PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs HOLY FUCKING SHIT, WE'RE GOING TO WIN THIS WHOLE MOTHERFUCKER!

Chris Meck
01-19-2020, 10:02 PM
It's not like I didn't believe. I DID. I believed HARD.

but in the back of your mind, you know. 1990. 1991. 1992, 93, oh my god 95, and on, and on, and on.

You know what I'm talking about.

and I thought we'd have to go beat NE in NE, and Baltimore in Baltimore, and you know, Fitzmagic happened, and then Tennessee took care of that for us (thanks, fellas, 'preciate it.)

and now there can be NO doubt.

Patrick Mahomes is the best football player I've ever seen. Since the '78 Super Bowl. That's a pretty good spread of time. If anyone has anyone before that they want to put up, I'll have to take your word for it.

And this defense of Spags...man. It is now in the cast of Frank Fucking Clark, and the Honey Badger. Fuck yes. I will take that.

We're going to win this whole fucking thing.

The Niners have no idea what's coming.

smithandrew051
01-19-2020, 10:05 PM
Russell Wilson was very close to sweeping the 49ers, but Pete Carroll really held him back.

Wilson gave them more trouble this year than pretty much anyone else.

Mahomes has distanced himself from Wilson too. Plus, Mahomes has a better supporting cast.

That makes me feel really good about this matchup.

Bl00dyBizkitz
01-19-2020, 10:05 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/d-hDl6OALv4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hammock Parties
01-19-2020, 10:06 PM
we're not losing to a team who's only offensive star is a tight end

mahomes is going to burn this mother down

Buehler445
01-19-2020, 10:06 PM
Patrick is the best I've ever seen. Nobody will convince me otherwise. Good, talented guys on the defense that are as hungry as he is. I like our chances. SF is horrifying, but hell, so was Henry 12 hours ago.

kc rush
01-19-2020, 10:08 PM

but in the back of your mind, you know. 1990. 1991. 1992, 93, oh my god 95, and on, and on, and on.

and I thought we'd have to go beat NE in NE, and Baltimore in Baltimore, and you know, Fitzmagic happened, and then Tennessee took care of that for us (thanks, fellas, 'preciate it.)

Patrick Mahomes is the best football player I've ever seen. Since the '78 Super Bowl. That's a pretty good spread of time. If anyone has anyone before that they want to put up, I'll have to take your word for it.

And this defense of Spags...man. It is now in the cast of Frank Fucking Clark, and the Honey Badger. Fuck yes. I will take that.

We're going to win this whole fucking thing.

The Niners have no idea what's coming.

As you have said, you are driving the bus.

All aboard!

TwistedChief
01-19-2020, 10:08 PM
The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round....

BWillie
01-19-2020, 10:09 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/d-hDl6OALv4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I was just going to quote that. Awesome.

DRM08
01-19-2020, 10:11 PM
Russell Wilson was very close to sweeping the 49ers, but Pete Carroll really held him back.

Mahomes has distanced himself from Wilson too. Plus, Mahomes has a better supporting cast.

That makes me feel really good about this matchup.

Wilson giving the Niners a tough time is a great sign for the Chiefs offense. I don't think they will get completely shut down by the Niners, regardless of how strong the Niners defense has looked against the Vikes/Pack. Mahomes is Wilson with a stronger arm and better weapons. Very similar scrambling ability and vision around the field. These traits are a problem for any defense.

I'm not too confident about the Chiefs defense, so I think this could be a pretty good shootout. Would be crazy if both go over 40 like the Niners/Saints game earlier this season.

smithandrew051
01-19-2020, 10:12 PM
Wilson giving the Niners is a tough time is a great sign for the Chiefs offense. I don't think they will get completely shut down by the Niners, regardless of how strong the Niners defense has looked against the Vikes/Pack. Mahomes is Wilson with a stronger arm and better weapons. Very similar scrambling ability and vision around the field. These traits are a problem for any defense.

I'm not too confident about the Chiefs defense, so I think this could be a pretty good shootout. Would be crazy if both go over 40 like the Niners/Saints game earlier this season.

I would welcome a shootout. Let’s see Mahomes and Garoppolo go throw for throw. I’ll take our guy ALL FUCKING DAY.

