PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chris Jones is day-to-day

493rd
01-13-2020, 12:23 PM
Which means he should be good for Sunday barring a setback
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/13/andy-reid-says-chris-jones-is-day-to-day-with-calf-injury/

FloridaMan88
01-13-2020, 12:27 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Andy Reid said he&#39;s not sure Chris Jones will play against Titans. Said he wasn&#39;t close to playing against Texans. &quot;He couldn&#39;t push off,&quot; Reid said. <a href="https://t.co/S6A2IZbX7t">pic.twitter.com/S6A2IZbX7t</a></p>&mdash; Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) <a href="https://twitter.com/adamteicher/status/1216784259677069314?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 13, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

rabblerouser
01-13-2020, 12:28 PM
"Day-to-day"??

So, it depends on his spirit?

Frazod
01-13-2020, 12:30 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/XsUtdIeJ0MWMo/giphy.gif

Clyde Frog
01-13-2020, 12:32 PM
"Day-to-day"??

So, it depends on his spirit?

As long as it doesn't downgrade to hobo spirit he should be ok.

493rd
01-13-2020, 12:40 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Andy Reid said he&#39;s not sure Chris Jones will play against Titans. Said he wasn&#39;t close to playing against Texans. &quot;He couldn&#39;t push off,&quot; Reid said. <a href="https://t.co/S6A2IZbX7t">pic.twitter.com/S6A2IZbX7t</a></p>&mdash; Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) <a href="https://twitter.com/adamteicher/status/1216784259677069314?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 13, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Well shit.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-13-2020, 12:46 PM
Borgmann (former Chiefs trainer) says he expects Jones to practice in some capacity this week based on going through pregame workout: https://twitter.com/rehaballstar/status/1216784616452952064?s=21

The Franchise
01-13-2020, 12:52 PM
He’ll play.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-13-2020, 12:54 PM
Also probably important to note that Jones said last night that he will be delivering soon for the team....

fan4ever
01-13-2020, 01:00 PM
I'm just concerned about him being 100%. The talent margin in the NFL is so slim him being at 90% could make him a non-factor.

arrwheader
01-13-2020, 01:01 PM
Calf injuries are not good. Sorry but doubt he plays. Gonna have to go without.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

siberian khatru
01-13-2020, 01:01 PM
Also probably important to note that Jones said last night that he will be delivering soon for the team....

Probably meant the team's carry-out pizza order

Chief Northman
01-13-2020, 01:02 PM

Pizzas?

I kid, I kid.....

Kiimo
01-13-2020, 01:03 PM
Calf injuries can last weeks.

But also they can miraculously just like...disappear.

I hate the phrase day-to-day just like the rest of you but I think it's pretty apropos here

pugsnotdrugs19
01-13-2020, 01:06 PM
Calf injuries can last weeks.

But also they can miraculously just like...disappear.

I hate the phrase day-to-day just like the rest of you but I think it's pretty apropos here

Yeah I mean it all comes down to the severity there. I don’t think Mark Ingram’s was the type where he could have been testing it out a few days later like Jones was.

Fingers crossed... if he can’t play and we can pull through, surely he’d be good for SB.

Lzen
01-13-2020, 01:40 PM
What was the cause of this injury? Was it hoops in the locker room like some have speculated? Or was it during practice? Does anyone know for sure?

Shiver Me Timbers
01-13-2020, 02:05 PM
What was the cause of this injury? Was it hoops in the locker room like some have speculated? Or was it during practice? Does anyone know for sure?

I believe he was practicing a new sack dance

Chiefshrink
01-13-2020, 02:09 PM
If he couldn't push off it yesterday I doubt he would be worth a hoot by this Sunday. These type of injuries linger big time. At best he would be on a pitch count and might not even make it through that.

dlphg9
01-13-2020, 02:21 PM
Slap some fent patches on his calf, fill him up witb amphetamines and get him out there.

The Franchise
01-14-2020, 10:50 AM
Listening to Nate Taylor on a podcast and he made it sound like Jones has a good chance of missing this game. Didn’t think that a week was enough to fully heal and be ready to play.

nychief
01-14-2020, 10:53 AM
Anybody who has injured their calf knows...there is next to no chance of him playing anytime soon. All your leverage in the trenches comes from the ground up, powered through your calf. Really unfortunate. I guess there would be a shot a the SB, should we make it. But I wouldn't hold your breath for Sunday.

OKchiefs
01-14-2020, 10:59 AM
Best ability is availability. If he's not available in the postseason or doesn't contribute yet again then he shouldn't be expecting anything more than $15 million a year on his next contract.

arrwheader
01-14-2020, 11:10 AM
Anybody who has injured their calf knows...there is next to no chance of him playing anytime soon. All your leverage in the trenches comes from the ground up, powered through your calf. Really unfortunate. I guess there would be a shot a the SB, should we make it. But I wouldn't hold your breath for Sunday.

