PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Let this sink in for a minute.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-23-2020, 05:35 PM
I know everybody knows this but just let it sink in.

If it wasn't for 1 play last year. Just 1 play.

Mahomes would have taken us to two Superbowls his first two years.

I hate Dee ford with a passion. I hope fisher picks his ass up over his head and body slams the fucker as hard as he can. But then again that would be a penalty so I just hope he blows both ACLs and MCLs on the first play of the game.

Rain Man
01-23-2020, 05:38 PM
This is slowly sinking in.

Heyyyyy.....

KC Jones
01-23-2020, 05:38 PM
It's silly to hate Ford for one mistake. He played great for us and has played great in SF.

oh and hey guys - how ya been?

:D

Mephistopheles Janx
01-23-2020, 05:39 PM

I hate Dee ford with a passion. I hope fisher picks his ass up over his head and body slams the fucker as hard as he can. But then again that would be a penalty so I just hope he blows both ACLs and MCLs on the first play of the game.

Wishing injuries on the opposing team is bush league bullshit. I hope you lose both your hands in a farm related incident so we don't have to read your nonsense again.

/inb4 someone blasts the intended irony in this post

stevieray
01-23-2020, 05:40 PM
It's silly to hate Ford for one mistake.

Hey man, sorry I just blew up the motor in your BRAND NEW Porsche.

It's my first time, though.

IowaHawkeyeChief
01-23-2020, 05:41 PM
Wishing injuries on the opposing team is bush league bullshit. I hope you lose both your hands in a farm related incident so we don't have to read your nonsense again.

Dang, almost got it in...:D Wishing injuries on fellow posters is bush league bullshit.... I wish you nothing but rainbows and unicorns in your future...:hmmm:

Rain Man
01-23-2020, 05:43 PM
It's silly to hate Ford for one mistake. He played great for us and has played great in SF.

Where have you been? Did you just get paroled or something?

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-23-2020, 05:43 PM

Jokes on you , I already lost my right arm from the elbow down when my sleeve got caught in an auger back in 98.

stevieray
01-23-2020, 05:44 PM
Jokes on you , I already lost my right arm from the elbow down when my sleeve got caught in an auger back in 98.

:eek:

One armed fisherman!

Megatron96
01-23-2020, 05:45 PM
I haven't wasted a second hating Ford. it happened. It completely sucked, but it happened. Hating the guy doesn't make it better.

Since the beginning of the season i've been focused on the fact that we're going to be in the hunt for the SB every single year for the next ten years. At least. Now, circumstances will sometimes get in our way, like injuries, bad bounces here or there, salary cap issues, but this team can be the best team in the AFC for years to come. Now all I can think about is how is it actually going to play out?

KC Jones
Where have you been? Did you just get paroled or something?

eh... divorce, back surgeries, colon cancer

Now I feel like I'm stealing Hog's thread :p

Hog's Gone Fishin

One armed fisherman!

where there's a will there's a way.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
01-23-2020, 05:46 PM
Schwartz is gonna go up against Ford. Fisher is lined up across from Bosa

Mephistopheles Janx
01-23-2020, 05:48 PM

One to go then! :D

For real though... that sounds fucking awful. Were you left handed before it happened or did you have to learn?

Have you considered taking your hog jerking money and getting one of those new prosthetic limbs that you can control with your mind/surrounding muscle groups?

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-23-2020, 05:48 PM
Schwartz is gonna go up against Ford. Fisher is lined up across from Bosa

So Ford has already chickened out. What a puss!

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-23-2020, 05:50 PM
One to go then! :D

For real though... that sounds ****ing awful. Were you left handed before it happened or did you have to learn?

Have you considered taking your hog jerking money and getting one of those new prosthetic limbs that you can control with your mind/surrounding muscle groups?

That's not very nice!

Good thing I was lying! :LOL:

stevieray
01-23-2020, 05:52 PM
back surgeries, colon cancer

that's some divorce.

