PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Everything We've Been Through Has Led to this Moment

BigRedChief
01-11-2020, 03:56 AM
Some of us have waited for 50 years to win a SB. All the bad coaches, QB's and teams. The gut wrenching losses in the playoffs. The weird "because Chiefs" inexplicable moments have all led us to this point in Chiefs history.

Right now, in the playoffs, this year, we have the best overall Chiefs football team ever assembled. In this golden era of Chiefs football we fans have arrived at our fan salvation. Our moment to win a Super Bowl.

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QtOAtfKSjv8" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen="" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>

SuperBowl4
01-11-2020, 04:04 AM
:arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow: GO CHIEFS! :arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow:

threebag
01-11-2020, 06:24 AM
I think one of the worst was the Derrick Johnson “forward progress” fumble against the Titans... That was pure bullshit.

Then you have Twinkle Toe Bowe who can’t plant two feet for shit

Maybe the absolute worse is Marty sitting Gannon when Grbac came back from injury.

Grandpa Bob letting the Patriots film signs before the shootout

So many stars aligned against us bullshit.

This is the one we’ve been waiting for.

GO CHIEFS!!!

ThyKingdomCome15
01-11-2020, 06:50 AM
Playoffs? This is a SUPER BOWL mentality.

scho63
01-11-2020, 06:53 AM
I'm so eager and ready to finally get back to the promised land. Since the SB IV win, it's been a shit show of epic fail. Close but no cigar.

We are due and have the talent to match.

AussieChiefsFan
01-11-2020, 07:07 AM
Feelin' like the golden year. Been getting closer to the promised land each year despite so many heartbreaks. About time to get that bread

493rd
01-11-2020, 07:15 AM
I still can’t shake the haunting memories from the past. Until it actually happens and we’re hoisting that Lombardi, I’ll always have “Because Chiefs” in my head. A SB win changes everything.

oldman
01-11-2020, 07:20 AM
I still can’t shake the haunting memories from the past. Until it actually happens and we’re hoisting that Lombardi, I’ll always have “Because Chiefs” in my head. A SB win changes everything.

This. All I have to say is Christmas Day, 1971.

rabblerouser
01-11-2020, 08:12 AM
Maybe the absolute worse is Marty sitting Gannon when Grbac came back from injury.

Pretty sure that was Carl who dictated that.

BigRedChief
01-11-2020, 08:41 AM
I'm so eager and ready to finally get back to the promised land. Since the SB IV win, it's been a shit show of epic fail. Close but no cigar.

We are due and have the talent to match.If Montana doesn't get that concussion in Buffalo, we win the Super Bowl that year. We had a great defense but the offense wasn't top of the league despite having Montana and Allen. Ford doesn't line up off sides were in the SB and beat the Rams.

This years defense is a top 10 defense since week . Offense is the 3rd ranked. Thats going to get us to the promised land.

Eleazar
01-11-2020, 08:43 AM
That moment would be like 4 weeks from tomorrow not now. We've been to this moment many, many times

Bowser
01-11-2020, 09:01 AM
Faustian Bargains only have 50 year shelf lives, right?

Right?

wazu
01-11-2020, 09:03 AM
That moment would be like 4 weeks from tomorrow not now. We've been to this moment many, many times

Feels like every year since I was born. That said, we have Mahomes now. It's a new world.

Bowser
01-11-2020, 09:07 AM
If Montana doesn't get that concussion in Buffalo, we win the Super Bowl that year. We had a great defense but the offense wasn't top of the league despite having Montana and Allen. Ford doesn't line up off sides were in the SB and beat the Rams.

This years defense is a top 10 defense since week . Offense is the 3rd ranked. Thats going to get us to the promised land.

Charles Mincy dropped a gimme walk in pick 6 early in that game. Kimble Anders dropped a sure touchdown pass from Montana. Montana's concussion. Marty's dipshit idea to start Pellom McDaniels over Derrick Thomas (and not change course when it clearly wasn't working). Just a perfect storm of fuckery.

It's truly incredible the things that have happened to this team over the years in the playoffs. It's nearly incomprehensible the sheer number of fantastical events that have kept us from advancing. We should have been in three or four Super Bowls based on nothing else than averages, FFS.

We are due.

threebag
01-11-2020, 09:09 AM
WE ARE DUE!!!

