PDA

View Full Version : Football Joe Judge to coach the Giants

rabblerouser
01-07-2020, 11:02 AM
Didn't see a thread, just announced on NFLnet.

Lzen
01-07-2020, 11:04 AM
Who? I thought he had a TV show.

Lol poor Dylan

rabblerouser
Who? I thought he had a TV show.

Judge Joe Brown

01-07-2020, 11:05 AM
Their GM is a retard. You should hear him at a presser.

Mecca
01-07-2020, 11:05 AM
Already speculation that their coordinators are going to be Garrett and Phillips......is that their way of fucking with the Cowboys?

Buehler445
01-07-2020, 11:06 AM
Ok. Yeah. Thank Christ for Veach and Reid.

rabblerouser
01-07-2020, 11:07 AM
Already speculation that their coordinators are going to be Garrett and Phillips......is that their way of ****ing with the Cowboys?

Probably their way of fucking up the Cowboys. I'll bet Jerruh would be all kinds of pissed off if the Giants won the division in 2020. And they very well could...

dlphg9
01-07-2020, 11:10 AM
That guy must be a smooth talker.

TribalElder
01-07-2020, 11:12 AM
bedshit

FringeNC
01-07-2020, 11:15 AM
It's damn near impossible to predict who is going to be a successful head coach, but Gettleman is already an unpopular guy there, and hiring a no-name like this will really turn up the heat on both of them.

Mennonite
01-07-2020, 11:27 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NRS62nccwmw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mecca
01-07-2020, 11:29 AM
Dave Getttleman ladies and gentlemen...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">One note on the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Giants?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Giants</a>: Matt Rhule called them before signing his 6-year deal with the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Panthers?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Panthers</a> and gave them the opportunity to match and lure him to get on the plane. They declined and hired Joe Judge instead.</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1214581904315424768?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 7, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So basically Rhule preferred NY just wanted to be paid his market value.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-07-2020, 11:32 AM
I said it in the other thread but I just hope this guy doesn’t steal Daly to be his DC

Clyde Frog
01-07-2020, 11:38 AM
https://perezhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/judge-joe-brown-gif2.gif

Odd career pivot, but ok

Mennonite
01-07-2020, 11:42 AM
Way to bounce back, bro.

https://i.imgur.com/r1beRQt.jpg

Clyde Frog
01-07-2020, 11:43 AM
Way to bounce back, bro.

https://i.imgur.com/r1beRQt.jpg

So he finally pulled it off?

bringbackmarty
01-07-2020, 11:45 AM
It's unfathomable to me that Bienemy didn't get either the Giants or Panthers gig. He's got way more going for him charisma-wise than the two guys that got the jobs, has more coaching experience and he's paid his dues in the actual nfl. He'd instantly have the players respect and knows how to handle the media.

Gravedigger
01-07-2020, 11:49 AM
Yeah I didn't see a thread either, outside of the one that has been in use since last year under the title ****NFL Season Ending Pink Slips****

Mennonite
01-07-2020, 11:50 AM
So he finally pulled it off?

https://i.imgur.com/TB5zLda.jpg

Deberg_1990
01-07-2020, 12:06 PM
Patriot Way strikes again!

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
01-07-2020, 12:09 PM
EB gets passed over again... this is a disgrace!! If he doesn’t get the Browns job it’s time to discuss black coaches being ostracized.

lcarus
01-07-2020, 12:09 PM
You figure ONE of these Patriot Way guys will turn out to not be a total lump of shit.

Still...if I was the Giants I'd have definitely gone with Rhule.....

staylor26
01-07-2020, 12:10 PM
You figure ONE of these Patriot Way guys will turn out to not be a total lump of shit.

Still...if I was the Giants I'd have definitely gone with Rhule.....

Brian Flores did an excellent job in Miami this year.

Deberg_1990
01-07-2020, 12:12 PM
EB gets passed over again... this is a disgrace!! If he doesn’t get the Browns job it’s time to discuss black coaches being ostracized.

I didn’t want to say it.

