PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chris Simms: How can Mahomes, Henry be stopped?

Tribal Warfare
01-15-2020, 10:37 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/F1IqoKXPKBc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mallrat
01-15-2020, 10:39 PM
Neither one can, it'll be up to who has the ball last.

Abba-Dabba
01-15-2020, 10:41 PM
Let me guess, he takes the titans.

St. Patty's Fire
01-15-2020, 10:48 PM
Let me guess, he takes the titans.

It’s a really good analysis of the matchups for both sides. He doesn’t predict a winner in this video, he just breaks down some plays from the last game.

TribalElder
01-15-2020, 10:55 PM
So last time we played we were without Jones and Pennel

This time we should have Pennel + Suggs and maybe Jones

I'm hoping the Defense can stop the run and force Tannehill to throw the ball to HoneyBadger

chiefzilla1501
01-15-2020, 10:58 PM

I'm hoping the Defense can stop the run and force Tannehill to throw the ball to HoneyBadger

Thornhill may also be kind of a liability in games like these. And I don't see Ragland getting only 17 snaps. We'll hopefully be a much bigger lineup this time around.

The Franchise
01-15-2020, 11:03 PM
The Titans offense is literally try and use the passing game to get ahead, or keep it even, in the first half and then pound the ball with Henry in the 2nd half. A

If our offense plays like they did against the Texans.....then the Titans have no chance.

Imon Yourside
01-15-2020, 11:12 PM

I rewatched this and pretty sure Jones played the entire game.

We were up 5 lining up for a fg with less than 2 minutes left. Should have scored the fg then even if the Titans score Mahomes had us setup for a 52 yarder to tie/win it. FG team really blew chunks or it was an easy victory. Also Could have gone for it on 4th and 1 and put the game away in that situation.

Mahomes was rusty being his first game back I don't see him missing those long pass plays he did the first time around.

TribalElder
01-16-2020, 12:01 AM
I rewatched this and pretty sure Jones played the entire game.

We were up 5 lining up for a fg with less than 2 minutes left. Should have scored the fg then even if the Titans score Mahomes had us setup for a 52 yarder to tie/win it. FG team really blew chunks or it was an easy victory. Also Could have gone for it on 4th and 1 and put the game away in that situation.

Mahomes was rusty being his first game back I don't see him missing those long pass plays he did the first time around.

You are absolutely right, I'm misinformed regarding Jones
https://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=401127981

carcosa
01-16-2020, 12:31 AM
Neither one can, it'll be up to who has the ball last.

lol

Chiefs are going to win by at least two scores.

JD10367
01-16-2020, 01:21 AM
Put 8 or 9 men in the box. Do not allow Henry to run. Force Tannehill to throw to his WRs for 500 yards and 5 TDs. Because Mahomes can match that score for score, and I don’t think Tanny can do it.

BlackOp
01-16-2020, 01:33 AM
A few timely holding calls will end Henry's dominance. Just ask JD10367...his team won 6 rings with the refs making calls at the right time. *replays AFCCG vs. the Jags*

Soooo, the real question is...which QB is less marketable...Bortles or Tannehill?

Megatron96
01-16-2020, 01:46 AM
Put 8 or 9 men in the box. Do not allow Henry to run. Force Tannehill to throw to his WRs for 500 yards and 5 TDs. Because Mahomes can match that score for score, and I don’t think Tanny can do it.

That is exactly what we don't want to do. That's the exact thing TEN is waiting for. They run and run and run, draw the defense into committing 8 guys into the box, then go play-action over the top. It's the only way they get chunk plays, the only way their passing attack works at all. That's what they did to us the first game, and what they did to the Ravens. Drew them into committing 8 guys into the box and then threw over them for that TD and that 50 yard completion.

Our front-7 has to get into alignment correctly, try to get penetration, and be very disciplined in their rush lanes. Henry gets those big runs off of defenses over-committing to one side and then he cuts back and attacks the weak side backer/DE. Makes that guy miss and then he's off to the races with just a safety and/or a corner in front of him.

Our D has to be patient. Set the edge. Force the run back into the teeth of our DL. Yeah, he going to get a lot of 4 and 5 yard runs. We have to live with that. Sooner or later if we stay patient, we'll stop him for 1-3 yards and then we can get them into a 3rd-and-long. Then we have them at a disadvantage every time. Rush Tannehill and make him throw under pressure and off-time/off-platform. He's really average under those circumstances.

And we don't have to do it for the whole game. If we can generate some stops early, and score TDs on our ensuing drives, we can get a 17 point lead or so and force them into having to pass on every down. And then we win easily, because they can't do that.

And guys, I think we can do all of that. In our first meeting, our defense, as screwed up as they played at times, only allowed TEN four scoring drives. They punted 5 times. On the other possession, we got a strip sack.

And through these playoffs it's been the same story. They only score on about 3-4 possessions. Against the Pats they only scored offensively twice. And couldn't do anything offensively in the second half. In that game, in spite of Henry running for 180 yards, he only scored one TD. ONE. Not 2 or 3 or 4, as you might expect after running for 182 yards. One.

