Was Mahomes still inbounds? Yes.

To me, it's the selective enforcement based on whom is being hit and whom is doing the hitting that's the problem.

DaFace
12-09-2019, 11:13 AM

I don't have any specific examples because that's kind of like asking for examples of pick plays being called. They happen all the time, but they don't often generate highlights you can easily find online.

dj56dt58
12-09-2019, 11:18 AM
The refs were so bad yesterday they accidentally screwed New England twice

-King-
12-09-2019, 11:30 AM
I don't have any specific examples because that's kind of like asking for examples of pick plays being called. They happen all the time, but they don't often generate highlights you can easily find online.

Sure. But how is it that literally nobody on this forum can show me one play where it happened? Even though it's not a highlight play, if it happens as often as you guys claimed, at least one person would be able to show me one instance of it being called. Yet nobody can.

There's no way if this happened in the playoffs against Lamar Jackson or someone and they called a penalty people on this forum would be okay with it. Because hitting a player in bounds is not a fucking penalty.

DaFace
12-09-2019, 11:55 AM
Sure. But how is it that literally nobody on this forum can show me one play where it happened? Even though it's not a highlight play, if it happens as often as you guys claimed, at least one person would be able to show me one instance of it being called. Yet nobody can.

There's no way if this happened in the playoffs against Lamar Jackson or someone and they called a penalty people on this forum would be okay with it. Because hitting a player in bounds is not a fucking penalty.Because we're not willing to spend hours looking over game film looking for it just to appease you?

Spott
12-09-2019, 11:59 AM
The refs were so bad yesterday they accidentally screwed New England twice

ROFL

-King-
12-09-2019, 12:01 PM
Because we're not willing to spend hours looking over game film looking for it just to appease you?
No one has to do that. But for something that happens all the time, the fact that no even one incident came to anyone's mind without having to look at game film is funny. Using the pick play comparison you mentioned, I'm sure if I made a thread about it, at least one person would remember a pick play penalty that was called/wasn't called.

But whatever, the poll speaks for itself. I'll concede the point.

Chief Roundup
12-09-2019, 12:22 PM
This is an argument I'm having in another thread. Supposedly this hit should have been flagged because Mahomes was heading out of bounds even though he asnt officially out of bounds yet. IMO, there's no way this should be flagged. A player in bounds is a player in bounds and can get hit. As much as I'd love for Mahomes to be protected, objectively there's no way they should call a penalty here.

Also it's weird how people hate the refs but want to add even more subjectivity to how they rule. So now they have to guess if a player is clearly going out of bounds on not? Makes no sense to me but hey...I'm CPs chief contrarian so I may be way off...
Everyone that is or has been watching football for years knows that was a unnecessary roughness penalty. Romo and Nance said as much also.
The biggest reason is that the precedent has been set by years of officiating where this has been a penalty. Mahomes was not out of bounds but with the angle he could not have turned it up field.
I think you are right that you are just being a contrarian.
If you want to see others on film YOU go look it up.

manchambo
12-09-2019, 12:24 PM
I think they should call that. And they often do.

What does it add to the game to shit can a runner as he's going out of bounds?

Buehler445
12-09-2019, 01:38 PM
Didn’t we get called for one on a WR this year? He was heading out and or db got to him about the OOB line and got UR penalty? I remember seeing one this year but can’t remember what game.

JakeF
12-09-2019, 01:57 PM
You would think that Mahomes has a big enough name now to get that call. If it was Brady,Brees,Rodgers is would have been called. Total bullshit.

underEJ
12-09-2019, 06:27 PM
This is inconsistently called because of Peyton Manning. It was a point of emphasis thing for a while that to protect QBs, just like a slide, if they give up and head out of bounds, you can't touch them. Them Manning comes along and starts faking the run out and grabbing 3 or 4 more yards before really going out. After that it started to get inconsistent with more mobile QBs who run frequently not getting the call. Now it is kind of messy, but I think Romo was right, it should have been called. The subjective part isn't how hard the hit is, it is whether he really gave up forward progress. And he did go out on the trajectory he was heading.

