PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Is there any reason we need to win another game?

Red Dawg
12-21-2019, 07:18 PM
The two isn't happening since Allen shit himself at NE. Total long shot wenwin and win next week and NE loses to Miami. Are those good odds?

Rest up is better in my book.

N

comochiefsfan
12-21-2019, 07:19 PM
Rust is a real thing.

It would be suicide to not have this team play a game for 21 days. That would be absurd.

BWillie
12-21-2019, 07:22 PM
Rust is a real thing.

It would be suicide to not have this team play a game for 21 days. That would be absurd.

False.

More rest ia better. Teams and players dont forget to play football. Anytime you get an opportunity to rest your guys you should do it

Red Dawg
12-21-2019, 07:23 PM
More suicide for Mahomes or any other star to go down right before the playoffs chasing a seed that is only remotely possible to get.

comochiefsfan
12-21-2019, 07:23 PM
False.

More rest ia better. Teams and players dont forget to play football. Anytime you get an opportunity to rest your guys you should do it

I could entertain sitting them for the Chargers. Get a bye before the playoffs. I just don’t want them sitting two weeks in a row.

Red Dawg
12-21-2019, 07:25 PM
I'm sure the Bears will just lay down and play 2 handed touch and let us win. Andy should rest our players.

Jerok
12-21-2019, 07:26 PM
The Dolphins could beat the Pats because the Pats are going to rest their starters?

IDK really.

comochiefsfan
12-21-2019, 07:27 PM
If we rest our players and lose to the Bears, the odds that the Dolphins will upset the Patriots increases to around 100%.

Pablo
12-21-2019, 07:29 PM
Nothing quite like a two game losing streak running into the playoffs to inspire confidence!!

You've really thought this through.

big nasty kcnut
12-21-2019, 07:29 PM
No we keep our momentum going by playing each game hard and winning them.

Red Dawg
12-21-2019, 07:32 PM
No we keep our momentum going by playing each game hard and winning them.

Football is week to week. Momentum is bullshit. We need our guys healthy more than anything.

displacedinMN
12-21-2019, 07:33 PM
we don't want to lose to the chargers-again.

Deberg_1990
12-21-2019, 07:34 PM
Keep the pedal to the metal

TribalElder
12-21-2019, 07:36 PM
lets just win the rest of the games, I would like to attend a parade in KC

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
12-21-2019, 07:39 PM
Yea let’s rest our starters and watch us lose the game and we get the 4 seed instead and we have to go to Baltimore instead of NE

Coogs
12-21-2019, 07:43 PM
The #3 spot has a far better chance of hosting the AFCCG than the #4 spot. Play to win.

Chris Meck
12-21-2019, 08:19 PM
yeah,because it's a HABIT.

Winning gets to be a HABIT.

So does losing. Fuck losing.

RINGLEADER
12-21-2019, 08:28 PM
Probably not except to avoid the rust and the bad taste of losing. Then again the Ravens are laying two divisional games and the Pats are a .500 team against the Dolphins.

You never know until you know.

But if someone really needs rest to be 100% in the playoffs then sure, let them rest.

NJChiefsFan
12-21-2019, 08:30 PM
Is it possible to merge this with the week 17 and bye thread? I feel like it's the same discussion in two different threads.

Pablo
12-21-2019, 08:31 PM
The two isn't happening since Allen shit himself at NE. Total long shot wenwin and win next week and NE loses to Miami. Are those good odds?

Rest up is better in my book.

NYou're five letters short here per standard tuckdaddy protocol.

BWillie
12-21-2019, 08:36 PM
The #3 spot has a far better chance of hosting the AFCCG than the #4 spot. Play to win.

Dolphins wont beat em

DaFace
12-21-2019, 08:47 PM
If someone is nursing an injury, I'm OK with them being more conservative with them. And if, at half time, the Pats are blowing out the Dolphins, I'm OK with sitting him for the second half.

But nah, you don't just sit all the guys now. Two weeks is a ton of time to sit without taking some contact when you're about to go into the toughest games of the season.

Bugeater
12-21-2019, 08:56 PM
Would you let the General's latrine go 3 weeks without cleaning it?

Hell no. That would be a really bad idea.

And so is this.

PattyFlakes
12-21-2019, 08:57 PM
The Chiefs are playing their best football of the season right now. Why would you kill that momentum instead of carrying it into the playoffs? Not to mention I'd much rather play the Pats in the 2nd round as opposed to the Ravens, so keeping that 3 seed is a good idea.

TEX
12-21-2019, 09:03 PM
Is it possible to merge this with the week 17 and bye thread? I feel like it's the same discussion in two different threads.