But it’s curious that Pederson and Nagy got hired fairly quickly, and Beiniemy waits again.....

Eleazar

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">One note on the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Giants?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Giants</a>: Matt Rhule called them before signing his 6-year deal with the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Panthers?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Panthers</a> and gave them the opportunity to match and lure him to get on the plane. They declined and hired Joe Judge instead.</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1214581904315424768?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 7, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So basically Rhule preferred NY just wanted to be paid his market value.

If I'm a GM and you tell me in so many words that you don't have any preference where you end up, that it's just down to money, I don't want you leading my franchise anyway.

St. Patty's Fire

would’ve gone EB all day here instead of Patriot Way garbage

Reid tree blows the Belichick tree out of the fucking water. yet teams lap up these pats losers

RealSNR
01-07-2020, 12:23 PM
Brian Flores did an excellent job in Miami this year.

Flores gets credit for turning nothing into 4 wins. You know another first year head coach who also deserves credit for turning nothing into 4 wins? Todd Haley.

I’m not knocking on Flores or saying he’s not good. But it’s one thing to play beyond rock bottom expectations. It’s another to evolve beyond that.

The tanking is done. The instability of the roster is over. He’s got a crap ton of picks and cap space to spend on getting better players. Can he manage to take all those new players and make a real team out of them in the next 1-3 years?

staylor26
01-07-2020, 12:25 PM
Flores gets credit for turning nothing into 4 wins. You know another first year head coach who also deserves credit for turning nothing into 4 wins? Todd Haley.

I’m not knocking on Flores or saying he’s not good. But it’s one thing to play beyond rock bottom expectations. It’s another to evolve beyond that.

The tanking is done. The instability of the roster is over. He’s got a crap ton of picks and cap space to spend on getting better players. Can he manage to take all those new players and make a real team out of them in the next 1-3 years?

I get it, but that roster looked like an 0-16 team after all the trades and injuries. The fact that he kept the team together and they had a strong finish was impressive. They had the makings of a team that would quit in the middle of the season. He had some impressive wins against two playoff teams.

I’m not saying he’s proven anything, but he’s off to a great start.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
01-07-2020, 12:26 PM
Flores is gonna make Miami Great Again!! As for EB he needs to get the a browns job. He can turn that franchise around

Chiefspants
01-07-2020, 12:28 PM
If I'm a GM and you tell me in so many words that you don't have any preference where you end up, that it's just down to money, I don't want you leading my franchise anyway.

Dude, no.

If my employer values me and the work I bring to their building, they will have no problem compensating me at market value.

RealSNR
01-07-2020, 12:31 PM
Also, I didn’t know who this guy was. All the headlines described him as the WR coach for the Pats, which was slightly misleading. He only did that for this past season, and that was a duty added to his multiple years of being their special teams coordinator.

I still question if he’ll be any good due to the history of Patriots assistants sucking, but at least he’s been an actual coordinator of a successful unit for multiple years, and in the small historical sample size we have, special teams coordinators have usually wound up to be good head coaches.

That’s way better than just some douchey WR coach who couldn’t get his players to play beyond their talent capacity

UChieffyBugger
01-07-2020, 12:57 PM

The reality is the Fins really should have won three or four more games than they did. The Steelers, Bills road game, Jets road game and Skins at home were all games they dominated and somehow ended up losing. Imo Flores is very impressive and once he gets his QB and some decent pieces the fins will be decent again.

lawrenceRaider
01-07-2020, 01:09 PM

No, that's not what happened. He told the Giants I'm your guy if you want me, here's the market rate. They went another way.

Megatron96
01-07-2020, 02:03 PM
Gettlemann also said at the beginning of this season that Eli was going to lead the team to the playoffs.

Pretty good chance that this experiment fails just as miserably.

Also Marcellus Wiley on "Speak For Yourself" really likes this hire, which means that it's almost a guaranteed fail.

Pitt Gorilla
01-07-2020, 02:06 PM
Ok. Yeah. Thank Christ for Veach and Reid.I'm guessing we have idiots here that would prefer him over Reid.