This. I have done it, its a tricky injury that if your not careful you can easily make it worse and you really can't do much on it. Not that I am a star athlete in great shape with access to some of the best sports injury PTs in the world but still I doubt he plays.

OKchiefs
01-14-2020, 11:13 AM
The only thing is, why were reports before the game saying they were confident he could go and now they're saying he's doubtful to go a week later? That doesn't add up to me.

stevieray
01-14-2020, 11:16 AM
he wasn't moving gingerly on the sideline.

:shrug:

JimNasium
01-14-2020, 11:22 AM
he wasn't moving gingerly on the sideline.

:shrug:

It’s Chiefsplanet bro. Everyone is an expert. I think I’ll wait for the injury reports.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-14-2020, 11:28 AM
None of us have any idea here and probably won’t until Friday. Fingers crossed that he’s ready.

Sassy Squatch
01-14-2020, 11:28 AM
We REALLY need him for this one.

RunKC
01-14-2020, 11:39 AM
I doubt he plays unfortunately. Mark Ingram injured his calf on 12/22, practiced only once and still had issues 3 weeks later.

I know not all calf injuries are the same, but this just doesn’t seem like a quick fix.

Hope that we make the Super Bowl giving him 3 weeks off and a shot to numb that mother****er up an hour before the Super Bowl.

O.city
01-14-2020, 11:40 AM
Yeah, terez wasn't optimistic on his podcast last night on 610, but it was more because of how Andy sounded.

Brooklyn
01-14-2020, 11:49 AM
if he secretly tore his achilles, we'd know, right?

RunKC
01-14-2020, 11:49 AM
We REALLY need him for this one.

I would argue that Chris Jones importance was needed far more against the Texans than the Titans. We are all aware of Chris’s struggles against the run at times, including the last game where he was one of the players directly responsible for Henry’s TD run.

We’re going to need our big boys in this one to stop the run. If we limit Henry and force this to be a Tannehill vs Mahomes game, we win by double-digits.

Chiefshrink
01-14-2020, 11:52 AM
I would argue that Chris Jones importance was needed far more against the Texans than the Titans. We are all aware of Chris’s struggles against the run at times, including the last game where he was one of the players directly responsible for Henry’s TD run.

We’re going to need our big boys in this one to stop the run. If we limit Henry and force this to be a Tannehill vs Mahomes game, we win by double-digits.

I agree but with Spags coaching everyone up and the defense starting to gel it would have been interesting to see if Jones run d had improved. Yes I am already expecting him "not to play".:huh:

Sassy Squatch
01-14-2020, 11:55 AM

Yeah. We need every single big boy we have up front just for rotation. Henry is probably going to get the ball 30+ times this game again, and our guys will inevitably get worn out. Jones missing this game will fucking hurt if it happens.

DRM08
01-14-2020, 11:58 AM
Best ability is availability. If he's not available in the postseason or doesn't contribute yet again then he shouldn't be expecting anything more than $15 million a year on his next contract.

Could be a blessing in disguise over the long term. Last thing KC needs is another dead weight massive liability contract such as Justin Houston or Eric Berry. Take the $20M from Jones’ potential salary and use it for better depth in the OL, LB, or secondary.

ThaVirus
01-14-2020, 12:02 PM

I hope you’re right but I think the beef Jones offers along with interior pass rushing ability is more valuable than any of our other defensive linemen’s skill set.

RunKC
01-14-2020, 12:08 PM
I hope you’re right but I think the beef Jones offers along with interior pass rushing ability is more valuable than any of our other defensive linemen’s skill set.

Let’s contrast the 2 matchups we had with the Titans. Which one makes you feel better if you had to choose?

4 DL with Chris Jones and Joey Ivie and Okafor at DE

Or

4 DL with Pennel, X. Williams and Suggs at DE

IMO Suggs and Pennel are HUGE additions for this game and stopping Henry.

Chief Roundup
01-14-2020, 12:20 PM
I would think the best starting DL for the Titans game would have to be Jones at DE, Pennel and Nnadi at DT and Clark at the other DE. Yes with plenty of rotation of Suggs at the DE position as well.

Chief Northman
01-14-2020, 12:27 PM

HoboSpirit - the sequel

ThaVirus
Let’s contrast the 2 matchups we had with the Titans. Which one makes you feel better if you had to choose?

4 DL with Chris Jones and Joey Ivie and Okafor at DE

Or

4 DL with Pennel, X. Williams and Suggs at DE

IMO Suggs and Pennel are HUGE additions for this game and stopping Henry.

I want a healthy Chris Jones on the field if at all possible.

I hope they're trying some 5-2 and 6-1 packages in practice this week just in case things get a little hairy. I'd think a DL of Clark-Nnadi-Pennel-Jones-Suggs would be pretty difficult to run on.

loochy

Yeah, we'd know because he wouldn't be hopping around on the sideline 3 days after injuring it.

