PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs To all the old timers.... We finally feel the joy of playing in a Super Bowl

BigRedChief
01-19-2020, 07:30 PM
Been on here 16+ years or so. I've met hundreds of you 4.4 40 yd. running, Chris Jones packing, goatee mother ****ers. Lots of ups and downs for our team. But, those of you who stuck it out, suffered and still came to talk Chiefs...... I'm feeling pretty pretty damn good. I know you are too.

I'm so happy for a lot on here, but, cant help but think of the other posters that passed on before they never got to see the Chiefs play in a Super Bowl. One of those all time beloved posters sons was watching the game with us down here in Florida. It was emotional for me.

So you mother ****ers I'm glad we shared the bad times together, it makes these good times sooo sweet.

TwistedChief
01-19-2020, 07:31 PM
Raise a glass or pour some liquor out. Onward and upward we go, BRC.

BWillie
thanks for maintaining the course. i think i've been on this website since i've been a teenager but the worst i've had to maintain was those 13-3 trent green seasons. even that seemed like a long time to endure. thanks for the heart old timers since 1969. this has got to be even more sweet.

mlyonsd
:toast:

Oxford
01-19-2020, 07:37 PM
Oh lord, the dark ages before Marty and Carl. Marv Levy could coach, but the whole team got old after the Christmas Day game and we wandered for 18 years. Then we saw a glimpse of a competent coach/GM team, but the NFL had moved on from ground-and pound offenses. The sun broke through today

siberian khatru
01-19-2020, 07:38 PM
It was great to finally meet you in Jacksonville, Doug!

We hoped it would reach this moment, but you just never know. What a journey!

SuperBowl4
01-19-2020, 07:39 PM
I remember Head Coach Paul Wiggin

rabblerouser
My earliest memories of the Chiefs were of Bill Kenney throwing swing passes to the flat. Stephone Paige.

Been a lot of dark days. I'm loving it today.

wasi
Congratulations everyone!!

Molitoth
01-19-2020, 07:42 PM
It's not over yet.

Rausch
01-19-2020, 07:43 PM
It's not over yet.

It's ok.

We don't have to watch scared anymore...

Lzen
01-19-2020, 07:49 PM
Oh hell yeah! I had to really hold back the tears. What a special game. A special season.

ozarkchief
01-19-2020, 07:53 PM
I remember watching the Chiefs Super Bowl year as a kid in California. I was born in Wichita, and I mistakenly started rooting for the Chiefs, thinking they were from my home state...heh. I stuck with them through the miserable 70s, and all the ups and downs since then. Today's my birthday, so I'm happy to have the Chiefs returning to the Super Bowl as the best birthday present ever.

redfan
01-19-2020, 07:55 PM
It's surreal, my body is all numb and it ain't alcohol. Still grinning

BigRedChief
01-19-2020, 08:16 PM
I remember Head Coach Paul WigginHoly shit Wiggin? haven't hear that name in a long time. Appreciate it if I never hear it again. :D

Chiefs4TheWin
01-19-2020, 08:18 PM
I been alive for 38 years, and never got to see it. Been on CP for 15 yrs, and never got to see it. It feels good.

farmerchief
01-19-2020, 08:21 PM
Their first super bowl, I was a sophomore in high school, been a fan ever since. Been a long road back, glad I’m still around to see another one!

PHOG
01-19-2020, 08:22 PM
This is the best, except a winner in the SB.

Dartgod
01-19-2020, 08:28 PM
In SBIV, my brother and I were more interested in playing with Hot Wheels cars than watching the game with our parents and their friends.

I saw the Royals win a WS as an adult, so it wasn't as special in 2015 as this feels. It still hasn't sunk in yet.

The Kansas City Chiefs are playing in the Super Bowl. Wow.

KCTitus
01-19-2020, 08:33 PM
I wasnt sure I'd ever see the day when KC took the field in a SuperBowl...it's a surreal feeling that KC has finally reached that milestone after years and years of failure, epic defeats.

One more, fellas...one more...

stevieray
01-19-2020, 08:36 PM
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

F150
01-19-2020, 08:41 PM
17 years a STH

Im still a bit numb

bobbymitch
01-19-2020, 08:45 PM
First Superbowl and I was in Navy Boot Camp. The next one I was in the middle of the Pacific Ocean and really didn't know that the Chiefs were playing in it. (No we didn't receive any broadcast radio or TV back then).

RJ
01-19-2020, 08:45 PM
I was in the 5th grade last time.

I was worried it might not ever happen again in my lifetime.

Thank you PH.