Don't be "THAT" guy...

TEX
12-21-2019, 09:05 PM
Football is week to week. Momentum is bullshit. We need our guys healthy more than anything.

I think so too. The Bills and Bucs both had momentum. Didnt help. :hmmm:

Zebedee DuBois
12-21-2019, 09:08 PM
We should never practice losing.

Red Dawg
12-21-2019, 09:13 PM
Ok, whatever
One bad hit to Hill, Kelce or Mahomes and it's over. Not to mention Honey Badger, Jones or Thornhill. But hey, let's chase that seed we can't get.

NJChiefsFan
12-21-2019, 09:13 PM
Don't be "THAT" guy...

I'm not trying to be but in this case it's tough going back and forth when it's the same discussion.

tk13
12-21-2019, 09:25 PM
On the flip side this team has won 4 in a row and is humming. If we can keep moving forward we are going to be a team going into the playoffs hot.

PattyFlakes
12-21-2019, 09:32 PM
Ok, whatever
One bad hit to Hill, Kelce or Mahomes and it's over. Not to mention Honey Badger, Jones or Thornhill. But hey, let's chase that seed we can't get.

So you'd rather go to Baltimore in the 2nd round instead of New England? Putting off playing the Ravens as long as possible is a good thing. IMO hosting PIT and then playing at NE would be preferable to hosting BUF and then going to Baltimore.

ThyKingdomCome15
12-21-2019, 09:34 PM
Play to win. I wanna sweep the Patriots in Foxboro, Bradys last game.

BossChief
12-21-2019, 09:35 PM
Everyone plays till we get a comfortable lead, then pull the guys we will depend on to win playoff games. Let the depth guys get more experience against starters.

KChiefs1
12-21-2019, 09:39 PM
Kick the Bears ass tomorrow.

Next week start Shurmur at QB just like Mahomes did vs the Donks in 2017. Rest all the starters that you can & get ready for the next weekend.

Thompson should get 25 carries vs the Chargers.

hometeam
12-21-2019, 09:39 PM
<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wPaOijYIqqQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jerryaldini
12-21-2019, 09:43 PM
Reid didn't even pull Mahomes last week. There's no way this is even being considered by him or the players. They will go to NE riding a 7 game winning streak and make the Pats fans boo hoo again.

sparky454
12-21-2019, 09:47 PM
Ask the starters if they want to sit out. I'm sure they'll give you an answer of "Hell no".

TribalElder
12-21-2019, 09:53 PM
We need to win vs the bears to force the pats to have to play their starters

KChiefs1
12-21-2019, 09:56 PM
Which scenario do you like?

3. Chiefs vs 6. Titans
3. Chiefs vs 2. Patriots

Or

4. Chiefs vs 5. Bills
4. Chiefs vs 1. Ravens

LiveSteam
12-21-2019, 09:57 PM
Reid didn't even pull Mahomes last week. There's no way this is even being considered by him or the players. They will go to NE riding a 7 game winning streak and make the Pats fans boo hoo again.

I kinda agree

PattyFlakes
12-21-2019, 09:59 PM

3. Chiefs vs 6. Titans

Or

4. Chiefs vs 5. Bills

I don’t see the Titans getting in over the Steelers.

stevieray
12-21-2019, 10:00 PM
On the flip side this team has won 4 in a row and is humming. If we can keep moving forward we are going to be a team going into the playoffs hot.

Which is exactly what you want.

...man it feels good.

KChiefs1
12-21-2019, 10:09 PM
I don’t see the Titans getting in over the Steelers.

Steelers won’t win another game.

ClarkGriswold
12-21-2019, 10:18 PM
If we rest our players and lose to the Bears, the odds that the Dolphins will upset the Patriots increases to around 100%.

That would not surprise me. Because Chiefs!!!!!

Eleazar
12-21-2019, 10:35 PM

3. Chiefs vs 6. Titans
3. Chiefs vs 2. Patriots

Or

4. Chiefs vs 5. Bills
4. Chiefs vs 1. Ravens

You take the first one of course.

njchiefs
12-21-2019, 10:41 PM
This is a good f#@*ing question, and I really don’t have a good answer.

chiefzilla1501
12-21-2019, 10:42 PM
Jesus, there's not much of a difference between Baltimore and New England. We're treating them like Ivan drago. I don't think we need to rest much. But the idea that we're desperate to win because we're worried about whether we play Baltimore or New England first or second is absurd.

The Franchise
12-21-2019, 10:44 PM
Some people are fucking stupid.

Eleazar
12-21-2019, 10:46 PM
This is the kind of thing that retards somehow manage to argue about on the internet, but in the real world everyone knows that it's better to win.

