PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Confidence in #11 ?

Molitoth
01-18-2020, 07:26 AM
Just wanted to start this by saying I've been a big fan of Robinson as a Chief.

He is always available, a great blocker, and doing a hell of a lot of running while rarely seeing a target.

With the attention on Kelce and Hill, I've always thought that Drob could be balling out, but for some reason he hasn't been.

The last game I think we saw him drop 3 passes, two wide open for first downs.

Dropped passes are probably one of my biggest pet-peeves in this sport of football, and Drob royally had me pissed at my couch cushion.

I wonder if dropped passes are a common thing in Chiefs practice for Drob, and he doesn't have the confidence from Pat this season?

Anyway, still rooting for some big Drob moments this post-season.

Any comments/discussion on this topic?

InChiefsHeaven
01-18-2020, 07:32 AM
He's a mystery to be sure. I mean, he has had some AMAZING catches (on handed in the EZ, the catch where he caught the ball while getting plowed and landing on his ass...both against the Raiders I think) etc. I really feel like last week was probably the worst he's looked all season. Hopefully he got that shit out of his system. He's been solid, and another cog in the amazing passing attack wheel that the Chiefs have this season. Great blocker as well. He should get his opportunities this weekend with all the focus on Reek and Kelce. Watkins and DRob are in no way slouches...and Hardman...damn, we got some receivers y'all...

stevieray
01-18-2020, 07:41 AM
Maybe just a slump..he usually has great hands.

I'm a fan.

tyecopeland
01-18-2020, 07:42 AM
He's going off tomorrow.

Chris Meck
01-18-2020, 07:42 AM
I think the dropped passes from D-Rob AND from Kelce who had a couple there in the first quarter as well can be chalked up to being TOO hyped up.

He's never been a butterfingers that I can remember anyway.

And we've seen Kelce have the dropsies early in big, emotionally loaded type games before.

My only concern is that it just gets BIGGER each game now. and they've gotta get it together much earlier; we can't spot anyone 24 points and expect to win from here out.

milkshock
01-18-2020, 07:44 AM
along with watkins, he has 2 games left as a chief

lets hope he makes them count

Pablo
01-18-2020, 07:45 AM
He'll have at least one huge catch in the next two games. He's not gonna disappear completely and he usually finds a way to work open if everyone else is covered.

Chris Meck
01-18-2020, 07:46 AM

I doubt that.

I mean Watkins is certainly gone.

No reason not to keep D-Rob if they want to. He won't be all that expensive.

DaFace
01-18-2020, 07:48 AM
I can't imagine he's gonna drop 4 again in this game. But that said, I won't cry too much if he's not on the team next year.

ILChief
01-18-2020, 08:11 AM

Maybe. Depends on the draft and what they think of Pringle and Dieter. Kemp’s contract is up as well and he would cost next to nothing to bring back

ChiefsCountry
01-18-2020, 08:12 AM
I trust him more than the last #11.

J Diddy
01-18-2020, 08:22 AM
I doubt that.

I can see the negotiations now.

“I want a raise.”

“Here let me show you a tape of the divisional round in the playoffs.”

Demarcus walks out with a pay cut.

ThaVirus
01-18-2020, 08:26 AM
He has trouble beating man coverage and disappears for multiple games throughout the season.. and I really fucking hate when he carries the ball in one outstretched arm. It's fucking dumb. It serves literally no purpose to hold the football that way and he's done it multiple times.

Pros: I guess he knows the offense and does a decent job of working himself open when Pat leaves the pocket.

It'll be tough to replace him given how little he costs us but he's the guy I think I'd rather let walk and watch another team sink their ship signing him to a big deal ala Conley or Albert Wilson. Let's see what Pringle can do with those snaps.

Why Not?
01-18-2020, 08:37 AM
He had a shit game. It happens. You’re not gonna find many better 6th receiving option(Hill/Kelce, Watkins, Hardman, D Williams)

chiefzilla1501
01-18-2020, 08:42 AM
You said it right. He doesn't get enough credit for how much he hustles as a blocker. If he's our target it's because the first 4 or 5 targets weren't open anyway. It's good that Robinsons value came down to earth. Maybe we can keep him for pretty cheap.

Nzoner
01-18-2020, 09:12 AM
I can watch his catch against the Ravens over and over again,one of the best I've ever seen.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Bt8TuiVe4Js" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nzoner
01-18-2020, 09:15 AM
BTW I'm going to consider your topic the sign I've been looking for as I'm in a one and done postseason fantasy football contest(you can use any player but only ONCE) for a $600 pot.I've been going back and forth between Watkins and DRob and this settles it.

keg in kc
01-18-2020, 09:47 AM
I'm pretty confident that he's just a guy, and I won't care much next season if his roster spot is filled by a guy named Robinson or Pringle or something else.

Rain Man
01-18-2020, 09:50 AM
The beautiful thing about football is that you never know who is going to make a big play to win the game. Robinson may be a game changer for us. He's an offensive target for a team that is in the AFC Championship game, so he must be pretty good.

ThyKingdomCome15
01-18-2020, 09:51 AM
I'm confident in Robibson. I'm more confident in Hardman (<--- The rook is taking either Robinson or Waktkins job next year. One or both will be gone.)

Nzoner
01-18-2020, 09:53 AM
The beautiful thing about football is that you never know who is going to make a big play to win the game. Robinson may be a game changer for us. He's an offensive target for a team that is in the AFC Championship game, so he must be pretty good.

Sorry to bring fantasy football into this but one thing I've learned over the years is in the playoffs there's always a "just a guy" that does something big. See Raymond last week for the Titans.

DRM08
01-18-2020, 09:54 AM
I hope can step up on Sunday. Titans are going to double team both Kelce and Tyreek. It will be up to Robinson, Hardman, Watkins, Damien, and Patrick (legs) to make them pay dearly for double-teaming multiple guys.

rabblerouser
01-18-2020, 09:59 AM

Oof.

RealSNR
01-18-2020, 10:16 AM
I doubt that.

I wouldn't give him Chris Conley's contract from Jacksonville. Would you?

And that contract is probably the starting point for Robinson's deal.

He gone.

scho63
01-18-2020, 10:24 AM
I've been a huge Robinson fan for a long time so I was really disappointed at his horrible performance last week.

Felt he could easily be our # 3 and the replacement for Watkins.

Not so sure anymore.....:hmmm:

Sofa King
01-18-2020, 10:57 AM
He doesn't get many chances and for him to fuck them up so bad last week really sucks. He's a guy that needs to be there when Pat needs him.

He'll be back next year cheap.

Easy 6
01-18-2020, 10:59 AM
I had him pegged as next years #2 but he has somehow taken a step back, that uncanny ability to get open on scramble drills just hasn’t been there this season

Throw in the recent drops and at this point my trust level is about a 6

DrRyan
01-18-2020, 11:17 AM
I'm confident in Robibson. I'm more confident in Hardman (<--- The rook is taking either Robinson or Waktkins job next year. One or both will be gone.)

Really hoping here works out with Tyreek and the guy he has worked on route running with the last couple years. If he can become a very good to great route runner like Tyreek has become the offense gets even better.

displacedinMN
01-18-2020, 11:18 AM
hopefully they threw 3000 balls at him this week.

Chargem
01-18-2020, 11:19 AM
Don't know if anyone else spotted it, but there was a 20 yard ish play from Tyreek in the 2nd quarter and Robinson literally couldn't even get lined up, Tyreek was talking to him right up until the snap.

tyecopeland
01-18-2020, 11:20 AM
I can watch his catch against the Ravens over and over again,one of the best I've ever seen.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Bt8TuiVe4Js" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Seems pretty dbowe like. Trouble catching the easy ones, makes the difficult catches.

Chief Roundup
01-18-2020, 11:22 AM
I wouldn't give him Chris Conley's contract from Jacksonville. Would you?

And that contract is probably the starting point for Robinson's deal.

He gone.

2 year $4.5M doesn't seem that bad. When all we will have is Hill, Hardman, Pringle as the only seasoned WR returning.
Most of our draft capital will be going to other places.

Dunerdr
01-18-2020, 12:12 PM
Robinson’s a JAG, always has been, always will. With a large Mahomes contract coming up I don’t see the team paying a robinson. I do think they’ll take chances on udfas and low picks instead.

ChiefRocka
01-18-2020, 12:37 PM
Pringle

KChiefs1
01-18-2020, 12:41 PM

Unbelievable catch.

I think he had playoff jitters last week.

Chiefshrink
01-18-2020, 12:42 PM
Maybe just a slump..he usually has great hands.

I'm a fan.

Agreed!!

Chiefshrink
01-18-2020, 12:50 PM
Trouble catching the easy ones, makes the difficult catches.

There was only one throw that I saw that was easy to catch that he should have made. I get the whole "if it's in your hands" you should make the catch BUT that one throw was way behind him and trying to catch a pass across the middle when you are going full speed in the opposite direction reaching way back IS difficult. That was on Mahomes IMHO. In big games you make the catch, I get it, BUT in big games you also have to make the throws as well is my point.;)

Chiefshrink
01-18-2020, 12:52 PM

ROFLROFLROFL

RealSNR
01-18-2020, 01:24 PM
2 year $4.5M doesn't seem that bad. When all we will have is Hill, Hardman, Pringle as the only seasoned WR returning.
Most of our draft capital will be going to other places.

Draft WRs. Keep drafting WRs. Don't stop drafting WRs. That's the name of this game now that we've got an elite QB.

We have to be selective about the WRs we choose to keep when they reach the end of their deals. Is the player elite (like Hill)? Then keep him. Is the player nothing more than depth but willing to play for peanuts? Then keep him. Is the player nice to have around? Well... yeah, he's nice to have around, but if you do your job in continuing to fill out your WR depth through the draft, that guy who is nice to have around shouldn't be getting paid that money.

Like... would I rather extend Robinson to 2 years $5 million (let's round up since Robinson has been a better playmaker than Conley was, and even that might be a bit low) or would I rather NOT cut Daniel Sorensen, who does a phenomenal job as the "clean up" guy at safety and on special teams? If it came down to it, I'm keeping Dirty Dan every single time and replacing Robinson with either Pringle or Kemp. Or a guy that we draft. Or some other random UDFA from the practice squad or training camp who just kind of shows up and looks great.

We've got an elite QB now. Our QB has just as big of a role in developing WRs as our coaches do. And we've got one of the best in the game.

Frosty
01-18-2020, 01:26 PM
I've been a huge Robinson fan for a long time so I was really disappointed at his horrible performance last week.

Felt he could easily be our # 3 and the replacement for Watkins.

Not so sure anymore.....:hmmm:

I had the same hopes for DRob but the way he completely disappeared when both Watkins and Hill were out (particularly the Colts game) pretty much sunk that hope. He didn't do anything when Hill came back on limited snap counts with Watkins still out. I would keep him if he willing to play at roughly the same salary but wouldn't cry about it if he left either.

I will say in his defense that on at least two of the drops last week, the ball was pretty far behind him. He still should have caught them but they would have been pretty tough caches.

Rasputin
01-18-2020, 01:37 PM
Pringle

This and play Hardman over Sammy Watkins & I hope Watkins is gone next year he is over paid.

RealSNR
01-18-2020, 01:48 PM
We can't fall in love with every James Thrash or Hank Baskett guy who fulfills that 3rd or 4th WR role on this team. Yeah, I'll bet some of them really do a good job in that role. But either they're really a WR 1 or 2 or we don't pay them. Or we pay them what we're paying them now. It's that simple.

Cosmos
01-18-2020, 01:53 PM
Robinson’s strength is his ability and willingness to block as a WR.

So similar to Connelly....

FAX
01-18-2020, 01:55 PM
I view Robinson as the archetypal "team player". Runs routes to get other guys open, willing blocker, positive attitude, and the like.

And lest we forget, he's made some crucial catches for us. I'm a fan.

Sort of reminds me of the role Albert Wilson had.

FAX

Chiefshrink
01-18-2020, 01:56 PM
I had the same hopes for DRob but the way he completely disappeared when both Watkins and Hill were out (particularly the Colts game) pretty much sunk that hope. He didn't do anything when Hill came back on limited snap counts with Watkins still out. I would keep him if he willing to play at roughly the same salary but wouldn't cry about it if he left either.

I will say in his defense that on at least two of the drops last week, the ball was pretty far behind him. He still should have caught them but they would have been pretty tough caches.

This argument about WRs disappearing is often times BS. Not saying BS to you personally of course. How much of that is due to not being thrown to or the OL not blocking well enough to have the QB find you or going against elite corners.

There are multiple reasons why WRs disappear and it's not always the WRs fault because they don't get separation in running crisp routes. I get that happens BUT more often than not it is either the QB not finding them, the QB choosing elsewhere, or QB not having time to find them because of crappy offensive line play. You are spot on about 2/3 passes being very difficult to catch.

Megatron96
01-18-2020, 01:57 PM
Every one can have a bad game. And honestly, two of those drops were the result of a couple badly placed passes. I don't think it'll happen again this Sunday.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if DRob gets targeted a few times early in the game, to get his confidence up.

But I think this game is going to feature a healthy dose of Watkins. In the last meeting, Hill grabbed 11 passes for over 100 yards and a TD. He was doing a lot of stuff from the slot, IIRC, and they were getting gashed. I doubt they let that happen again. And of course, they'll double Kelce; they have no choice about that. So it seems likely that Watkins is going to see more than 5-6 balls tomorrow.

Wilson8
01-18-2020, 02:05 PM
The question might be, has Patrick Mahomes lost any faith in Demarcus Robinson. In the 4 passes thrown to him, Robinson caught 1, 1 was kind of behind him (still catchable), and 2 were good passes in his hands and he dropped.

The good news, if Robinson still has drops, we have many other options.

Demarcus will get a decent contract offer from another NFL team and moves on.

Mecole Hardman will move into Robinson's role and Pringle will return kickoffs next season.

YontsRBake
01-18-2020, 02:19 PM
I like Pringle better as a long term option than both him and Watkins, but I think he’ll do fine at what he’s asked to do for the rest of these ‘offs

DRM08
01-18-2020, 02:34 PM
I think this game is going to feature a healthy dose of Watkins. In the last meeting, Hill grabbed 11 passes for over 100 yards and a TD. He was doing a lot of stuff from the slot, IIRC, and they were getting gashed. I doubt they let that happen again. And of course, they'll double Kelce; they have no choice about that. So it seems likely that Watkins is going to see more than 5-6 balls tomorrow.

They will double both Tyreek and Kelce. It's up to the other guys to make some plays. Patrick's legs could be a sneaky X-Factor in this game. He was essentially on 1 leg in that first matchup

dlphg9
01-18-2020, 02:36 PM
Every one can have a bad game. And honestly, two of those drops were the result of a couple badly placed passes. I don't think it'll happen again this Sunday.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if DRob gets targeted a few times early in the game, to get his confidence up.

But I think this game is going to feature a healthy dose of Watkins. In the last meeting, Hill grabbed 11 passes for over 100 yards and a TD. He was doing a lot of stuff from the slot, IIRC, and they were getting gashed. I doubt they let that happen again. And of course, they'll double Kelce; they have no choice about that. So it seems likely that Watkins is going to see more than 5-6 balls tomorrow.

I hate this line of thinking. These guys are so good at what they do that they get paid hundreds of thousands to several million a year just to produce for 5 or 6 minutes a week for 16 weeks. Even with all this skill people still make up excuses for dropped passes because the ball was just a little off target. Drops are mostly a mental issue and are the result of broken concentration, like when they don't wanna take a big hit, when they are already thinking about yards after the catch before they even have possession of the ball, or when they just have their heads up their asses. Why does the QB have to be cometely perfect with his ball placement? If the ball hits a receiver in the hands and the receiver isn't making some absurd diving/jumping play, then they should catch it everytime.

TomBarndtsTwin
01-18-2020, 02:40 PM
I suppose he serves a role as a 5th or 6th receiving option on this team.

That said, he needs to not have another shit week like last week if some passes do come his way, otherwise gonna have to change his name from DRob to DRop.

Megatron96
01-18-2020, 02:40 PM
They will double both Tyreek and Kelce. It's up to the other guys to make some plays. Patrick's legs could be a sneaky X-Factor in this game. He was essentially on 1 leg in that first matchup

Oh, I think if TEN plays man a lot, we'll see Pat take off several times; it's just cherry-picking easy 1st downs for him. And it'll drive their DC nuts trying to figure out how to deal with it. Play zone? Okay, Pat's the best QB in the league 2 years running against the zone. Make Pat's day.

Megatron96
01-18-2020, 02:43 PM
I hate this line of thinking. These guys are so good at what they do that they get paid hundreds of thousands to several million a year just to produce for 5 or 6 minutes a week for 16 weeks. Even with all this skill people still make up excuses for dropped passes because the ball was just a little off target. Drops are mostly a mental issue and are the result of broken concentration, like when they don't wanna take a big hit, when they are already thinking about yards after the catch before they even have possession of the ball, or when they just have their heads up their asses. Why does the QB have to be cometely perfect with his ball placement? If the ball hits a receiver in the hands and the receiver isn't making some absurd diving/jumping play, then they should catch it everytime.

One of those passes was behind Drob's head, IIRC. Pat threw as he was being dragged down, and his body was rotating away from the LoS at release. That ball was high and fluttery and well behind DRob. You can probably count on one hand the number of WRs in the league that catch that ball. Probably all of those are going to the HOF.

Just sayin'.

DRob isn't elite. Not saying he shouldn't have caught at least one of those passes, but let's be real, he ain't Jerry Rice. Put a ball in a pretty awkward spot, and he's less likely to catch it.

DRM08
01-18-2020, 02:51 PM

None of his drops last week should be blamed on Mahomes. If D-Rob is capable of making that insane catch against the Ravens early in the season, then the drops against Houston last week are inexcusable. He clearly has the talent to make a play on the ball, and none of his drops this past weekend were on what I would call "hard" catches. That Ravens catch was hard and he nailed that one.

FloridaMan88
01-18-2020, 02:51 PM
Time to move on from DRob, he's completely useless.

When he's not dropping passes that are perfectly thrown, he is holding the ball out with one hand, just asking for a fumble.

I have more confidence in Pringle or even Dieter at this point.

Megatron96
01-18-2020, 02:57 PM
Time to move on from DRob, he's completely useless.

When he's not dropping passes that are perfectly thrown, he is holding the ball out with one hand, just asking for a fumble.

I have more confidence in Pringle or even Dieter at this point.

Hmm, i haven't been paying much attention to DRob lately. Just how many fumbles does he have over the last two years?

FloridaMan88
01-18-2020, 03:01 PM
Hmm, i haven't been paying much attention to DRob lately. Just how many fumbles does he have over the last two years?

He has none, but he holds the ball out loosely with one hand just asking for a fumble.

Megatron96
01-18-2020, 03:05 PM
He has none, but he holds the ball out loosely with one hand just asking for a fumble.

So just to be clear: in two seasons with 54 grabs for 13.5 yards/catch and 8 TDs he hasn't had a single fumble? holding the ball out like that? How do you explain that?

FloridaMan88
01-18-2020, 03:08 PM
So just to be clear: in two seasons with 54 grabs for 13.5 yards/catch and 8 TDs he hasn't had a single fumble? holding the ball out like that? How do you explain that?

If you want to argue that he should continue to not secure the ball because it hasn't resulted in a fumble yet, go for it.

The bigger issue is three terrible dropped passes last week when he was wide open.

Megatron96
01-18-2020, 03:13 PM
If you want to argue that he should continue to not secure the ball because it hasn't resulted in a fumble yet, go for it.

The bigger issue is three terrible dropped passes last week when he was wide open.

Not arguing; I'm asking for facts. Data to support a theory. Your theory.

FloridaMan88
01-18-2020, 03:15 PM
Not arguing; I'm asking for facts. Data to support a theory. Your theory.

It is a "theory" that when you hold the ball out loosely with one hand and not secure it you are increasing the risk for a strip/fumble?

Megatron96
01-18-2020, 03:26 PM
It is a "theory" that when you hold the ball out loosely with one hand and not secure it you are increasing the risk for a strip/fumble?

It's a theory until you have some empirical data to prove it's not a theory. Or so I was taught in grade school science.

I mean, does he do that on evyer play? Not that I'm aware of. I've sen him do it a few times. I haven't seen him fumble doing it though. In fact, regardless of how he's held the ball after the catch, his stats say that in the four years he's been playing for the Chiefs he's never fumbled, no matter how he held the ball.

My point being, there's no evidence to support the idea that he is a fumble risk.

I'm not even saying we should keep him next season. But what I am saying is that how he holds the ball every once in a while has nothing to do with his efficiency as a receiver. At least according to his stats and the fact that he's never fumbled while playing for us.

Factually, he doesn't run great routes. He's inconsistent as a pass-catcher. And he sometimes gets called for stupid penalties.

But how he holds the ball hasn't been a problem in four years.

Deberg_1990
01-18-2020, 03:45 PM
Zero confidence right now in him.

Would rather see Pringle out there

dlphg9
01-18-2020, 04:05 PM
It's a theory until you have some empirical data to prove it's not a theory. Or so I was taught in grade school science.

I mean, does he do that on evyer play? Not that I'm aware of. I've sen him do it a few times. I haven't seen him fumble doing it though. In fact, regardless of how he's held the ball after the catch, his stats say that in the four years he's been playing for the Chiefs he's never fumbled, no matter how he held the ball.

My point being, there's no evidence to support the idea that he is a fumble risk.

I'm not even saying we should keep him next season. But what I am saying is that how he holds the ball every once in a while has nothing to do with his efficiency as a receiver. At least according to his stats and the fact that he's never fumbled while playing for us.

Factually, he doesn't run great routes. He's inconsistent as a pass-catcher. And he sometimes gets called for stupid penalties.

But how he holds the ball hasn't been a problem in four years.

Shady also has this same problem and didn't fumble much. Now he has 3 in a limited amount of carries. It's fairly common knowledge that if you don't secure the ball the odds of fumbling go up quite a bit.

Lets use your logic in a different situation. So someone drinks and drives alot, but hasn't wrecked. Doesnt mean that he won't eventually wreck and that he should continue doimg what hes doing.

Megatron96
01-18-2020, 04:39 PM
Shady also has this same problem and didn't fumble much. Now he has 3 in a limited amount of carries. It's fairly common knowledge that if you don't secure the ball the odds of fumbling go up quite a bit.

Lets use your logic in a different situation. So someone drinks and drives alot, but hasn't wrecked. Doesn't mean that he won't eventually wreck and that he should continue doing what hes doing.

I might agree if he did that on every catch, or even in every game (where he got a catch). But that's not the case either. He's done it what, three times? In four years?

And Shady has never been a fumble-prone RB in his ten year career. Yes, he had three this year in a short span. This never happened in his previous nine years. It's called an outlier. A fluke.

And two of his fumbles he wasn't even carrying the ball "like a loaf of bread," but close to his body. Though one of those carries he was carrying the ball near his waist and should've been carrying it higher to the side of his chest at least.

In other words, there's no real empirical evidence that the way Shady carries the ball sometimes during a run "like a loaf of bread" has anything to do with the number of fumbles he's had in any of his ten years as a RB. Including this year.

But people look at it, and don't like either Shady himself for some reason, or don't like his style, or whatever it is, and jump on the optics of it. With no actual supportive evidence.

They only fumble that concerns me is the one where it just jumped out of his hand near the GL and he recovered it mid-air. And on that one he again wasn't "holding it like a loaf of bread." That one tells me that there might be something wrong with Shady's hand/forearm.

But back to the OP. My point was that DRob is not an above-average receiver, though he has had moments where he's made some great catches. So the decision to keep or cut him should be based on that. Not whether he fumbles because of how he holds the ball every 10 weeks or so is not an issue. Because he hasn't fumbled. Ever. No matter how he's held the ball.

rtmike
01-18-2020, 05:08 PM
Don't know if anyone else spotted it, but there was a 20 yard ish play from Tyreek in the 2nd quarter and Robinson literally couldn't even get lined up, Tyreek was talking to him right up until the snap.

What I’ve read is he has a learning disability and has a hard time with the playbook?

A lot of his completions are off Pat scrambling for his life and he’s the best at back tracking to get open.

Megatron96
01-18-2020, 05:12 PM
What I’ve read is he has a learning disability and has a hard time with the playbook?

A lot of his completions are off Pat scrambling for his life and he’s the best at back tracking to get open.

Well, that would certainly explain why he's not running the right route so often. But he does seem to find a way to give Pat a target when things go sandlot.