Hammock Parties
01-23-2020, 05:53 PM
our dynasty started last year

at the end of his career people will be saying "yeah mahomes won seven super bowls, but it should have been eight"

Megatron96
01-23-2020, 05:55 PM
In a crazy way, we have Dee Ford and Bob Sutton to thank for being here right now. If it weren't for Sutton's epic failures as our DC, and Ford's critical mistake, we'd probably be stuck with both of them right now, likely watching some other AFC team going to the SB.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-23-2020, 05:56 PM
Jumping off sides is ONE thing, lining up nearly a yard over the line means you don't give a fuck. The pussy sat out with injuries more than he played until his contract year. now he's missed half the 1st year with the 9ers because that's who he is.

Yes , I really don't like the guy. Not a team player.

But my point of this thread was not to rag on DDF but to point out how amazing it is that we had opportunity at TWO SB appearances Mahomes first two years.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-23-2020, 05:57 PM
In a crazy way, we have Dee Ford and Bob Sutton to thank for being here right now. If it weren't for Sutton's epic failures as our DC, and Ford's critical mistake, we'd probably be stuck with both of them right now, likely watching some other AFC team going to the SB.

Why would we have kept Sutton with a 32nd ranked defense??? Lombardi or not.

TEX
01-23-2020, 06:01 PM

Loyality.

Megatron96
01-23-2020, 06:01 PM

How many times have you heard of a coach being fired right after winning the SB? I can't remember one.

HemiEd
01-23-2020, 06:04 PM
This is slowly sinking in.

Heyyyyy.....

Either it is sinking in or I am sinking, will let you know when I get it in sinc.

Warrick
01-23-2020, 06:06 PM
https://youtu.be/os7_Nw9EWvM let that sink in for a minute you bitches :-)

HemiEd
01-23-2020, 06:07 PM

Yeah, he was an idiot and so were the coaches.

The roughing the passer call on Chris Jones for touching Brady's shoulder pads was also just as bad. Game over on that play as well if it isn't called.

KurtCobain
01-23-2020, 06:08 PM
our dynasty started last year

at the end of his career people will be saying "yeah mahomes won seven super bowls, but it should have been eight"

Only seven?

TwistedChief
01-23-2020, 06:10 PM
Who cares? Time to get over it. You can play that game any number of ways. If Breeland didn't have that 100yd TD return, if Fitzpatrick weren't traded to the Dolphins, if Josh Gordon could've stopped smoking weed, etc etc etc.

In fact, if we ended up converting the late 4th down to ice the regular season Titans game, they miss the playoffs and we likely end up without Suggs and having to play an AFC Championship game at Baltimore.

Let that sink in for a minute.

FringeNC
01-23-2020, 06:12 PM
Had we made it to the SB last year, Bob Sutton would still be D coordinator.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-23-2020, 06:14 PM
Who cares? Time to get over it. You can play that game any number of ways. If Breeland didn't have that 100yd TD return, if Fitzpatrick weren't traded to the Dolphins, if Josh Gordon could've stopped smoking weed, etc etc etc.

In fact, if we ended up converting the late 4th down to ice the regular season Titans game, they miss the playoffs and we likely end up without Suggs and having to play an AFC Championship game at Baltimore.

Let that sink in for a minute.

No no , that was all destiny evolving. Dee Ford took away what was to be PMII's first SB. If PMII plays 20years and only has 19 SB's we'll always remember what could have been.

Megatron96
01-23-2020, 06:15 PM
Had we made it to the SB last year, Bob Sutton would still be D coordinator.

Maybe not. If we got to the SB, but lost because of the defense, I think he'd be gone. Because people could say, "our defense let us down," and obviously Sutton would be the culprit.

But if we won, then people would look at the situation and be able to say, "well, Sutton had his issues, but when it really counted, his defense did enough to win," and we'd very likely be saddled with him this year.

Chiefshrink
01-23-2020, 06:44 PM
Hey man, sorry I just blew up the motor in your BRAND NEW Porsche.

