PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Doubters repent thread:

Chris Meck
01-12-2020, 06:29 PM
Here it is. Come clean.

Andy bashers, Clark bashers, Spags sucks, Honey Badger makes business decisions, whatever-anything you want to get off your chest.

Admit your specific sins, admit you were wrong, and apologize.

AND THEN GET ON THE GODDAMNED BUS!

edit:
the intent of this thread was not to lord anything over anyone about however frustrated or dejected you might have been during the 1st quarter of the Texans game. It was intended as a thread in which folks could talk about all the things they'd had a knee-jerk reaction to during the season which had turned out to be wrong. I thought it'd be fun and then we could all get on the bus the rest of the way to the 'ship. But of course, we can never all be pulling in the same direction, because Chiefsplanet. Carry on.

The Franchise
01-12-2020, 06:31 PM
Showtime can fuck off. His bus pass has been revoked.

BryanBusby
01-12-2020, 06:32 PM
Not going to blame anyone for getting the PTSD. I know I sure as fuck did.

Chief Northman
01-12-2020, 06:33 PM
Q

tooge
I repent. I went to the gym when it was 21-0. Came out and the Chiefs were ahead. Maybe ill just go to the gym at the start next week.

Chris Meck
Not going to blame anyone for getting the PTSD. I know I sure as **** did.

It's okay. Repent and be forgiven.

Your bus driver is also a Priest.

OKchiefs
01-12-2020, 06:34 PM
I was a whiny little bitch, I admit it.

TwistedChief
01-12-2020, 06:34 PM
The wheels on the bus go round and round!

Chris Meck
01-12-2020, 06:35 PM
I was a whiny little bitch, I admit it.

10 hail Patricks and pour a shot of whiskey out for Derrick Thomas.

BryanBusby
It's okay. Repent and be forgiven.

Your bus driver is also a Priest.
It's a moment to appreciate that we have Pat Mahomes. One of many.

Bowser
At 24-0 I had lost hope. How little I knew back then.

I repent. I went to the gym when it was 21-0. Came out and the Chiefs were ahead. Maybe ill just go to the gym at the start next week.

"Maybe"?

Chris Meck
It's a moment to appreciate that we have Pat Mahomes. One of many.

I believe in Saint Patrick.

ChiefsFanatic
01-12-2020, 06:36 PM
We were 1-7 in our last 8 home playoff games. As a franchise we had NEVER won playoff games in back to back seasons.

There is no reason to repent. Because Chiefs was in full effect.

But, I think Mahomes finally murdered the curse, and buried it 51 feet under the end zones.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

staylor26
01-12-2020, 06:36 PM
I never once bashed anybody just thought we would have shit luck like always.

Looks like I was wrong and I’m glad to eat crow, but we’re not finished and unfortunately there’s still potential for a “Because Chiefs” moment. I’m confident as ever though.

FLHomer
01-12-2020, 06:37 PM

With this teams history I wouldnt blame anyone for thinking it was over at the time.

493rd
01-12-2020, 06:37 PM
I whined and thought the game was over at 24-0, but how many games aren’t at that point? What we saw today was history in the NFL. That is, being down by 20 and then winning by 20. Still, Mahomes is a special kind of special that should not be doubted.

Chris Meck
01-12-2020, 06:38 PM
At 24-0 I had lost hope. How little I knew back then.

"Maybe"?

5 Our father, who art Big Red's. And pour a whiskey out for Otis Taylor.

frozenchief
01-12-2020, 06:38 PM
I did get so irritated I left the bar and grill where I was watching and went home so I could rant/rejoice without disturbing others. There was a lady with about 4 kids nearby that kept looking at me whenever i would loudly say, "You have got to be kidding me!" But I watched the game when I got home because I knew if anyone could lead us back from the wilderness, it was Mahomes.

Papi
01-12-2020, 06:39 PM
Only the homo-ist of the homers didn't have at least a little doubt with this franchise's post season track record.

Chris Meck
01-12-2020, 06:39 PM
I whined and thought the game was over at 24-0, but how many games aren’t at that point? What we saw today was history in the NFL. That is, being down by 20 and then winning by 20. Still, Mahomes is a special kind of special that should not be doubted.

You must never lose faith in the Prince Who Was Promised.

20 Hail Patrick's and pour two shots out, one for Ed Podolak, one for Buck Buchanan.

Chris Meck
01-12-2020, 06:40 PM
Only the homo-ist of the homers didn't have at least a little doubt with this franchise's post season track record.

CONTRITION! DO YOU SPEAK IT MOTHERFUCKER?!

Chris Meck
01-12-2020, 06:41 PM

Looks like I was wrong and I’m glad to eat crow, but we’re not finished and unfortunately there’s still potential for a “Because Chiefs” moment. I’m confident as ever though.

It's time to believe.

Three7s
01-12-2020, 06:43 PM
I have repented.

Papi
01-12-2020, 06:43 PM
CONTRITION! DO YOU SPEAK IT MOTHER****ER?!
I only speak Murican

Molitoth
01-12-2020, 06:55 PM
Who didn't doubt during that first quarter?

Chris Meck
01-12-2020, 06:58 PM

Even I, driver of the bus, did blink.

I knew that there was a lot of time, and I knew that at some point, they'd pull it together.

I knew the mountain was tall, but I knew that Saint Patrick could climb it if anyone could.

I knew that most of their points were fluke. They weren't dominating, they were opportunistic.

I knew we COULD. I didn't think we'd erase that 24 points and go into half-time in the lead, no.

swifty32661
01-12-2020, 07:01 PM
You must never lose faith in the Prince Who Was Promised.

20 Hail Patrick's and pour two shots out, one for Ed Podolak, one for Buck Buchanan.

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

Chief Roundup
01-12-2020, 07:41 PM
I think Mahomes said it best when asked about the fan that left when they were down 24-0. Don't come to the game next week.

