PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Melvin Gordon A Chief In 2020?

kevrunner
12-17-2019, 10:02 PM
I just read an article where they listed the top free agents after this season and what team they will sign with. They have Melvin Gordon becoming a Chief. Is there really any likelihood of this happening?

kcjayhawks5
12-17-2019, 10:04 PM
No

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
12-17-2019, 10:05 PM
If I was going to pick a RB off of that team, I'd take Ekeler over Gordon and then draft a stud RB in the 2nd or 3rd.

Haven't been impressed with Gordon since he came into the league.

comochiefsfan
12-17-2019, 10:05 PM
Gordon is extremely overrated.

We can get a guy just as good through the draft for a fraction of the cost.

Deberg_1990
12-17-2019, 10:08 PM
Kareem Hunt to the Chiefs in 2020

RealSNR
12-17-2019, 10:09 PM
Not if he wants to get paid.

carcosa
12-17-2019, 10:10 PM
No

Yip

Red Dawg
12-17-2019, 10:12 PM
Won't happen. He wants money and we won't give it. Probably shouldn't anyway.

ModSocks
12-17-2019, 10:13 PM
LMAO

Are you kidding me? Have you even watched him play?

Hellllllls nah

Eleazar
12-17-2019, 10:16 PM
You can get a Melvin Gordon in the middle rounds of the draft whenever you want. There's no need to pay big money for him.

ModSocks
12-17-2019, 10:20 PM
Let me clarify my position. I would give him Spencer Ware money. Carlos Hyde money.

Nothing near featured back money.

Chiefshrink
12-17-2019, 10:37 PM
If I was going to pick a RB off of that team, I'd take Ekeler over Gordon and then draft a stud RB in the 2nd or 3rd.

Haven't been impressed with Gordon since he came into the league.

This all day.:clap:

WhawhaWhat
12-17-2019, 10:38 PM
If they are going to go down the road of signing a free agent RB, I'd rather have Derrick Henry. Maybe Kenyan Drake if they want to go cheaper.

MMXcalibur
If you enjoy giving the football to the opposite team, then sure!

TribalElder
Hope not @ Gordon in KC

scrub and he is dumb as fuck

held out for no reason, looked like an idiot, only wants money and not very good at RB

can probably get a better rb in later rounds in the draft. runningbacks are disposable now

Buehler445
Not if he wants to get paid.

Which I'm sure he still does. See: Holdout.

TribalElder
12-17-2019, 10:39 PM
If they are going to go down the road of signing a free agent RB, I'd rather have Derrick Henry.

Holy shit, Derrick Henry would be like Okoye LMAO

BossChief
12-17-2019, 10:39 PM
Haha who comes up with this nonsense?

kevrunner
12-17-2019, 11:00 PM
Didn’t realize that he has played that bad this year, I would think his holdout played a big part of in his performance. Last year he looked pretty good. Ekeler is a restricted free agent, don’t think he is an option because of that. Not too many RFA change teams if they are still valuable.

T-post Tom
12-17-2019, 11:00 PM
Not happening

Tribal Warfare
12-17-2019, 11:02 PM
Draft OL and a true workhorse feature RB ( usually found in rounds 1-3) to protect the Mahomos investment

PattyFlakes
12-17-2019, 11:07 PM
Not interested in Gordon, but I’d love to see them give David Johnson a look.

Chief Northman
12-17-2019, 11:29 PM

I think he is finished. No burst left.

BWillie
12-17-2019, 11:32 PM
Id rather draft a fourth RD young buck at RB than sign this piece of shit

Wilson8
12-17-2019, 11:42 PM

I think Kareem Hunt is a RFA for Cleveland Browns in 2020. I think Browns will make him a 2nd round offer and keep him on their team.

Plus, I don't see Clark Hunt approving a move that would bring Kareem back to team.

Wilson8
12-17-2019, 11:46 PM
Melvin Gordon sat out at the beginning of the season because he wants to get paid.

In my opinion, Chiefs will invest their money elsewhere than Melvin Gordon.

Wilson8
12-18-2019, 12:37 AM
If they are going to go down the road of signing a free agent RB, I'd rather have Derrick Henry. Maybe Kenyan Drake if they want to go cheaper.