And they turn the ball over a coupe times a game. Usually a INT and a fumble (strip sack). They're almost as regular as Old Faithful in that department.

Dollars to donuts says that Spags has already looked at that Pats game film and figured out how Bill kept them from scoring at all in the second half, and he's using whatever he can from that tape to do the same thing.

The Titans score twice. Maybe even three times. But Andy turns Pat loose and we score 4 or 5 or 6 TDs. Game over.

Tribal Warfare
01-16-2020, 02:22 AM
The Titans offense is literally try and use the passing game to get ahead, or keep it even, in the first half and then pound the ball with Henry in the 2nd half. A

If our offense plays like they did against the Texans.....then the Titans have no chance.

The Chiefs Special Teams are looking for revenge

Titty Meat
01-16-2020, 02:43 AM
I'm not sure either can but with Henry its pretty damn predictable. Most of his success was up the middle in the 4 games I watched tonight.

A common theme I've seen in all 4 games is the Titans defense 1. Doesnt get alot of pressure with their front 4, Kelce & Cook had alot of success against their defense, Running backs had a ton of success catching the ball out of the backfield against their defense, They struggle with speed WR's both Hill & Thomas owned them. Hollywood Brown would have too if he had a QB who could throw. Also the Saints, Chiefs and Pats screened the fuck out of their defense with a lot of success. In 2 of the 4 games I watched they won the turnover battle but it's weird the only time they got consistent pressure was when they blitzed with a linebacker but their turnovers came on fluke tipped balls. Pat threw for 446 on them, Damien Williams averaged 4.1 YPC, Brees thrw for 280 and 3 TDs, Kamara who wasnt even good this year ran for 7.7 YPC and had 2 TDs, The putrid Patriots offense RB's combined for 10 catches 112 yards catching the ball out of the backfield. Even Lamar Jackson for as bad as he was threw for 355 on them and Lamar ran for almost 150 against them.

T-post Tom
01-16-2020, 03:53 AM
The front seven on defense need to have better pre-snap alignment and pre-snap reads than they had in the first matchup. I suspect that they will and that Henry will not have nearly as good a game as he did in the first matchup.

oldman
01-16-2020, 09:25 AM
The key is for our front 7 to stay in their lanes. Don't let Henry get a full head of steam because very few CB/S are going to even slow him down. Take them out of their running game and play action by scoring on the 1st couple of drives. Tannehill can't keep up with Mahomes.

threebag
01-16-2020, 10:21 AM
35 is going to take one to the house for 6

Dunerdr
01-16-2020, 10:22 AM
he sounds like the whitest person ever pronouncing our big sexy defensive linemens names at the end.

Shaid
01-16-2020, 10:22 AM
That is exactly what we don't want to do. That's the exact thing TEN is waiting for. They run and run and run, draw the defense into committing 8 guys into the box, then go play-action over the top. It's the only way they get chunk plays, the only way their passing attack works at all. That's what they did to us the first game, and what they did to the Ravens. Drew them into committing 8 guys into the box and then threw over them for that TD and that 50 yard completion.

Our front-7 has to get into alignment correctly, try to get penetration, and be very disciplined in their rush lanes. Henry gets those big runs off of defenses over-committing to one side and then he cuts back and attacks the weak side backer/DE. Makes that guy miss and then he's off to the races with just a safety and/or a corner in front of him.

Our D has to be patient. Set the edge. Force the run back into the teeth of our DL. Yeah, he going to get a lot of 4 and 5 yard runs. We have to live with that. Sooner or later if we stay patient, we'll stop him for 1-3 yards and then we can get them into a 3rd-and-long. Then we have them at a disadvantage every time. Rush Tannehill and make him throw under pressure and off-time/off-platform. He's really average under those circumstances.

And we don't have to do it for the whole game. If we can generate some stops early, and score TDs on our ensuing drives, we can get a 17 point lead or so and force them into having to pass on every down. And then we win easily, because they can't do that.

And guys, I think we can do all of that. In our first meeting, our defense, as screwed up as they played at times, only allowed TEN four scoring drives. They punted 5 times. On the other possession, we got a strip sack.

And through these playoffs it's been the same story. They only score on about 3-4 possessions. Against the Pats they only scored offensively twice. And couldn't do anything offensively in the second half. In that game, in spite of Henry running for 180 yards, he only scored one TD. ONE. Not 2 or 3 or 4, as you might expect after running for 182 yards. One.

And they turn the ball over a coupe times a game. Usually a INT and a fumble (strip sack). They're almost as regular as Old Faithful in that department.

Dollars to donuts says that Spags has already looked at that Pats game film and figured out how Bill kept them from scoring at all in the second half, and he's using whatever he can from that tape to do the same thing.

The Titans score twice. Maybe even three times. But Andy turns Pat loose and we score 4 or 5 or 6 TDs. Game over.

I agree with all of this.