God of Thunder
01-12-2020, 07:43 PM
Guilty! I started a thread about Food Network!

Eleazar
01-12-2020, 07:43 PM
Here it is. Come clean.

Andy bashers, Clark bashers, Spags sucks, Honey Badger makes business decisions, whatever-anything you want to get off your chest.

Admit your specific sins, admit you were wrong, and apologize.

AND THEN GET ON THE GODDAMNED BUS!

Glad we had people like you here to rally the troops :thumb:

Why Not?
01-12-2020, 07:45 PM
I said an Andy Reid team wasn’t built to win tough games in the postseason. St Patrick has made me a believer. I will repent by being in the stands next week, loud AF.

BWillie
01-12-2020, 07:46 PM
I thought we were cooked. But I'm going to rewatch the game at some point because it was so epic.

Chief Roundup
01-12-2020, 07:48 PM
This is for you and your like Showtime. Listen to what Mahomes tells you.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/36KcFiu-vdY?start=1401" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

hometeam
01-12-2020, 07:49 PM
people sitting next to me left, and I told them while it looked dire it being the first quarter we could still come back and win.

The seats they left open made for lots of room for me and my party~

wheeler08
01-12-2020, 07:49 PM
Forgive me Father, for I have sinned. I don’t know why, but I was in a bad fucking mood all day before the game even started. My 4 year old, who was wearing a Mahomes MVP shirt, announced at lunch that he doesn’t like football or the chiefs! I yelled what?!? My 12 year old laughed harder than anything he’s ever laughed at before. I have since disowned both.

The game starts, and it’s the worst possible start in NFL history. After we were down 14-0, I go to get my first beer outta the basement fridge. Some little shit left the fridge door open and all my beer was warm. OMG I was livid, I yelled at the wife and blamed her, she threw a kid under the bus, and in seconds it’s 21-0. JFC! I’m about to have an aneurism. When it was 21-0 and on 3rd down we threw the deep pass to Hill and he gets murdered and they don’t throw a flag and he’s lying on the field hurt, I just shut the tv off. Wife and I were already mad at each other. I went upstairs to take a nap. Lying in bed I could feel my blood pressure skyrocketing. I can’t sleep. I turn the tv back on and it’s 24-7 and the rest is history. Forgive me.

Chris Meck
01-12-2020, 07:51 PM
Forgive me Father, for I have sinned. I don’t know why, but I was in a bad ****ing mood all day before the game even started. My 4 year old, who was wearing a Mahomes MVP shirt, announced at lunch that he doesn’t like football or the chiefs! I yelled what?!? My 12 year old laughed harder than anything he’s ever laughed at before. I have since disowned both.

The game starts, and it’s the worst possible start in NFL history. After we were down 14-0, I go to get my first beer outta the basement fridge. Some little shit left the fridge door open and all my beer was warm. OMG I was livid, I yelled at the wife and blamed her, she threw a kid under the bus, and in seconds it’s 21-0. JFC! I’m about to have an aneurism. When it was 21-0 and on 3rd down we threw the deep pass to Hill and he gets murdered and they don’t throw a flag and he’s lying on the field hurt, I just shut the tv off. Wife and I were already mad at each other. I went upstairs to take a nap. Lying in bed I could feel my blood pressure skyrocketing. I can’t sleep. I turn the tv back on and it’s 24-7 and the rest is history. Forgive me.

Five hail Andy's, two our Patrick's, and pour a beer out for Hank Stram.

All is forgiven.

chinaski
01-12-2020, 07:52 PM
Never a doubter.

Look at my previous posts.

"You sons-a-bitches, now you know how I feel" - George S. Patton

We are going to win the Super Bowl. I know it.

EPodolak
01-12-2020, 07:53 PM
I keep forgetting Pat is a way better QB than I am a fan.

bdj23
01-12-2020, 07:53 PM
Not gonna lie... sitting in Arrowhead being down 24-0 and 0/2 in playoff games, Because Cheifs started to creep back in on me.

Thankfully I didn't drink much, so I was a lot more rational. What a game though. Simply amazing.
!

Chris Meck
01-12-2020, 07:56 PM
Hey, it was natural to be concerned.

I was worried mostly that we'd dig the hole too deep.

I knew we'd at LEAST make a game of it.

In my heart I knew Patrick was too good to get blown out.

But I was pretty damned concerned. You'd be nuts not to be.

jerryaldini
01-12-2020, 08:01 PM
Down 24 thought we still had maybe 20 percent chance. Guys were just playing so tight, and feared the mistakes were too in their heads. Once Sorenson stopped the fake I thought yeah, we got this.

siberian khatru
01-12-2020, 08:02 PM
Hey, it was natural to be concerned.

I was worried mostly that we'd dig the hole too deep.

I knew we'd at LEAST make a game of it.

In my heart I knew Patrick was too good to get blown out.

But I was pretty damned concerned. You'd be nuts not to be.

Truth.

I never checked out, because you never know. But I figured at that point they were gonna lose 34-24 or something. Too big a hole.

Chiefs=Champions
01-12-2020, 08:04 PM
Momentum and pressure are hard to quantify. But they are both huge in football. As soon as the kick returner fumbled the pressure on the Texans was huge. You could see it in the texans players. I was very concerned after the start, but after the fumble I thought it was doable. We had momentum and the best player in the NFL.

siberian khatru
01-12-2020, 08:07 PM
Momentum and pressure are hard to quantify. But they are both huge in football. As soon as the kick returner fumbled the pressure on the Texans was huge. You could see it in the texans players. I was very concerned after the start, but when after the fumble I thought it was doable. We had momentum and the best player in the NFL.

