PDA

View Full Version : Football 49ers have an emotional support dog...

InChiefsHeaven
01-10-2020, 07:25 AM
...I mean, OK. Maybe the Chiefs should enlist Pat's gf to bring his dogs in to help out our players with their emotions...

From October of 2019:

https://www.radio.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers-have-nfls-first-emotional-support-dog

Raiderhater
01-10-2020, 07:32 AM
How does a team of professional football players needing an emotional support dog end up as the number one seed in their conference?

UK_Chief
01-10-2020, 07:45 AM
Chiefs fans have needed one for the best part of 40 years. Put your hand in your pocket Clark!

Brooklyn
01-10-2020, 07:49 AM
How does a team of professional football players needing an emotional support dog end up as the number one seed in their conference?

Or did the presence of an emotional support dog propel them to the #1 seed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raiderhater
01-10-2020, 07:53 AM
Or did the presence of an emotional support dog propel them to the #1 seed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same difference.

mdchiefsfan
01-10-2020, 08:01 AM
It must be for their fans after their February meeting with the Chiefs. Tears will be shed.

Skyy God
01-10-2020, 08:05 AM

The Bear Bryant, petty tyrant, intimidation shit is on its way out.

Gimme therapy dogs all day.

tyecopeland
01-10-2020, 08:09 AM
But does it keep all their players from playing basketball? Maybe it's really a round ball guard dog in disguise.

TribalElder
01-10-2020, 08:10 AM
That dog is ugly as fuck

TribalElder
01-10-2020, 08:11 AM
They gonna need that dog to comfort everyone if they lose to Kirk Cousins ROFL

scho63
01-10-2020, 08:24 AM
Kaepernick finally got rehired?

ThaVirus
01-10-2020, 08:26 AM
Dogs are awesome. This is a non-issue.

notorious
01-10-2020, 08:26 AM
The Chiefs support dog.

https://s.yimg.com/lo/api/res/1.2/X.uJCtVV_.JRnC5IwXahsQ--~B/YXBwaWQ9eWlzZWFyY2g7Zmk9Zml0O2dlPTAwNjYwMDtncz0wMEEzMDA7aD0zNzA7dz02NTg-/http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/disney/images/3/31/Air_Bud_Header.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20131005020134.cf.jpg

BigRedChief
01-10-2020, 08:29 AM
A pet dog might not be such a stupid idea. Get a friendly scruffy looking mutt that was rescued to hang around. Might help bond people together from different backgrounds.

Oxford
01-10-2020, 08:51 AM
Raise one of these, change someones life!

https://www.leaderdog.org/volunteer/raise-a-puppy/

We are on number 11 and 12 for them

Raiderhater
01-10-2020, 08:52 AM
The Bear Bryant, petty tyrant, intimidation shit is on its way out.

Gimme therapy dogs all day.

That’s not even what I’m talking about.

RollChiefsRoll
01-10-2020, 08:54 AM
As long as it ain’t no horse. She better go on with that horse. I don’t fuck around with no horse.

TwistedChief
01-10-2020, 08:55 AM
*CHIEFS EMOTIONAL SUPPORT ANIMAL BITES MAHOMES, QUICKLY EUTHANIZED -SOURCES

Oxford
01-10-2020, 08:58 AM
*CHIEFS EMOTIONAL SUPPORT ANIMAL BITES MAHOMES, QUICKLY EUTHANIZED -SOURCES

OMG, the NFL euthanized Mahomes!

Skyy God
01-10-2020, 09:06 AM

You’re a moron.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/your-dog-can-make-you-feel-better-and-heres-why/2016/09/19/fde4aeec-6a2a-11e6-8225-fbb8a6fc65bc_story.html

DaFace
01-10-2020, 09:15 AM
Sounds like a idea to me.

KCChiefsFan88
01-10-2020, 09:24 AM
And in related news... broke dick Dee Ford tripped over said emotional support dog and injured his hamstring/knee/leg/ankle, take your pick.

Raiderhater
01-10-2020, 09:49 AM
You’re a moron.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/your-dog-can-make-you-feel-better-and-heres-why/2016/09/19/fde4aeec-6a2a-11e6-8225-fbb8a6fc65bc_story.html

If you are a member/former member of the military returning home from combat and suffering PTSD I have no issue with an emotional support animal.

If you are taking your pet to work with you to help you make it through the day, you might need to toughen the fuck up. You can unwind with your pal when you get home.

cron912
01-10-2020, 09:51 AM
We have Chief, the Golden Retriever

Skyy God
01-10-2020, 09:59 AM
If you are a member/former member of the military returning home from combat and suffering PTSD I have no issue with an emotional support animal.

If you are taking your pet to work with you to help you make it through the day, you might need to toughen the **** up. You can unwind with your pal when you get home.

Ok boomer.

Mennonite
01-10-2020, 10:00 AM
We live in a really stupid country.

Raiderhater
01-10-2020, 10:01 AM
Ok boomer.

Try again.

DaFace
01-10-2020, 10:03 AM

If you are taking your pet to work with you to help you make it through the day, you might need to toughen the fuck up. You can unwind with your pal when you get home.

You must lead a very sad and angry life.

Raiderhater
01-10-2020, 10:07 AM
You must lead a very sad and angry life.

Because I do not require a pet by my side 24 hours a day I am sad and angry? That is just a bizarre way of thinking.

And you're wrong. :shrug:

DaFace
01-10-2020, 10:10 AM
Because I do not require a pet by my side 24 hours a day I am sad and angry? That is just a bizarre way of thinking.

And you're wrong. :shrug:

You just seem to be particularly offended that people find it nice to have a dog around, which is an odd reaction for someone who is loving life.

DaFace
01-10-2020, 10:10 AM
We have Chief, the Golden Retriever

FUCK YOU AND YOUR DUMB DOG. MAN UP, YOU PUSSY. [/Raiderhader]

Gravedigger
01-10-2020, 10:12 AM
Mans best friend, more dogs the merrier!

Raiderhater
01-10-2020, 10:13 AM
You just seem to be particularly offended that people find it nice to have a dog around, which is an odd reaction for someone who is loving life.

There is a difference between enjoying the company of a dog and NEEDING it for emotional support through out the day. I don't understand why that is a hard concept to understand.

DaFace
01-10-2020, 10:15 AM
There is a difference between enjoying the company of a dog and NEEDING it for emotional support through out the day. I don't understand why that is a hard concept to understand.

Point me to where anyone has said they need the dog.

Raiderhater
01-10-2020, 10:24 AM

Uhm, that is who emotional support dogs are for, those who need them, or think they do. I probably would never have commented if the story had been about the team adopting the dog as an unofficial mascot or something. I mean I still probably wouldn't bring a pet to my job but, whatever. But words mean things, and emotional support dog means an animal that is required to help you get through the day without cracking up.

DaFace
01-10-2020, 10:25 AM
Uhm, that is who emotional support dogs are for, those who need them, or think they do. I probably would never have commented if the story had been about the team adopting the dog as an unofficial mascot or something. I mean I still probably wouldn't bring a pet to my job but, whatever. But words mean things, and emotional support dog means an animal that is required to help you get through the day without cracking up.

So your issue is that they called it an emotional support dog? Sounds like your problem is reading too much into a title to me. It's just a dog that they enjoy having in the locker room - nothing more.

Mennonite
01-10-2020, 10:28 AM
Raiderhader is right.

Raiderhater
01-10-2020, 10:33 AM
So your issue is that they called it an emotional support dog? Sounds like your problem is reading too much into a title to me. It's just a dog that they enjoy having in the locker room - nothing more.

Reading too much into the title? What is the point of the title, and the story itself, if not to communicate something? If your job is communicating, then you should probably do it properly. A journalist SHOULD know better.

CrazyPhuD
01-10-2020, 10:42 AM
Does it identify as a human?

Dartgod
01-10-2020, 10:43 AM

It's in the first sentence of the article in the OP.

Even professional football players need a little comforting to soothe their nerves.

DaFace
01-10-2020, 10:45 AM
It's in the first sentence of the article in the OP.

I just think you guys are reading WAY too much into what a random journalist on...radio.com?...says.

At its core, are you actually against the idea of a team having a dog around if it provides a little bit of levity? Doesn't seem any different than a basketball hoop to me (and probably less likely to cause a calf injury).

Dartgod
01-10-2020, 10:53 AM
I just think you guys are reading WAY too much into what a random journalist on...radio.com?...says.

At its core, are you actually against the idea of a team having a dog around if it provides a little bit of levity? Doesn't seem any different than a basketball hoop to me (and probably less likely to cause a calf injury).

I couldn't care less. I was just pointing out what was in the article.

MahiMike
01-10-2020, 10:54 AM
Dangit! This is a great idea. We need one.

Raiderhater
01-10-2020, 10:55 AM

Again, words have meanings. There is a difference between "emotional support" and "levity". There is a difference between "enjoy" and "need".

Either the individual responsible for the story does not have a firm grasp on the language, is intentionally being dramatic (for lack of a better word at the moment) or IS being accurate and you are choosing to not take it seriously.

All I have to go off of are the words they typed. If they intended a different meaning that is on them, not me.

DaFace
01-10-2020, 11:05 AM
Again, words have meanings. There is a difference between "emotional support" and "levity". There is a difference between "enjoy" and "need".

Either the individual responsible for the story does not have a firm grasp on the language, is intentionally being dramatic (for lack of a better word at the moment) or IS being accurate and you are choosing to not take it seriously.

All I have to go off of are the words they typed. If they intended a different meaning that is on them, not me.

If you go through life getting worked up by everything you read from journalists, you're gonna have a bad time.

Gravedigger
01-10-2020, 11:14 AM

If words have meanings, and these employees find certain words meaningful to the point where it affects their day and a good way to get around their emotional grief is to need a dog around I'm not going to say no to them. If words have meanings it's an emotional support animal. Technically the words are to support your emotions, needing that animal is subjective and not apart of the emotional support animal terminology.

We get it, you find them weak, nobody is arguing their weakness, but just because you haven't needed a dog around to make your day easier to get through doesn't mean that others don't.

Most posts on this forum are "LOL weak ass I've never needed that so I can make fun of you for needing it!" We get it, you all are tougher than a person who is emotionally unstable, needing something to get through their day when you never got that privilege. If you put your dog down, it's made every manly man on this forum cry like a baby. But what makes you feel better eventually? Another dog. You won't call that an emotional support animal? You're not going to hurt yourself or others over your dogs death, but it doesn't help you smile a bit more? Be more personable and tolerable to others? Lets just understand that we need animals more than we'd like to admit, and if we grew up in the time that most people are growing up in and this was available to us, I know I'd love a goofy Golden Retriever or Lab around to make my day better. Would I say I needed that? No, but if it's available I might be open to a job that offers that over one that doesn't.

I've always harped on people, especially my kid, about need vs want. My daughter doesn't need a dog to get through the day, but when Lucky is around her it makes her that much better to be around which is always great in my book. Better than a joint, a drug, a stiff drink, to be alone, or to have other dark thoughts cross your mind than suicide or murder. Better be on the safer side, then the dead one.

Raiderhater
01-10-2020, 11:23 AM
If you go through life getting worked up by everything you read from journalists, you're gonna have a bad time.

I suppose this is my fault for not posting on a more regular basis; when I do post it must because I’m worked up over something instead of just adding my 2 cents like everyone else.

I see I’ve struck some nerves today. :)

Raiderhater
01-10-2020, 11:42 AM
If words have meanings, and these employees find certain words meaningful to the point where it affects their day and a good way to get around their emotional grief is to need a dog around I'm not going to say no to them. If words have meanings it's an emotional support animal. Technically the words are to support your emotions, needing that animal is subjective and not apart of the emotional support animal terminology.

We get it, you find them weak, nobody is arguing their weakness, but just because you haven't needed a dog around to make your day easier to get through doesn't mean that others don't.

Most posts on this forum are "LOL weak ass I've never needed that so I can make fun of you for needing it!" We get it, you all are tougher than a person who is emotionally unstable, needing something to get through their day when you never got that privilege. If you put your dog down, it's made every manly man on this forum cry like a baby. But what makes you feel better eventually? Another dog. You won't call that an emotional support animal? You're not going to hurt yourself or others over your dogs death, but it doesn't help you smile a bit more? Be more personable and tolerable to others? Lets just understand that we need animals more than we'd like to admit, and if we grew up in the time that most people are growing up in and this was available to us, I know I'd love a goofy Golden Retriever or Lab around to make my day better. Would I say I needed that? No, but if it's available I might be open to a job that offers that over one that doesn't.

I've always harped on people, especially my kid, about need vs want. My daughter doesn't need a dog to get through the day, but when Lucky is around her it makes her that much better to be around which is always great in my book. Better than a joint, a drug, a stiff drink, to be alone, or to have other dark thoughts cross your mind than suicide or murder. Better be on the safer side, then the dead one.

Out of everything you’ve said here, this is still ultimately what it boils down too. Our society seems to have a hard time knowing the difference between the two. And to compound that issue we believe we are entitled to what ever it is we deem we need. As previously stated there are instances where I understand and support emotional support dogs. But if you are not suffering from PTSD after returning from fighting a war or some other mentally and emotionally equivalent, your “emotional support dog” is a want. Life typically finds us in less than ideal situations where we are not going to be able to have our pets, or bourbon, or blankys or whatever with us. Might as well start figuring out how to cope with it like people have done through out history.

Dartgod
01-10-2020, 11:43 AM
Life typically finds us in less than ideal situations where we are not going to be able to have our pets, or bourbon, or blankys or whatever with us. Might as well start figuring out how to cope with it like people have done through out history.

That's not how the world works anymore, sadly.

DaFace
01-10-2020, 11:49 AM
Out of everything you’ve said here, this is still ultimately what it boils down too. Our society seems to have a hard time knowing the difference between the two. And to compound that issue we believe we are entitled to what ever it is we deem we need. As previously stated there are instances where I understand and support emotional support dogs. But if you are not suffering from PTSD after returning from fighting a war or some other mentally and emotionally equivalent, your “emotional support dog” is a want. Life typically finds us in less than ideal situations where we are not going to be able to have our pets, or bourbon, or blankys or whatever with us. Might as well start figuring out how to cope with it like people have done through out history.

I just feel like you guys are using this article to justify some broad indictment on society.

So again, are you saying that the 49ers are a worse football team for having a dog around the locker room? That is the only fact here. Everything else is just you using this as a soapbox to gripe about "emotional support animals" in general, which isn't actually the situation here.

tyecopeland
01-10-2020, 11:50 AM
Might as well start figuring out how to cope with it like people have done through out history.

Or maybe we can evolve as a society and allow people to bring certain things with them that help them. You dont think cigarettes have been helping people cope at work for years? I'm pretty sure a dog is safer for most everybody than smoking.

Discuss Thrower
01-10-2020, 11:50 AM
I just feel like you guys are using this article to justify some broad indictment on society.

Their takes are justified without the article.

Kiimo
01-10-2020, 11:54 AM
Imagine being such an emotionally dead automaton that it angers you if someone brings their dog to work.

Dogs make any situation better, yes even airplanes. Dogs on planes > babies on planes. All day.

Carlota69
OMFG you guys actually arguing over dogs.you guys will fight over anything lol

Dogs rule. Period. Emotional Support dogs rule even more bc they are the best alternative to depression, suicide, anxiety etc..

And for the record, Im training my new dog to be a therapy dog to help people with cancer and deal with trauma bc my dog has the mojo it takes to do that.

and If the Chiefs wanted to borrow her before a game, Id happily let her hang with the boys o:-)

https://esadoctors.com/emotional-support-dog-owners-live-longer/

notorious
Yeah, I was in 2 major airports quite a bit this past weekend.

The amount of emotional support pets were eye-opening. It's usually some spoiled twat walking around with a pocket dog.

I don't mind them, I feel sorry for their owner.

Kiimo
01-10-2020, 11:55 AM
Yeah, I was in 2 major airports quite a bit this past weekend.

The amount of emotional support pets were eye-opening. It's usually some spoiled twat walking around with a pocket dog.

There definitely was at least one twat in that airport.

notorious
01-10-2020, 11:57 AM
There definitely was at least one twat in that airport.

You were in Las Vegas and Denver, too?

Kiimo
01-10-2020, 12:00 PM
3/10

Skyy God
01-10-2020, 12:32 PM

It's an employee's dog the players get to play with in their down time.

Only miserable cunts such as yourself see the harm.

Dartgod
01-10-2020, 12:49 PM

Only miserable ****s such as yourself see the harm.

LOL, Raiderhader is the least "miserable fuck" I know.

The faux outrage is hilarious though. Carry on...

Raiderhater
01-10-2020, 01:54 PM

Eh, I disagree. The world works the same as it always has. There will always be societal shifts to be sure. But in the end the world has always been and will always be a cruel place that doesn't give two shits about you me or anyone else. Try as we might, we cannot rewrite the laws of nature. And sooner or later everyone gets a dose of that reality. Some may be more insulated from it than others and therefore shrug it off afterwords but, at least once in all of our lives we look deep into the cold eyes of reality and bear witness to the sobering fact that, as far as the world is concerned, we are nothing.

It's not my intention to come across as pessimistic and gloomy here. I just live in reality, and reality is we have a generation or two that is in denial about how the world really works and what they need to do to survive in it. "I don't know how I can make it through the day at my stressful office job with out my precious Fluffy by my side to keep me calm!" Good grief. :shake:

ThaVirus
01-10-2020, 01:59 PM
Dogs rule.

And cats dr.... Well, cats are pretty cool too. Especially big cats.

Raiderhater
01-10-2020, 02:02 PM

And?

So again, are you saying that the 49ers are a worse football team for having a dog around the locker room?

That depends - if the pooch truly is an emotional support dog for the team then they will break down and never recover after the Chiefs go up on them 14-0 in the 1st quarter of the SB. If it is just a club house mascot type deal then they are a tough team that will put up a fight until we finally pull away from them some time in the 3rd.

That is the only fact here. Everything else is just you using this as a soapbox to gripe about "emotional support animals" in general, which isn't actually the situation here.

Oh FFS. My gripe is not with emotional support animals as is evidenced by my support of them in specific situations. I expect that kind of mischaracterization from some of the others around here, but frankly am surprised to see you engaging in it.

Raiderhater
01-10-2020, 02:03 PM

Only miserable cunts such as yourself see the harm.

Please feel free to continue to miss the point.

Naptown Chief
01-10-2020, 02:45 PM
OMFG you guys actually arguing over dogs.you guys will fight over anything lol

Dogs rule. Period. Emotional Support dogs rule even more bc they are the best alternative to depression, suicide, anxiety etc..

And for the record, Im training my new dog to be a therapy dog to help people with cancer and deal with trauma bc my dog has the mojo it takes to do that.

and If the Chiefs wanted to borrow her before a game, Id happily let her hang with the boys o:-)

https://esadoctors.com/emotional-support-dog-owners-live-longer/

That's awesome. I worked for a vet (6 years I think?) when I was in young. We had clients that trained for guiding eyes, police dogs, dogs for vets, and therapy dogs of all sorts. I loved it. I think it's awesome that there's people willing to do it. The tough part for me would be giving them up :(

And cats dr.... Well, cats are pretty cool too. Especially big cats.