Rasputin
12-21-2019, 11:06 PM
Why do we even play the game?

HELLO

YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME

TimeForWasp
12-21-2019, 11:10 PM
I think we should play for the win against the Bears.
then play Moore next week along with,
loaning Mahomes to Miami for the week.

comochiefsfan
12-21-2019, 11:13 PM
Jesus, there's not much of a difference between Baltimore and New England. We're treating them like Ivan drago. I don't think we need to rest much. But the idea that we're desperate to win because we're worried about whether we play Baltimore or New England first or second is absurd.

Baltimore is way better than New England.

BossChief
12-21-2019, 11:38 PM
Baltimore is overrated.

The Chiefs are winning it all this year and won’t lose again till next November.

Rasputin
12-22-2019, 12:21 AM
I'd make this a statement game going into Chicago and show the league on nation tv SNF that Chiefs are who we say we are.

We get the game in hand then second half treat it like a third preseason game and give guys experience that need it.

scho63
12-22-2019, 12:29 AM
If we beat the Bears I think that locks us in at #3 and that would mean we could rest against the Chargers.

#3 is much better than #4

Can't go into safe mode yet

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
12-22-2019, 01:29 AM
If we beat the Bears I think that locks us in at #3 and that would mean we could rest against the Chargers.

#3 is much better than #4

Can't go into safe mode yet

Wrong. Texans own the tiebreaker against us. Can’t rest the starters at all

TripleThreat
12-22-2019, 01:58 AM

Momentum is not bull shit in any way.

Ask the New York giants who beat the undefeated patriots how momentum worked for them.

I get what you are getting at, but momentum is a real thing in the playoffs. You know it, I know it, we all know it, so to act like it doesn’t exist going into the playoffs is bullshit.

Rasputin
12-22-2019, 02:33 AM
Momentum is not bull shit in any way.

Ask the New York giants who beat the undefeated patriots how momentum worked for them.

I get what you are getting at, but momentum is a real thing in the playoffs. You know it, I know it, we all know it, so to act like it doesn’t exist going into the playoffs is bullshit.

Absolutely this and winning builds confidence we need a swag

It gets the team on the right track . Winners win, losers lose.

Danguardace
12-22-2019, 02:52 AM
Ravens have 2 tough games within the division, it more likely they lose both than Miami winning in Foxboro, either way you play until the end.

scho63
12-22-2019, 03:09 AM
Wrong. Texans own the tiebreaker against us. Can’t rest the starters at all

Well then that settles that! :clap:

Onward and upward!

TRR
12-22-2019, 07:38 AM
Ravens have 2 tough games within the division, it more likely they lose both than Miami winning in Foxboro, either way you play until the end.

The Browns, and the Steelers at home? Your definition of “tough games” seems a bit different than mine.

dirk digler
12-22-2019, 07:47 AM
If someone is nursing an injury, I'm OK with them being more conservative with them. And if, at half time, the Pats are blowing out the Dolphins, I'm OK with sitting him for the second half.

But nah, you don't just sit all the guys now. Two weeks is a ton of time to sit without taking some contact when you're about to go into the toughest games of the season.

Agreed. I would definitely pull the starters if the Pats are up big against the Fins

Coogs
12-22-2019, 08:35 AM
I will give you my house is the Dolphins beat em

That's really nice of you!

I didn't say anything about the #2 seed though. #3 just has a better chance to host the AFCCG than #4 does.

Go Dolphins! ;)

Chris Meck
12-22-2019, 08:41 AM
It's like this-

You get your team rolling, playing well.

You KEEP THE BALL ROLLING. You don't sit your starters and coast, because they lose their edge. You see it all the time when teams clinch and don't play their guys in the last game and then shit the bed in the play-off game.

When you got a good thing going, you keep it going.

I could see sitting Pat in like the second half; and maybe limiting some snaps so the young guys and back-ups also get in the flow and stay sharp, but you don't just give guys the week off.

BigRedChief
12-22-2019, 09:01 AM
The Browns, and the Steelers at home? Your definition of “tough games” seems a bit different than mine.Tough games? ROFL Ravens are going to be the #1 seed. They are not going to have two trap games in a row knowing the #1 seed is on the line.

Agreed. I would definitely pull the starters if the Pats are up big against the FinsSame thing. No way the Pats are going to let down or have a trap game with a bye week on the line.

They are going to obliterate those teams. Just as we did to the Raiders to secure HFA.