BigRedChief
01-11-2020, 09:11 AM
We are due.Our fan dues are fully paid. We have supported and sold out Arrowhead even with really bad teams. We have the passionate fan base. We should be the publics choice in the Super Bowl. 50 years? I'm going to cheer for them.

Kman34
01-11-2020, 09:15 AM
Cool video.. I’m just ready to get on with this game against the Texans and then take it one step at a time..

Chief Pote
01-11-2020, 09:15 AM
Alright, alright you guys are dredging up so much of the past, just stop it.

I have waited 50 long years for this season and we are all gonna enjoy the ride. This is where they earn the name Kansas City "FUCKIN" Chiefs.

Eleazar
01-11-2020, 09:17 AM
https://i.imgur.com/RooJTPv.jpg

mdchiefsfan
01-11-2020, 09:20 AM
This year is different. With Cassel and Smith, you knew we were going through the motions and would require significant luck to progress through the tournament at all.

I have since gone from nervous to anxious when playoffs arrive. The line between those two feelings are razor thin, but expectations are what make the difference between them.

I am pumped up to see how this plays out.

suzzer99
01-11-2020, 09:39 AM
https://i.imgur.com/x8sqerb.png

ROYC75
01-11-2020, 09:44 AM
We won 4 to start with. Then we went though a 2 - 4 stretch from poor play and injuries. Then we get to the Chargers game in Mexico City. My brother is not doing well so I leave to go to Kansas City to visit with him, spend a week with him knowing that would be the last time I saw him.

We got to talk a lot about all the past Chiefs teams. He looked at me and said they need to wake the **** up,we're going to win the Superbowl this year and this ain't the way to do it. ( losing, 2-4 stretch ).

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=14602632&postcount=29

He then told me that he wasn't going to get to watch it on this side of the earth. I told him he was going to live long enough to watch it. He told me me that I was full of shit, he wasn't going to be here to see it.

He passed away yesterday, age 60, the same age my wife was when she passed away. One of the things she wanted to see was myself and our boys watch a Chiefs Super Bowl win.

This is going to be the year we get over the hump, its our year.

RIP Michael, it time to round up all of the past Chiefs fans in heaven and watch our team, Go Chiefs!

Imon Yourside
01-11-2020, 09:47 AM
Charles Mincy dropped a gimme walk in pick 6 early in that game. Kimble Anders dropped a sure touchdown pass from Montana. Montana's concussion. Marty's dipshit idea to start Pellom McDaniels over Derrick Thomas (and not change course when it clearly wasn't working). Just a perfect storm of ****ery.

It's truly incredible the things that have happened to this team over the years in the playoffs. It's nearly incomprehensible the sheer number of fantastical events that have kept us from advancing. We should have been in three or four Super Bowls based on nothing else than averages, FFS.

We are due.

Didn't Anders drop a TD pass at the goal line that was up in the air then intercepted right before half?

Spott
01-11-2020, 09:53 AM
Didn't Anders drop a TD pass at the goal line that was up in the air then intercepted right before half?

Yes.

notorious
01-11-2020, 09:54 AM

Baby Yoda can be the Superbowl trophy in an anti-gravity egg.

crayzkirk
01-11-2020, 10:37 AM
One step at a time. My Chiefs PTSD hasn't really started to kick in; I know it will tomorrow as we get close to game time. As disheartening as all of the past losses have been, I am keeping this in perspective. I can't even imagine what it would be like to be a Browns, Jets, Bills, Chargers, etc fan. Or the fans of teams that pack up and move in the middle of the night.

I'm lucky to have the Chiefs to cheer for.

Imon Yourside
01-11-2020, 10:38 AM
Yes.

Having just rewatched parts of that game, Chiefs Offense was horrible and the defense wasn't much better. That team couldn't hold a candle to this years team.

scho63
01-11-2020, 10:40 AM
I think one of the worst was the Derrick Johnson “forward progress” fumble against the Titans... That was pure bullshit.

Then you have Twinkle Toe Bowe who can’t plant two feet for shit

Grandpa Bob letting the Patriots film signs before the shootout

So many stars aligned against us bullshit.

This is the one we’ve been waiting for.

GO CHIEFS!!!

