PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Tom Brady teases NFL return, says 'I still have more to prove'

Eleazar
01-08-2020, 01:36 PM
Megathreads suck

(CNN) - Star quarterback Tom Brady will return to the NFL to play another season after a rare first-round playoff loss, he hinted in an Instagram post on Wednesday.

"In both life and football, failure is inevitable. You dont always win. You can, however, learn from that failure, pick yourself up with great enthusiasm, and place yourself in the arena again," he wrote. "And that's right where you will find me. Because I know I still have more to prove."

Brady, now 42, is the oldest quarterback in the NFL and yet remains one of the league's top players. He is due to be a free agent this offseason and so will be able to sign with any NFL team, and there had been question as to whether the ageless wonder would retire.

In his Instagram post, he heaped praise on the fans, his teammates and the Patriots organization.

"I have been blessed to find a career I love, teammates who go to battle with me, an organization that believes in me, and fans who have been behind us every step of the way. Every one of us that works at Gillette Stadium strived to do their best, spent themselves at a worthy cause, and prepared to fail while daring greatly (h/t Teddy Roosevelt)," he wrote.

"And for that, we've been rewarded with something that the scoreboard won't show -- the satisfaction of knowing we gave everything to each other in pursuit of a common goal. That is what TEAM is all about."

Led by a dominant defense and Brady's steady quarterbacking, the Patriots went 12-4 this season. However, Brady did not impress in a first-round playoff loss to the Tennessee Titans on Saturday, and his final throw was an interception returned for a touchdown. The loss was the earliest playoff exit for the Patriots in a decade.

He said after the loss that it was "pretty unlikely" he would retire.

"I don't know what the future looks like, and I'm not going to predict it," he said. When asked if there was a possibility that he would retire, Brady answered, "I would say it's pretty unlikely, hopefully unlikely."

When asked about bringing Brady back for another season, Patriots coach Bill Belichick deferred, saying, "We just finished the game. We're focused on this game, okay."

Brady has won six Super Bowls for the Patriots in his 20-year career since joining the team as a 6th round pick in 2000.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/08/us/tom-brady-patriots-return/index.html

Kiimo
01-08-2020, 01:42 PM
Can you imagine being a Chargers fan and replacing Rivers with an even older QB with an even deader arm?

j/k there are no Charger fans

ptlyon
01-08-2020, 01:43 PM
No1curr

ntexascardfan
01-08-2020, 01:44 PM
I have a weird feeling he could be a Raider.

They have a ton of cap space and I could see them throwing a stupid deal at him to help launch football in Vegas.

They have two top 20 picks and five top 100 picks in the draft and their current roster isn't terrible.

I could see him being sold on that move.

notorious
01-08-2020, 01:48 PM
Groan.

Go away.

Marcellus
01-08-2020, 01:49 PM
No1curr

Beat me to it. I give a fuck about Brady, the playoffs are in full swing.

Sorce
01-08-2020, 01:55 PM
Brady, now 42, is the oldest quarterback in the NFL and yet remains one of the league's top players.

Can someone please tell the media that this is not true. He was pretty awful this year.

Hammock Parties
01-08-2020, 01:59 PM
can't wait to break his body at arrowhead

im buying a ticket on the VISITOR SIDELINE

Hydrae
01-08-2020, 02:02 PM
Because I know I still have more to prove

Like what? That you can continue to get paid while completely sucking?

FloridaMan88
01-08-2020, 02:23 PM
The “something more to prove” comment suggests he is likely to sign with a new team.

What else would he need to prove with the Faketriots?

Chief Pagan
01-08-2020, 02:26 PM
He should go to Buffalo and be the game manager that team needs.

scho63
01-08-2020, 02:26 PM
I said it once in another thread and I'll say it in this one: Brady going to the Chargers would be a colossal waste. San Diego has no QB in waiting that Brady could groom.

If I were the Browns I would sign him to teach Baker Mayfield or Buffalo to help Josh Allen

Wallcrawler
01-08-2020, 02:45 PM
Well one thing he can prove is that he can win without being a cheating fuckstain.

Good luck with that one Tom.

digger
01-08-2020, 02:58 PM
You know who Brady gets to play this weekend:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rywUS-ohqeE?start=55" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LiveSteam
01-08-2020, 02:59 PM
Ya dont say?

notorious
01-08-2020, 03:15 PM
Well one thing he can prove is that he can win without being a cheating ****stain.

No, he can't and won't prove that.

It's over. Even cheating couldn't get that franchise very far this year.

Deberg_1990
01-08-2020, 03:19 PM
What does he have left to prove?

TEX
01-08-2020, 03:19 PM
Well one thing he can prove is that he can win without being a cheating ****stain.

