PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs AFC West Week 15 Predictions

jjchieffan
12-11-2019, 09:27 PM
First off in week 15, we have a matchup between the 4 time consecutive Kansas City Chiefs hosting the 5-8 Denver Donkeys. Both teams are coming off of an impressive wins. The Chiefs went into Fixboro and ended the Patriots 21 game regular season home winning streak. Meanwhile, the Donks dominated AFC South leader Houston. Now the Donk homers are excited again, Drew, chokes in big games, Lock is their QBOTF, and some of them are actually thinking that he is better than Mahomes. Take it from a Mizzou fan. Lock will always let you down in big games. This week is no big game for the Chiefs. They already have the division sewn up. But it is a big game for Lock, who is returning to his hometown and playing in Arrowhead for the first time. Rookie quarterbacks do not do well their first time in Arrowhead. Andrew Luck is the only rookie QB to ever win in Arrowhead. Drew Lock is not going to be the second. Chiefs win handily as Drew Lock goes 14/32 for 124 yards, 1 TD and 3 int, while Mahomes schools him going 24/29 for 278 yards and 3 TD. Final score Good Guys 31Cheating Donks 13.

Next game up is the matchup between the Oakland Faiders and the hapless Jaguars. Chokeland is on a downward spiral. Not long ago, they were fighting for the AFC West title. 3 losses later, they are out of the race and just playing for pride. This week, they should be able to end the losing streak. They face a bad Jaguars team that hasn't won a game since early in the season. I give this one to the Fade 16-9

Finally we have the preseason Superbowl champs. It looks like those expectations were just a tad off. The Sharters have absolutely tanked and currently sit at 5-8. What looked early to be a tough match, now looks to be an easy win for the Vikings. The Chargers are coming off a win against the Jaguars, but that doesn't mean that they should be expecting a win this week against a playoff contender. The Vikings win 27-22

Why Not?
12-11-2019, 09:44 PM
I think you’re spot on with the Chiefs. I think the Raiders show more than you think. Last game ever in Oakland vs a Jags team who quit weeks ago. Also, it would be just like the Chargers to kick ass this week in a “day late, dollar short” type game.

The Refs
12-11-2019, 10:35 PM
https://boropulse.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/ref-throwing-flag-600x363.jpg

Penalty! Too many terrible team nick names. 5 Yard penalty, retry thread!

Mile High Mania
12-12-2019, 06:31 AM
https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/it-s-going-to-be-different-drew-lock-prepares-for-homecoming-trip-to-kc-as-bronc

Interesting...

KChiefs1
12-12-2019, 07:22 AM
https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/it-s-going-to-be-different-drew-lock-prepares-for-homecoming-trip-to-kc-as-bronc

Interesting...

Journalism has gotten stupid.

Lock, though, isn't heading back home to prove he’s better than Mahomes — or to show the Chiefs that they should’ve waited to draft him this season.

I’m sure the Chiefs were going to wait two years just to draft Lock.

Mile High Mania
12-12-2019, 07:33 AM
Journalism has gotten stupid.

I’m sure the Chiefs were going to wait two years just to draft Lock.

Totally agree...

Pasta Little Brioni
12-12-2019, 08:05 AM
We'll see right?

Mile High Mania
12-12-2019, 09:21 AM
We'll see right?

Maybe, but I'm on record with a 20-24 KC win...

Pasta Little Brioni
12-12-2019, 09:37 AM
Thought it would be a "split"

Mile High Mania
12-12-2019, 09:56 AM
Thought it would be a "split"

There's still hope... slim as it may be. I think Denver is in a much better position now than they were earlier in the season to beat KC. They've played better since kicking Flacco to the curb. (shocker) Doesn't mean they won't be destroyed this weekend, but

Someone mentioned it earlier... right now, I'm in that Trevor mode - he was good enough to have some success and then fell back to earth. I think Lock definitely has more upside than he does and is better than anything else they've trotted out since Manning, but that's a low bar.

I'm not going to put huge expectations on him at this point and get all pissed off if he falls flat in his 3rd start (2nd on the road) against a top AFC contender. I think I'm reasonably and caustiously optimistic with him... win 2 of the next 3 to end the season, making him 4 and 5 would be a nice way to end 2019.