We’ve been on the other side of that. I know the feeling.

InChiefsHeaven
01-12-2020, 08:10 PM
I was concerned...even in despair. But I held on to the FACT that we've seen this team score 28 points in the 2nd quarter, and we've seen this team score 31 in the second half...and I never turned off the game or lost hope. I was pissed, and I admit to thinking we were probably going to lose...but I never gave up hope. I've been at this shit too long, I live and die by these fuckers. GO CHIEFS!!!

Renegade
01-12-2020, 08:12 PM
My PTSD went full Alex. I removed all Chiefs clothing from my body-that was the turning I am convinced. I did resist the urge to go do some else and be more productive. I did watch the entire game but I admit I was on edge the whole second half. I have seen the light and I shall not waiver my faith in Patrick again. I am now back on the bus

Buehler445
01-12-2020, 10:50 PM
I thought we were done at 21-0. Holy shit. We have Mahomes.

bringbackmarty
01-12-2020, 11:02 PM
I've got a bit of contrition to make to you personally Meck. Khalen Saunders appears to be a legitimate NFL DT. There are a few players that could have been drafted at that spot that were more impactful at their respective positions but with the injury to Jones and Williams being out, Saunders got to play a lot, played well at times and seems to have a future. I was wrong. I'm big enough to admit it.
Saunders

bringbackmarty
01-12-2020, 11:03 PM
Was good this year.

Chris Meck
01-12-2020, 11:03 PM
I've got a bit of contrition to make to you personally Meck. Khalen Saunders appears to be a legitimate NFL DT. There are a few players that could have been drafted at that spot that were more impactful at their respective positions but with the injury to Jones and Williams being out, Saunders got to play a lot, played well at times and seems to have a future. I was wrong. I'm big enough to admit it.
Saunders

2 hail Patrick's, 3 fat Andy's and pour a shot out for Marty.

Sassy Squatch
01-12-2020, 11:07 PM
Dee Ford and Justin Houston combined had 5.5 sacks over 12 games in the postseason for the Chiefs. Clark had 3 sacks in his first game. Noice.

Chiefshrink
01-12-2020, 11:12 PM
Down 24, I thought to myself, "Damn it Andy, you let the players watch the Ravens/Titans game and now by default they have looked past the Texans".:mad:

wheeler08
01-12-2020, 11:18 PM
Dee Ford and Justin Houston combined had 5.5 sacks over 12 games in the postseason for the Chiefs. Clark had 3 sacks in his first game. Noice.

Wow, good stat to dig up. Props!

Son of Logical
01-12-2020, 11:21 PM
I too must declare I was among the doubters after we went down 21-0. I had bellowed three times and scared my wife and kids. So I turned off the TV, took a shower, and accepted that out guys were probably going to lose. Started watching the game in spurts and every time I turned the game back on the Chiefs were in the red zone and about to score again. After it was 24-21 I decided I would watch the rest, and man was I not disappointed.

Inspector
01-12-2020, 11:33 PM
A lot of people have a lot of emotion tied into this team. Over the decades there have been many ups and downs along the way. Today, I admit, during the first quarter I was miserable and in the depths of despair. And I vented. It seemed like it was going to be another playoff game like so many in the past.

I was wrong. I apologize. I've apologized to my wife. I had crow for dinner. (It was awful) And I've learned a lesson about a Patrick Mahomes led team that I will not forget.

What a roller coaster ride today. And that's part of why it was so great.

This is it. This is the year. We're going to bring the Lombardi to KC where it belongs and where it will spend a lot of time as long as we have Mahomes at the helm. Today all doubts were erased.

rabblerouser
01-12-2020, 11:33 PM

*raises hand*

With 1 min left in the 1st, I told Clay and Twisted Chief that were about to score 28 in the 2nd quarter.

Chris Meck
01-12-2020, 11:34 PM
*raises hand*

With 1 min left in the 1st, I told Clay and Twisted Chief that were about to score 28 in the 2nd quarter.

ROFL

rabblerouser
01-12-2020, 11:41 PM
ROFL

You laugh, but it's a true story.

https://i.ibb.co/C8vMnQB/20200112-171705.jpg (https://ibb.co/LR6JC1S)
tải album ảnh (https://imgbb.com/)

Pitt Gorilla
01-12-2020, 11:43 PM

Looks like I was wrong and I’m glad to eat crow, but we’re not finished and unfortunately there’s still potential for a “Because Chiefs” moment. I’m confident as ever though.At some point, you have to understand that Pat doesn't give a **** about your "Because Chiefs" horseshit.

Katie
01-12-2020, 11:44 PM
Was I Pissed? Absolutely. But my philosophy has always been "never give up, never surrender". Not til time runs out.

rabblerouser
01-12-2020, 11:45 PM
Was I Pissed? Absolutely. But my philosophy has always been "never give up, never surrender". Not til time runs out.

Damn right, girl.

RaidersOftheCellar
01-12-2020, 11:46 PM
Never committed any of these sins. I suppose I doubted the Clark signing at one point, but I don’t remember bashing him.

bringbackmarty
01-12-2020, 11:46 PM
2 hail Patrick's, 3 fat Andy's and pour a shot out for Marty.

I will not pour a shot out for Marty because he is not dead, instead I will drink a very large shot of Jameson for Marty and do my best to remember it. Because Marty was a great coach and I remember the good times with him and the bad times make these good times so much better.

Bugeater
01-12-2020, 11:48 PM
People actually left the stadium for good in the first qtr? I can see stepping away for a while to go have a smoke or a beer or something...

But to go to the trouble and expense of a fucking playoff game just to leave...?

In the first fucking quarter...?

Wow. Just wow.

bringbackmarty
01-12-2020, 11:49 PM
Nobody has ever had a QB as good as mahomes. If Marty had mahomes,we would have won 9 super bowls.