BigRedChief
01-19-2020, 08:53 PM
Raise a glass or pour some liquor out. Onward and upw, just like hundred ard we go, BRC.The son's dad I was "friends" with on here and a lot of other posters thought the world of him. But, I won't "out" him. Him and his brother. They were emotional and real. This is for Dad kind of thing. I feel like a shitty person because i didn't paint my face too in honor of their Dad..

stevieray
01-19-2020, 08:55 PM
The son's dad I was "friends" with on here and a lot of other posters thought the world of him. But, I won't "out" him. Him and his brother. They were emotional and real. This is for Dad kind of thing. I feel like a shitty person because i didn't paint my face too in honor of their Dad..

I made a toast to Logical, BCD and saccapoo with a handful of planeteers.

Mile High Mania
01-19-2020, 08:57 PM
I am sincerely happy for you guys... enjoy the moment!

cdcox
01-19-2020, 09:09 PM
I was 8 years old last time. I was a fan. I don't remember watching other games before the Super Bowl, but I must have watched enough because I knew who all the players were. I knew that it was a big deal when Johnny Robinson was able to play. I knew who Aaron Brown was when he broke Joe Kapp's soul. I'm pretty sure I could have rattled off the whole starting lineup.

This is glorious!!!

cdcox
01-19-2020, 09:11 PM

Thanks, man.

BigRedChief
01-19-2020, 09:11 PM
I am sincerely happy for you guys... enjoy the moment!See, because of our shared history, I know this is real. :clap:

SLAG
01-19-2020, 09:34 PM
BRC - it was always a pleasure hanging out with you and the crew before the games

This is a special moment for sure!

Like others I am still in shock but so excited to share this with my children and my CP fam!!

Hope all is well in your neck of the woods my friend.

EPodolak
01-19-2020, 09:40 PM
Oh hell yeah! I had to really hold back the tears. What a special game. A special season.

Unless you were trying to drive why hold them back?

KCJake
01-19-2020, 09:49 PM
Yep ! I really can't believe it. So many stinging loses. But who cares. He we are guys, SuperBowl !!!!!!!!

Spott
01-19-2020, 09:51 PM
Sucks to not be in KC for that, but seeing everyone in KC celebrating and all the texts I’ve gotten tonight has made up for a lot of heartbreak over the years.

Reaper16
01-19-2020, 09:52 PM
I am SO, so happy for each and every one of you motherfuckers. Ravaged from years of yearning, and look at y'all now. On the cusp, and with the Lamar Hunt trophy finally in its rightful home.

EPodolak
01-19-2020, 09:57 PM
I'm a few hours tardy getting the news of the win...

Congrats to every soul on CP. :toast:

Now onward.

BigRedChief
01-19-2020, 10:09 PM
I didn't mean to be some old dude recriminating on a message board but after 65K posts forgive me for embracing the old school dudes and dudetes. We were here trying to make sense of the Herm era, vermiel, and all the other OMG eras we \suffered through.

Boon
01-19-2020, 10:23 PM
I am 58. Early Super Bowls are a blur to me. I think my first REAL memory was the Dolphins overtime game and the field goal we didn't get. As the Lenny, Willie, Otis,Bobby, Buck left I remember the many dark days that followed. Marv Levy etc and finishing on the bottom. About the time King Carl and Marty came to town and started winning.. My cousins and I had amassed 7 season tick down by the tunnel where the Chiefs took the field. I was fortunate to be invited too many games with them. We live in central Kansas and would leave early Sunday morning to tailgate and drink beer.

We saw a lot of wins with Marty and unfortunately three 13-3 seasons that ended up with an early exit. I watched Gunther take the team, Pissoli come to town and leave, Vermeil and his excellent offenses and GRob defenses. Never be able to take the step to get us over the hump and subsequent cancer diagnosis I pretty much resigned to the fact that I would never see the days of the promised land. Fought the big C since 2006 and watched Andy come to to town and slowly bring the glimmer back. I kept fighting and following the Chiefs knowing someday this would all be worth it. This season I have discovered IT IS WORTH IT. No one happier the I tonight and GO CHIEFS. To summarize to the older fans who never gave up.......it is worth it.

BigRedChief
01-19-2020, 10:27 PM
BRC - it was always a pleasure hanging out with you and the crew before the games

This is a special moment for sure!

Like others I am still in shock but so excited to share this with my children and my CP fam!!

Hope all is well in your neck of the woods my friend.Geezz what was that 12 years ago when you came to the tailgate with those fantastic steaks? I still remember the taste of those steaks

stevieray
01-19-2020, 10:49 PM
IT IS WORTH IT.

Exactly what I told my wife. ALL of it. Every single last bit of it.