Blowing that last 1:30 of the Titans game caused us to play 3 game instead of 2 games to get the Super Bowl. A home game of those only 2 games to get to the Super Bowl. It made our odds this year long. I hope they and Andy learned that costly lesson.

notorious
12-22-2019, 09:05 AM
Blowing that last 1:30 of the Titans game caused us to play 3 game instead of 2 games to get the Super Bowl. A home game of those only 2 games to get to the Super Bowl. It made our odds this year long. I hope they and Andy learned that costly lesson.

http://media.bleacherreport.com/image/upload/v1576787707/rjjijezvoxcrhki3vz7b.gif

Red Dawg
12-22-2019, 09:06 AM
Nobody wants to play an extra game but the 2 seed has sailed. Chances of getting it are small.

mililo4cpa
12-22-2019, 09:07 AM
Steelers won’t win another game.

Neither will the Titans

kcjayhawks5
12-22-2019, 09:14 AM
False.

Not sure about this. The long gap of time between the last games
Of the year and the bowl games for college teams has plenty of teams looking like complete shit. Too much time off is not a great thing.

BigRedChief
12-22-2019, 09:21 AM
Not sure about this. The long gap of time between the last games
Of the year and the bowl games for college teams has plenty of teams looking like complete shit. Too much time off is not a great thing.Comparing college to pro ain't apples to apples. The Pro's are more mature and experienced men. The coaching and resources are way way better.

TEX
12-22-2019, 09:24 AM
Nobody wants to play an extra game but the 2 seed has sailed. Chances of getting it are small.

Remember the Titans! :banghead:

I think we see them again in round 1.

KChiefs1
12-22-2019, 09:40 AM
Weird scheduling quirk today... turns out the Titans vs Saints game means basically nothing for Tennessee. It does not alter any playoff scenario.

Steelers win next 2 games: Steelers get 6th seed.
Steelers win 1 of next 2, TN beats NO & loses to Texans: Steelers get 6th seed.
Steelers win 1 of next 2, TN beats Texans: Titans get 6th seed.
Steelers loses next 2 games: Titans get 6th seed.

crayzkirk
12-22-2019, 09:59 AM
I could see getting some of the players some rest however how many non-starters does this team really have? Offensive/defensive lines aren't all that deep so what is the plan there? Hill and Kelce are valuable so you limit the situations where they can take a big hit (this, IMO, should be a full season plan and Pat is has been good about not hanging guys out to get clobbered).

A rolling stone gathers no moss. Let the snowball keep rolling downhill and picking up snow, growing bigger and bigger. Playing not to get hurt is when injuries happen.

Bob Dole
12-22-2019, 10:11 AM
It's like this-

You get your team rolling, playing well.

You KEEP THE BALL ROLLING. You don't sit your starters and coast, because they lose their edge. You see it all the time when teams clinch and don't play their guys in the last game and then shit the bed in the play-off game.

When you got a good thing going, you keep it going.

I could see sitting Pat in like the second half; and maybe limiting some snaps so the young guys and back-ups also get in the flow and stay sharp, but you don't just give guys the week off.

I'm with you. It seems like we're peaking at the right time for a change and we need to just roll.

Deberg_1990
12-22-2019, 10:17 AM

We lost 3 other games too.

We could have won any of them.

DTHOF
12-22-2019, 10:20 AM
Even though everyone is bruised and could use some rest I say let them play it out. I think the late bye week also will have a positive affect in the playoffs since they are 99% chance of having to play three to get to super bowl.

Saw a graphic in one of the games yesterday. The three seed has only won one Super Bowl.

TEX
12-22-2019, 10:30 AM
We lost 3 other games too.

We could have won any of them.

Sure. But the probability of winning the Titans game with 1:30 to go was much higher than in any of the other games. If memory serves it was something around 97%. Therefore that game could be viewed, more than the others, as the one that got away.

IMO, the Chiefs will get to see them again in round 1. Last season we exorcised the demons of past Colts losses. This season we will get the chance to do the same thing with the Titans.

Danguardace
12-22-2019, 10:34 AM
The Browns, and the Steelers at home? Your definition of “tough games” seems a bit different than mine.

Steelers took them to over time and Browns whopped them in earlier games iirc.

Coochie liquor
12-22-2019, 10:58 AM
Remember the Titans! :banghead:

I think we see them again in round 1.

No way, they’ve got NO this week and no Henry. They’re not winning that. And I don’t think they’re getting in with another loss. The way it stands my preferred path is

1) Annihilate the Stoolers at Arrowhead
2) Beat the Pats in the passing of the torch at Fixboro
3) Show up in Baltimore with more swagger than Mick Jagger and hand them an L

4) Beat the Packers in the Super Bowl

The motherfucking road to redemption tour is hitting town in January. Mahomes is gonna show us why the past is just the past, and he is the future!