Wallcrawler
01-13-2020, 12:00 AM
I was fucking pissed at that shitshow start. The team looked completely inept and unprepared to play.

The repeated drops, blown coverage, punt block, pubt muff, it was so much bad all at once it didn't seem possible.

I reminded my dad and my brother at 24-0, that last year twice against NE Pat put up 31 points in the second half, so if the offense got ANY points in the first half, we had a shot.

Then Hardman took the kick back 57 yards, 2 plays later the comeback was on. 3 TDs in 3 minutes and everything flipped.

I certainly didnt see us taking the lead before half at 24-0. I was just hoping they could get back in it to try to make a late game run at stealing a win.

F150
01-13-2020, 12:08 AM
I was ****ing pissed at that shitshow start. The team looked completely inept and unprepared to play.

The repeated drops, blown coverage, punt block, pubt muff, it was so much bad all at once it didn't seem possible.

I reminded my dad and my brother at 24-0, that last year twice against NE Pat put up 31 points in the second half, so if the offense got ANY points in the first half, we had a shot.

Then Hardman took the kick back 57 yards, 2 plays later the comeback was on. 3 TDs in 3 minutes and everything flipped.

I certainly didnt see us taking the lead before half at 24-0. I was just hoping they could get back in it to try to make a late game run at stealing a win.

all of this

Hammock Parties
01-13-2020, 12:11 AM
I have nothing to be ashamed of.

Will Fuller fucked us up. And we needed a lot more than 28 to win.

But in the end. Mahomes.

LiveSteam
01-13-2020, 12:20 AM
I keep forgetting Pat is a way better QB than I am a fan.

Bwaaahahaha

RollChiefsRoll
01-13-2020, 12:50 AM
I quit in the first quarter for sure. I’m an asshole and a shitty fan. I suck.

KurtCobain
01-13-2020, 12:56 AM

Yeah, it's easy to get the, OHFUCKPLEASENOTAGAIN, panic button going in your brain after a start like that.

Bugeater
01-13-2020, 01:07 AM
I quit in the first quarter for sure. I’m an asshole and a shitty fan. I suck.

Sooo you what....shut the game off and never turned it back on? Again, i get walking away for a bit, i do it all the time. But my God...how does someone not cool off and come to their senses or at least be somewhat curious? It was the first fucking quarter....

JD10367
01-13-2020, 01:16 AM
You guys are funny.

Before the game: “The Texans are awful, we’re gonna kill them!”
After one quarter: “We suck!”
After the game: “We’re the best ever, woooohoooo!!1!”

Well which is it?

Truth is... all of it. There’s a reason they say “any given Sunday”. From the best team to the worst, the margin is slim. Ask the Saints and Ravens. The Patriots won 6 Super Bowls, and it easily could’ve been 8 or easily could’ve been 0.

There’s no crime in getting pissed off when your team plays like shit. There’s no crime in getting excited when they turn it around and win. But it’s not like “HOW COULD YOU DOUBT?!?” Nothing is given.

Bugeater
01-13-2020, 01:23 AM
Yeah, it's easy to get the, OHFUCKPLEASENOTAGAIN, panic button going in your brain after a start like that.

Anyone who says that they didn't get at least a touch of that is either lying, or just became a Chiefs fan last year.

crayzkirk
01-13-2020, 04:11 AM
Yeah, once it was 21 zip I was getting really bummed. My nephew and brother in law both went to go take a nap. I never quit watching, it was like watching a train wreck. I started thinking about the 28 point 2nd quarter against the Raiders. Started letting a little bit of hope creep back in. If they can just get 7, then if they can just get 14, then if they can just get to 21 before half.

Now... I can't sleep...

The Chiefs have always been on the wrong end of these games. We now have that guy at QB, the one that refuses to give up.

Buehler445
01-13-2020, 04:17 AM
Anyone who says that they didn't get at least a touch of that is either lying, or just became a Chiefs fan last year.

Oh hell. I forgot we have bandwagon fans. Shit. This is weird man.

DTHOF
01-13-2020, 05:08 AM
I was texting my brother. I was losing it and he said we got this, we have scored 28 in the second qtr below and sure 'nough we did.

jallmon
01-13-2020, 06:37 AM
I did freak a bit on Ward when I felt he gave up on a pass play and let them get the big gain. And the muffed punt by Hill cause me to scream "you have to be shitting me!" The dogs and cats left my man cave...so I watched the glorious comeback by my lonesome.

But, man alive!, 7 TDs in 7 drives or whatever it ended up being, was sure fun. Also, the 3 TDs in 7 plays was very therapeutic. The Chiefs offense is a juggernaut when people hold onto the ball and wait for the snap count. Impressive.

I wonder, what was Mike Vrabel thinking when he watched that?

GloryDayz
01-13-2020, 07:02 AM
OK I'll admit it, I was a tad mean yesterday.

Rasputin
01-13-2020, 07:49 AM
Showtime can fuck off. His bus pass has been revoked.

He defiantly needs a name change he is not worthy to be called Showtime. He is disgraceful to have it.

Shiver Me Timbers
01-13-2020, 08:34 PM
Here is the truth
There is not another team in the NFL that could have came back from that abortion. Everything that could have gone wrong-did go wrong.
This team is something special.
THEY GOT THIS
WE GOOD

Graystoke
01-13-2020, 08:38 PM
1st Quarter I Had doubts but kept them private... thank you slow server

MahiMike
01-13-2020, 08:57 PM
Only one I doubted was Toub. Still do. His group cost us 15 points yesterday.

Red Dawg
01-13-2020, 08:58 PM
I was a schmuck. Won't happen again

rabblerouser
01-13-2020, 09:03 PM
He defiantly needs a name change he is not worthy to be called Showtime. He is disgraceful to have it.