Jan Stenerud 3 misses in the Longest Game in NFL History on Christmas Day

The Kicker Who Shall Remain Nameless 3 short misses

The Only No-Punt Game Playoff Game in NFL History

Montana seeing Stars in his head knocked out in Buffalo in the AFCCG

Blowing a 28 point lead in the 3rd Quarter of a playoff game

13-3 one and done's

The list is littered with major fails of our Chief's painful past :deevee:

scho63
01-11-2020, 10:41 AM
One step at a time. My Chiefs PTSD hasn't really started to kick in; I know it will tomorrow as we get close to game time. As disheartening as all of the past losses have been, I am keeping this in perspective. I can't even imagine what it would be like to be a Browns, Jets, Bills, Chargers, etc fan. Or the fans of teams that pack up and move in the middle of the night.

I'm lucky to have the Chiefs to cheer for.

The difference being those teams rarely make the playoffs......

crayzkirk
01-11-2020, 10:44 AM
The difference being those teams rarely make the playoffs......

Exactly... the thrill of victory or the agony of defeat. Both are better than the depression of mediocrity.

Bearcat
01-11-2020, 12:08 PM
It wouldn't be CP without prematurely going all in on the hype train, heh.

It's a great time to be a fan... it would be a travesty not to see Chiefs vs Ravens next weekend, and being in and knowing they'll compete in those types of games for years to come is about the most a fan can ask for.

ChiefEd
01-11-2020, 12:21 PM
It wouldn't be CP without prematurely going all in on the hype train, heh.

It's a great time to be a fan... it would be a travesty not to see Chiefs vs Ravens next weekend, and being in and knowing they'll compete in those types of games for years to come is about the most a fan can ask for.

Yes, but... Watching Mahomes hoist the Lombardi (at least once) wouldn’t suck either...

Bearcat
01-11-2020, 12:34 PM
Yes, but... Watching Mahomes hoist the Lombardi (at least once) wouldn’t suck either...

I'd be fine with that. LMAO

Megatron96
01-11-2020, 01:06 PM
We have a top-5 offense combined with a top-10 defense. The best offensive mind, and maybe the best DC in the league.

To top it off, we have the most talented QB in the NFL.

When have we ever had all of that?

I know most think I'm an irascible homer, but I believe that this is finally the year, in spite of all the injuries and the obvious holes in our defense.

And even if it's not this year for some reason, Veach will address our issues during the offseason on the OL, and at LB, get us some quality depth at CB, and it will practically be a given that we find ourselves in a Super Bowl in the next two years. So I'm not worried about rings.

So for the first time in my Chiefs fandom, I'm not worried. We are inevitable.

scho63
01-11-2020, 01:09 PM
Damn man! I didn't expect to shed a tear in this thread but shit dude that is just a Hollywood tearjerker script right there.

Prayers to you and may you be able to see a Chiefs SB victory in our lifetime. :deevee:

ItWe won 4 to start with. Then we went though a 2 - 4 stretch from poor play and injuries. Then we get to the Chargers game in Mexico City. My brother is not doing well so I leave to go to Kansas City to visit with him, spend a week with him knowing that would be the last time I saw him.

We got to talk a lot about all the past Chiefs teams. He looked at me and said they need to wake the **** up,we're going to win the Superbowl this year and this ain't the way to do it. ( losing, 2-4 stretch ).

He then told me that he wasn't going to get to watch it on this side of the earth. I told him he was going to live long enough to watch it. He told me me that I was full of shit, he wasn't going to be here to see it.

He passed away yesterday, age 60, the same age my wife was when she passed away. One of the things she wanted to see was myself and our boys watch a Chiefs Super Bowl win.

RIP Michael, it time to round up all of the past Chiefs fans in heaven and watch our team, Go Chiefs!

493rd
01-11-2020, 01:21 PM
Well, we’re gonna find out what this defense is real quick minus Thornhill and possibly Chris Jones. Let’s not forget that we have an offense capable of putting 50 on the scoreboard. So if the defense isn’t playing well, Andy better unleash some shit and not overthink things.

KCChiefsFan88
01-11-2020, 01:35 PM
We have a top-5 offense combined with a top-10 defense. The best offensive mind, and maybe the best DC in the league.

To top it off, we have the most talented QB in the NFL.

When have we ever had all of that?

I know most think I'm an irascible homer, but I believe that this is finally the year, in spite of all the injuries and the obvious holes in our defense.

And even if it's not this year for some reason, Veach will address our issues during the offseason on the OL, and at LB, get us some quality depth at CB, and it will practically be a given that we find ourselves in a Super Bowl in the next two years. So I'm not worried about rings.

