PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Everyone say "CHEESE" !

scho63
12-14-2019, 10:05 AM
In the last 3-4 months I think I've eaten 100 pounds of cheese.

Hard cheese-soft cheese
Bitter cheese-sweet cheese
Smoked cheese-natural cheese
Flavored cheese-coated cheese
Spreadable cheese-crumbly cheese
Salty cheese-peppery cheese
Domestic cheese-international cheese
Cold cheese-melted cheese
Smelly cheese-floral cheese

I love it all; Gouda, Goat, Edam, Mozzarella, Sharp Cheddar, Provolone, Camembert, Gorgonzola, Manchego, Gruyere, Pepper Jack, Brie, Triple Cream, Queso Fresco, Feta, Oaxaco, Halloumi, Paneer, Fontina, Imported Swiss/ Baby Swiss, Raclette, Havarti, Asiago, Parmesan Reggiano, Jarlsberg, Butterkäse, Rushan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cheeses

I cook one of the best grilled cheese sandwiches and always have plenty of cheese on any sandwich I serve.

So what cheeses are your favorites, which do you hate and what would you like to try? :thumb:

chinaski
12-14-2019, 10:06 AM
https://media1.giphy.com/media/Dc60NIUs12QvK/source.gif

Kman34
12-14-2019, 10:13 AM
I like Pepperjack, Sharp Chedder, Swiss, and Gouda... Pretty basic.. Do you put Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip on your grilled cheese??

Hydrae
12-14-2019, 10:14 AM
I love Port Wine cheese on Ritz crackers. Great afternoon, sitting around watching the game, snack.

FAX
12-14-2019, 10:47 AM
I thought I made myself clear, Mr. scho63.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=153743

FAX THE DISAPPOINTED

bdj23
12-14-2019, 10:49 AM
Osceola Cheese has some ghost pepper cheese that I love

ptlyon
12-14-2019, 11:07 AM
Do you happen to have a plunger? I've been eating a lot of cheese lately.

Chiefsguyinri
12-14-2019, 11:09 AM
You forgot to eat government cheese

TambaBerry
12-14-2019, 11:22 AM
Have you taken a shit?

Raiderhater
12-14-2019, 11:32 AM
Blue cheese and Gorgonzola are positively disgusting. Out side of types of cheeses I appreciate to love most any kind of cheese. I am particular to smoked and horseradish cheese.

frozenchief
12-14-2019, 12:46 PM
You forgot to eat government cheese

That’s a great song by the Rainmakers.

Abba-Dabba
12-14-2019, 12:53 PM
I rarely eat cheese. When I do though it seems to be a cheese that has peppers in it of some sort. Or some fufu cheese topped with some type of jam or fruit preserves. I guess we could add parmesan to the list as well. I stay away from yellow cheese if it all possible. Don't order cheese on a burger and haven't eaten a grilled cheese in at least a decade. Overall just not a big fan of cheese.

BWillie
12-14-2019, 12:53 PM

Hard cheese-soft cheese

I love it all; Gouda, Goat, Edam, Mozzarella, Sharp Cheddar, Provolone, Camembert, Gorgonzola, Manchego, Gruyere, Pepper Jack, Brie, Triple Cream, Queso Fresco, Feta, Oaxaco, Halloumi, Paneer, Fontina, Imported Swiss/ Baby Swiss, Raclette, Havarti, Asiago, Parmesan Reggiano, Jarlsberg, Butterkäse, Rushan.

I cook one of the best grilled cheese sandwiches and always have plenty of cheese on any sandwich I serve.

So what cheeses are your favorites, which do you hate and what would you like to try? :thumb:

I fucking hate cheese. I think I am one of the only North American people that exists who hates cheese. The only cheese I can do is on Pizza with tons of tomato sauce and light cheese. American cheese melted really is one of the sickest things on the face of this planet.

I think I''m just more evolved than all of you guys :)
Why would you choose to eat something that is literally decaying?

Randallflagg
12-14-2019, 12:55 PM
Velveeta.........ROFL

Or cheddar

Pasta Little Brioni
12-14-2019, 12:56 PM
I like Pepperjack, Sharp Chedder, Swiss, and Gouda... Pretty basic.. Do you put Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip on your grilled cheese??

Fuck no. Use butter for fucks sake..

Abba-Dabba
12-14-2019, 12:57 PM
I ****ing hate cheese. I think I am one of the only North American people that exists who hates cheese. The only cheese I can do is on Pizza with tons of tomato sauce and light cheese. American cheese melted really is one of the sickest things on the face of this planet.