Chief Pote
01-14-2020, 12:41 PM
Cut him if he doesn't play. No excuses.

Sassy Squatch
01-14-2020, 12:45 PM
Eh?

Chief Northman
01-14-2020, 12:47 PM
Don’t overlook the fact that the Titans are far healthier than they were when we played them last as well. Casey is back at full strength, their secondary is pretty much intact as well. They are thin right now at linebacker however, with recent injuries to Brown and some other Jag I can’t remember right off the top of my head....

kysirsoze
01-14-2020, 12:49 PM
Seems weird he'd be testing it out to possibly play last Sunday but can't go a week later, but WTF do I know.

Eleazar
01-14-2020, 12:50 PM

Like last week when he couldn't push off the leg? What good is having him out there limping?

TEX
01-14-2020, 01:05 PM
HoboSpirit - the sequel

:LOL:

JimNasium
01-14-2020, 01:10 PM
I had heard that he injured his calf at Best Buy.

Rasputin
01-14-2020, 01:11 PM
As long as he is there for playing against the 9ers in the Super Bowl we will be fine.

big nasty kcnut
01-14-2020, 01:18 PM
But aren't we all day by day aren't we all?

Kiimo
01-14-2020, 01:19 PM
existential thoughts by big nasty kc nut

Chiefspants
01-14-2020, 01:23 PM

This is the type of thought process that led to a rusty, non-game ready Eric Berry to start over a much better Jordan Lucas in the AFCCG last year (and assigned to cover Gronk, no less).

If Chris is in the position Berry was, I would vastly prefer he heal up on the sideline for this one.

PAChiefsGuy
01-14-2020, 01:28 PM
Dont listen to the day-to-day bs. He isnt playing

Kman34
01-14-2020, 01:44 PM

If we win... we might regret that..

SupDock
01-14-2020, 01:50 PM
This is the type of thought process that led to a rusty, non-game ready Eric Berry to start over a much better Jordan Lucas in the AFCCG last year (and assigned to cover Gronk, no less).

If Chris is in the position Berry was, I would vastly prefer he heal up on the sideline for this one.

You really think so? Berry sat for a very, very long time. He missed 29 of his last 32 games

chiefzilla1501
01-14-2020, 01:55 PM
Dont listen to the day-to-day bs. He isnt playing

If it's a calf injury which we know would have him sidelined, for a few weeks it seems weird to me that the Chiefs legitimately thought there was a chance he'd play. I hope that means it's not as serious as we think it is but it's still just not 100%. I'm not keeping my hopes up but I'd like to think there's still reason to be optimistic.

chiefzilla1501
01-14-2020, 01:56 PM
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/platform/amp/2020/1/14/21065495/some-insight-into-chris-jones-injury-the-calf-strain?__twitter_impression=true
For what it's worth. Arrowhead pride rehab guys write up on calf injuries.

carcosa
01-14-2020, 01:58 PM
He’ll play.

YIP

Delano
01-14-2020, 01:59 PM
I love how these fat old white dudes with couches grafted to their ass are commenting about how a world class athlete better play in the most important game of his life. I mean he’s worked his whole life for his. If he can play he will and suggesting the Chiefs cut him is asking to get sized for clown shoes.

Tonka83
01-14-2020, 02:03 PM
I love how these fat old white dudes with couches grafted to their ass are commenting about how a world class athlete better play in the most important game of his life. I mean he’s worked his whole life for his. If he can play he will and suggesting the Chiefs cut him is asking to get sized for clown shoes.
What about fat old black dudes with couches grafted to their asses. Are they allowed to comment?

Kman34
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/platform/amp/2020/1/14/21065495/some-insight-into-chris-jones-injury-the-calf-strain?__twitter_impression=true
For what it's worth. Arrowhead pride rehab guys write up on calf injuries.

After reading that I’m not optimistic at all.. if he does get on the field Sunday he more than likely won’t have that burst that he needs to defeat blockers...

carcosa

Yeah but some of those fat old white guys were on the JV bowling team in high school so they know what they're talking about

Rasputin
01-14-2020, 02:04 PM
The defense is better with Jones but the Titans can't hang with our offense and we just have to slow down Henry enough to make them kick field goals. I'll trade TD for field goals all day.

So I'm not so worried about Jones playing this week albeit would be nice I want him healthy for the Super Bowl but not to look past the Titans we have True Grit .

Delano
01-14-2020, 02:07 PM
What about fat old black dudes with couches grafted to their asses. Are they allowed to comment?

The majority demographics of this place are 40+, 250 lb+, white, goatee, bald, angry and washed up. I’m not trying to exclude anyone my dude.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-14-2020, 02:07 PM
Don’t overlook the fact that the Titans are far healthier than they were when we played them last as well. Casey is back at full strength, their secondary is pretty much intact as well. They are thin right now at linebacker however, with recent injuries to Brown and some other Jag I can’t remember right off the top of my head....