So much this.

big nasty kcnut
01-08-2020, 03:22 PM
Like what that you can get murdered in a football game?

Mennonite
01-08-2020, 03:23 PM
https://i.imgur.com/5cQ1b1n.jpg

lcarus
01-08-2020, 03:26 PM

That he wasn't just a more accurate, more clutch version of Matt Cassel his whole career who succeeded because of the cheating Belichick system, horribly inept division competition, the refs in their back pocket, great kickers and a whole lot of luck in a lot of games.

He'll fail hard because A) that's all true and B) he's too old to prove otherwise even if he could which he can't because A)

GoChargers
01-08-2020, 03:31 PM

For starters, he could prove that the Patriots' legacy of cheating isn't the only reason he didn't have a Trent Dilfer-level career at best.

BossChief
01-08-2020, 03:33 PM
Follow McDaniels to Cleveland, bitch.

chinaski
01-08-2020, 03:35 PM

Osteoporosis Supplements and Metamucil aren't PED's

Three7s
01-08-2020, 03:44 PM

That men in wheelchairs can still play football.

Mennonite
01-08-2020, 03:51 PM
That men in wheelchairs can still play football.

He's gonna play so long he'll be endorsing a line of unisex Gucci colostomy bags before his career is over.

Dartgod
01-08-2020, 04:00 PM
Brady, now 42, is the oldest quarterback in the NFL and yet remains one of the league's top players.

Utter bullshit.

jdubya
01-08-2020, 04:26 PM

They have a ton of cap space and I could see them throwing a stupid deal at him to help launch football in Vegas.

They have two top 20 picks and five top 100 picks in the draft and their current roster isn't terrible.

Whats funny is a declining Brady would still be an upgrade over a peaking Carr.

Halfcan
01-08-2020, 04:28 PM
Why didn't he Prove It against the Titans?

Chris Meck
01-08-2020, 04:38 PM

that he can win without Belichick.

saphojunkie
01-08-2020, 04:44 PM
The only thing he should prove is that he knows when to hang it up.

Imon Yourside
01-08-2020, 04:44 PM
that he can win without Belichick.

He couldn't win WITH Belichick this year so how will that work with say the 15th ranked defense?

Kman34
01-08-2020, 04:48 PM
Only thing he’s going to prove is that 43 year old men shouldn’t play QB in the NFL...

Lilmrp117
01-08-2020, 04:49 PM
That he wasn't just a more accurate, more clutch version of Matt Cassel his whole career who succeeded because of the cheating Belichick system, horribly inept division competition, the refs in their back pocket, great kickers and a whole lot of luck in a lot of games.

He'll fail hard because A) that's all true and B) he's too old to prove otherwise even if he could which he can't because A)

This gets overlooked a lot, but straight up stupid luck has contributed to the majority of his super bowls if you look back at it carefully. The tuck rule game saved him for the first super bowl, pete carrol gave him another super bowl win, the falcons ridiculous collapse gave him another, and dee ford offsides another. A normal player would be lucky to just have half of these events go their way, but this lucky bastard has all of them go his way.

I really hate pete carrol, the falcons and dee ford for making it so that people can argue that brady is the GOAT. I would have loved to see brady go up against the defenses in the 80's with the rules from that time that montana and marino faced. He'd probably just do what he does nowadays - throw himself to the ground to avoid the other team putting his ass on the ground. I hope next season he breaks his hip while throwing himself to the ground to avoid a hit.

Rain Man
01-08-2020, 04:50 PM
After seeing him play this year, I welcome him back in 2020 and hope he remains a Patriot.

Imon Yourside
01-08-2020, 04:52 PM
After seeing him play this year, I welcome him back in 2020 and hope he remains a Patriot.

Indeed this is probably the year his arm falls apart in midair like Paid-a-Tons did and he throws 4 picks by halftime and gets pulled against us.

AdolfOliverBush
01-08-2020, 04:55 PM

Bullshit. He's one of the worst starting quarterbacks in the league. Drive the ball down the field? At this point, he couldn't drive a peg up a goat's ass.

Kiimo
01-08-2020, 04:57 PM
Is driving a peg up a goat's ass difficult?

It sounds difficult.

kcclone
01-08-2020, 04:57 PM
Hopefully he ends up with the Raiders or Chargers. I would love to see him lose 3 straight to Reid and Mahomes

Setsuna
01-08-2020, 05:28 PM
can't wait to break his body at arrowhead

im buying a ticket on the VISITOR SIDELINE

https://media.giphy.com/media/3kIcyN7fUtlUA/giphy.gif

Why are you so obsessed with Tom Brady? Just let him fade into the sunset. You have an unnatural desire to be involved with his downfall. Borderline psychotic. :shake:

Mennonite
01-08-2020, 05:32 PM
Why are you so obsessed with Tom Brady? Just let him fade into the sunset. You have an unnatural desire to be involved with his downfall. Borderline psychotic. :shake:

Not wanting to see Brady publicly dismembered is a sure fire way to fail a Voight-Kampff test, skinjob.