Maybe he's Alex Smith Light... or Alex Smith/Jake Plummer ... nobody knows, but there's some promise there and if that can consistently continue to improve, I am good.

jjchieffan
12-12-2019, 10:01 AM
I hope that Lock continues to perform like he did at MU. Showing flashes enough to make you think that he's special, but more often than not, letting you down. I went through that crap over and over. Embrace it. It's who he is.

Mile High Mania
12-12-2019, 10:07 AM
I hope that Lock continues to perform like he did at MU. Showing flashes enough to make you think that he's special, but more often than not, letting you down. I went through that crap over and over. Embrace it. It's who he is.

That's certainly plausable...

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HighYellowishFirefly-size_restricted.gif

KChiefs1
12-12-2019, 11:02 AM

I think that’s going to happen. He’ll be amazing one week & screw up the next.

Direckshun
12-12-2019, 11:25 AM
Mahomes is going to struggle, because Denver applies a ton of pressure, and they cover pretty well. That's the equation to slowing down Mahomes this year.

The Chiefs D will have a bigger challenge than you assume. Drew Lock is not the key reason Drew Lock is looking good, Phillip Lindsay is. Lindsay is a hell of a runner, maybe a Top 3 RB in the league right now, and he's tough to stop. If he's going, then Lock can capitalize.

So our focus needs to be on clamping down Lindsay -- a tall order, but one we are capable of doing. So long as we can do that we can neuter Lock, but again, that's a tall order.

So ultimately I'd pick the Chiefs to win, but I think it's going to be a slugfest and I do think the Donks will trot out a couple trick plays because this is their Super Bowl.

Chiefs 23
Broncos 20

TEX
12-12-2019, 11:26 AM

Especially in many of the big games...

Mile High Mania
12-12-2019, 11:38 AM
Mahomes is going to struggle, because Denver applies a ton of pressure, and they cover pretty well. That's the equation to slowing down Mahomes this year.

The Chiefs D will have a bigger challenge than you assume. Drew Lock is not the key reason Drew Lock is looking good, Phillip Lindsay is. Lindsay is a hell of a runner, maybe a Top 3 RB in the league right now, and he's tough to stop. If he's going, then Lock can capitalize.

So our focus needs to be on clamping down Lindsay -- a tall order, but one we are capable of doing. So long as we can do that we can neuter Lock, but again, that's a tall order.

So ultimately I'd pick the Chiefs to win, but I think it's going to be a slugfest and I do think the Donks will trot out a couple trick plays because this is their Super Bowl.

Chiefs 23
Broncos 20

There's absolutely no doubt that Lindsay and Freeman are key to what has been happening and if they are going to do anything positive on Sunday, they need 120+ yards and a consistent threat in the ground game. Basic football and it opens up what they can do with Lock - he's not a statue like Flacco.

Additionally, Fant and Beck have to be a focus early - it opens things up and gives Lock breathing room and a better chance to execute.

They can't rely on Lock to deliver a win on his own... not in game 3 on the road @ Arrowhead.

Denver was up 14 on MIN several weeks ago and fell flat late - lost the momentum they were getting from the ground game and the defense buckled late. Rushed 33 times for 124 yards and controlled the clock.

@ BUF - they were a miserable failure

LAC - they got up early and played it safe, barely held on. Ground game did little.

@ HOU - they got up early and the defense was on fire, the passing game was hot. The ground game was average.

So, in 3 of the last 4 - ton of inconsistencies. But, contrary to early in the season, they were up big in 3 of the 4 games and held on to win.

Denver needs 35 carries and they need 120+ yards on the ground. In 3 of the last 5 games, Fant has been a solid presence and that has to repeat. Sutton will have a tough time most likely, unless they find a way for Patrick, Fant, Heuerman and Hamilton to get a few more targets.

I think they have a lot of positives going forward, but for this game - if the ground attack isn't happening, they're going to fail miserably.

Your predicition is in line with mine.

TEX
12-12-2019, 11:42 AM
Your predicition is in line with mine.

Duly noted...

Pasta Little Brioni
12-12-2019, 12:53 PM
Direction is a damn buffoon