Spotrac.com estimates market value for RB Kenyan Drake to be 4 year $22,276,973 and $5.5 annual. If that is true, he might be a possibility for KC.

Wilson8
12-18-2019, 01:00 AM
For 2020 Chiefs have Damien Williams under contract for $2,833,334. They would save $2,300,000 by releasing him. They have Darrel Williams for $665,000. They have Darwin Thompson for $626,460. They could also re-sign LeSean McCoy, Spencer Ware, and Elijah McGuire from their practice squad. Let's see who can play well in play-offs and then decide what KC needs to do at RB.

But to the question of Melvin Gordon, NO.

Easy 6
12-18-2019, 05:35 AM
No.

Draft.

Eleazar
12-18-2019, 05:46 AM
I think he is finished. No burst left.

David Johnson was fine until suffering a midseason injury, then he lost his job due to injury because Kingsbury is an idiot.

TwistedChief
12-18-2019, 05:48 AM
Here's the article btw:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/28212433/best-team-fits-nfl-top-25-free-agents-2020

23. Melvin Gordon, RB

Best fit: Kansas City Chiefs

Hear me out: The Chiefs have used a committee approach this season at running back with mixed results. I do not expect them to pony up substantial cash for a back this offseason, and I'm not convinced Gordon sees a robust market. Let's envision a scenario where Gordon doesn't fetch that long-term deal he desires and realizes a season in a high-octane offense to build his value back up makes sense for a payday in 2021. A modest one-year, prove-it deal? Sensible to me.

loochy
12-18-2019, 06:17 AM
No way man. He thinks he's worth a gazillion dollars - that's why he held out this year. No thanks.

UK_Chief
12-18-2019, 06:19 AM
Draft OL and a true workhorse feature RB ( usually found in rounds 1-3) to protect the Mahomos investment

Yup. Wouldn’t mind a project TE as well

Kman34
12-18-2019, 07:25 AM
If we block for Darwin Thompson he can be our Gordon for a whole lot cheaper...

Chris Meck
12-18-2019, 08:11 AM
No. Hell naw.

Gordon's not that good. He's just not.

We need to shore up that interior O-line, and draft a guy in around the 3rd round.

And in this system, you're looking for a specific skillset.

Rausch
12-18-2019, 08:15 AM
No. Hell naw.

Gordon's not that good. He's just not.

His vision sucks and I wouldn't want him for half what he'll be asking.

I'd prefer to draft a Phat-back in rounds 4-7 to compliment what we've got...

cmh6476
12-18-2019, 08:15 AM
Hopefully the coaching staff is comfortable with Thompson's blockingby then. And draft another.

Rausch
12-18-2019, 08:16 AM
Plus, I don't see Clark Hunt approving a move that would bring Kareem back to team.

Never happen...

Trevo_410
12-18-2019, 08:16 AM
could we pick up kareem hunt tho?

493rd
12-18-2019, 08:43 AM
Gordon may want big bucks, but what he’s done on the field this year isn’t going to get him big bucks. He has no leverage.

ChiefBlueCFC
12-18-2019, 08:53 AM
I would take Melvin Gordon as long as we didn't have to pay Melvin Gordon what Melvin Gordon wants

Skyy God
12-18-2019, 08:55 AM

Yeah, sure, why not. He’s averaging 60 YPG and .5 TDs as a compliment to Chubb.

The PR angle can blow me.

Dunerdr
12-18-2019, 09:03 AM
what if, and hear me out, we took potential running back money to upgrade ldt, put rankin back in at guard and hope whoever the center is next year isnt a turnstyle. Then draft a guy to carry the rock with our second or the niners. I know the d needs a talent infusion still, but the line and the franchise need protected first and foremost. id love a big power back and some hosses up front to take pressure off of pat.

Chris Meck
12-18-2019, 09:07 AM
what if, and hear me out, we took potential running back money to upgrade ldt, put rankin back in at guard and hope whoever the center is next year isnt a turnstyle. Then draft a guy to carry the rock with our second or the niners. I know the d needs a talent infusion still, but the line and the franchise need protected first and foremost. id love a big power back and some hosses up front to take pressure off of pat.

