01-06-2020, 11:52 AM
sorry no link.

just announced on NFLnetwork.

ptlyon
01-06-2020, 11:53 AM
HOW BOUT DEM MCCARTHYS

ChiefBlueCFC
01-06-2020, 11:54 AM
lmao i imagine a new coach will change some things next season and they'll probably win the NFC East but that's about it. Pretty sure they hired Garrett 2.0

keg in kc
01-06-2020, 12:01 PM
It's all over Twitter, there's about a million links to choose from now.

Saw a joke that it was between him and marvin lewis and he won because he wasn't insisting on bringing hue jackson with him. LOL

ModSocks
01-06-2020, 12:02 PM
Everything about the Cowboys team is mediocre. So of course they'd hire a mediocre head coach.

ptlyon
01-06-2020, 12:03 PM
It's all over Twitter, there's about a million links to choose from now.

Saw a joke that it was between him and marvin lewis and he won because he wasn't insisting on bringing hue jackson with him. LOL

I bring my Hue Jackson everywhere I go. Mostly out of necessity.

rabblerouser
01-06-2020, 12:04 PM
Heard this 3 hours ago.

chiefforlife
01-06-2020, 12:15 PM
Very uninspiring hire. But better than Lewis.

chiefzilla1501
01-06-2020, 12:46 PM
I dont think it's a bad hire. He's got plenty of talent to work with. His ideas were stale but as we saw with spags, time off gives you a chance to see what everyone else is working on. And it sounds like dude did a lot of studying up on offenses during his off time. I don't know what he brings in terms of x's and o's but no doubt he knows how to coach.

Hope it doesn't work out but I think it's a solid hire. Definitely an upgrade over Garrett.

Sorry
01-06-2020, 01:29 PM
I think its a solid hire given the field. It's better to get a coach in now and start rebuilding the team and getting ready for free agency and the draft. I think the cowboys will be a contender sooner than later as they do have talent.

BleedingRed
01-06-2020, 01:32 PM
Has a Super Bowl ring, and has been to NFC Champ game x5... Not a bad hire honestly, if he teams it up with DC like Marvin Lewis they might have something.

Mennonite
01-06-2020, 01:34 PM
Day one of the McCarthy era and they've already rooted out one red.

https://i.imgur.com/QqcY9YM.jpg

Deberg_1990
01-06-2020, 01:37 PM
Best Chiefs tight end coach ever!

DeepPurple
01-06-2020, 01:47 PM
I really liked it this morning on Get Up when Dan Orlovsky said a good fit was Josh McDaniels with Tom Brady in tow. Then they were all predicting Brady would end up with the Chargers in their new stadium and would help fill seats and maybe lead them to the SB like Peyton's last couple of years with the Broncos.

St. Patty's Fire
01-06-2020, 01:52 PM
I really liked it this morning on Get Up when Dan Orlovsky said a good fit was Josh McDaniels with Tom Brady in tow. Then they were all predicting Brady would end up with the Chargers in their new stadium and would help fill seats and maybe lead them to the SB like Peyton's last couple of years with the Broncos.

They really think 43 year old Tom Brady is gonna come to the AFC west and win championships LMAO

I’d be shocked if they even win the division. That would mean finishing ahead of the Chiefs. And that’s not happening.

Mecca
01-06-2020, 01:52 PM
Brady on the Chargers would mean his career ends with a devastating injury cause well that's the Chargers.

BigBeauford
01-06-2020, 01:55 PM
Apparently Jerry had invited Mike to a sleepover.

lawrenceRaider
01-06-2020, 03:12 PM
Apparently Jerry had invited Mike to a sleepover.

Had to kiss the ring.

Megatron96
01-06-2020, 03:25 PM
McCarthy is a big upgrade over Garrett, just one resume alone.

Supposedly he spent most of his year off analyzing his own game-planning, as well as looking at the 'modern' game. So we'll see how that pans out.

At the very least though, bringing the West Coast offense into DAL will be an improvement over what they were doing up to now.

But right now, they might be the best team in the NFC-E.

JD10367
01-06-2020, 03:35 PM
Yeah, I’m in the camp of “it’s not the most inspired hire but at least the guy has a ring”. Not a bad hire but, honestly, the coach won’t matter if Jerruh doesn’t stop meddling. Guys like him and Snyder need to hire a GM, stay the fuck away from football operations, and only be seen in that shaky camera long shot of the owner’s box on game day.

rabblerouser
01-06-2020, 04:17 PM
Best Chiefs tight end coach ever!

Thought he was QB coach during the Montana years?

ChiefBlueCFC
01-06-2020, 04:24 PM

Yeah, because Phillip Rivers, Matt Cassell, Tim Tebow, Carson Palmer/Terrell Pryor are the quarterbacks in the AFC West still

Megatron96
01-06-2020, 04:55 PM
Oh God . . . Skip is saying that Dak would've won their game against the Eagles if Jerry had just signed him to a new contract before the game. That playing without that new contract interfered with Dak's ability to make a good pass.

wazu
01-06-2020, 04:59 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mike McCarthy slept over Jerry Jones’ house this weekend before becoming the new Cowboys head coach, per <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@AdamSchefter</a>.<br><br>Exclusive footage �� <a href="https://twitter.com/brgridiron?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@brgridiron</a><a href="https://t.co/pSsb2jiQHB">pic.twitter.com/pSsb2jiQHB</a></p>&mdash; Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) <a href="https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1214257460661440512?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 6, 2020</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Tribal Warfare
01-06-2020, 05:07 PM
Bad hire, Rodgers carried him and his antiquated offense

Deberg_1990
01-06-2020, 05:12 PM
Thought he was QB coach during the Montana years?

