PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs NFL Next-Gen Stats: Chris Jones AFCCG

Buehler445
01-22-2020, 09:14 AM
Cochise posted this in the Chris Jones is inactive thread. I thought it deserved its own thread.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2020/01/22/kansas-city-chiefs-dt-chris-jones-healthy-ahead-of-super-bowl-54/

Jones only played in 28 snaps against Tennessee, but he was crucial to the success Kansas City found when rushing the passer. According to NFL Next Gen Stats, when Jones was on the field, the defense had seven pressures and three sacks. When Jones wasn’t on the field, the defense had just one pressure.

caseyl4200
01-22-2020, 09:25 AM
Impressive, but kind of skewed since he mostly played on passing downs and was out when the Titans were running the ball

ChiTown
01-22-2020, 09:29 AM
In warm-ups, Jones was getting massive love from the fans. He was going over to the stands in the endzone and interacting with them. You could tell he was absolutely amped to play. I thought his play on the field was fantastic and matched his pregame energy.

Buehler445
01-22-2020, 09:33 AM
Impressive, but kind of skewed since he mostly played on passing downs and was out when the Titans were running the ball

You’re right.

But that’s still compelling stuff.

DaFace
01-22-2020, 09:33 AM
Thanks for posting. I'm tempted to start locking threads when people post stuff that isn't reflected in the title, but I'll wait until after the Super Bowl to put much thought into it.

Eleazar
01-22-2020, 09:40 AM
Thanks for posting. I'm tempted to start locking threads when people post stuff that isn't reflected in the title, but I'll wait until after the Super Bowl to put much thought into it.

I thought it was relevant to the thread given all the negative evaluation Jones was getting from some posters there about his heart and effort.

Beef Supreme
01-22-2020, 09:42 AM

Not entirely true. The Titans first drive of the second half, Jones played on all three downs and was the guy who stuffed the run twice when they had a first and five, I believe.

DaFace
01-22-2020, 09:43 AM
I thought it was relevant to the thread given all the negative evaluation Jones was getting from some posters there about his heart and effort.You're far from the only culprit, but the thread is about Jones being inactive against the Texans. Your post is a completely different topic. I don't know what's happened over the years to scare people off from starting threads, but in my opinion, if new information doesn't match the title of a thread, it should be a new thread so that people can see it.

RINGLEADER
01-22-2020, 09:43 AM
I hope there is a way to keep him on the team. Also Pennel.

The Franchise
01-22-2020, 09:46 AM
Give this man his contract.

Eleazar
01-22-2020, 09:49 AM
You're far from the only culprit, but the thread is about Jones being inactive against the Texans. Your post is a completely different topic. I don't know what's happened over the years to scare people off from starting threads, but in my opinion, if new information doesn't match the title of a thread, it should be a new thread so that people can see it.

I think in part it's that a bunch of people will Q you if you post anything that may have been buried in another thread.

Buehler445
01-22-2020, 09:51 AM
I think in part it's that a bunch of people will Q you if you post anything that may have been buried in another thread.

Well, it just so happens that those people are retarded.

DaFace
01-22-2020, 09:51 AM
I think in part it's that a bunch of people will Q you if you post anything that may have been buried in another thread.Then tell them to fuck off. Or report them, and I'll ban them from the thread.

Buehler445
01-22-2020, 09:52 AM
Give this man his contract.

Yeah I’ve been pretty vocal in not giving him Donald Money but damn life would be different without him.

Jerok
01-22-2020, 10:06 AM
I think we trade him, it makes too much sense, but I'm a moron so we probably keep him, but Im an idiot so that thought is wrong we probably trade him, but I cant be trusted so we probably keep him.

The Franchise
01-22-2020, 10:11 AM

Which would make sense....since it’s referring to pressures and sacks.

loochy
01-22-2020, 10:19 AM

This post doesn't have anything to do with NFL Next-Gen Stats: Chris Jones AFCCG.

wachashi
01-22-2020, 10:30 AM
If a team picking at the back-end of the 2020 draft (say, Green Bay) offered the Chiefs their first round pick, and next year's second round pick for Chris Jones, do they take that deal? That's essentially what we gave up for Frank Clark.

Rain Man
01-22-2020, 10:32 AM
Then tell them to **** off. Or report them, and I'll ban them from the thread.

(Stands behind DaFace, nodding in support and tapping a baseball bat in my palm.)

TwistedChief
01-22-2020, 10:48 AM
If we win the SB, tag and trade him.