If you didn't eat anything that isn't decaying, then you wouldn't eat.

seclark
12-14-2019, 12:58 PM
Velveeta.........ROFL

Or cheddar

Actually not bad w holiday leftovers
Sec

BWillie
12-14-2019, 01:03 PM
If you didn't eat anything that isn't decaying, then you wouldn't eat.

Perhaps "rotting" would be a better word.

If something stinks, it should be in our evolutionary nature to not eat it.

Abba-Dabba
12-14-2019, 01:08 PM

Aged beef? Sauerkraut or kimchi? Miso?

Hydrae
12-14-2019, 01:13 PM
Velveeta.........ROFL

Or cheddar

I do love the occasional Velveeta and Miracle Whip sandwich. Also Velveeta works well for mac and cheese and simple queso with Rotel.

BWillie
12-14-2019, 01:14 PM
Aged beef? Sauerkraut or kimchi? Miso?

I hate sauerkraut. I LOVE wet aged beef, but I HATE dry aged beef. Perhaps for the same reasons? I'm not sure. I think dry aged beef is a process where they cut off rotted parts of the beef while it ages.

frozenchief
12-14-2019, 01:21 PM
I fucking hate cheese. I think I am one of the only North American people that exists who hates cheese. The only cheese I can do is on Pizza with tons of tomato sauce and light cheese. American cheese melted really is one of the sickest things on the face of this planet.

Cheese is not literally decaying. Cheese does rely upon bacteria to interact with dairy. You could argue bread is the product of decay, relying upon yeast to eat aVailable sugars. Wine and beer are the same way. Any aged/cured meat is the same: cured ham; aged steaks; dried sausages. Blue cheese relies upon mold growth but that is done under controlled circumstances.

That doesn’t mean you should like it. Just means it’s not decaying. Our meat is decaying, but the decay rate is greatly slowed by temperature.

And I love cheese. Our local store has a good cheese shop. Ones I’ve been eating recently:

frommage dauphinoise
Humboldt blue
Stilton (excellent on steak)
Rogue creamery makes a lot of great cheese
Manchego

I know I’m missing a lot because we frequently have a cheese board for dinner.

You ever eat quince or spiced cherries with your cheese? They go really well with stinky, runny cheese or blue cheeses.

EPodolak
12-14-2019, 01:23 PM
"As the body digests dairy, the milk protein casein creates an opiate-like effect through the production of peptides called casomorphins."

100 lbs? Just say No.

MOhillbilly
12-14-2019, 01:25 PM
Alpine cheese are the best cheese.

frozenchief
12-14-2019, 01:25 PM
I hate sauerkraut. I LOVE wet aged beef, but I HATE dry aged beef. Perhaps for the same reasons? I'm not sure. I think dry aged beef is a process where they cut off rotted parts of the beef while it ages.

They don’t cut off rotted parts. When beef is dry aged properly, it develops a hard crust on the outside while in the inside, bacteria desiccates the meat, concentrating beef flavors and adding umami. When the roast is ready, the hard crust is cut away.

Dry aging for about 30-40 days is actually the optimum. Less than that doesn’t really add flavor. More than that can make it really strong.

Jewish Rabbi
12-14-2019, 01:27 PM
Fremunda cheese anyone?

Mahomes_Is_God
12-14-2019, 02:45 PM
Have you tried Casu marzu cheese? They say it's the world's best cheese.

eDave
12-14-2019, 02:46 PM
Pepperjack is about as crazy as I get with cheese.

Megatron96
12-14-2019, 02:51 PM
AS I understand it, cheese is actually 'alive' until you cut into it. The complete opposite of 'rotting' or 'decaying.'

Nzoner
12-14-2019, 02:58 PM
Do you put Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip on your grilled cheese??

No thanks,I put mustard and dill pickles on mine.

MagicHef
12-14-2019, 04:24 PM

Do you drink alcohol?

TripleThreat
12-14-2019, 04:27 PM
Burgers = American/Cheddar/ Pepper Jack
Crackers = Pepper Jack, Habanero Pepper jack/Cheddar etc etc
Sandwiches = Pepper Jack

I don't like the fancy stuff, or the harsh tasting stuff.

Megatron96
12-14-2019, 04:28 PM
Cheese is amazing stuff. Almost as good as bacon for making things taste better.

Right now I'm on a blue cheese kick, and Gruyere as well.

Scorp
12-14-2019, 04:54 PM
Smoked cheese is outta this world.

vailpass
12-14-2019, 05:00 PM
Jarlesberg dip is the goods, especially on a good multigrain cracker.

scho63
12-14-2019, 06:55 PM
I thought I made myself clear, Mr. scho63.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=153743

FAX THE DISAPPOINTED

That cheese expired in 2014. :D

InChiefsHeaven
12-14-2019, 06:56 PM

Do you drink milk? Eat yogurt? Sour cream?