And?

JimNasium
01-14-2020, 02:08 PM
So, you’re saying that he’s lost his burst?

Delano
01-14-2020, 02:10 PM
And?

Casey beasting is a legit concern with the interior offensive line being the clear weak link on offense.

Chiefspants
01-14-2020, 02:16 PM
You really think so? Berry sat for a very, very long time. He missed 29 of his last 32 games

If Chris Jones can't "push off", I'd prefer he sit on the sideline rather than watch an interior lineman pancake him as Derrick Henry rushes in for an overtime score.

Possible he'll be better, but I do wonder if their experience with Berry last year might make them more patient before Chris Jones gets back on the field.

BigRedChief
01-14-2020, 02:29 PM
The majority demographics of this place are 40+, 250 lb+, white, goatee, bald, angry and washed up. I’m not trying to exclude anyone my dude.You forgot 4.4 times, 10 inch cock and passes on screwing a model.

notorious
01-14-2020, 02:32 PM
You forgot 4.4 times, 10 inch cock and passes on screwing a model.

I am still disappointed that we lowered the standards years ago.

Chris Meck
01-14-2020, 02:36 PM
I want a healthy Chris Jones on the field if at all possible.

I hope they're trying some 5-2 and 6-1 packages in practice this week just in case things get a little hairy. I'd think a DL of Clark-Nnadi-Pennel-Jones-Suggs would be pretty difficult to run on.

man, it's not high school football.

Tannehill is still an NFL Quarterback.

Don't be ridiculous.

Delano
01-14-2020, 02:40 PM

Don't be ridiculous.

This is where Spagnuolo’s job gets easy baby. 0 blitz all day long.

SupDock
01-14-2020, 02:41 PM
If Chris Jones can't "push off", I'd prefer he sit on the sideline rather than watch an interior lineman pancake him as Derrick Henry rushes in for an overtime score.

Possible he'll be better, but I do wonder if their experience with Berry last year might make them more patient before Chris Jones gets back on the field.

I totally agree here, I don't think that rust has anything to do with it

ThaVirus
01-14-2020, 02:43 PM

Don't be ridiculous.

The Patriots ran 6-1 in the Super Bowl against Jared Goff and won lol

Why Not?
01-14-2020, 02:48 PM
Obviously, we want Chris Jones to play. But it is funny that all year people have been all

“Chris Jones can’t play the run”

Now, with the threat of Chris Jones missing the game, it’s become:

“Oh noes, we fucked without Chris Jones to play the run”

I’m exaggerating but you get it. We’re winning this game whether we have Chris Jones, Bomani Jones, or Tom Jones.

Titty Meat
01-14-2020, 02:49 PM
The majority demographics of this place are 40+, 250 lb+, white, goatee, bald, angry and washed up. I’m not trying to exclude anyone my dude.

LMAO

rtmike
01-14-2020, 03:13 PM
Yeah, terez wasn't optimistic on his podcast last night on 610, but it was more because of how Andy sounded.

Reid mentioning cj not being able to push off is about worst case scenario. -Booger.
He may not be ready next month.
They were saying Ingram II came back too soon. What was that? 3 weeks?

suzzer99
01-14-2020, 03:45 PM
We'll know if they add DL depth this week to the active roster.

Halfcan
01-14-2020, 04:35 PM
My gut feeling is that he will play and have a great game.

Megatron96
01-14-2020, 04:39 PM

Yes, let's cut the best DT in the league not named Aaron Donald because he might be able to play this weekend. That's the smart thing to do, boys and girls.

Just cut him; don't try to get anything for him. Why would we want to get some kind of compensation for an elite pass rusher? No one values those guys, right?

And finally, we should cut him so that we could almost surely have to play against him next season. With any luck, he'd get picked up by the Raiders or the Broncos. Wouldn't that be great? That way we could vastly improve the chances that Pat takes a huge hit at least twice a season?

Tell me, should we or should we not take the advice of the inter-galactically stupid?

Duumbass dipstick. "Cut him" he says . . . how about giving the tailpipe on my truck a blowjob . . .

suzzer99
01-14-2020, 04:43 PM
I feel like we don't need him that bad vs. Titans except for depth. He's not great against the run and especially minding his gap. Opening up those big holes on HB dives are their bread and butter.

Of course once we get a lead and Tanny has to throw - then it would be nice to have him.

But if it's a chance of re-aggravating or saving for the SB I vote the latter.

TribalElder
01-14-2020, 04:58 PM
Mike Mayock is somewhere in Oakland stroking it to the thought of Chris Jones

Specifically Chris Jones junk which flopped out at the combine and sparked Mayocks love interest

pugsnotdrugs19
01-14-2020, 05:10 PM
I hate to say it but I just think it’s going to be really tough for Jones to play Sunday if he couldn’t push off of it just this past Sunday... I hope I’m wrong here but part of me thinks it’s best for us to just expect him to be out.

suzzer99
01-14-2020, 05:16 PM
First practice report is tomorrow?

