PDA

View Full Version : Football Wild Card Week Rooting Summary

Rain Man
01-01-2020, 09:11 PM
Which team are you rooting for in each game? I'll put up a poll once I get off my bye week.

Rain Man
01-01-2020, 09:17 PM
The more I think about it, we really want the Titans and Bills to win. The Titans would then go to Baltimore and they'd beat each other up, and the Titans are such a different team than us that it might throw the Ravens off.

Then we'd want the Bills to win because I just don't think they can run with the Chiefs. They're bringing a folding table to a gun fight.

On the NFC side, I'm just rooting for the weakest teams, so go Vikings and Eagles. Whatever.

Hammock Parties
01-01-2020, 09:23 PM
HOU, NE, MIN and PHI

Houston is the yin to Baltimore's yang and the only team, other than us, who could potentially knock them out.

We want New England, period.

On the NFC side, we match up well with MIN and PHI. We face either of those teams we win the SB easily.

arrwheader
01-01-2020, 09:31 PM
HOU, NE, MIN and PHI

Houston is the yin to Baltimore's yang and the only team, other than us, who could potentially knock them out.

On the NFC side, we match up well with MIN and PHI. We face either of those teams we win the SB easily.Didn't Baltimore absolutely destroy Houston when they played last?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Why Not?
01-01-2020, 10:16 PM
Don’t care about the 4/5 matchup. Obviously I want the Tits to win. Minnesota will get smashed but if they pull it off, great. I want the Eagles to win mostly to get the Seahawks out. But not for quite the same reason Clay cites. For anyone to come out of the NFC other than the Niners, Saints, or Packers would be a major upset. I actually think the Chiefs matchup best with the 49ers. They don’t have a pass catching back that can do what Jones did to us. I shudder to think what Kamara would do against our LBers. Therefore, I want SF to have the easiest road possible. Therefore, go Eagles.

Boon
01-01-2020, 10:32 PM
Saints are my favorite NFC team. Gotta go with them.

EPodolak
01-01-2020, 10:39 PM
Would be cool to see a 50th anniversary reunion of Chiefs and Vikings in #54.

Hammock Parties
01-01-2020, 10:42 PM
Didn't Baltimore absolutely destroy Houston when they played last?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Doesn’t really mean shit.

tk13
01-01-2020, 10:44 PM
Don’t care about the 4/5 matchup. Obviously I want the Tits to win. Minnesota will get smashed but if they pull it off, great. I want the Eagles to win mostly to get the Seahawks out. But not for quite the same reason Clay cites. For anyone to come out of the NFC other than the Niners, Saints, or Packers would be a major upset. I actually think the Chiefs matchup best with the 49ers. They don’t have a pass catching back that can do what Jones did to us. I shudder to think what Kamara would do against our LBers. Therefore, I want SF to have the easiest road possible. Therefore, go Eagles.

That's a tough call. I don't think the Niners pass to the backs quite as much, but Mostert and Breida can flat out fly.

It's funny how just about every one of these playoff teams has some really talented RBs. The Seahawks might be the exception now that Carson and Penny are out.

Why Not?
01-01-2020, 11:39 PM
That's a tough call. I don't think the Niners pass to the backs quite as much, but Mostert and Breida can flat out fly.

It's funny how just about every one of these playoff teams has some really talented RBs. The Seahawks might be the exception now that Carson and Penny are out.

Oh the Niners are super talented. But they don’t use those guys quite the same in the passing game. Maybe they would scheme that against us(I sure as hell would), but I think they’d be the least scary of the big 3. Certainly I would love if the Eagles, Seahawks or Vikings made the SB(assuming we do as well)but I just Don’t see it.

tyreekthefreak
01-02-2020, 05:50 AM
I want to face the Bills because we handle smaller RB's better than someone like Henry. Then it's off to Baltimore where we outscore the Ravens!!!!!

Coochie liquor
01-02-2020, 07:19 AM
I’m going Bills, Saints, Philly, and I guess I’m going with the Pats even though I’m not rooting for them.

BlackHelicopters
01-02-2020, 07:27 AM
Saints/Texans SB.

milkman
01-02-2020, 07:55 AM
Saints/Texans SB.

Texans. No freaking way.

dirk digler
01-02-2020, 08:00 AM
Why would anyone root for the Pats to win? That is beyond stupid IMO.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-02-2020, 08:08 AM
The Pats look like the easiest win for us right now outside of maybe Buffalo. But if they win Saturday, we may be feeling differently on that.

It’s whatever, Chiefs should beat any of the 3 teams.

Flying High D
01-02-2020, 08:10 AM

It’s just not the Pats, when a team goes against them you have to beat the refs also. The calls that the Pats have gotten is beyond comprehension. A 30 for 30 needs to be done on that.

dirk digler
01-02-2020, 08:15 AM
The Pats look like the easiest win for us right now outside of maybe Buffalo. But if they win Saturday, we may be feeling differently on that.

It’s whatever, Chiefs should beat any of the 3 teams.

I think the Bills do considering the Pats beat them twice and I highly doubt they can go on the road and win twice. I hope the Titans put an end to the Pats dynasty.