We'll only have one second round pick.

digger
12-18-2019, 09:09 AM
Let's get a big old school RB, a bruiser, for short yardage. A real smash mouth guy.
Other than that we good...

smithandrew051
12-18-2019, 09:11 AM
For our offense:

Draft a RB. Sign a cheap vet. Keep Darwin. Cut everyone else.

Draft/Sign upgrades in the interior OL.

Cut Watkins (or restructure if he’s willing to take a major pay cut). Pick up another WR (draft or sign)

Simply Red
12-18-2019, 09:18 AM
we shit sign yet of piece did this

duncan_idaho
12-18-2019, 09:52 AM
For our offense:

Draft a RB. Sign a cheap vet. Keep Darwin. Cut everyone else.

Draft/Sign upgrades in the interior OL.

Cut Watkins (or restructure if he’s willing to take a major pay cut). Pick up another WR (draft or sign)

This is the plan. Give me a RB with vision, balance, and good hands. It’s why I’m so high on Ke’Shawn Vaughn from Vanderbilt. I think he’s available in the 3rd/4th - and he’s not the only guy of that ilk. This is a strong RB draft.

I’d be down with keeping Darwin and Damien Williams and adding a rook to the mix.

Something like:

Best CB/LB available at #32
Best G/C available at 49ers 2nd
Then split picks in the 3rd and 4th on a RB and another OL.

smithandrew051
12-18-2019, 10:01 AM
This is the plan. Give me a RB with vision, balance, and good hands. It’s why I’m so high on Ke’Shawn Vaughn from Vanderbilt. I think he’s available in the 3rd/4th - and he’s not the only guy of that ilk. This is a strong RB draft.

I’d be down with keeping Darwin and Damien Williams and adding a rook to the mix.

Something like:

I agree with most of this. I wouldn’t keep Damien under any circumstance though. We can save by releasing him and he is a ball security liability. We can’t bail out opposing defenses by fumbling.

Dunerdr
12-18-2019, 10:32 AM

Something like:

i like this but at some point we need some line backer and corner help even with how theyve played lately.

UChieffyBugger
12-18-2019, 10:56 AM
A lot of folks were happy to see Hyde get shipped off to the Texans and look how that turned out? Whatever folks think of him Gordon is a quality three-down back who is just 26 years old and imo would fit perfectly into Reid's system as someone who is effective both rushing and catching the ball. Our run game since Hunt left has been terrible and it needs to be addressed In the offseason. Whether it's by getting a free agent or drafting a young stud, I don't care, just get someone ffs. If the rumors are true that Veach looked at Bell before the deadline then Imo he'll most certainly take a look at Gordon.

smithandrew051
12-18-2019, 10:58 AM
i like this but at some point we need some line backer and corner help even with how theyve played lately.

I’d be fine with extending Breeland to go with Ward and Fenton.

I’m sure we can pick up a reasonably priced vet too. Fuller needs to go though.

Probably also draft one somewhat early, depending on what’s available.

LB is going to be tough as long as we’re carrying Hitchens contract I think. I definitely think a sideline-sideline linebacker who can cover would take this defense to another level.

Halfcan
12-18-2019, 11:13 AM

Something like:

I think people are forgetting that Ware is on our team and playing well.

KChiefs1
12-18-2019, 11:18 AM
Not likely.

Veach needs to find another Kareem Hunt in the 3rd round.

ModSocks
12-18-2019, 11:20 AM
A lot of folks were happy to see Hyde get shipped off to the Texans and look how that turned out?

Hyde earned his way off the roster. He played like dog shit. So much so that he went from from #2 to the bottom of the depth chart. Clearly the coaches saw the same thing the fans saw. He either pulled his head out of his ass when he got cut, or Houston simply runs a scheme better suited to him. Either way, shut up you're stupid.

Whatever folks think of him Gordon is a quality three-down back who is just 26 years old and imo would fit perfectly into Reid's system as someone who is effective both rushing and catching the ball.

You don't know what you're talking about. Yet another idiot that's never actually watched him play.

He's a dumb football player. He's clumsy, he has poor vision and questionable effort at times. He has two bad knees and his stats are the byproduct of being forced in as a starter due to his draft position despite the fact that his two back ups are more efficient per touch behind the same damn line.