Kman34
01-14-2020, 06:12 PM
Obviously, we want Chris Jones to play. But it is funny that all year people have been all

“Chris Jones can’t play the run”

Now, with the threat of Chris Jones missing the game, it’s become:

“Oh noes, we fucked without Chris Jones to play the run”

I’m exaggerating but you get it. We’re winning this game whether we have Chris Jones, Bomani Jones, or Tom Jones

This could work... Tom Jones singing "What's new Pussycat" could annoy and confuse the offensive line of the Tits so our linebackers can make plays...

BigRedChief
01-14-2020, 06:14 PM
First practice report is tomorrow?No idea but saw an advertisement for the conference championship press conferences taking place tomorrow.

Hammock Parties
01-14-2020, 06:18 PM
we don't need him

this team couldn't stop our offense in Tennessee, they damn sure won't stop it in arrowhead

it doesn't matter what Henry does in this game, Mahomes will burn him right down

only Aaron Rodgers can stop this team

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
01-14-2020, 06:19 PM
James Palmer said that he talked to Jones and Jones says he expects to play Sunday

pugsnotdrugs19
01-14-2020, 06:21 PM
James Palmer said that he talked to Jones and Jones says he expects to play Sunday

That’s great, I’ll just believe it when I see it...

I don’t see how he could have any idea if he ‘couldn’t push off’ just two days ago...

Chief Northman
01-14-2020, 06:21 PM

Link or GTFO.

Or something like that.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-14-2020, 06:24 PM
Link or GTFO.

Or something like that.

It’s on this page: http://www.nfl.com/videos/kansas-city-chiefs

Turns out he told Palmer that after the game Sunday, so it seems more like hope on Jones’ end than anything. Fingers crossed.

ChiefRocka
01-14-2020, 06:31 PM
we don't need him

this team couldn't stop our offense in Tennessee, they damn sure won't stop it in arrowhead

it doesn't matter what Henry does in this game, Mahomes will burn him right down

only Aaron Rodgers can stop this team

Aaron’s gay porn stache doesn’t want it enough

tmax63
01-14-2020, 06:31 PM
What the fuck do you think he'd say, "my calf's pretty sore and I can't push off so I might be back if we get to the SB"

MahiMike
01-14-2020, 06:33 PM
I doubt he plays unfortunately. Mark Ingram injured his calf on 12/22, practiced only once and still had issues 3 weeks later.

I know not all calf injuries are the same, but this just doesn’t seem like a quick fix.

Hope that we make the Super Bowl giving him 3 weeks off and a shot to numb that mother****er up an hour before the Super Bowl.

I've never even heard of calf injuries until the last 2 weeks.

thabear04
01-14-2020, 06:42 PM
Seem he will be ready he was jumping up and down when Chiefs scored.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-14-2020, 06:51 PM
Seem he will be ready he was jumping up and down when Chiefs scored.

That makes me feel better... certainly not something that Mark Ingram would have been doing a couple days after his injury.

Titty Meat
01-14-2020, 06:53 PM
What's the verdict on Jones vs the run? He seemed to be a liability most of his career vs the run.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-14-2020, 06:56 PM
What's the verdict on Jones vs the run? He seemed to be a liability most of his career vs the run.

I think he’s a good run player at this point. He’s been splitting doubles pretty frequently. He can be moved when a good double is put on him but overall, good I’d say.

And he’d be nice to have this week cause he could knife through the line and cause Henry to have to move more laterally, which is obviously not what he’s looking to do.

AussieChiefsFan
01-14-2020, 06:58 PM
Is this still the locker room basketball injury??

Sent from my SM-G9730 using Tapatalk

Chief Northman
01-14-2020, 07:00 PM

I think the knock on Jones against the run has been based more out of scheme discipline than physicality or an ability to tackle. In other words, he gets lazy and take shortcuts to the least path of resistance instead of continuing to work to fill his gap assignment and do his job, so that others can make plays.

RetiredSeniorChief
01-14-2020, 08:55 PM

I had a calf get injured once, it never did recover, so I had to turn it into veal.

scho63
01-14-2020, 09:33 PM
He better not have a Hagland's Calf.

Chief Northman
01-14-2020, 09:36 PM
He better not have a Hagland's Calf.

Jokes aside, calf injuries are precursors to a potential Achilles tear. As pissed off as this development has made me, it would be terrible if Jones rushed back to action only to have his Achilles snap because he wasn’t rehabbed properly.

Rasputin
01-14-2020, 09:39 PM

When you have a calf injury its best to put it down and make veal out of it.

dlphg9
01-14-2020, 09:56 PM
I think the knock on Jones against the run has been based more out of scheme discipline than physicality or an ability to tackle. In other words, he gets lazy and take shortcuts to the least path of resistance instead of continuing to work to fill his gap assignment and do his job, so that others can make plays.

Show me some plays where he was lazy or stop talking out of your ass. Chris Jones is double teamed more than most every other d lineman in the league. The "he's a liability against the run" is a bunch of bullshit that a few retards on here spew because they don't want to resign him and he's so good at rushing the passer they had to make something up. Fucking idiots

Chief Northman
01-14-2020, 10:04 PM
Show me some plays where he was lazy or stop talking out of your ass. Chris Jones is double teamed more than most every other d lineman in the league. The "he's a liability against the run" is a bunch of bullshit that a few retards on here spew because they don't want to resign him and he's so good at rushing the passer they had to make something up. ****ing idiots

Yeah, no. You can shelf your tough guy routine.

Guys like Nick Jacobs and Seth Keysor have broken down a ton of film over the past couple of seasons that highlight both good and bad plays by all phases of this Chiefs team. There is evidence of Jones cheating his assignment to try to make a big splash play with gap penetration, when he should be gap squeezing to force ball carriers to his help but instead he creates vertical seams for running backs to cut back through. No player is perfect, but I watch film and have coached long enough to tell you that Brendan Daly was the best thing to happen to Chris Jones, in getting him to buy in and be a better “team” player on the D line.

Naptown Chief
01-14-2020, 10:07 PM
I had a calf get injured once, it never did recover, so I had to turn it into veal.

Heh. I laughed harder than I should have.

BWillie
01-14-2020, 10:30 PM
Chris Jones is replaceable. I would not pay him. He's a great player, but dollars spent would be more valuable going elsewhere. At this point, coverage is money ball. Pay some safeties & hybrid LBs, great CBs and call it a day.

Eleazar
01-14-2020, 10:36 PM
Show me some plays where he was lazy or stop talking out of your ass. Chris Jones is double teamed more than most every other d lineman in the league. The "he's a liability against the run" is a bunch of bullshit that a few retards on here spew because they don't want to resign him and he's so good at rushing the passer they had to make something up. ****ing idiots

The guy is our best defensive player for several years, but the first time he picks up an injury a bunch of CPers who look like the nutri-system ‘before’ pictures decide that he’s just a wimp

pugsnotdrugs19
01-14-2020, 10:45 PM
Chris Jones is replaceable. I would not pay him. He's a great player, but dollars spent would be more valuable going elsewhere. At this point, coverage is money ball. Pay some safeties & hybrid LBs, great CBs and call it a day.

Hmmm... you could argue that all of the remaining teams are very stout at the LOS defensively. And they all have solid or better secondaries too...

You need it all to some degree to make it this far. Unless you have an all time elite offense like KC posted last year.

RunKC
01-14-2020, 11:33 PM
Jokes aside, calf injuries are precursors to a potential Achilles tear. As pissed off as this development has made me, it would be terrible if Jones rushed back to action only to have his Achilles snap because he wasn’t rehabbed properly.

According to our former rehab man, this is not true:

While everyone always assumes that a calf strain can lead to Achilles injuries/rupture, the research actually points to the fact that very few people ever have calf or Achilles pain prior to a rupture. It happens, but it is much rarer than people that don’t have pain.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Some insight into Chris Jones’ injury: the calf strain (via <a href="https://twitter.com/RehabAllStar?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@RehabAllStar</a>) <a href="https://t.co/LSmnJvZkpo">https://t.co/LSmnJvZkpo</a></p>&mdash; Arrowhead Pride (@ArrowheadPride) <a href="https://twitter.com/ArrowheadPride/status/1217127387831271425?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 14, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Chargem
01-15-2020, 01:45 AM
And he’d be nice to have this week cause he could knife through the line and cause Henry to have to move more laterally, which is obviously not what he’s looking to do.

This is exactly what I was thinking.

BigRedChief
01-15-2020, 06:51 AM
It’s on this page: http://www.nfl.com/videos/kansas-city-chiefs

Turns out he told Palmer that after the game Sunday, so it seems more like hope on Jones’ end than anything. Fingers crossed.If he cant push off or hold his ground, then he's a liability. He should do what is best for the team.

Chris Meck
01-15-2020, 06:55 AM
A) Jones is a great player.
B)We need all hands on deck, especially on the defensive line rotation.
C)Henry is a fucking load.
D)Ain't no next week if we don't take care of business.
E)If Jones wants to get paid, he's gonna have to show up.

Why Not?
01-15-2020, 07:46 AM
This could work... Tom Jones singing "What's new Pussycat" could annoy and confuse the offensive line of the Tits so our linebackers can make plays...

LOL.

DaFace
01-15-2020, 10:52 AM
Sounds like they aren't expecting him to practice much this week. I'm gonna guess that he doesn't play.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/platform/amp/2020/1/15/21067188/report-chris-jones-likely-wont-do-much-ahead-of-afc-title-game

notorious
01-15-2020, 10:55 AM
He better rape the world in the Superbowl if he want to play here next year.