Needs to change his name to Hotime.

rabblerouser
01-13-2020, 09:05 PM
Only one I doubted was Toub. Still do. His group cost us 15 points yesterday.

But his group also helped get us back in the game with Hardman's return and Thompson's fumble recovery...

Shiver Me Timbers
01-13-2020, 10:33 PM
But his group also helped get us back in the game with Hardman's return and Thompson's fumble recovery...

Amen

Naptown Chief
01-13-2020, 11:45 PM
I wont be eating an edible before the Tits game.. You'd have thought i was going through menopause during the first quarter. I do the discord chat, which is awesome dudes, and I said some shit like "I've NEVER turned off a Chiefs game, but I don't know if I can sit through this shit for another 3 hours." I put my phone down (how I cp/discord), took mine and the pups jerseys off, and went out for a smoke. I had to clear my head. I step back inside RIGHT as Hardman had the awesome kick return. I thought "My God, Dave, have you no faith? Have you forsaken the Messiah?" and put that shit right back on them and I. I think, like Abraham, the Lord Patrick was merely testing our faith. Some passed, some failed, but our Lord Patrick is a good and forgiving savior.

Never again will I doubt this team. I know we'll lose some games, and I know we MIGHT not win 19 straight SBs, but I will never give up on them again. Amen.

Titty Meat
01-13-2020, 11:58 PM

You've grown up alot man you just became a dad righr?

I was wrong as fuck and I'll admit it. I referenced Reids playoff record and I thought it was fair given down being 24-0. Even the mistakes made by the O and special teams our defense did look like the same team from October that first quarter and the Texans were using the same game plan that was effective beating us in October. This isnt an excuse or a defense it's my honest to god thoughts at the time.

I'm glad we pulled it out. I still think it's fair to question Reids post season record after 2 decades of coaching it is what it is. The difference is he now has a HOF QB. I got alot of shit in another thread for mentioning Reids demeanor on the sideline down 21-0 but it was true. One guy who didnt looked rattled at all was out 2nd year as a starting QB. His confidence rubs off on the whole team and you can see it.

I'm glad I was wrong and the Chiefs came back. I love this team and love Big Red. I just cant handle anymore heartbreak and that's all this team has done to me in the 30+ years I've been on this earth. I apologize if my overreaction this season killed anyones vibe this should be a time of celebration. Were gonna fuckin bring Lamars trophy back to where it belongs.

dtrain
01-14-2020, 12:45 AM

Being honest I never doubted all I said was unbelievable and at the end of the first quarter took off my Mahomes jersey and put on a red muscle shirt and the rest is history.

Brooklyn
01-14-2020, 06:19 AM
I was never really concerned with the score. Pat is never out of it. BUT, when Tyreek took that massive hit, I thought he might be done for the game. Either a cracked rib or maybe something popping back up with his shoulder. And I’m not entirely sure we’d have been able to complete the comeback without the full complement on offense. That’s a tough SOB though. Salute!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris Meck
01-14-2020, 06:34 AM
It's interesting;

My intent with the thread was not so much about THE GAME as it was just the season overall.

Since the offseason, there were tons of CP'ers that hated Spags hiring, hated the free agent signings, Honey Badger is JAG, Clark sucks, Veach doesn't know what he's doing, Hardman was a HUGE REACH, ANDY MUST GO, all that stuff.

I suppose I was looking for a simple I WAS WRONG BABY FOR DOUBTING YOU LET'S GO! sort of hey look at all the stuff that went right this year.

I wasn't really intending it to be the Texans game confessional.

But it was kind of fun so I let it go.

GloryDayz
01-14-2020, 06:48 AM
I love the people in here who are leaning toward the "I never had a doubt" side side of the discussion, even when we were down 24-0.

Look I've "repented" for being mean last Sunday, but anybody who didn't have a doubt when we spotted a play-off team 24 points, well, that's nuts. You might have been "hopeful" instead of "mad" like some of us were, but to act like you knew we'd pull-out a 20 point win, well, that nuts. The most one can point to is that what lead to the 24 points was a serious series of unfortunate and uncanny 'events' (muffed punts, dropped passes, blocked punts, and terribly missed assignments) that lead to the 24 points, and they were fixable by simply not doing them anymore.

In b4, "That's not what I said".

And I'll tell you this, we sure as hell better not decide to spot the Tits 24 points. I don't think the Tits will implode quite like the Texans did on offense. The D's going to have their hands full with Henry, so let's hope we keeps the mental mistakes to a minimum.

We still have two games to go and we're pretty healthy, so we better have everybody ready to go, with their heads and emotions on straight, at the 15:00 point of the 1st quarter this coming week, not early in the 2nd...

Chris Meck
01-14-2020, 06:50 AM
and like said, the intent was more about the SEASON, and all the things that went right and not really about THE GAME.

GloryDayz
01-14-2020, 06:53 AM
and like said, the intent was more about the SEASON, and all the things that went right and not really about THE GAME.

I just read that reply.. Fair enough... Bump this thread after we win the SB and I'll repent.

Brooklyn
01-14-2020, 07:47 AM
I love the people in here who are leaning toward the "I never had a doubt" side side of the discussion, even when we were down 24-0.

Look I've "repented" for being mean last Sunday, but anybody who didn't have a doubt when we spotted a play-off team 24 points, well, that's nuts. You might have been "hopeful" instead of "mad" like some of us were, but to act like you knew we'd pull-out a 20 point win, well, that nuts. The most one can point to is that what lead to the 24 points was a serious series of unfortunate and uncanny 'events' (muffed punts, dropped passes, blocked punts, and terribly missed assignments) that lead to the 24 points, and they were fixable by simply not doing them anymore.