Coochie liquor
12-22-2019, 11:00 AM

Yeah I think people forget how hard division games are because we’ve been spoiled the last 5 years.

UChieffyBugger
12-22-2019, 11:13 AM
How many of the starters have actually played the full season? Mahomes, Fisher, Clark, Jones, LDT, Breeland, Pennell, Saunders, Wylie, Watkins, Tyreek, Fuller, Claiborne, Fenton, Mccoy, Thompson, Ragland, Williams, Ware etc etc have all not played In all fourteen games due to different reasons. So In reality our roster is probably the freshest In the whole league tbh so I don't see any reason why they should miss the next two games.

TRR
12-22-2019, 11:30 AM

One can hope. Browns and Ravens are completely different teams this time around.

TRR
12-22-2019, 11:31 AM
No way, they’ve got NO this week and no Henry. They’re not winning that. And I don’t think they’re getting in with another loss. The way it stands my preferred path is

1) Annihilate the Stoolers at Arrowhead
2) Beat the Pats in the passing of the torch at Fixboro
3) Show up in Baltimore with more swagger than Mick Jagger and hand them an L

4) Beat the Packers in the Super Bowl

The mother****ing road to redemption tour is hitting town in January. Mahomes is gonna show us why the past is just the past, and he is the future!

The Saints game has no barring on if the Titans make the playoffs...win or lose.

tredadda
12-22-2019, 02:22 PM

3. Chiefs vs 6. Titans
3. Chiefs vs 2. Patriots

Or

4. Chiefs vs 5. Bills
4. Chiefs vs 1. Ravens

While scenario 1 looks more appealing, #2 might be better based off Reid’s history against the Titans. We would still be in the running for the #1 seed had it not been for that Titans game earlier this year.

Spott
12-22-2019, 05:44 PM
I’d actually be ok with treating these last two games like preseason games. Maybe play their starter a quarter or so tonight and resting everyone next week.

Lprechaun
12-22-2019, 05:53 PM
While scenario 1 looks more appealing, #2 might be better based off Reid’s history against the Titans. We would still be in the running for the #1 seed had it not been for that Titans game earlier this year.

IF Suggs come thru and has a few impact plays that loss means we got him. We shall see if it was worth it or not. Turns out so far we needed him due to injuries.

tredadda
12-22-2019, 06:40 PM
IF Suggs come thru and has a few impact plays that loss means we got him. We shall see if it was worth it or not. Turns out so far we needed him due to injuries.

It’s not the loss so much as this team’s utter inability to beat the Titans regardless of who they have at QB.

KChiefs1
12-23-2019, 09:28 AM
It’s not the loss so much as this team’s utter inability to beat the Titans regardless of who they have at QB.

Tits don’t scare me.

IowaHawkeyeChief
12-23-2019, 09:56 AM
Tits don’t scare me.

^this^ no one scares me if we stay healthy...

Halfcan
12-23-2019, 10:45 AM
Time to end River's career giving him another big loss at Arrowhead.

Finish the year strong.

suzzer99
12-23-2019, 01:11 PM
#3 seed also has a higher chance of hosting the AFCCG if we get there. Gotta go for #3.

And if we have to go to BAL - I'd rather go after the Texans or Bills have worked them a little - vs. two weeks to rest and prepare for us.

milkshock
12-23-2019, 01:14 PM
Have to play the starters given the fact that we can still get a bye

suzzer99
12-23-2019, 01:25 PM
Pats aren't losing to Miami.

TambaBerry
12-23-2019, 01:26 PM

It's the NFL, it's Miami's super bowl. You play to win and let other things fall into place

KChiefs1
12-29-2019, 03:13 PM

Wrong!!!!!

scho63
12-29-2019, 03:19 PM
There is going to be a lot of shaming in all these threads like this.

DaFace
12-29-2019, 03:20 PM
There is going to be a lot of shaming in all these threads like this.As there should be.

Mama Hip Rockets
12-29-2019, 03:24 PM

:hmmm:

ChiefRocka
12-29-2019, 03:24 PM

“Dynamite drop in Monty, I see that broadcasting school has REALLY paid off”

Naptown Chief
12-29-2019, 03:27 PM

:LOL:

InvinciBill
12-29-2019, 03:37 PM
Red Dawg is dumb!

Chief Roundup
12-29-2019, 03:39 PM
Idiot OP. We knew it then but it is proven now.

Imon Yourside
12-29-2019, 03:40 PM

Nope not at all. LMAO

MMXcalibur
12-29-2019, 03:41 PM
Aged like milk.

MahiMike
12-29-2019, 03:41 PM
Hall of fame thread here.

BHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Lzen