Pitt Gorilla
01-07-2020, 02:08 PM
It's unfathomable to me that Bienemy didn't get either the Giants or Panthers gig. He's got way more going for him charisma-wise than the two guys that got the jobs, has more coaching experience and he's paid his dues in the actual nfl. He'd instantly have the players respect and knows how to handle the media.Right, but like several posters here have noted, there's just "something" they don't like. It's a "feeling" that they have, but they just can't quite put their finger on it.

I'm not kidding.

Kiimo
01-07-2020, 02:13 PM
I mean, my initial reaction might be dropping the race card about that but we've all heard that EB is kind of bad in interviews and maybe that feeling is accurate? Who knows.

RealSNR
01-07-2020, 04:27 PM
I think Bieniemy is a legit head coach but at some point I wonder if Reid could install Ubeja Vontell as offensive coordinator for a season and manage to get that guy an interview for a head coach spot.

The guy gets dudes hired. And for good reason-- he's got a pretty damn successful coaching tree.

Unlike some other old farts who have been head coaches for 20 years... *cough*BELICHICK*cough

Megatron96
01-07-2020, 04:32 PM
I think Bieniemy is a legit head coach but at some point I wonder if Reid could install Ubeja Vontell as offensive coordinator for a season and manage to get that guy an interview for a head coach spot.

The guy gets dudes hired. And for good reason-- he's got a pretty damn successful coaching tree.

Unlike some other old farts who have been head coaches for 20 years... *cough*BELICHICK*cough

Jason Whitlock just called Belichick's coaching tree "the most success of this century."

Chris Meck
01-07-2020, 04:53 PM
Right, but like several posters here have noted, there's just "something" they don't like. It's a "feeling" that they have, but they just can't quite put their finger on it.

I'm not kidding.

gee whiz. I wonder what that could be?

Pitt Gorilla
01-07-2020, 04:57 PM
gee whiz. I wonder what that could be?

I’m not willing to assume the motivation of the posters who intimated those thoughts.

JakeF
01-07-2020, 05:00 PM

So basically Rhule preferred NY just wanted to be paid his market value.Wow, so the Giants turned down one of the best HC prospects for a "who?" prospect. WTF?

Deberg_1990
01-07-2020, 05:00 PM
Jason Whitlock just called Belichick's coaching tree "the most success of this century."

More successful than Schottenheimers?

Who had at least 3 Super Bowl winners under him

Dungy , McCarthy and Cowher

bobbymitch
01-07-2020, 05:06 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NRS62nccwmw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hmm, and here I thought that was original to Laugh-In.

Raiderhater
01-07-2020, 05:08 PM

If EB doesn’t get the Browns job both we and HE should be grateful.

Cleveland is a good place to kill HC and QB careers before they even get started.

rabblerouser
01-07-2020, 05:58 PM
Yeah I didn't see a thread either, outside of the one that has been in use since last year under the title ****NFL Season Ending Pink Slips****

Someone getting hired isn't really a pink slip, first off. Second, go fuck yourself. 3rd, megathreads suck.

Hope that clears things up for you.

rabblerouser
01-07-2020, 06:05 PM
I'm guessing we have idiots here that would prefer him over Reid.

Good God, no. He's got PatriotStink on him.

Demonpenz
01-07-2020, 10:33 PM
Beninemy sucks at the mic

chiefzilla1501
01-08-2020, 12:34 AM

The difference is that Reid teaches his guys how to coach football. Bellichick teaches his guy a way. One way. The only way. It is a controlled, micromanaged system to the last detail. These coaches don't learn creativity. They want to carbon copy everything New England does in a new place because they arrogantly believe it's the only way to do things. And that drives me even more nuts because this Patriot way keeps spidering its way throughout the NFL. It's like a bad virus that just won't go away.

At least most of Reid coaches go their own way. So while we're at it, we may give Toub some shit, but with this hire it makes it an even bigger joke that he hasn't gotten more serious looks.

chiefzilla1501
08-06-2021, 10:20 AM
Crazy stuff. 3 veterans retire in 4 days from the giants. Including Zack Fulton who has played for plenty of tough coaches.