It's my first time, though.

Exactly !!:thumb:

Frazod
01-23-2020, 07:02 PM

Bill Buckner played great, too. But if you fuck up bad enough at the worst possible moment, and kill our dreams in the process, everything that came before goes away.

Not to mention that I drove a thousand mile round trip, shelled out $500 for a ticket and froze my ass off all day only to have that game end the way it did because he lined up offsides on a play he had no other influence on.

Sorry, but I took that personally.

CityOfKansas
01-23-2020, 08:55 PM
Honestly, I forgot about Dee Ford and didn't realize he was playing for SF until recently. Good for him, just hope he loses next Sunday.

carcosa
01-23-2020, 08:55 PM
I hope Dee Ford DIES!!!!!

CityOfKansas
01-23-2020, 08:56 PM
I hope Dee Ford DIES!!!!!

DRM08
01-23-2020, 09:02 PM
Dee Ford is like Bill Buckner. One of the bigger screwups in sports history.

AussieChiefsFan
01-23-2020, 09:12 PM
At least we have a scapegoat for not making the Bowl last year. Even if he wasn't the only reason we didn't make it.

JohnnyHammersticks
01-23-2020, 09:20 PM
Quick question, when we sign Mahomes to an extension this off-season the increase doesn't count against the cap until the 2021 season, right? We still get one more year of him under his rookie deal, or is that just wishful thinking on my part?

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-23-2020, 09:36 PM
At least we have a scapegoat for not making the Bowl last year. Even if he wasn't the only reason we didn't make it.

Why are you on a message board when you should be fighting fires???

AussieChiefsFan
01-23-2020, 09:38 PM
Why are you on a message board when you should be fighting fires???I already saved 100 koalas and 400 kangaroos there's only so much one man can do [emoji31]

Chris Meck
01-23-2020, 09:40 PM
I don't care anymore.

If Ford doesn't fuck up, maybe we still have Sutton.

I like where we're at much more.

It is what it is.

Let's go win this fucking thing.

Shiver Me Timbers
01-23-2020, 09:46 PM
that's some divorce.

Lol

ThyKingdomCome15
01-23-2020, 09:49 PM
I'm gonna try to be positive here. Perhaps that dream crushing defeat to those pansies from NE will forever motivate Mahomes to crush the legacy of Brady. Its gravel-in-the-gut motivation for Mahomes to never stop pushing even if he wins four Super Bowls. The golden number for Mahomes is 7 rings. I think he can do it but only if management can keep a team around him like he has now. It almost seems impossible but Mahomes is that good.

Shiver Me Timbers
01-23-2020, 09:54 PM
I already saved 100 koalas and 400 kangaroos there's only so much one man can do [emoji31]

Good on you
Have friends down there
Sounds like it has been hell

J Diddy
01-23-2020, 10:02 PM
I already saved 100 koalas and 400 kangaroos there's only so much one man can do [emoji31]

Did you tie you kangaroo down?

DaFace
01-23-2020, 10:05 PM

Let that sink in for a minute.https://media0.giphy.com/media/ChzfTLSi47FYc/giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51af4b061776fbfb099bbf4166d38e62cf012b5e72e&rid=giphy.gif

AussieChiefsFan
01-24-2020, 02:51 AM
Good on you

Have friends down there

Sounds like it has been hellWas being sarcastic there, but yeah, there's definitely a feeling of helplessness among the average Aussie that isn't trained to fight fires. Always thankful that American and Canadian fire fighters fly over. During these recent heat waves it's very common to hear warnings along the lines of "Too late to leave, seek shelter" or "so-and-so fire is out of control, leave X area immediately". Nothing like anything I've experienced.

All22
01-24-2020, 03:52 AM

I hate Dee ford with a passion. I hope fisher picks his ass up over his head and body slams the ****er as hard as he can. But then again that would be a penalty so I just hope he blows both ACLs and MCLs on the first play of the game.