If we lose the SB, tag him and hope he reports in a win-right-fucking-now year for the Chiefs.

loochy
01-22-2020, 10:50 AM
If a team picking at the back-end of the 2020 draft (say, Green Bay) offered the Chiefs their first round pick, and next year's second round pick for Chris Jones, do they take that deal? That's essentially what we gave up for Frank Clark.

Yeah, probably.

InChiefsHeaven
01-22-2020, 10:56 AM

Since I feel it's inevitable that he goes, I'd say yes. Just make sure his ass is out of the Conference, or at least the division.

rabblerouser
01-22-2020, 11:03 AM
If we win the SB, tag and trade him.

If we lose the SB, tag him and hope he reports in a win-right-****ing-now year for the Chiefs.

But...we're gonna win the Super Bowl.

htismaqe
01-22-2020, 11:44 AM
I had been pretty vocal all year about not wanting to pay Chris Jones but damn, I'd really hate to lose him now. It took him some time to learn to be patient and trust the scheme but once he did, he's a force. I don't think they're going to let him go. I hope they don't. This team has the makings of a dynasty and given the string of failures we've had a defensive tackle over the last 20 years, it sure would suck to see him leave.

Eleazar
01-22-2020, 12:00 PM
I had been pretty vocal all year about not wanting to pay Chris Jones but damn, I'd really hate to lose him now. It took him some time to learn to be patient and trust the scheme but once he did, he's a force. I don't think they're going to let him go. I hope they don't. This team has the makings of a dynasty and given the string of failures we've had a defensive tackle over the last 20 years, it sure would suck to see him leave.

You don't let a guy like Jones go so you can spread a little more money around the linebacker positions, and everything else that has been suggested.

A guy who is a force of nature and has a premium skill set is someone you pay.

Wallcrawler
01-22-2020, 12:09 PM
You don't let a guy like Jones go so you can spread a little more money around the linebacker positions, and everything else that has been suggested.

A guy who is a force of nature and has a premium skill set is someone you pay.

The problem is tying up 200 mil in your d line, when its backed by hot garbage.

If the chiefs were to tag n trade jones for a haul that allowed us to bring in a sideline to sideline STUD middle linebacker, I believe that Nnadi and Pennel are good enough and big enough to keep the o line off of our lbs and he would be free to make big plays.

If there is no stud linebackers to be found, then you dump the money on Jones and pray for luck with his long term health. Try your hand in the draft at upgrading the lb position, as free agency has not been kind at all in this area.

Eleazar
01-22-2020, 12:10 PM
The problem is tying up 200 mil in your d line, when its backed by hot garbage.

If the chiefs were to tag n trade jones for a haul that allowed us to bring in a sideline to sideline STUD middle linebacker, I believe that Nnadi and Pennel are good enough and big enough to keep the o line off of our lbs and he would be free to make big plays.

If there is no stud linebackers to be found, then you dump the money on Jones and pray for luck with his long term health. Try your hand in the draft at upgrading the lb position, as free agency has not been kind at all in this area.

There's no MLB on earth who's worth what Chris Jones is.

caseyl4200
01-22-2020, 12:30 PM
Not entirely true. The Titans first drive of the second half, Jones played on all three downs and was the guy who stuffed the run twice when they had a first and five, I believe.

Very true:thumb:

BlackOp
01-22-2020, 12:34 PM
Lots of WR talent in this draft...keep Jones and and trade Watkins. If Sanu can fetch a 2nd, Chiefs can get something for him.

Jones can wreck games...at a premium position.

I think after an entire season for Spags to evaluate the roster...KC goes primarily defense.

Dorsey is gone..maybe KC can bring K. Hunt back.

Pitt Gorilla
01-22-2020, 12:41 PM
There's no MLB on earth who's worth what Chris Jones is.
This. I think you keep Jones. Linebackers can be found.

htismaqe
01-22-2020, 12:46 PM
First, the linebackers are FAR from "hot garbage"...that's just silly...

Second, Eleazer and Pitt are right - it's much easier to find good linebackers than it is to find another Chris Jones.

Pitt Gorilla
01-22-2020, 12:49 PM

Second, Eleazer and Pitt are right - it's much easier to find good linebackers than it is to find another Chris Jones.Look how we found Wilson.

htismaqe
01-22-2020, 12:52 PM
Look how we found Wilson.

Yep.

Plus, I'll be honest - in a couple of weeks, they're going to be Super Bowl champs and I won't give a crap what they do with the roster anymore. Every move will be a good one. LOL

BossChief
01-22-2020, 01:00 PM
That’s exactly what we need from Jones.

Let Nnadi, Saunders, Pennel and Williams try to beat up that Ogre they have at RB.

Fire Jones out of a cannon at Tannehill.

It was a perfect game plan that should be similar to the one we’ll see against the 49ers.

As far as Jones after this season, it’s tough. We’re deep at DT if we extend Pennel (that move is crucial) and it’s possible a team offers us a Mack or Clark type deal for him...which might be the hard but smart choice. I wouldn’t trade him for anything less than a mid round first and second...but I’d move him to the NFC for that to a team like Washington.

Other than that I’d give him a nice 3 year extension so he can hit FA again under the new CBA and still young enough to get another big $ deal.

dlphg9
01-22-2020, 01:04 PM
Not resigning Jones would be monumentally retarded. As retarded as the posters that have this irrational hate for him. Hes the 2nd best D lineman in the league and only a hair behind Donald in terms of talent. If he wants Donald money then you give him Donald money. He still has time to get better and will actually be 2 years younger than Donald was when he got paid. So you get more of his prime years than the Rams will get with AD. That is enough to justify paying him as much as AD.

Wallcrawler
01-22-2020, 01:36 PM

Second, Eleazer and Pitt are right - it's much easier to find good linebackers than it is to find another Chris Jones.

I suppose your contention is that it is Spags' defensive scheme that is at fault for being completely inept at covering ANYONE out of the backfield?

They literally cannot stop anything out of the backfield, even from week 10 where improvement started.

That Humphries kid...I kept screaming at my tv during the title game WATCH 10!!! GET SOMEONE ON 10!!!! Nope. Little bastard converted like 4 first downs for them out of the backfield, including that 4th n 2.

Sf's backs can do serious damage if they go unchecked.

I hope im wrong and it is scheme. Scheme can be adjusted and fixed. However, it is my belief that these lbs are trash, and by far the weakest link on d.

Hoover
01-22-2020, 01:39 PM
A little Devils Advocate:

Not resigning HOUSTON would be monumentally retarded. As retarded as the posters that have this irrational hate for him. He's one of the best linebackers in the league and only a hair behind Von Miller in terms of talent. If he wants Von Miller money then you give him Von Miller money. He is in his prime!

This isn a perfect science. These decisions are hard. And like most of you, after seeing what he did on Sunday, I was yelling "pay that man" at my TV. That said, its not wrong to take your Super Bowl and then trade him. After Feb 2nd the goal becomes what's in the teams best interest to keep competing for championships. I get that he is only 25, but so was Houston. Sometimes guys in these positions don't stay dominant for their entire careers.

Wallcrawler
01-22-2020, 01:43 PM
Not resigning Jones would be monumentally retarded. As retarded as the posters that have this irrational hate for him. Hes the 2nd best D lineman in the league and only a hair behind Donald in terms of talent. If he wants Donald money then you give him Donald money. He still has time to get better and will actually be 2 years younger than Donald was when he got paid. So you get more of his prime years than the Rams will get with AD. That is enough to justify paying him as much as AD.

Heres the thing.

We paid guys before. Berry. Houston. Berry got hurt snd lost his spirit. Houston never sniffed that 20+ sack performance that got him paid.

Jones has an injury history. Its a big risk to sink that much money in a guy that may not be available when you really need him.

I think if we lost in the divisional to Houston and Jones didnt play, the narrative here would be a lot different. He wasnt availabe when we needed him, screw him, trade him, etc...

But because 15 pulled our asses out of the fire and we got another game, he was able to at least contribute to the effort.

I guess it all depends on his pricetag and how much Veach is willing to gamble on his health and/or drive should we win a title Feb 2.

dlphg9
01-22-2020, 01:53 PM
Heres the thing.

We paid guys before. Berry. Houston. Berry got hurt snd lost his spirit. Houston never sniffed that 20+ sack performance that got him paid.

Jones has an injury history. Its a big risk to sink that much money in a guy that may not be available when you really need him.

I think if we lost in the divisional to Houston and Jones didnt play, the narrative here would be a lot different. He wasnt availabe when we needed him, screw him, trade him, etc...

But because 15 pulled our asses out of the fire and we got another game, he was able to at least contribute to the effort.

I guess it all depends on his pricetag and how much Veach is willing to gamble on his health and/or drive should we win a title Feb 2.

An injury history? He's missed 4 games in his entire career. Who cares that we signed Houston and Berry and injuries plagued the rest of their careers? What does that have to do with Chris Jones. Its a bit idiotic to not sign someone bevause we had a couple busts. It's football and injuries happen. The Berry/Houston argument is such a dumb argument.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-22-2020, 01:58 PM
I suppose your contention is that it is Spags' defensive scheme that is at fault for being completely inept at covering ANYONE out of the backfield?

They literally cannot stop anything out of the backfield, even from week 10 where improvement started.

That Humphries kid...I kept screaming at my tv during the title game WATCH 10!!! GET SOMEONE ON 10!!!! Nope. Little bastard converted like 4 first downs for them out of the backfield, including that 4th n 2.

Sf's backs can do serious damage if they go unchecked.

I hope im wrong and it is scheme. Scheme can be adjusted and fixed. However, it is my belief that these lbs are trash, and by far the weakest link on d.

Those little fuckers are tough for everyone to stop

Eleazar
01-22-2020, 02:06 PM
Look how we found Wilson.

Moreover, we are building a dynasty here.

We're not trying to offload Jones so we can spend a little more cap on free agent linebackers that other teams decided weren't worth the money. We aren't trying to upgrade this defense from bad to medicore anymore. Letting go of Jones to sign those type of players is a running scared, stopgap, loser franchise move.

When you have a draftee that turns into an elite player, you sign him long term. When you have draftees that don't work out, you replace them with veteran FA stopgaps if necessary, and then you replace those with more draftees.

A dynasty is always reloading through the draft. Keep Jones. Draft linebackers and corners.

Eleazar
01-22-2020, 02:07 PM
An injury history? He's missed 4 games in his entire career. Who cares that we signed Houston and Berry and injuries plagued the rest of their careers? What does that have to do with Chris Jones. Its a bit idiotic to not sign someone bevause we had a couple busts. It's football and injuries happen. The Berry/Houston argument is such a dumb argument.

There's a meme on CP that Jones is always missing big games. It's ludicrous.

Sassy Squatch
01-22-2020, 02:08 PM
Tag him and work out an extension while letting teams know the right offer could get him. If a team gives you DPOTY compensation it'd be mighty hard to pass up

dlphg9
01-22-2020, 02:20 PM
There's a meme on CP that Jones is always missing big games. It's ludicrous.

This place attracts some of the biggest fucking retards. Im curious where all this hate comes from. Who started it? Probably an Alexsexual or that retard Rabble, he has some retarded takes.

Wallcrawler
01-22-2020, 02:32 PM
This place attracts some of the biggest ****ing retards.

Obviously. Here you are.

Wallcrawler
01-22-2020, 02:46 PM

I could have sworn he missed games early in his time with a shoulder. That may have been Allen Bailey i was thinking of.

So yeah 3 games is pretty durable for that position.

At this point im fine either way. If we tag n trade, its gonna be a massive haul, and if they do sink 20 mil per year on him, he and Clark will anchor half of a pretty beastly d line for the next 4-5 seasons.

dlphg9
01-22-2020, 02:46 PM
Obviously. Here you are.

Sick burn broski! Givev me your retarded was reason for not liking Chris Jones. I'd love for you to let me pick the brain of a retard.

Wallcrawler
01-22-2020, 02:49 PM
Sick burn broski! Givev me your retarded was reason for not liking Chris Jones. I'd love for you to let me pick the brain of a retard.

Not sure exactly what this gibberish you posted is, but so far as i can tell, i think that you think i dislike Chris Jones.

Illiteracy can be an ugly thing. At no point do i express a dislike for Jones. Being objective about sinking another 100 mil on your d line does not equal dislike, "broski". Jones is a stud. It remains to be seen whether Veach considers him essential to our success for that price, or a luxury and does a tag n trade.

Get your handler to read this to you, and explain, so that you understand before you post.

dlphg9
01-22-2020, 03:00 PM
I could have sworn he missed games early in his time with a shoulder. That may have been Allen Bailey i was thinking of.

So yeah 3 games is pretty durable for that position.

At this point im fine either way. If we tag n trade, its gonna be a massive haul, and if they do sink 20 mil per year on him, he and Clark will anchor half of a pretty beastly d line for the next 4-5 seasons.

Well what do you consider a massive haul? Bevause if we're talking Frank Clark haul, then im saying no. To trade a talent like Jones I'd want a top 15 pick, next year's 1st, and a 3rd. A late 1st and a late 2nd isnt going to do it. Its not like there is anyone on the roster that can replace Jones' production or give us even 60% of his production. We have to re sign him.

dlphg9
01-22-2020, 03:05 PM
Not sure exactly what this gibberish you posted is, but so far as i can tell, i think that you think i dislike Chris Jones.

Illiteracy can be an ugly thing. At no point do i express a dislike for Jones. Being objective about sinking another 100 mil on your d line does not equal dislike, "broski". Jones is a stud. It remains to be seen whether Veach considers him essential to our success for that price, or a luxury and does a tag n trade.