And I'll tell you this, we sure as hell better not decide to spot the Tits 24 points. I don't think the Tits will implode quite like the Texans did on offense. The D's going to have their hands full with Henry, so let's hope we keeps the mental mistakes to a minimum.

We still have two games to go and we're pretty healthy, so we better have everybody ready to go, with their heads and emotions on straight, at the 15:00 point of the 1st quarter this coming week, not early in the 2nd...

Meh, the flow of the game dictated that we’d be right back in it. My expectations were to be down 24-14 going into the half, with the ball to start the 3rd quarter. In fact, I was more nervous at 21-0 than 24-0. Once he kicked the FG it almost felt like a tap out and I knew the Chiefs were winning the game.

Curious to see if Vrabel uses Harbuagh’s strategy and goes for 2 early on. That’s assuming they can score on our D.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KChiefs1
01-14-2020, 09:30 AM
Where’s Showtime?

That piece of shit needs to come out from under the rock & repent. Fucking loser.

Eleazar
01-14-2020, 09:43 AM
It's interesting;

My intent with the thread was not so much about THE GAME as it was just the season overall.

Since the offseason, there were tons of CP'ers that hated Spags hiring, hated the free agent signings, Honey Badger is JAG, Clark sucks, Veach doesn't know what he's doing, Hardman was a HUGE REACH, ANDY MUST GO, all that stuff.

I suppose I was looking for a simple I WAS WRONG BABY FOR DOUBTING YOU LET'S GO! sort of hey look at all the stuff that went right this year.

I wasn't really intending it to be the Texans game confessional.

But it was kind of fun so I let it go.

I think quite a few people as the season went on were saying about the defense, "this isn't good enough to win in the playoffs", but of course they turned the corner and everything is different now. Same with Andy and time management gaffes, poor challenges, etc. The team getting better as the season goes on makes everything easier. Doesn't mean it wasn't true at the time.

That is far different than the CP insta-freakouts when things aren't immediately going great like Frank Clark Sucks, HB sucks, Hardman sucks, Jones is sitting out as a business decision, Veach blew both drafts, a call went against us so the game must be rigged, Spagnuolo was a bad hire, many pronouncements of "game over" sunday, etc

The former is sober realism based on the facts up to that point, the latter is internet dip-****ery

burt
01-14-2020, 09:45 AM
Okay....I admit it. I said, "Cause Chiefs....." a couple times this season AND Sundays game. I'm sorry, Daddy....I mean Forgive me, Father....... I'm not religious so I got those two phrases mixed up...

dirk digler
01-14-2020, 10:01 AM

Couldn't have said it better. :clap:

Gravedigger
01-14-2020, 10:06 AM
I'm not repenting shit. When they were down 24 - 0 I was calling for Reid's head, because after a bye week and you come out like that, then someone's head is going to roll if we lost that game. Just because we had the perfect storm of Patrick being Patrick, Bill O'Brien being a ****ing clown, and the Texans Defense and Offense losing morality once halftime came about, doesn't mean Andy isn't on thin ice. It's go time, as Soren Petro says, "You're in the get it right business, and your job is to get it right." We've given Andy the better part of a decade to get it right and he came close last year, which bought him this year and next year. If we would've lost that game the way we were losing it, in the first game, after having the bye, YET AGAIN, I would've been good with see ya Andy! We'll figure this out with someone else. By winning that game, I won't question him if he loses on Sunday, or in the Super Bowl, he's bought next year, but you better not regress back to one and done in the playoffs, especially with the roster we have. We were getting blown out and shouldn't expect our team to be invincible and come back 51 - 7 everytime we need it because it's definitely the exception, and not the rule. Can he come back from that? Sure, it's possible. But if it doesn't happen I'm not going to be an ass and come on the boards and demand everyone who thought Patrick would come back and he didn't deserves to repent. **** that, you be a Chiefs fan in your way and I'll be a Chiefs fan in my way. Andy went to numerous NFC Title Games and then the Super Bowl and lost and that bought him a good amount of years after that of mediocrity and not sniffing the title game with the Eagles, so they eventually fired him. You have to look at him and say this is who he is, until he proves us wrong.

burt
01-14-2020, 10:13 AM
I'm not repenting shit. When they were down 24 - 0 I was calling for Reid's head, because after a bye week and you come out like that, then someone's head is going to roll if we lost that game. Just because we had the perfect storm of Patrick being Patrick, Bill O'Brien being a ****ing clown, and the Texans Defense and Offense losing morality once halftime came about, doesn't mean Andy isn't on thin ice. It's go time, as Soren Petro says, "You're in the get it right business, and your job is to get it right." We've given Andy the better part of a decade to get it right and he came close last year, which bought him this year and next year. If we would've lost that game the way we were losing it, in the first game, after having the bye, YET AGAIN, I would've been good with see ya Andy! We'll figure this out with someone else. By winning that game, I won't question him if he loses on Sunday, or in the Super Bowl, he's bought next year, but you better not regress back to one and done in the playoffs, especially with the roster we have. We were getting blown out and shouldn't expect our team to be invincible and come back 51 - 7 everytime we need it because it's definitely the exception, and not the rule. Can he come back from that? Sure, it's possible. But if it doesn't happen I'm not going to be an ass and come on the boards and demand everyone who thought Patrick would come back and he didn't deserves to repent. **** that, you be a Chiefs fan in your way and I'll be a Chiefs fan in my way. Andy went to numerous NFC Title Games and then the Super Bowl and lost and that bought him a good amount of years after that of mediocrity and not sniffing the title game with the Eagles, so they eventually fired him. You have to look at him and say this is who he is, until he proves us wrong.

"Lighten up, Francis..."

