PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Former Chiefs players sound off on Superbowl appearance

Stargazer
01-26-2020, 08:52 PM
Kind of cool hearing from guys like Tamarick Vanover, Steve Bono, Barry Word etc. This whole thing is surreal! So many of these guys deserved a shot at a title.
https://gasnsports.com/kansas-city-chiefs-super-bowl-liv/

eDave
01-26-2020, 09:08 PM
you know moss and grunhard are feeling it.

Nickhead
01-26-2020, 09:10 PM
i want to know what shape marty is in and is he aware of this feat? :thumb:

Nickhead
01-26-2020, 09:11 PM

maas? :D

eDave
01-26-2020, 09:11 PM
i want to know what shape marty is in and is he aware of this feat? :thumb:

Fuck man.

DaFace
01-26-2020, 09:15 PM
i want to know what shape marty is in and is he aware of this feat? :thumb:I take the lack of anything to be a bad sign.

Rain Man
01-26-2020, 09:16 PM
That's a great article. It's wonderful that those guys retain the connection and still think of themselves as Chiefs.

RollinWithMahomie
01-26-2020, 09:29 PM
I take the lack of anything to be a bad sign.
Last month I heard from a close friend of theirs that he's doing pretty well still given the circumstances and is keeping up with the team.

gblowfish
01-26-2020, 09:44 PM
Don't buy a used car from Tamarick Vanover.

Bono's probably saying: "The worst sports bar in Frisco is better than the best sports bar in KC," or something equally brilliant. I wish Marty wasn't so ill that he could enjoy this. I actually hope King Carl gets to go and enjoy a win too.

htismaqe
01-26-2020, 10:07 PM
Don't buy a used car from Tamarick Vanover.

Bono's probably saying: "The worst sports bar in Frisco is better than the best sports bar in KC," or something equally brilliant. I wish Marty wasn't so ill that he could enjoy this. I actually hope King Carl gets to go and enjoy a win too.

Exactly. Nobody cares what Steve Bono thinks. The stuff he said about KC should never be forgiven. Elitist scum.

CityOfKansas
01-26-2020, 10:35 PM
Vanover was my man-crush as a child.

frozenchief
01-26-2020, 11:54 PM

Grunny should have made SB. He was a great center and I love listening to him analyze our situation.

JimNasium
01-27-2020, 08:55 AM
I visited with a guy at NFL Experience yesterday who is personal friends with Lenny. He told me he is not doing very well. He had spoken to he and his wife ten days earlier. I gathered from the conversation that there were cognitive issues that he is dealing with. That would explain his extended absence.

Lzen
01-27-2020, 09:01 AM
Grunny should have made SB. He was a great center and I love listening to him analyze our situation.

Exactly! Grunny is one of my favorite all-time Chiefs. I could have done without hearing anything from Bono.

Lzen
01-27-2020, 09:02 AM
Last month I heard from a close friend of theirs that he's doing pretty well still given the circumstances and is keeping up with the team.

Last I knew, they had to put him in a home. He has his moments but it is a disease that only gets worse over time.

Frosty
01-27-2020, 09:04 AM
D.T. would be really joyous right now playing this Super Bowl in Miami, with him being from there. They’ll do it for Derrick and he’ll be down there and I guarantee you, he’ll have his spirit down on that field as well.”

Kinda dusty in here today.

SuperBowl4
01-27-2020, 09:07 AM
:arrow: We know who Dick Vermeil will be rooting for! :arrow:

DJJasonp
01-27-2020, 09:48 AM

Yeah, the Kevin Ross comments gave me chills, for sure!

Kevin Ross “Rock” (cornerback/safety 1984-1993): “This couldn’t happen to a better city. They have the best fans in the nation. You guys have good players who I think are going to be around for awhile, so I think it’s going to be a good time down in Miami for the Chiefs.”

“I think winning the Lamar Hunt trophy might be better than winning the Super Bowl. They got the trophy back home and that’s a very nice thing for the franchise and city.”

“The thing that’s scary about the Chiefs right now is that even when you dominate them in the 1st quarter or even the first half, they’re still winning the game and that’s just scary. I’ll say this, we had a couple guys in Tyrann Mathieu and Xavier William, both who were with me when I was coaching in Arizona and I can tell you this, you don’t have to worry about those two guys right there because they’ll bring everything they got. I’m expecting big plays out of both of them.”