That heartbreaking past (Hey Von, how do u like us now? lol) is now truly gone and a new era of Chiefs football will forever be etched in history.

kysirsoze
01-19-2020, 10:53 PM
I am SO, so happy for each and every one of you motherfuckers. Ravaged from years of yearning, and look at y'all now. On the cusp, and with the Lamar Hunt trophy finally in its rightful home.

Whoa! Welcome back!

Wonder if anyone else is going to come out of the woodwork. Winning cures all, as they say.

Dartgod
01-19-2020, 11:04 PM

That heartbreaking past (Hey Von, how do u like us now? lol) is now truly gone and a new era of Chiefs football will forever be etched in history.

Man, I'm so happy that you got to experience that in person, my friend. I know it meant a LOT to you.

KC Dan
01-19-2020, 11:05 PM
BRC, we are going to the super bowl!!!! Gotta say that again, we are going to the super bowl. 50 years finally...

htismaqe
01-19-2020, 11:05 PM

Amen!

Dartgod
01-19-2020, 11:06 PM
BRC, we are going to the super bowl!!!! Gotta say that again, we are going to the super bowl. 50 years finally...
I said it to you last year in Arrowhead and then Dee fucking Ford happened.

stevieray
01-19-2020, 11:16 PM
Man, I'm so happy that you got to experience that in person, my friend. I know it meant a LOT to you.

Thank you brother. It truly does. So thankful to see it live!

I was confident from the get go. Called a victory @ tailgate. Coldest I've ever been out there.

That said, ...it was like a nice long smooth drink of great scotch.

Lost it when Mahomes raised up his arms before the kneel down. Second week in a row where he has engaged Arrowhead to enjoy and savor the moment.

Imon Yourside
01-19-2020, 11:18 PM
Born the last time we won so ya im feeling the connection and the good vibrations baby.

Ming the Merciless
01-19-2020, 11:19 PM
Hell yeah bro

Chiefs family

Chiefs kingdom

Ming the Merciless
01-19-2020, 11:22 PM
I didn't mean to be some old dude recriminating on a message board but after 65K posts forgive me for embracing the old school dudes and dudetes. We were here trying to make sense of the Herm era, vermiel, and all the other OMG eras we \suffered through.

Preach on

No need to ask.forgiveness

I'm 47 so I wasnt born the last time we won the AFC championship.

You describe what we are all feeling.

Preach on.

SLAG
01-19-2020, 11:22 PM
Geezz what was that 12 years ago when you came to the tailgate with those fantastic steaks? I still remember the taste of those steaks

Yes sir! Good Memory - but one I haven't forgotten either

I bet you wouldn't recognize me anymore - I've grown up quite a bit since I joined this place as a young, dumb kid and in the last year i'm down over 100lbs and now all I eat is steak!!

I am honored to have made happy memories at Arrowhead with my fellow CPers and I'm glad most of us are still around to enjoy this sweet victory!

Iowanian
01-19-2020, 11:24 PM
We've paid our dues many times over.

Enjoy the next two weeks. We deserve it.

scho63
01-19-2020, 11:29 PM
Oh lord, the dark ages before Marty and Carl. Marv Levy could coach, but the whole team got old after the Christmas Day game and we wandered for 18 years. Then we saw a glimpse of a competent coach/GM team, but the NFL had moved on from ground-and pound offenses. The sun broke through today

:thumb:

I know this all too well at nearly 57. Today was truly special.

Demonpenz
01-19-2020, 11:37 PM

would love UP driveby

scho63
01-19-2020, 11:37 PM
JFC!!! First I cry at the end of the game and now I got tears again in this thread with everyone reliving the pain of the last 50 years with me like a brother. :deevee:

Go Chiefs!

Holladay
01-20-2020, 12:01 AM

/thread

Demonpenz
01-20-2020, 12:02 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Post this for me if you can extract it from twitter&#39;s jealous maw <a href="https://t.co/YkGrBv7Jr3">pic.twitter.com/YkGrBv7Jr3</a></p>&mdash; Sara, مرگ بر آمريكا ���� #ElMundoConEvo (@umbyrella) <a href="https://twitter.com/umbyrella/status/1219135230944202753?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 20, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Ultrapeanut can't remember the password but she wanted to show this victory dance

BigRedChief
01-20-2020, 10:04 AM
Thank you brother. It truly does. So thankful to see it live!

I was confident from the get go. Called a victory @ tailgate. Coldest I've ever been out there.

That said, ...it was like a nice long smooth drink of great scotch.

Lost it when Mahomes raised up his arms before the kneel down. Second week in a row where he has engaged Arrowhead to enjoy and savor the moment.Fantastic you got to see it live We shared some times at the stadium watching crappy teams Its got to be really sweet to finally see a AFCCG won live :thumb:

RunKC
01-20-2020, 10:07 AM
Dane and the rest of the old timers need to get their asses back in here.

Come enjoy this with us

Stryker
01-20-2020, 10:12 AM
Hell yeah bro

Chiefs family

Chiefs kingdom

It is wonderful to FINALLY be the light at the end of the tunnel instead of seeing it. Damn this feels good!!!!!!

EyePod
01-20-2020, 10:16 AM
I don't post here as often as I used to, but I've gotten to meet up at least once with another member (@ Ravens a few years ago), had a fun time back in the day with a weight loss challenge, and sulked a lot during some really up and down years.

I'm so stoked and excited that the two best teams are in the SB. This game should be great!

Otter
01-20-2020, 10:22 AM
9:30am here. Been though my morning routine and it really still hasn't sunk in just yet.</br></br>It's been many moons but I think this is the closest feeling I've had that parallels how I felt since getting laid for the first time. You've been wanting it to happen since, well forever, and now that it finally did it's kind of surreal. I wasn't around for their last Super Bowl appearance so this is uncharted territory.

burt
01-20-2020, 10:34 AM
I've met hundreds of, goatee mother ****ers.

So you mother ****ers I'm glad we shared the bad times together, it makes these good times sooo sweet.

Just a bit whiter.......https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200120/05151e3b49d686876a5840b687f18b5f.jpg

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using Tapatalk

stevieray
01-20-2020, 10:37 AM
Fantastic you got to see it live We shared some times at the stadium watching crappy teams Its got to be really sweet to finally see a AFCCG won live :thumb:

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
01-20-2020, 11:36 AM
All I can say is, if we win the whole enchilada, then BRC better be organizing opening day BBQ contests for the next 20 years!

Archie F. Swin
01-20-2020, 03:58 PM
My early memories of Chiefs football includes the left hand of Steve Deberg in a cast and the bandage over Neil Smith's nose. I became a fan about 17 seasons after the Chiefs championship. I joined Chiefsplanet in August of 2000 and we've suffered together.

Hopefully, Gaz and Clint in Wichita are smiling somewhere

Lzen
01-21-2020, 10:47 AM

Thanks, Brad You a great rival fan, even though you are a bit too much of a homer at times. ;) :p

Chief Henry
01-21-2020, 10:55 AM
It's been a long time Chiefs fans:clap:

crayzkirk
01-21-2020, 11:01 AM
Wish I had know about this place a long time ago...

gblowfish
01-21-2020, 11:08 AM
Joe Buck is calling the Super Bowl.

Why can't we have nice things?

This is a picture in my office this AM. I have a fake tree with a bunch of stuff on it, including several Chiefs ornaments and a gloves from a couple players. The Mahomie ornament is new. Funny, because he's holding the football in his left hand. Somebody at Hallmark has a great sense of humor and hates the Donks. On top of the bookshelf is an autographed picture of Lenny the Cool in SB4. 50 years. Moses led his followers through the desert for 40 years, and this took a decade longer! What a great year. I'm loving every minute of it!

Jmart
01-21-2020, 11:53 AM
Been waiting my whole life for this moment I am happy AF as I really thought we would never get there (until we got Mahomes). But it was kind of anticlimactic... Got some texts from friends and loved ones and then life just went on as usual. LOL. After the Indy playoff loss I decided I wouldn't get too wrapped up in the games anymore so I guess that can be good and bad...

Spott
01-21-2020, 12:03 PM
Joe Buck is calling the Super Bowl.

Why can't we have nice things?

This is a picture in my office this AM. I have a fake tree with a bunch of stuff on it, including several Chiefs ornaments and a gloves from a couple players. The Mahomie ornament is new. Funny, because he's holding the football in his left hand. Somebody at Hallmark has a great sense of humor and hates the Donks. On top of the bookshelf is an autographed picture of Lenny the Cool in SB4. 50 years. Moses led his followers through the desert for 40 years, and this took a decade longer! What a great year. I'm loving every minute of it!

Hopefully he’ll be saying Mahomes the same we he said Bumgarner.

splatbass
01-21-2020, 12:30 PM
50 years for me. My dad had season tickets, so I watched Dawson and the others - most past their prime - play in the early 70s. Lenny was Tom Brady old by that time. Lot of ups and downs since then, mostly downs.

Shiver Me Timbers
01-21-2020, 12:39 PM
It's ok.

True that!
Chiefs have
:Superman:

duncan_idaho
01-21-2020, 01:26 PM
19 years on here. I’ve evolved from a Martyball homer into a Franchise QB truther.

How sweet this is, boys and girls. How sweet this is.