Ah, cats. I LOVE cats. I always had them growing up but my first presa (male) was not cat friendly...at all, so that was the end of that. My female presa and my pit/x are both fine with them (Isabella is actually afraid of them LOL) but I'm content with just the pups for now.

tyecopeland
01-10-2020, 04:18 PM
Eh, I disagree. The world works the same as it always has. There will always be societal shifts to be sure. But in the end the world has always been and will always be a cruel place that doesn't give two shits about you me or anyone else. Try as we might, we cannot rewrite the laws of nature. And sooner or later everyone gets a dose of that reality. Some may be more insulated from it than others and therefore shrug it off afterwords but, at least once in all of our lives we look deep into the cold eyes of reality and bear witness to the sobering fact that, as far as the world is concerned, we are nothing.

It's not my intention to come across as pessimistic and gloomy here. I just live in reality, and reality is we have a generation or two that is in denial about how the world really works and what they need to do to survive in it. "I don't know how I can make it through the day at my stressful office job with out my precious Fluffy by my side to keep me calm!" Good grief. :shake:

Yeah because that is so much worse/different than a smoker. It's like you dont think people have been using methods to cope until recently....

Mennonite
01-10-2020, 04:20 PM
Yeah because that is so much worse/different than a smoker. It's like you dont think people have been using methods to cope until recently....

Are you implying the 49ers are addicted to pugs?

DaFace
01-10-2020, 04:25 PM
And?

That depends - if the pooch truly is an emotional support dog for the team then they will break down and never recover after the Chiefs go up on them 14-0 in the 1st quarter of the SB. If it is just a club house mascot type deal then they are a tough team that will put up a fight until we finally pull away from them some time in the 3rd.

Oh FFS. My gripe is not with emotional support animals as is evidenced by my support of them in specific situations. I expect that kind of mischaracterization from some of the others around here, but frankly am surprised to see you engaging in it.

I still just don't know what point you're trying to make. So having a dog around the locker room in practice is going to cause them to collapse in a pile of whimpering goo during a game? That's asinine.

Maybe I'm just in my own bubble out here in Colorado. Dogs are everywhere, including in offices. They're fun. They take some stress out of the day. I don't understand how anyone who isn't allergic to them would have any issue with it.

DaFace
01-10-2020, 04:30 PM
Denver airport has a program where volunteers bring their dogs out to just put some smiles on their faces (called CATS). I hope people don't suddenly burst into tears when they get on their planes.

https://www.flydenver.com/cats

DaFace
01-10-2020, 04:33 PM
Children's Hospital of Colorado has therapy dogs that go around to cheer kids up.

https://www.childrenscolorado.org/doctors-and-departments/departments/child-life/hospital-dog/

Hope they don't die because of their weak emotional state after meeting them.

Mennonite
01-10-2020, 04:34 PM
All I'm saying is that if you can't buy a loaf of bread from Piggly Wiggly without bringing a pocketbook full of chihuahuas with you the human race doesn't need you.

DaFace
01-10-2020, 04:34 PM
All I'm saying is that if you can't buy a loaf of bread from Piggly Wiggly without bringing a pocketbook full of chihuahuas with you the human race doesn't need you.

Which is fine, and I agree. But that has nothing to do with the 49ers letting a staffer bring their dog to the locker room.

tyecopeland
01-10-2020, 05:00 PM
Are you implying the 49ers are addicted to pugs?

Yes.

And saying that calling several generations pussies because they have to have coping mechanisms is ignoring all the 'tough' people in the 'good' generations that smoke to cope.

Or how about all the people that go home every night and get drunk or high? Are they not coping? Are they pussies too?

Raiderhater
01-10-2020, 05:07 PM

Outside of the most base level of coping I do not see a comparison. Stepping outside for a quick puff just doesn’t strike me as being on the same level as bringing your Collie to the office.

Dartgod
01-10-2020, 05:10 PM
Children's Hospital of Colorado has therapy dogs that go around to cheer kids up.

https://www.childrenscolorado.org/doctors-and-departments/departments/child-life/hospital-dog/

Hope they don't die because of their weak emotional state after meeting them.

You're kind of being a dick about this.

DaFace
01-10-2020, 05:13 PM
You're kind of being a dick about this.

No denial. I have no issue being a dick when people spout nonsense.

You still haven't answered whether you think the 49ers having a dog in the locker is harmful to their on-field performance, though.

tyecopeland
01-10-2020, 05:13 PM
Outside of the most base level of coping I do not see a comparison. Stepping outside for a quick puff just doesn’t strike me as being on the same level as bringing your Collie to the office.

Stepping outside for 5+ minutes every hour or so is the type of smokers I know. The people I know that have dogs with them at work interact with their dogs less than the people I know who smoke at work interact with their cigarettes. But whatever.

DaFace
01-10-2020, 05:15 PM

One his harmful to one's health and obnoxious to the people around them. The other harms no one and puts a smile on people's faces. So yeah, they're definitely not on the same level.

Dartgod
01-10-2020, 05:19 PM
No denial. I have no issue being a dick when people spout nonsense.

You still haven't answered whether you think the 49ers having a dog in the locker is harmful to their on-field performance, though.

Sorry, I didn't know you posed that question to me.

I wouldn't think it would.

DaFace
01-10-2020, 05:23 PM
Sorry, I didn't know you posed that question to me.

I wouldn't think it would.Fair enough. I'll step away from the thread now. :)

Pitt Gorilla
01-10-2020, 05:26 PM
Dogs kick ass. Period. If the players wanted it, WTF not?

Raiderhater
01-10-2020, 05:29 PM
I still just don't know what point you're trying to make. So having a dog around the locker room in practice is going to cause them to collapse in a pile of whimpering goo during a game? That's asinine.

What? No. Having the dog around is not the problem. You keep focusing on the dog aspect instead of the human aspect. I DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH DOGS! The potential problem lies in the reasoning for having the dog around. If a team of grown men, professionals, require an emotional crutch to help them get through the day then they probably are not mentally strong enough to accomplish the ultimate goal. They will crack at some point.

And if that is not the case at all then blame the journalist for piss poor reporting. All I have done here is respond to what was reported.

Maybe I'm just in my own bubble out here in Colorado. Dogs are everywhere, including in offices. They're fun. They take some stress out of the day. I don't understand how anyone who isn't allergic to them would have any issue with it.

I guess aside from the already stated reason of its a job, stress is part of the equation, deal with it, I personally find it to be unprofessional. In most cases. I mean if your job is animal/pet oriented I can see it. But in most cases I view pet time as personal time. If I am able to find ways to have fun with my work great! But that is not why I am there. To me a job is about paying the bills and being able to afford the things I want, like pets. I am there to work, to make money for my employer and myself. In my eyes it’s about the same as an extended personal call while on the clock. But that’s me.

Raiderhater
01-10-2020, 05:36 PM
One his harmful to one's health...

That is their choice.

...and obnoxious to the people around them.

That is pretty much an outdated argument at this point. If you are subjected to smoking it’s because you chose to go outside and stand in the smoker’s area. In which case, I have no pity for you.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-10-2020, 05:57 PM
I think we can all agree that dogs as fashion accessories is ridiculous.

However, what's wrong with having a pooch around the work environment? She's not going to get sucked into a wood lathe and it's not a clean room, so why complain about this? Dogs increase most people's happiness and decrease stress levels. Why not have a happier workplace?

Who suffers here?

KCChiefsFan88
01-10-2020, 06:10 PM
I feel like I need an emotional support dog reading through this thread, JFC.

MahiMike
01-10-2020, 06:16 PM
America needs more dogs. They kick ass.

Skyy God
01-10-2020, 07:32 PM
What? No. Having the dog around is not the problem. You keep focusing on the dog aspect instead of the human aspect. I DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH DOGS! The potential problem lies in the reasoning for having the dog around. If a team of grown men, professionals, require an emotional crutch to help them get through the day then they probably are not mentally strong enough to accomplish the ultimate goal. They will crack at some point.

And if that is not the case at all then blame the journalist for piss poor reporting. All I have done here is respond to what was reported.

I guess aside from the already stated reason of its a job, stress is part of the equation, deal with it, I personally find it to be unprofessional. In most cases. I mean if your job is animal/pet oriented I can see it. But in most cases I view pet time as personal time. If I am able to find ways to have fun with my work great! But that is not why I am there. To me a job is about paying the bills and being able to afford the things I want, like pets. I am there to work, to make money for my employer and myself. In my eyes it’s about the same as an extended personal call while on the clock. But that’s me.

They don’t NEED the dog around, they just want a dog around.

You’re retarded.

chiefzilla1501
01-10-2020, 09:16 PM

You’re retarded.

Imagine getting this worked up over a dog... being around.

I've never heard of a man becoming less tough or tackle less physically because he petted a dog. Mahomes owns TWO dogs. He must be twice as soft.

mr. tegu
01-10-2020, 10:25 PM
Denver airport has a program where volunteers bring their dogs out to just put some smiles on their faces (called CATS). I hope people don't suddenly burst into tears when they get on their planes.

https://www.flydenver.com/cats

Why are the dogs so happy to be going to the airport?

KS Smitty
01-10-2020, 10:33 PM

You’re retarded.

I think this is the point he was trying to make, it's not an emotional support dog if they don't NEED it.

This is much like people calling their pet a service dog so they can take it with them everywhere, they don't NEED the dog around they just want the dog around.

And FTR, there are some scoundrels out there that have no use for dogs and don't care to be around them.

staylor26
01-10-2020, 10:51 PM
I’d probably fall for them and try to get ownership in contract negotiations

Rain Man
01-10-2020, 11:27 PM
Why are the dogs so happy to be going to the airport?

Maybe they're expecting to stick their heads out the window of a 737 in flight.

chiefzilla1501
01-10-2020, 11:57 PM
I think this is the point he was trying to make, it's not an emotional support dog if they don't NEED it.

This is much like people calling their pet a service dog so they can take it with them everywhere, they don't NEED the dog around they just want the dog around.

And FTR, there are some scoundrels out there that have no use for dogs and don't care to be around them.

First, you're giving Raiderhader too much credit. He actually believes having that dog in the locker room makes the players weak.

But more to your point, my understanding is the reason the dog was there in the first place was at the request of a player who said the dog helped him cope with depression after his sisters suicide. So the term isn't inaccurate. I dont know if it helps but with mental health becoming a growing issue in the NFL, what's the harm if it's causing no harm

Raiderhater
01-11-2020, 12:20 AM
First, you're giving Raiderhader too much credit. He actually believes having that dog in the locker room makes the players weak.

But more to your point, my understanding is the reason the dog was there in the first place was at the request of a player who said the dog helped him cope with depression after his sisters suicide. So the term isn't inaccurate. I dont know if it helps but with mental health becoming a growing issue in the NFL, what's the harm if it's causing no harm

That’s what I actually believe? Interesting.

You dumb fucks need to work on you’re reading and comprehension and stop mischaracterizing my position.

chiefzilla1501
01-11-2020, 03:04 AM
That’s what I actually believe? Interesting.

You dumb ****s need to work on you’re reading and comprehension and stop mischaracterizing my position.

"If a team of grown men, professionals, require an emotional crutch to help them get through the day then they probably are not mentally strong enough to accomplish the ultimate goal. They will crack at some point." Your words, not mine.

If it's not what you meant then it was badly worded. Mental health is a huge issue in sports and lots of superstars are relying HEAVILY on emotional crutches. You think tons of players aren't seeing shrinks and therapists? Why is getting comfort from a dog after a tough day much different? And if lots of players are going through big stuff (see Kevin Love, Ken Griffey Jr., or that 49ers guy who had a dog help him get through his sister's suicide) then why is it so hard to believe that dogs can't help get through that stuff? And why should there be a stigma around that?

Raiderhater
01-11-2020, 07:20 AM
"If a team of grown men, professionals, require an emotional crutch to help them get through the day then they probably are not mentally strong enough to accomplish the ultimate goal. They will crack at some point." Your words, not mine.

How on earth do you get that the presence of the dog is the cause of the weakness from that? The dog does not cause the weakness and I have not come any where close to suggesting that. But that is how you state my position. It was not badly worded, it was badly read.

If it's not what you meant then it was badly worded. Mental health is a huge issue in sports and lots of superstars are relying HEAVILY on emotional crutches. You think tons of players aren't seeing shrinks and therapists? Why is getting comfort from a dog after a tough day much different? And if lots of players are going through big stuff (see Kevin Love, Ken Griffey Jr., or that 49ers guy who had a dog help him get through his sister's suicide) then why is it so hard to believe that dogs can't help get through that stuff? And why should there be a stigma around that?

At the end of the day? You mean like when you go home? Where have I had an issue with that? My issue has been THROUGHOUT the day, ON THE JOB. If the thought of you’re buddy waiting for you at the door when you walk in, tail wagging, anxiously awaiting your companionship, is not a goal you can have to help you make it through your day, then there is a self control problem there.

stevieray
01-11-2020, 07:26 AM
this thread...SMDH.

muh emotions

ThyKingdomCome15
01-11-2020, 07:31 AM
SF 40 Pussies

Mennonite
01-11-2020, 07:34 AM
/somebody* posts video of dude with a diaper fetish

Raiderhader: what a weirdo

Chiefsplanet: WHY DO YOU HATE BABIES?!!

You guys could have spent your time in this thread bagging on the Niners, or posting funny dog videos. Instead we ended up with this dumb shit.

* "somebody" would be PB, obviously.

KCUnited
01-11-2020, 07:34 AM
For a few years my home office looked down on a dog daycare. They had an outdoor obstacle course for them to run around. It was definitely a pick-me-up to be able to look out the windows and watch a bunch of dogs doing dog things. I think it could be a smart business idea to create workplace dog daycares that are viewable to the work force and offer it as a benefit. Unfortunately most dog daycares I've been around can smell terrible.

Raiderhater
01-11-2020, 07:36 AM
/somebody* posts video of dude with a diaper fetish

Raiderhader: what a weirdo

Chiefsplanet: WHY DO YOU HATE BABIES?!!

* "somebody" would be PB, obviously.

LMAO That about sums it up.

chiefzilla1501
01-11-2020, 08:44 AM
How on earth do you get that the presence of the dog is the cause of the weakness from that? The dog does not cause the weakness and I have not come any where close to suggesting that. But that is how you state my position. It was not badly worded, it was badly read.

At the end of the day? You mean like when you go home? Where have I had an issue with that? My issue has been THROUGHOUT the day, ON THE JOB. If the thought of you’re buddy waiting for you at the door when you walk in, tail wagging, anxiously awaiting your companionship, is not a goal you can have to help you make it through your day, then there is a self control problem there.

