PDA

View Full Version : Tickets An idea: CP ticket giveaway

DaFace
01-16-2020, 09:36 PM
Seeing stevieray get a ticket to the game (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=14724790#post14724790) kind of warms the cockles of my heart, so I'm wondering if others would like to team up to do a little more.

I know we've got a lot of guys on here who would like to go to the game but don't feel like dropping $250+ per person is do-able. On the other hand, it wouldn't take much for people to chip in and try to get someone there who wouldn't otherwise be able to go.

So the concept:

From now until Saturday evening, I'll collect donations from people who think this is a cool idea.
Suggested donation is $25. If people want to do more than that, they're welcome to. This thread is just to gauge interest so don't start sending me anything!
If we get at least 25 people say they'd be willing to donate in the poll, we'll do it. Once we're officially doing it, people can PayPal me (or if anyone has a better idea of how to do it more transparently, I'm open) to donate.
I'll also collect names in the poll for people would like to be considered. I'll pick a winner (or winners) completely randomly among those who entered - no popularity contests. Restricted to people with 500+ posts or 5+ years.
On Saturday evening, we'll close it down. Assuming we did indeed get enough to buy a pair of tickets, we buy the best pair of tickets we can for the money we received. If we receive enough to buy 4 tickets (even cheap seats), we give out two pairs - again, the best that the money can buy. And if this happens to go nuts, we'll figure out the balance between quantity and quality.
The only requirement for the winner(s) is that they have to have a great time and post pictures.

So...anyone in? It's OK if this crashes and burns, so be honest. I'll put up a poll, but PLEASE don't click "Yes" unless you're committed to sending $25 in the next 48 hours.

(The poll is anonymous because I don't want anyone to feel pressured or singled out, but I'll be able to look at the names on the backend to make sure no one is trolling and to get the list of entries.)

Suggestions also welcome.

Pushead2
01-16-2020, 09:39 PM
I'll donate for sure.

DaFace
01-16-2020, 09:41 PM
I'll note that a key component of all of this is that you're trusting me with the money, so if that's an issue, don't donate. :)

Boise_Chief
01-16-2020, 09:54 PM
I'm in, I am watching the ticket thread enjoying watching people being able to go. I wish I could go but my brothers can't swing it and I want to go to my next game with them. Plus my last trip to arrowhead was kind of a shit show with travel and lodging messing up George's awesome seats. I still had a great time but next time I'd like to plan it with more time

BWillie
01-16-2020, 09:54 PM
Great idea. But I will donate nothing. This much I assure you. I'm a heartless bastard. I will live vicariously through the lucky bastard that gets to go, though. Must post thread about experience, obviously.

DaFace
01-16-2020, 09:58 PM
I think I'll make the deadline for a go/no go decision 6pm tomorrow night and the deadline for people to "enter" 6pm on Saturday. And I suppose it's also important that people want to enter to win this thing too. ROFL

hometeam
01-16-2020, 10:01 PM
In years past i was able to give away a bunch of tickets. Best thing about it is I got to do stuff like get guys who hadnt been to a game ever, or in 20+ years, spots to the game.

If you get it going I will donate for it.

DaFace
01-16-2020, 10:03 PM
In years past i was able to give away a bunch of tickets. Best thing about it is I got to do stuff like get guys who hadnt been to a game ever, or in 20+ years, spots to the game.

If you get it going I will donate for it.

Yeah, that's kind of what I'm hoping for. For a game this big, it'd be kind of fun to see someone's experience who hasn't been in a while.

That said, anyone's welcome to "enter" regardless of the circumstances.

IA_Chiefs_fan
01-16-2020, 10:50 PM
Sure, I'd donate $25.

Shiver Me Timbers
01-16-2020, 10:55 PM
In

DaFace
01-16-2020, 10:57 PM
Heh. I suppose there's also a caveat that people want to enter. Thus far we have no one.

Rain Man
01-16-2020, 10:59 PM
Heh. I suppose there's also a caveat that people want to enter. Thus far we have no one.

The one person who has currently said yes is very savvy.

BWillie
01-16-2020, 11:00 PM
I will donate one dollar and seven cents. Lemme know your venmo or paypal, holmes.

Demonpenz
01-16-2020, 11:00 PM
I would donate but I want pictures the person is at the game and having a great fucking time and if the chiefs lose I want my money back. I don't want some scumbag to take the money to Legs (they got a good VIP this weekend btw)

DaFace
01-16-2020, 11:01 PM
I will donate one dollar and seven cents. Lemme know your venmo or paypal, holmes.I'm gonna hold you to this.

BWillie
01-16-2020, 11:04 PM
I'm gonna hold you to this.

I accept. I will pay my one-hundred and seven cents.

KS Smitty
01-16-2020, 11:14 PM
I'm in for a $37 donation.

TrebMaxx
01-16-2020, 11:20 PM
I am in.

BWillie
01-16-2020, 11:22 PM
I will donate $3.73 if the winner agrees to beer bong red beer. I would like to contribute to binge drinking football culture.

bdj23
01-16-2020, 11:30 PM
I think I got $25 in my venmo account I could kick in.

Sofa King
01-16-2020, 11:37 PM
Honestly, I probably owe for enjoying this site for free for over a decade as well. So count me in for $25 plus $25 to the website.

DaFace
01-16-2020, 11:44 PM
Everyone be sure to respond to to the poll so I can keep a count.

At our pace, I'm pretty sure this will happen, so people who want to go should be sure to "enter" as well in the poll.

crazycoffey
01-17-2020, 12:58 AM
One problem with the poll..... I WILL donate but also would like to be considered for the winning tickets (I assume it’s for two tickets). I will happy make the rounds to multiple CP
Tailgates and take many pictures and videos (was my forte many moons ago) including game play photos! Like this one I took in 2013!

Shiver Me Timbers
01-17-2020, 07:58 AM
Honestly, I probably owe for enjoying this site for free for over a decade as well. So count me in for $25 plus $25 to the website.

Good reminder for CP members on donating to the site. Maintaining a server is not cheap and moderating this site looks to be a full time job.

I going to kick in some money for the tickets and if the thing goes nowhere I will just donate it to CP for "upkeep" and booze for the Mods.

Chiefspants
01-17-2020, 08:04 AM
This is truly an amazing thing you're doing.

I'm in. Venmo work?

DaFace
01-17-2020, 08:05 AM
One problem with the poll..... I WILL donate but also would like to be considered for the winning tickets (I assume it’s for two tickets). I will happy make the rounds to multiple CP

Tailgates and take many pictures and videos (was my forte many moons ago) including game play photos! Like this one I took in 2013!Yeah, that's fair. I'll manually account for you in both categories. Assuming we do hit 25, I'll start a new thread to further build out the list.

DaFace
01-17-2020, 08:05 AM
This is truly an amazing thing you're doing.

I'm in. Venmo work?Yeah, that works too.

DaFace
01-17-2020, 08:22 AM
By my count we're at 17 people, and a couple of people have mentioned being on the "plus" side of $25, so I think we're good. I'll take the risk that 1) a few more people will be "in" and that 2) it won't be a huge amount to cover if they're not.

New thread incoming.