Yea, i thought he was the TE coach. Just looked it up. He was a Paul Hackett disciple.

During Montanas years he was a 'Offensive Quality control coach'

During the Bono/Grbac years he was the QB coach.

KCRon
01-06-2020, 05:15 PM

Jerry Jones is the worst owner in the NFL..........unfortunately I know first hand.

JakeF
01-06-2020, 05:17 PM
Safe signing, weird selection.

McCarthy is a west coast, throw-first guy. Dallas is built for more of a Run, Playaction Pass type offense right now.

McCarthy is a veteran coach that i wouldn't imagine would want the owner telling him what to do every day.

Deberg_1990
01-06-2020, 05:18 PM

Is this the first time in history a former very successful and Super Bowl winning coach has been considered an 'uninspired' hire?

Andy Reid didnt have a title when he came to KC obviously....

Wilson8
01-06-2020, 05:19 PM
I think it is a good hire for the Cowboys. McCarthy is a strong enough personality to stand up to Jerry Jones. Also I think they are keeping the OC Kellen Moore so that is also probably good.

Quote from Brett Favre -
“I don’t know Jerry other than what I see and what I hear,” Favre said on SiriusXM NFL Radio, via Jon Machota of the Dallas Morning News. “Obviously, he’s the owner, and everything starts and stops with him. Mike’s a smart guy. He knows that, and he knows that maybe at times Jerry will interfere or say things that you don’t necessarily agree with or don’t like. But it is what it is. I’ll say this: Mike is one of those guys from Pittsburgh. He’s hard-nosed. He’s tough. He is an aggressive personality. If there’s anyone out there presently that can handle that, it’s Mike. I believe that wholeheartedly.”

Pablo
01-06-2020, 05:26 PM
Bad hire, Rodgers carried him and his antiquated offense

That offense will work just fine in Dallas. Run Zeke twice, Dakota throws a quick slant, run Zeke again.

He's working with some vanilla talent on offense aside from a stud OL.

Valiant
01-06-2020, 06:36 PM
My guesses were McDaniels and Brady to Cleveland or Brady to the cowboys and they flip Prescott.

I don't see the charger's, I don't think their team is as ready as the other two for a Superbowl run.

Chiefshrink
01-06-2020, 06:42 PM
If anything maybe McCarthy can take Dak's game to the next level. Garrett couldn't. McCarthy doesn't seem to be the type to take Jerry's meddling BUT he needs a job so........he knows what he is getting into that is for sure.:hmmm:

Frazod
01-06-2020, 06:42 PM
I still think the Chargers could make a strong push for Brady. They don't want to be playing in front of a crowd of 120 in that new stadium.

Chris Meck
01-06-2020, 07:36 PM
the Cowboys are the most undisciplined mess of a team.

McCarthy would be a good bet to fix that.

If they just played smart, they'd be a lot better.

Flying High D
01-06-2020, 07:43 PM
Did Marvin get to have a sleepover?

Buehler445
01-07-2020, 12:46 AM
Brady on the Chargers would mean his career ends with a devastating injury cause well that's the Chargers.

Yeah, that OL is ass. Brady would lose his shit, have a coronary and die on the sideline if he had to go from the German War Machine that is Belicheat to the undisciplined elementary school recess that the Chargers are.

Sign me up!

McCarthy is a big upgrade over Garrett, just one resume alone.

Supposedly he spent most of his year off analyzing his own game-planning, as well as looking at the 'modern' game. So we'll see how that pans out.

At the very least though, bringing the West Coast offense into DAL will be an improvement over what they were doing up to now.

But right now, they might be the best team in the NFC-E.

the Cowboys are the most undisciplined mess of a team.

McCarthy would be a good bet to fix that.

If they just played smart, they'd be a lot better.

Meck is right. They're the best in the NFCE because that talent gap is mighty. I mean, the Cowboys still managed to lose to Philly's Practice Squad, so it won't take an all time coaching job to just improve from there.

Clyde Frog
01-07-2020, 12:47 AM
Yeah, that OL is ass. Brady would lose his shit, have a coronary and die on the sideline if he had to go from the German War Machine that is Belicheat to the undisciplined elementary school recess that the Chargers are.

Sign me up!

ROFL

DeepPurple
01-07-2020, 09:21 AM
Jerry Jones is the worst owner in the NFL..........unfortunately I know first hand.

That title belongs to Dan Synder.

My guesses were McDaniels and Brady to Cleveland or Brady to the cowboys and they flip Prescott.

I don't see the charger's, I don't think their team is as ready as the other two for a Superbowl run.

Cleveland, I believe that is where careers go to die, however I would like to see them try. Brady screaming at OBJ, that would be good watching. They have too much invested in Baker, they don't realize it, it's Johnny Manziel the second coming without the alcohol.

BleedingRed
01-07-2020, 09:33 AM
Safe signing, weird selection.

McCarthy is a west coast, throw-first guy. Dallas is built for more of a Run, Playaction Pass type offense right now.

McCarthy is a veteran coach that i wouldn't imagine would want the owner telling him what to do every day.

Dallas is a west coast offense..........

JakeF
01-07-2020, 05:24 PM
Dallas is a west coast offense..........
Which is a huge part of the problem.

You don't use short passes as a substitute for the running game when you have a great Oline and Elliot. Dak Prescott isn't a timing sort of QB either.

Dak and Elliott are a great pair for a play-action pass offense, with some RPO.

Prescott has a decent deep ball, and Cooper is a good deep ball WR. Elliot forces teams to commit an extra man in the box.

You pound the ball and use play-action deep passes to Cooper.