So for the first time in my Chiefs fandom, I'm not worried. We are inevitable.

https://static.clubs.nfl.com/image/private/t_new_photo_album_2x/f_auto/chiefs/zrf9aydcdakstyvsaj83.jpg

Pointer19
01-11-2020, 05:15 PM
I know I'm a relatively new fan compared to some people here, but sheesh. I teared up a little bit at some of the videos in that playlist.

cabletech94
01-11-2020, 05:29 PM
https://static.clubs.nfl.com/image/private/t_new_photo_album_2x/f_auto/chiefs/zrf9aydcdakstyvsaj83.jpg

<3<3<3<3<3<3

MahiMike
01-11-2020, 05:41 PM

We won 4 to start with. Then we went though a 2 - 4 stretch from poor play and injuries. Then we get to the Chargers game in Mexico City. My brother is not doing well so I leave to go to Kansas City to visit with him, spend a week with him knowing that would be the last time I saw him.

Sorry to hear that man. Condolences.

MAG
01-11-2020, 05:44 PM

This. I'm going in with very low expectations.

Flying High D
01-11-2020, 06:05 PM
Let dynasty start and watch the roaches jump on the wagon.

PACHIEFSFAN
01-11-2020, 06:07 PM
My dad was in the Army and got stationed at Ft. Leavenworth in 1961. Soon there after along came Lamar Hunt with a startup team from Texas. A lot of hoopla about the naming of the Chiefs. As an 11 year old I was excited about professional football and the Kansas City Chiefs. Through my work career I moved, starting in 1989, to Indiana, Texas, Colorado and now to Pennsylvania, which is my final home. Through all the moves I have ALWAYS been a Kansas City Chiefs Fan. After their Super Bowl IV win, I went to KCI to cheer our returning "Super Chiefs". Through all the terrible team, all the promising let down through the years, I have never, not for 1 second, turned my back on the Chiefs! With all that said, I think this has got to be the strongest Chiefs team at this time. We have the best QB in KC history! It is their/our time!

keg in kc
01-11-2020, 06:16 PM
The Chiefs are so clearly the better team in every conceivable way that it's nigh on impossible to envision them losing....

And then I remember that this is a franchise that loves to get your hopes up, trip you up, slam you face first into the sidewalk, squat down, roll you over, piss in the open wound, shake its head and laugh at you, and then skip off, singing 'see you next year, suckers!'

A loss tomorrow would be maybe the most devastating. And that would be so very Chiefs.

I don't know what the fuck I'll do it they choke.

BigRedChief
01-11-2020, 06:21 PM

RIP Michael, it time to round up all of the past Chiefs fans in heaven and watch our team, Go Chiefs!sorry about your brother. He will beside you in spirit as we win it all this year.

Chris Meck
01-11-2020, 06:22 PM
WE'RE GOING TO WIN THIS MOTHERFUCKER.

Coochie liquor
01-11-2020, 06:26 PM
Fuck the Broncos
Fuck the Ravens
Fuck the Titans
Fuck the Stoolers
Fuck the Broncos
Fuck the Colts
Fuck the Patriots
Fuck Dolphins (except for this year)
Fuck the Bills
Fuck the Broncos
Fuck Dee Ford
Fuck Bob Sutton
Fuck Andrew Luck
Fuck the Broncos
Fuck Mariota
Fuck Peyton Manning
Fuck the kicker who should not be named
Fuck running into a sack
Fuck the Broncos
Fuck John Failway
Fuck the whole past that we’ve endured.

This is our fucking year and the only team that can beat this Chiefs team doesn’t have anything to do with the past failures of the team, the coaches, some bullshit curse. NOTHING!! We will taste the sweet nectar of the gods just as sure as Gwyneth Paltrow will sell vagina scented candles. We have walked through the depths of Hell to get to this point. And now is the payoff!

Go Chiefs!!

BigRedChief
01-11-2020, 07:01 PM
WE'RE GOING TO WIN THIS MOTHER****ER.THIS!:thumb:

BigRedChief
01-11-2020, 07:02 PM
**** the Broncos
**** the Ravens
**** the Titans
**** the Stoolers
**** the Broncos
**** the Colts
**** the Patriots
**** Dolphins (except for this year)
**** the Bills
**** the Broncos
**** Dee Ford
**** Bob Sutton
**** Andrew Luck
**** the Broncos
**** Mariota
**** Peyton Manning
**** the kicker who should not be named
**** running into a sack
**** the Broncos
**** John Failway
**** the whole past that we’ve endured.