DRM08
01-19-2020, 10:15 PM
I would welcome a shootout. Let’s see Mahomes and Garoppolo go throw for throw. I’ll take our guy ALL ****ING DAY.

No doubt about that. Patrick is the best in the game and has a lot of the clutch gene in him.

But Jimmy Grapes did manage to beat Drew Brees in New Orleans. If you said the Saints would get 40+ at home on a strong Niner defense, nobody would have expected the Niners to win that game.

carcosa
01-19-2020, 10:17 PM
WE

ARE

GONNA

FUCKING

WIN!!!!

ChiefsCountry
01-19-2020, 10:19 PM
Same feeling I had going into the 2015 World Series. Just got to make it official now.

Chris Meck
01-19-2020, 10:20 PM
shit.

I'm tearing up again.

I'm so fucking grateful.

Y'all, I've been through hell this past ten years. My wife died of cancer, I've been fighting insurance companies and lawyers and so much bullshit. I almost lost my house twice.

The system is designed to wear you down, until you quit fighting and give up.

And I just about did. I was getting suicidal.

And football is just a sport, and it has not real bearing on our lives...

but I just finally settled my late wife's estate (and her parents) and won a settlement with the insurance companies (like literally two weeks ago.)

and so this year is the first in 10 years that I entered January knowing that it was going to be okay, and that I had weathered the storm and had the actual ability to be optimistic.

And now my Chiefs at long last are going to the Super Bowl.

It's like it's a sign.

Maybe we all weathered the storm. Maybe it's time for things to be okay.

TLO
01-19-2020, 10:21 PM
shit.

I'm tearing up again.

I'm so ****ing grateful.

Y'all, I've been through hell this past ten years. My wife died of cancer, I've been fighting insurance companies and lawyers and so much bullshit. I almost lost my house twice.

but I just finally settled my late wife's estate (and her parents) and won a settlement with the insurance companies (like literally two weeks ago.)

and so this year is the first in 10 years that I entered January knowing that it was going to be okay, and that I had weathered the storm and had the actual ability to be optimistic.

It's like it's a sign.

Hell yes brother!!!

rabblerouser
01-19-2020, 10:22 PM
IN!!!

digger
01-19-2020, 10:30 PM
http://www.clker.com/cliparts/u/V/B/W/c/W/red-thumbs-up-md.png

Buehler445
01-19-2020, 10:33 PM
shit.

I'm tearing up again.

I'm so fucking grateful.

It's like it's a sign.

Man. I was moping about because my uncle died today, but that's nothing at all compared to what you're going through. Glad things are looking up!

Hammock Parties
01-19-2020, 10:35 PM

I lost my job in 2018 after working for the same company for over seven years, got dumped by my girlfriend, lost a shit ton of money in the stock market, took a depressing, life-sucking job at the post office for a few months and then quit to enjoy Mahomes.

Got a new, much more rewarding, fulfilling job in 2019 and the Chiefs have RISEN.

2020 is going to kick off with a Super Bowl.

Demonpenz
01-19-2020, 10:36 PM
They should get it done. A good game with No Turnovers and no dumb penalties and get Bosa contained and they should be good. Normally KC has some sort of crazy task ahead of them but not really. It will be chiefs fans good weather just play a good game and they get it.

BigRedChief
01-19-2020, 10:36 PM

And this defense of Spags...man. It is now in the cast of Frank ****ing Clark, and the Honey Badger. **** yes. I will take that.

We're going to win this whole ****ing thing.

The Niners have no idea what's coming.THIS!

Chief Northman
01-19-2020, 10:38 PM
shit.

I'm tearing up again.

I'm so ****ing grateful.

It's like it's a sign.

God bless you Meck.

It is time.

Mikulik
01-19-2020, 10:44 PM

That makes me feel really good about this matchup.I was wondering since you worship Mahomes so much have you got your knee pads ready

Chris Meck
01-19-2020, 10:46 PM
Man. I was moping about because my uncle died today, but that's nothing at all compared to what you're going through. Glad things are looking up!
Oh man. I'm sorry. Grief is grief man. That's awful.

IowaHawkeyeChief
01-19-2020, 10:50 PM
shit.

I'm tearing up again.

I'm so ****ing grateful.

It's like it's a sign.

What a great day! Glad things are getting better!

KS Smitty
01-19-2020, 10:56 PM
Dammit Meck keep your eyes on the road and your hands upon the wheel! ;)

PBJ :rockon: :D

Buehler445
01-19-2020, 11:00 PM
Glad the bus didn't get high centered when you rolled over Derrick Henry.

Halfcan
01-19-2020, 11:05 PM
shit.

I'm tearing up again.

I'm so ****ing grateful.

It's like it's a sign.

:clap: Glad you are doing good!

Holladay
01-19-2020, 11:39 PM
I have always enjoyed your level headedness (if that is a word) and insight since the old board.

Yes, it is a game and entertainment. That said, it can also change a mentality for the negative (last 50 yrs) or for the positive.

I didn't know what you have been through. You have been ridden hard and put up wet.

Enjoy the moment. Win or lose in 2 weeks, I am at least satisfied. We made it to the SB and me thinks many more to come. That also gives me hope. Hope drives the spirit. I am glad you have it.

That said:

SCREW SF AND THEIR UN-HOLY MOTHERS OF SPORE BORN RE-TREAD QB'S THAT US CHIEF WORSHIPERS HAVE BEEN UN-BLESSED BY OVER THE YEARS. MAY THEY BE BLASTED BY SHARKS WITH LASERS INTO THE UNMITIGATED PIT OF HELL. THEIR EX-PATRIOT QB SHALL BE FARTED ON IN THE DIRECTION OF SATANS BROWN HOLE.

Sorry about that. Joe not included.

Simply Red
03-10-2020, 11:22 PM
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/wovOcKK" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/wovOcKK"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Simply Red
03-10-2020, 11:25 PM
shit.

I'm tearing up again.

I'm so ****ing grateful.

It's like it's a sign.

I"m sorry and glad it's looking up - Just so you know - for the first time in 15 years on this board. I really and truly believed in this thread, whole heartedly. I can't explain why, but something magical was felt by me, with this whole thread and notion. Well done Chris Meck. You should start every game thread next season.

carcosa
03-10-2020, 11:38 PM
Yip!!!

Fansy the Famous Bard
03-11-2020, 07:26 AM
I've not always enjoyed Meck's evasively egocentric posts while being dismissive toward others. But this one I was definitely behind. Nailed it. And sorry for all you've been through, bro.

srvy
03-11-2020, 07:36 AM
Single greatest thread title ever in cp yet got so few posts. Meck was correct and yet so few saw it.

Rausch
03-11-2020, 08:39 AM
shit.

I'm tearing up again.

I'm so ****ing grateful.

It's like it's a sign.

I felt exactly the same way. This is the one thing in life I wanted more than anything and it feels like a weight has been lifted. It's never going to feel as good as it did this time so I don't feel like I need to watch everything.

In fact even at work I just don't get mad at shit anymore. It reminds you what feeling truly happy feels like...

Halfcan
03-11-2020, 08:43 AM
I felt exactly the same way. This is the one thing in life I wanted more than anything and it feels like a weight has been lifted. It's never going to feel as good as it did this time so I don't feel like I need to watch everything.

In fact even at work I just don't get mad at shit anymore. It reminds you what feeling truly happy feels like...

Great post!

I find myself thinking the same way. Stuck in traffic-oh well- the Chiefs won the Superbowl. Tom Brady might go to the Titans- who cares- the Chiefs won the Superbowl.

Because- the Chiefs Won a Superbowl- is a good answer for anything getting you down.

Rausch
03-11-2020, 08:45 AM
Great post!

I find myself thinking the same way. Stuck in traffic-oh well- the Chiefs won the Superbowl. Tom Brady might go to the Titans- who cares- the Chiefs won the Superbowl.

Because- the Chiefs Won a Superbowl- is a good answer for anything getting you down.

You know why I'm in a good mood?

Because Chiefs...

siberian khatru
03-11-2020, 09:42 AM
Single greatest thread title ever in cp yet got so few posts. Meck was correct and yet so few saw it.

Wasn't even updated after the SB win. Weird.

Anyway, good for you, Meck. And I agree with Halfcan.