Chiefshrink
01-15-2020, 10:58 AM
Yeah, no. You can shelf your tough guy routine.

Guys like Nick Jacobs and Seth Keysor have broken down a ton of film over the past couple of seasons that highlight both good and bad plays by all phases of this Chiefs team. There is evidence of Jones cheating his assignment to try to make a big splash play with gap penetration, when he should be gap squeezing to force ball carriers to his help but instead he creates vertical seams for running backs to cut back through. No player is perfect, but I watch film and have coached long enough to tell you that Brendan Daly was the best thing to happen to Chris Jones, in getting him to buy in and be a better “team” player on the D line.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Nailed It !!

Chiefshrink
01-15-2020, 11:01 AM

He probably won't. Calf injuries are a bugger boo PERIOD. He doesn't play this W/E and might be on a pitch count in the SB 'at best' and a good chance he doesn't even make it through the pitch count IMHO.:shrug:

The Franchise
01-15-2020, 11:02 AM
He probably won't. Calf injuries are a bugger boo PERIOD. He doesn't play this W/E and might be on a pitch count in the SB 'at best' and a good chance he doesn't even make it through the pitch count IMHO.:shrug:

That would be 5 weeks worth of rest. He would play in the SB.

Sassy Squatch
01-15-2020, 11:03 AM
If this injury is because of what's rumored he's done with the Chiefs.

notorious
01-15-2020, 11:03 AM

Goodbye. He’s good, but a non factor when we need our horses the most.

Kman34
01-15-2020, 11:11 AM
If he does play I think the Tits run right at him and without being fully healthy he’s a liability...

smithandrew051
01-15-2020, 11:13 AM
If this injury is because of what's rumored he's done with the Chiefs.

Agreed. Reid knows the truth (whatever that is).

If he really is going to miss the AFC playoffs because he fucked around playing basketball after practice, then tag and trade. Get as much as you can from some shit NFC team. Let them pay him.

It was already debatable whether or not we should pay him. An argument could be made for either.

How Reid/Veach handle this will tell us plenty.

Hydrae
01-15-2020, 11:15 AM

I'll just leave this here:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QnkrL42R7gk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kman34
01-15-2020, 11:29 AM
I'll just leave this here:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QnkrL42R7gk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ROFL.., Yeah.. that’s were I got the idea..

pugsnotdrugs19
01-15-2020, 11:31 AM
So it sure doesn’t sound like he’s playing based on the Carrington tweet.

ModSocks
01-15-2020, 11:42 AM

I never expected him too. He couldn't push off last week. That's not a leap you generally make in a week.

JimNasium
01-15-2020, 12:00 PM
ROFL.., Yeah.. that’s were I got the idea..

I missed it. What’s the Twitter handle?

Bowser
01-15-2020, 12:01 PM

I mean it isn't like Derrick Henry is coming to town or anything.

:facepalm:

chiefforlife
01-15-2020, 12:16 PM
Chris Jones did NOT practice today.

Sassy Squatch
01-15-2020, 12:21 PM
He wouldn't even be useful on a pitch count on Sunday if we're running a different front. No time to practice it.

Pitt Gorilla
01-15-2020, 12:25 PM
Chris Jones did NOT practice today.

He really shouldn’t.

Eleazar
01-15-2020, 12:25 PM

If he really is going to miss the AFC playoffs because he ****ed around playing basketball after practice, then tag and trade. Get as much as you can from some shit NFC team. Let them pay him.

It was already debatable whether or not we should pay him. An argument could be made for either.

Good lord people

PAChiefsGuy
01-15-2020, 12:55 PM

I already told you guys he isn't playing. Trust me on this.

nychief
01-15-2020, 12:56 PM
He no good.

loochy
01-15-2020, 01:03 PM
He no good.

No, he good?

Marcellus
01-15-2020, 01:06 PM

If he really is going to miss the AFC playoffs because he ****ed around playing basketball after practice, then tag and trade. Get as much as you can from some shit NFC team. Let them pay him.

I thought this had already been put to rest and he was hurt in practice, did I miss something or are people still making shit up?

ChiefRocka
01-15-2020, 01:22 PM
You don't let an interior pass rusher that consistently gets pressure go because of a freak accident playing Nerf basketball (debatable if it went down that way).

Pay him, draft a cover Linebacker and the Defense will be just fine under Spags.

SAGA45
01-15-2020, 01:26 PM
I thought this had already been put to rest and he was hurt in practice, did I miss something or are people still making shit up?

Its possible its not made up and that the practice story is for optics and not having to deal with a huge ongoing distraction during the playoffs.

Marcellus
01-15-2020, 01:35 PM
Its possible its not made up and that the practice story is for optics and not having to deal with a huge ongoing distraction during the playoffs.