TLO
01-02-2020, 08:21 AM
I'm just going to enjoy the games. Whoever wins, great.

Peter Gibbons
01-02-2020, 08:42 AM
The more I think about it, we really want the Titans and Bills to win. The Titans would then go to Baltimore and they'd beat each other up, and the Titans are such a different team than us that it might throw the Ravens off.

Then we'd want the Bills to win because I just don't think they can run with the Chiefs. They're bringing a folding table to a gun fight.

On the NFC side, I'm just rooting for the weakest teams, so go Vikings and Eagles. Whatever.

Lol - somebody should embed a video. There tailgate activities are so stupid I cringe at being part of the human race.

ptlyon
01-02-2020, 09:16 AM
Saturday
Rain. Patchy fog after 9am. High near 45. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

Saturday Night
Rain. Patchy fog before 9pm. Low around 33. Light and variable wind becoming north 5 to 7 mph in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

ChiefBlueCFC
01-02-2020, 10:08 AM
Gimme all upsets please and thank you. Also, I really don't care in all actuality who wins this weekend, upsets would be the most fun

Hammock Parties
01-02-2020, 10:11 AM
Saturday
Rain. Patchy fog after 9am. High near 45. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

Saturday Night
Rain. Patchy fog before 9pm. Low around 33. Light and variable wind becoming north 5 to 7 mph in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

Boy, this is NOT good for NE.

Their best chance in this game is their passing game.

Halfcan
01-02-2020, 10:16 AM
I want to see the Pats knocked out of the Playoffs.

Nzoner
01-02-2020, 10:21 AM

Agreed,I thought we were going to see it last season but I want to see Brady pass the baton off to Mahomes.

notorious
01-02-2020, 10:23 AM
Agreed,I thought we were going to see it last season but I want to see Brady pass the baton off to Mahomes.

Please check your PM later today. I would like your opinion on some wagers I am going to lay in Vegas.

El Jefe
01-02-2020, 10:47 AM

Because I hate them so much, that the narrative of "Tom Brady always shows up in big games" and what happened last year trumps any fear of losing to them again, and replaces it with a burning hatred to beat them and send them home.

MahiMike
01-02-2020, 10:58 AM

I was re-thinking the same today. Originally I wanted the Pats to come here so we could kill the monster ourselves on the way to our 1st SB in 50 years. But then I realized that the Titans would actually go to Baltimore. If nothing else, they would beat the hell out of ea other and likely end up wounded.

The other thing that struck me today is that if we had beaten the Titans, we would have gotten the #1 seed.

No matter. Destiny is ours bitchez!

Hammock Parties
01-02-2020, 11:05 AM
Tennessee's defense isn't good. They weren't going to beat on the Ravens if they went out there.

Just give us the paper tiger Pats. We good.

Nzoner
01-02-2020, 11:08 AM
Please check your PM later today. I would like your opinion on some wagers I am going to lay in Vegas.

I'll be glad to weigh in just keep in mind you asked LMAO

Kman34
01-02-2020, 11:08 AM
I really think that Patrick’s band held him back against the Pats that’s why I want to play them again.. I really think we can destroy them and send Brady into retirement.. I want Mahomes to deliver the knockout blow..

notorious
01-02-2020, 11:13 AM
I'll be glad to weigh in just keep in mind you asked LMAO

I know how it works all too well. When people ask me I will lay the disclaimer “It’s called gambling for a reason. Don’t blame me if my advice ends in losing money”.

LMAO

Why Not?
01-02-2020, 11:31 AM

Let me know what you’re gonna lay and I’ll roll with you. Post here or PM

Why Not?
01-02-2020, 11:32 AM
I know how it works all too well. When people ask me I will lay the disclaimer “It’s called gambling for a reason. Don’t blame me if my advice ends in losing money”.

LMAO

Oh I am very aware of this as well. But it’s always fun to have action that you know other people have as well. Kinda makes it a social activity.

Nzoner
01-02-2020, 11:36 AM

LMAO

I know one thing right out of the gate there's no way I'm betting against Bellicheck to lose two in a row at home i.e. moneyline bet. As for the spread -4.5 on scores and odds right now I'm still undecided.

Clyde Frog
01-02-2020, 11:39 AM
You forgot to add an option of "Giant Meteor" for Game 2.

Nzoner
01-02-2020, 11:51 AM

LMAO

Also,I'm kicking myself right now for not following my own prediction in the Bold Prediction thread of a Chiefs/Packers SB when the odds were 45 to 1 :banghead:

Beef Supreme
01-02-2020, 12:10 PM
On one hand, I would like for us to be the team to drive the stake into the Patriots. On the other hand, it is physically impossible for me to root for the Patriots, so I picked the Titans.

Why Not?
01-02-2020, 12:22 PM
I know one thing right out of the gate there's no way I'm betting against Bellicheck to lose two in a row at home i.e. moneyline bet. As for the spread -4.5 on scores and odds right now I'm still undecided.

So far I did a parlay Texans -2.5 w/Tits +4.5

Sunday teaser Saints -2 Eagles +8

Why Not?
01-02-2020, 12:24 PM
Leaving overs on the indoor games and unders on the outdoors. Heard a stat on satellite radio today that outdoor unders in the WC round hit at 70%. That’s unreal.

bdlangton
01-02-2020, 12:26 PM
If HOU wins, I want NE to win. if BUF wins, I want TEN to win. But in the end, any combo is fine.

Flying High D
01-02-2020, 01:07 PM
Old Dog out of curiosity are you a Pats fan? Just wondering where all the negative rep is coming from.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-02-2020, 01:28 PM
The Titans aren’t very good on D, but they’re physical as hell. They can definitely beat the Ravens.

dirk digler
01-02-2020, 01:33 PM
Because I hate them so much, that the narrative of "Tom Brady always shows up in big games" and what happened last year trumps any fear of losing to them again, and replaces it with a burning hatred to beat them and send them home.

I get it and hate them to but if they win against the Titans they regain their confidence. I think it would be fiting for Vrabel to put the nail in the coffin of this dynasty.

Kiimo
01-02-2020, 01:41 PM
I really hate voting for the best teams to win. The reasoning that you want some kind of narrative of slaying the giant is all well and good right up until the giant slays you. It isn't about confidence it's about the odds.

Give me all the worst teams to win, I dgaf about beating the Ravens or Pats, we already did that.

I want a Bills Titans road to the Super Bowl because that's all that matters.

Nzoner
01-02-2020, 01:47 PM
So far I did a parlay Texans -2.5 w/Tits +4.5

Sunday teaser Saints -2 Eagles +8

I like that teaser a lot

Leaving overs on the indoor games and unders on the outdoors. Heard a stat on satellite radio today that outdoor unders in the WC round hit at 70%. That’s unreal.

No doubt,that's a trend worth betting on.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-02-2020, 01:48 PM
The Titans aren’t very good on D, but they’re physical as hell. They can definitely beat the Ravens.

ROFL the "physical" crap is a cliche load of bullshit. Looked like absolute dogshit most of the year on defense.

notorious
01-02-2020, 02:25 PM

Are you wagering with a local book or are you going to be in Vegas?

I will only post pics of the wagers I win to make myself look very smart to Chiefsplanet. The losers never happened.

Just kidding, PM inbound.

Why Not?
01-02-2020, 03:55 PM
I like that teaser a lot

Thanks. I’ve been pretty hot lately but I always expect to get “Vegas’d” so I’m thinking Saints win by 1 and Seahawks win by 9. Lol

Why Not?
01-02-2020, 03:56 PM
Are you wagering with a local book or are you going to be in Vegas?

I will only post pics of the wagers I win to make myself look very smart to Chiefsplanet. The losers never happened.

Just kidding, PM inbound.

I wish I was gonna be in Vegas. Just got back 3 weeks ago and the Mrs isn’t as lenient as she was in our younger days. Lol. I’m using BetOnline currently.

PM read and responded to.

Frazod
01-02-2020, 04:03 PM
I just want to stomp that Cheatriot ass. Don't really care about anything else right now. But I don't think they'll make it past the Tits.

notorious
01-02-2020, 04:04 PM
I wish I was gonna be in Vegas. Just got back 3 weeks ago and the Mrs isn’t as lenient as she was in our younger days. Lol. I’m using BetOnline currently.

PM read and responded to.

Got it. Everything looks plausible. Good luck, hopefully we are all flying private jets to the Chiefs/Faid game thanks to our HUGE success this weekend. :D

Why Not?
01-02-2020, 04:06 PM
Got it. Everything looks plausible. Good luck, hopefully we are all flying private jets to the Chiefs/Faid game thanks to our HUGE success this weekend. :D

:thumb:

Easy 6
01-02-2020, 04:34 PM
I’d like to see the Titans beat Brady, then go rough up Baltimore leaving them bruised, injured and ripe for the picking

Chiefs4TheWin
01-02-2020, 04:38 PM
I want New England.

Old Dog
01-02-2020, 05:30 PM
Old Dog out of curiosity are you a Pats fan? Just wondering where all the negative rep is coming from.

I've never repped you to my knowledge, negative or otherwise....I did give a thumbs down to your post above, but haven't negged anyone in a while other than some douche rocket wanting the Chiefs to sign Kapernick a while back.

Spott
01-02-2020, 05:55 PM
Don’t really have a rooting interest this weekend, except for wanting to see the Patsies get beat.

mnchiefsguy
01-02-2020, 10:35 PM
I just want the Chiefs to play their best football in the playoffs.

If they do that, it won't fucking matter who comes to Arrowhead.

BWillie
01-02-2020, 10:45 PM
I'm rooting for New England.

Because I want to watch us destroy them.

Mahomes_Is_God
01-03-2020, 02:01 AM
Never underestimate NE in the playoffs you fools. Consider them dangerous until you know they've been completely killed off. I'm rooting for the Tits.

TEX
01-03-2020, 10:04 AM
I just want the Chiefs to play their best football in the playoffs.

If they do that, it won't ****ing matter who comes to Arrowhead.

This.