LiveSteam
01-08-2020, 05:33 PM
PBJPBJPBJPBJPBJPBJ

TwistedChief
01-08-2020, 05:36 PM
We will play the Patriots next year in the Thursday night opener. We’ll hoist the championship banner. Brady will throw a pick 6. Chiefs will embarrass the Patriots.

I can’t wait for him to come back.

Setsuna
01-08-2020, 05:40 PM
We will play the Patriots next year in the Thursday night opener. We’ll hoist the championship banner. Brady will throw a pick 6. Chiefs will embarrass the Patriots.

Absolutely unhinged. Chiefs fans have a Brady/Patriots complex.

Hammock Parties
01-08-2020, 05:42 PM

oh my god

we deserve this

you more than most

TwistedChief
01-08-2020, 05:46 PM
Absolutely unhinged. Chiefs fans have a Brady/Patriots complex.

You’re a Jaguars fan who spends endless amounts of time on a Chiefs message board. But we have an unhealthy complex?

FAX
01-08-2020, 05:47 PM
This isn't going to end well.

FAX

tk13
01-08-2020, 06:15 PM

I'm sure their name will come up because Gruden certainly has a long past having success with old QBs (Gannon, Brad Johnson) spreading the field and beating you with the short passing game.

Chargers will probably be first in the rumor mill though because they definitely need to build a fanbase the most moving into that new stadium, and knowing no one in LA comes to Chargers games to see the Chargers. Brady would give them instant bandwagon cred.

MahiMike
01-08-2020, 06:33 PM
He wants to prove that he's a system QB that will totally suck without McDaniels and belichick.

I think it's a great idea.

HemiEd
01-08-2020, 06:36 PM

We can only hope they would sign him. That would be awesome to get him in the division and play him twice each season.

Eleazar
01-08-2020, 07:39 PM

He has nothing else in life but to obsess over football players

Red Dawg
01-08-2020, 07:43 PM
No way in hell Kraft will let Brady play for another team. He will make Bill leave before that happens.

Chris Meck
01-08-2020, 08:01 PM
He couldn't win WITH Belichick this year so how will that work with say the 15th ranked defense?

because they were short on offensive talent.

The argument has always been: Is it Brady, or is it Belichick?

I think they both want to prove they each were the reason for the 6 rings and 9 appreances in the 'bowl.

if Brady goes elsewhere and wins it, and I think HE thinks he can, then his ego will be assuaged.

Personally, I think it was both, and Belichick could win with another QB, but that team is not ready to seriously compete offensive talent-wise.

Brady would need a supporting cast at this point, and a good offensive mind running things. Like a Reid, a Payton, someone like that.

bdj23
01-08-2020, 08:05 PM
Just retire, gramps.

RealSNR
01-08-2020, 08:33 PM
Why are you so obsessed with Tom Brady? Just let him fade into the sunset.

I don't know about you, but we HAVE been waiting for him to fade into the sunset.

He won't go away. He won't fade. So we're rooting for fate to intervene and do the job for him.

It's like when Matt Cassel was entrenched as the starter and people were kinda hoping for injury. We didn't want to do it, but a message had to be sent to that numbskull Pioli. He was pulling all the strings and kept trotting that dipshit out there year after year and expecting his head coaches to keep him the starter. So we had to ask for injury to do the job for us.

RealSNR
01-08-2020, 08:37 PM
because they were short on offensive talent.

The argument has always been: Is it Brady, or is it Belichick?

I think they both want to prove they each were the reason for the 6 rings and 9 appreances in the 'bowl.

if Brady goes elsewhere and wins it, and I think HE thinks he can, then his ego will be assuaged.

Personally, I think it was both, and Belichick could win with another QB, but that team is not ready to seriously compete offensive talent-wise.

Brady would need a supporting cast at this point, and a good offensive mind running things. Like a Reid, a Payton, someone like that.
Sorry, but no, Brady was NOT short on offensive talent. It was basically the same fucking team he had last year. Same RBs. Same WRs. Same offensive coaching staff. His LT was injured last year? So was the LT this year.

One thing changed. Gimped Gronk retired. One fucking slow ass TE was all the difference for a 41 year old QB vs the 42-year old abortion we saw this year?