You might have BP issue going on, pal.... but thanks for the permission to be a Chiefs fan my way. I appreciate that.

Gravedigger
01-14-2020, 10:23 AM
"Lighten up, Francis..."

You might have BP issue going on, pal.... but thanks for the permission to be a Chiefs fan my way. I appreciate that.

Nope, no Blood Pressure issues. After all of the years we've all spent with our head in our hands after playoff losses and one and done's and wasting good teams on mediocre effort/coaching, I'm purely within my right to tell the OP where he can shove his repent nonsense. I'll be there on Sunday just like I was last Sunday, just like I was for last years Playoff games, hoping I didn't waste my money, time, emotions, and fandom on a team that says they appreciate them, but can't get to big game in 50 years.

burt
01-14-2020, 10:31 AM
Nope, no Blood Pressure issues. After all of the years we've all spent with our head in our hands after playoff losses and one and done's and wasting good teams on mediocre effort/coaching, I'm purely within my right to tell the OP where he can shove his repent nonsense. I'll be there on Sunday just like I was last Sunday, just like I was for last years Playoff games, hoping I didn't waste my money, time, emotions, and fandom on a team that says they appreciate them, but can't get to big game in 50 years.

I understand your angst. You are tougher than me. I let my season tix go years ago. I no longer wanted to financially support an inferior product. But I am still a fan. BUT telling a tongue in cheek OP to shove it, might show that you take either football or BB's way too seriously. Or maybe you don't get "tongue in cheek"?

So, yes, you are purely within your right. But it's not overly flattering. And does make you seem a bit angry.

stevieray
01-14-2020, 10:36 AM
**** that, you be a Chiefs fan in your way and I'll be a Chiefs fan in my way.

it's almost like the rest of your post contradicts this sentence.

And thanks for the History lesson., but some of us are in the moment.

I hope you can feel it. it's pretty damn exciting.

burt
01-14-2020, 10:50 AM

Yep, I'm Feeling Alright!!!! Well, me and Joe Cocker.....

rabblerouser
01-14-2020, 11:36 AM

Forgive them, First Down Elvis, for they not know what they post...

FAX
01-14-2020, 11:42 AM
I never actually thought about this before (not saying that's anything new ... there are lots of things I've never thought about before), but ...

Is it possible that, when watching sports, our expectations are more reflective of our own personal outlook than that of the team?

In other words, if we expect things to go badly in our own lives ("Because Me?"), we project those prospects on our coaches and players?

Expectation theory has a lot of advocates, after all. In the world of finance and education (for example) the idea has traction among many. Could it apply in sports, as well?

It's certainly not out of the realm of possibility. And if it is true, one could reasonably argue that it's best to not boo your team when things go south ... or surrender prematurely to hopelessness.

Who knows? As Marshawn says, it might be the best thing for your mentals.

FAX THE THOUGHTFUL

stevieray
01-14-2020, 11:56 AM
I never actually thought about this before (not saying that's anything new ... there are lots of things I've never thought about before), but ...

Is it possible that, when watching sports, our expectations are more reflective of our own personal outlook than that of the team?

In other words, if we expect things to go badly in our own lives ("Because Me?"), we project those prospects on our coaches and players?

Expectation theory has a lot of advocates, after all. In the world of finance and education (for example) the idea has traction among many. Could it apply in sports, as well?

It's certainly not out of the realm of possibility. And if it is true, one could reasonably argue that it's best to not boo your team when things go south ... or surrender prematurely to hopelessness.

Who knows? As Marshawn says, it might be the best thing for your mentals.

FAX THE THOUGHTFUL

rabble. clay and 007 and I were pretty calm, considering. I mentioned that Pat had already put up 28 in a qtr.....next thing you know....MAJOR kudos to the Defense getting off the filed and and giving the ball back to pat.

Trust me on this, I was so mad I walked out on the Triplette call. I'd never done that before.

But on Sunday...I just wasn't within a million miles of defeat. It was surreal to me. I trusted Pat. I trusted the D. ...then it became obvious we just were NOT going to be denied.

That said, I felt like I'd had a heart attack by half time.... so much adrenaline flowing through my veins.

Just an amazing day.

Eleazar
01-14-2020, 12:07 PM
...one could reasonably argue that it's best to not boo your team when things go south

I firmly believe that this is true.

I know that Joe Sixpack is a little too invested in the team and thinks that his booing will make a football player suddenly realize they aren't doing a good job, or that he's paid his money and has paid for the right to boo if he's unhappy.

But if we really want the crowd to make a difference, if we want to maximize our homefield advantage, that extends to everything. When they do well we back them. When they are struggling we back them even harder.

Booing doesn't have any place in this situation. It provides no benefit to us. It only benefits the other team. Our team should know we are with them and not against them, no matter what. It's Andy's job to correct mental errors and enforce discipline. It's our job to urge them on and to attack the other team.

Mecca
01-14-2020, 12:17 PM
When 14 points were given away on special teams, after the other snafus this year with Winchester and blocked punts........I wanted to strangle the fuck out of Dave Toub.

Sassy Squatch
01-14-2020, 12:20 PM
DRob was pissing me the fuck off. Even when it was 24-21 he dropped it on 2nd and goal.

FAX
01-14-2020, 12:24 PM
When 14 points were given away on special teams, after the other snafus this year with Winchester and blocked punts........I wanted to strangle the **** out of Dave Toub.

Well ...

According to my theory-in-progress, this could mean that you either A) have a choking fetish or B) you may have an emerging asthma problem and need to consult a physician.

On the other hand, maybe Toub deserves to die.

I'm still working out the details of my hypothesis.

FAX

Chris Meck
01-14-2020, 12:24 PM

well, ASS, that wasn't the intent of the thread. The intent of the thread was about all the knee jerk reactions all season wrong. I wasn't intending it to be about THE GAME. But you decided to ASSUME that, and if you'd read the thread, you'd know that wasn't what I was talking about.

It was supposed to be about all the ANDY SUCKS, SPAG SUCKS, VEACH GOTTA GO, HONEY BADGER IS JAG, CLARK SUCKS stuff.

A positive post, really, where we'd talk about how despite all the injuries, so many things went VERY RIGHT after all this year.

Other took it and ran with it about THE GAME, which was therapeutic I guess in it's own way and sort of entertaining. But wasn't the intent.

But you do you.

FAX
01-14-2020, 12:32 PM
rabble. clay and 007 and I were pretty calm, considering. I mentioned that Pat had already put up 28 in a qtr.....next thing you know....MAJOR kudos to the Defense getting off the filed and and giving the ball back to pat.

Trust me on this, I was so mad I walked out on the Triplette call. I'd never done that before.

But on Sunday...I just wasn't within a million miles of defeat. It was surreal to me. I trusted Pat. I trusted the D. ...then it became obvious we just were NOT going to be denied.

That said, I felt like I'd had a heart attack by half time.... so much adrenaline flowing through my veins.

Just an amazing day.

My hope quotient declined to about 65% or so when we were down 24-zip. That lasted through the next commercial ... then I recovered. Like you, I recalled the Faider game.

The main thing that helped me through was the method whereby the Toxins got their points. An unusual bust by Ward, the blocked punt, and the muff by Tyreek ... those were outliers and highly rare mistakes. I chalked it up to nerves.

Once I came to my senses, I knew we had plenty of time to right the ship. But here's the main reason my mentals were actually pretty good overall; Mahomes + Wally After A Bye.

We have one of the most skilled offenses in NFL history right now. You simply can't hold them down forever.

Both on and off the field, it all boils down to mentals in the end.

FAX

stevieray
01-14-2020, 12:54 PM
My hope quotient declined to about 65% or so when we were down 24-zip. That lasted through the next commercial ... then I recovered. Like you, I recalled the Faider game.

The main thing that helped me through was the method whereby the Toxins got their points. An unusual bust by Ward, the blocked punt, and the muff by Tyreek ... those were outliers and highly rare mistakes. I chalked it up to nerves.

Once I came to my senses, I knew we had plenty of time to right the ship. But here's the main reason my mentals were actually pretty good overall; Mahomes + Wally After A Bye.

We have one of the most skilled offenses in NFL history right now. You simply can't hold them down forever.

Both on and off the field, it all boils down to mentals in the end.

FAX

Amen.

I can only imagine what a confidence booster this was for the team.

Team hasn't lost by more than 7 since Pat took over. That Texans game was over with 13 minutes to go..the score never changed.

We are LITERALLY in every game, regardless.

MontyKC
01-14-2020, 01:12 PM
There has been a calm over me all season. I was not too concerned about the outcome of the game. I've been a Chiefs fan for over 25 years. I lived in Wichita as a child and moved around until my family settled in Lindale/Tyler area of East Texas.

I latched onto the Chiefs due to Joe Montana, prior Kansas roots and the fact that they were the Dallas Texans. I played football with Pat Mahomes senior. He was on JV and I scrimmaged against him. He and I have know each other for almost 30 years, although we were never close friends. More FB friends.

The reason I'm talking about my past is that I believe that this is a team of destiny. The Chiefs are in existence because of the oil fields of East Texas. Lamar Hunt and the Hunt Family lived in Tyler, Texas where PM II was born and raised. In away PM II will not only be bringing the trophy home to KC but he will also be repping Tyler, Lindale and Whitehouse Texas. It is gonna happen.

rabblerouser
01-14-2020, 01:15 PM

Just an amazing day.

That really happened, didn't it??

Gravedigger
01-14-2020, 01:15 PM
well, ASS, that wasn't the intent of the thread. The intent of the thread was about all the knee jerk reactions all season wrong. I wasn't intending it to be about THE GAME. But you decided to ASSUME that, and if you'd read the thread, you'd know that wasn't what I was talking about.

It was supposed to be about all the ANDY SUCKS, SPAG SUCKS, VEACH GOTTA GO, HONEY BADGER IS JAG, CLARK SUCKS stuff.

A positive post, really, where we'd talk about how despite all the injuries, so many things went VERY RIGHT after all this year.

Other took it and ran with it about THE GAME, which was therapeutic I guess in it's own way and sort of entertaining. But wasn't the intent.

But you do you.

If you're not used to Chiefs fans having knee jerk reactions by now, then you never will. You taking offense to my post is the same thing I did to yours, but you do you.

Chris Meck
01-14-2020, 01:44 PM
If you're not used to Chiefs fans having knee jerk reactions by now, then you never will. You taking offense to my post is the same thing I did to yours, but you do you.

really? I know you are but what am I?

stevieray
01-14-2020, 01:48 PM
That really happened, didn't it??

It was glorious!

rabblerouser
01-14-2020, 02:25 PM
It was glorious!

INDEED.

Chris Meck
01-14-2020, 03:14 PM
When 14 points were given away on special teams, after the other snafus this year with Winchester and blocked punts........I wanted to strangle the **** out of Dave Toub.

5 hail Patricks, 2 Fat Andys, rip your sleeves off and pour one out for Gunther.

:)

Lzen
01-14-2020, 03:32 PM
1st Quarter I Had doubts but kept them private... thank you slow server

Same here. Admittedly, I was thinking oh know, not again. But I was still holding out hope because we have Mahomes and we have seen him score a bunch of points in a short time in other games. But yeah, I was ready to fire Toub. That's twice this season that I can remember that we've had a punt blocked. Prior to this year, I can't remember when was the last time that happened. WTF is going on with your STs, Dave?