Cheese rules.

InChiefsHeaven
12-14-2019, 06:57 PM
Manchego cheese and Boars Head chorizo and crackers on the couch watching movies with my wife...a perfect afternoon.

scho63
12-14-2019, 06:58 PM
I love Port Wine cheese on Ritz crackers. Great afternoon, sitting around watching the game, snack.

My mom used to buy that all the time along with the Boursin spreadable Garlic and Herb. The Port Wine one would always destroy the crackers. ROFL

I don't but those anymore, just straight up cheese for my charcuterie platters.

scho63
12-14-2019, 06:59 PM
Do you happen to have a plunger? I've been eating a lot of cheese lately.

I don't think you will need a plunger as much as an enema! :eek:

scho63
12-14-2019, 07:03 PM
Burgers = American/Cheddar/ Pepper Jack
Crackers = Pepper Jack, Habanero Pepper jack/Cheddar etc etc
Sandwiches = Pepper Jack

I don't like the fancy stuff, or the harsh tasting stuff.

Here are a couple of suggestions

Burgers = Try Fontina or Gruyere instead, they melt great and have a wonderful subtle flavor

Crackers = Triple Cream Brie with a little dollop of raspberry preserves or Jarlsberg

Sandwiches = Havarti or Havarti with Dill, tastes great with boiled ham

scho63
12-14-2019, 07:06 PM
I fucking hate cheese.

You poor, poor man......:doh!:

scho63
12-14-2019, 07:08 PM
And I love cheese. Our local store has a good cheese shop. Ones I’ve been eating recently:

frommage dauphinoise
Humboldt blue
Stilton (excellent on steak)
Rogue creamery makes a lot of great cheese
Manchego

I know I’m missing a lot because we frequently have a cheese board for dinner.

You ever eat quince or spiced cherries with your cheese? They go really well with stinky, runny cheese or blue cheeses.

I have quince paste with Queso Fresco often,a great combo of salty/sweet.

Dried cherries come on some of the boards I order.

I think you and I would easily enjoy a giant Charcuterie together. :clap:

frozenchief
12-14-2019, 07:09 PM
Here are a couple of suggestions

Burgers = Try Fontina or Gruyere instead, they melt great and have a wonderful subtle flavor

Crackers = Triple Cream Brie with a little dollop of raspberry preserves or Jarlsberg

Sandwiches = Havarti or Havarti with Dill, tastes great with boiled ham

If you like triple cream Brie, try frommage dauphinoise. It’s sublime.

BWillie
12-14-2019, 07:14 PM
Do you drink milk? Eat yogurt? Sour cream?

Cheese rules.

No I do not. All are gross. I do drink almond milk. Tastes much better.

Sour cream is gross too. I do like the sour Bang Energy Drink, tho.

Randallflagg
12-14-2019, 07:18 PM
I do love the occasional Velveeta and Miracle Whip sandwich. Also Velveeta works well for mac and cheese and simple queso with Rotel.

I dearly LOVE velveeta, Chili and Salsa - melted together and eaten with taco chips.....

Good eatin!

Setsuna
12-14-2019, 07:20 PM
Dairy is having adverse effects on my body. I used to destroy cheese and ice cream. Will have to quit it.

scho63
12-14-2019, 07:26 PM
How can you not like some cheese on a great charcuterie board? :hmmm:

These are all ones I've ordered out

I sometimes make a large one myself and eat it for dinner. I'll add things besides the meats and cheeses like radishes, walnuts, honey, pickles, roasted red peppers and pepperdew, cantaloupe chunks, raspberry or apricot preserves, toasted french bread, water crackers.

scho63
12-14-2019, 07:29 PM
If you like triple cream Brie, try frommage dauphinoise. It’s sublime.

Added to my list! Thanks. I've seen it in Sprouts grocery stores here in Scottsdale.

Have you ever had grilled Halloumi cheese? Very high melting point and served in some Turkish and Middle Eastern restaurants

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halloumi

gblowfish
12-14-2019, 07:33 PM
Did you get any Venezuelan Beaver Cheese?
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Hz1JWzyvv8A" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

EPodolak
12-14-2019, 07:48 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Hz1JWzyvv8A" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Heh, thought of that sketch when I read the OP.

mlyonsd
12-14-2019, 07:50 PM
Gruyere for the win.

frozenchief
12-14-2019, 11:23 PM
Added to my list! Thanks. I've seen it in Sprouts grocery stores here in Scottsdale.