Anything is possible but that would mean this is a lie from Mellinger -

First, Chris Jones did not injure himself playing basketball. A source I’ve known for years and who has never lied to me (and, in fact, who has corrected others who’ve lied to me) offered an emphatic denial of the Internet rumor. Jones’ calf was hurt during Thursday’s practice. It’s awful luck, and worse timing.

Second, yes, absolutely, that basketball hoop needs to go. This has nothing to do with Jones. I’ve thought this all season. I’m all for guys being able to blow off steam, and there’s some genuine team building that can happen around that hoop. But the games have slowly moved from shooting around to H-O-R-S-E to friendly one-on-one to heated two-on-two.

Once, earlier in the season, Marcus Kemp went flying into a wall. On another day, a tile fell from the ceiling, crashing to the ground directly in front of Mecole Hardman’s locker.

Give them a ping pong table. Or pool. Corn hole. Pop-a-shot. Whatever.

But this hoop has been a bad idea for a long time.

And not a single credible source has disputed it and literally NOBODY in national media is covering it.

Kiimo
01-15-2020, 01:36 PM
Petro never said he was for sure hurt during bball and even he doesn't believe it happened in the game anymore

Stinger
01-15-2020, 01:42 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">On Chris Jones’ calf, the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> won’t know if he can injury himself more by playing and they’re not putting him in that position. It is not a pain thing. It’s whether Jones can play to a certain ability is what they’re looking at. Jones will not practice today.</p>&mdash; James Palmer (@JamesPalmerTV) <a href="https://twitter.com/JamesPalmerTV/status/1217527784509247488?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 15, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

suzzer99
01-15-2020, 02:35 PM
That tweet makes no sense. Is it a further injury risk or a play to a certain ability thing?

TinyEvel
01-15-2020, 02:57 PM
I say shoot him up with horse cocaine and put a helmet on him. We need to win. :D

suzzer99
01-15-2020, 02:59 PM
The way they're talking I'll be shocked if he plays Sunday.

siberian khatru
01-15-2020, 03:01 PM
Petro never said he was for sure hurt during bball and even he doesn't believe it happened in the game anymore

Yeah, he backed away from that yesterday and said he accepts that it happened in the next-to-last snap in practice. He also said that Nate Taylor has a different recollection -- he remembers the game continuing after Jones went down, while Petro thinks it never resumed.

Kiimo
I say shoot him up with horse cocaine and put a helmet on him. We need to win. :D

Out of curiosity where can I find horse cocaine

BigRedChief
0Sounds like they aren't expecting him to practice much this week. I'm gonna guess that he doesn't play.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/platform/amp/2020/1/15/21067188/report-chris-jones-likely-wont-do-much-ahead-of-afc-title-gameThose calf injuries can take some time to heal. Especially when you need that calf to push off 300 lb men.

wheeler08
01-15-2020, 03:36 PM
Maybe if there’s risk of worse injury if he plays, maybe they shelve him to don’t hurt trade value?

wheeler08
01-15-2020, 03:37 PM
Veech should have a good idea right now if he really wants to keep Jones or tag and trade. If he really wants to tag and trade him, and there’s risk of reinjury, then he’s done for year

staylor26
01-15-2020, 03:43 PM
Veech should have a good idea right now if he really wants to keep Jones or tag and trade. If he really wants to tag and trade him, and there’s risk of reinjury, then he’s done for year

Lol wut?

The Chiefs aren’t going to hold Chris Jones out of the SB because of “risk of reinjury”. The injury won’t even be a factor by the time the tag and trade could occur. Wtf?

pugsnotdrugs19
01-15-2020, 03:44 PM
Maybe if there’s risk of worse injury if he plays, maybe they shelve him to don’t hurt trade value?

Fuck that.

If they don’t win the Super Bowl, then what’s the point? As long as he can help then win, he needs to play.

staylor26
01-15-2020, 03:46 PM
Easily on of the dumbest takes I’ve seen on CP

LMAO

Titty Meat
01-15-2020, 03:50 PM
Damn calfs are tricky Ingraham wasnt the same in the playoffs. Say we win this weekend though he would have had about 3 weeks to recover since injuring it...

wheeler08
01-15-2020, 04:01 PM
I’m not saying hold him out. If he can play, it’s helps his stock and the teams. But if he’s not 100%, you don’t think both parties involved will make a business decision? No different than Trevor Lawrence possibly sitting out next season

pugsnotdrugs19
01-15-2020, 04:08 PM
I don’t think this one is quite like Ingram. He couldn’t walk when his happened, it looked like he’d blown an Achilles.

Jones’ was called a ‘tweak’ — and he was jumping around on it just a couple days after it happened. Idk what Palmer means when he says that pain isn’t a problem, but yeah. I get this feeling that they’re planning on not having him this week. Sucks.

RINGLEADER
01-15-2020, 05:07 PM
One you PS wizards needs to whip up a shot of Chris Jones in the Bacta tank from Empire...

FloridaMan88
07-14-2020, 06:15 PM
Looks like everything worked out okay.