O.city
12-18-2019, 11:22 AM
It'll be LeVeon Bell in 2020.

ChiTown
12-18-2019, 11:25 AM
It'll be a 2020 2nd rd draft choice in 2020.

fify

Clyde Frog
12-18-2019, 11:29 AM
Melvin Gordon looks like Rudy Huxtable and plays like her too:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/GrotesqueUltimateIsabellineshrike-size_restricted.gif

Halfcan
12-18-2019, 11:51 AM
Melvin Gordon looks like Rudy Huxtable and plays like her too:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/GrotesqueUltimateIsabellineshrike-size_restricted.gif

Rudy was so cute they named a football movie after her.

UChieffyBugger
12-18-2019, 12:11 PM
Hyde earned his way off the roster. He played like dog shit. So much so that he went from from #2 to the bottom of the depth chart. Clearly the coaches saw the same thing the fans saw. He either pulled his head out of his ass when he got cut, or Houston simply runs a scheme better suited to him. Either way, shut up you're stupid.

You don't know what you're talking about. Yet another idiot that's never actually watched him play.

He's a dumb football player. He's clumsy, he has poor vision and questionable effort at times. He has two bad knees and his stats are the byproduct of being forced in as a starter due to his draft position despite the fact that his two back ups are more efficient per touch behind the same damn line.

Lol this prick never fails to stamp his feet and start bawling his dumb eyes out whenever I post, does he? :D So you're justifying giving Hyde away for nothing to a rival who came back to kill us at Arrowhead? And you think Gordon, who has been a vital part of a team who had pushed us close for two years is "dumb" and not good enough for a team who has no running game whatsoever? Smh shut up and go bury your head in a toilet...your presence here is futile and embarrassing.

Chief Roundup
12-18-2019, 12:14 PM
I just read an article where they listed the top free agents after this season and what team they will sign with. They have Melvin Gordon becoming a Chief. Is there really any likelihood of this happening?

You can find anything on the internet. Does it make it true?
The answer to both your question and my rhetorical one have the same answer, NO!

Reerun_KC
12-18-2019, 12:22 PM
Slow fat and lazy.

No thanks.

Rain Man
12-18-2019, 12:25 PM
Rudy was so cute they named a football movie after her.

You gotta admit, it's pretty impressive that she was able to play for a major college football program.

I have little interest in Gordon. I think he's massively overrated. If he ends up in KC I'll find a reason to change my opinion, but for now I'm glad he's a SandiAngeles Charger.

Clyde Frog
12-18-2019, 12:27 PM
You gotta admit, it's pretty impressive that she was able to play for a major college football program.

I have little interest in Gordon. I think he's massively overrated. If he ends up in KC I'll find a reason to change my opinion, but for now I'm glad he's a SandiAngeles Charger.

She was 5 foot nothin, a hundred and nothin, she had barely a spec of athletic ability...

Halfcan
12-18-2019, 12:37 PM

Thanks to Clyde Frog I have the Rudy chant in my head now! :)

RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY!RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY!RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY!RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY!RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY!

ModSocks
12-18-2019, 12:37 PM
Lol this prick never fails to stamp his feet and start bawling his dumb eyes out whenever I post, does he? :D So you're justifying giving Hyde away for nothing to a rival who came back to kill us at Arrowhead? And you think Gordon, who has been a vital part of a team who had pushed us close for two years is "dumb" and not good enough for a team who has no running game whatsoever? Smh shut up and go bury your head in a toilet...your presence here is futile and embarrassing.

LMAO this is like the 2nd thread ive ever addressed you, ever. You so badly want to be important.

The fact that you think Gordon was a "vital" part of that team just shows how stupid you really are. Clown yourself some more please.

Melvin Gordon: 5TD's, 4 Fumbles, 4.0 YPC (Career Best!) on a 5 win football team. "Vital". What a clown.

BlackHelicopters
12-18-2019, 02:27 PM
No. Thanks.

CoMoChief
12-18-2019, 03:02 PM
Doubt this team under Reid/Veach ever invests heavily into the RB position.

UChieffyBugger
12-18-2019, 03:15 PM
LMAO this is like the 2nd thread ive ever addressed you, ever. You so badly want to be important.