Is this another bellichick tree gonna bellichick tree example?

FloridaMan88
08-06-2021, 11:03 AM
The Faketriots Way bullshit doesn't work without a Future HOF/franchise QB.

Belichick is even a sub .500 career HC without Brady.

Bowser
08-06-2021, 11:05 AM
Crazy stuff. 3 veterans retire in 4 days from the giants. Including Zack Fulton who has played for plenty of tough coaches.

Lol, wow

Dunerdr
08-06-2021, 11:08 AM
The Faketriots Way bullshit doesn't work without a Future HOF/franchise QB.

Belichick is even a sub .500 career HC without Brady.

How many more examples does the NFL need? I guess Flores is convincing a few it might.

Buehler445
08-06-2021, 11:35 AM

I think that’s a foregone conclusion. Everybody seems to think Flores is a good coach but I’m guessing in 5 years we’ll all be thinking WTF? You just don’t do what he did to Tua.

Bottom line the Belicheat magic resides only with Belicheat.

duncan_idaho
08-06-2021, 11:36 AM
You hate to see it.

Oh wait. You don't.

chiefzilla1501
08-06-2021, 11:45 AM
I think that’s a foregone conclusion. Everybody seems to think Flores is a good coach but I’m guessing in 5 years we’ll all be thinking WTF? You just don’t do what he did to Tua.

Yup. Hes built a hell of a defense but that co-offensive coordinator shit is not gonna fly.

Buehler445
08-06-2021, 11:58 AM
Yup. Hes built a hell of a defense but that co-offensive coordinator shit is not gonna fly.
You just don’t bench a dude when the game is on the line and expect the kid to be anything. Ever.

Dunerdr
08-06-2021, 02:18 PM

Hes done fair with limited talent. If they spend those picks correctly it will be hard to be a bad coach with the defense hes building.

notorious
08-06-2021, 06:18 PM
Sorry Dylan.

Buehler445
08-06-2021, 06:59 PM
Hes done fair with limited talent. If they spend those picks correctly it will be hard to be a bad coach with the defense hes building.

Regardless of what he does otherwise. What he did with Tua is inexcusable.

Bottom line is there are a million things that can derail a QB outside of a few generational talents. You have to do what you can to mitigate as many things that derail a QB and hope it’s enough for him to realize his talent in an NFL environment.

What you don’t do is call him the starter and put in Fitzpatrick when shit gets real. That is just beyond inexcusable, except maybe in the Super Bowl for one game.

That is a sin that cannot be repented from.

FloridaMan88
08-06-2021, 07:53 PM
Flores looks like he’ll eventually flame out like Todd Haley did as a HC.

Miami’s 10-6 record last year was as fraudulent as Haley’s 10-6 Chiefs team in 2010.

Also Flores has had a crazy amount of turnover on his coaching staff in a short time-frame, similar to Haley’s time in KC.

Dunerdr
08-06-2021, 08:20 PM
Regardless of what he does otherwise. What he did with Tua is inexcusable.

Bottom line is there are a million things that can derail a QB outside of a few generational talents. You have to do what you can to mitigate as many things that derail a QB and hope it’s enough for him to realize his talent in an NFL environment.

What you don’t do is call him the starter and put in Fitzpatrick when shit gets real. That is just beyond inexcusable, except maybe in the Super Bowl for one game.

That is a sin that cannot be repented from.

That’s a fair argument. I’d counter with, he’s a coach capable of getting his guys to play for him.

chiefzilla1501
08-06-2021, 08:33 PM
That’s a fair argument. I’d counter with, he’s a coach capable of getting his guys to play for him.

But he's completely clueless on offense. Between the platoon QBs, to thinking it was somehow a good idea to platoon offensive coordinators to coach a young qb. He is more competent than the other tree guys. But that offense looks like a disaster waiting to happen.

