PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs A formal apology to CP and to the CHIEFS!

Three7s
01-12-2020, 05:54 PM
I'm going to be honest here. Myself and several other CPers in the GDT thought this game was over after the 1st quarter. The Chiefs were completely flat and got punched in the mouth in the absolute worst way possible. I knew the Chiefs had the talent to win, but had no idea if they'd wake up in time to make it happen, which is eerily similar to so many other horrific losses this franchise has faced.

They woke up, and boy when they did, it was like a monsoon. Hardman was the spark on that big return, Mahomes did Mahomes things, and Kelce was uncoverable. A huge special teams TO and some brain farts by BoB going for it on 4th and that's all the Chiefs needed to, not only, get back into the game, but run away with it.

I wasn't sure if this team could handle getting behind this far early because it's never really happened to them that much, but boy, they sure did, and I was dead wrong about thinking this team was finished, and for that, I apologize. That playoff PTSD is serious business, but I hope this will finish it off for good.

Going against Henry and the Titans won't be an easy task, and I sure hope they don't get behind like they did today, but the Chiefs are truly never out of a game as long as Mahomes is under center. Bring on the Titans and bring on the SB!

Pitt Gorilla
01-12-2020, 05:55 PM
Not sure why ANYONE would EVER doubt Mahomes. Makes zero sense to me.

FAX
01-12-2020, 05:55 PM
Unforgiven.

But thanks for the effort.

FAX THE STRICT

Trivers
01-12-2020, 05:56 PM
Class! Apology accepted!

Ignore FAX. He's tough on the outside, but a softy on the inside. :)

CasselGotPeedOn
01-12-2020, 05:56 PM
https://media3.giphy.com/media/qiDb8McXyj6Eg/giphy.gif

Molitoth
01-12-2020, 05:57 PM
With the franchise history, there is no need for anyone's apology.

This team was a shitshow during the 1st quarter.

Luckily Mahomes was an absolute beast.

Rasputin
01-12-2020, 05:57 PM
Not me I didn't think the game was far from over and said we can score 24 points in any given quarter even though we put up 28 in the second quarter alone.

Rasputin
01-12-2020, 05:59 PM
we are never ever out of it with Mahomes just remember that .

JimNasium
01-12-2020, 05:59 PM
Fuck the doubters. Don’t doubt destiny. There’s a new narrative for this team.

Pitt Gorilla
01-12-2020, 06:00 PM
With the franchise history, there is no need for anyone's apology.

This team was a shitshow during the 1st quarter.

Luckily Mahomes was an absolute beast.How in the **** does "franchise history" have anything to do with today's game? If anything, last year's loss should serve to make the team stronger. FFS.

Chris Meck
01-12-2020, 06:01 PM
DO YOU BELIEVE NOW, MOTHERFUCKER? WELL? DO YA?

Raiderhater
01-12-2020, 06:02 PM
I’m not going to say I wasn’t fighting some nerves in the 1st but, why anyone would automatically admit defeat at that point is beyond me. The team was shut out for the entire first half of last season’s ACCG and came back in the second half. This team is never out of it.

digger
01-12-2020, 06:02 PM
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/VFhz1KhA3Dc/maxresdefault.jpg

Pitt Gorilla
01-12-2020, 06:03 PM
I’m not going to say I wasn’t fighting some nerves in the 1st but, why anyone would automatically admit defeat at that point is beyond me. The team was shut out for the entire first half of last season’s ACCG and came back in the second half. This team is never out of it.We, literally, had THREE quarters to come back.

loochy
01-12-2020, 06:06 PM
Why would you think that in the first quarter.....about the most explosive team in football?

Clyde Frog
01-12-2020, 06:18 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/Ed2NXBuw8uhlm/giphy.gif

Never doubt the Legitimate GOAT.

Raiderhater
01-12-2020, 06:23 PM
We, literally, had THREE quarters to come back.

Exactly. Anything one team can do in quarter (or half) the other can do in same amount of time. It doesn’t mean they will so getting nervous is understandable, but to throw in the towel? Fuck that.

Rasputin
01-12-2020, 06:25 PM
I kicked ass in the GDT fuck yeah i did i never waivererd and said we would come back even after we were down by 24 I knew we would pull it off and i had the most post in the gdt. I win.

MahiMike
Forgiven. You and I are still suffering from Marty PTSD.

Ming the Merciless
Your heresy will be written and recorded in the book of grudges. Your betrayal will live on forever and you shall bear the mark of shame for the remainder of your days.

You will perish in hellfire with the rest of the cowards and non believers. This was a test of faith and you have FAILED. The best you can hope for is that the end is swift.

Blessed be those that live in the light & warmth of Mahomes.

scho63
01-12-2020, 06:34 PM
When we were down 24-0, 99% of Arrowhead looked like they were in a coma. It was horrible. Don't let everyone claim they kept up their enthusiasm all the way from opening kickoff.

Three7s
01-12-2020, 06:39 PM
Not sure why ANYONE would EVER doubt Mahomes. Makes zero sense to me.

It wasn't really so much about Mahomes as much as it was just the entire team looking lethargic. I know he's amazing, but he can't do everything on his own.

Flying High D
^ somebody wasn’t in Discord. Most kept pulling for the Patrick’s. There were a few she try motherfuckers in there that threw in the towel. Fuck them.

TimBone
My bitch ass gave up. Even changed the channel for a few minutes. I don't deserve forgiveness, and am not worthy of this Super Bowl run we're witnessing.

cabletech94
01-12-2020, 06:41 PM
When we were down 24-0, 99% of Arrowhead looked like they were in a coma. It was horrible. Don't let everyone claim they kept up their enthusiasm all the way from opening kickoff.

i logged off CP. continued watching the game, and saw a fantastic comeback. it was wonderful.

displacedinMN
01-12-2020, 06:57 PM
I thought we were cooked. I know it should be "In mahomes we trust"

But I have been there before. I do not see how we spot 24 points and survive.

My heart cannot take it. Had to be done. FML.

Why Not?
01-12-2020, 07:18 PM
My bitch ass gave up. Even changed the channel for a few minutes. I don't deserve forgiveness, and am not worthy of this Super Bowl run we're witnessing.

I was almost this bad. Talked shit on GDT. Kept watching though. It was awesome. On a side note, I never doubted PMII. It’s everyone else that had me twisted. But now I realize, nothing can slow down this destiny machine. I’ll never doubt again.

petegz28
01-12-2020, 07:23 PM
Pat Mahomes is a ****ing monster but feel this out...

Defense gives up a busted play on the 1st drive for a TD....shit happens
Defense gives up a TD on a 4 yard field....most defenses will
Defense gives up a FG on a 50 yard field....as good as one can hope for
Defense gives up a TD late in the game when up by 17....

In other words the ****ing defense balled out and gave up 10 points for all intents and purposes.

You don't fault a D for giving up a TD on a 4 yard field
You don't fault a D for giving up a FG on a 50 yard field
You don't care if a D gives up a garbage time TD

Worst case is they gave up 17 which is still awesome

petegz28
01-12-2020, 07:25 PM
And to add...HB dropped two easy INT's, one of which was a pick 6 with a walker

scho63
01-12-2020, 07:52 PM
I said to fan4ever if it was 28-0 we were done and it ONLY got to 24-0. When the tide turned and we got that first TD, We all got giddy and felt a change of momentum....