“When they won I thought about Marty Schottenheimer, Carl Peterson, Deron Cherry, Albert Lewis, Lloyd Burruss and Derrick Thomas. D.T. would be really joyous right now playing this Super Bowl in Miami, with him being from there. They’ll do it for Derrick and he’ll be down there and I guarantee you, he’ll have his spirit down on that field as well.”

Stargazer
01-27-2020, 10:43 AM

Kevin Ross “Rock” (cornerback/safety 1984-1993): “This couldn’t happen to a better city. They have the best fans in the nation. You guys have good players who I think are going to be around for awhile, so I think it’s going to be a good time down in Miami for the Chiefs.”

“I think winning the Lamar Hunt trophy might be better than winning the Super Bowl. They got the trophy back home and that’s a very nice thing for the franchise and city.”

“The thing that’s scary about the Chiefs right now is that even when you dominate them in the 1st quarter or even the first half, they’re still winning the game and that’s just scary. I’ll say this, we had a couple guys in Tyrann Mathieu and Xavier William, both who were with me when I was coaching in Arizona and I can tell you this, you don’t have to worry about those two guys right there because they’ll bring everything they got. I’m expecting big plays out of both of them.”

“When they won I thought about Marty Schottenheimer, Carl Peterson, Deron Cherry, Albert Lewis, Lloyd Burruss and Derrick Thomas. D.T. would be really joyous right now playing this Super Bowl in Miami, with him being from there. They’ll do it for Derrick and he’ll be down there and I guarantee you, he’ll have his spirit down on that field as well.”

Absolutely, great stuff.

RollinWithMahomie
01-27-2020, 04:57 PM

Very dusty! Im not crying, you're crying!

NJChiefsFan
01-27-2020, 06:31 PM
That got me. I think reading how much the former players care about the organization, the ownership, and the fans, is putting this in perspective more than the actual current players are.

This team is playing for a fan base, the hunt family, the city, and literally every player to ever play for our team.

Shaun Smith played for the chiefs for only two years and the guy is crying when we win the hunt trophy. I mean think about that for a second.

RollinWithMahomie
01-27-2020, 10:12 PM
That got me. I think reading how much the former players care about the organization, the ownership, and the fans, is putting this in perspective more than the actual current players are.

This team is playing for a fan base, the hunt family, the city, and literally every player to ever play for our team.

Shaun Smith played for the chiefs for only two years and the guy is crying when we win the hunt trophy. I mean think about that for a second.

Thats a great point and wow you're right just shows that this organization is different!!

RollinWithMahomie
01-29-2020, 07:03 AM

As we inch closer to this super bowl i keep coming back to this quote and man im so ready!

Stargazer
01-29-2020, 09:35 PM
Thats a great point and wow you're right just shows that this organization is different!!

Absolutely, need to win for these guys!

kysirsoze
01-29-2020, 10:42 PM
I did not know DT was from Miami. Oh this is happening.

|Zach|
01-29-2020, 11:54 PM
Someone get Joe Valerio I want to hear everything.

scho63
01-30-2020, 01:37 AM
What does Sabby think?

Demonpenz
01-30-2020, 02:44 AM
I wish Derrick Johnson could be on this team. I am sure he is fine with whatever he is doing.

Stargazer
01-30-2020, 10:39 AM
Someone get Joe Valerio I want to hear everything.

Could be arranged I'm sure.

scho63
01-30-2020, 11:01 AM
I wish Derrick Johnson could be on this team. I am sure he is fine with whatever he is doing.

IMHO he made a big mistake joining the Faiders and should have just become a LB coach.

For him to join those fucks really tainted him as the perfect player I always admired. Still like what he did for the Chiefs but that dinged his rep. :doh!:

Rain Man
01-30-2020, 11:12 AM
Could be arranged I'm sure.

According to his linkedin, he holds an "unofficial NFL record for the most touchdowns by an offensive lineman (4)". I find that interesting.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/joevalerio/

RollinWithMahomie
02-02-2020, 10:05 AM
I did not know DT was from Miami. Oh this is happening.

Dang I didn't either! Chiefs by 50! Haha