CasselGotPeedOn
12-10-2019, 04:45 PM
Dumbass POS Queen wrong again, as usual.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This is clearly a penalty on Hightower, no need to throw Mahomes out of bounds. Now watch the end and tell me you wouldn&#39;t want Cam Erving as a teammate. Dude flies in to protect <a href="https://twitter.com/PatrickMahomes?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@PatrickMahomes</a> after the play, great teammate <a href="https://t.co/HFiNPiNwsN">pic.twitter.com/HFiNPiNwsN</a></p>&mdash; Daniel Harms (inharmsway19) (@D_Harms19) <a href="https://twitter.com/D_Harms19/status/1204526037708812289?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 10, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ghak99
12-10-2019, 06:04 PM
I was really disappointed in how the bench reacted during and after that play, so it's nice to see that Erving showed some fire.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
12-10-2019, 06:09 PM
The one thing about Erving ever since he’s been here is that he’s always stuck up for his teammates no matter what. He’s a guy you want on your team

Bowser
12-10-2019, 06:16 PM
The hit in bounds is absolutely legal.

The shove Hightower gives Mahomes out of bounds is absolutely not.

This isn't fucking hard.

njchiefs
12-10-2019, 06:39 PM
So what happens if PM jukes a move while “heading out of bounds”, stays in bounds and gains another twenty yards? If there is no penalty for that, then the defender has every right to shove him out of bounds.

-King-
12-10-2019, 06:40 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This is clearly a penalty on Hightower, no need to throw Mahomes out of bounds. Now watch the end and tell me you wouldn&#39;t want Cam Erving as a teammate. Dude flies in to protect <a href="https://twitter.com/PatrickMahomes?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@PatrickMahomes</a> after the play, great teammate <a href="https://t.co/HFiNPiNwsN">pic.twitter.com/HFiNPiNwsN</a></p>&mdash; Daniel Harms (inharmsway19) (@D_Harms19) <a href="https://twitter.com/D_Harms19/status/1204526037708812289?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 10, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Like I said, I'll concede to the majority. But I still don't believe that's a penalty. If one of our players pushes Brady or Jackson while they're still in bounds, it better not be a fucking penalty because pushing someone while they're in bounds is not a fucking penalty. It's just not.

ThyKingdomCome15
12-10-2019, 06:41 PM
Pat slowed down and it cost him.

-King-
12-10-2019, 06:44 PM
So what happens if PM jukes a move while “heading out of bounds”, stays in bounds and gains another twenty yards? If there is no penalty for that, then the defender has every right to shove him out of bounds.

Exactly.

It's crazy that people are okay with refs determining when a player is "clearly" going out of bounds or not. People hate when refs make judgement calls but suddenly in this case it's okay.

Until a player steps out of bounds, it should be okay to shove them.

Buehler445
12-10-2019, 06:45 PM

Erving isn’t good. But he’ll fight a bitch if anyone gets chippy with his guy.

Buehler445
12-10-2019, 06:55 PM
Exactly.

It's crazy that people are okay with refs determining when a player is "clearly" going out of bounds or not. People hate when refs make judgement calls but suddenly in this case it's okay.

Until a player steps out of bounds, it should be okay to shove them.

You’re continually missing the point.

I agree with your interpretation of the rules. But it doesn’t change the fact that they’ve been calling that UR. If they’re going to call it UR for anybody in the league they goddamned well better call it for my guy.

Jewish Rabbi
12-10-2019, 07:30 PM
Isn’t this the same as the roughing on Rodgers called against the Chiefs?

-King-
12-10-2019, 07:33 PM
You’re continually missing the point.

I agree with your interpretation of the rules. But it doesn’t change the fact that they’ve been calling that UR. If they’re going to call it UR for anybody in the league they goddamned well better call it for my guy.

And Everytime someone says this, I ask for one instance that's been called and nobody can show me. How can it be called so often and not one person can give me an example? Just one out of the supposedly multiple times it's been called this season? The only times I've seen it been called, people agreed that it was a bad call.