I hear you man, if Roger Craig doesn't fumble the ball we would've three-peated. If Kyle Williams knee doesn't graze that punt against the Giants we would've gone to two straight Superbowls with Harbaugh.

To this day, lots of Niner fans hate Roger Craig and Kyle Williams. It's a lot to carry around with you

njchiefs
01-24-2020, 05:19 AM

See, that’s why I love this site. I never get to hear cool farm accident stories like this in NJ. That’s tough man. You have a prosthesis?

dj56dt58
01-24-2020, 08:26 AM

That's a good point..if Ford doesn't fuck up we probably go to the SB and lose because of a shit defense, and not end up with Spags/Tyrann/Clark..maybe even Thornhill. We are better in the long run

RunKC
01-24-2020, 09:01 AM
We also have the same staff coming back next year and we can keep all of our best players next year if we want to.

Lzen
01-24-2020, 09:03 AM

Where you been, man?

Lzen
01-24-2020, 09:08 AM
How many times have you heard of a coach being fired right after winning the SB? I can't remember one.

What makes you think we would have won if we had gotten there last year?
This talking point gets me. Everyone just assumes that we would have won. Why? We still would have had Sutton's defense in the big game. I seem to recall the Rams putting up 54 on that defense earlier in the year. I'm just not convinced. Would have been nice to get there, though.

Lzen
01-24-2020, 09:09 AM
https://youtu.be/os7_Nw9EWvM let that sink in for a minute you bitches :-)

Love it! :thumb:

Frazod
01-24-2020, 09:16 AM

The Donx fired Robinson after winning the Super Bowl. And of course like morons we hired him because he'd won a Super Bowl. :banghead:

Chiefs4TheWin
01-24-2020, 09:50 AM
Hopefully he goes offsides and costs them the superbowl.

Megatron96
01-24-2020, 12:01 PM
What makes you think we would have won if we had gotten there last year?
This talking point gets me. Everyone just assumes that we would have won. Why? We still would have had Sutton's defense in the big game. I seem to recall the Rams putting up 54 on that defense earlier in the year. I'm just not convinced. Would have been nice to get there, though.

I went down that rabbit hole already.

If we lost in the SB, and it clearly was due to the defense (probably would be, right?), Sutton gets fired. End of story.

So the other rabbit hole is "what if we'd won the SB?" Which is more interesting, from a hypothetical POV.

Coochie liquor
01-24-2020, 12:14 PM
I went down that rabbit hole already.

If we lost in the SB, and it clearly was due to the defense (probably would be, right?), Sutton gets fired. End of story.

So the other rabbit hole is "what if we'd won the SB?" Which is more interesting, from a hypothetical POV.

I just feel the decision to move on from Sutton was already in the works after the season before. We drafted players that better fit the current scheme than Sutton’s. Just took a year to make it happen.

Megatron96
01-24-2020, 12:15 PM
I just feel the decision to move on from Sutton was already in the works after the season before. We drafted players that better fit the current scheme than Sutton’s. Just took a year to make it happen.

Maybe. But firing a DC right after he wins a SB isn't common.

And again, it's not interesting.

R Clark
01-24-2020, 12:19 PM

Yep

tatorhog
01-24-2020, 12:26 PM
Does he still run away from the running backs coming at him? Might come in handy next Sunday.

BWillie
01-24-2020, 01:23 PM
Dee Ford is going to play scared. He knows he fucked up and he's going to get really late jumps to compensate trying to NEVER be off sides in this game. Because you know how much shit he would get if he had an OFF SIDES penalty.

Advantage Chiefs.

gblowfish
01-24-2020, 01:24 PM
I'd just run straight at Dee Ford. He's terrible on run support.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-24-2020, 01:45 PM
Dee Ford is going to play scared. He knows he ****ed up and he's going to get really late jumps to compensate trying to NEVER be off sides in this game. Because you know how much shit he would get if he had an OFF SIDES penalty.

Advantage Chiefs.

I had not thought of that. that is a really good point.