Get your handler to read this to you, and explain, so that you understand before you post.

I said this place attracts retards in response to Eleazer saying that there is a meme on CP saying that Jones misses big games and you call me a retard. I just figured you didnt like Jones and I hit a nerve.

Wallcrawler
01-22-2020, 04:22 PM
I said this place attracts retards in response to Eleazer saying that there is a meme on CP saying that Jones misses big games and you call me a retard. I just figured you didnt like Jones and I hit a nerve.

I would suggest that if that is the height of your ability to deduce whether or not someone likes or dislikes a player, you should never imply that anyone is a retard or directly accuse anyone of being a retard.

Glass houses and all that.

Now, to your point of what is a haul considered, obviously a couple of first rounders to start, with negotiations on pot sweeteners. Obviously Veach is not going to let Aaron Donald light go without adequate compensation.

If however, there is a team preferrably not in the AFC that is willing to pay that, it must be considered simply for the sake of due dilligence.

dlphg9
01-22-2020, 05:24 PM
I would suggest that if that is the height of your ability to deduce whether or not someone likes or dislikes a player, you should never imply that anyone is a retard or directly accuse anyone of being a retard.

Glass houses and all that.

Now, to your point of what is a haul considered, obviously a couple of first rounders to start, with negotiations on pot sweeteners. Obviously Veach is not going to let Aaron Donald light go without adequate compensation.

If however, there is a team preferrably not in the AFC that is willing to pay that, it must be considered simply for the sake of due dilligence.

Man, for me Chris Jones is probably not tradeable. If I was going to I'd have to get a RG3 type haul. A 1st and 2nd in this draft and then the next 2 years 1st rounders and I'd only do that with a team that sucked and no team is going to do that for a DT, so there's no way id trade him.

njchiefs
01-22-2020, 06:03 PM
You're far from the only culprit, but the thread is about Jones being inactive against the Texans. Your post is a completely different topic. I don't know what's happened over the years to scare people off from starting threads, but in my opinion, if new information doesn't match the title of a thread, it should be a new thread so that people can see it.

Are you serious?

“Hey guys, what do you think of this ... Chiefs ... game ... thoughts?”

“Die ... Ban ... AIDS ... Romper Room ... Your mother ... Your sister ... Die ... Ban ... AIDS ... “

Why Not?
01-22-2020, 08:08 PM
Are you serious?

“Die ... Ban ... AIDS ... Romper Room ... Your mother ... Your sister ... Die ... Ban ... AIDS ... “

You didn’t mention “die in an AIDS fire”.

Noob

dlphg9
01-22-2020, 09:05 PM
Are you serious?

Q

Brooklyn
01-23-2020, 05:19 AM
Suggs probably retires if we win the SB. Ogbah and Okafor are no lock to return healthy, and I forget which, but ones a free agent. Pennel is also a free agent, but I bet we could keep him. Kpass is gonna get paid, by us, who knows?

Are we really trying to lose 5-6 rotational DL in one off season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-23-2020, 05:58 AM

Please don't overmodulate. I agree that good info like that deserves its own thread but leave that to the individual posters discretion.

Beuhler picked it up and gave it to the planet.

We have soldiers laying down their lives for our freedom. And this is the best site in the world . Lets keep it that way.

HemiEd
01-23-2020, 09:03 AM
Cochise posted this in the Chris Jones is inactive thread. I thought it deserved its own thread.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2020/01/22/kansas-city-chiefs-dt-chris-jones-healthy-ahead-of-super-bowl-54/

I rewatched the game last night. Jones was definately key, without question.

Also, Wilson stood out to me.

One play early, where Jones made the initial hit on Henry, Wilson is the reason he didn't get the first down. He hit him HARD!!

I keyed on watching Wilson the rest of the game and he hustled his ass off and IMO played very well.

Buehler445
01-23-2020, 09:24 AM

One play early, where Jones made the initial hit on Henry, Wilson is the reason he didn't get the first down. He hit him HARD!!

I keyed on watching Wilson the rest of the game and he hustled his ass off and IMO played very well.

I’m a total Wilson Fanboy. He’s not perfect but he’s solid and IIRC not too expensive.

BigCatDaddy
01-23-2020, 09:28 AM
You can not let this guy walk.

Mike in SW-MO
01-23-2020, 09:37 AM

I think good play from Wilson could be key to stopping San Fran's outside run game. Coupled with Clark & KPass setting edges.

Really need that LB speed.