Dunerdr
08-06-2021, 08:38 PM
But he's completely clueless on offense. Between the platoon QBs, to thinking it was somehow a good idea to platoon offensive coordinators to coach a young qb. He is more competent than the other tree guys. But that offense looks like a disaster waiting to happen.

I can’t argue that.

RealSNR
08-07-2021, 12:57 AM

I mean, the Chiefs did it that one year with Chilly and Nagy. But in this case with Miami, there is no Andy to be the actual head of it all. Flores wouldn't know a draw play from a fucking hail mary.

Both Godsey and Studesville have a lot of experience, but then you wonder if that's going to create some kind of unstable power dynamic, since there is no young guy to learn from the old guy like there was with Nagy and Chilly.

rabblerouser
08-16-2021, 08:07 AM
More successful than Schottenheimers?

Who had at least 3 Super Bowl winners under him

Dungy , McCarthy and Cowher

Some dickhead named Bruce Arians is from Marty's tree, too.

rabblerouser
08-16-2021, 08:11 AM
Flores looks like he’ll eventually flame out like Todd Haley did as a HC.

Miami’s 10-6 record last year was as fraudulent as Haley’s 10-6 Chiefs team in 2010.

Also Flores has had a crazy amount of turnover on his coaching staff in a short time-frame, similar to Haley’s time in KC.

Does Flores have Mark Castle pretending to be an NFL QB and a balding lackey masquerading as an NFL GM?

If so, he might be in trouble...

Deberg_1990
12-26-2021, 08:42 AM
Welp, prepare for another losing season in 2022 Giants fans.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">New York Giants plan to bring back HC Joe Judge and QB Daniel Jones for the 2022 season, per sources.<a href="https://t.co/ssvWw87XJq">https://t.co/ssvWw87XJq</a></p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1475062216080642052?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 26, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Buehler445
12-26-2021, 10:00 AM
Well that’s stupid.

Jerm
12-26-2021, 10:05 AM
Well I mean it worked so well this season…why not…

chiefzilla1501
12-26-2021, 10:43 AM
Giants twitter is hoping for pioli. The bellichick delusion is insane. And the giants seem stuck enough on this suckhole to actually do it.

dlphg9
12-26-2021, 11:12 AM
It's probably not going to turn out well, but I have to give the Giants credit for sticking with the guy and giving him a 3rd year to try and right the ship. Although the chances of him being a successful coach is pretty slim and no one can say for certain if he will fail/succeed, keeping coaches a year too long is certainly better for success than firing them after year 1 or 2.

FloridaMan88
12-26-2021, 11:56 AM
Continuing with failure just to maintain “stability” is hilariously stupid.

RealSNR
12-26-2021, 01:07 PM
It's probably not going to turn out well, but I have to give the Giants credit for sticking with the guy and giving him a 3rd year to try and right the ship. Although the chances of him being a successful coach is pretty slim and no one can say for certain if he will fail/succeed, keeping coaches a year too long is certainly better for success than firing them after year 1 or 2.

When is the last time a franchise stuck with their failing/mediocre head coach after 2 years and then saw a somewhat longterm track of success with him? Pete Carroll?

It'd be one thing if the Giants saw some incremental improvements taking place from year to year. They really haven't, though. Daniel Jones has had more talent around him and has looked worse. They were 6-10 last year, and they're currently 4-10, so unless they run the table, they're going to finish with a worse record.

The guy has also had a bunch of weird shit surround him like players fighting coaches, or when he had his QBs get tackled in practice to "toughen them up." Judge just has never given any reason to predict success in two seasons, and he's had plenty of noise surrounding him that he's actually kind of bad.

And that's enough. You can stick a fork in him. You can't always say if a coach is good or bad in two seasons, but in this case I think you absolutely can. Judge is shitty, and the Giants would be far better off moving on and trying to get the coach right than rolling with somebody we KNOW is a pile of crap.

chiefzilla1501
12-26-2021, 02:18 PM

The question is if they keep judge around in order to bring back another bellichick stooge they think can work with judge. Rather than hire a gm who then decides on the next coach. The giants seem enamored with this tree. I guess you kind of get it given their history with the parcels tree