Have you ever had grilled Halloumi cheese? Very high melting point and served in some Turkish and Middle Eastern restaurants

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halloumi

I havent but I will.

scho63
12-15-2019, 03:56 AM
I was wondering who was going to post this! Fantastic skit!!! :LOL::LOL:

scho63
12-15-2019, 04:05 AM
Gruyere for the win.

Gruyere is one of the best cheeses for upscale mac and cheese. I had a place that did Gruyere with prosciutto and sweet peas on Cavatappi pasta. It was so creamy and tasted fantastic.

Cafe de Luxe in Tyson’s Corner VA

Mike in SW-MO
12-15-2019, 07:34 AM
That’s a great song by the Rainmakers.

Yes it is. But that means you are old.

Got to try some government cheese when they sold their excess back in the 70's. It was some of the best sharp cheddar I have ever eaten.

Raiderhater
12-15-2019, 08:22 AM
Gruyere is one of the best cheeses for upscale mac and cheese. I had a place that did Gruyere with prosciutto and sweet peas on Cavatappi pasta. It was so creamy and tasted fantastic.

I just bought some smoked Gruyere yesterday for French onion soup.

BucEyedPea
12-15-2019, 08:37 AM

:eek:

BucEyedPea
12-15-2019, 08:40 AM

Hard cheese-soft cheese

Where's the Mascarpone?

It can be eaten right out of the container if you need a quick sweet fix.

BucEyedPea
12-15-2019, 08:41 AM
Dairy is having adverse effects on my body. I used to destroy cheese and ice cream. Will have to quit it.

It ain't diary anymore in America. Switch to grass fed organic and rarely have it. It helps, unless you really are allergic or lactose intolerant.

BucEyedPea
12-15-2019, 08:45 AM
I dearly LOVE velveeta, Chili and Salsa - melted together and eaten with taco chips.....

Good eatin!

It's not cheese ya' know. It was at one time, but they changed it with some substitute ingredients so it has to be called a cheese "product" now.

BucEyedPea
12-15-2019, 08:52 AM
Oh and where's the goat cheese on your long list of cheese names, scho?

It's great spread on toast with jam, in an omelet with spinach, roasted tomatoes and bacon slices, and in a salad. Soften to add herbs and spices for a dairy-free version of Boursin. Makes a good frosting on a spice or citrus cake. Or you can make a substitute cream cheese and cream cheese frosting mixing it half-and-half with Kite Hill's almond milk cream cheese substitute. I did that on my daughter's B'Day over Thanks giving but added a boiled, then chopped-up whole orange, for a citrus flavor that was delicious.

Setsuna take note for tips. Also, if you make your own rice milk, which is very easy, it works well as a substitute in baking. My daughter can't have dairy products either. Tho' I doubt you bake.

BucEyedPea
12-15-2019, 08:54 AM

I use a sharp white cheddar. Works form me and I fed it to my kid growing up. I won't eat any cheese that uses orange dye color. Totally artificial. It's neon-colored cheese.

scho63
12-15-2019, 10:06 AM
Do you put Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip on your grilled cheese??

:eek::eek:

BLASPHEMY!!!

No true cheese lover and connoisseur would do that. It's 100% salted butter and I melt a full stick first, then I coat both sides of the bread fully with the melted butter. I always do two sandwiches and add dijon mustard on the inside.

I keep the flame on medium for a slow, crispy and very melted grilled cheese. I also go with 2 whole Claussen Dill pickles and chocolate milk for my drink of choice. :p

Sometimes I'll have some soup to go along but not imperative.

scho63
12-15-2019, 10:08 AM
Where's the Mascarpone?

It can be eaten right out of the container if you need a quick sweet fix.

Love that and mozzarella or burrata as well. Those Italians know their cheese pretty well like the French and Swiss. :thumb:

scho63
12-15-2019, 10:11 AM
Oh and where's the goat cheese on your long list of cheese names, scho?

This has been on sale along with 5 or 6 of their other flavors at Safeway for $2.99, goat cheese covered in real blueberries.

I buy this along with a hard cheese and 3 Ciabatta rolls and have it for breakfast with my decaf coffee. Great stuff!

https://images.albertsons-media.com/is/image/ABS/960144194

scho63
12-28-2019, 08:53 AM
Been on an Asiago kick for my burgers and adding to some sandwiches.

A little stronger and more bitter than Provolone but a little less salty. Both melt great but you only need a single normal slice on a burger as the flavor comes through easily.

Bearcat
12-28-2019, 10:49 AM
I like a side of Richard Cheese with my breakfast.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/o7ojOWMwpNM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

cabletech94
12-28-2019, 12:32 PM
I just bought some smoked Gruyere yesterday for French onion soup.

this! every bit of this!! great pairing!! with a day old loaf of french bread!! ohhhh snap!