The fact that you think Gordon was a "vital" part of that team just shows how stupid you really are. Clown yourself some more please.

Melvin Gordon: 5TD's, 4 Fumbles, 4.0 YPC (Career Best!) on a 5 win football team. "Vital". What a clown.

Lol "second time I've addressed you"..yeah OK YOU DUMB FANBOY :D ...and your last point just sums up what an utterly useless prick you are...HE MISSED SEVERAL GAMES AND HAD NO TRAINING CAMP THIS YEAR YOU IDIOT!!!..but obviously fools like you were expecting to see Jim Brown this season smh. Also dummy he's made two pro bowls and averaged around 900 yards and 10 rushing td's.. and 500 yards and 4 recieving td's over the last three years before this year and you don't think he was a vital piece for them? Go away you novice ROFL

58-4ever
12-18-2019, 04:05 PM

Good God... so dumb... DJ is done. If he had ANYTHING left, the Cards would not have traded for Drake after signing DJ to a MONSTER deal.

JakeF
12-18-2019, 04:39 PM
No, you draft RBs because you want them young, hungry and cheap.

I don't know that we are going to spend a lot of money in FA at all next year. Most of our money is going to our current players.

On offense, we need to improve our offensive line first and foremost. Guards and Center.

On defense, front-7 DE and LBs.

Our DE's can't stay healthy. Getting linebackers that are good against the run and the pass. Spags has to sub in and out, guessing at which LBs he needs. Pass only, Run only. Very difficult.

Megatron96
12-18-2019, 05:23 PM
Gordon is basically Damien 2.0, kind of. But his apparent need for a big contract makes him a no-go IMO.

Besides, as others have pointed out, there's plenty of good RBs available in the upcoming draft. The only downside to them is lack of experience and of course unknown success in the NFL.

One RB I've been keeping an eye on here and there is Latavius Murray (Saints). 6' 3" and 230 lbs. with better than average speed, quickness, and good hands. Have no idea if he'd be available or what his price would be, but he'd be a significant upgrade over Damien/Darrel/Thompson as a 3-down back.

P.S. Murray has had a 1,200 yard season, and two season over 750 yards. He scored as many as 12 rushing TDs in a season, and has averaged at least 4 yards/carry for his career.

Only downside (some will think so) is that he's 28 years old.

duncan_idaho
12-18-2019, 06:05 PM
Yeah, if the Chiefs are going to spend FA dollars to improve the run game, the best way to spend it would be on Brandon Scherff if Washington actually lets him reach FA.

I can’t see them doing that.

Big spends: Mahomes and Jones.
Small spends: FA bargains, potential underrated/overlooked scheme fits (like Wilson, or Manny Ogbah)

Draft the rest

Mile High Mania
12-18-2019, 08:57 PM
Considering what's looming for PM's new contract... and the way offenses have success with RBs now, I don't know why KC would entertain it. Sign a decent mid-tier pass catching RB in FA for a reasonable deal and then use a top 3-4 pick and draft another one.

kccrow
12-18-2019, 10:54 PM
Fuck no.

And that's before you even consider how talented the RB class is coming out this year in the draft.

rtmike
12-19-2019, 12:33 AM
What was it, Wisconsin college he came from?

But wasn’t it a running team and he already had a bunch of carries before going pro or was that not him?

Bump
12-19-2019, 12:57 AM
no thanks. His best days are probably behind him. Just draft another RB or find another Priest in free agency.

TripleThreat
12-19-2019, 12:59 AM
His best years will be his next two in the league, and the price he will want won’t be worth it

Do what New England does, draft smart , good running backs, a bunch of them, and sign a cheap free agent to throw into the mix and go from there.

Then when u find a good running back, draft another the year before his rookie contract expires. Running backs simply aren’t worth the money. Unless you find the one in a million Adrian Peterson or Tomlinson type backs. Ezekiel Elliot, players like that simply aren’t worth the money compared to a two headed back field you could put together for the same price

kevrunner
12-19-2019, 03:03 PM
You can find anything on the internet. Does it make it true?
The answer to both your question and my rhetorical one have the same answer, NO!

I know, but there is a extremely likely chance Melvin Gordon is not a Charger next year and he has to land somewhere, I think we all can agree on that.