PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Heading to the game

frozenchief
01-14-2020, 11:53 PM
I’ve got a couple of buddies that went to Super Bowls for their respective teams. Both said that it was worth it, but that the SB is a really corporate event. One friend described it as being similar to the Kentucky Derby: lots of people there who know nothing about racing but have enough money they want to see and be seen. But both said that they were glad they went to the game.

After Sunday’s victory, I figured that the championship game would be more about fans and less about corporate visibility, and I got tickets for my son and me. I figured it would be cheaper and it is at Arrowhead. So, we are coming down from Alaska and are going to be in Arrowhead to root on the Chiefs. I just have a feeling about this year. Now, I could be wrong, but this just feels like their year in a way the last few have not. And I want to root on the Chiefs to the SB.

So I have a few questions:

1. What’s the best way to deal with parking? Buy a pass before getting to the game? Getting a life through a z-ticket operator? Last game I got a town car, which wasn’t an issue because there were about 6 people and we all split the cost. No DUI. No navigating, etc. But this is just my son and me. I’m leaning to just getting a pass and dealing with the traffic.

2. How early should I get there? I’m staying down in JoCo (I lived near JCCC when I lived in KC) and I’m figuring on leaving about 10:30. I figure that puts me near the gate about 11:30 and close to inside about noon. Am i way off? Earlier? Later? Any advice on times? I’d like to check out some of the exhibits and see the stadium a bit before the game and make sure I’m there a couple of hours before the game.

3. Anybody going to be on club level? I’m in §217. I like a little elevation so I can see (probably comes from watching a lot of hockey games) and this is a corner section, but doesn’t rape me on prices. Plus there’s a lounge right there so if view is too bad, I can see the game on monitors.

4. I’m not worried about weather. My cold weather gear isn’t chiefs gear, but will keep me warm. So far it looks like temps in the 20s. That is warmer than where I’ve been so I should be good.

And Go Chiefs!

Strongside
01-14-2020, 11:57 PM
1: buy before the game, it’s cheaper.

2: If you want to tailgate, get there as early as possible. If not, the times you listed are fine.

frozenchief
01-14-2020, 11:58 PM
1: buy before the game, it’s cheaper.

2: If you want to tailgate, get there as early as possible. If not, the times you listed are fine.

Is there a dedicated CP tailgate group? I’d Get there earlier to tailgate if I knew who to tailgate with.

big nasty kcnut
01-15-2020, 12:23 AM
You get a uber so you can get there early so you can walk around and mingle before the game.

KChiefsQT
01-15-2020, 12:26 AM
When we flew in to the Ravens game earlier this year...
1. We used ztrip & it was super convenient. Drops you off right in between Kaufman & Arrowhead. The line for ride after game was about 30-45 minutes but no biggie.
2 We got there 4 hours before kick off & went to the Lot J tailgate. They have a great thing going on there. Food is free (donations welcome), live dj & great people!

comochiefsfan
01-15-2020, 01:17 AM
If you’re only going for the game and not necessarily to tailgate, the Adam’s Mark across the highway is my go to spot to park. Much cheaper prices than the lot and it’s not much of a further walk to the Stadium, or the lots for that matter if you’re going to someone else’s tailgate.

Lzen
01-21-2020, 09:22 AM
Here's a pic of frozenchief and his son at our tailgate. Always a great time meeting new Chiefs fans. Glad you guys joined us. And glad the Chiefs made it worth your while.

frozenchief
01-21-2020, 11:15 PM
Here's a pic of frozenchief and his son at our tailgate. Always a great time meeting new Chiefs fans. Glad you guys joined us. And glad the Chiefs made it worth your while.

It was great to meet you. I would love to meet more CPers. The Chiefs were great, but meeting you and your friends and having a great Arrowhead tailgate experience made the trip. I told my son that Sunday was one of the best days of my life. Made the game, met great KC fans, Chiefs went to SB. What more could you want?

Thanks again to you and your friends. And tell Ray that when Mahomes made that final kneel-down, I thought of him. There were a couple of guys next to me who were glassy-eyed. And there was certainly dust in the air for me. I imagine there was for Ray as well.

Chiefs Kingdom, baby. Chiefs Kingdom.

Lzen
01-22-2020, 07:59 AM
It was great to meet you. I would love to meet more CPers. The Chiefs were great, but meeting you and your friends and having a great Arrowhead tailgate experience made the trip. I told my son that Sunday was one of the best days of my life. Made the game, met great KC fans, Chiefs went to SB. What more could you want?

Thanks again to you and your friends. And tell Ray that when Mahomes made that final kneel-down, I thought of him. There were a couple of guys next to me who were glassy-eyed. And there was certainly dust in the air for me. I imagine there was for Ray as well.

Chiefs Kingdom, baby. Chiefs Kingdom.

I don't know about Ray but there definitely was a bit of dust in my eyes. :deevee:

We had a post game tailgate celebration with champagne and cupcakes. It was such a happy night. :)