This is our ****ing year and the only team that can beat this Chiefs team doesn’t have anything to do with the past failures of the team, the coaches, some bullshit curse. NOTHING!! We will taste the sweet nectar of the gods just as sure as Gwyneth Paltrow will sell vagina scented candles. We have walked through the depths of Hell to get to this point. And now is the payoff!

Go Chiefs!!you coming to watch the game with everyone tomorrow?

Megatron96
01-11-2020, 07:09 PM
**** the Broncos
**** the Ravens
**** the Titans
**** the Stoolers
**** the Broncos
**** the Colts
**** the Patriots
**** Dolphins (except for this year)
**** the Bills
**** the Broncos
**** Dee Ford
**** Bob Sutton
**** Andrew Luck
**** the Broncos
**** Mariota
**** Peyton Manning
**** the kicker who should not be named
**** running into a sack
**** the Broncos
**** John Failway
**** the whole past that we’ve endured.

This is our ****ing year and the only team that can beat this Chiefs team doesn’t have anything to do with the past failures of the team, the coaches, some bullshit curse. NOTHING!! We will taste the sweet nectar of the gods just as sure as Gwyneth Paltrow will sell vagina scented candles. We have walked through the depths of Hell to get to this point. And now is the payoff!

Go Chiefs!!

You had me at "Gwyneth Paltrow's vagina-scented candles."

BigRedChief
01-11-2020, 10:33 PM
Destiny mother fuckers!

PattyFlakes
01-11-2020, 10:38 PM
Well I guess there’s only one thing left to do. Win the whole fucking thing.

RetiredSeniorChief
01-11-2020, 10:43 PM
A 4 seed, followed by 6 seed, followed by a Dee Ford and a Garoppoloser in SB LIV . Can not ask for a better setup.

Mahomes_Is_God
01-11-2020, 10:49 PM
If the Chiefs win tomorrow I'm buying a Gwyneth Paltrow vagina candle! YESSSSSSSS

Coochie liquor
01-12-2020, 05:02 AM
you coming to watch the game with everyone tomorrow?

Man I want to soooooo fucking bad. Unfortunately I’ll be working until close to game time.

chiefzilla1501
01-12-2020, 05:11 AM
Talk about a redemption story.

We thought the season was over a few games into the season.

We didn't think we'd get homefield advantage. But here we are.

Even the biggest Eagles & Chiefs haters are rooting for Andy Reid. How can you root against the guy at this point?

What better way for Mahomes to win his first Super Bowl than a year where he battled through extreme adversity in a season he thought was over for him.

We can win the Super Bowl by beating all the teams who beat us in the regular season.

Green Bay - KC Super Bowl would be the NFL's dream. What better way to celebrate NFL 100 than with a matchup with so much history behind it.

Chris Meck
01-12-2020, 09:48 AM
No matter what happens, you cannot argue that this season has been Andy Reid's best coaching job.

He took a guy that was coaching high school football and went 2-1 with him. 1-1 against play-off teams.

He weathered all of those injuries, got the replacements ready to play, and won 12 games with them.

Won games with Cam fucking Erving at Left Tackle.

Big Red, this is your year.

Megatron96
01-12-2020, 12:21 PM
This Chiefs season feels a lot like the Blues miracle season last year. I have the same feelings of hope and destiny that I did back in May. This clip with Kelly Chase summed it up for me as the Blues began their playoff run. Mayhap it inspires others.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ngXEXk_ho98" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Broncofan69
01-12-2020, 02:59 PM
Funny! Lol

Broncofan69
01-12-2020, 03:00 PM
Hilarious!

Lolchefs
01-12-2020, 03:04 PM
Lmao

The methwest on suicide watch

Hope Reek is ok though. His kid isn’t going to beat himself

Otter
01-12-2020, 03:04 PM
Does BigFlusterdQueef still wonder why people hate him?

TomBarndtsTwin
01-12-2020, 03:23 PM
Lmao

The methwest on suicide watch

Hope Reek is ok though. His kid isn’t going to beat himself

Houston area on suicide watch now???

scho63
01-12-2020, 06:10 PM
Houston area on suicide watch now???

They are calling into Baltimore right now to figure out what to do! :LOL: