PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Stuck going to Packers game. What Chiefs watching options do I have via smart phone?

Trivers
01-06-2020, 10:00 AM
One of the failures of my marriage is that I've failed to convert my die hard Packer fan wife over to the good side of becoming a CHIEFS fan. :banghead:

One of her vendors has offered two suite tickets to Sundays' game.

She was going to decline the tickets as she knew about the KC game and how I love to sync Mitch via computer streaming radio with the Direct TV DVR recording.

I could have been a terrible husband and said "Nope, not going as I'm staying home to watch a Texan whooping."

BUUUUTTTT NOOOO....I said I would go and now she is all happy! This should give me a "Get out of Doghouse" card at least for a week or two.

Normal access venue of Sunday Ticket won't apply.

Direct TV app does not broadcast local channels.

Streaming radio via smart phone is blocked.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Mephistopheles Janx
01-06-2020, 10:01 AM
https://home.nflbite.com/

Three7s
01-06-2020, 10:02 AM
One of the failures of my marriage is that I've failed to convert my die hard Packer fan wife over to the good side of becoming a CHIEFS fan. :banghead:

She was going to decline the tickets as she knew about the KC game and how I love to sync Mitch via computer streaming radio with the Direct TV DVR recording.

I could have been a terrible husband and said "Nope, not going as I'm staying home to watch a Texan whooping."

BUUUUTTTT NOOOO....I said I would go and now she is all happy! This should give me a "Get out of Doghouse" card at least for a week or two.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Until the Chiefs beat them in the SB, that is. As far as your viewing needs, can't really think of any streaming options. You'll probably be forced to watch the ticker or just DVR it and wait until you get home.

Frazod
01-06-2020, 10:03 AM
If you're in a suite there may a TV there showing the game. I've only been in a suite at Arrowhead, but IIRC there were TVs.

Hydrae
01-06-2020, 10:08 AM

Any ideas?

Thanks!

You should be able to listen to Mitch via your smart phone. You have to go into the options for your browser (Chrome most likely) and check the box for "Desktop site". This should solve that problem for you.

And very good on you, supporting your wife like this. I am sure is will pay dividends for you in the near future!

F150
01-06-2020, 10:14 AM
Cell service will likely be overloaded at stadium anyway and be slow.

mililo4cpa
01-06-2020, 10:23 AM
I could probably list sites to some good divorce attorneys...

TwistedChief
01-06-2020, 10:24 AM
Why not just watch the game on regular TV?

You can go to the Brett Favre restaurant across from Lambeau, watch the Chiefs there, and then afterward breeze into the stadium for the boring Packers game.

HailToThePriest
01-06-2020, 10:25 AM
Try the Yahoo Sports App. I used it yesterday and the quality was really good. As far as I know, all playoff games are being broadcast on it.

Sassy Squatch
01-06-2020, 10:28 AM
sportsurge.net. Never failed me.

TripleThreat
01-06-2020, 10:29 AM
I could probably list sites to some good divorce attorneys...

His wife is being given suite tickets. You don't divorce that, you guide that.

TripleThreat
01-06-2020, 10:30 AM
Until the Chiefs beat them in the SB, that is. As far as your viewing needs, can't really think of any streaming options. You'll probably be forced to watch the ticker or just DVR it and wait until you get home.

DVR always works until you're walking out of the stadium and you hear someone go, HEY YOU HEAR THE CHIEFS LOST/WON?!

Rasputin
01-06-2020, 10:39 AM
Divorce

Third Eye
01-06-2020, 10:43 AM
Cell service will likely be overloaded at stadium anyway and be slow.

This is probably the right answer. I can’t imagine you’ll have good enough reception for any streaming option to be viable.

O.city
01-06-2020, 10:45 AM
There will surely be tv's in the sweet. Usually the club level can get in the stadium earlier anyway, so go in as early as you can and watch the Chiefs game.

Rasputin
01-06-2020, 10:46 AM
Instead of divorce just sprinkle some rat poison in her food for a week and make her ill take her to the Hospital and be with her in the room get cable TV boom winning.

If she dies then you got that problem solved too for next year.

:( Prayers for your soon departed

tyecopeland
01-06-2020, 10:52 AM
Try the Yahoo Sports App. I used it yesterday and the quality was really good. As far as I know, all playoff games are being broadcast on it.

This.

Or the NFL app. All playoff games are on both these apps. It's how I've watched most football for the past 2 years.

ThaVirus
01-06-2020, 10:54 AM

This.

Or the NFL app. All playoff games are on both these apps. It's how I've watched most football for the past 2 years.

I'm assuming you have to sign in to these apps with your cable subscription?

Would these options work for cord-cutters with no cable subscription? What about cord-cutters with a YouTubeTV or PSVue type of subscription?

tyecopeland
01-06-2020, 10:57 AM

Would these options work for cord-cutters with no cable subscription? What about cord-cutters with a YouTubeTV or PSVue type of subscription?

No subscription needed. Might need an nfl.com login or a yahoo login but that's it. Its only available on your phone. No tablets, no screen mirroring or any way to get it to a tv.

Coochie liquor
01-06-2020, 11:01 AM
NFL app will stream the game local to tou

rabblerouser
01-06-2020, 11:05 AM

You can go to the Brett Favre restaurant across from Lambeau, watch the Chiefs there, and then afterward breeze into the stadium for the boring Packers game.
Twisted Chief for the win.

sedated
01-06-2020, 11:11 AM

This.

If you have a suite, they will have TVs, but you likely won't be able to get into the stadium that early. Watch the 1st half at a bar (assuming TwistedChief is right and there is one across the street), then go into the stadium at halftime of the Chiefs game and watch the rest there.

suzzer99
01-06-2020, 11:15 AM
Just use the CBS sports app. You have to sign in with your directv credentials.

Hailchief
01-06-2020, 11:23 AM

Yep - That's what I was thinking to

Bill Brasky
01-06-2020, 11:38 AM
https://home.nflbite.com/

This can be frustrating to find a good stream on mobile that isn't hijacked by ads, but it's pretty reliable. CBS app would be a much safer bet.

Iowanian
01-06-2020, 11:42 AM
I was able to watch a game last week live from the NFL app on my phone.

Clyde Frog
01-06-2020, 11:49 AM

This. The connection was solid even just using the network. Watched the Titans beat the cheaters in the airport parking lot, while waiting to pick up my GF, so I had no WiFi signal.

ChiefBlueCFC
01-06-2020, 11:50 AM
Download the yahoo sports app or nfl app and you'll be able to watch the game for free on your phone

ChiefBlueCFC
01-06-2020, 11:51 AM

or.... if you have the nfl app or yahoo sports app, you don't have to sign into anything

tyecopeland
01-06-2020, 12:05 PM
or.... if you have the nfl app or yahoo sports app, you don't have to sign into anything

I couldn't remember if you had to have a nfl.com account or not. I thought it was just download and watch but wasn't sure.

ChiefBlueCFC
01-06-2020, 12:09 PM
I couldn't remember if you had to have a nfl.com account or not. I thought it was just download and watch but wasn't sure.

Yeah, I've never had to sign into an account to watch games live. If you wanna do game pass or watch nfl network live on the app, then that's different.

big nasty kcnut
01-06-2020, 12:13 PM
Vipbox when you get to links hit number 2 and click on the first x then the next page that spring up hit the bottom x and the middle x then problem solved. Also now she pretty much have to do what you want now.

cmh6476
01-06-2020, 12:14 PM
Aren't all the games playing on the NFL ap? Download the app and Wi-Fi

dj56dt58
01-06-2020, 12:23 PM

I have signed into streaming sites using sling or Hulu logins so their are options for cord cutters

Trivers
01-06-2020, 12:28 PM
All great ideas!

Thank you one and all!

CP comes though again!

(and not one post about pics of the wife. :) )

InChiefsHeaven
01-06-2020, 12:49 PM
All great ideas!

Thank you one and all!

CP comes though again!

(and not one post about pics of the wife. :) )

Oh, and post pics of the wife...

loochy
01-06-2020, 01:08 PM
This can be frustrating to find a good stream on mobile that isn't hijacked by ads, but it's pretty reliable. CBS app would be a much safer bet.

No it's not. Always pick Buffstreams and it works fine with no ad redirect.

Mecca
01-06-2020, 01:37 PM
No it's not. Always pick Buffstreams and it works fine with no ad redirect.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/53a1318d92ef927125e10f34fcdddd3a/tenor.gif?itemid=10338917

Deberg_1990
01-06-2020, 01:40 PM
Yahoo sports app.

All nationally televised games are streamed on there.

tx4chiefs
01-06-2020, 01:50 PM

They show all nationally televised games on the app for free.