You're suggesting that no athlete should rely on emotional crutches throughout the workday. If they do, they are weak. As if these men aren't often relying on coaches, staffers, counselors, shrinks throughout the day as "emotional support." They probably don't rely on them enough. Because they'll be viewed as weak or they're afraid of getting cut. Read Kevin Love's story about the anxiety attack he had on the court. Depression and anxiety are common in pro sports and there's no reason to not try things to help out. The worst thing you can do is ignore it or criticize it. And dogs have been proven to help with these kinds of things. This is a sport where players have to deal with performance anxiety, painful treatments, off-the-field shit. The reason the dog is there in the first place is because a staffer saw how much a dog being at the facility lifted the spirits of a player dealing with depression coping from his sister committing suicide.

Raiderhater
01-11-2020, 09:02 AM
You're suggesting that no athlete should rely on emotional crutches throughout the workday. If they do, they are weak. As if these men aren't often relying on coaches, staffers, counselors, shrinks throughout the day as "emotional support." They probably don't rely on them enough. Because they'll be viewed as weak or they're afraid of getting cut. Read Kevin Love's story about the anxiety attack he had on the court. Depression and anxiety are common in pro sports and there's no reason to not try things to help out. The worst thing you can do is ignore it or criticize it. And dogs have been proven to help with these kinds of things. This is a sport where players have to deal with performance anxiety, painful treatments, off-the-field shit. The reason the dog is there in the first place is because a staffer saw how much a dog being at the facility lifted the spirits of a player dealing with depression coping from his sister committing suicide.

No I am not. I’m suggesting a TEAM, a group of people, that requires that additional all day crutch of a pet is not one that is capable of sustainable success.

I do not understand why so many are having such a hard time understanding this. And I don’t even mean agreeing with it, just having a clear understanding of what I am actually saying. I know I can’t be articulating my position that poorly.

It’s an unpopular opinion obviously and causing some of you short circuit I guess. But it’ll be alright. Just go pet your furry friends and you’ll be able to make it through this.

tyecopeland
01-11-2020, 09:30 AM
No I am not. I’m suggesting a TEAM, a group of people, that requires that additional all day crutch of a pet is not one that is capable of sustainable success.

I do not understand why so many are having such a hard time understanding this. And I don’t even mean agreeing with it, just having a clear understanding of what I am actually saying. I know I can’t be articulating my position that poorly.

It’s an unpopular opinion obviously and causing some of you short circuit I guess. But it’ll be alright. Just go pet your furry friends and you’ll be able to make it through this.

So you are saying that you believe that the 49ers players players as a collective group went to coaches and ownership and said as a collective unit, we are going to suck if we dont get a dog as emotional support.

Is that closer?

tyecopeland
01-11-2020, 09:33 AM
Somewhere on cp is a workout thread where people were talking about how working out saved them when they were at their lowest points emotionally. And there were suggestions for other posters to start a workout regime to help them cope with their depression.

Why dont you go in that thread and tell them that their want to cope with their issues by working out makes them pussies and they need to just learn to deal with their shit.

wazu
01-11-2020, 09:35 AM
Can the Chiefs replace their basketball court with an emotional support dog? I would be in favor of that.

RealSNR
01-11-2020, 09:45 AM
I feel like I need an emotional support dog reading through this thread, JFC.

Damn, I wanted to make this joke :(

Now I need to go to the animal shelter and play with the dogs

stevieray
01-11-2020, 09:50 AM
Somewhere on cp is a workout thread where people were talking about how working out saved them when they were at their lowest points emotionally. And there were suggestions for other posters to start a workout regime to help them cope with their depression.

Why dont you go in that thread and tell them that their want to cope with their issues by working out makes them pussies and they need to just learn to deal with their shit.

That's relying on yourself.

Apples and oranges.

Raiderhater
01-11-2020, 09:57 AM
So you are saying that you believe that the 49ers players players as a collective group went to coaches and ownership and said as a collective unit, we are going to suck if we dont get a dog as emotional support.

Is that closer?

There are a bunch of illiterate dum dums in this thread. How the fuck do you get that from anything I have said?

Raiderhater
01-11-2020, 10:05 AM

I just don’t even have the words...

wazu
01-11-2020, 10:08 AM
I just don’t even have the words...

Please find some and actually go do that because it sounds entertaining.

Raiderhater
01-11-2020, 10:13 AM
Please find some and actually go do that because it sounds entertaining.

No.

tyecopeland
01-11-2020, 10:13 AM
There are a bunch of illiterate dum dums in this thread. How the fuck do you get that from anything I have said?

Your very first post. In which you asked how a team that needs an emotional support dog ended up as the number one seed.

Raiderhater
01-11-2020, 10:21 AM
Your very first post. In which you asked how a team that needs an emotional support dog ended up as the number one seed.

Really? I said that the players went to the team and said they needed the dog to win?

I think you need to reread what I said and then reread what you said I said.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HbvYeLxMKN8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

tyecopeland
01-11-2020, 10:40 AM
We've gone around in enough circles for one conversation.

Mennonite
01-11-2020, 10:43 AM
We've gone around in enough circles for one conversation.

Just trying to find the perfect spot to lay down.