-King-
12-10-2019, 07:35 PM
<script defer src="//www.clippituser.tv/c/static/widget.js?cid=pdvlpd"></script>

How is this any different? Ironically, Romo was calling the game too and he didn't have any problem with this.

TwistedChief
12-10-2019, 07:35 PM
I don't even know how people think this is close. There's clearly a premium placed on protecting the QB. If this is some RB, then yes, I can understand the debate. But a QB?

It was a rough play. And it was clearly unnecessary. And it was against someone who plays the premium position that other teams are actively trying to injure.

teedubya
12-10-2019, 07:36 PM
Hightower slapped Mahomes hand out of the way, and then pushed him hard into the sideline. That should definitely be called. I've seen much nicer pushes get called.

Buehler445
12-10-2019, 07:42 PM
And Everytime someone says this, I ask for one instance that's been called and nobody can show me. How can it be called so often and not one person can give me an example? Just one out of the supposedly multiple times it's been called this season? The only times I've seen it been called, people agreed that it was a bad call.

I looked for a few minutes on YouTube and couldn’t find anything. Just clips from that shitty Micheal Ohr movie.

But I’m pretty sure I’ve seen it called on WRs that are obviously going out.

DRM08
12-10-2019, 07:50 PM
You would think that Mahomes has a big enough name now to get that call. If it was Brady,Brees,Rodgers is would have been called. Total bullshit.

Hell, I saw Lamar Jackson earlier in the day take a very weak hit and they gave him the flag. He's getting the veteran superstar QB treatment despite the fact he's plenty young and plenty elusive enough to avoid the hits. Doesn't need help from the refs.

Mahomes is young, but has been injured since Quarter 2 of Game 1 this year. You would think the NFL would like to see him able to stay on the field the rest of the season. Apparently not.

NJChiefsFan
12-10-2019, 08:17 PM

I mean I know that Philip Gaines made a lot of poor plays on the chiefs but it doesn't mean I can recall them all or find them on game for instantly.

kccrow
12-10-2019, 08:23 PM
I agree with DaFace on this one...

Should? No. He was a yard in bounds when contact was initiated.
Is there precedent for calling it? Absolutely, especially when the player's course of travel is direct to the sideline as Pat's was.

-King-
12-10-2019, 08:34 PM
I mean I know that Philip Gaines made a lot of poor plays on the chiefs but it doesn't mean I can recall them all or find them on game for instantly.

Sure, but I can. It's not like I asked just one person and they couldn't recall. I asked anybody that's reading this. If it happens as much as people claim, at least a couple people should remember one interesting they saw it

Jewish Rabbi is the only one given a play and while I don't think Damien Wilson should have been flagged for it, he made first contact AFTER Rodgers had already stepped out. Quite different from the Mahomes play or the Goff play I posted above.

-King-
12-10-2019, 08:39 PM
Isn’t this the same as the roughing on Rodgers called against the Chiefs?

Rodgers was out already by the time Wilson tackled him

https://i.imgur.com/7S1n7gP.gif

KC Hawks
12-10-2019, 08:57 PM
Erving after the game: "If Pat gets hurt, it's only going to be because of me!"

NJChiefsFan
12-10-2019, 10:00 PM
Erving after the game: "If Pat gets hurt, it's only going to be because of me!"

That would be hilarious if he said that.

njchiefs
12-11-2019, 06:36 AM
I agree with DaFace on this one...

Should? No. He was a yard in bounds when contact was initiated.
Is there precedent for calling it? Absolutely, especially when the player's course of travel is direct to the sideline as Pat's was.

Again, it’s easy enough for an athletic quarterback to redirect and head upfield even when it looks like he’s going out of bounds. So officially make it a penalty for a QB to redirect and gain yardage in this instance, then it’s legit. It’s too much to ask a defender to have to calculate possible scenarios in his head when things happen in an instant. It’s a pussy shove for crying out loud. It’s football. Now a shove like that in a Cleveland Hotel hallway ... different story.

Imon Yourside
12-11-2019, 08:14 AM
<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/U4HOdwwLclM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I guess Mahomes teammates need to stick up for him more.