Scratch that. One more thing changed. Brady changed. He advanced another year in his 40s in the NFL. He was a huge part of the offensive decline for the Patriots.

Spott
01-08-2020, 08:57 PM
You’re a Jaguars fan who spends endless amounts of time on a Chiefs message board. But we have an unhealthy complex?

Well, Jaguar fans are even harder to come by than Charger fans so he probably gets lonely trying to talk football with them.

Baby Lee
01-08-2020, 09:00 PM
https://i.imgur.com/5cQ1b1n.jpg

I was thinking more

https://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/xxx-288780_0011.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

cmh6476
01-08-2020, 09:05 PM
Good, bring it. I doubt he beats us again.

Chris Meck
01-08-2020, 09:10 PM
Sorry, but no, Brady was NOT short on offensive talent. It was basically the same ****ing team he had last year. Same RBs. Same WRs. Same offensive coaching staff. His LT was injured last year? So was the LT this year.

One thing changed. Gimped Gronk retired. One ****ing slow ass TE was all the difference for a 41 year old QB vs the 42-year old abortion we saw this year?

Scratch that. One more thing changed. Brady changed. He advanced another year in his 40s in the NFL. He was a huge part of the offensive decline for the Patriots.

I think you misunderstand my stance.

I think HE thinks he can win it.

I don't think he can. I think he might Brad Johnson his way into one if he landed on a team with an elite defense (and no, New England's defense was not elite. It feasted on a shit schedule and couldn't beat good offenses.)

He is no longer elite himself. That is clear.

and they were playing with Sanu and a rookie at WR at the end. And no Gronk. And a shit offensive line.

There's more to it than just his decline, but clearly there is a decline in his ability, no argument there.

DRM08
01-08-2020, 09:11 PM
This gets overlooked a lot, but straight up stupid luck has contributed to the majority of his super bowls if you look back at it carefully. The tuck rule game saved him for the first super bowl, pete carrol gave him another super bowl win, the falcons ridiculous collapse gave him another, and dee ford offsides another. A normal player would be lucky to just have half of these events go their way, but this lucky bastard has all of them go his way.

I really hate pete carrol, the falcons and dee ford for making it so that people can argue that brady is the GOAT. I would have loved to see brady go up against the defenses in the 80's with the rules from that time that montana and marino faced. He'd probably just do what he does nowadays - throw himself to the ground to avoid the other team putting his ass on the ground. I hope next season he breaks his hip while throwing himself to the ground to avoid a hit.

Pats have had plenty of good luck for sure. But flip side is the flukey catch by the Giants WR and the flukey performance by Nick Foles.

The one that pisses me off to this day is the tuck rule in the snow. Raiders had them beat. Jerry Rice was my favorite football player as a kid. Hated to see him lose that game in such a BS manner. And then the Pats turn into a dynasty after that. Who knows what would have happened if the tuck rule never bailed them out in the first place.

Flying High D
01-08-2020, 09:19 PM
You can do it Tom. Only 3 more til 45. You can do it Tom. The NFL needs you. PEnischin son French kissing shitriot.

JakeF
01-08-2020, 09:29 PM
I think Belichek wants to move on and prove he can win without Brady.

Kraft already made him keep Brady instead of moving on to Garoppolo. That's why Belicheck traded Garoppolo for cheap. He was pissed and wanted to make sure Garoppolo was very successful and Kraft would see what he missed out on.

The only way that Brady is a Patriot next year is if Kraft makes it happen again.

Mr. Kotter
01-08-2020, 10:21 PM
This cracked me up when i first saw it.... LMAO

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fhsin.bernard%2Fvideos%2F1298006637055433%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="377" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

Lzen
01-09-2020, 09:22 AM
Can someone please tell the media that this is not true. He was pretty awful this year.

It's CNN. Fake news is the norm there. :D

Lzen
01-09-2020, 09:26 AM
Is driving a peg up a goat's ass difficult?

It sounds difficult.

LMAO

Cntrygal
01-09-2020, 10:51 AM
He should go to Buffalo and be the game manager that team needs.

:shake:

Hugh Jayniss
01-09-2020, 01:44 PM
One thing changed. Gimped Gronk retired. One ****ing slow ass TE was all the difference for a 41 year old QB vs the 42-year old abortion we saw this year?

I sure wish that we had that slow ass TE playing for the Chiefs for the last 5 years. We might have won it all last year with Gronk!

Megatron96
01-09-2020, 02:20 PM
I sure wish that we had that slow ass TE playing for the Chiefs for the last 5 years. We might have won it all last year with Gronk!

Gronk doesn't play defense.

Well, to be more precise, he doesn't play defense well. See Patsies vs. Fins last year when they tried to use Gronk as a safety . . .